Yulia Jue
Goon
Yulia Jue
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4050 (ISO) » Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:45 pm

Post by Yulia Jue »

Votecount 2-8 (Unchanged from 2-7)

With 14 players alive, it will take 8 votes to lynch or nolynch.

Angry Pidgeon (1): MastinSSK
MastinSSK (4): Just Sheep Us, PeregrineV, Yggdra Union, orcinus_theoriginal
Breakfast With Stalin (1): CupcakePanda
Kagura (2): Titan, Red Gyarados
CupcakePanda (1): The Fox and the Hound

Not Voting (5): Kagura, AngryPidgeon, Carbon Fiber, Clyton, Breakfast With Stalin

Mod Notes:
~AP is V/LA for negative one bazillion days.
~PV is V/LA until the night of the 28th
~Kagura is V/LA until the night of the 30th
~MastinSSK will be V/LA from the 2nd to the 4th
~CarbonFiber has potential VLA for the first two weeks of April

~I had to prod and that makes me the sads

With 14 players alive, deadline is set for 15 days: (expired on 2014-05-07 22:26:21)
Last edited by Yulia Jue on Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #4051 (ISO) » Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:47 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

hi guys.

I'm on a plane. And coming home today. I'm really hoping work goes smoothly the next couple days but I really need to give that attention for a couple days. I'll be around later tonight to make some points on recent posts. Hopefully can read while flying although my mind just feels like stew atm.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #4052 (ISO) » Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:47 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 4050, Yulia Jue wrote:I mean I guess i'll take this one too, why the fuck not. Not like you people are changing votes since the last one but eh?
This is probably scum tbh.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #4053 (ISO) » Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:56 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 4032, Yggdra Union wrote:And governor is a town role.
Uhhh.
Yggdra Union
Yggdra Union
Goon
Yggdra Union
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4054 (ISO) » Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:00 pm

Post by Yggdra Union »

Scum gov sounds like kinda OP.
O valkyrie of the doomed rebellion... In the depths of despair, sing us to victory.

Nirvana, Goddess of Battle. Revolution!

Hydra of Aegina, Luciana, and Yggdra.
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4055 (ISO) » Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:04 pm

Post by orcinus_theoriginal »

In post 4054, Yggdra Union wrote:Scum gov sounds like kinda OP.
let's not tell him
We are lazy people on an adventure, flirting with life but too shy to go all the way.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #4056 (ISO) » Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:11 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 4035, Titan wrote:
In post 4032, Yggdra Union wrote:And governor is a town role.

Hi! Cabd game, there's more to it than x is a town role.

I've been a scum self-governor, and mattp was a scum self governor in Baltomeet.
You weren't in Baltimore meet game. Stalker!

And Axxle was a town self governor in Reckoning conversely :p
Breakfast With Sandy
Breakfast With Sandy
Goon
Breakfast With Sandy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4057 (ISO) » Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:11 pm

Post by Breakfast With Sandy »

orcinus how caught up are you?
User formerly known as Sc*mf*ck.
Hydra of fferylt and Belisarius; clever signature line to be decided later
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #4058 (ISO) » Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:20 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

VOTE: kagura

For now. Mastin still looks toen if I ignore my crippling paranoia. Orcinus argument with mastin looks upset in a town way. Like I'm following his train of thought and emotionally it resonates.

Yggdra is null leaning towards "uh how the he'll are ppl townreading them?". I disliked the writing orci off as town for a claim when people jg Ave been talking all game about how roles do not mean anything in this game
CarbonFiber
CarbonFiber
Mafia Scum
CarbonFiber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4059 (ISO) » Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:22 pm

Post by CarbonFiber »

Okay,
here's why I think BRO is town
:

- Consider the amount of emotional involvement that BRO has had in the game versus Wicked. Once he and Desp got themselves involved and placed that vote on Rancid, we were dealing with a very tense gamestate and BRO's personal involvement in the game was incredibly high. This was compounded when Rancid were insulting BRO every step of the way. I think the insults furthered the amount of emotional investment that he had in the game and the more they insulted him, the more personally involved he got into getting them lynched. This isn't unusual. When someone is kind and friendly, but a player thinks that they are scum, that player wouldn't be as desperate to get their opponent lynched and they'd be less angry if their opponent got away. What Rancid did in the game was heighten tensions between them and BRO. They trash-talked, insulted BRO's posting, tried to rile him up, took digs at him, challenged him to a gladiator match, sized him up etc. There was really no end to what they did on D1 and you know how Muffin gets when he really wants to rile someone up. I think that BRO reacted to this by getting even more invested in their lynch and wanted them lynched very, very badly.

