Mini 1568: Another Awesome Alliteration Adventure (over)

MTD
MTD
Mafia Scum
MTD
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:22 pm

Post by MTD »

In post 99, MTD wrote:I call Cho as a Marangal alt.
Nvm I take that back, I came to the conclusion, that she is, indeed, not an alt.
still the same old MTD
N
N
Jack of All Trades
N
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:37 pm

Post by N »

affair
noun
1. anything done or to be done; anything requiring action or effort; business; concern:
an affair of great importance.

2.affairs, matters of commercial or public interest or concern; the transactions of public or private business or finance:
affairs of state; Before taking such a long trip you should put all your affairs in order.

3.an event or a performance; a particular action, operation, or proceeding:
When did this affair happen?

4.thing; matter (applied to anything made or existing, usually with a descriptive or qualifying term):
Our new computer is an amazing affair.

5.a private or personal concern; a special function, business, or duty:
That's none of your affair.

Vote Count 1.04
toolenduso
(0)
The Betting Pool
(0)
caledfwitch
(0)
mnemonicdevice
(0)
Jargonaut
(0)
Dunhamganger
(1) The Betting Pool
MTD
(1) Dunhamganger
Elyse
(0)
T S O
(2) Cho, Jargonaut
Riptide
(2) mnemonicdevice, Burning_Earth
Cho
(4)
MTD, T S O, Riptide, Egg
Burning_Earth
(0)
Egg
(1) caledfwitch

Not Voting
(2) Elyse, toolenduso

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

Deadline is in
(expired on 2014-05-03 21:42:05)
GTKAS

Share And Enjoy
(go stick your head in a pig)
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:24 pm

Post by T S O »

I'm not arrogant. As in, I'm not going to be condescending for no reason (Thor). I just don't have a problem calling shit out.
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:24 pm

Post by T S O »

I can show you my scum meta and my town meta, if you want.
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:32 pm

Post by T S O »

Time for TSO's mighty CHO BACKTRACK POST OF SCUMMINESS.
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:34 pm

Post by T S O »

Also to all my
haters
people calling me out for not having logic: at least copy Elyse and have a fair argument so I can convince you/you convince me (hard to do, I'll admit). How can I be expected to see my own "faulty logic" if you refuse to explain it to me?
MTD
MTD
Mafia Scum
MTD
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:17 pm

Post by MTD »

Hm, "I am not arrogant" and "I am not afraid of calling shit out" are not connected at all IMO.
Also I said nothing like your logic was faulty in general, just that it is not always sound.

I would discuss this at length, but why should I when it doesn't pose an immediate danger to town? It would just derail the conversation. All I said is that this was my impression from some other of your games I read, and at some degree this one as well. Also this obviously doesn't mean I wouldn't consider your cases as much, just that it wouldn't surprise me to find things not entirely adding up...
One example that does affect me at the moment (although it has already been discussed to some extent) is this:
In post 81, T S O wrote:Why would Town do that? Why would Town put themselves in their own "Unlynchable" pool? It's more likely to come from Scum than from Town, in my opinion, because it's a rather sneaky thing to do.
First you say it is scummy, then Elyse points out that it doesn't make sense as scum, then you say it didn't make sense as town
either
, ending up at it doesn't make sense anyway. So why is it scummy then? But as I said, it has nothing to do with your alignment, in this case just with me disagreeing with that reason for Cho-scum.

Actually I don't think Cho is scum at this point.
UNVOTE:
VOTE: caled
Has really not done anything that remotely resembles scumhunting, and I find that unlynchable-PR-speculation weirder the longer I think about it.
@caled: Who is scum?
still the same old MTD
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:56 am

Post by T S O »

There's motivation to do that, we can agree. It's either Town or Scum. I'm very sure it's not Town.

Tonight, I'll post my full case, and you can all critique it and vote Cho, preferably the latter.
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:39 am

Post by Egg »

Elyse, you're gonna have to explain to me why asking questions is scummy.

Burning, why iis L-1 on Cho "fine" as you put it? Why aren't you voting Cho?

