CarbonFiber
CarbonFiber
Mafia Scum
CarbonFiber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4175 (ISO) » Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:46 pm

Post by CarbonFiber »

In post 4174, Breakfast With Sandy wrote:Hah! I still don't have any real scumreads except Mastin.

Nacho's still slipping into the null category, but more or less, yeah.

My biggest concern right now is "who is the snake in the grass in my strong town reads?" but (as Ffery mentioned earlier) it's kind of hard to work that out with all of the Mastin/AP cockwaving going on and bugger all else and I've got a serious case of wtfdoidoitis. (Not blaming that on the noise this game, though, that's all me. I seem to go through it for at least a while in every Large I play in.)
Okay. You guys's read on Mastin was something you disagreed with for a large part of D1 and D2. Are you making any progress in your discussion?

Who are the people that you would be willing to lynch come deadline? This is more so we don't have crazy flashwagons the day of the deadline.
Breakfast With Sandy
Breakfast With Sandy
Goon
Breakfast With Sandy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4176 (ISO) » Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:07 pm

Post by Breakfast With Sandy »

In post 4169, Just Sheep Us wrote:This post is terrifying inside my head.

Holy shit.

Like, I can't even.

Anyone who calls F-16 town is either scum or in my "ignore this" book for the rest of the game.
Is this a revelation?
User formerly known as Sc*mf*ck.
Hydra of fferylt and Belisarius; clever signature line to be decided later
Breakfast With Sandy
Breakfast With Sandy
Goon
Breakfast With Sandy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4177 (ISO) » Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:08 pm

In post 4175, CarbonFiber wrote:
In post 4174, Breakfast With Sandy wrote:Hah! I still don't have any real scumreads except Mastin.

My biggest concern right now is "who is the snake in the grass in my strong town reads?" but (as Ffery mentioned earlier) it's kind of hard to work that out with all of the Mastin/AP cockwaving going on and bugger all else and I've got a serious case of wtfdoidoitis. (Not blaming that on the noise this game, though, that's all me. I seem to go through it for at least a while in every Large I play in.)
Okay. You guys's read on Mastin was something you disagreed with for a large part of D1 and D2. Are you making any progress in your discussion?

Who are the people that you would be willing to lynch come deadline? This is more so we don't have crazy flashwagons the day of the deadline.
I feel like a bomb just went off in the middle of the dinner table and you're passing the gravy here.
CarbonFiber
CarbonFiber
Mafia Scum
CarbonFiber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4178 (ISO) » Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:11 pm

Post by CarbonFiber »

Are you referring to Mastin's series of 100 walls as the metaphorical bomb here?
MastinSSK
MastinSSK
Goon
MastinSSK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4179 (ISO) » Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:12 pm

Post by MastinSSK »

Shit.
In post 4159, MastinSSK wrote:Oh! Just realized. Answer would be in my hydra QT, since I pointed out to SSK the 'crumb at the time. (I think anyway.) I get the time of my post, I get the approximate time of the catch. Don't have access to my QT until I'm at home, though, so that'll have to wait ~6 hours for me to dig up. (No promises of results, though.)
Did this, and checked. The note in the QT exists...three days after the in-thread post, on the twenty-first rather than the eighteenth.

It's possible I posted it privately, in chat logs (in fact, I'm almost certain I did--I'm ABSOLUTELY positive "Red Gyarados is a vig" came up IN chat logs, it's just a matter of whether it was the first mention of it or not), but if so, said chat logs have since been lost, and thus, what time and day I picked up on it is also gone. :/
In post 4164, CarbonFiber wrote:I found your response to my last wall lacking in depth. You say you want to figure out the game. Why aren't you doing so? I asked you what about my stances weren't clear but you didn't point to any specifics and it is coming off like you are trying to dismiss my pushes rather than understand them due to the lack of follow up. I also wanted to know what your issues with the game are right now and how you intend to resolve them. In particular, I asked how they make sense with your stance on Rancid. Your short response feels like brushing aside my questions and a large part of my wall rather than addressing them. Also, when is Beli going to show up? I want to talk to him about his reads.

