Yulia Jue
Goon
Yulia Jue
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7575 (ISO) » Tue May 20, 2014 2:16 pm

Post by Yulia Jue »

Votecount 4-7

With 11 players alive, it will take 6 votes to lynch or no lynch.

Red Gyarados (1): Breakfast With Stalin
Penguin_Alien (1): magenta_thegreat
magenta_thegreat (1): AngryPidgeon
CarbonFiber (2): Penguin_Alien, The Fox and the Hound
Titan (1): Red Gyarados
The Fox and the Hound (2): CarbonFiber, Just Sheep Us,
Nachomamma8 (2): Titan, PeregrineV

Not Voting (1): Nachomamma8

Mod Note: None at the moment

Deadline is set at 12 days: (expired on 2014-05-25 04:32:54)
Last edited by Yulia Jue on Tue May 20, 2014 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Titan
Titan
Mafia Scum
Titan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7576 (ISO) » Tue May 20, 2014 2:16 pm

Post by Titan »

In post 7559, CarbonFiber wrote:@ Tammy, I didn't read the Gundam Seed game because I was lazy. I don't think my play in this game has been good by any stretch of the imagination. I felt tuned out of this game and at the point of just giving up. I partly gave up playing this game because no matter what, it is just not getting any better. I am really, really sad to see you discouraged from playing this game, more so because I know I contributed to it, not just at the beginning of D1 but by just being prickly and irritated for most of the game. Everything I've tried this game ended up failing massively. I tried testing PV to see if anything comes out, and it just resulted in more paranoia everywhere. I tried to develop reactions from people after you said you were going to head out for your graduation thing but that turned out badly as well.

I genuinely didn't feel like putting effort into this game anymore but if you really think I can help make more sense of this game by giving you my thoughts on DV's meta, I'll do it.
I'm not trying to make anyone feel bad. I'm going to do what I can, I just can't deal with this game.
Half troll/Half wall.

I'm (Arthur) the wall. Don't let Tammy fool you. She trolls you w/o you even knowing! It's like you're in a constant state on mindfuck. RUN WHILE YOU CAN.
Titan
Titan
Mafia Scum
Titan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7577 (ISO) » Tue May 20, 2014 2:20 pm

Post by Titan »

In post 7573, CarbonFiber wrote:I'm not really sure what to say to that.

Can you explain where I am going wrong on them?
I think that my reads list in which I think everyone is some sort of scum is indicative that I don't even know if you are wrong on them. I feel like you are, but I don't know. You post a post of theirs that isn't even inflammatory or anything but yet overlook how 90% of P5's posts to me and about me are inflammatory and full of rhetoric. He literally used that because I don't have a record of getting lynched a lot as scum, ignoring the context of everything, as reason I should be lynched in this game. Yet your lockstep group is kissing his ass.

So, for me I see a mental disconnect, I can't see where you're coming from, and it looks like rhetoric from you to me.

You might be town, they might be scum, but you're not convincing me. And I really just don't care enough about this game anymore to go back through and analyze it.
Half troll/Half wall.

I'm (Arthur) the wall. Don't let Tammy fool you. She trolls you w/o you even knowing! It's like you're in a constant state on mindfuck. RUN WHILE YOU CAN.
Titan
Titan
Mafia Scum
Titan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7578 (ISO) » Tue May 20, 2014 2:24 pm

Post by Titan »

Also, I still don't get why you did a whole big work up on me as scum while town reading me. That pretty much defeats the purpose and has nothing to do with this game, when you could have been metaing someone you think is town or you think is scum, you wasted your time pulling up my scum games? Then you say that you're lazy.

I dont' know. I just don't get you at all this game.
Half troll/Half wall.

CarbonFiber
CarbonFiber
Mafia Scum
CarbonFiber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7579 (ISO) » Tue May 20, 2014 2:26 pm

Post by CarbonFiber »

Regarding your scum games, I didn't do it when we were having our discussion. It happened much, much earlier, a long while ago. I simply pulled up that list as an explanation for why JSU may have been paranoid because your scumgame is not bad at all.
The Fox and the Hound
The Fox and the Hound
Goon
The Fox and the Hound
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7580 (ISO) » Tue May 20, 2014 2:26 pm

Post by The Fox and the Hound »

Tammy, stop giving up :(

We need you
CarbonFiber
CarbonFiber
Mafia Scum
CarbonFiber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7581 (ISO) » Tue May 20, 2014 2:34 pm

Post by CarbonFiber »

Tammy, PV's scumread of you is dumb, dumb, dumb.
Titan
Titan
Mafia Scum
Titan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7582 (ISO) » Tue May 20, 2014 2:37 pm

Post by Titan »

I'm not "giving up" necessarily; I just really need to disengage somewhat. Who knows, maybe I'll have some great insight? Probably not, but I have no mental energy to deal with mafia and the engagement I've had in the game. It hasn't done anything good really for the game, and I just literally don't have the capability to keep it up. Also, summer school is already more intensive than I thought it would be.

