(1) CrashTextDummie
penguin_alien
(1) Justin Playfair
CrashTextDummie
(1) talah

Not Voting
(1) zMuffinMan 

With 11 Alive, 6 vote are required to lynch
Deadline: Sunday, June 8, 2014, at 10:30 PM EDT (UTC-4), which is in (expired on 2014-06-08 22:30:35)
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
beastcharizard
beastcharizard
Mafia Scum
beastcharizard
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #676 (ISO) » Fri Jun 06, 2014 5:46 pm

Post by beastcharizard »

In post 671, zMuffinMan wrote:i think PA is scum

possibly also seeempty. i am not sure if science has advanced to the point we have robots capable of playing mafia, but if we do, i could swear seempty is one of them

What do you think of Talah?

Muffing has taken over the BE slot wonderfully and is being very town.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #677 (ISO) » Fri Jun 06, 2014 5:53 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

town

i'm guessing you disagree
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #678 (ISO) » Fri Jun 06, 2014 5:56 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

(also don't really think i've posted enough that anyone would think i'm "very town" yet)
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
beastcharizard
beastcharizard
Mafia Scum
beastcharizard
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #679 (ISO) » Fri Jun 06, 2014 6:21 pm

Post by beastcharizard »

Your entrance so far is very town. I didn't say you slot is very town. There is a huge difference. I scum read your slot before it was replaced. You have probably brought it to a better standing with what you have done.

And yes I strongly disagree. If you aren't finished yet then I will let you keep reading and find out Talah is scum for yourself.
Katengecchi
Katengecchi
Townie
Katengecchi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #680 (ISO) » Fri Jun 06, 2014 6:29 pm

Post by Katengecchi »

Unvote
Vote: SeeEmpty

I like what zMuffinMan has so far and would rather not lynch him right now.
@zMM,
why is penguin scum?

-Koromo
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #681 (ISO) » Fri Jun 06, 2014 6:49 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

short answer: i don't see town in her posts. her posts D1 had this sort of coasty-go-with-the-flow feel about them where it didn't really feel like she was trying to find scum so much as just calling people scum and making the evidence fit the mold

long answer after i read D2 (prob won't be until around 6 hours from now). i might break down PA's ISO and explain it in depth, actually.
Katengecchi
Katengecchi
Townie
Katengecchi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #682 (ISO) » Fri Jun 06, 2014 6:57 pm

Post by Katengecchi »

In post 650, talah wrote:Actually he does have at least one other completed game, as I played in it with him under an alt.
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=36653
(actually not sure if we were in it at the same time but I read along after I died and have roughly the same read on him now as I did then. which is 'no fucking idea')

I'm with Justin here. Burning flips town, Crash can go down in flames.

@Mod: V/LA until end 8th June

I'll check back before deadline, though.
BE's replace out is def alignment neutral given this evidence. I definitely know the feeling of not having enough time for a game and everyone getting paranoid as fuck over it and given it happened to him before I think there's a greater chance it's what happened here (although that doesn't necessarily mean he's town).
In post 653, Paschendale wrote:You were certainly doing it differently, attempting to discredit me as a player, rather than simply attacking a single theory. The difference is that you attempted to discount future theories that I had not yet made. It came across as very personal very quickly, which is why I naturally thought that your Saki was the real Saki, as we tend not to get along. Your attacks were not simply to better scumhunt, but to try to nullify my credibility. That is anti-town.
Of course it's not impossible for us to work together. By doing so, you would have the opportunity to change my mind. But you squandered that opportunity. A defeatist attitude that you could never get me to trust you definitely seems like a scum thought to me. Scum tend to view people as allies and enemies, while town wants to enlist everyone they possibly can in pursuit of their target.
My time for mafia is limited. I have more productive things to do than continuously argue with you when it's a huge distraction from finding scum. This is even more so the case when we seem to disagree on every single thing, as I don't see how us working this out is beneficial at all to us finding scum, and it would take a shitton of effort to do so.

Just as an example of this, you did the same thing I accused penguin of doing. I do not feel you're trying to understand the motivation behind our posts and instead you try to fit our play to fit a theory of all town or scum should play, which, again, I disagree with on a fundamental level (IME, defeatism comes from town a lot). Plus, given it is a general theory, I wouldn't expect you to change your mind on it. Are you really that surprised I didn't want to jump through all the hoops to resolve all this?

I figure it's a better and more productive use of both of our time and energy to agree to disagree and move on.
This is not very compelling. It's a pretty passionless argument.
It's not supposed to be? I just said I don't think penguin is scum anymore.
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #683 (ISO) » Fri Jun 06, 2014 6:58 pm

Post by Desperado »

In post 672, zMuffinMan wrote:maybe. though given his mass replacing out, i'd say it's fair obvious some outside circumstances of sorts were affecting his play
He didn't replace out of every game--that's why it's not totally alignment neutral.