- This level of investment doesn't happen very often and the way Mala and Cabd/Penguin persued him in Wicked was markedly different for these reasons. Penguin even told me later that she wanted to work with BRO and had that happened, she would have chosen to neighborize him N1. Malakittens didn't bait BRO, she didn't insult his posting and make him badly, desperately want her dead. She played a fair game and won. Considering that, I wouldn't expect BRO to have the same fury at being lynched in place of his target during Wicked. He was lynched by players that genuinely liked him and cared about him and went about it in a decent way. While he was frustrated, it is not to the extent that it was here.

- Now onto the mechanics of how the lynch happened. BRO-Desp, Pie, and I were pushing the wagon on Rancid and it seemed likely that it would go through. At least upon Pie's replacement, the likelihood of a Rancid lynch magnified. This gave BRO
hope
that they would be lynched. The wagon stalled at times, and I could sort of sense BRO metaphorically drumming his fingers on the table waiting for the lynch to be pushed through at deadline. It was by no means a guarantee, but there was a good chance it would go through and I think BRO was waiting on tenterhooks for it to happen. It was almost assured that he, BRO, wouldn't be lynched. It was either going to be his choice of lynch (Rancid), or a lynch he would prefer not to happen (a lurker), and that was the dichotomy that BRO was looking at. Nacho came in and starting shaking the wagons around just when momentum on the Rancid wagon was stalling and I could tell some of the hope was lost and the disappointment started to etch through like a crash after a sugar high. It became apparent that he would fail and all the work was for nothing. I think anyone would be disappointed and upset.

- From that emotional state, I think the final straw that broke down BRO was the sudden flashwagon on his slot at deadline. So, here we had BRO pushing the Rancid wagon by slowly working through obstacles to finally get this lynch through, and all of sudden, it seems not only is his adversary getting away, but he himself was being wagoned with no resistance at all. It was an astonishing sight to watch from the outside and I can see why BRO who was the target would meltdown at that point. After all the insults from Rancid, the sizing up, the dick-measuring, everything, and he, BRO is target of a dumb deadline wagon that some people hopped onto without a care in the world. This wasn't the case in Wicked. He was battling a worthy opponent (Malakittens) and she won fairly. There was frustration if you read the Wicked thread closely. BRO was annoyed. Just not as much as he was here.

- Look at it from a scum POV: there is no way BRO as scum is this invested in getting a lynch. He wants to survive sure, but the burning desire for Rancid to die and the constant and consistent efforts to make it happen is highly unlikely to come from scum. This is most of what I was referring to from the neighborhood. It is apparent that BRO wants Mastin and Rancid both lynched with an intensity that I've rarely encountered before. He didn't meltdown because he cared about surviving as scum. I think he melted down because his efforts were not only ignored, but at a very, very crucial, critical point when he was losing hope in achieving his goal, the wagon, almost unbelievably turned right at him and it was no longer a question of whether he could get Rancid lynched but of whether Rancid could get
him
lynched.