Anyway, later, I'm near passing out and I have other stuff to do.
Half troll/Half wall.

CarbonFiber
CarbonFiber
Mafia Scum
CarbonFiber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7583 (ISO) » Tue May 20, 2014 2:41 pm

Post by CarbonFiber »

In post 7577, Titan wrote:
In post 7573, CarbonFiber wrote:I'm not really sure what to say to that.

Can you explain where I am going wrong on them?
I think that my reads list in which I think everyone is some sort of scum is indicative that I don't even know if you are wrong on them. I feel like you are, but I don't know. You post a post of theirs that isn't even inflammatory or anything but yet overlook how 90% of P5's posts to me and about me are inflammatory and full of rhetoric. He literally used that because I don't have a record of getting lynched a lot as scum, ignoring the context of everything, as reason I should be lynched in this game. Yet your lockstep group is kissing his ass.

So, for me I see a mental disconnect, I can't see where you're coming from, and it looks like rhetoric from you to me.

You might be town, they might be scum, but you're not convincing me. And I really just don't care enough about this game anymore to go back through and analyze it.
This was
exactly
the problem I've had this game and probably why I was so paranoid before I came to my senses. You say Fox's posts make sense but all they've done is shoehorn a scumread on me - at least I feel that way. Same with AP whose suspicion of me makes literally zero sense. Penguin as well who should know better. In the post I quoted, she just willfully misrepresented what happened and no one besides Nacho has even bothered to point it out, townreading her even.

Yeah, PV's suspicion of you doesn't make sense. I get it. I've been telling him repeatedly how it doesn't make sense and how it is dumb. I don't think I've ignored it. Heck, I am not even sure he is town right now and I even have latent paranoia of him. I did try to leverage his townread on me telling him to trust me that you are town because he thinks I am town.

I guess I could have called him out on it every time he posted his crap read on you but I was fed up of the game as it is, had my hands full with dealing with AP, Fox, and Penguin, and trying to sort Nacho that I didn't know how much more effort I could put into telling PV that his scumread of you was incredibly, incredibly dumb. I just got more frustrated when you kept backing up all of them and saying that anything that anyone of them have posted in this game made any sense.

I do think that PV's posts towards you as well as AP's/Fox's/Penguin's posts towards me didn't make sense. I just had my hands full dealing with the latter three.
Titan
Titan
Mafia Scum
Titan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7584 (ISO) » Tue May 20, 2014 2:55 pm

Post by Titan »

You're interpreting a different meaning to what I'm saying.
Half troll/Half wall.

CarbonFiber
CarbonFiber
Mafia Scum
CarbonFiber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7585 (ISO) » Tue May 20, 2014 3:00 pm

Post by CarbonFiber »

Elaborate then. I feel like as long as I am missing your point, I can't get anywhere. But I feel like we can still salvage the game. It is something Nacho was saying in the neighborhood: when the game gets tough is where the real test comes in and he still believes that somehow, town can win this game and as tired as I am and as frustrated as I know you are, I think we can still win this.
Titan
Titan
Mafia Scum
Titan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7586 (ISO) » Tue May 20, 2014 3:04 pm

Post by Titan »

Who has frustrated me this game as a whole? Who hasn't? There should be a solid corollary there I think.

ANYWAY, I'm near passing out and have other stuff to do so anything else will have to wait.
Half troll/Half wall.

BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #7587 (ISO) » Tue May 20, 2014 3:05 pm

Post by BROseidon »

Dear Scum,

This game is stalling out, but you don't seem to be actually trying to win, instead hoping for town to collapse on itself. Please stop doing that and bus, as you're just wasting our time. I'm not gonna let this town collapse on itself, and your lack of action anywhere indicates that this is what you're counting on.

