Yulia Jue
Goon
Yulia Jue
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3000 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:21 pm

Post by Yulia Jue »

Votecount 1-32

With 17 players alive, it will take 9 votes to lynch or nolynch.

PeregrineV (4): AngryPidgeon, Mac, Kagura, MastinSSK
MastinSSK (1): CupcakePanda
Just Sheep Us (3): orcinus_theoriginal, Red Gyarados, , Rancid Broderick Drake
AngryPidgeon (1): Lord Business
Rancid Broderick Drake (5): Just Sheep Us, PeregrineV, The Fox and the Hound, Yggdra Union, Clyton

Not Voting (3): Titan, Breakfast With Stalink, CarbonFiber

With 17 players alive, deadline is set for 18 days: (expired on 2014-04-18 00:01:39)

Mod note: Deadline is soon.
Broseidon head of Just Sheep Us is V/LA a few days.

Last edited by Yulia Jue on Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Titan
Titan
Mafia Scum
Titan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3001 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:22 pm

Post by Titan »

In post 2998, Yggdra Union wrote:
In post 2962, MastinSSK wrote:Though this of course raises the slight concern that the DesBRO wagon goes through, is town, and F-16 uses it to launch a crusade against Rancid/myself.
what the actual fuck is this? THIS LITERALLY SERVES NO PURPOSE OTHER THAN TO DISCREDIT F-16

WHY THE FUCK IS NO ONE SEEING THE SHIT MASTIN IS PULLING IN THIS GAME

JUST FUCKING LOOK AT IT. IT'S COMPLETE FUCKING BULLSHIT

mastin is now going to quote this post and respond with some bullshit excuse that is nothing more than a blank check for scum to hide behind and or call attention to F-16's so-called "arrogance" or otherwise downplay his read on her. [/BRO]

I still wanna lynch RBD, but if not, anyone up for a mastin lynch?

-Y
That is not discrediting.
Half troll/Half wall.

I'm (Arthur) the wall. Don't let Tammy fool you. She trolls you w/o you even knowing! It's like you're in a constant state on mindfuck. RUN WHILE YOU CAN.
Kagura
Kagura
Goon
Kagura
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3002 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:23 pm

Post by Kagura »

But if you want to take shitty potshots at me while still ignoring me, sure, go ahead! It's not like I don't feel like shit when I mess up in a spectacular way, it's not like I don't take steps to recalibrate and not make the same mistake again!
Kagura Houyaisan - drinking until we forget our name
CarbonFiber
CarbonFiber
Mafia Scum
CarbonFiber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3003 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:23 pm

Post by CarbonFiber »

In post 2990, Kagura wrote:
Vote: PeregrineV
YOU ARE VOTING ANOTHER TOWNIE NOW AND HERE'S WHY

Okay, so in the first paragraph, let's look at it from a bird's eye view of the wagon on him and how other people interacted with him. In the next one, look at PV's actual posts and play itself.

PV shows a lot of VI behavior that can be considered scummy by town. He is going to be a compromise lynch. Always has been. Just because PV wasn't wagoned early doesn't mean that he isn't the easiest lynch to push. Nearly everyone has some sort of concerns about PV basically making him the default lynch for the day. If a player is unable to push the wagon they want, they are likely to change their vote to PV. I think that scum are tiptoeing around voting him not because they don't want to bus him but because they want the suspicion to build up and for town to start wondering why no one is voting the universal scumread. Contrast with attacking an easy target directly and being called out for it. Notice AngryPidgeon's push on PV. After all the arguments with Mastin and Kagura, he starts asking around for who he will compromise on. Because neither Mastin nor Kagura are easy targets that will be lynched, yet good to make a ton of noise with, citing bullshit, nitpicky, semantic arguments, and when the time comes to settle on a lynch, a low-activity player like PV is perfect. The current gamestate with a PV wagon and everyone happily defaulting to it wouldn't be the gamestate if Pidgeon had decided to attack PV directly.

