Breakfast With Sandy
Breakfast With Sandy
Goon
Breakfast With Sandy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4375 (ISO) » Thu May 01, 2014 11:20 am

Post by Breakfast With Sandy »

And I should say that his basis for wking me fits perfectly with what I know of how he reads me. It's not a fabricated read.

Which isn't really germane to his alignment but it's a data point.
User formerly known as Sc*mf*ck.
Hydra of fferylt and Belisarius; clever signature line to be decided later
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #4376 (ISO) » Thu May 01, 2014 11:30 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 4357, MastinSSK wrote:"I don't really trust anyone" *next line* "I'm basically trusting you".
Ya, no. By trust anyone I mean "trust anyone's reads". you cant actually be arguing that I said I dont have any townreads and then listed them as town. And I dont typically just trust anyone's reads. Its not very common for me to pull the townblock + synch method of scumhunting.
In post 4357, MastinSSK wrote:This read feels out of place overall, though. Seems too low.
What does this even mean? You think I should be throwing heaps of townpoints at them for the meltdown? I called it town, I just am wary of things like this for good reason (read any scumgame of mine)
In post 4357, MastinSSK wrote:And his posting really doesn't seem to be reflecting these as his scumreads.
Im going to throw my computer out the window. you are actually joking right? First off, this is a PoE pool. Second, I've been scumreading/voting Kagura pretty much all game and similarly for PV on D1. F16 has also been a constant scumread and its pretty hilarious to have just responded to his post telling me that my posting all games indicates the exact opposite of what you are saying here. What am I supposed to say? I cant please you cause you are conf-biasing on me and making these throwaway one liners about me instead of ever engaging me on my Nacho/Bork read or anything. IDGI. I really dont. Oh and I also am getting simultaneous accusations from you about being unmotivated and F16 for posting too fucking much.
In post 4357, MastinSSK wrote:Don't think. AP would ever truly consider. An actual policy-lynch.
Then why did you also post this:
In post 4363, MastinSSK wrote:
In post 4340, AngryPidgeon wrote:This vote probably wont move before deadline.
Like hell it won't. 'Specially if I ticked you off. (Well, I'm not going to do so intentionally, but I'm not going to go out of my way to not tick you off, sooooooooooooooo...)
In post 4357, MastinSSK wrote:Thus, why focusing on what was obviously a typo was...
...Nothing but a distraction.
It wasn't obviously a typo, I know I read it and got excited at first. It wasnt even phrased in a way that looked like an obvious Typo. And you yourself are trying to argue you think Stalin is town now, so clearly you can see why your scumread on them over this is bad, right?
In post 4357, MastinSSK wrote:because scumreading either of them is a red flag
Also Id like to point out that you have admitted to blindly NKing zMuffin in another game despite him townreading your slot and are arguing that he was a scumkill here. :cool:
And you scumread me in Anything Goes. "But AP I thought you were actually scum!!!".. "Then you actually are terrible at reading me in that event cause I was pretty obviously town there and still am here.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #4377 (ISO) » Thu May 01, 2014 11:36 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

UNVOTE:

Im going to actually do some work. Go fora relaxing trip to Safeway. Smoke some stuff. And think about this game carefully.

NACHO: If you see this, meet me down at the town square for a good old quick draw duel to the death around 7pm PST. Or just we could talk about the weather I guess instead if you'd prefer.
CarbonFiber
CarbonFiber
Mafia Scum
CarbonFiber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4378 (ISO) » Thu May 01, 2014 11:39 am

Post by CarbonFiber »