Best,
BROseidon
Just Sheep Us
Just Sheep Us
Goon
Just Sheep Us
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7588 (ISO) » Tue May 20, 2014 3:06 pm

Post by Just Sheep Us »

In post 7587, BROseidon wrote:
Dear Scum,

This game is stalling out, but you don't seem to be actually trying to win, instead hoping for town to collapse on itself. Please stop doing that and bus, as you're just wasting our time. I'm not gonna let this town collapse on itself, and your lack of action anywhere indicates that this is what you're counting on.

Best,
BROseidon
lolllllllllllllllllllll

Although that Dodger avi is much cooler than this piece of shit that I should go fix.
Just Sheep Us
Just Sheep Us
Goon
Just Sheep Us
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7589 (ISO) » Tue May 20, 2014 3:08 pm

Post by Just Sheep Us »

There, now the avi is less bad.
CarbonFiber
CarbonFiber
Mafia Scum
CarbonFiber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7590 (ISO) » Tue May 20, 2014 5:21 pm

Post by CarbonFiber »

I think the biggest problem this game is that people are being really apathetic about it. Especially considering the inactivity and barely anyone posting at this point. We really need to work on getting somewhere and achieving a lynch. I really don't care to wait till deadline and in fact, what exactly is the point of sitting around until deadline and voting then as opposed to now? We are not really having any productive discussion.
In post 7575, Yulia Jue wrote:
Votecount 4-7

With 11 players alive, it will take 6 votes to lynch or no lynch.

Red Gyarados (1): Breakfast With Stalin
Penguin_Alien (1): magenta_thegreat
magenta_thegreat (1): AngryPidgeon
CarbonFiber (2): Penguin_Alien, The Fox and the Hound
Titan (1): Red Gyarados
The Fox and the Hound (2): CarbonFiber, Just Sheep Us,
Nachomamma8 (2): Titan, PeregrineV

Not Voting (1): Nachomamma8

Mod Note: None at the moment

Deadline is set at 12 days: (expired on 2014-05-25 04:32:54)
Beli, Magenta, AP, RG, Nacho.

Deadline is coming soon. You are voting a wagon of one. Please move your vote and let's speed this game up.

Magenta
, I agree with you that Penguin is likely scum. But we don't have the support to lynch her today. Let's lynch FoxHound instead and get her tomorrow.

Beli
, join me in the FoxHound lynch. I am just not seeing NotScience as scum here and it is unlikely he will be lynched today. Look at all of Fox's posts and see that they are obvscum here and help me drive this lynch through. I need you right now, Beli. Let's turn this shit around and repeat PYP again.

AP
, I'd tell you to vote FoxHound but I'm pretty sure you'd rather have your dreamwagon (me). Do something. If you are town, now is a good chance to re-evaluate and lynch FoxHound. Surprise me.

RG
, Notty, you are doing a pretty damn good job of being obvtown. Now also help me lynch scum. You've played with me in Wicked, you know what my scumgame is like and you know for a fact that this is not fucking it. Help me drive this wagon through and turn this game around!

Nacho
, so you claimed that you thought FoxHound was scum. Back it up and vote them.
CarbonFiber
CarbonFiber
Mafia Scum
CarbonFiber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7591 (ISO) » Tue May 20, 2014 5:23 pm

Post by CarbonFiber »

FIGHT THROUGH THE APATHY PEOPLE. THIS IS A GAME THAT WE CAN STILL WIN NO MATTER WHAT.
CarbonFiber
CarbonFiber
Mafia Scum
CarbonFiber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7592 (ISO) » Tue May 20, 2014 5:28 pm

Post by CarbonFiber »

In post 7519, AngryPidgeon wrote:Im just sort of fading out again.

@BRO: Anyone in that list other than Penguin is fine with me I guess. I lean town on Fox and RG a little but Im probably wrong about one of them.

VOTE: magenta
Go with Fox then considering you are the only one voting Magenta.
CarbonFiber
CarbonFiber
Mafia Scum
CarbonFiber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7593 (ISO) » Tue May 20, 2014 5:57 pm

Post by CarbonFiber »

In post 6992, Breakfast With Sandy wrote:
In post 6857, CarbonFiber wrote:Beli, how are those townreads stale and not Nacho?
Nacho's push on Mastin pinged my towndar hard, but you and Fox haven't said anything that's given me any insight into your alignment lately.

Lots of words, words, words, but so little that's been helpful fmpov. Nothing, actually.