- I totally agree that his reaction to being run up is vastly different from Wicked. I think a combination of circumstances account for this difference as opposed to BRO's alignment being different. Your logic makes sense: It is true that he said he cares more about being lynched as scum, and he cared more here than he did in his last towngame. One thing I really love about your scumhunting is that you are empathetic enough to understand how others are feeling and if you put yourself in BRO's place with all that he had to endure in this game, realize what he wants, and what his goals are, you'll see why he reacted in such a different way than he did in Wicked.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #4060 (ISO) » Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:24 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Note to self: read 167 bro posts
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #4061 (ISO) » Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:40 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

I really am not buying that f16 thinks tunneling and omgusing are a reason to strongly town read someone either.
Yggdra Union
Yggdra Union
Goon
Yggdra Union
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4062 (ISO) » Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:45 pm

Post by Yggdra Union »

In post 4058, AngryPidgeon wrote:VOTE: kagura

For now. Mastin still looks toen if I ignore my crippling paranoia. Orcinus argument with mastin looks upset in a town way. Like I'm following his train of thought and emotionally it resonates.

Yggdra is null leaning towards "uh how the he'll are ppl townreading them?". I disliked the writing orci off as town for a claim when people jg Ave been talking all game about how roles do not mean anything in this game
Dunno. First you just put me in Image pile for "doing nothing" during my V/LA period and then you go "how are ppl townreading them" for doing my own thing.
Maybe you should try reading our longer posts.
O valkyrie of the doomed rebellion... In the depths of despair, sing us to victory.

Clyton
Clyton
Goon
Clyton
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4063 (ISO) » Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:48 pm

Post by Clyton »

In post 3731, PeregrineV wrote:
In post 3726, Clyton wrote:
In post 3725, PeregrineV wrote:Other than Mastin waxing scumetic, not much is going on in the thread. Would like to hear if neighborhood activity is more informative at least.

@Carbon-
Did you neighborize another group? And who is in your first group (Yarrgarda, you, Foxhound)?
He neighbourized the Xillia group, in which me and Titan are in. We are discussing this predicament as we speak.
Are you all together, or just you three?
It should be only me and Titan.
In post 3734, MastinSSK wrote:
Spoiler: Mental to-do list
In post 3711, MastinSSK wrote:I'm trying to figure out a reach-out to DesBRO. (Coming up empty, though. The only time I did a successful reach-out to BRO was when I had a mason role and 'crumbed it as said reach-out.)

I will likely need a reach-out to Clyton, but my wavering (and, ultimately, waning) scumread there is at least a start, since I think we might be coming to a bit of an understanding of each other, and that said understanding (if legitimate) means he can be town and can be worked with.

I guess I could also reach out to orcinus and PV, in spite of my scumreads on them, but aside from, "Hi, I think you're both scum", I can't really think of anything to discuss (not argue) with them other than that, because while I'm open to being wrong about my read, I don't see how I would be. Oh, I guess I also need to reach out to Red Gyarados, since I'm not sure they're town.

When it comes to Fox/Hound, they're not someone who I so much need to reach out on, so much as they are someone I need to analyze. They're already kinda sorta with me already, and my read on them is continuously changing, but I don't think that interacting with them more directly will help, and that the only way I can get a read on them that sticks is by getting bearings on them via other factors.
I removed Tammy from the list, because again, I'm not sure there's any reach-out I can do that Rancid didn't already do. If you want to talk with me about anything, Tammy, just tell me and I will, but I can't think of anything to initiate conversation aside from a weaker "trust Rancid".
Clyton/Tammy:
Keep us posted on your blazing. I realize there's business right now, but when you have the time, it'd be great to actually have neighbors who are sharing stuff about each other. Like overall thoughts and general impressions and such.
In post 3588, Clyton wrote:Understanding: The understanding is coming in Day 2.
So I can kinda sorta guess at it, Clyton, but mind making it explicit what the understanding you have is?

My understanding is that I'm trying to understand you rather than try to lynch you D1, and I think it has garnered me results I am taking note of.

I can easily forgo my right to caution for a more aggressive, risk-taking approach if the situation is right for me to do so.
Why did you deem it appropriate to forgo caution for more aggressive recklessness near the end of D1?

There's nothing for me to lose, and I believe that if town were to have a stable foundation, I would challenge and attempt to get rid of the noise aka you.

I can tell you that the reasons for my illogical approach can be explained purely within my playstyle should the game continue to be more unfavorable for town.
If you're able to, I'd like to have some elaboration on this as well.