In post 4373, AngryPidgeon wrote: What exactly are you considering? If RBD were town, would it notably affect your reads / where would you go? It just seems so odd to me to fish for that information. That is partly because it never occurred to me anyone would know (except scum obv). I strongly doubt Mac could have been killed from anything other than scum, so I suppose I agree that they make sense as a town kill. My kneejerk reaction to that was to wonder why you didn't ask inside your neighborhood since the highest concentration of people scumreading RBD seem to be in there (Yggdra, JSU iirc). Instead you ask everyone which I dont quite get the motivation for to assume you have been wrong about your reads all this time despite having a very large conviction to the contrary.
I thought it would help the town if everyone knows RBD's affiliation. Given the state of the town currently, that would be a baseline through which people can connect on reads. If they are scum like I think they are, it would help a lot of people like Breakfast reset and work with others better, specifically the neighborhood for instance. On the chance that they are town, I would have to reset my reads considerably. Mastin is the biggest reset I'd make. I also wonder if Nacho was scum whiteknighting Rancid for the cred. He's done it before. I don't think anyone in the neighborhood knew Rancid's affiliation. We talked about it as soon as they flipped as janitored and it was apparent we were all in the dark.
In post 4373, AngryPidgeon wrote:I mean, opportunism? I think Im actually literally the only person in the thread with a scumread on you and have been since RBD fell off a cliff last night. Opportunism suggests that I am getting some sort of easy scum advantage for hedging an opinion on you, which Id love to hear what that could be cause I've mostly gotten flak from the entire player base (Mastin, JSU, you, others?) for my read on you that I ultimately just sort of stopped caring at the start of D2.
I was the one who originally scumread your predecessor and said that nothing you did was overwhelmingly town. It is not unlikely that you decided someone already scumreading you isn't a bad target to push. I don't think pushing me is making you more likely to be lynched. Some people (like Breakfast) say that it could be town. The town are not united in any particular direction so pushing an unlikely lynch is not a bad idea since you can continue to push them the next day and so on and look busy. It really depends on the gamestate. If the person you are pushing has their hands full (like I did with Mastin), then even better.

I have a hard time seeing your push coming from town because my posts have been genuine and transparent enough that my thought processes and motivation is obvious. I don't believe that you as a player would be unable to see the big picture and instead continue scumreading me because I ignored your posts etc. I think you are more discerning than that.
In post 4373, AngryPidgeon wrote:Ok, I'll admit its not "impossible" for us to do this as scum/scum, but why do you think its likely the case? You spent all D1 talking about how mastin and I were just creating noise and saying we were both scum with RBD. Im most certainly biased on the issue given that Im town and townreading both of those players, but I just have an extremely hard time seeing why someone would find this -likely-. Mastin has a fairly extensive history of not bussing and is proud of it. Im more sporadic, but I would never bus a buddy so hard when they are actually salvageable and when me bussing them could be the tipping point in a lynch.
Because I had independent scumreads on both of you. The way you both were trying to get out of scumreading each other and get PV lynched felt like you were setting the stage as unlikely partners while setting PV up. I agree that Mastin doesn't bus. I don't think you were bussing with intent to lynch and I felt then that it was more likely you intended everyone to dismiss it as TvT noise and lynch a lurker. After that Mastin pretty much pushed hard on you and I started to wonder if it was genuine or if it was a response to being called out on bussing. I also find it hard to believe that you staunchly believe in Mastin being town even after he pushed you and scumread you for it. You are writing him off as bad town consistently no matter how hard and prolonged the push has been today.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #4379 (ISO) » Thu May 01, 2014 11:50 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 4378, CarbonFiber wrote:I have a hard time seeing your push coming from town because my posts have been genuine and transparent enough that my thought processes and motivation is obvious.
Except that you pretty actively refused to talk to me (and admittedly so) so you cant play this card that you are surprised I dont find you transparent. All I've seen from you is talking backandforth with Tammy and never updating your reads on anybody. You've actually admitted to having precisely 3 scumreads all game afaict (Me, mastin, RBD) and your townreads have been fairly static as well (the neighborhood and Tammy mostly).

RBD got upset because they asked you for pages to explain your scumreads and they kept getting upset that you WERENT and I agree with their take on that. So I really would not hold that you are transparent and I mean I guess I can see you thinking you are since everyone should be transparent to themself >.>. I think mastin looks pretty transparent this game.
CarbonFiber wrote:[I also find it hard to believe that you staunchly believe in Mastin being town even after he pushed you and scumread you for it. You are writing him off as bad town consistently no matter how hard and prolonged the push has been today.
Wow, I really am going to just heave this computer right out the window. Why should I scumread mastin just because she is pushing me? That is what you are actually admitting to doing on me I suppose, but wow. Being wrong is not a scumtell and I really think mastin has been fairly transparent, I mean shes basically using the thread as her personal blog which is anti-town and obnoxious, but it makes her feel really genuine.

--

Ok lets try this then. What are you still hoping to accomplish today / what has been accomplished today? Your reads seem 100% unchanged from halfway through D1. Mastin is a revolving door. Ffery is still waffling but has downgraded Bork to somewhere still above the lynch line. Why no vote?
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #4380 (ISO) » Thu May 01, 2014 11:51 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 4379, AngryPidgeon wrote:Except that you pretty actively refused to talk to me (and admittedly so) so you cant play this card that you are surprised I dont find you transparent.
And its not even just now. This all started back on D1 over the DV meta that you explicitly brought up as a reason to townread them. I meantioned it and asked you to clarify and you kept stalling/waffling on it instead of actually justifying it. You finally did, but not before giving me the run around about your self-meta and various excuses for NOT doing it.
Titan
Titan
Mafia Scum
Titan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4381 (ISO) » Thu May 01, 2014 11:55 am

Post by Titan »

Half troll/Half wall.

