Mini 1582: Formerfish's First Foray (Game Over)

I Love Fairies
I Love Fairies
Goon
I Love Fairies
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5 (isolation #0) » Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:55 pm

Post by I Love Fairies »

I just realized that even though I've played 4 total games (all in the newbie forum), this is the first game I haven't replaced into. 0.0 I feel lost.
A genius, huh? What does that mean? "Genius"? So I was not born with a whole lot of natural talent, not gifted like Neji… but I work hard and I never give up! That is my gift; that is my ninja way! ---- Rock Lee
I Love Fairies
I Love Fairies
Goon
I Love Fairies
Goon
Goon

Post Post #11 (isolation #1) » Thu Jun 19, 2014 5:06 am

Post by I Love Fairies »

In post 7, Nul wrote:
In post 5, I Love Fairies wrote:I just realized that even though I've played 4 total games (all in the newbie forum), this is the first game I haven't replaced into. 0.0 I feel lost.
Are you trying to ask for help, or is that a statement?
Mostly just a realization comment on my end. :p
A genius, huh? What does that mean? "Genius"? So I was not born with a whole lot of natural talent, not gifted like Neji… but I work hard and I never give up! That is my gift; that is my ninja way! ---- Rock Lee
I Love Fairies
I Love Fairies
Goon
I Love Fairies
Goon
Goon

Post Post #13 (isolation #2) » Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:12 am

Post by I Love Fairies »

I'm honestly a little confused about the RVS. What do the votes serve?
I Love Fairies
I Love Fairies
Goon
I Love Fairies
Goon
Goon

Post Post #15 (isolation #3) » Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:45 am

Post by I Love Fairies »

That's actually kind of cool. You wouldn't happen to have a direct link to it, would you? I want to be an IC after I play a game or two, and I think that post would be beneficial. I'd like a direct link so people know better who I'm crediting.
I Love Fairies
I Love Fairies
Goon
I Love Fairies
Goon
Goon

Post Post #20 (isolation #4) » Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:10 pm

Post by I Love Fairies »

In post 16, bjc wrote:
vote: I love fairies
Da'wwww, not even an explanation? :(

Thanks for the link, Massive.
I Love Fairies
I Love Fairies
Goon
I Love Fairies
Goon
Goon

Post Post #24 (isolation #5) » Thu Jun 19, 2014 4:39 pm

Post by I Love Fairies »

In post 403, I Love Fairies wrote:Keep in mind that I don't vote unless I feel strongly about something.
I don't like to vote unless I'm actually serious about lynching the person that I'm voting for, but, I guess it's scummy for me not to so or something (which I disagree with) so to oblige:

VOTE: Kitty

Less random than the rest of the votes. Random bandwagon followers strike me as more likely to be scum than most, particularly if they don't provide any actual reasoning. Like, it's fine to vote for me, but if you're going to vote against me and not provide any reasons, how do you expect me to respond? I can't. That's unfair and that's how mislynches come about, and that's how scum wins. Thus, we can conclude that those who vote with no reason, whether bandwagoning or not, are scummy.
I Love Fairies
I Love Fairies
Goon
I Love Fairies
Goon
Goon

Post Post #31 (isolation #6) » Thu Jun 19, 2014 6:42 pm

Post by I Love Fairies »

In post 27, Drew-Sta wrote:So you disagree with the vote on Kitty because its a random bandwagon but you jump on anyway? WTF?

UNVOTE: OkaPoka
VOTE: ILoveFairies
Reading comprehension? I said my vote wasn't quite random.

I was asked to vote and I voted. I don't like voting for no reason, so I voted for the strongest reason I could find, fucking sue me.
I Love Fairies
I Love Fairies
Goon
I Love Fairies
Goon
Goon

Post Post #32 (isolation #7) » Thu Jun 19, 2014 6:43 pm

Post by I Love Fairies »

In post 28, theelkspeaks wrote:At least be honest and admit you're voting Kitty because she voted you.

VOTE: Fairies
Christ, apparently you guys can't read. No, I gave my reasons. If you think my reason for voting is less legitimate than all the votes on me, tell me why.