PA is scum and I will support that wagon also. The last one is somewhere in {beast, SeeEmpty, talah, Finglove}.
;)
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #684 (ISO) » Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:00 pm

Post by Desperado »

If Muffin is town then the scum team is likely something like {Penguin, SeeEmpty, Finglove}. Finglove in particular looks really bad there.
;)
Katengecchi
Katengecchi
Townie
Katengecchi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #685 (ISO) » Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:00 pm

Post by Katengecchi »

In post 681, zMuffinMan wrote:short answer: i don't see town in her posts. her posts D1 had this sort of coasty-go-with-the-flow feel about them where
it didn't really feel like she was trying to find scum so much as just calling people scum and making the evidence fit the mold

long answer after i read D2 (prob won't be until around 6 hours from now). i might break down PA's ISO and explain it in depth, actually.
Def agree with this and it was part of why I thought she was scum - I'd like to hear your thoughts after you're caught up

-Koromo
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #686 (ISO) » Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:03 pm

Post by Desperado »

@ Katen: thoughts on Finglove d2?
;)
Katengecchi
Katengecchi
Townie
Katengecchi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #687 (ISO) » Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:15 pm

Post by Katengecchi »

While we're reads listing:

Town: Pasch, beast, talah, Finglove, CTD, <gap> penguin_alien, zMuffinMan

{Justin Playfair, Desperado, See Empty}

^My reads, Saki is VLA for 4 days. We're long overdue a sync....

In post 686, Desperado wrote:@ Katen: thoughts on Finglove d2?
I'm pretty sure he was the main person who was pushing the angle we were being set up which was genuinely town motivated. Besides that, I still think his D1 play was town and I'm going with that.

Why is penguin scum? I can't find it anywhere. Also, do you think Finglove was bussing penguin?

-Koromo
Katengecchi
Katengecchi
Townie
Katengecchi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #688 (ISO) » Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:20 pm

Post by Katengecchi »

Actually, what the fuck.

Finglove was the first one who stepped back and thought about why scum killed tn. You seem to agree with him, yet now you're scumreading him? If Finglove was scum, wouldn't him doing that be a direct contradiction?

-Koromo
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #689 (ISO) » Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:25 pm

Post by Desperado »

In post 687, Katengecchi wrote:I'm pretty sure he was the main person who was pushing the angle we were being set up which was genuinely town motivated. Besides that, I still think his D1 play was town and I'm going with that.
Pasch brought it up first and I've been pushing it just as hard/consistently if not moreso. I actually would say Finglove is buddying me over it. Why is him pushing that angle genuinely town motivated but I'm a scumread?

PA is scum because she's been floating all game and you being town meant one of my townleans was wrong. As for SeeEmpty, that's something I'll consider should penguin flip scum.

PEdit: No he wasn't.
In post 453, Finglove wrote:
In post 451, Burning_Earth wrote:Also, sorry I didn't stop the NL :(
Is that a claim, or did I miss something?

Can we stop and think about the night kill for a moment? It seems odd to me. Given there was a reasonable chance we'd lynch tn today, why leave the innocent child alive? It's possible the tracker would track scum, but would we have believed him?
In post 455, Paschendale wrote:That DOES seal it. Scum knows that. They killed TN and not me. To me, the plan looks really obvious. Night kill TN, get Katen quicklynched, and then night kill me. 4 dead townies and not a whole lot of discussion.
In post 458, Desperado wrote:
In post 455, Paschendale wrote:That DOES seal it. Scum knows that. They killed TN and not me. To me, the plan looks really obvious. Night kill TN, get Katen quicklynched, and then night kill me. 4 dead townies and not a whole lot of discussion.
I agree with this, I'm not interested in entertaining the WIFOM of katen-scum pulling this gambit off, and it means I need to do a hard reset that I do not have time for today or tomorrow.
In post 485, Finglove wrote:
In post 483, Burning_Earth wrote:@justin: Gooncops are so unreliable. Like guilties are cool but they aren't likely to happen and innocents don't mean anything.
A goon cop can't detect a traitor, is that how they play? An innocent read is still pretty powerful then - there's a chance the traitor was recruited, and Bayes says an innocent read is much more likely to be town than traitor.
In post 495, Finglove wrote:
In post 462, Burning_Earth wrote: Also, katenscum probs killed tn because HE WAS A POWERFUL PR
I've been thinking about this more. I don't think tracker is a powerful role in this game. There are three mafia, and up to three town prs other than yourself and the innocent child. So in the best case scenario, in which there are no other active ability town PRs, you have a 1/10 chance of tracking a mafia on a kill, and otherwise you get a near-null result. In the worst case scenario, there are three other good town prs moving around to confuse things, and a Mafia Rolecop who doesn't kill people. In short, were I mafia, I would not be scared of the tracker over a confirmed innocent child who can help direct town efforts during the day.