At the moment, this is not possible for me to enact. We still have time to figure out the possibility of who's scum and follow through with a townplan towards the endgame.

In post 3582, Clyton wrote:(I'm still not pleased with how orc used his role, but what's done is done).
If you're not pleased with how the role was used, what do you think (if anything) that means for orcinus's alignment?

I already said that I believe the role is not alignment indicative. But this does not mean we should policy lynch orcinus unless we have more points at him that he is scum.

In post 3548, Clyton wrote:AP, calm down a bit. You're going everywhere with your content.
What's your current AP read?

My read on him has reverted to being undeveloped. But, my main goal for D2 is to focus on AP and his gambit/claim. At the moment, I am not entirely too settled with what content he has been posting.

I already discussed RBD and his hypothetical lack of credibility, and Kagura is not in a good spot assumingly as he is getting assaulted from his neighbours because of his late appearance in Day 1 when the wagon was nearing its end.
What's your current take on Rancid and Kagura's stances? (And alignment, for that matter.) I'm especially interested, because of this:
Trust: I would take a majority's opinion as trust then one person's opinion. I think it is fair enough to state this because the majority is most likely town anyways.
I believe Rancid is most likely town up to his death, and my reads on him won't develop because he is dead. Kagura I think has a lot of relevancy in regards to people interacting with him (AP for example). At the moment, Kagura is also someone I would like to deal with in D2 along with AP.

In regards to going against the opposing majority of RBD being scum, that can be resolved with what BWS has stated which will come along later in this post.

I need to get better at this whole discussing thing. (There's more I'm sure I should be thinking of, but this is about it that comes to mind.) I'm sure somewhere down the line, there was something to come up in me that you didn't quite get either, Clyton, so me asking all these questions to you means it's only fair you get to do the same for me.
In post 3818, Breakfast With Sandy wrote:
In post 3816, Just Sheep Us wrote:
In post 3769, Breakfast With Sandy wrote:My thought is vig. I've given some minor thought to 2 scum teams, and it might make sense of where the daytime lines get drawn, but I'm nowhere near convinced that's what's going on.
Please tell me this isn't real
I forget who suggested it. I've rolled it around in my head a few times. I dunno. I don't think so. The puzzle pieces aren't coming together very easily, though.

I think the huge divergence in RBD reads indicates two very different fragments of town in this game, with two strongly divergent ideas about what is going on.
This I agree with.
In post 3908, MastinSSK wrote:Hey, guys. Will read the thread after posting, but first? Bear with me for a bit. You're about to get a dosage of Mastin logic, but I think it might actually be Mac's logic using Cabdlogic, too.

Mac's role was a MODIFIED rolestop-bodyguard. A bodyguard dies when protecting, and a rolestopper stops all actions on a player like the JK variant alien, but allows the target to still act. This normally INCLUDES nightkills, contrary to what AP says, because again, that's how the role is defined.
Bodyguard is redundant with rolestop, normally.
Thus, the modified.
So I have a theory.

Mac's ability was to stop any scum ability on a given player. If scum killed Mac's target, Mac would die, like a bodyguard. If scum targeted Mac's target with some other ability (let's say something like rolecop or sane cop [Hey, Cabd game; it could happen]), I'm theorizing that Mac would ROLESTOP that ability...but still die.

This sounds like a frighteningly-plausible role coming from Cabd, and makes total sense to me as being a possibility. I realize there's some slight logical leaps involved, but take that a little bit further, and you get my theory:
Mac used his ability on Kagura. A scum power targeted Kagura. Mac rolestopped it, at the cost of his own life.
In the mean time, scum jan-killed Rancid. And the vig either didn't/couldn't/chose not to kill, or also killed Rancid.

Yeah, I realize it might seem like there are a LOT of assumptions in here, and it's a little bit convoluted. But in my twisted mind, it makes perfect sense.

