Post Post #875 (ISO) » Sat May 05, 2007 11:09 am

Post by Phoebus »

Vote count:

1 bird1111 (theopor_COD)
2 Battle Mage (Akbar, IH)
1 DrippingGoofball (Shanba)
1 Mastermind of Sin (Raffles)
2 PBuG (Battle Mage, Dripping Goofball)
6 Raffles (Fuldu, Kison, Mastermind of Sin, Mr. Flay, PBuG, spectrumvoid)

Not voting: 6

10 to lynch
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #876 (ISO) » Sun May 06, 2007 12:16 pm

Post by DrippingGoofball »

^^^^^^

The vote count that killed the game.

RIP Mafia v. Wolves Redux Day 2
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #877 (ISO) » Sun May 06, 2007 1:29 pm

Post by Kison »

????
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #878 (ISO) » Sun May 06, 2007 2:49 pm

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

LoL, because no one posted after it for 24 hours.
Permanent V/LA.
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #879 (ISO) » Sun May 06, 2007 8:44 pm

Post by theopor_COD »

Some people certainly need to show some participation.

N9V pls answer my question when you can, kthx.
Phoebus
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Hall Monitor

Post Post #880 (ISO) » Sun May 06, 2007 10:13 pm

Post by Phoebus »

Deadline 1: 1700 GMT Friday May 18
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #881 (ISO) » Mon May 07, 2007 2:27 am

A deadline lynch featuring a single contender means we'll almost certainly be unable to derive any conclusions from today, if Raffles turns up town.

I think a good strategy would be for people to vote for other players, such as BM or PBug, to give us a chance at a 3-way race, so that we can discuss today's vote shifts tomorrow.

All 3 of BM, PBug and Raffles may be town, we'll still learn nothing, but we have a greater chance at an informative Day 1 with a 2 or 3-way race.

Is this a workable plan?
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #882 (ISO) » Mon May 07, 2007 2:32 am

Post by Battle Mage »

bah, i dont like the part about BM getting lynched, but i DO like the part about PBug getting lynched. its workable-IF we can get enough activity. :P
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #883 (ISO) » Mon May 07, 2007 2:44 am

We have 11 days. That's plenty of time.

And BM, or any other townie that might walk to the guillotine, please try to make your own death informative.

Post a lot of good analysis, challenge players, be explicit about who you suspect and why, etc.

Raffles
Raffles
Mafia Zcum
Raffles
Mafia Zcum
Mafia Zcum

Post Post #884 (ISO) » Mon May 07, 2007 5:11 am

Post by Raffles »

I think I made enough... it sort of boiled down to whether you take my word as it is or not.
Woof!
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #885 (ISO) » Mon May 07, 2007 5:50 am

Raffles, please write up a list of who you suspect, and why, at this moment. That would be splendid.

Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #886 (ISO) » Mon May 07, 2007 7:45 am

Post by Kison »

Is this some kind of slick attempt of yours, DGB, to break the Raffles wagon? I don't see much of a reason to go for the other two of your candidates. In fact, you are second on my list, just based on earlier developments, but even you are a weak case.
Raffles
Raffles
Mafia Zcum
Raffles
Mafia Zcum
Mafia Zcum

Post Post #887 (ISO) » Mon May 07, 2007 7:57 am

Post by Raffles »

To be honest, I don't have much read on anyone. I suspect lurkers for obvious reasons. But suppose I was a dayvig, I have no one that I think needs to be killed at this instance.

All scum would shut up now, since now that I will die on deadline just by being left alone anyway. So trying to read on whoever participating heavily at the moment is useless. Unless some townies unvote me to put me in the "no lynch" zone, I don't think a scum would risk popping their head out. It's the exact pattern that was exhibited with OTU, not much to go on in the day, shit deadline is approaching, lets lynch whoever is easiest. I'm not the right person to ask, ask those people who is doing just enough to keep off the radar. Force them to speak. I think that's a place to start.
Woof!
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #888 (ISO) » Mon May 07, 2007 8:12 am

Kison wrote:I don't see much of a reason to go for the other two of your candidates.
You're right. Not much of a reason, I agree. Is that some slick attempt of yours to try to derail my attempts to find scum? If the other two candidates are weak, perhaps you would be an interesting alternative. Thanks for showing up and signalling your interest for the job.

