Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #4550 (ISO) » Fri May 02, 2014 7:15 am

Post by Cabd »

Votecount 2-14 (Unchanged from 2-13)

With 14 players alive, it will take 8 votes to lynch or nolynch.

MastinSSK (5): Just Sheep Us, PeregrineV, Yggdra Union, orcinus_theoriginal, CupcakePanda
Nachomamma8 (2): Red Gyarados, MastinSSK
CupcakePanda (1): The Fox and the Hound
PeregrineV (1): Titan

Not Voting (5): Nachomamma8, Carbon Fiber, Clyton, Breakfast With Stalin, AP

Mod Notes:

With 14 players alive, deadline is set for 15 days: (expired on 2014-05-07 22:26:21)
Last edited by Cabd on Fri May 02, 2014 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Currently in COVID hell, population: Entire Household
CupcakePanda
CupcakePanda
Goon
CupcakePanda
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4551 (ISO) » Fri May 02, 2014 7:19 am

Post by CupcakePanda »

In post 4545, Katsuki wrote:
In post 4543, Breakfast With Sandy wrote:I expect my read to firm up there with more data.
You don't have enough data after 180 pages? >.>
In post 4547, Breakfast With Sandy wrote:
In post 4543, Breakfast With Sandy wrote:I expect my read to firm up there with more data.
It's a sign of the fully earned level of respect I have for your town game; your total lack of scumhunting and main contribution to the game being posts like this hasn't drawn my vote.
CupcakePanda
CupcakePanda
Goon
CupcakePanda
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4552 (ISO) » Fri May 02, 2014 7:21 am

Post by CupcakePanda »

um...
In post 4547, Breakfast With Sandy wrote:
It's a sign of the fully earned level of respect I have for your town game; your total lack of scumhunting and main contribution to the game being posts like this hasn't drawn my vote.
BEST TOWN 2012, never forget. :P
CupcakePanda
CupcakePanda
Goon
CupcakePanda
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4553 (ISO) » Fri May 02, 2014 7:21 am

Post by CupcakePanda »

*PERFORMANCE

welp I can't seem to post to save my life right now.
Breakfast With Sandy
Breakfast With Sandy
Goon
Breakfast With Sandy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4554 (ISO) » Fri May 02, 2014 7:24 am

Post by Breakfast With Sandy »

In post 4549, AngryPidgeon wrote:
In post 4546, Breakfast With Sandy wrote:
In post 4544, AngryPidgeon wrote:It doesnt sound like a strategic thing to begin with TBH.
What do you make of a player saying it is?
I dont think its alignment indicative, to be sure. A lot of people think silly things about strategy.

I dunno. I'd make an opinion on your assertion that hes taking away from his own strategy by saying it is a strategy, but I certainly dont understand what he thinks hes accomplishing enough to say whether or not thats true. And I've had people (you?) use this as a point against me incorrectly in the past when I've talked about wanting player X to rage in order to be come readable, etc so I dont put much stock in it as alignment indicative.
I don't remember taking that as a point against you. If I did, and that was the sole basis for the point, I'd be surprised.
User formerly known as Sc*mf*ck.
Hydra of fferylt and Belisarius; clever signature line to be decided later
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4555 (ISO) » Fri May 02, 2014 7:25 am

Post by PeregrineV »

So just skim/read the first 70 posts of Clyton, and I remember why I have him as town. It's probably because you can see what and why he's thinking it, because he tells you.

Let me know if you need specifics, or have specific questions.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Breakfast With Sandy
Breakfast With Sandy
Goon
Breakfast With Sandy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4556 (ISO) » Fri May 02, 2014 7:25 am

In post 4553, CupcakePanda wrote:*PERFORMANCE

I have one of those. I know exactly what it says about individual players in the town.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #4557 (ISO) » Fri May 02, 2014 7:29 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 2381, PeregrineV wrote:Yuo are saying he's wrong. Fine.

Now you need to convince us of Carbon's scum motivation in counterclaiming, backing it up, and pushing for Rancid's lynch.

Because you are not just arguing with Carbon, you are voting him.
PV: Why didn't you comment on that Clyton post at the time? At first I thought oyu might be behind, but it looks like you were caught-up-ish and your only response to Clyton or reference to Clyton was this.

Just not feeling you thought he was super town.