Caled, I wouldn't worry about setup spec this early. Let's just find out who the scummiest player is and run them up within the next 5 to 10 pages.
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:39 am

Post by T S O »

Egg, who's Charter?
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:42 am

Post by Egg »

I actually haven't seen Charter in a game in quite a while but I got very familiar with his play and you just happen to be reminding me of him.
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:49 am

Post by T S O »

Cool.
Elyse
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:41 am

Post by Elyse »

In post 106, MTD wrote: First you say it is scummy, then Elyse points out that it doesn't make sense as scum, then you say it didn't make sense as town
either
, ending up at it doesn't make sense anyway. So why is it scummy then? But as I said, it has nothing to do with your alignment, in this case just with me disagreeing with that reason for Cho-scum.
^^
But I will put this to rest until TSO posts his Cho analysis.
In post 108, Egg wrote:Elyse, you're gonna have to explain to me why asking questions is scummy.
Asking irrelevant questions like "why the third vote on Egg on page 3???" is scummy because it makes it look like he's scumhunting when he's actually just asking a dumb question.
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:48 am

Post by Egg »

I don't see a problem with asking for a reason for a vote regardless of the stage of the game.
Elyse
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:26 am

Post by Elyse »

I already explained myself twice so if you still don't understand it I don't know what more I can say.
Riptide
Riptide
Goon
Riptide
Goon
Goon

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:32 am

Post by Riptide »

Elyse - Why do you think we would want to appear to be scumhunting in our second post?
Dunhamganger
Dunhamganger
Goon
Dunhamganger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:47 am

Post by Dunhamganger »

Shouldn't two heads theoretically be
less
obtuse than one?
Burning_Earth
Burning_Earth
Mafia Scum
Burning_Earth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:16 am

Post by Burning_Earth »

Moar votes on riptide plz
Dunhamganger
Dunhamganger
Goon
Dunhamganger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:28 am

Post by Dunhamganger »

Yeah I'm in 2 it.

Unvote

Vote: Riptide
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:46 am

Post by T S O »

Spoiler: The Votes That Made Them Unlynchable
In post 10, Elyse wrote:VOTE: toolenduso
In post 23, mnemonicdevice wrote:VOTE: Riptide
In post 25, Elyse wrote:UNVOTE:
VOTE: MTD

That vote looked like you didn't want to step on toes and instead of commenting on another vote (I think mnemonic's Riptide vote was good), you said the first person to post is scum. It's like you're trying to keep us in RVS.
In post 27, Cho wrote:I am 100% confident that Cho, Elyse, and mnemonicdevice are Town for their votes. Accordingly, they are now Town Day 1 Unlynchables.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: MTD
The first thing to note about post #27 is that Cho has inserted herself in there. This is not a Town thing to do. The Theory of Mind states that Cho understands she doesn't need to place herself in that group, primarily because, excluding her, nobody else thinks she should be in it on her current actions, but also because she knows she doesn't have to do it - it's overcompensating to appear Town. There is no need to call herself Unlynchable on page 2. Elyse and I are at odds at this one, but even she can't explain the motivation or rationale behind someone needing to do that as Town. There is none.

Something else that no-one seems to understand is the placing of mnemonicdevice in the Unlynchable section. The only post he'd had up until then was a naked vote on Riptide - not the stuff I would expect of someone I was calling Unlynchable. However, after reading through, I understand why mnemonicdevice was placed in this category.

Cho seems to have placed great faith in Elyse very quickly. It's easy to overlook, but in Elyse's #25 she compliments mnemonic's vote. This is the reason he's been placed in this exclusive section. Not any observation of Cho's, but a passing remark by Elyse.

Cho is hardsheeping a RVS read by someone with 2 posts, on page 2.

Spoiler: Reaction to Pressure
In post 32, Cho wrote:
T S O
, how are we out of RVS now? Wasn't it already so earlier?
This is another example of her unwarranted iron-clad confidence in Elyse. She believes that Elyse alone brought the game out of RVS on page 2, and thus she seems to believe my comment is irrelevant. She doesn't address me calling her non-Unlynchable either, meaning she never really believed it herself. She just opportunistically put it in there and hoped people wouldn't comment. There is no Town motivation in this.
In post 32, Cho wrote:
MTD
, I feel wonderfully comfortable with Elyse and mnemonicdevice's RVS votes! Of course those votes don't mean they're town, but I found them much more pleasant than anything caledfwitch or Burning_Earth said.
Cho has previously told us the votes made those three players "Unlynchable". I think we'll all agree it's a strong term.

