Newbie 1502: Thought Blockage (Game Ovs)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Xayzeck
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Sun May 18, 2014 4:15 am

Post by Xayzeck »

You're townreading reinoe, nacho?
GMT+8
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Sun May 18, 2014 4:16 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

After that?
Yes.

Are you not?
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Xayzeck
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Sun May 18, 2014 4:23 am

Post by Xayzeck »

Not really

If I did townread him I'd have like, no scumreads left

except ultra but that's PoE
GMT+8
I Love Fairies
I Love Fairies
Goon
I Love Fairies
Goon
Goon

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Sun May 18, 2014 5:52 am

Post by I Love Fairies »

In post 362, emeraldemon wrote:Time is short. I would still move my vote to reinoe if the wagon formed, but it seems unlikely. Someone declare intent to hammer.
This is what I was fishing for. I was looking for a townie who would still declare that we don't have enough time to switch off even if we do. That's super super scummy to me, because that means that they're certain they've pegged town, are aware that everyone else is not certain of it, and is using the excuse that we can't switch off because bad lynch > no lynch.
In post 364, Xayzeck wrote:@ILF: So if you think it's me/reinoe

you're saying that I would push a wagon on a townie, drive him to L-1, about a day before deadline, only to suddenly hop off and start bussing?
I feel that if people move their votes, they weren't quite sure about TN but would rather lynch him than allow Day to end with no majority. I wasn't specifically aiming my observation at you. That post by Emerald is what I was looking for because that's a super scum tell to me.
In post 367, Nachomamma8 wrote:I've mostly skimmed because early morning + hungover, but I don't think I'm comfortable with a tn lynch anymore.

Unvote
and this seems townie to me. Again, to me things like this show me that people were just scared of a no-lynch.
In post 379, Xayzeck wrote:
In post 369, reinoe wrote:And Xay is pushing me pretty hard with ILF's appearance.
not really that hard? lol
Harder than you're letting on. You asked me to give more reasoning on Rei about why he's teetering scum in my mind. That can be seen as a townie thing to do because generating activity and figuring out what people are thinking is a townie thing to do, but it can be seen as scum because you could just be using my opinion to build upon your argument.
In post 402, Xayzeck wrote:except ultra but that's PoE
D:

Alright. I saw what I wanted with the votes right after the extension. I was a little wary of Emerald in the first place, and his post after extension was just eeeeewwwwwwww. I'm not a huge fan of letting Rei completely slip out of suspicion, he still has a minor-minor scum read, but less so than before. Keep in mind that I don't vote unless I feel strongly about something.

VOTE: Emerald
A genius, huh? What does that mean? "Genius"? So I was not born with a whole lot of natural talent, not gifted like Neji… but I work hard and I never give up! That is my gift; that is my ninja way! ---- Rock Lee
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Sun May 18, 2014 6:01 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 402, Xayzeck wrote:Not really

If I did townread him I'd have like, no scumreads left

except ultra but that's PoE
If that's the case, then it's time to reevaluate!
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
tn5421
tn5421
he/him
Mafia Scum
tn5421
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Sun May 18, 2014 7:09 am

Post by tn5421 »

I've got a null read on reinoe's slot now, and a slight townread on ultra's slot.

Vettrock, emeraldemon, Reinoe, all of my
FoS
WIP
I Love Fairies
I Love Fairies
Goon
I Love Fairies
Goon
Goon

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Sun May 18, 2014 7:39 am

Post by I Love Fairies »

Could you explain a little more in depth as to why you feel that way?

Also, are you aware that you just FoSed Rei after saying you have a null read on him?
A genius, huh? What does that mean? "Genius"? So I was not born with a whole lot of natural talent, not gifted like Neji… but I work hard and I never give up! That is my gift; that is my ninja way! ---- Rock Lee
tn5421
tn5421
he/him
Mafia Scum
tn5421
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Sun May 18, 2014 8:42 am

Post by tn5421 »

I'm still suspicious otherwise he'd be a townread. Just less so than before.
I Love Fairies = ultra's slot. You're contributing a lot and that makes me happy, which removes the read I had on ultra entirely.
I'm still suspicious of Vettrock from 7 pages back.
WIP
I Love Fairies
I Love Fairies
Goon
I Love Fairies
Goon
Goon

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Sun May 18, 2014 8:52 am

Post by I Love Fairies »

What's your FoS on emerald and Rei based on?
tn5421
tn5421
he/him
Mafia Scum
tn5421
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Sun May 18, 2014 9:46 am

Post by tn5421 »

Other than his readlists, emerald has been content to sit in the background and chip in once in a blue moon compares to most of the other players. I feel his primary motivation for putting me at L-1 was purely to get a claim. Feels more like he's PR hunting than scum hunting.
Rei is still suspicious to me because of his behavior earlier in the game.
WIP
Kalikantzaros
Kalikantzaros
Townie
Kalikantzaros
Townie
Townie

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Sun May 18, 2014 10:38 am

Post by Kalikantzaros »

I'm sorry, I currently don't have time to look through things carefully, so I'm sorry for the not-so-good post. =w=
In post 345, reinoe wrote:read 267 again kali. It's a timeline of activity and I think it highlights quite well why I flipped out at unabletable.
Except, I've been repeatedly saying that I'm excluding the part where you flipped off due to your business and Theunabletable not having noticed it.