In your case, I had you in my townlist at least partially due to bias; after that JerryArr game, I really, really wanted you to be town so we could auto-win, and here we are one lynch away from xylo and zero scum down. Wish fulfilment reads don't make sense this close to endgame. Not when it's going to take a miracle or a genius to bring home a town win.
You know why I was scumreading Mastin as hard? Because a lot of his posts didn't make sense. It is obvious now and I should have seen it from a town POV but look at some of the posts I'll quote so you can hopefully understand why I pushed the hell out of his lynch:
CarbonFiber
CarbonFiber
Mafia Scum
CarbonFiber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7594 (ISO) » Tue May 20, 2014 6:10 pm

Post by CarbonFiber »

In post 548, MastinSSK wrote:
In post 441, Rancid Broderick Drake wrote:That post
it blows
^
This post (it is a longer post that I snipped out for the relevant part. Doesn't make any sense. Specifically, look at the part where he just agrees with Rancid without even thinking. He doesn't even know what he is agreeing with.

Go back and look at the post that Rancid said "blows." It is the one below:
In post 435, CarbonFiber wrote:I think
Mac
is town from a re-read of the thread. I like his initial engagement with the game and the way he meta-dived FourTrouble in Post while discussing the read with zMuffinman. I like his picking up on how FT is more aggressive as scum. I initially wondered why he didn't just wait for FT to make more posts but I can see the impatience from a town POV as well. Looking through how Mac discusses reads as scum, in Post 25 of Mini 1525, the first Tales game, he says thanks and puts it aside saying he will check the meta later. I also liked the actual difference he picked up regarding FT's opening tone. I usually read FT based on his openings so I think Mac is going about it in a productive way. ffery, do you agree with my assessment that Mac is playing more to his town meta. You played with him in the first Tales game and in AA:MFA when he was scum and town respectively.

My townread on
RedGyarados
is solidified after looking through his towngames to see that early and easy townreads are not features of his towngame and are at worst null. The rest of his play feels very transparently town.

Town (Strong -> Weak)
: Titan, Red Gyarados, Lord Business, The Fox and the Hound, Mac

Spoiler:
TOWN:
1 Titan (Tammy + Sir Arthur Dane)
2 Lord Business
3 The Fox and the Hound (cephrir and DV)
4 Red Gyarados (Brian Skies and notscience)
5 Mac

EVERYONE ELSE:
6 Kagura (borkjerfkin + nachomamma8)
7 Rancid Broderick Drake (zmuffinman and natirasha)
8 MastinSSK (Mastin2, MafiaSSK)
9 Breakfast With Stalin (Hydra of ffery and beli)
10 ElementalHawk (Prohawk+3dicerolling)
11 GuyInFreezer
12 Just Sheep Us (Broseidon and Desperado)
13 Cupcake Panda
14 PeregrineV
15 Clyton
16 orcinus_theoriginal

~ F-16
Basically updated reads and analysis. Nothing about it blows and it definitely made sense to Ffery and Bork. But for some reason, Rancid decided that the post "blows" and thought they'd leave it at that. They were literally trolling the game.

And then Mastin jumps in agreeing with the post.

I ask Mastin what about it he didn't like:
In post 1078, MastinSSK wrote:
In post 1077, CarbonFiber wrote:1) What didn't you like about my townread on Mac?
I don't remember?
And that's his response. It was like he wasn't even trying but was trying to create a narrative.

This held true for most of Mastin's posts. Whenever someone scumread the same person, he did, he would agree with it, encourage them, egg them on. Didn't give a shit about the actual reasoning and couldn't back it up when questioned. That's why I had a hardcore scumread on him. I was amazed he flipped town because I couldn't believe town posted like that... but MASTIN. I should have realized that it was his playstyle but I played with him before in two of his towngames and this wasn't the way she played. So, I scumread him. I rarely scumread someone this hard and been so horrendously wrong. I've been wrong plenty but not so certain and so wrong.

Hopefully that makes sense as to why my accuracy rate is so shit this game while it was so much better in JerryArr's game.

I don't normally play this and I don't normally tunnel the crap out of people and I am not normally as abrasive even if you look at any of my completed games, town or scum.