I'm (Arthur) the wall. Don't let Tammy fool you. She trolls you w/o you even knowing! It's like you're in a constant state on mindfuck. RUN WHILE YOU CAN.
Breakfast With Sandy
Breakfast With Sandy
Goon
Breakfast With Sandy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4382 (ISO) » Thu May 01, 2014 11:56 am

Post by Breakfast With Sandy »

AP I wrote you a fucking novel about my nachobork read. :/
User formerly known as Sc*mf*ck.
Hydra of fferylt and Belisarius; clever signature line to be decided later
MastinSSK
MastinSSK
Goon
MastinSSK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4383 (ISO) » Thu May 01, 2014 11:56 am

Post by MastinSSK »

Random book-keeping note.

522+15 = 537 large themes
(Best of the internet = first to break 100. Chrono Trigger was second.)

Lost Boys mafia, 185 pages, one of the old giants.
War in Heaven II, 176 pages, another old legend. (Coincidentally also modded by Flay.)
Phables: Death Note, 177 pages, which I experienced. (Briefly.)
Kingdom Hearts Mafia, 175.

Note that the great rollback ruins game length records to some extent, but going off of what I can confirm...
Reckamonic's Ocarina of Time mafia, 203 pages. (First Large Theme to break 200.)
Good vs Evil, Law vs Chaos (reboot), 176 pages. (Which I also experienced.)
Stars Aligned III, 226 pages.
Mafia Behind the Maiden, 215 pages.
The game of the year, 179 pages.
A Dance with Dragons Mafia, 176 pages.

Politics Mafia, 209 pages. (Which I was technically in!)
Mafiastuck, 294 pages.
Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Legacy, 202 pages. (Also in.)

League of Legends Mafia, 179.
Pinkmin Mafia (I also was in), 198 pages.
Xenoblade Mafia, 184 pages.
Lord Patator Charlixion the 6th, 188 pages.

The Walking Dead, 205 pages. (I was in that, too.)
Dr Who: Last Great Time War, 236 pages.
Xenogears Mafia, 235 pages. (Yep.)
upick of Ice & Fire, 266 pages.

Fire Emblem: Awakening, 368 pages. (Broke 300, and yes, I was in it. Partially, anyway.)
Marketplace Mafia III, 208 pages.
Mobile Suit Gundamn SEED Mafia, 288 pages. (Yeah, I was there.)

Touhou Mafia Land of Fantasy, 237 pages.

So 25 confirmed games at the length we're currently at, on D2.
We had 17 players (admittedly mostly hydras), most of these had much more than that.
Yet we're in the top 5% of theme games ever played, page-wise.

And we're still climbing. (And I'm also losing my lead post-wise to Tammy. That's not a bad thing, though.)
In post 4366, CarbonFiber wrote:I think you and Mastin are quite capable of coming up with new interactions each time you are scum together. Do you feel that your interactions are so set in stone that you won't try a distancing tactic for once?
Distancing, sure, heck yeah.