VOTE: AngryPidgeon.
In post 3909, PeregrineV wrote:
In post 3908, MastinSSK wrote:Hey, guys. Will read the thread after posting, but first? Bear with me for a bit. You're about to get a dosage of Mastin logic, but I think it might actually be Mac's logic using Cabdlogic, too.

Mac's role was a MODIFIED rolestop-bodyguard. A bodyguard dies when protecting, and a rolestopper stops all actions on a player like the JK variant alien, but allows the target to still act. This normally INCLUDES nightkills, contrary to what AP says, because again, that's how the role is defined.
Bodyguard is redundant with rolestop, normally.
Thus, the modified.
So I have a theory.

Mac's ability was to stop any scum ability on a given player. If scum killed Mac's target, Mac would die, like a bodyguard. If scum targeted Mac's target with some other ability (let's say something like rolecop or sane cop [Hey, Cabd game; it could happen]), I'm theorizing that Mac would ROLESTOP that ability...but still die.

This sounds like a frighteningly-plausible role coming from Cabd, and makes total sense to me as being a possibility. I realize there's some slight logical leaps involved, but take that a little bit further, and you get my theory:
Mac used his ability on Kagura. A scum power targeted Kagura. Mac rolestopped it, at the cost of his own life.
In the mean time, scum jan-killed Rancid. And the vig either didn't/couldn't/chose not to kill, or also killed Rancid.

Yeah, I realize it might seem like there are a LOT of assumptions in here, and it's a little bit convoluted. But in my twisted mind, it makes perfect sense.

VOTE: AngryPidgeon.
Christ almighty Scum-mastin....

Kagura is either an Asectic or something similar.

If kagura is scum with AP, then AP reports town on Kagura, unless he wants to distance from Kagura scum-flip.
Scum Kagura acts confused and doesn't know why AP got no result if AP is town. Scum Kagura does not confirm AP lack of result unless they are scum together.
Town Kagura might confirm AP result, since they know their own role. Town Kagura does not let unknown-AP die because of no-result result.
If AP is scum and got no-result on Kagura, he might report that to avoid a 1 vs 1, but he could also clear Kagura as town to buddy or confirm his role. The fact he reported a no-result means he actually probably got it.

So, either they are both scum who coordinated their results and presentations of those results, or Kagura is town and AP is an honest results-getting scum or has access to one, or Kagura is scum-avoider who doesn't want to lynch a town PR or they are both fucking town being honest but not wanting to give too much away.

Sorry guys but I think I've reached my bullshit tolerance for today.
In regards to the theory Mastin and PV presented with, I can see either being plausible. I think a good start is to test if these theories are true and hopefully get a scum caught.
In post 3929, CarbonFiber wrote:
In post 3926, MastinSSK wrote:/content to come in a bit.
I am going to say this one more time, please stop spamming the thread. You are making the game harder to sift through. I'd actually very much like to hear from Kagura, Orc, Clyton, and Titan.
In post 3927, Breakfast With Sandy wrote:CF, what do you mean by "moving forward"?
Before we go ahead with a lynch but I'd actually be interested in seeing Kagura's thoughts.
In post 3928, notscience wrote:Are you guys going to want my notes to be posted
Go for it. I'd like to see them.
In post 4000, Breakfast With Sandy wrote:Titan based on your neighborhood stuff do you have an opinion about Clyton?

Clyton, what are your thoughts?
Thoughts on what? Sorry, I skimmed through.
In post 4010, Titan wrote:
In post 4004, PeregrineV wrote:
In post 3984, CarbonFiber wrote:To clarify, Nacho last posted yesterday morning saying that he thought scum was among MastinSSK, AP, Clyton, Orc, and PV. I was waiting to hear updated thoughts mostly.

Oh, btw, did you get a good read on Clyton in the neighborhood?
Just skimming for right now, but are you not in the Titan/Clyton neighborhood?
It's been discussed and corrected more than once that he creates the neighborhoods but is not in them (except for his world).