Oh and clicking that link brought me back to all the Replica CC nonsense which makes me want to lynch CF again >.>
CupcakePanda
CupcakePanda
Goon
CupcakePanda
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4558 (ISO) » Fri May 02, 2014 7:48 am

Post by CupcakePanda »

In post 4556, Breakfast With Sandy wrote:
In post 4553, CupcakePanda wrote:*PERFORMANCE

I have one of those. I know exactly what it says about individual players in the town.
:P

I do miss those days though, we finished the game in 1.5 RL days.
Find scum, lynch scum.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4559 (ISO) » Fri May 02, 2014 8:50 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 4557, AngryPidgeon wrote:
In post 2381, PeregrineV wrote:Yuo are saying he's wrong. Fine.

Now you need to convince us of Carbon's scum motivation in counterclaiming, backing it up, and pushing for Rancid's lynch.

Because you are not just arguing with Carbon, you are voting him.
PV: Why didn't you comment on that Clyton post at the time? At first I thought oyu might be behind, but it looks like you were caught-up-ish and your only response to Clyton or reference to Clyton was this.

Just not feeling you thought he was super town.

Oh and clicking that link brought me back to all the Replica CC nonsense which makes me want to lynch CF again >.>
On the Clyton ? Because The Carbon claim and Clyton response, I didn't look at the sample scum PM. Never had any reason to, but the fact Carbon mentioned replica like it was important and Clyton also brough up replica made me go read the sample PM. And sure enough, scum is supposed to be replicas. That strengthened my liking of Carbon's claim, my scumread of Rancid, that Clyton was probably town, because scum know they are replicas and have no need to question the claim. I had liked Clyton's early posting too (), but that was also not concrete, just that he posted his thoughts and you could see them.

Do you have any Clyton posts you have questions about? Or do you want a fuller reads evolution?
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #4560 (ISO) » Fri May 02, 2014 9:10 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 4559, PeregrineV wrote:On the Clyton 2208? Because The Carbon claim and Clyton response, I didn't look at the sample scum PM. Never had any reason to, but the fact Carbon mentioned replica like it was important and Clyton also brough up replica made me go read the sample PM.
Err. When exactly did you go read the sample PM? Right after the Clyton post?
Clyton
Clyton
Goon
Clyton
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4561 (ISO) » Fri May 02, 2014 9:23 am

Post by Clyton »

An update: I have almost settled moving into my new place, but I still have no Internet. The ISP guy will come on May 9th, which I believe the Day would end by then. Right now I'm depending on library Internet, but as of right now posting this, it will be closing in under 10 minutes.

I have to respond to CF's post on top of page 165, but besides that, I skimmed up to this point. I am heavily considering me being replaced due to my circumstances, but I will let Cabd know through PM should I make that decision. For now, I will try to keep up and contribute/discuss with anyone.

As for the others who were wondering where I was, I'm not sure how you not saw my official bolded V/LA notice.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #4562 (ISO) » Fri May 02, 2014 9:24 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

MastinSSK
MastinSSK
Goon
MastinSSK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4563 (ISO) » Fri May 02, 2014 9:57 am

Post by MastinSSK »

Still need to read stuff, but figured I might as well post what I just did to SSK. (With one or two minor edits.)

Something I will say here, though.
Is that I'm really, really sick.

Really freakin' sick.
Of people saying that they know what my scumgame is.
Without focusing on what actually drives my scumgame.

My scumgame this year (for the most part) has been top-notch. I've masterfully manipulated players. I've had plans. I've beautifully orchestrated the downfalls of towns, in ways that they would never expect, even if they expect me to be scum. It may sound arrogant, but bluntly, I've felt as if my scumgame has taken such leaps and bounds this year to be frankly at scummy-level performances. Because I come up with plans, dang-good plans, and execute them near-flawlessly. And they are all driven by the singular desire of manipulating circumstances to be favorable for my scum faction.

And even players who should really freakin' know this are not paying attention to it. Are not thinking about how it factors in. Aren't thinking about what my plan would be, but beyond that, aren't thinking about what manipulation would be in my posts (hint: I never emotionally manipulate as either alignment intentionally; it's a despicable tactic), and what could make me scum with favorable circumstances.

No. I'm scum for this. Scum for that. Random reasons that are artificial. Hollow. Empty. Superficial. Even from town players, that's true. Some random 'tell' they're convinced is meaningful. A vague similarity of one post of mine to one post of mine in another scumgame, ignoring what drove the post in both.

(Had a nice, long, nap. But still need to do final preparations to leave, soyeah. Leaving soon.)
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4564 (ISO) » Fri May 02, 2014 10:02 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 4560, AngryPidgeon wrote:
In post 4559, PeregrineV wrote:On the Clyton 2208? Because The Carbon claim and Clyton response, I didn't look at the sample scum PM. Never had any reason to, but the fact Carbon mentioned replica like it was important and Clyton also brough up replica made me go read the sample PM.
Err. When exactly did you go read the sample PM? Right after the Clyton post?
Yes.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4565 (ISO) » Fri May 02, 2014 10:06 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 4563, MastinSSK wrote:Something I will say here, though.
Is that I'm really, really sick.

