Mini 1568: Another Awesome Alliteration Adventure (over)

Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:03 am

Post by Egg »

Can understand*
The Betting Pool
The Betting Pool
Goon
The Betting Pool
Goon
Goon

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:29 am

Post by The Betting Pool »

Yeah, haven't read this in depth, but my eyebrows go up at the prospect of thinking multiple players aren't going to be lynched today based on early day stuff. Actually, what gets me is that it strikes me as a conscious choice to set aside certain players as static reads, the better to ignore them and come out with new! and exciting! opinions on them Day Two.

People have asked why scum would do that. I'd ask why town would do that. This isn't a large game with two dozen people to keep track of or anything.

--PA
Dunhamganger
Dunhamganger
Goon
Dunhamganger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:35 am

Post by Dunhamganger »

Jargonaut wrote:
Dunhamganger wrote:Bad semantics-based wagon is bad.

TSO feels town.
For clarification, you think that TSO's vote is bad, but is coming from a town mindset? Have you played with him as town before? (I'm asking because I want to know if this is how you think he acted)
1. Yes. (He's scanning as overzealous right now, and the way that's manifesting is striking me as more likely to be from town than scum.)
2. No. (So I'll keep the fact that you played in a game where he was scum like this in mind, though I detest meta reads.)
The Betting Pool wrote:I'd ask why town would do that.
You like lynching players you have a townread on as town? Good to know.
Riptide
Riptide
Goon
Riptide
Goon
Goon

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:01 am

Post by Riptide »

In post 63, Elyse wrote:
In post 29, MTD wrote:Ah, yes, it is true we were probably already a bit further than that, nothing intentional, just wanted to come in on the game and I hadn't really put any thought into it at that point. I am ok with Elyse's vote on me for that reason, maybe with Dunhamganger's, too, cause wooo, wagons, but I am p sure I want more than "yay these people are sooo town based on RVS votes" from Cho. Staying with my vote.

Also
@Elyse: Any reason you think mnemonics Vote was good? From my POV it just looks like a pretty dull RVS-OMGUS.
Riptide asked a dumb question that looked planted to feign scumhunting.
What would you have rather me asked? Your favorite color?
In post 29, MTD wrote: Also, The only other vote that I would maybe have found to be worth commenting on was burnings' for wagon-jumping much but Riptide already did that. Other than that I often don't find much to comment on in RVS.
No, you vaguely said, "them OMGUSs are incredible" which literally means nothing and places no suspicion on anyone. The fact the you call it "commenting on something" shows that.
I don't even... I know MTD already said something, but nowhere was the expresion "them OMGUSs are incredible" said vaguely. It's right in the middle of his first post. It can't be much clearer than it is. And why would someone cast suspicion on someone this early, especially with their RVS post?
Everyone who is voting Cho needs to stop. He's obviously newbtown. Come on. What scum (with a joindate last week) would automatically eliminate two players from the lynch pool? I agree that it's unreasonable to call people unlynchable for RVS only, but I don't see how it makes him scum at all. TSO looks to be jumping on newbtown and I think he's smarter than that, so I'm scumreading him too atm.
And this is nearly textbook buddying. You ask what scum would automatically eliminate players from the lynch pool- newbscum would.
What does thinking TSO is smarter than jumping on a "newbtown" have anything to do with scum reading him? If he was smarter than that, why would he do it?
-HS
Jargonaut
Jargonaut
Goon
Jargonaut
Goon
Goon

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:47 am

Post by Jargonaut »

In post 77, Dunhamganger wrote:
Jargonaut wrote:
Dunhamganger wrote:Bad semantics-based wagon is bad.

TSO feels town.
For clarification, you think that TSO's vote is bad, but is coming from a town mindset? Have you played with him as town before? (I'm asking because I want to know if this is how you think he acted)
1. Yes. (He's scanning as overzealous right now, and the way that's manifesting is striking me as more likely to be from town than scum.)
2. No. (So I'll keep the fact that you played in a game where he was scum like this in mind, though I detest meta reads.)
Well it's only one game, thus why I asked if you had a counter example in mind. That said, meta isn't the sole reason I'm voting him (his posts feel somewhat artificial even without it).
Elyse
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:09 am

Post by Elyse »

@Riptide
I would expect you to ask nothing. You thinking that there needs to be a question asked on page 1 is scummy.

@MTD
MTD wrote:
In post 63, Elyse wrote:No, you vaguely said, "them OMGUSs are incredible" which literally means nothing and places no suspicion on anyone. The fact the you call it "commenting on something" shows that.
I never called it "commenting on something" as it was more of a general remark on the gamestate at this point, and as I stated, I hadn't really put much thought into it at that point, so yeah, you are right it doesn't really mean anything, but I never acted like it did, did I?
In post 64, Dunhamganger wrote:My MTD vote is for serious real. Elyse had a good read and he compounded it by finding a thin justification to pretend that his obvious random vote had reason to stay.
Yes, it was an obvious random vote.
Then
Cho made a post which I didn't like.
Then I decided to stay with my vote.
Now tell me why that would be scummy please.
In post 29, MTD wrote: @Elyse: Any reason you think mnemonics Vote was good? From my POV it just looks like a pretty dull RVS-OMGUS.
Also, The only other vote that I would maybe have found to be worth commenting on was burnings' for wagon-jumping much but Riptide already did that. Other than that I often don't find much to comment on in RVS.
I did misread this initially, so my bad. I thought you were trying to justify your vote with your vague "them OMGUSes are incredible"