Onto PV's actual posts. While he flew under the radar, he has been far from useless this game. He's made no less than 86 posts, more than quite a few other players. He provides an initial reads list in Post 1035 that is unconventional and goes against the grain of popular opinion. While some of his reads are harder to follow than others, I see them coming far more likely from an uninformed town POV than something scum would fake to fit in. I like his questioning of the Cupcake read in Post 1039 because it is something that BRO never explained in detail in the thread. His response to pressure in Post 1069 was natural and easygoing and he never seemed overly bothered by Breakfast pushing him. Neither was he worried about Kagura and his response in Post 1589 is calm, level-headed and inquisitive. He also presses AngryPidgeon for responses to his questions and follows up on anything that was unanswered as in Post 1770 showing that he was scanning the thread very closely. Healso follows up on his question to Kagura in Post 1770 showing a close attention to detail and it shows that he is not just bullshitting random questions but meticulously following up on everything he is doing. He openly invites Titan to engage and question him in Post 1773 unafraid of being grilled. I doubt scum-PV would asked to be put under the spotlight but it makes sense from town who are good at scumhunting based off of how other people question them.

His questioning of MastinSSK in Post 1780 picks up on a lot of things that are vague and unexplained. Mastin regardless of affiliation has a tendency to be vague and PV's determination to get to the bottom of it as opposed to skim through betrays his underlying town motivation. PV saying that Mastin and I could be scum together in Post 1788 is such a rabbit hole but very, very reminiscent of the kind of tinfoil theories that are so much more likely to come from paranoid town. Him accurately pointing out that the usefulness of my argument is limited shows a very keen grasp of the gamestate. My explanation for town-DV came at a point when the wagon was dying a little but I posted it anyways because I was working on it for a while, but PV picked up on the timing of it to use it for further analysis. His Post 1800 is an absolute classic. Did you see how well he tracked down my read on Cupcake to show where I was making leaps and explained nothing? It is because of the discussions in this neighborhood that refined my Cupcake read. I didn't have a perfect trajectory for it in thread. This is the kind of incredibly potentially alignment-revealing things that PV is picking up. He isn't posting a ton of words in the thread but look at the detail of his thoughts and they could only come if he is putting a LOT of behind-the-scenes work to capture the trail of how I am reading Cupcake. I've stopped here for his ISO read because you wanted it ASAP but continue reading his ISO beyond this post and you'll see too that the level of detail, and how attentively he is reading the thread makes so much sense from town even if he is not the best with words and looks "scummy" and lurkish and useless because he really isn't.

Finally add in that Rancid has interacted with far more slots in the game than PV has and a lot of players have stronger opinions about Rancid's alignment than they do PV's (for instance, barely anyone besides me and Beli has called PV town) and the fact that they are constantly, constantly spewing insults, complaining and burying the thread with such pointless arguments that it makes it hard to read, I think they are a better lynch than PV who is giving it the best shot he can and whose underlying town motivations are apparent upon looking closely. PV lynch is bad even as a utility lynch because we don't get anything out of it whereas a Rancid townflip potentially clears Mastin with their scumflip clearing several players in the game.
MastinSSK
MastinSSK
Goon
MastinSSK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3004 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:23 pm

Post by MastinSSK »

In post 2995, CarbonFiber wrote:and you can be happy for derailing a scum lynch even after a bunch of people put so much effort into making it happen just like you derailed the muffin lynch in Xenosaga.
Muffin was town in Xenosaga.
And Xenogears, too.
Dunno 'bout first Xeno game, but other two was town.

Also, effort into making a lynch happen doesn't mean the target will flip scum. Just so you know.
Titan
Titan
Mafia Scum
Titan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3005 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:23 pm

Post by Titan »

In post 3002, Kagura wrote:But if you want to take shitty potshots at me while still ignoring me, sure, go ahead! It's not like I don't feel like shit when I mess up in a spectacular way, it's not like I don't take steps to recalibrate and not make the same mistake again!

*hug*
Half troll/Half wall.

I'm (Arthur) the wall. Don't let Tammy fool you. She trolls you w/o you even knowing! It's like you're in a constant state on mindfuck. RUN WHILE YOU CAN.
Kagura
Kagura
Goon
Kagura
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3006 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:24 pm

Post by Kagura »

Vore: orcinus
MastinSSK
MastinSSK
Goon
MastinSSK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3007 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:25 pm

Post by MastinSSK »

In post 2998, Yggdra Union wrote:WHY THE FUCK IS NO ONE SEEING THE SHIT MASTIN IS PULLING IN THIS GAME
...Because what you're quoting as supposedly being shit is...absolutely nothing, which makes your insistence of it being shit, well...be shitty.
The Fox and the Hound
The Fox and the Hound
Goon
The Fox and the Hound
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3008 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:25 pm

Post by The Fox and the Hound »