Though Clyton did mention thinking we had a lurker, I don't know why he thought that.
I thought we did; you never know if someone's in the neighbourhood and only lurked around seeing our posts. Is there a site function to see who's in the neighbourhood? lol
Clyton
Clyton
Goon
Clyton
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4064 (ISO) » Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:51 pm

Post by Clyton »

On the other hand, I am moving tomorrow. So, I am putting an official V/LA.

V/LA until Thursday (so I can get some form of Internet at the place I'm moving in).

If I do appear during my V/LA period, then that's good. I can continue what I currently have in my mind.
CarbonFiber
CarbonFiber
Mafia Scum
CarbonFiber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4065 (ISO) » Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:51 pm

Post by CarbonFiber »

In post 4013, Titan wrote:Wait a minute. Nacho has mastin in his potential scum pool? I thought he had a town read there.
He said he was coming around to seeing Mastin and AP as scum a couple of days ago but I haven't heard back from him. I do hope that he is town and he shows up soon in the thread.

I too am waiting for NotScience and Brian so I can solidify my read there. I thought NotScience's early play was town and it would be great if they can re-inforce that feeling.

Orc's role does somewhat clash but I'm scumreading Rancid so I am not overly worried about it. What about Orcinus concerned you beyond the possibility that Nacho bussed?
Yggdra Union
Yggdra Union
Goon
Yggdra Union
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4066 (ISO) » Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:53 pm

Post by Yggdra Union »

Is going on a V/LA a thing now?

Luciana slot on V/LA from May 2nd to August 1.

^
Serious btw

-L

Yggdra Union
Yggdra Union
Goon
Yggdra Union
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4067 (ISO) » Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:55 pm

Post by Yggdra Union »

I can be on time to time until May 10th but after then I will have no internet access until August 1.
(Unless I go to cybercafe in Korea time to time but paying for internet just for mafia just doesn't worth it.)

CarbonFiber
CarbonFiber
Mafia Scum
CarbonFiber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4068 (ISO) » Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:05 pm

Post by CarbonFiber »

In post 4034, Breakfast With Sandy wrote:
In post 4026, CarbonFiber wrote:
Cabd
(and everyone), just to let you know, I have finals and projects due during the first couple of weeks of April (the last one is on the 13th), so I
might
be more active after that. But my activity will be decreased before that although I'll still check in and keep up with the thread and I may exceed the prod limit. FT's finals end on the fifth and he said he would be massively active after that since apparently he has more free time then.

Tammy
, I saw your post about your reads and I understand where you are coming from with regards to BRO because his play here
is
different from Wicked and his posts in the dead thread match up with the philosophy you described (caring more about getting lynched as scum). There are a few things I've witnessed in the neighborhood though and how they played out in the thread that made me certain enough to bank the game on this read with a certainty that I rarely, rarely have. I'll outline it for you in another wall so we can see eye to eye on it and get on the same page. I want all four of us (you, me, Desp-BRO, PieGIF to be on the same page about the four of us). Let me present my read and tell me if you are convinced or show me where you think I'm wrong.
So you have a towntowntown group.
What makes you say that?

I am not "townblocing" in the sense of formally separating players into those that I will work with and those that I won't. I am trying to bridge a communication gap between two players that I am 99% certain are town and it is based on the certainty of my townreads there.
Breakfast With Sandy
Breakfast With Sandy
Goon
Breakfast With Sandy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4069 (ISO) » Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:12 pm

In post 4068, CarbonFiber wrote:
In post 4034, Breakfast With Sandy wrote:
In post 4026, CarbonFiber wrote:
Cabd
(and everyone), just to let you know, I have finals and projects due during the first couple of weeks of April (the last one is on the 13th), so I
might
be more active after that. But my activity will be decreased before that although I'll still check in and keep up with the thread and I may exceed the prod limit. FT's finals end on the fifth and he said he would be massively active after that since apparently he has more free time then.