...If our play this game could be called distance, though, I'd love to see what you consider hardcore bussing. :P
In post 4371, AngryPidgeon wrote:Bullshit. There was large amounts of drama cause Muffin was trying to get them to explain any of their scumreads yesterday and they refused for pages and pages. I have yet to see anything today that explains it at all.
Explicit explanation, not. Implicit, plenty of. I'd be lying if I said F-16 was an open book. But he's not an opaque wall as you're insisting with his thoughts; they can be followed, kinda sorta. I would prefer more explicit thoughts, of course, but it's not a requirement.
I havent really seen any indication of this either. At all. What.
Subtext. F-16's free to call me wrong, but that's what I saw.
It kind of felt that way this game though with your towntowntown reads on Bork/Titan/?Mac? and then just sort of coasting from there. But thats mostly irrelevant. I guess I am somewhat expecting Ffery from Xenosaga who actually scumread Flandre D1 and rolled with that pretty hard and Im not seeing it here. But thats just a niggle on my end that is irrelevant. I still think you are probstown. Can you explain your current read on Nacho?
This thought process doesn't look like it comes from town, either.
In post 4376, AngryPidgeon wrote:First off, this is a PoE pool.
Yes, but still a scum pool all the same. My posting is more akin to how I'd expect a town-you to be handling a scumlist with those names.
In post 4357, MastinSSK wrote:Don't think. AP would ever truly consider. An actual policy-lynch.
Then why did you also post this:
In post 4363, MastinSSK wrote:
In post 4340, AngryPidgeon wrote:This vote probably wont move before deadline.
Like hell it won't. 'Specially if I ticked you off. (Well, I'm not going to do so intentionally, but I'm not going to go out of my way to not tick you off, sooooooooooooooo...)
Wut. Like. You're using a completely and entirely random post. You'd vote me, especially if emotional. It wouldn't be on policy, nor would it be a proper policy-
lynch
. (There's a difference between voting and advocating the lynch of a player.)
It wasn't obviously a typo, I know I read it and got excited at first.
You just cut out all the things I pointed out that explained
exactly
why it
was
an obvious typo.
And you yourself are trying to argue you think Stalin is town now, so clearly you can see why your scumread on them over this is bad, right?
I never scumread them. I was concerned, yes. I thought it could indicate them being scum, yes. But I never was truly sure they were scum, LEAST of all for something like that, which was just the latest in my points of concern. Points of concern being exactly that, points, which are of a concern. The concern is MOSTLY gone, and a lot of the points addressed. So I suppose in a twisted way, the answer's yes. But that's not the focus on it now. It's still a 'point', because now it's a point for why they need to focus and get back into the game. (That, uh. Made more sense in my head?)
Also Id like to point out that you have admitted to blindly NKing zMuffin in another game despite him townreading your slot and are arguing that he was a scumkill here. :cool:
Yeah. My slot. SLOT. Not me. And Blind. As in, didn't even read the damn game to know he had a townread. But I feared him enough to not care. If I had read during the night, know what I'd have done? Killed him anyway, fully aware that whatever his read on me may have been? It was going to turn into a scumread.
And you scumread me in Anything Goes. "But AP I thought you were actually scum!!!"
Yes. Thus, was playing like town. If I'm scum and know you to be town, I need to SAY you are town. If I'm scum and
actually think you are scum
, then I don't. You're proving my point, not dismantling it. It's as if I was playing multiball. In multiball, all the rules of my scumplay (well,
almost
all of them) get thrown out the window, as I am legitimately scumhunting. I was legitimately scumhunting you. If I was town, I probably would have ultimately backed down rather than gladiate you, re-evaluating. As scum, knowing who else was scum, I somehow thought you had to be scum, somehow, so didn't.

You're basically trying to set up that no-win scenario; you want there to be in a scenario where you're right no matter what, and can push that angle no matter what. I forget the name of what it's called (it's an old thing on the wiki--Loaded Question?), but the principle is just as sound now as it was then. It is not a town player trying to reason with another; it is a scum player trying to dismantle an argument.
In post 4377, AngryPidgeon wrote:UNVOTE:
Has to be the shortest "not moving my vote from this player, ever" on record. :P
Red Gyarados
Red Gyarados
Goon
Red Gyarados
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4384 (ISO) » Thu May 01, 2014 11:58 am

Post by Red Gyarados »

In post 4368, AngryPidgeon wrote:He also tried to wagon me and I claimed before it got a huge amount of traction. But I think hes scum on that or someone who sheeped it fast was. Would have to look.
I don't remember the details of your wagon or how it built up (other than lol mastin), but I do remember you claiming when it started to build a huge head of steam.

Regarding motivation, I was referring to the hydra you replaced.
In post 4368, AngryPidgeon wrote:I think the mastin trajectory looks legit from him.
I've generally liked Orci this game and I thought the way he handled the Day 1 lynch was pretty townish. The person he chose to enter the cagefight was Ffery, someone who typically townreads first and doesn't look for blood right away. It's the perfect person to throw in there if you're looking for a lurker lynch or no lynch, especially if your goal is to sort people.

Notty's issue is the lack of reads/trajectories Day 1, as well as the people he chose to go into the cagefight. While I can see an issue with the former, the latter isn't something I agree with.