So why did scum choose a worse outcome? If Katen were scum, I don't see what they gain from killing tn: I think we were more likely to lynch tn today anyway, so they'd have until D3 before worrying. The mostly likely set up to me is that

1) Neither Katen nor tn were (are) scum
2) Scum were carefully split between the two wagons and couldn't jump at a late stage for fear of looking scummy
3) They want us to lynch Katen and will then kill the IC overnight.

...and therefore I'm not up for a Katen lynch today, unless someone can find some flaws in my logic. In the next 24 hours or so I'll do a full read of pa and burning, as they seem a bit keen for a Katen lynch.
;)
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #690 (ISO) » Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:28 pm

Post by Desperado »

Fing opens up NK discussion but doesn't lead with any read or conclusion, just speculation. Pasch brings it up first, I agree with it, Fing talks about some other setup spec first and then comes in with his hard katen-town. He even says he's agreeing with me. That's what I was talking about with the buddying.
;)
SeeEmpty
SeeEmpty
He/Him
Goon
SeeEmpty
He/Him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #691 (ISO) » Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:37 pm

Post by SeeEmpty »

In post 662, CrashTextDummie wrote:I would have made the same argument if you had expressed willingnes to lynch PA.
Which wagon I'm on has absolutely nothing to do with my issue. What I said is exactly what I get from reading your post.

To me you're all "I'm right, you're wrong. So do what I do." I never play with you before so I don't know how true is that, but I do have my own reads and decisions, and they don't agree with yours. And after your tn read yesterday, and how you're reading me, there is no way you can convince me with any of your reads.

PEdit:
I see Katen's wagon dies down again. If Katen is really scum I'd say good job scum team. You guys did it again.
In post 672, zMuffinMan wrote:but *shrug* unless you're suggesting i'm scum with katengecchi, it's pretty obvious there's no scum motivation for him doing what he did
I don't see why that can't be the case.

zMuffinMan's play so far is ok but that's not alignment indicative. Will wait for more from him.

Will need some re-read. A bit tired now.
Katengecchi
Katengecchi
Townie
Katengecchi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #692 (ISO) » Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:40 pm

Post by Katengecchi »

You're a POE read. ATM, Empty is the only actual scumread I have.

I remember Finglove pushing it really hard and that series of quotes is basically what I said, he was the first one who made that step back. Then he made that big post which traced his thought process in a transparent way and I got the impression from that post he was legitimately thinking through it. I know you were pushing it but I don't remember you really making any huge waves over it.

I'm pretty sure that was him agreeing with you over Burning_Earth. Regardless, it doesn't change the fact scum Finglove aiming to capitalize on the tn kill wouldn't open like that.

-Koromo
penguin_alien
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #693 (ISO) » Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:42 pm

Post by penguin_alien »

At this point I'd vote Finglove if Muffin keeps being townish. Scum can get weird about their own NKs.
Katengecchi
Katengecchi
Townie
Katengecchi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #694 (ISO) » Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:42 pm

Post by Katengecchi »

In post 692, Katengecchi wrote:I'm pretty sure that was him agreeing with you over Burning_Earth.
+as opposed to the entire theory of us being set up.

-Koromo
Katengecchi
Katengecchi
Townie
Katengecchi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #695 (ISO) » Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:44 pm

Post by Katengecchi »

In post 693, penguin_alien wrote:At this point I'd vote Finglove if Muffin keeps being townish. Scum can get weird about their own NKs.
What's your read on Empty?

-Koromo
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #696 (ISO) » Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:47 pm

Post by Desperado »

In post 692, Katengecchi wrote:I'm pretty sure that was him agreeing with you over Burning_Earth. Regardless, it doesn't change the fact scum Finglove aiming to capitalize on the tn kill wouldn't open like that.
You're right, he'd be deliberately positioning himself against it (but only after the IC and another townie said it first).
;)
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #697 (ISO) » Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:47 pm

Post by Desperado »

In post 694, Katengecchi wrote:
In post 692, Katengecchi wrote:I'm pretty sure that was him agreeing with you over Burning_Earth.
+as opposed to the entire theory of us being set up.

-Koromo
Pretty sure you're wrong but this is just semantics.
;)
penguin_alien
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #698 (ISO) » Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:50 pm

Post by penguin_alien »

In post 695, Katengecchi wrote:
In post 693, penguin_alien wrote:At this point I'd vote Finglove if Muffin keeps being townish. Scum can get weird about their own NKs.
What's your read on Empty?

-Koromo
I had him as town. I think I liked his style.
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #699 (ISO) » Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:18 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

page bump
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.

Return to “Completed Open Games”