UNVOTE: MTD
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:33 am

Post by T S O »

In post 63, Elyse wrote: Everyone who is voting Cho needs to stop. He's obviously newbtown. Come on. What scum (with a joindate last week) would automatically eliminate two players from the lynch pool? I agree that it's unreasonable to call people unlynchable for RVS only, but I don't see how it makes him scum at all. TSO looks to be jumping on newbtown and I think he's smarter than that, so I'm scumreading him too atm.
Why would Town do that? Why would Town put themselves in their own "Unlynchable" pool? It's more likely to come from Scum than from Town, in my opinion, because it's a rather sneaky thing to do.

I'm not "jumping on newbtown", I'm pointing out genuine problems with Cho's play which are scummy. It's nothing to do with my intelligence, and even if it was, just because I'm "clever" doesn't mean I can't attack newbies for scummy play.

I really hope you don't feel the need to defend Cho just because you're an Unlynchable, Elyse, her play merits the pressure I've put on.
In post 67, Jargonaut wrote: TSO is making me uncomfortable. I don't know much about how he usually plays, but I had a game with him a little while back where he used a similar sort of hyper aggression as scum.
Which game was this? Have you checked other games of mine as scum? Do they correlate with this one game? What are the similarities between that games and this one?
In post 67, Jargonaut wrote:These posts in particular stand out to me:
In post 34, T S O wrote:Hang this, thanks.
When she flips scum I'm conftown, by the way.
In post 56, T S O wrote:Well, it's a textbook scum response, because it's really vague with no specifics, but its grandeur suggests I have been roaring to all the players since I came in about my incredible amount of
swagger
towniness. The only problem is I haven't.
VOTE: TSO. Why are you trying so hard to look town?
Well, the first post is me stating openly I'm going to consider myself conftown when Cho flips scum, and the second is me explaining how Cho's reason for voting me is scummy. I'm not particularly trying to look Town in either of them, Jargonaut, so you might have to try a little harder.
Elyse
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:46 am

Post by Elyse »

Oh come on. I'm agreeing with the fact that it's dumb to make people unlynchable on Day 1 but it doesn't make sense for him to do it as scum. He quickly shuts out two potential mislynches, and him "including himself" isn't sneaky. It's pretty bold and unlikely to come from scum, especially new scum.
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:53 am

Post by T S O »

It doesn't make sense for him to do it as Town either. I play a lot of Newbies, Elyse, and I've never seen any newb player so blatantly do that.
The Betting Pool
The Betting Pool
Goon
The Betting Pool
Goon
Goon

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:58 am

Post by The Betting Pool »

No, I'm saying that town preparing not to consider multiple people as scum Day One lacks a lot of paranoia I'd expect from town.

--PA
Burning_Earth
Burning_Earth
Mafia Scum
Burning_Earth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:06 am

Post by Burning_Earth »

In post 75, Egg wrote:Can understand*
Dude, L-2 is fine. L-1 is fine too.

Also, I agree with Ahlys
Jargonaut
Jargonaut
Goon
Jargonaut
Goon
Goon

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:26 am

Post by Jargonaut »

In post 81, T S O wrote:
In post 67, Jargonaut wrote: TSO is making me uncomfortable. I don't know much about how he usually plays, but I had a game with him a little while back where he used a similar sort of hyper aggression as scum.
Which game was this? Have you checked other games of mine as scum? Do they correlate with this one game? What are the similarities between that games and this one?
It was Newbie 1473. Like in this game, you told everyone that you were "confirmed town" (only in that game it was after claiming, not during speculation). You also basically tunneled a single person straight out of the gate. It's worth mentioning that he (pisskop) even mentioned how you were trying to look town with your hyper-aggressive style:
In post 250, pisskop wrote:
In post 149, T S O wrote:
In post 87, Naio wrote:...
Watch how prickly he is here. Scum would buddy Smudger in this situation, but you can see he doesn't actually like Smudger and has no problem admitting it and taking heat for it. And that's Town as fuck.
I don't think you have a case. Its all nonsense smothered in aggression. Exactly how our first game was.
But no... I haven't looked at your other scum games.