Regarding Mastin, I've been skimming it, but I've gotten some small townvibes from it and will have to look at it again later. Both Notty and I are actively avoiding doing any heavy analysis of Mastin and I think we're waiting for the other to cave in first. Chances are I'll end up being the one to take a good look at him.
In post 4368, AngryPidgeon wrote:Not that Im aware of. Bork did not seem to know that I had (although can easily be scum faking) and indicated that he had reason to -know- that I was roleblocked. Actually I still want to clarify that with Nacho cause he sort of dodged me bringing that topic up.
I'm really curious about this because I'm pretty sure you heavily implied that both of you should be aware of your 'investigative action.'
In post 4368, AngryPidgeon wrote:Is it just us in the hypothetical neighborhood? I'd still like that regardless.
Probably. Lord Business was also Tales of Hearts, but he gave up the no lynch like an idiot. At most I think there would be one or two more? A possible 5 person neighborhood is pretty crazy but the Tales of Xillia one was really small.
In post 4368, AngryPidgeon wrote:
Because Bork explicitly said something about me not receiving a result was consistent with his knowledge of the game state.
I.e. I think they could be a Mafia Ascetic or something and I was allowed to target them BECAUSE it would cause my role to fail and potentially make them look town in the process.
I remember seeing this part and not being sure what he meant. Kind of hard to tell with the limited information we have as there are a lot of possibilities as to what happened last night (with Mac being a rolestopping bodyguard and all).
In post 4369, Titan wrote:Brian - it doesn't matter if scum know what or where I am right now. Claiming had a potential upside and very little downside if he was scum as well.
Okay. It wasn't alignment indicative for me, I just thought it was weird. You two also have a QT all to yourselves, so it's no different from if it were a designed two-person neighborhood, in my opinion. And I'm also pretty sure the next time I claim to Desp in a neighborhood unprompted, he's going to tunnel the shit out of me.
In post 4369, Titan wrote:Also - I'm not town reading desp ro or ap, but I wouldn't really lynch either today, I guess anyway. I don't even remember making that post but the karate kid quote suggests wine was involved :p
Tbqh, I don't even know if you made that post to begin with. And I don't know what Karate Kid quote you're referring to. I don't quote movies so it can't be me.
In post 4372, Breakfast With Sandy wrote:I thought I did answer it sometime on day 1 but maybe not.

You coughed my direction a couple times in that wall. Did I miss other questions?
I don't think you did? Maybe. I don't remember.

And I don't remember if I asked you anything else. I just remembered that specific question and singled you out because I confronted Beli about it and I thought he'd point it out for you.

I'll continue my catch-up after I get home. It should be sometime tonight. A full reread isn't happening anytime soon.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #4385 (ISO) » Thu May 01, 2014 12:01 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 4382, Breakfast With Sandy wrote:AP I wrote you a fucking novel about my nachobork read. :/
Err, I guess I didn't have any follow up on that. I was wondering if you/Beli coollectively were interested in lynching them at all and I guess you aren't.

Your trajectory on that makes sense to me though.
MastinSSK
MastinSSK
Goon
MastinSSK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4386 (ISO) » Thu May 01, 2014 12:03 pm

Post by MastinSSK »

In post 4378, CarbonFiber wrote:You are writing her off as bad town consistently no matter how hard and prolonged the push has been today.
(One of the main reasons I've thought him scum.)
In post 4379, AngryPidgeon wrote:I think mastin looks pretty transparent this game.
Yeah, you do.

...Your posting says otherwise, though. Best phrasing I can think of is, "Like hell you do in-thread". As in, you-as-scum are telling the absolute truth about me being painfully fucking transparent in-thread, but your posting, out of necessity, has made it so that you can't take this stance fully in-thread.

Basically, you
say
I am, yet your attitude towards me says otherwise.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #4387 (ISO) » Thu May 01, 2014 12:10 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 4383, MastinSSK wrote:Yet we're in the top 5% of theme games ever played, page-wise.

And we're still climbing.
Yes and thats not pro-town. Stop it.
In post 4383, MastinSSK wrote:Yes, but still a scum pool all the same. My posting is more akin to how I'd expect a town-you to be handling a scumlist with those names.
I found this picture of you.