Now, the statement has been so completely edited that it's unrecognisable from the previous. She's townreading them because they make her feel "comfortable". She the continues, telling us these votes DON'T mean they're Town (this is such an incredible regression I had to double-check it to be sure I was right), but they do mean that they were pleasant.

Let's start off by noting once more she doesn't mention herself. This again proves that she was being opportunistic, without a doubt. Secondly, WHAT? She is trying to explain that when she uses the term "Unlynchable", it is because people make her comfortable and pleasant.
Comfortable and pleasant.
These are, in the world of Cho, quite synonymous with each other.
In post 32, Cho wrote:As a result, Cho, Elyse, and mnemonicdevice are exempt from much of my suspicion for today, provided that they don't royally fuck up, of course!
Look at how much this has regressed since I pressured it.

Originally, the statement was "Town Day 1 Unlynchables". No uncertainty, no hesitance. It's an absolute stance.

After I called her out on it, the statement changed dramatically. Now, we have "Exempt from
much
of
my
suspicion for today,
provided that they don't royally fuck up
, of course!"

There are multiple qualifiers in that post which weren't there previously, and which weaken the conviction of the post. I've italicized them for easy viewing. It doesn't make sense that these have showed up now, unless Cho realised how bad it was and began to subtly backtrack. And a subtle backtrack is the hallmark of scum play.

Spoiler: Voting of TSO
In post 40, Cho wrote:
T S O
, you're quite a "force of nature", as some might say! The louder your thunder, the deafer we become~

But if that's your intent, then so be it!

UNVOTE:
VOTE: T S O
In post 41, T S O wrote:I don't have to be nice to be Town.

You should explain why you're voting me, because you think I'm scum, so now you have to provide your reasoning.
In post 44, Cho wrote:
T S O
, I've already explained, dear! You clearly want this game to bend to your layers of self-confidence and false scumtells, but the more you speak out, screaming "look at how loud and consequently how open I'm being; you cannot hope to do anything
but
townread me for my arrogance!", the more you detract from us being able to focus on the game and playerlist as a whole.
Cho then votes me, on the pretext that I'm attempting to manipulate the game with my self-confidence and arrogance, and that because this nefarious deed is simply unacceptable, she's voting me in order to restore order and law as they were.

This is utter hogwash, and it's clear that Cho wants a reason to vote me back, and so has concocted one out of nothing at all. There isn't any solid reason she has for voting me, and it's painfully obvious.

Aside from that bull, I think the phrase "focus on the game and playerlist as a
whole
" is incredibly incongruent with Cho's apparent mindset while posting that. She was the one who set players like Elyse aside and told us we shouldn't be considering them as lynch candidates on the basis of 2 posts, and then she lectures us with rhetoric which is meant to sound Town but just showcases further holes and lies in her posts.
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:47 am

Post by T S O »

It's natural that your suspicion of Cho is fading; she's lurking out the pressure like a true scumfuck.
Burning_Earth
Burning_Earth
Mafia Scum
Burning_Earth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:49 am

Post by Burning_Earth »

"Stuff that is irrational from both alignments"

"Reaction to shit pressure"

And

"OMGUS"
Burning_Earth
Burning_Earth
Mafia Scum
Burning_Earth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:50 am

Post by Burning_Earth »

In post 120, T S O wrote:It's natural that your suspicion of Cho is fading; she's lurking out the pressure like a true scumfuck.
Also "moar things that could come from scum or town"
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:51 am

Post by T S O »

Yeah, your reading comprehension's even worse than I thought; you're not just somewhat stupid, you're borderline illiterate.
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:51 am

Post by T S O »

omg am I a mean TSO?????

scumz are always meanz, derefore im scum right b_E?

NOW DIS IS LOGIC!

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”