See Raffles? We already have an interesting reaction from Kison. Let's shake before we bake.

unvote, vote: Kison

Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #889 (ISO) » Mon May 07, 2007 8:33 am

Post by Kison »

DrippingGoofball wrote:Is that some slick attempt of yours to try to derail my attempts to find scum?
Let's see, here. We have Raffles, and two others who you have just admitted hold a much weaker case. We have a deadline, and therefore a limit to how much time we can spend looking, much less throwing votes around
without any reason
. You can find scum without going about it in the way you so hastily proposed. So, no, it's not an attempt to derail your "attempts" at finding scum.
DrippingGoofball wrote:If the other two candidates are weak, perhaps you would be an interesting alternative.
So you're still trying to cut Raffles' votes, but with a different target? Lovely.
DrippingGoofball wrote:You're right. Not much of a reason, I agree.
DrippingGoofball wrote:We already have an interesting reaction from Kison.
Ironically, you agree with my reaction and are still trying to use it against me.
Phoebus
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Hall Monitor

Post Post #890 (ISO) » Mon May 07, 2007 8:46 am

Post by Phoebus »

mneme shall replace Albert Rampage who replaced Scarecrow
Your happiness is intertwined with your outlook on life.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #891 (ISO) » Mon May 07, 2007 9:30 am

Post by Battle Mage »

to be fair, Kison scum would never miss out on an opportunity to lynch me. The fact that he recognises the lack of logic in those wagons is to his credit...
On another note, i dont think todays lynch is restricted to 3 candidates-2 of whom are on 2 votes...
It would be significantly easier to lynch someone on 0 votes but who looks as scummy as hell, than to force a lynch on an obviously protown player with 2 votes.
Shanba, could you please explain your vote on DrippingGoofBall?

DrippingGoofball wrote:
Kison wrote:I don't see much of a reason to go for the other two of your candidates.
You're right. Not much of a reason, I agree. Is that some slick attempt of yours to try to derail my attempts to find scum? If the other two candidates are weak, perhaps you would be an interesting alternative. Thanks for showing up and signalling your interest for the job.

See Raffles? We already have an interesting reaction from Kison. Let's shake before we bake.

unvote, vote: Kison
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #892 (ISO) » Mon May 07, 2007 10:03 am

Battle Mage wrote:to be fair, Kison scum would never miss out on an opportunity to lynch me.
Perhaps. But then again, if he's scum, he has Raffles as a "justified" target for today. See, Flay has a clever case against Raffles, which is a convenient reason for the scum to hop on the wagon. Who can blame them, right? But if there is a scum amongst the contenders in the race to the deadline, they will try to re-focus on Raffles, etc.

Raffles
Raffles
Mafia Zcum
Raffles
Mafia Zcum
Mafia Zcum

Post Post #893 (ISO) » Mon May 07, 2007 10:09 am

Post by Raffles »

Oh alright then, if you want to know, I have slight suspicion on Pbug.

He has so far accused both OTU and I for same reason. The lurkishness. I've been noticing it's hypocritical nature because when you isolate his posts, his posts really lacks in content. Indeed the only post of anything meaningful he made has been a one against me.
PBug wrote:As individual players, regardless of the game's flow, Raffles has been exceptionally scummy through this entire game. He brilliantly distracted with the argument abou XReyoX's noobishness on Day 1, which became oh so much longer than it ever needed to be.
I don't see any of that, that was merely a random voting stage banter.
When the discussion is not going his way, he attempts the change the subject. When things still don't go his way, he quotes his post in which he attempts to change the subject several times, bolding and enlarging various parts of it, using sledgehammer and wrecking ball analogies along the way.
If you are talking about you guy's loaded questions of "but you are lying aren't you", then yes. I might have got a little irate.
Then a metagame post, making assumptions about the number of scum, not at all considering the balance of the game in terms of pro-town power roles.
What's people's problem with metagaming? I don't see anyone else complaining about me trying to guess what the set up of this game maybe, that was the whole thing with ESE, remember? People speculating if there could be a cult involved? Now how unbalanced is that, 2 scum groups and a cult. I don't see people bitching about that.
He actively lurks when he isn't acting out,
Speak for yourself.
his vote on OTU floating along unnoticed without any ascertainable reasoning.
There was a reasoning, you just refused to take it in.
Oh so often he appears to post because he can.
Yes I post because I can. I also post in vein to try to help the town win. Problems? Maybe you'd prefer me to shut up and lurk so you can lurk with me.
Once he actually posts reasoning, there is the giant hypocrisy of 'I can't really extract any useful contribution to the town from him, despite the number of posts he may have made more than most.'
Well it's true isn't it? At least my posts are somewhat more fruitiful than yours.
His vote does come off next post, I'll give him that. He gets stuck on ESE for a little while. Then a very long period of no real contribution. He does make the stunning point against MoS that despite the long stall on OTU's wagon, OTu was town. Now some bickering with MoS. His more recent actions have content, but only because he's arguing against a particular player.
Long period of no post... oh look maybe you missed this?