So what of those 6 Poe scumreads (Cupcake, Yggdra, Kagura, PV, F-16, Red Gary) doesn't make sense? Cause I know at least 3 of those make a ton of sense from my previous content yet you ignored that.
In post 4383, MastinSSK wrote:Wut. Like. You're using a completely and entirely random post. You'd vote me, especially if emotional. It wouldn't be on policy, nor would it be a proper policy-lynch. (There's a difference between voting and advocating the lynch of a player.)
:?
In post 4383, MastinSSK wrote:Yes. Thus, was playing like town. If I'm scum and know you to be town, I need to SAY you are town. If I'm scum and actually think you are scum, then I don't. You're proving my point, not dismantling i
No I think I did just prove that your statement that you dont scumread me as scum ever is either a blatant lie. You have been arguing that you DONT scumread me as scum which is a lie.
In post 4383, MastinSSK wrote:Killed him anyway, fully aware that whatever his read on me may have been? It was going to turn into a scumread.
Just saying, you conveniently forgot to bring up that you-scum has 100% motivation to scum kill RBD in this game.
CarbonFiber
CarbonFiber
Mafia Scum
CarbonFiber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4388 (ISO) » Thu May 01, 2014 12:10 pm

Post by CarbonFiber »

In post 4379, AngryPidgeon wrote:Except that you pretty actively refused to talk to me (and admittedly so) so you cant play this card that you are surprised I dont find you transparent. All I've seen from you is talking backandforth with Tammy and never updating your reads on anybody. You've actually admitted to having precisely 3 scumreads all game afaict (Me, mastin, RBD) and your townreads have been fairly static as well (the neighborhood and Tammy mostly).

RBD got upset because they asked you for pages to explain your scumreads and they kept getting upset that you WERENT and I agree with their take on that. So I really would not hold that you are transparent and I mean I guess I can see you thinking you are since everyone should be transparent to themself >.>. I think mastin looks pretty transparent this game.
I am strongly townreading Yggdra, Titan, and JSU, and to a lesser extent PV, Cupcake and Fox. I also have a weaker townreads on Orc and Breakfast but they are still solidifying. That leaves RG, Kagura, Clyton, Mastin, and you. And I think RBD was scum. Yeah, my reads have been more static than usual but that's just the way it has been this game.

My scumread on RBD was influenced by having a miller role and knowing that they claimed our role which was part of the reason I didn't have that much of an explanation for why I was scumreading them. I also thought their play was scummy but it is a matter of opinion. It seemed like their play was geared more towards creating apathy than genuinely trying to figure out the game. I went back and forth with Breakfast about this multiple times but they still seem to disagree.
In post 4379, AngryPidgeon wrote:Wow, I really am going to just heave this computer right out the window. Why should I scumread mastin just because she is pushing me? That is what you are actually admitting to doing on me I suppose, but wow. Being wrong is not a scumtell and I really think mastin has been fairly transparent, I mean shes basically using the thread as her personal blog which is anti-town and obnoxious, but it makes her feel really genuine.

Ok lets try this then. What are you still hoping to accomplish today / what has been accomplished today? Your reads seem 100% unchanged from halfway through D1. Mastin is a revolving door. Ffery is still waffling but has downgraded Bork to somewhere still above the lynch line. Why no vote?
I need to think more on my Mastin read but I am not seeing the blogging as something Mastin can't fake. I felt Mastin's initial attack on me was incredibly manipulative and scummy and that feeling still hasn't gone away but I am not as sure as I was before.

As to what I hope to accomplish, I want all my townreads to get on the same page and agree on lynching someone that we genuinely all agree is scum, and preferably not have a repeat of D1 with bad deadline wagons.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #4389 (ISO) » Thu May 01, 2014 12:14 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 4384, Red Gyarados wrote:I'm really curious about this because I'm pretty sure you heavily implied that both of you should be aware of your 'investigative action.'
If I did, it was only because I was still defaulting to thinking they were scum and would therefore know.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #4390 (ISO) » Thu May 01, 2014 12:20 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 4388, CarbonFiber wrote:As to what I hope to accomplish, I want all my townreads to get on the same page and agree on lynching someone that we genuinely all agree is scum, and preferably not have a repeat of D1 with bad deadline wagons.
Im gonna be as straight as I possibly can be (which takes effort considering how
fabulous
gay I am): these goals are highly mutually exclusive, as evidenced by yesterday.
In post 4388, CarbonFiber wrote:extent PV, Cupcake
Why are these townreads? PV I can almost see. His frustration with mastin at places made me waver on my read a bit (although Im concerned I just WANT to agree with it). I havent read too much of PV v Tammy in depth Today although I dont see why PV would necessarily stick his neck out like that if he didn't have to.