I mean shit, half the game is voting on me, am I not allowed to think anything of half the people in this game? That's just stupid.
I Love Fairies
I Love Fairies
Goon
I Love Fairies
Goon
Goon

Post Post #34 (isolation #8) » Thu Jun 19, 2014 6:53 pm

Post by I Love Fairies »

How was I opportunistic? I voted on who I thought was scummy. If you read all of my other games, I don't care what the other votes are (save for L-2, I don't want early hammers), I vote what I think is right. It's why I'm very hesitant to vote at all times, I don't like being wrong, and when I think I'm right, it takes good reasoning to change my mind.

Don't get the misconception that my vote as RVS. My vote was a real vote.
I Love Fairies
I Love Fairies
Goon
I Love Fairies
Goon
Goon

Post Post #38 (isolation #9) » Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:54 pm

Post by I Love Fairies »

In post 24, I Love Fairies wrote:
In post 403, I Love Fairies wrote:Keep in mind that I don't vote unless I feel strongly about something.
I don't like to vote unless I'm actually serious about lynching the person that I'm voting for, but, I guess it's scummy for me not to so or something (which I disagree with) so to oblige:

VOTE: Kitty

Less random than the rest of the votes. Random bandwagon followers strike me as more likely to be scum than most, particularly if they don't provide any actual reasoning. Like, it's fine to vote for me, but if you're going to vote against me and not provide any reasons, how do you expect me to respond? I can't. That's unfair and that's how mislynches come about, and that's how scum wins. Thus, we can conclude that those who vote with no reason, whether bandwagoning or not, are scummy.
I posted my reasoning with my vote. I didn't say I thought Kitty to be mafia necessarily, just that I find her slightly more likely to be mafia than anyone else in the thread.
I Love Fairies
I Love Fairies
Goon
I Love Fairies
Goon
Goon

Post Post #39 (isolation #10) » Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:27 pm

Post by I Love Fairies »

I have to teach 2 classes, attend 2 classes, and take a test. Unfortunately, all of those things are time consuming and I probably won't be around very much tomorrow. Just though I should let you know.
I Love Fairies
I Love Fairies
Goon
I Love Fairies
Goon
Goon

Post Post #46 (isolation #11) » Fri Jun 20, 2014 5:52 pm

Post by I Love Fairies »

I was L-1 once, I think. I was okay with the lynch at the time though, because I figured both scum had to be on my wagon because the reasons for the votes on me where stupider than the reasons for the votes on me now. However, I have no reason not to buy your story so unless someone/something convinces me otherwise:

UNVOTE: Kitty
I Love Fairies
I Love Fairies
Goon
I Love Fairies
Goon
Goon

Post Post #47 (isolation #12) » Fri Jun 20, 2014 5:54 pm

Post by I Love Fairies »

In post 45, Grib wrote:
In post 44, bjc wrote:tl;dr
So. Are you scum or just a liability?
Well, looking at his posts since forever, sarcastic, one lined nothings. So I doubt he's any more likely to be scum than anyone else, so he's probably just a liability.
I Love Fairies
I Love Fairies
Goon
I Love Fairies
Goon
Goon

Post Post #53 (isolation #13) » Fri Jun 20, 2014 6:35 pm

Post by I Love Fairies »

How the hell did you miss when I explained why? Where I explained why is literally in a nested quote in your post.

How the living fuck does that make my initial vote seem all the more suspicious?

Like, fuck each and every single one of you if you're going to vote me for not voting, and then proceed to vote me for voting. That's fucking bullshit. All of you guys put me in an impossible situation where I did nothing wrong, but you all vote me anyways. I'm fucking damned if I don't, damned if I do, and that's not fair. Putting people in unfair situations for no reason is scummy as shit.

My vote was justified, and it was ASKED FOR. If people didn't ask me to vote, I probably wouldn't have, because I don't feel very strongly about anyone in this game yet, given that it's still only like 2 days in.
I Love Fairies
I Love Fairies
Goon
I Love Fairies
Goon
Goon

Post Post #54 (isolation #14) » Fri Jun 20, 2014 6:39 pm

Post by I Love Fairies »

God, as if I wasn't already grumpy enough, you guys go ahead and put me in an indefensible situation. That's literally my biggest pet peeve, being unfair to someone.
I Love Fairies
I Love Fairies
Goon
I Love Fairies
Goon
Goon

Post Post #58 (isolation #15) » Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:39 pm

Post by I Love Fairies »

In post 55, Drew-Sta wrote:
In post 53, I Love Fairies wrote:How the hell did you miss when I explained why? Where I explained why is literally in a nested quote in your post.

