Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5475 (ISO) » Thu May 08, 2014 9:35 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 5468, fferyllt wrote:
In post 5459, PeregrineV wrote:
If you were town and had the role to pick one of two players to die instead of you, how would you go about it? Think of how you'd do it as scum.

How did Orcunis do it?

If he didn't have strong scumreads or bother reading the game, why force the use of his ability? Statistically random picks are anti-town. Uninformed picks are basically the same.
It's like that late-day wagon on orcinus never happened in your world.
It did.

And before I start sounding high and mighty, I don't feel like your comment fully answered the questions presented. Can you please rephrase your responses?
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #5476 (ISO) » Thu May 08, 2014 9:36 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

What. the. fuck?

Katsuki is softing that I'm lying about having visited Ffery or some shit.

Which is a lie, because I got a fucking result back on Stalin last night 100%. Lynch Katsuki's bullshit please.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5477 (ISO) » Thu May 08, 2014 9:37 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 5476, AngryPidgeon wrote:
What. the. fuck?

Which is a lie, because I got a fucking result back on Stalin last night 100%. Lynch Katsuki's bullshit please.
Sounds more like he's counterclaiming. Let's see what he says.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #5478 (ISO) » Thu May 08, 2014 9:38 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 5477, PeregrineV wrote:
In post 5476, AngryPidgeon wrote:
What. the. fuck?

Sounds more like he's counterclaiming. Let's see what he says.
Counterclaiming ... modified Lawful Commander cop role? 2 Days after I made the claim? Horseshit.
Titan
Titan
Mafia Scum
Titan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5479 (ISO) » Thu May 08, 2014 9:40 am

Post by Titan »

In post 5342, CarbonFiber wrote:
In post 5292, Titan wrote:I'm pretty damn town though and was from the start? You say you KNEW I was scum all along but then in an earlier post you say that us misreading each other is a scum claim.

Are you sure you want to stand by me being scum?

Thank you for the compliment on my scum game. I don't think it's spectacular at all, but I appreciate it. But, if you have paid attention to my scum game, you should see that when I'm at my best I'm actually trying to get town cred. A scum me would have loved to keep Mastin around. A scum me would have had a solid read on that. You only have to look at Red Wedding to see how a scum me championed Metal Sonic against my partner Generic. The noise was delicious, I took a side, and tried to get my partner lynched in the process because I would have had metal sonic on my side and would have looked good while doing it. That's how I treat noise and a volatile situation as scum. Maybe I wouldn't always bus my partner, but it would be easy to take a stand instead of waffle about the player for 200 fucking pages. And since town reads are what typically come easiest to me it wouldn't even be out of the ordinary for me to town read him. And I mean geeze how you can't see I was conflicted about his and rancid's alignment is just astounding.
I guess my issue was that we weren't on the same page. You were waffling on Mastin while I was certain. I think based on past experience, I expected you to have similar reads to me. Like in NY169, we were both scumreading MC Maraca even while we were wrong. In PYP, we were both scumreading KK, Iam, and GM, while townreading nearly everyone else. Some of the slight twinges of paranoia came from the fact that I thought we'd see the game similarly.

I mentioned before in this game how we weren't seeing it identically. So far, the only explanation I have for us not having similar reads is that my perspective is different. I formed townreads on my two neighborhood buddies and extrapolated from there. I pushed Mastin with complete confidence because Pie was also pushing him and everything he said struck me at a very relatable level. I pushed Mastin and RBD as hard as I did because I never once questioned BRO's alignment. When BRO pushed them, I took his word as the word of confirmed town. You didn't, and you questioned his alignment making you far more unsure of the pushes that BRO and Pie were making. That's part of the reason I didn't have absolute certainty that you were town like I did in PYP, NY169, and Z-mafia and also in the older games we played. I had different touchstones. You had Ffery. I had Pie, Desp, and BRO.

And yeah, I can see now why you would fluctuate on Mastin and Rancid. Rancid for whatever reason did not make it easy to townread them by being overly aggressive and hostile. Mastin, I just misread because his posts came across as manipulative which kinda sucks.
I don't know that two people can always see the game similarly. And in this game we're coming at the game from two different viewpoints. You're in a neighborhood getting reads on people in a way I can't see. That will influence how you view the game, and considering I've had suspicion on people in the neighborhood, I can't see where you're coming from sometimes. (As an aside, this feels so similar to Wingate Mansion, I couldn't even come close to getting on the same page with empire there either.)

I wasn't sure about Mastin or RBD. The only thing that really rubbed me the wrong way with RBD was Nati's interaction with me. Like I told muffin, I would have totally understood if Nati would have been using Red Wine as a game of reference for similarity for me, but he used Too Many Heads and I was confused. Also the bit about me flailing over a week after any frustration had died down just felt off. I did waffle about Mastin, but as I said I went back and reread Anything Goes where he was my partner, and I also read his game in NY172, and reread hpaptl as a lot of his game felt really similar to hpaptl. So, yeah, I wasn't sure. I did think that if Mastin was scum then RBD was too because I do believe about their ability to read her. One of my biggest issues in mafia though is if someone else, or several someone else's, seem very very sure about their read, I tend to doubt mine unless I have really strong reasons or feelings to believe it, and I know that Mastin can be convincing as scum when he wants to be. In the end, I just thought the end to the noise and getting that question answered was the best thing for town.