Really freakin' sick.
I say this with all love Mastin, but in the games, I don't really care. I care more about figuring out IF you are scum.
But, would love to see an MD thread titled "The Driving Forces Behind Mastin's Scumgame- 2014 Edition".
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Clyton
Clyton
Goon
Clyton
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4566 (ISO) » Fri May 02, 2014 10:10 am

Post by Clyton »

I need a quick reference but can someone give me a good meta analysis on Cupcake and why he is Town/Scum in this game as a result of that reference post? Could be in this game or elsewhere.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4567 (ISO) » Fri May 02, 2014 10:30 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 4566, Clyton wrote:I need a quick reference but can someone give me a good meta analysis on Cupcake and why he is Town/Scum in this game as a result of that reference post? Could be in this game or elsewhere.
Someone else with more time can do this, but the general gist is that if he puts forth any effort at all, he's probably scum.

As town, he votes but doesn't really scumhunt. As scum, well, he's scum.

Scum in Aircraft Madness (large theme)
Town in Bipolar (mini theme)
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #4568 (ISO) » Fri May 02, 2014 10:38 am

Post by Katsuki »

In post 4563, MastinSSK wrote: Really freakin' sick.
Welcome to how I always get lynched recently as town. :P

Then again if people truly knew what drives my scumgame I'd be in trouble haha.
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
"READING KATSUKI IS LIKE SOME SORT OF POSTMODERN ARTFORM"
- GreyICE
Katsuki is by far more absurdly beautiful than Fate. (hai parama)
Katsuki's Madness coming to you shortly: Nov, 2011!

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
coming to you summer 2011! ~ Pre-ins: 11/13
Titan
Titan
Mafia Scum
Titan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4569 (ISO) » Fri May 02, 2014 3:44 pm

Post by Titan »

So, about an hour ago when I started catching up the read card on mastin changed to town. An hour later and now it's at hellifino.

My kitten turned a year old today though, you should all partake in the festivities!

She has hit my mafia weakness though, that's for sure!
Half troll/Half wall.

I'm (Arthur) the wall. Don't let Tammy fool you. She trolls you w/o you even knowing! It's like you're in a constant state on mindfuck. RUN WHILE YOU CAN.
Titan
Titan
Mafia Scum
Titan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4570 (ISO) » Fri May 02, 2014 3:49 pm

Post by Titan »

In post 4567, PeregrineV wrote:
In post 4566, Clyton wrote:I need a quick reference but can someone give me a good meta analysis on Cupcake and why he is Town/Scum in this game as a result of that reference post? Could be in this game or elsewhere.
Someone else with more time can do this, but the general gist is that if he puts forth any effort at all, he's probably scum.

As town, he votes but doesn't really scumhunt. As scum, well, he's scum.

Scum in Aircraft Madness (large theme)
Town in Bipolar (mini theme)

This is a really big oversimplification of his meta. He does Scumhunt as town, though he's more likely to get bored/frustrated by too many pages/too long of days. He can be active as town too, it just depends.

He typically puts more :effort: into his scum games but that's not a perfect indicator.
Half troll/Half wall.

I'm (Arthur) the wall. Don't let Tammy fool you. She trolls you w/o you even knowing! It's like you're in a constant state on mindfuck. RUN WHILE YOU CAN.
Breakfast With Sandy
Breakfast With Sandy
Goon
Breakfast With Sandy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4571 (ISO) » Fri May 02, 2014 3:54 pm

In post 4569, Titan wrote:So, about an hour ago when I started catching up the read card on mastin changed to town. An hour later and now it's at hellifino.

My kitten turned a year old today though, you should all partake in the festivities!

Beli's mastin scumread has softened too.

Our major ah ha over the last 24 or so hours is that we have 3 bet the farm town reads. I'm starting to think about what scum have to work with when most of town is towning it up, or at least staying well within their town envelopes.
Titan
Titan
Mafia Scum
Titan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4572 (ISO) » Fri May 02, 2014 4:23 pm

Post by Titan »

In post 4475, PeregrineV wrote:
In post 4472, Titan wrote:So we didn't play heroes of comedy together?
marketplace 2?
hpatpl?
marketplace 3?
board games?
gundam seed?
holy shit if you remember me from anything goes and have anything approximating a scum read on me here you really really really don't know how to meta at all and should stop?