How the living fuck does that make my initial vote seem all the more suspicious?

Like, fuck each and every single one of you if you're going to vote me for not voting, and then proceed to vote me for voting. That's fucking bullshit. All of you guys put me in an impossible situation where I did nothing wrong, but you all vote me anyways. I'm fucking damned if I don't, damned if I do, and that's not fair. Putting people in unfair situations for no reason is scummy as shit.

My vote was justified, and it was ASKED FOR. If people didn't ask me to vote, I probably wouldn't have, because I don't feel very strongly about anyone in this game yet, given that it's still only like 2 days in.
1. I didn't ask you to vote for someone.
2. I think the reasons you did vote, and who you voted for, were opportunistic.
3. I agree we, as a group, have boxed you into a situation.

On that 3rd point I am very worried.

UNVOTE: ILF as I now feel like I've jumped the gun in a paranoid fashion.

Gah.
1. No, you didn't, but someone else did. I obliged.
2. I disagree with you. My vote was by far the most reasoned vote up until that point, and I'd still contend that my vote was the most reasoned vote even after that.
3. Well thank you. I'm glad my anger about the situation has availed to some logic.
In post 56, Shinobi wrote:
In post 36, bjc wrote:Am not scum.
Shit. Obv town then.
Obv.
In post 57, Shinobi wrote:Also I have Fairies as town because gut.
What is your thoughts about the situation beyond just your read on me?
I Love Fairies
I Love Fairies
Goon
I Love Fairies
Goon
Goon

Post Post #60 (isolation #16) » Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:53 pm

Post by I Love Fairies »

I'm honestly confused here. If you're talking about Shinobi, his only vote was on Freddy in the RVS stage, and his only "protection" of me was his comment that he has a gut feel on me after someone unvoted me.
I Love Fairies
I Love Fairies
Goon
I Love Fairies
Goon
Goon

Post Post #70 (isolation #17) » Sat Jun 21, 2014 10:54 am

Post by I Love Fairies »

I think the opposition to your position is mostly found in the fact that Shinobi did not vote the person that voted for me at all.
I Love Fairies
I Love Fairies
Goon
I Love Fairies
Goon
Goon

Post Post #73 (isolation #18) » Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:23 am

Post by I Love Fairies »

Ohhhhhhhhhhh, here I was thinking you meant Shinobi voted Kitty. I actually kind of forgot bjc voted for me in the RVS. I kind of just...stopped paying attention to the votes in the RVS and only paid attention to the votes that were actually reasoned against me. Interesting.

I don't know what to tell ya, because I don't know what Shinobi was thinking at the time. My guess is more on him legitimately randomly voting.

Also, let's pretend for a moment that you are right and Shinobi voted bjc to "protect" me and attempt to lynch bjc, let's also pretend that Shinobi is scum. That doesn't make me scum. Scummers really like to buddy up with town members so that when that town member flips town, the scummer looks good because he was associated with the member that flipped. I suppose that's why you voted for Shinobi rather than me, even though I'm currently the easier lynch?
I Love Fairies
I Love Fairies
Goon
I Love Fairies
Goon
Goon

Post Post #78 (isolation #19) » Sat Jun 21, 2014 2:08 pm

Post by I Love Fairies »

In post 74, Boonskiies wrote:Correct, because either way, I believe Shinobi is acting scummier than you are, but I wouldn't be surprised if you ended up being scum. I'm pretty dead set on Shinobi though, well, because gut, as Shinobi said.
I'd rather we not lynch a townie just to confirm my alignment.
In post 76, Drew-Sta wrote:So much hangover. Much pain. Wow...
You were vocal about the Kitty-ILF fiasco, yet you haven't said anything about Boons theory, any particular reason to the lack of opinion in this case?
I Love Fairies
I Love Fairies
Goon
I Love Fairies
Goon
Goon

Post Post #113 (isolation #20) » Sun Jun 22, 2014 7:40 pm

Post by I Love Fairies »

Ohhhhhhhh, is that why Grib is voting twice? That's actually kind of cool.

Anyways, I apologize for my absence. I forgot my own birthday.

