they/them
I win
I win
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #850 (ISO) » Tue May 01, 2007 10:53 am

Post by TBuG »

Battle Mage wrote:
Unvote, Vote: PBug

possibly the worst escuse for joining a wagon EVER.
also, why do you post in this game, yet in others you have had to be replaced due to inactivity?
BM
I was grounded for a week. I started posting here AFTER being replaced in a few games, and requested replacements in games I don't think I can follow.

DGB - I legitimately think BM is harmful to the town. He is distracting most of the game, and if he isn't scum, he is definitely supporting them in his extremely unhelpful actions.

BM - OMGUS much?
rolandofthewhite (5:40:28 PM): It would be weird living with Thesp. All the hookers murdered and skin lying around. :(
Phoebus
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Hall Monitor

Post Post #851 (ISO) » Tue May 01, 2007 11:38 am

Post by Phoebus »

Phoebus wrote:
Vote count:

4 Battle Mage (Akbar, IH, PBuG, theopor_COD)
1 DrippingGoofball (Shanba)
2 Mastermind of Sin (Battle Mage, Raffles)
1 PBuG (Dripping Goofball)
5 Raffles (Fuldu, Kison, Mastermind of Sin, Mr. Flay, spectrumvoid)

Not voting: 6

10 to lynch

Sorry for the slackness with the vote count.

Exam time approaches. I may be a little distracted until the 15th.

Albert B. Rampage is having trouble posting here.
Also looking at replacement for XReyoX
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #852 (ISO) » Tue May 01, 2007 11:42 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

OK, if I were your mother you'd be grounded all the time, I can understand your predicament. ;-)

But I don't think BM is that harmful to the town. He might be annoying and distracting to you, but he doesn't bother me, and I am not at all distracted from following other issues and players. If he's not scum, he's not supporting the scum, either. At worse, he's a very minor nuisance. In a way, the people that keep complaining about him are far more detrimental to the game, they are a greater nuisance than the nuisance itself. One could go as far as saying that the people complaining about BM are scum trying to distract the town. I mean, really. Unless BM, or anyone else, does something that I perceive as SCUMMY, I am not interested in voting them. Or if I want to pressure someone who is trying to fly below the radar, or wagon-hops... something actually scummy.

And PBuG, I am sorry, but I found that your re-entry into the game satisfies my criteria for finding someone scummy. Vote for whoever you want, but I do expect better reason, and deeper insight, from a player like you. Since you've been away from the computer, I'll give you a chance to redeem yourself.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #853 (ISO) » Tue May 01, 2007 2:09 pm

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

This coming from the person who provided such shoddy reasoning for a vote on me...the hypocrisy is killing me... :lol:
Permanent V/LA.
TBuG
TBuG
they/them
I win
TBuG
they/them
I win
I win

Post Post #854 (ISO) » Tue May 01, 2007 3:12 pm

Post by TBuG »

Okay, let's try this:

Unvote; vote: Raffles

As individual players, regardless of the game's flow, Raffles has been exceptionally scummy through this entire game. He brilliantly distracted with the argument abou XReyoX's noobishness on Day 1, which became oh so much longer than it ever needed to be. When the discussion is not going his way, he attempts the change the subject. When things
still
don't go his way, he quotes his post in which he attempts to change the subject several times, bolding and enlarging various parts of it, using sledgehammer and wrecking ball analogies along the way. Then a metagame post, making assumptions about the number of scum, not at all considering the balance of the game in terms of pro-town power roles. He actively lurks when he isn't acting out, his vote on OTU floating along unnoticed without any ascertainable reasoning. Oh so often he appears to post because he
can
. Once he actually posts reasoning, there is the giant hypocrisy of 'I can't really extract any useful contribution to the town from him, despite the number of posts he may have made more than most.' His vote does come off next post, I'll give him that. He gets stuck on ESE for a little while. Then a very long period of no real contribution. He does make the stunning point against MoS that despite the long stall on OTU's wagon, OTu was town. Now some bickering with MoS. His more recent actions have content, but only because he's arguing against a particular player.
rolandofthewhite (5:40:28 PM): It would be weird living with Thesp. All the hookers murdered and skin lying around. :(
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #855 (ISO) » Tue May 01, 2007 4:58 pm

Erm, how is that an excellent point, PBug? You're making the same mistake that Raffles made. You're assuming that the result of OTU being town justifies the conclusions he made before knowing OTU's real alignment. He did not KNOW OTU was town, and there was no logical reason for a wagon to stall on a protown player without a counterwagon springing up.
Permanent V/LA.
TBuG
TBuG
they/them
I win
TBuG
they/them
I win
I win

Post Post #856 (ISO) » Tue May 01, 2007 5:13 pm

Post by TBuG »

Mastermind of Sin wrote:Erm, how is that an excellent point, PBug? You're making the same mistake that Raffles made. You're assuming that the result of OTU being town justifies the conclusions he made before knowing OTU's real alignment. He did not KNOW OTU was town, and there was no logical reason for a wagon to stall on a protown player without a counterwagon springing up.
I meant in response to what you said, but then again, I only got the part of your post that Raffles quoted.

Stunning is a bit too.... excellent. I meant good. I was tired and felt like using a bigger word than usual.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #857 (ISO) » Tue May 01, 2007 8:06 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

*notes PBug joining the largest wagon in the game*
vote stands, obviously.
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Raffles
Raffles
Mafia Zcum
Raffles
Mafia Zcum
Mafia Zcum

Post Post #858 (ISO) » Tue May 01, 2007 9:39 pm

Post by Raffles »

@PBuG: I'm interested to know what your definition of long period is, because by your definition, some people aren't posting for many millenias...

The way I see DGB is he is playing a devil's advocate. I'm not sure how that is percieved in games.