I mean because then you should at least understand my playstyle varies and not be just comparing it to some two-year old game.
marketplace 2 I already noticed a difference that threw me off: 1832 1909 2661-
Tammy in 2661 wrote:" I think part of my issue with pere is kind of self absorbed as I can't see why he'd have me as null with the need to do further meta research when we've played a few games together and he's seen me as scum and town. I don't think I've been overly active this game and shining brightly like a beacon of innocence though but it still kinda reads off."
At this point you were picking up the whole "How someone reads me determines how I read them" thing.
But we worked through it.

HPATPL- You were SK. But even after you admitted it, I could see your town mindset scumhunting (you shot scum). That was one reason I was OK with leashing you. 1639

Marketplace 3 You were a hydra.

Board Games- You were a hydra

Gundam Seed (hydra) 370

I'm a hydra now.

Marketplace 3 - 95% of those posts are mine. (You can tell which posts aren't mine as syryana is telling me to shut up and meta someone like we had discussed >_>)

Gundam seed - 99.5% of those posts are mine.

Board games - pless posted more than I did, but that should tell you something. Games going on at the same time, my overall approach is similar, except I'm actually more engaged here than I was there.

What this collection of games whether hydra or solo should tell you is that you can't meta mr off one game, and sure as he'll not off one game from two years ago. And if you're going to look at a town game you sure as shit need to look at a scum game. You've seen two: team mafia and anything goes. Wait three weren't you in heterosexual revolution?

What all of the games you have participated in should tell you is that you actually have to look at a large freaking sample size with me unless you are a really gifted meta reader who picks up tonal differences really well. I'm an emotional person, I'm an emotional player, that means that my mood impacts my posting more than anything else. Not only my away from mafia game mood, but the mood of the game as well. It also impacts how I read the game and how I read others. I don't have one specific playstyle or one specific scumhunting method or one specific anything.

People with small sample sizes almost always pick up on incorrect things. For instance, in mafia.maiden a couple years ago magua thought I was scum based on my reaction to suspicion. I got very frustrated and flustered, which regfan who knows me recognized as town. But magua had recently played in ny146 where I had replaced into a slot widely regarded as the sk and was up for a lynch. I took that suspicion really calmly and worked to get information out there as I knew it wasn't my fault I was going to be lynched. I ended up not and was able to win it for town in lylo. (Incidentally, I've always wished I could be that person under suspicion.). But what to read me by was misunderstood.

Likewise, you could look at two recent games of mine.

im proud as fuck at this game

And

not as proud of this game

Both town wins. I replaced into both at the same time. The first game I felt like I was really on top of my game. A couple original reads were off but those were corrected for, and once falcon replaced in we figured out the game together really well. It was a solid solid game. The other game? Felt meh. Had a bad scum read but fixed it. Knew something was off with nacho but the game just felt off overall.

So both games at the same stage of my life. I was just as busy, in the same rl mood for both, but in one I excelled and one I languished. In both I was able to look town, which is over and above my best attribute. It's the thing I know how to do best and most consistently.

So, meta me, sure, but not as simplistically as you've done because you won't get anywhere, but irritate me.
Half troll/Half wall.

AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #4573 (ISO) » Fri May 02, 2014 4:30 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 4571, Breakfast With Sandy wrote:Our major ah ha over the last 24 or so hours is that we have 3 bet the farm town reads.
Is one of them me? Im worth a farm.
Titan
Titan
Mafia Scum
Titan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4574 (ISO) » Fri May 02, 2014 4:31 pm

Post by Titan »

In post 4571, Breakfast With Sandy wrote:
In post 4569, Titan wrote:So, about an hour ago when I started catching up the read card on mastin changed to town. An hour later and now it's at hellifino.

Beli's mastin scumread has softened too.

Our major ah ha over the last 24 or so hours is that we have 3 bet the farm town reads. I'm starting to think about what scum have to work with when most of town is towning it up, or at least staying well within their town envelopes.
It's the conviction that she's showing! But that's one of my weaknesses, and I know it is. But it's still very influential on me ( that's not the right word, but). I tend to be swayed by "you know me" arguments. It's one of the major things that had me town reading ktnxbye in chef mafia. That conviction that he had that d3x should be town reading him felt so real. It resonates because there are some players that I expect to see me as town when I'm town and I've reacted a similar way.

The only thing that makes me hesitate is mastin is a much craftier scum player than I am and would probably be able to sound like he has this conviction way more naturally than I think I would be able, but it just sounds so real.

Is nacho one of your bet the farm town reads? If not, where are you standing with him?
Half troll/Half wall.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”