I'm not sure that we always see the game so similarly though. In z-mafia, you were strongly scum reading CTD while I was town reading him. I remember you saying that you would back off of CTD if I believed in him strongly as town. I, for instance, suspected red coyote and I should have been more vocal about that but Nacho had a meta town read there I wanted to believe in. I suspected Jason and that other guy bald eagle? but you didn't. And you weren't really completely certain of me being town that game either if I recall correctly. You had me as town but with some reservations.
Half troll/Half wall.

I'm (Arthur) the wall. Don't let Tammy fool you. She trolls you w/o you even knowing! It's like you're in a constant state on mindfuck. RUN WHILE YOU CAN.
Breakfast With Sandy
Breakfast With Sandy
Goon
Breakfast With Sandy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5480 (ISO) » Thu May 08, 2014 9:41 am

Post by Breakfast With Sandy »

In post 5475, PeregrineV wrote:
In post 5468, fferyllt wrote:
In post 5459, PeregrineV wrote:
If you were town and had the role to pick one of two players to die instead of you, how would you go about it? Think of how you'd do it as scum.

How did Orcunis do it?

If he didn't have strong scumreads or bother reading the game, why force the use of his ability? Statistically random picks are anti-town. Uninformed picks are basically the same.

It's like that late-day wagon on orcinus never happened in your world.
It did.

And before I start sounding high and mighty, I don't feel like your comment fully answered the questions presented. Can you please rephrase your responses?
I think I did answer fully. You just don't get the context, I guess. If I had that role and had been run up right at deadline, I would have had pretty much the same group of players in mind to gladiate, with the goal of not making a bad situation for town worse. Add to this that he thought he would be able to talk to the players during thunderdome - if you read his posts prior to it starting that's what he expected, and it would have been a great opportunity to get caught up without all the noise this game was generating before and after Thunderdome.
User formerly known as Sc*mf*ck.
Hydra of fferylt and Belisarius; clever signature line to be decided later
CupcakePanda
CupcakePanda
Goon
CupcakePanda
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5481 (ISO) » Thu May 08, 2014 9:42 am

Post by CupcakePanda »

THERE IS A 0% CHANCE THAT YOU CARRIED OUT THAT "INVESTIGATION", AP
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #5482 (ISO) » Thu May 08, 2014 9:42 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

There is literally a 0% Panda has any rolerelated reasons to believe Im anything other than town.

Plesae everyone lynch the fucking Panda today. I swear to god, its really this easy sometimes.

P-edit: Escept I did and I got a result.
CupcakePanda
CupcakePanda
Goon
CupcakePanda
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5483 (ISO) » Thu May 08, 2014 9:43 am

Post by CupcakePanda »

AND DONT YOU DESTINY MAFIA ME SCUM COUNTERED MY FAKECLAIMING BY ROLECOPPING ME N1

PITY IM NOT A VT THIS TIME ROUND
CupcakePanda
CupcakePanda
Goon
CupcakePanda
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5484 (ISO) » Thu May 08, 2014 9:43 am

Post by CupcakePanda »

In post 5482, AngryPidgeon wrote:There is literally a 0% Panda has any rolerelated reasons to believe Im anything other than town.

Plesae everyone lynch the fucking Panda today. I swear to god, its really this easy sometimes.

P-edit: Escept I did and I got a result.
UNLESS YOU CAN CONVINCE YOURSELF THAT SOMETHING COULD HAVE INTERFERRED WITH MY ACTION

BUT LOLNOPE YOU DYING TODAY
Just Sheep Us
Just Sheep Us
Goon
Just Sheep Us
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5485 (ISO) » Thu May 08, 2014 9:44 am

Post by Just Sheep Us »

unvote
Vote: cupcakepanda
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #5486 (ISO) » Thu May 08, 2014 9:44 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

I dont give a flying fuck about destiny mafia, you are confirmed lying. Unless for some fucked up reason I dont show up to trackers/wratchers, which I can ask Cabd but that would be retarded.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #5487 (ISO) » Thu May 08, 2014 9:45 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 5484, CupcakePanda wrote:UNLESS YOU CAN CONVINCE YOURSELF THAT SOMETHING COULD HAVE INTERFERRED WITH MY ACTION

BUT LOLNOPE YOU DYING TODAY
I dont need to convince myself of anything. Do YOU think sometihng interfered with your action?
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #5488 (ISO) » Thu May 08, 2014 9:45 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

I If I go down today you are turbolynched tomorrow.
Titan
Titan
Mafia Scum
Titan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5489 (ISO) » Thu May 08, 2014 9:46 am