Regarding PV's "townslip
:" We originally started off our neighborhood in a QT. Cabd then closed it and changed it to a Private thread about halfway through D1. I assume that the scum too had a QT to begin with which later changed to a Private thread. I am not sure how this affects PV's "townslip."
You know, F-16.

If you weren't so determined to scumread me. (Again.)

You and I would actually be working together on things like this. (Again.)

'Cause both of these? Are things that I JUST said.
In post 4168, CarbonFiber wrote:I don't like Mastin talking about "this is what a scum-me would do" etc, but her attack on Nacho gave me pause.
No, no. "This is what a scum me DOES". It's a subtle difference, but it's a vital one. One's rambling, with a side of boasting, and any tactical advantage gained would be trivial compared to the insight into my mind, there as a mere after-thought. The other's serving a specific goal (often ranting), with a tactical goal as the central focus.
In post 4169, Just Sheep Us wrote:Anyone who calls F-16 scum is either scum or in my "ignore this" book for the rest of the game.
(I made a correction, since I assume this is what you meant to say.) Well, yeah. Problem is, I can't think of anyone who has. Can you? I'd listen,
quite
intently.
In post 4171, Just Sheep Us wrote:This convo re: p5 is dumb because p5 has been pretty obvtown by gamestate since he was the obvious scum-designated mislynch.
Assume Rancid town.
Assume me town.

Who's the scum on the supposedly scum-designated mislynch then?
(Okay. AP. Fair point. But that wagon peaked at six, from my memory. Who else? Just the one?)
Breakfast With Sandy
Breakfast With Sandy
Goon
Breakfast With Sandy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4180 (ISO) » Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:15 pm

In post 4178, CarbonFiber wrote:Are you referring to Mastin's series of 100 walls as the metaphorical bomb here?
I'm referring to BRO's

I'm terrible at detecting sarcasm in text. Was that sarcasm?
CarbonFiber
CarbonFiber
Mafia Scum
CarbonFiber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4181 (ISO) » Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:19 pm

Post by CarbonFiber »

In post 4180, Breakfast With Sandy wrote:
In post 4178, CarbonFiber wrote:Are you referring to Mastin's series of 100 walls as the metaphorical bomb here?
I'm referring to BRO's

Pretty sure it is a typo. If not, then BRO and I have a lot of talking to do.
MastinSSK
MastinSSK
Goon
MastinSSK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4182 (ISO) » Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:20 pm

Post by MastinSSK »

In post 4177, Breakfast With Sandy wrote:

I feel like a bomb just went off in the middle of the dinner table and you're passing the gravy here.
I also can't help but note the lack of answering going on, here. They're pursuing something that is an obvious dead-end (of course BRO meant F-16 is town), and be it through coincidence or design (depending on alignment), that stalls the answering of F-16's questions. (I lean towards scum.)
Just Sheep Us
Just Sheep Us
Goon
Just Sheep Us
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4183 (ISO) » Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:22 pm

Post by Just Sheep Us »

Holy shit dat typo.

CF is town. Apparently "isn't" is hard to type :/
Just Sheep Us
Just Sheep Us
Goon
Just Sheep Us
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4184 (ISO) » Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:23 pm

Post by Just Sheep Us »

In post 4181, CarbonFiber wrote:
I'm referring to BRO's

Gonna quote this to make it more clear what I'm referring to.
Breakfast With Sandy
Breakfast With Sandy
Goon
Breakfast With Sandy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4185 (ISO) » Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:23 pm

In post 4181, CarbonFiber wrote:
I'm referring to BRO's

:(

Reading that post was like experiencing an instantaneous axial tilt, like every pattern in the sky jerked into incomprehensibility.
MastinSSK
MastinSSK
Goon
MastinSSK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4186 (ISO) » Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:25 pm

Post by MastinSSK »

I feel like an alt.

Like, when I'm playing on my main, I have a reputation that precedes me, even if I don't want it to. People listen to me, even when I tell them not to. People pay attention to me, regardless of whether that's a good or bad idea to do.