In post 81, T S O wrote:
In post 67, Jargonaut wrote:These posts in particular stand out to me:
In post 34, T S O wrote:Hang this, thanks.
When she flips scum I'm conftown, by the way.
In post 56, T S O wrote:Well, it's a textbook scum response, because it's really vague with no specifics, but its grandeur suggests I have been roaring to all the players since I came in about my incredible amount of
swagger
towniness. The only problem is I haven't.
VOTE: TSO. Why are you trying so hard to look town?
Well, the first post is me stating openly I'm going to consider myself conftown when Cho flips scum, and the second is me explaining how Cho's reason for voting me is scummy. I'm not particularly trying to look Town in either of them, Jargonaut, so you might have to try a little harder.
The first post definitely sounds much more like you're trying to tell us that you
will be
confirmed when she flips scum. In the second, you once again directly refer to yourself as towny, as if you're trying to make everyone think you are too.
Jargonaut
Jargonaut
Goon
Jargonaut
Goon
Goon

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:35 am

Post by Jargonaut »

I looked at some of your town games, and to be honest, you play fairly aggressive most of the time. I'm retracting the meta part of my argument. That said, you're still my biggest suspect, so I'm keeping my vote on you.
toolenduso
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:24 pm

Post by toolenduso »

UNVOTE: Egg
In post 64, Dunhamganger wrote:
toolenduso wrote:So this heated up fast.
You seem disappointed.
This by itself is a weird conclusion to jump to after me saying "So this heated up fast."

But taken with this post:
It begins to look like you're intentionally jumping to conclusions in order to push people.

Why are you doing that, dun?
In post 81, T S O wrote:Why would Town put themselves in their own "Unlynchable" pool? It's more likely to come from Scum than from Town, in my opinion, because it's a rather sneaky thing to do.
This is the weakest point of your case. I mean, come on, I doubt even newbscum would actually believe that they could trick town into thinking they were town by slipping themselves into a list of "unlynchables."
"Half of the game is figuring out who the scum is. The other half is convincing everyone else that you're right." -- PlaysWithSquirrels, in Newbie 437
Dunhamganger
Dunhamganger
Goon
Dunhamganger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:03 pm

Post by Dunhamganger »

Ah yes, pushing people: the antithesis of Mafia.
caledfwitch
caledfwitch
they/them
Goon
caledfwitch
they/them
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:09 pm

Post by caledfwitch »

I know this is going to sound outlandish, but does anyone think there might actually be an unlynchable PR in this game?? From my viewpoint, I don't think Cho would just create an unlynchable pool for (seemingly) no good reason.
must i have a gender.. is it not enough for me to simply b kinda hot sometimes

2x mafiascum member of the month !! wowowowee !!!
N
N
Jack of All Trades
N
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:18 pm

Post by N »

abulia
noun
Psychiatry.

a symptom of mental disorder involving impairment or loss of volition.

Vote Count 1.03
toolenduso
(0)
The Betting Pool
(0)
caledfwitch
(0)
mnemonicdevice
(0)
Jargonaut
(0)
Dunhamganger
(1) The Betting Pool
MTD
(1) Dunhamganger
Elyse
(0)
T S O
(2) Cho, Jargonaut
Riptide
(2) mnemonicdevice, Burning_Earth
Cho
(4)
MTD, T S O, Riptide, Egg
Burning_Earth
(0)
Egg
(1) caledfwitch

Not Voting
(2) Elyse, toolenduso

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

Deadline is in
(expired on 2014-05-03 21:42:05)
Last edited by N on Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GTKAS

Share And Enjoy
(go stick your head in a pig)
mnemonicdevice
mnemonicdevice
Goon
mnemonicdevice
Goon
Goon

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:30 pm

Post by mnemonicdevice »

It wouldn't be something that N wouldn't do to put in an unlynchable role.
Burning_Earth
Burning_Earth
Mafia Scum
Burning_Earth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:14 pm

Post by Burning_Earth »

Not impossible.

But also, your speculation is utter bullshit.
Burning_Earth
Burning_Earth
Mafia Scum
Burning_Earth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:19 pm

Post by Burning_Earth »

Also, new avatar
Burning_Earth
Burning_Earth
Mafia Scum
Burning_Earth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:57 pm

Post by Burning_Earth »

I look forward to Z :)
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:01 pm

Post by T S O »

In post 90, caledfwitch wrote:I know this is going to sound outlandish, but does anyone think there might actually be an unlynchable PR in this game?? From my viewpoint, I don't think Cho would just create an unlynchable pool for (seemingly) no good reason.
An -unlynchable- PR.

N. O.
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:03 pm

Post by T S O »

Newbie 1473 is an incredibly unfair game to bring up. It involves me fakeclaiming in the Matrix, so in order to appear Town I had no option BUT to confirm myself. I attacked pisskop ebcause he had me/Nacho pegged, and I certainly didn't do it early-game, unprovoked, like here. The games are completely different.

Maybe it's your opinion that if Cho's scum, I won't be conftown. It's mine that I will be, or at least something close to it.
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:05 pm

Post by T S O »

Elyse, what I should try to explain to you is that the original Unlynchable act isn't actually that bad. Vote worthy, yes, but not that bad. Cho's posts after my post are the reason I'm convinced of her guilt.
MTD
MTD
Mafia Scum
MTD
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:20 pm

Post by MTD »

In post 98, T S O wrote:Vote worthy, yes, but not that bad.
okaaay...

I might throw in at this point that from what I have read, T S O seems to play like this (aggressive, somewhat arrogant, not always with sound logic) regardless of alignment.

@caled: No idea, but why would you ever want to speculate on that? Even if there is one, how would Cho know that of others?

I call Cho as a Marangal alt. :P
still the same old MTD

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”