ILF's - The way she tries to explain her thoughts (and I guess her later activity) gives me a town read of her.
In post 366, Nachomamma8 wrote:The reaction you're referring to is 247, correct? /quote]

No, I meant , , and especially the parts in and where he talks about Theunabletable. I think I remember why you thought Tn was scummy, but I also thought there were others who found Tn's initial reaction to be exaggerated, and considered Reinoe to be town. (In fact, I thought Vettrock might be one of them, but I'm pressed for time and can't check, so there's a high likelihood that I'm mistaken.)

Reinoe's - I first said I found you scummy due to your reactions to Tn's hypothesis. (Not his request that you answer his question.) And then, my second reason was that you've raged at something a lot subtler/hypothetical/etc. than my accusation, and then didn't react at all when I did accuse you.

Vettock! What are your opinions of all that's been going on? What are your current reads, and why?
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Sun May 18, 2014 1:41 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

Votecount 1O

tn5421
( 2 ) vettrock | emeraldemon
vettrock
( 2 ) tn5421 | reinoe
reinoe
( 2 ) Kalikantzaros | Xayzeck
emeraldemon
( 1 ) I Love Fairies

Not Voting
theunabletable Nachomamma8

With 9 alive, it will take 5 to lynch.
Deadline: (expired on 2014-05-21 08:34:35)

Prodding theunabletable
Replacing reinoe as per request.
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
theunabletable
theunabletable
Townie
theunabletable
Townie
Townie

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Sun May 18, 2014 2:16 pm

Post by theunabletable »

Ahh just got the email. I'm sorry guys, I haven't had a whole lot of time lately to post, but I have kept up with what's going on each day.

So the big things I've noticed since the last time I posted a few days ago.

I Love Fairies (henceforth ilf) appeared, and has been pretty active. I can't go through post by post, but tonight when I have more time, I might. She's been productive, her posts and opinions are reasonable, and on the whole, I get very town vibes from her, to the degree that I had gotten in the past with Kali. Given that I never suspected Ultra either way, I trust her.

For a long time, Reinoe was developing slowly into my biggest scumread. I was becoming more comfortable with the arguments for Vettrock's innocence, and becoming more critical and distrustful of Reinoe. But the way that Reinoe left like that, and seeing that he's actually being replaced, and it's not some emotional pull... It's a very significant thing to do, and I have to say that it seems much more town than scum. I'll be thinking about this much, much more when I come back. I'm left feeling extremely uncertain on this aspect of the game.

I feel validated by the increase in suspicion going towards emerald, as I've felt weary of him since the beginning, but I'm not sure where I'm at with him past that.

Nacho I still have a bit of a null-town read, same with xayzeck.

I have no idea what my opinion is on tn.

Honestly a big part of not posting lately is that I feel completely lost in the game at the moment. I don't have any more time right now, and all for the better. When I next post, hopefully tonight, I'm going to clear my head, and come at this with a totally blank slate, and reform full opinions.
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Sun May 18, 2014 4:27 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

loofah replaces reinoe.
Deadline remains the same.
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
vettrock
vettrock
Mafia Scum
vettrock
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Sun May 18, 2014 4:53 pm

Post by vettrock »

Well I back in civilization. My take on what has happened:
I Love Fairies. Despite taking Ultra's slot, I'm getting much more of a town feel from her so far. This may be more of style than just alignment, but I think time will tell.