Tammy
, I saw your post about your reads and I understand where you are coming from with regards to BRO because his play here
is
different from Wicked and his posts in the dead thread match up with the philosophy you described (caring more about getting lynched as scum). There are a few things I've witnessed in the neighborhood though and how they played out in the thread that made me certain enough to bank the game on this read with a certainty that I rarely, rarely have. I'll outline it for you in another wall so we can see eye to eye on it and get on the same page. I want all four of us (you, me, Desp-BRO, PieGIF to be on the same page about the four of us). Let me present my read and tell me if you are convinced or show me where you think I'm wrong.
So you have a towntowntown group.
What makes you say that?

I am not "townblocing" in the sense of formally separating players into those that I will work with and those that I won't. I am trying to bridge a communication gap between two players that I am 99% certain are town and it is based on the certainty of my townreads there.
Maybe it's an artifact of where your focus currently is, but I feel like there's a whole game going on here, not just those 3 players.

I'm trying to move up a few thousand feet in terms of how I'm viewing the game, because I'm kinda tired of talking to the same people with the same disagreements and agreements constantly.

From my perspective, it's not moving the game forward. And I don't think anything is going to seriously move the game forward until more players are really engaged today.
CarbonFiber
CarbonFiber
Mafia Scum
CarbonFiber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4070 (ISO) » Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:20 pm

Post by CarbonFiber »

In post 4069, Breakfast With Sandy wrote:Maybe it's an artifact of where your focus currently is, but I feel like there's a whole game going on here, not just those 3 players.

I'm trying to move up a few thousand feet in terms of how I'm viewing the game, because I'm kinda tired of talking to the same people with the same disagreements and agreements constantly.

From my perspective, it's not moving the game forward. And I don't think anything is going to seriously move the game forward until more players are really engaged today.
Of course there is a whole game going on and I didn't direct my wall at you so I have no idea why you would be tired of talking about it. I particularly don't like posts like these where you discourage analysis or look down upon town players working with each other.

I have been moving the game forward by collaborating with townreads and making sure we lynch one of Mastin/AP today. I really don't want this to turn into yet another noisy day where Mastin and AP make a spectacle of themselves and we lynch another lurker. My objective is to make sure we drive one of their lynches through today and I need you on my side if you are town.
Breakfast With Sandy
Breakfast With Sandy
Goon
Breakfast With Sandy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4071 (ISO) » Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:55 pm

In post 4070, CarbonFiber wrote:
In post 4069, Breakfast With Sandy wrote:Maybe it's an artifact of where your focus currently is, but I feel like there's a whole game going on here, not just those 3 players.

Of course there is a whole game going on and I didn't direct my wall at you so I have no idea why you would be tired of talking about it. I particularly don't like posts like these where you discourage analysis or look down upon town players working with each other.

I have been moving the game forward by collaborating with townreads and making sure we lynch one of Mastin/AP today. I really don't want this to turn into yet another noisy day where Mastin and AP make a spectacle of themselves and we lynch another lurker. My objective is to make sure we drive one of their lynches through today and I need you on my side if you are town.
I'm on town's side. And I obviously think that means we're on the same side.

I'm not trying to discourage analysis at all, and in fact your criticisms (and tammy's) on day 1 about my typical play were noted and internalized. How that manifests in my in-thread behavior, I don't know yet. I probably won't know what I'm actually doing differently as opposed to what I'm thinking until I get feedback about it in games.

Whoever we vote today aside, there are other reads to solidify today. I guess what's frustrating me is that you're talking about 3 players I think are town. Of the three, the only one I have even the slightest niggle about at the moment is Titan and it's a very small niggle that I feel pretty sure comes down to playstyle/philosophy.

The bit about the same disagreements over and over is a general whine not directed at you.
MastinSSK
MastinSSK
Goon
MastinSSK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4072 (ISO) » Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:49 pm

Post by MastinSSK »

In post 4047, Titan wrote:Mastin - when I say lolcabd game it means I'm not about to outguess what he would or wouldn't do.
Which is what I was saying?
In post 4048, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:
In post 4046, MastinSSK wrote:The circumstances of your claim were desperation, and a need to use the role to 'prove' yourself.
So how the actual fuck does this make me scum
It doesn't. It makes you slightly scummy, and compared to Rancid's claim, a whole different world.