Panda though? Why panda?
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #4391 (ISO) » Thu May 01, 2014 12:48 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 4280, AngryPidgeon wrote:Ok, maybe this is why I want to see your progression mastin more transparently cause TBH I feel like the hydra was 90% Bork and I never caught any wind of him wanting to vote mastin.
Confirmation bias: using fairly innocuous quotes to fuel a conclusion you already have.
Are you concerned about the strength and switch of my trajectory on mastin? Because that's a different thing entirely and has nothing to do with confirmation bias.
In post 4280, AngryPidgeon wrote:Do you think mastin could have said that as town is what Im getitng at, I get the potential scum-motivation/scumminess behind it, but I can see it being from town, especially considering the level of derp mastin is determined to play at right now.
For me to buy that this is coming from mastin-town, I would have to buy that mastin, constantly and reanalyzing and reading posts and apparently playing at the top of his towngame goes from unshakeable town to scum on me when I imply he might possibly be scum (even though it was mentioned that I was considering him as scum earlier in the game but he somehow missed it) because he believes there is either a town!Nacho that reads him right or a scum!Nacho that reads him wrong, and his thinking wrt that is completely binary.

I don't think Mastin-town reads me in a way that 1) isn't exactly correct (I haven't a great track record reading him as of late, for one), and 2) is so simplistic and has so much scumvantage in it. Mastin knows me well as a player, and one of the greatest flaws in my towngame is when I'm feeling too much pressure to read a townie as town: I'm less liable to push them as scum even if I'm getting strange feels from the slot because I don't want to be wrong. He's trying to back me into that corner as we speak: he talks about how town-Nacho would try to work with him and figure out his alignment as opposed to put him closer to death as his head's on the chopping block and votes me because supposedly that isn't happening, but my vote isn't on him. His vote is on me. I'm still engaging him. He's going on rants about dreams he had last night.
In post 4292, MastinSSK wrote:Who here isn't willing to lynch me?

Be honest, think about that for a bit, and tell me. Is there so much as a single player here, alive, who isn't?
Do you think your scumbuddies would risk themselves to defend you at this point? I don't.
In post 4292, MastinSSK wrote:My constant posting isn't a scumtell; if anything, it's a towntell. Lurking isn't a scumtell for me, but it is still my overall preferred scum tactic, since I love to watch town fights develop.
No, this is bad.
Posting a lot is a towntell for players who are constantly nervous as scum, who are constantly hiding, who feel they have no power in manipulating anyone and who feel they have no sway in the overall tide. You aren't that type of player, and everyone knows you aren't that type of player. Do you really think that I'm going to buy that you posting a bunch is a towntell when we pretty much destroyed effort =/= town together a very very long time ago?
In post 4292, MastinSSK wrote:Bullfuckingshit you expressed concern and made interacting with me your number one priority. You've done shit. Absolute zero fucking shit. To actually communicate with me and work with me. Your mindset isn't doubting-but-hoping. Or figuring out. Or scumreading me, even. Your mindset is throwing a read out there, and hoping nobody calls you out on it. There is no pattern behind it. There is no hints. Nothing. Except that sudden read which goes against every fucking aspect of what I know a town-Nacho sees in me. Because the very damn things you're saying aren't there are THE VERY FUCKING THINGS THAT THE REST OF THE TOWN HAS NOTED AS BEING PRESENT AND SCUMREAD ME FOR.
I suppose all of this posting is not trying to figure you out.
I suppose all of this posting with me still not voting you and still not grinding your lynch into the ground is me not talking to you.
And I suppose making all of my posts about you and my scumread on you is hoping nobody calls me out for my read on you, hoping somehow that no one notices and no one cares.
You can keep repeating "Nacho isn't trying to figure me out, Nacho isn't trying to figure me out", but saying that in the face of ME FIGURING YOU OUT is obviously going to fall flat.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #4392 (ISO) » Thu May 01, 2014 12:50 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

And to accusations of hiding?

UNIVERSAL ANNOUNCEMENT TO ALL PLAYERS OF THE TALES OF YOU UPICK GAME, UNIVERSAL ANNOUNCEMENT VERY IMPORTANT!!!!!

NACHO IS SCUMREADING MASTIN. HE THINKS SHE IS SCUM. HE WANTS HER TO DIE.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #4393 (ISO) » Thu May 01, 2014 12:52 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 4292, MastinSSK wrote:I'm fully aware that in a 1v1 against you, I'll lose.
But I'm going to make DAMN sure.
DAMN FUCKING SURE.

That you don't get away with it.
(if you were town and felt you were obvious town, you wouldn't feel this way. you would feel like you had just found scum-Nacho running out from his comfortable safety net from an obvtown position, and you would make it your singular goal to take me down and make yourself obvious town in everyone's eyes as a result.)