I think her read on emerald is interesting, and I can follow the logic as it matches emerald's behavior. I would tend to agree, so I'm moving emerald up a bit in the scummy category.

reinoe, while he was pushing hard to show I am scummy, has move in the town direction due to his later behavior. While hopefully his replacement fines me less scummy, I'm not sure all of the replacements won't make this even more difficult as there are many more styles to evaluate. I guess one can look it as if both the original and replacement seem scummy, it is probably a good bet they are scummy, but I'm not sure what I will have to make of the mixed reads.

theunabletable has moved a
So in order of scummyness I have:

TN
Emerald
unabletable
Xay
ILF
reinoe
Kali
Nacho
vettrock
vettrock
Mafia Scum
vettrock
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Sun May 18, 2014 5:02 pm

Post by vettrock »

Also Xay what is PoE?
loofah
loofah
Townie
loofah
Townie
Townie

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Sun May 18, 2014 5:19 pm

Post by loofah »

Hi guys I just replaced in.
I Love Fairies
I Love Fairies
Goon
I Love Fairies
Goon
Goon

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Sun May 18, 2014 5:30 pm

Post by I Love Fairies »

Ehhh, I'm doubting that Rei replacing out was a town thing to do. He could have just been frustrated scum who wanted out but didn't want to leave in a horrible position for a replacement to deal with. I'm not saying that's true, but I'm also not saying that Rei replacing out townish. I think it's not something we can really look into.

Maybe I'm wrong. Someone care to explain to me why they think Rei replacing out was so towny?
vettrock
vettrock
Mafia Scum
vettrock
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Sun May 18, 2014 6:25 pm

Post by vettrock »

In post 417, I Love Fairies wrote:Ehhh, I'm doubting that Rei replacing out was a town thing to do. He could have just been frustrated scum who wanted out but didn't want to leave in a horrible position for a replacement to deal with. I'm not saying that's true, but I'm also not saying that Rei replacing out townish. I think it's not something we can really look into.

Maybe I'm wrong. Someone care to explain to me why they think Rei replacing out was so towny?
My town read of reinoe was more from right before that. To me, he was pushing way to hard for scum to have my lynched. When I would flip town, that would draw too much attention on his if he was really scummy. Most scum tend of be a little more subtle, although I'm not sure now much of that is personality vs alignment, but that is how I viewed it as a gut reaction.
Xayzeck
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Sun May 18, 2014 8:07 pm

Post by Xayzeck »

In post 415, vettrock wrote:Also Xay what is PoE?
Process of elimination
GMT+8
Xayzeck
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Mon May 19, 2014 3:18 am

Post by Xayzeck »

time is running out guys

wagons right now:
tn
vett
rein
emerald

i think tn is town, I think vett is town

and eh, I'm not sure how much support rein is gonna get, especially with the replacing out thing argh I really don't know how to sort this slot

anyway I'm down with either rein or emerald, among the current wagons. I'm staying on rein for now
GMT+8
I Love Fairies
I Love Fairies
Goon
I Love Fairies
Goon
Goon

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Mon May 19, 2014 6:39 am

Post by I Love Fairies »

Well, you already have my decision, it's unlikely that I will move from Emerald unless we really can't get a lynch off before Day ends.
vettrock
vettrock
Mafia Scum
vettrock
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Mon May 19, 2014 6:58 am

Post by vettrock »

In post 420, Xayzeck wrote:time is running out guys

wagons right now:
tn
vett
rein
emerald

i think tn is town, I think vett is town

and eh, I'm not sure how much support rein is gonna get, especially with the replacing out thing argh I really don't know how to sort this slot

anyway I'm down with either rein or emerald, among the current wagons. I'm staying on rein for now
I am willing to change to emerald if it will get us a D1 Lynch. I don't think we should go loof(rein's replacement), and of course, I'm not willing to for the Vettrock wagon.
tn5421
tn5421
he/him
Mafia Scum
tn5421
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Mon May 19, 2014 8:33 am

Post by tn5421 »

Very well, its not like Emerald isn't on my scumlist.

VOTE: emeraldemon
WIP
Kalikantzaros
Kalikantzaros
Townie
Kalikantzaros
Townie
Townie

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Mon May 19, 2014 9:24 am

Post by Kalikantzaros »

UNVOTE: Loofah

If ILF is correct about Emerald, I do agree with her. However, there's the matter of whether Emerald actually noticed that the deadline was extended. And the fact that he has at least twice said that he finds Reinoe scummier than Tn, and that he's only on the Tn wagon due to the time constraint makes me think that either he's Reinoe/Loofah's scumpartner and is trying to appear town by pointing out his partner's weakness, while still contributing in the lynch of a town, or is actually innocent. I am inclined towards the latter possibility. However, as Reinoe has replaced out and it seems that people want to keep that slot...if Emerald is lynched and flips scum, I think that pretty much clears Tn and ILF up, and the suspicion regarding the Reinoe/Loofah slot remains. If Emerald flips town, I would be very, *very* suspicious of ILF, as I don't even exactly agree that it's a direct scumtell.

I personally don't think the replace-out by Reinoe was alignment indicative, and thus agree with ILF on that point.

While I would've preferred a Reinoe/Loofah slot lynch, I discovered that there might be more to learn from an Emerald lynch while writing my first paragraph, so it might not be as bad as I had initially thought.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”