On an alt, I don't have that reputation, even if it's sometimes convenient for me to have one. People don't listen to me, which can occasionally be frustrating but is mostly relaxing. People don't really pay attention to me, because I'm just some random scummer. (And, yes, I do speak from experience; I have a large number of alts. I don't use most of them, but I've created something like a dozen, maybe more. Let's just say that a scummer who's never played with me at all is under suspicion of being me, if they don't play newbie games as a newbie.)

...And while I realize a hydra technically isn't a main, well...it's close enough where people should be doing that listening, but they're glazing over me. >_<
Breakfast With Sandy
Breakfast With Sandy
Goon
Breakfast With Sandy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4187 (ISO) » Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:26 pm

In post 4182, MastinSSK wrote:
In post 4177, Breakfast With Sandy wrote:

I also can't help but note the lack of answering going on, here. They're pursuing something that is an obvious dead-end (of course BRO meant F-16 is town), and be it through coincidence or design (depending on alignment), that stalls the answering of F-16's questions. (I lean towards scum.)
He was talking to Beli, not me.
MastinSSK
MastinSSK
Goon
MastinSSK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4188 (ISO) » Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:27 pm

Post by MastinSSK »

In post 4185, Breakfast With Sandy wrote:Reading that post was like experiencing an instantaneous axial tilt, like every pattern in the sky jerked into incomprehensibility.
So now that you're not distracted by DesBRO, you can answer F-16's questions with your full gaze.
Breakfast With Sandy
Breakfast With Sandy
Goon
Breakfast With Sandy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4189 (ISO) » Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:30 pm

In post 4188, MastinSSK wrote:
In post 4185, Breakfast With Sandy wrote:Reading that post was like experiencing an instantaneous axial tilt, like every pattern in the sky jerked into incomprehensibility.
So now that you're not distracted by DesBRO, you can answer F-16's questions with your full gaze.
Your opportunistic sticking of oars in is noted.

Is it a perverse pleasure of some sort to post crap like this at me every time I've tried to do a reset and look for town reasoning in your posts?
MastinSSK
MastinSSK
Goon
MastinSSK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4190 (ISO) » Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:37 pm

Post by MastinSSK »

Of course nobody's going to actually listen to this, but this grumbling, groaning, and whining has been going on for a while, so I might as well make my feelings on the subject known:
When it comes to things about other players? Read my damn posts.

Don't assign an alignment to my posting! In fact. Drop me being town or scum. Just read them. Don't skim them, either. I'm far from the worst waller this game, even if I'm the most consistent poster, so you can read the posts. Read what they're saying.
A-da-da-da-da-da!
No!
You're already assigning an alignment to them when reading.
Stop.

Take a step back. Breathe. Remove that bias. Don't let it in. Continue reading.

Alright, good? Now read the points they make. The points they make not visible on the surface? Dig behind the literal to find the thought process behind them.
Hey!
No assigning alignment!
You can still track thought processes and do it without attaching an alignment. It's not the standard (typically, you work with running both alignments' thought processes simultaneously), but it's something which can be done. Basically, pick up on the subtext of the points, and what the points are saying without having been said.

And track those.
See something?

...A lot of them are points others have made. Except I made them first. And nobody bothered to pay attention to them. Points I've made. Concerns I've raised. Questions I've asked. That others have brought out...after I brought them out first. So if you're actually listening to my post, here...
...Listen to my damn posting. Don't brush it off. Don't ignore it. There's content. There's good stuff in there. Sure, yeah, there's noise, but the noise is in the minority, not the majority. Sure, yeah, there's repetition, but I'm trying to cut back on that and if need be you can simply skip over things you think to be the exact same point said a different time. And track things that way.

You'll realize what I'm talking about.

...Or you could just assign me a scum role card I don't have and assume that I predicted the points before they were made by town players, and am milking the credit from them.
Breakfast With Sandy
Breakfast With Sandy
Goon
Breakfast With Sandy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4191 (ISO) » Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:37 pm

So do you want our consolidated thoughts here? I thought you were either asking for Beli's thoughts, or you were asking us about our consensus here.