MoS-BM show was quite funny, if it was an utter waste of time. To be fair I think BM makes some good observation. It's the logical conclusion that follows afterwards that looks like a space shuttle spinning out of control after launch.

Just thought I'd put few of my thoughts down.
Woof!
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #859 (ISO) » Wed May 02, 2007 4:24 am

Post by theopor_COD »

unvote, vote Bird1111

Time to get him out of his hiding place.

I'm still wary of BM, he's playing slightly different here and I've amazingly not come across BM as scum, even though he always act scummy.

Don't really understand DGB's attack at MoS either, I didn't think MoS was overly jumpy to one vote.
TBuG
TBuG
they/them
I win
TBuG
they/them
I win
I win

Post Post #860 (ISO) » Wed May 02, 2007 9:41 am

Post by TBuG »

@Raffles: I never said you weren't posting, I meant there wasn't content. And I meant post-wise, about 10 posts of new content.
Akbar
Akbar
Goon
Akbar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #861 (ISO) » Wed May 02, 2007 12:09 pm

Post by Akbar »

@Mr. Flay
I don't think your paying attention to my posts. The question is are you doing it intentionally. Don't you find it ironic that your alleged distancing theory didn't surface till Shanba replaced Remus? Right now I'm suspicious of BM, DGB, and Shanba. But, its not going to do us much good if a majority doesn't agree.

If your so convinced BM is a bad lynch, then state your reasons for thinking he's town. Don't just throw some colorful analogy out there trying to solicit a response from the crowd. And would you mind going back to the "scum jumping on the fat kid" analogy you used for XReyoX's wagon. I don't kick puppies.
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #862 (ISO) » Thu May 03, 2007 3:19 am

Post by theopor_COD »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:Why do you suspect me, Shanba ?

Albert you got anything to add with regard to day one, being as you've replaced.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #863 (ISO) » Thu May 03, 2007 4:11 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Akbar wrote: I don't kick puppies.
your avatar seems to imply differently... :wink:
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #864 (ISO) » Thu May 03, 2007 5:20 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Akbar wrote:@Mr. Flay
I don't think your paying attention to my posts. The question is are you doing it intentionally. Don't you find it ironic that your alleged distancing theory didn't surface till Shanba replaced Remus? Right now I'm suspicious of BM, DGB, and Shanba. But, its not going to do us much good if a majority doesn't agree.
In fairness, I didn't go back and look at your earlier posts about remus when I posted that; having done so now, your behavior with remus was much less weird in my view, so the connection is weaker. Shanba, you are the less scummy of the pair to me right now, at least as regards the pairing. Individually, you're both somewhere in my middle range.
Akbar wrote:If your so convinced BM is a bad lynch, then state your reasons for thinking he's town. Don't just throw some colorful analogy out there trying to solicit a response from the crowd. And would you mind going back to the "scum jumping on the fat kid" analogy you used for XReyoX's wagon. I don't kick puppies.
I did state my reasons, to wit, that people are 'beating up' on Battle Mage because he's not very articulate, not a good player, etc. Granted, it's easy for those types of players to play off their scumtells as inexperience, I've just got better targets today. It's a tough part of this game, the difference between Bad Town and Bad Scum. But I don't think Battle Mage is doing anything anti-town, he's just overreacting and annoying people.
Retired as of October 2014.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #865 (ISO) » Thu May 03, 2007 12:33 pm

^^Voice of Reason
Permanent V/LA.
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #866 (ISO) » Fri May 04, 2007 1:14 pm

Post by theopor_COD »

Had a re-read of sorts.

N9V any reason why you didn't join the OTU wagon?
~N9V~ wrote:Hmm content. I don't like this bery very slow wagon on you,which seems to have stopped. And i believe that OTU is scum. 'Nuf' said.
You then post after IH hammers that someone had to.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #867 (ISO) » Fri May 04, 2007 10:30 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

Unvote

the reasoning wasnt great and with hindsight, MoS is far less scummy looking here than in most of his games.
BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #868 (ISO) » Fri May 04, 2007 10:54 pm

Post by theopor_COD »

BM pretty sure you were voting PBug not MoS, getting mixed up are we?
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #869 (ISO) » Fri May 04, 2007 11:01 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

yeh lol. i remembered after i posted it.
Ah well,
Vote: PBug

theopor_COD wrote:BM pretty sure you were voting PBug not MoS, getting mixed up are we?
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Akbar
Akbar
Goon
Akbar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #870 (ISO) » Sat May 05, 2007 8:20 am

Post by Akbar »

Wow, first accusing MoS of Defending Raffles. Now, forgetting where your vote is.
~N9V~
~N9V~
Goon
~N9V~
Goon
Goon

Post Post #871 (ISO) » Sat May 05, 2007 9:50 am

Post by ~N9V~ »

theopor_COD wrote:Had a re-read of sorts.

~N9V~ wrote:Hmm content. I don't like this bery very slow wagon on you,which seems to have stopped. And i believe that OTU is scum. 'Nuf' said.
So what is the question here that you want me to answer?
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #872 (ISO) » Sat May 05, 2007 9:51 am

Interesting...
Permanent V/LA.
TBuG
TBuG
they/them
I win
TBuG
they/them
I win
I win

Post Post #873 (ISO) » Sat May 05, 2007 10:00 am

Post by TBuG »

~N9V~ wrote:
theopor_COD wrote:Had a re-read of sorts.

So what is the question here that you want me to answer?
...The one that he asked...
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #874 (ISO) » Sat May 05, 2007 10:15 am

Post by theopor_COD »

N9V is it that cryptic?

Why did you believe OTU was scum but not join his wagon? Surely as a townsperson if you find someone scum you vote them right?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”