For instance...

Rancid claimed his ability early-on; I don't really recall you interacting with him at all. You weren't at all interested in interacting with a player with a similar role to your own?
In post 4058, AngryPidgeon wrote:VOTE: kagura

I'm seriously tempted to just go, "Kagura's alignment aside, this is just scumposting", but I realize that's not exactly the most productive thing to say. The kagura vote is sheeping Tammy, wagoning popular opinion as a placeholder vote. He's V/LA, but hasn't put effort into sorting me, especially bad given his role. Then, there's defending orc as being town, for shaky reasons at best...
...And then there's the hypocrisy in calling out Yggdra for townreading orc on similar reasons. The Yggdra read overall simply sucks, too.
In post 4060, AngryPidgeon wrote:Note to self: read 167 bro posts
Similarly bad, cast-doubting on BROseidon.
In post 4061, AngryPidgeon wrote:I really am not buying that f16 thinks tunneling and omgusing are a reason to strongly town read someone either.
As is this, only doubly so.
Clyton wrote:I already said that I believe the role is not alignment indicative.
The role wasn't what I was asking about. I was asking about its usage.
I believe Rancid is most likely town up to his death, and my reads on him won't develop because he is dead.
I was more asking about the trust you admitted you have.
In post 4065, CarbonFiber wrote:Orc's role does somewhat clash but I'm scumreading Rancid so I am not overly worried about it.
:facepalm:

Fuck it. I need to write the Ballad of Tales,
In honor of my fallen pirate friends.
I said I'd join their crew, that windforce gale,
So I need to do this, 'til my end.

(This isn't the ballad, not even close.
I failed to get the motive last time,
Even though I specialize in rhyme.
After all, I'm easily distracted, you know.)
In post 4070, CarbonFiber wrote:I have been moving the game forward by collaborating with townreads and making sure we lynch one of Mastin/AP today.
Funny, so have I. (Admittedly, I've gotten distracted by others. But he's always been one of my focuses.)
I really don't want this to turn into yet another noisy day where Mastin and AP make a spectacle of themselves and we lynch another lurker.
The problem is that you're trying to get the best of both worlds. Either you encourage a Mastin vs. AP fight or you discourage it. You can't vie for the lynch of one of us and expect the day to night have noise.
MastinSSK
MastinSSK
Goon
MastinSSK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4073 (ISO) » Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:55 pm

Post by MastinSSK »

*Not have noise.

Butyeah. You can't say you don't want MastinVsAP noise, while saying the lynch should be one of us. 'Cause an attempt to lynch one of us, quite explicitly, can and will, cause noise. Now, I can say I won't, and I can assure you that I really, really mean it, that I'm not lying when I say that I wouldn't. But, well...just 'cause I make the promise doesn't mean I'd actually be able to keep it. I know myself well enough to tell that I wouldn't be able to keep it, that my emotions would get in the way.
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4074 (ISO) » Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:58 pm

Post by orcinus_theoriginal »

Mastin 3711:
I guess I could also reach out to orcinus and PV, in spite of my scumreads on them, but aside from, "Hi, I think you're both scum", I can't really think of anything to discuss (not argue) with them other than that, because while I'm open to being wrong about my read, I don't see how I would be.

Mastin, 3 pages later (and I haven't showed up in these three pages):
Scumread at times, sure. But overall nullread

what the fuck
It doesn't. It makes you slightly scummy, and compared to Rancid's claim, a whole different world.

For instance...

Rancid claimed his ability early-on; I don't really recall you interacting with him at all. You weren't at all interested in interacting with a player with a similar role to your own?
No, no, you're dodging.

You claimed that the circumstance of my claim made me scummier than rancid.

Not that I didn't interact with rancid.

Not that I didn't do this or that.

YOU SAID THAT ME CLAIMING WHEN I WAS BEING RUN UP MAKES ME MORE LIKELY TO BE SCUM OUT OF ME AND RANCID.

And why is that?
We are lazy people on an adventure, flirting with life but too shy to go all the way.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”