As of Apr 8
Okay I'm going to have a restricted access starting immediate until 16th. I may or may not be able to post once a day. I hope you don't find a need to replace me.
If I die, I'll prove to you for second time the stalling votes are some good indication of someone not worth a lynch. And a good chance of being a town at that.
Woof!
mneme
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
emneme mneme mninie mno

Post Post #894 (ISO) » Mon May 07, 2007 10:33 am

Post by mneme »

Heyo. I actually read the thread (through page 34) last week, though it's faded a bit, two things stand out most: the scuminess of dgb and raffles (that's two things).

I don't see any reason not to
vote: Raflfes

Though...36 pages for two days of posts, and this little content?
Did I say too much?
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #895 (ISO) » Mon May 07, 2007 10:33 am

Post by Kison »

DrippingGoofball wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:to be fair, Kison scum would never miss out on an opportunity to lynch me.
Perhaps. But then again, if he's scum, he has Raffles as a "justified" target for today. See, Flay has a clever case against Raffles, which is a convenient reason for the scum to hop on the wagon. Who can blame them, right? But if there is a scum amongst the contenders in the race to the deadline, they will try to re-focus on Raffles, etc.
Justified? Maybe. I'm not feeling all too optimistic about the outcome from this, but guess what? It's the closest we've got, and there's a deadline. Now, I support any scum-hunting, obviously, but I don't support the way you were trying to go about it, because it'd ultimately lead to the breaking of a wagon on what is the most leading case presented so far today. I guess it's good it has provided something to talk about, however.
Raffles
Raffles
Mafia Zcum
Raffles
Mafia Zcum
Mafia Zcum

Post Post #896 (ISO) » Mon May 07, 2007 10:44 am

Post by Raffles »

People are sorry bastads.

"Oh no there's a deadline! We must work with a deadline to lynch someone!"

How about not getting deadline imposed in the first place?

Anyone see a deja vu with OTU, or is it just me?
Woof!
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #897 (ISO) » Mon May 07, 2007 11:13 am

DGB's strategy stinks. If DGB was really interested in finding scum, she would suggest that people look to MORE than just BM, PBuG, and Raffles, so that we can get information on everyone. Her vote on Kison is just an opportunistic jump to the first person to oppose her ridiculous plan. There is no reason to spread votes around unless there is equally good logic for all the candidates being wagoned, and the logic against Raffles is far better than the weak suspicions on the other two. As it is, if I were to be convinced that Raffles was not the play today, I would probably switch my vote to DGB as a competing wagon. The chances that I will find time to go through and look at other players and analyze them by deadline are slim, considering this is finals week for me.
Permanent V/LA.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #898 (ISO) » Mon May 07, 2007 1:35 pm

Mastermind of Sin wrote:DGB's strategy stinks.
Please suggest a better alternative. I am very eager to follow your strategy. I notice that you forgot to say what your better strategy is in your post. It's probably an involuntary omission. I can't imagine why you'd say my strategy stinks without having a better plan ready for the town's examination and execution.

Please rectify the situation and guide us all to a better way to find scum.

You have our undivided attention. We're listening.

Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #899 (ISO) » Mon May 07, 2007 1:53 pm

Mastermind of Sin wrote:DGB's strategy stinks.
If DGB was really interested in finding scum, she would suggest that people look to MORE than just BM, PBuG, and Raffles, so that we can get information on everyone.
Her vote on Kison is just an opportunistic jump to the first person to oppose her ridiculous plan. There is no reason to spread votes around unless there is equally good logic for all the candidates being wagoned, and the logic against Raffles is far better than the weak suspicions on the other two. As it is, if I were to be convinced that Raffles was not the play today, I would probably switch my vote to DGB as a competing wagon. The chances that I will find time to go through and look at other players and analyze them by deadline are slim, considering this is finals week for me.
Bolded for emphasis. Nice try at making me look bad, DGB, but I already said it.
Permanent V/LA.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”