Post by Titan »

In post 5458, The Fox and the Hound wrote: If you are town, and I still think you are, get your shit together and realize people are wrong sometimes. There is entirely too much of this mindset on MS as a whole. X can read me, so if they're wrong they're scum. It's stupid. Meta is nice and all and it's useful but you can't expect people to be perfect, there will always be a first time. (Yes, I'm aware I pushed the opposite of this in ASOIAF- both because that was part of where I learned this, and because I was scum) Besides, another post of yours (you mentioned Tammy never having voted for you, somewhere?) imply to me you've never been scum in a game with her? If that's the case then you've handed out this card entirely too prematurely. Even if you turn out to be right, I don't believe in this logic.
I saw him as scum in Attack on Titan. I spent the first half of day one defending him until it dawned on me that the game just made more sense if he was scum.
Half troll/Half wall.

I'm (Arthur) the wall. Don't let Tammy fool you. She trolls you w/o you even knowing! It's like you're in a constant state on mindfuck. RUN WHILE YOU CAN.
Just Sheep Us
Just Sheep Us
Goon
Just Sheep Us
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5490 (ISO) » Thu May 08, 2014 9:46 am

Post by Just Sheep Us »

we are van grants, instructor master, even night tracker. ap visited stalin last night.

out ability will fail against replicas.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #5491 (ISO) » Thu May 08, 2014 9:47 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 5490, Just Sheep Us wrote:we are van grants, instructor master, even night tracker. ap visited stalin last night.

VOTE: PANDA
Just Sheep Us
Just Sheep Us
Goon
Just Sheep Us
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5492 (ISO) » Thu May 08, 2014 9:47 am

Post by Just Sheep Us »

im also phone postung and my phine is running on the fumes of its fumes and im at work so i wint br able to stay. Panda is lying.
CarbonFiber
CarbonFiber
Mafia Scum
CarbonFiber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5493 (ISO) » Thu May 08, 2014 9:48 am

Post by CarbonFiber »

In post 5490, Just Sheep Us wrote:we are van grants, instructor master, even night tracker. ap visited stalin last night.

Wait, what? If your ability fails against replicas, you are also a cop. So, you are a cop and if your target is town, you can track them as well?
CupcakePanda
CupcakePanda
Goon
CupcakePanda
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5494 (ISO) » Thu May 08, 2014 9:48 am

Post by CupcakePanda »

YOUR ACTION EITHER FAILED OR YOU'RE LYING BUDDY #1

CHELSEA TORN
TOWN DELAYER

N1 MASTIN
N2 AP
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #5495 (ISO) » Thu May 08, 2014 9:49 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 5494, CupcakePanda wrote:YOUR ACTION EITHER FAILED OR YOU'RE LYING BUDDY #1

CHELSEA TORN
TOWN DELAYER

N1 MASTIN
N2 AP
YOU ARE LYING. I AM CONFIRMED VISITING STALIN.

I HAVE A PM IN MY INBOX SAYING STALIN IS NOT A REPLICA.
CupcakePanda
CupcakePanda
Goon
CupcakePanda
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5496 (ISO) » Thu May 08, 2014 9:50 am

Post by CupcakePanda »

In post 5495, AngryPidgeon wrote:
In post 5494, CupcakePanda wrote:YOUR ACTION EITHER FAILED OR YOU'RE LYING BUDDY #1

CHELSEA TORN
TOWN DELAYER

N1 MASTIN
N2 AP
YOU ARE LYING. I AM CONFIRMED VISITING STALIN.

I HAVE A PM IN MY INBOX SAYING STALIN IS NOT A REPLICA.
AND I HAVE A PM CONFIRMING MY ACTION

HUEHUEHUE TWO CAN PLAY AT THAT "LOOK AT MA INBOX" GAME
CarbonFiber
CarbonFiber
Mafia Scum
CarbonFiber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5497 (ISO) » Thu May 08, 2014 9:51 am

Post by CarbonFiber »

CHELSEA TORN
TOWN DELAYER

N1 MASTIN
N2 AP
Explain what delayer means?
Just Sheep Us
Just Sheep Us
Goon
Just Sheep Us
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5498 (ISO) » Thu May 08, 2014 9:52 am

Post by Just Sheep Us »

In post 5493, CarbonFiber wrote:

Wait, what? If your ability fails against replicas, you are also a cop. So, you are a cop and if your target is town, you can track them as well?
yeah

panda why are you ignoring me also saying you are lying?
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #5499 (ISO) » Thu May 08, 2014 9:52 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

DEAR SCUMFUCKS:

NOW IS THE TIME

TO BU THE SHIT OUT OF KATSUKI.

KATSUKI IS CONFIRMED LYING; THE TRACKER RESULT CONFIRMS IT.

DEAR TOWN:

STOP BEING FUCKING TERRIBLE AT THIS GAME. ALL THE TOWNREADS ON PADA WERE SHITTY.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”