For myself, I'm willing to lynch Mastin come deadline. Not so much AP based on BRO's take, though I have reservations about AP and his predecessors.

Do you have anything you can share about where bork and nacho have been leaning, what their reads are, etc?

I feel like that slot just got a lot more murky as far as what their thoughts are. I think I posted a little about this earlier.
Titan
Titan
Mafia Scum
Titan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4192 (ISO) » Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:39 pm

Post by Titan »

Half troll/Half wall.

I'm (Arthur) the wall. Don't let Tammy fool you. She trolls you w/o you even knowing! It's like you're in a constant state on mindfuck. RUN WHILE YOU CAN.
MastinSSK
MastinSSK
Goon
MastinSSK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4193 (ISO) » Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:42 pm

Post by MastinSSK »

In post 4189, Breakfast With Sandy wrote:Your opportunistic sticking of oars in is noted.
You call it opportunism. I call it scumhunting a player I have been, am, and continue to be, concerned about. For instance, F-16's questions in 4175 might have been quoting Beli, but that doesn't mean that it's to Beli specifically. That is the kind of question that can--and quite frankly, SHOULD--be answered by both heads. Yet you continue to go elsewhere.
Is it a perverse pleasure of some sort to post crap like this at me every time I've tried to do a reset and look for town reasoning in your posts?
File that under the list of differences between a town me and a scum me. A scum me is a sadist. A town me is a masochist. :P

(But seriously. I don't give a damn about your read on me; I give a damn about
your
alignment.)
Breakfast With Sandy
Breakfast With Sandy
Goon
Breakfast With Sandy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4194 (ISO) » Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:43 pm

Then take your own goddamn advice about confbias.
Titan
Titan
Mafia Scum
Titan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4195 (ISO) » Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:46 pm

Post by Titan »

In post 4194, Breakfast With Sandy wrote:Then take your own goddamn advice about confbias.

I feel like this is one of those things empire would point out to me after the game and say it came from a town ffery.

I'm still learning, but I feel like it's one of them.
Half troll/Half wall.

I'm (Arthur) the wall. Don't let Tammy fool you. She trolls you w/o you even knowing! It's like you're in a constant state on mindfuck. RUN WHILE YOU CAN.
MastinSSK
MastinSSK
Goon
MastinSSK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4196 (ISO) » Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:50 pm

Post by MastinSSK »

...Well, then.
In post 4191, Breakfast With Sandy wrote:For myself, I'm willing to lynch Mastin come deadline. Not so much AP based on BRO's take, though I have reservations about AP and his predecessors.
And why doesn't this apply to other players? Literally every dead town player this game (with all of them having extensive history, most of it fairly solid) has had me as a townread. Desperado had a scumread on AP, too, and so have many other players you trust. Plus, among those scumreading AP is myself, and that is
not
something insignificant. (For the record, I don't think I've ever pushed AP as being scum when I was scum. Aside from the legitimate scumread, that is. I've always taken the "he's town" approach.)
I feel like that slot just got a lot more murky as far as what their thoughts are. I think I posted a little about this earlier.
I also commented on this earlier, yet you didn't comment on my thoughts, there. Why not?
Hey, I remember having that exact text description and prompt in one of the first games I ever played.
Breakfast With Sandy
Breakfast With Sandy
Goon
Breakfast With Sandy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4197 (ISO) » Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:53 pm

In post 4196, MastinSSK wrote:I also commented on this earlier, yet you didn't comment on my thoughts, there. Why not?
because I want nothing to do with you this game day. I don't want to talk to you. I don't want to interact with you at all.
Just Sheep Us
Just Sheep Us
Goon
Just Sheep Us
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4198 (ISO) » Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:58 pm

Post by Just Sheep Us »

uh???

all i want is one name, ffery. one scumread.
Breakfast With Sandy
Breakfast With Sandy
Goon
Breakfast With Sandy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4199 (ISO) » Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:59 pm

In post 4198, Just Sheep Us wrote:uh???

all i want is one name, ffery. one scumread.
You just got one.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”