I don't really understand why OkaPoka looks scummy. I disagree with Octopus (obviously) on his read on me, but otherwise, I've yet to see someone replace into a game who posts a list be scum, so for now, I'm willing to trust him. Hm, now that I think of it, I don't really have anyone that I think is outstandingly scummy in my eyes right now. Is that why the votes on OkaPoka are piling up, because he's done less than everyone else to "prove" himself to be town?
I Love Fairies
I Love Fairies
Goon
I Love Fairies
Goon
Goon

Post Post #138 (isolation #21) » Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:39 pm

Post by I Love Fairies »

In post 117, Octopus wrote:
@Grib:
Do you have to use both votes, or can you just have one cast at any one time?

First,
@ ILF:
Happy birthday, do you have any thoughts about anyone in the game that is not related to their interaction with you?
I already explained that I was a little lost.
In post 119, Octopus wrote:
@ILF:
In post 38, I Love Fairies wrote:
->
I didn't say I thought Kitty to be mafia necessarily, just that I find her slightly more likely to be mafia than anyone else in the thread.
Why?
Asking "why" is why people had so much suspicion on me in the first place. I keep referring back to the post where I actually voted. That was my reasoning for thinking Kitty to be slightly more scummy than other people (and slightly more scummy = more likely to be mafia, in my eyes). However, I was incorrect with my analysis of her possible motivations and (unless she's lying) I'm in full agreeance that her explained reasoning is indeed townish.

Honestly, I'll have to reread the entire thread and make a better analysis, but as of right now, I don't have the time. Expect a post from me outlining my thoughts about the game tomorrow.

But as of now:

VOTE: bjc

Remember kiddos, I don't vote unless I feel strongly about something. I don't like that he's obviously keeping up with the thread, but refusing to participate. That screams either scum or liability to me (just like it did for someone previous to me). Either way, I like that lynch better than anything anyone has put forth so far.
I Love Fairies
I Love Fairies
Goon
I Love Fairies
Goon
Goon

Post Post #154 (isolation #22) » Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:10 pm

Post by I Love Fairies »

In post 151, OkaPoka wrote:How'd you know he falsely claims?
Because a real TPR wouldn't claim unless they were actually about to be lynched. Even when being wagoned, a TPR is not justified in RCing until they're at L-1 (L-2 if it's suspected we have someone notorious for quickhammering).

There's basically one consideration that I can think of that would be considered townish if someone RCed early, but given how unlikely I feel that situation is I don't think this is the case.

Boy, I sure do wish I could vote bjc again!
I Love Fairies
I Love Fairies
Goon
I Love Fairies
Goon
Goon

Post Post #183 (isolation #23) » Tue Jun 24, 2014 2:52 pm

Post by I Love Fairies »

In post 171, Octopus wrote:
@ILF:
In post 138, I Love Fairies wrote:
Snip->

Asking "why" is why people had so much suspicion on me in the first place. I keep referring back to the post where I actually voted. That was my reasoning for thinking Kitty to be slightly more scummy than other people (and slightly more scummy = more likely to be mafia, in my eyes). However, I was incorrect with my analysis of her possible motivations and (unless she's lying) I'm in full agreeance that her explained reasoning is indeed townish.
Snip->
What I'm trying to understand here is what Drew-Sta pointed out, although really badly. If it's scummy to jump on a random band wagon then logically Boon was more scummy than Kitty. Boon 'randomly' placed Kitty on 3 votes (L-4), whereas Kitty moved you up to 2 votes (L-5, hardly a wagon). With your stated reason for voting why did you therefore find Kitty scummier than Boon? And didn't Grib do exactly the same as Kitty?
Ohhhhhhhhhh, is this what everyone is confused on with me? I never said that Boon was not scummy at all, but the reason that I found him less so than Kitty at the time is because Kitty had already voted randomly, she voted Massive in her opening post. Switching that vote to me said to me that it was not a random vote (because why switch from one random vote to another one without even joke reasoning?). Boon voted on Kitty when she had votes as well, but given that it was his first post, it could have been reasoned that it was indeed just a random/joke vote. It was Kitty switching her vote that raised red flags in my mind.

Grib did a similar thing as Kitty, yes, but Grib accompanied that vote with a question directed at Kitty that implied Grib found Kitty's actions up to that point scummy. In hindsight, I should have been suspicious of Grib on that point as well, but I suppose I did tunnel a little.

Put more simply, I found Grib's posts to be town (because of the questions in post 22), Boon to be null (because I figured one of two things: it was a random vote, or Boon was following Grib), and Kitty to be scummy (because of the switched vote [indicating less than random reasoning] without reason).