Titan
Titan
Mafia Scum
Titan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4394 (ISO) » Thu May 01, 2014 12:54 pm

Post by Titan »

nacho nacho nacho
can't you see
sometimes your words just hypnotize me
Half troll/Half wall.

I'm (Arthur) the wall. Don't let Tammy fool you. She trolls you w/o you even knowing! It's like you're in a constant state on mindfuck. RUN WHILE YOU CAN.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #4395 (ISO) » Thu May 01, 2014 12:55 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 4391, Nachomamma8 wrote:Are you concerned about the strength and switch of my trajectory on mastin? Because that's a different thing entirely and has nothing to do with confirmation bias.
Uh I suppose so. You looked like you were already scumreading mastin and then she dropped that bomb about you being scum for not townreading her and you were quick to call that scum motivated.
In post 4391, Nachomamma8 wrote:because he believes there is either a town!Nacho that reads him right or a scum!Nacho that reads him wrong, and his thinking wrt that is completely binary.
Yes? Mastin has been pretty egotistical this game. I think half the reason shes scumreading me is because she cant admit to herself that Im being 100% honest about finding her play atrocious (and here Rg is supposed to be the atrocious pokemon) so shes just somehow convinced herself I must be scum in order to feel better about herself. I really do think that is a thing that is happening. Mastin will deny it, but thats part of the whole denial approach she seems to be stuck in this game.

p-edit: :shifty:
Titan
Titan
Mafia Scum
Titan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4396 (ISO) » Thu May 01, 2014 12:56 pm

Post by Titan »

I barely slept last night. I blame people on Skype.

I'm entering my delirious stage.
Half troll/Half wall.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #4397 (ISO) » Thu May 01, 2014 12:58 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 4298, MastinSSK wrote:And entering into a 1v1 fight against Nacho? IS THE POLAR FUCKING OPPOSITE OF THAT.
You didn't plan to enter a 1v1 fight against me.
You were hoping to fake a paranoid attack on me, and you thought you could get away with it because you thought I would be lazy, you thought I was getting a little paranoid with the unshakeable townread where others had doubts, and you thought all you had to do in order to shake that paranoia was fake some yourself.
You were wrong. But you're in too deep to save yourself now, so now all you have to do is act like you wouldn't commit suicide like you're supposedly doing now and hope everyone somehow forgets that scum-Mastin on the ropes will do anything to save herself, just like scum Nacho would.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #4398 (ISO) » Thu May 01, 2014 1:04 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 4395, AngryPidgeon wrote:Yes? Mastin has been pretty egotistical this game. I think half the reason shes scumreading me is because she cant admit to herself that Im being 100% honest about finding her play atrocious (and here Rg is supposed to be the atrocious pokemon) so shes just somehow convinced herself I must be scum in order to feel better about herself. I really do think that is a thing that is happening. Mastin will deny it, but thats part of the whole denial approach she seems to be stuck in this game.
Has there ever been a game where mastin, as engaged town, has really been so lost in herself while simultaneously attempting to keep everyone else's egos in check? I have trouble imagining her not making ego checks every once in a while when she says things like what she said to BRO earlier.

AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #4399 (ISO) » Thu May 01, 2014 1:04 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 4391, Nachomamma8 wrote:He's trying to back me into that corner as we speak: he talks about how town-Nacho would try to work with him and figure out his alignment as opposed to put him closer to death as his head's on the chopping block and votes me because supposedly that isn't happening, but my vote isn't on him. His vote is on me. I'm still engaging him. He's going on rants about dreams he had last night.
Is that scummy though? Ranting about peripheral nonsense in the thread isn't exactly a scumtell and I really really -can- see Mastin thinking this way as town. I'll give you that yes it CAN be scum motivated, but I dont think there is any reason to assume that is the case or the only case. What recent things make you think this is just blatant bulllshit from mastin?
In post 4391, Nachomamma8 wrote:Do you really think that I'm going to buy that you posting a bunch is a towntell when we pretty much destroyed effort =/= town together a very very long time ago?
Meh, can't really argue this. I think mastin is imploding.
In post 4397, Nachomamma8 wrote:You were hoping to fake a paranoid attack on me, and you thought you could get away with it because you thought I would be lazy, you thought I was getting a little paranoid with the unshakeable townread where others had doubts, and you thought all you had to do in order to shake that paranoia was fake some yourself.
Huh. This really did come right on cue after a few people started posting doubt about their Kagura reads. IDK.

Nacho, why did you roleblock me last night?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”