But yeah, if you expected me to be as good, then sorry to disappoint. You are not person I disappointed in this game. But you were quite sure that Mastin would flip scum too and hopefully this explains why I pushed that mislynch. It felt like Mastin/Rancid were trolling for the heck of it and trying to get a rise out of people for no reason at all.
CarbonFiber
CarbonFiber
Mafia Scum
CarbonFiber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7595 (ISO) » Tue May 20, 2014 6:13 pm

Post by CarbonFiber »

EDIT
*I don't normally play like this
** and you are not the only person I disappointed.
CarbonFiber
CarbonFiber
Mafia Scum
CarbonFiber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7596 (ISO) » Tue May 20, 2014 6:24 pm

Post by CarbonFiber »

In post 7512, Breakfast With Sandy wrote:
In post 7508, Just Sheep Us wrote:
Tammy, AP, F-16, Beli:

Do we have overlap anywhere in {penguin, magenta, foxhound, RG}? There should be someone in that group that all 5 of us have overlap on, and that's who we need to lynch today.
Yes. On RG and Fox/Hound, the former more than the latter.

Ffery trusted p_a and I'm sheeping that read for now due to how sure she sounded to me.

I still am bet-the-farm sure about townOrci.
Let's go with the latter and turn this game around.
penguin_alien
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7597 (ISO) » Tue May 20, 2014 6:26 pm

Post by penguin_alien »

F-16, I realize that at this point whatever I do you're either going to interpret it as scummy or playing to my town meta as scum because you're convinced I'm not town here. But seeing as Tammy's freaking out and I'm getting increasingly lost, can we try resetting?

I really don't get your push on Tammy if you're town. Explain it to me like I'm an idiot, please.

And explain to me why F&H is the lynch for today. Because all I see are walls and walls, and at the end of it I have no idea who's sincere and who's spamming up the thread.

I'm kind of hitting the wall here in terms of brainpower to figure this out, and I'm stressed and tired. Throw me a bone here.
CarbonFiber
CarbonFiber
Mafia Scum
CarbonFiber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7598 (ISO) » Tue May 20, 2014 6:34 pm

Post by CarbonFiber »

In post 7597, penguin_alien wrote:F-16, I realize that at this point whatever I do you're either going to interpret it as scummy or playing to my town meta as scum because you're convinced I'm not town here. But seeing as Tammy's freaking out and I'm getting increasingly lost, can we try resetting?

I really don't get your push on Tammy if you're town. Explain it to me like I'm an idiot, please.

And explain to me why F&H is the lynch for today. Because all I see are walls and walls, and at the end of it I have no idea who's sincere and who's spamming up the thread.

I'm kind of hitting the wall here in terms of brainpower to figure this out, and I'm stressed and tired. Throw me a bone here.
Okay, well I explained this a ton of times which is why I am surprised but okay, I'll do it again like you are five.

1) I was getting increasingly paranoid of PeregrineV. Like I didn't know how he was so certain that I was town. He never doubted my affiliation. I wanted to see how he would react if I interacted in a strange/off way with him.

2) I didn't want to push on him as I didn't believe it would net me a useful reaction. I figured he might OMGUS me regaedless of affiliation which is useless as far as alignment-indicative responses go. So, I buddied him instead and said that perfectly null posts were the epitome of towniness. He didn't react even a bit.

3) Tammy suspected me in the middle of this, voted me, and said she was about to head out. I knew others would be expecting me to react in some way so I just voted her to see what happens. It is not her reaction that I was looking for, I didn't even think she would be there. It was to see how others reacted, especially PV who was hard-scumreading Tammy. PV gave me no good reaction. I thought town-PV would be excited as fuck that me, his townread am voting him scumread Tammy. But nothing. That just fueled my suspicion of PV even more. On the other hand, I also got an incredibly, insanely townie reaction from NotScience so I was happy with that.

4) I explained what I was doing and the results I got out of it.

---

I have no idea why you jumped on me for it. Why don't you explain to me like I'm five what the issue was.
The Fox and the Hound
The Fox and the Hound
Goon
The Fox and the Hound
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7599 (ISO) » Tue May 20, 2014 6:35 pm

Post by The Fox and the Hound »

Being treated this way is possibly the most frustrating thing that can happen in a game of mafia.

CF is blatantly scum. I don't know what to say to anyone who can't see that right now. The stupid fucking appeal to everyone mastin impression posts make me want to actually stab someone.

I can't tell if I want to stop playing mafia, or just avoid certain people, a break is certainly in order either way, but this game has been pretty brutal... I guess on some level I know my life will be overall better when I'm done with it but that somehow isn't enough to make me want to be :/

I'd love to see CF get lynched tomorrow when he pulls a fake emotional breakdown over being wrong about us even if we ultimately lose anyway

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”