@Drewsta in 173: Since I didn't seem to be clear about my vote on bjc, let me explain a little in depth as to why I voted him:

1. He's a liability to the town
2. A bandwagon on me is still viable and I prefer the bjc bandwagon over my own (obviously)
3. I HATE how he plays and I honestly feel like people who refuse to contribute in games just so no one can get reads on them is against the spirit of the game and just makes the game worse and thus, should be policy lynched
4. His claim was obvscum to me. Let's look at his motivations for his claim:
a. He's VT, maybe he's trying to redirect NKs to him. Why I think this is bullshit: because if a VT wants to redirect NKs to themself, they should act like an obvious TPR without going so far as to make it obvious that they're not a VT by claiming (because a TPR wouldn't claim so early because they don't want to die because TPRs are valuable)
b. He's TPR, maybe he was just trying to keep himself alive because he's aware that TPRs are valuable. Why I think this is bullshit: He was not close to being lynched. There was no need for him to do anything to keep himself alive besides maybe participate more. If he actually was TPR, he'd care about keeping himself alive enough to actually participate in the game to prevent a lynch on himslef.
c. He's some sort of role that benefits from being NKed, which would explain why he claimed TPR, because he was trying to make himself a target. Why I think this is bullshit: The correct play here would be to attempt to portray himself as a TPR without making it obvious that he's not actually a TPR (well, he would be in this case, but he wants the NK, so he's trying to get NKed). So basically, his actions should be what actions he would take as a VT. I don't buy this one bit.
d. He's scum, he wants everyone to back off of him and he knows he won't be NKed because he's the one doing the NKs. Why I'm now a little skeptical on this: if he's scum, he should be aware that his action was pretty stupid as both scum and town. If we assume he's intelligent, he shouldn't fall into the trap he made himself.
e. He's a jester, he wants to get lynched, and knows that making a play completely awful for town will get him lynched, especially if he was already a liability. Why I'm concerned about this: I hadn't considered this option prior to writing this all out. However, I don't know how likely a jester actually is, would someone with more experience tell me how likely it is we have a jester?
5. His overall lack of a defense makes me think that he honestly doesn't care. Maybe that's not alignment indicative, maybe this should fit into reason 1, but still, this point angers me.
6. I'm currently town reading everyone but him, and since he's the odd one out in this case, I don't know who else to vote. This is my fault though, I've been super busy recently and I haven't had the time to put as much effort into this game as I began to do in my previous two games (the two games before I was new and lost and didn't really contribute all too much [still more than bjc]).

Also, Grib, what do you think of the bjc wagon, besides "lazy"?
I Love Fairies
I Love Fairies
Goon
I Love Fairies
Goon
Goon

Post Post #184 (isolation #24) » Tue Jun 24, 2014 3:00 pm

Post by I Love Fairies »

^^^ Sorry for the unreadability, I was planning on formatting that, but I forgot.
I Love Fairies
I Love Fairies
Goon
I Love Fairies
Goon
Goon

Post Post #190 (isolation #25) » Tue Jun 24, 2014 4:05 pm

Post by I Love Fairies »

In post 185, bjc wrote:o she mad
People wanted justification. I gave justification. And yes, I am a little angry.
In post 188, OkaPoka wrote:Wow.

So now posting not much is scummy?

Day 1 is harder to mass produce content. I am better with a lynch, or when stuff happens.
Yes, lurking is scummy.
I Love Fairies
I Love Fairies
Goon
I Love Fairies
Goon
Goon

Post Post #195 (isolation #26) » Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:56 pm

Post by I Love Fairies »

Played 4 games. I read a game offsite, and they mentioned A LOT of roles. I mean, they had like, 30 people in one game.
I Love Fairies
I Love Fairies
Goon
I Love Fairies
Goon
Goon

Post Post #199 (isolation #27) » Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:32 am

Post by I Love Fairies »

Hindsight, I think you're right and Boon looked a little scummy. At the time, I did not find him to be scummy. Now, I'm leaning more towards scum on him than most other people.

I have to teach in half an hour, so idk when I'll be back, but I don't really have the time (or the energy to spare) to analyze the game much as of right now.
I Love Fairies
I Love Fairies
Goon
I Love Fairies
Goon
Goon

Post Post #238 (isolation #28) » Sat Jun 28, 2014 11:02 am

Post by I Love Fairies »

VLA: Probably until Monday. Hopefully not that long.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”