In post 2998, Yggdra Union wrote:I still wanna lynch RBD, but if not, anyone up for a mastin lynch?
I would be. Maybe Ceph wouldn't be? He still has to get back to me in the QT about RBD. grrr.
Yggdra Union
Yggdra Union
Goon
Yggdra Union
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3009 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:25 pm

Post by Yggdra Union »

In post 3001, Titan wrote:That is not discrediting.
yes it is

he is referring to F-16 as some sort of negative utility for town by spinning what F-16 would do next as a negative action that needs to be avoided

by doing so he is devaluing F-16's opinions since ppl will be less inclined to pay attention to them. hence, discrediting

-Y
O valkyrie of the doomed rebellion... In the depths of despair, sing us to victory.

Nirvana, Goddess of Battle. Revolution!

Hydra of Aegina, Luciana, and Yggdra.
Mac
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3010 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:27 pm

Post by Mac »

Lord Business wagon might be tempting, but if we don't find one soon then my vote stays where is it.
Titan
Titan
Mafia Scum
Titan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3011 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:27 pm

Post by Titan »

In post 3009, Yggdra Union wrote:
In post 3001, Titan wrote:That is not discrediting.
yes it is

he is referring to F-16 as some sort of negative utility for town by spinning what F-16 would do next as a negative action that needs to be avoided

by doing so he is devaluing F-16's opinions since ppl will be less inclined to pay attention to them. hence, discrediting

-Y
No, it's not and using this type of argument doesn't convince anyone. I've, as town, made a similar statement. He could just as easily be concerned about what is likely to happen tomorrow as he could be scum trying to setup a narrative.
Half troll/Half wall.

Kagura
Kagura
Goon
Kagura
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3012 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:28 pm

Post by Kagura »

In post 3010, Mac wrote:Lord Business wagon might be tempting, but if we don't find one soon then my vote stays where is it.
Orc?
Kagura
Kagura
Goon
Kagura
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3013 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:28 pm

Post by Kagura »

F-16, you're still ignoring me.
Breakfast With Sandy
Breakfast With Sandy
Goon
Breakfast With Sandy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3014 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:28 pm

Post by Breakfast With Sandy »

In post 3006, Kagura wrote:
gut?

because my gut is a little unsettled about him.
User formerly known as Sc*mf*ck.
Hydra of fferylt and Belisarius; clever signature line to be decided later
CarbonFiber
CarbonFiber
Mafia Scum
CarbonFiber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3015 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:29 pm

Post by CarbonFiber »

In post 3013, Kagura wrote:F-16, you're still ignoring me.
WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU WANT ME TO RESPOND TO?
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #3016 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:29 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 3010, Mac wrote:Lord Business wagon might be tempting, but if we don't find one soon then my vote stays where is it.
Qft
Kagura
Kagura
Goon
Kagura
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3017 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:29 pm

Post by Kagura »

In post 3014, Breakfast With Sandy wrote:
gut?

Gut!
Breakfast With Sandy
Breakfast With Sandy
Goon
Breakfast With Sandy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3018 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:29 pm

Post by Breakfast With Sandy »

BRO don't disappear.
User formerly known as Sc*mf*ck.
Hydra of fferylt and Belisarius; clever signature line to be decided later
Rancid Broderick Drake
Rancid Broderick Drake
Goon
Rancid Broderick Drake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3019 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:30 pm

Post by Rancid Broderick Drake »

In post 3003, CarbonFiber wrote:
In post 2990, Kagura wrote:
Vote: PeregrineV
YOU ARE VOTING ANOTHER TOWNIE NOW AND HERE'S WHY
I have no intention of reading the wall that follows this because I know I won't agree with it

But I'm going to give you one last chance before I give up on ever trying to play in a game with you again

And I do not care if you already don't want to play with me (that would make me extremely happy, actually) and I do not care if you think there is no reason to think this but

I am town. I have very good reason to think I'm right about Mastin, if he is scum here, then I dunno, I'll just quit playing mafia for a while, I had every intention of taking a break after my current games are finished and being this wrong about something I'm so confident I'm right about will just give me more reason to want to take a break.

For a moment, consider that I'm town and that Mastin is also town. If you think PV is town, then who is scum?
Just Sheep Us
Just Sheep Us
Goon
Just Sheep Us
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3020 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:30 pm

Post by Just Sheep Us »

In post 2986, Breakfast With Sandy wrote:
unvote

What's going on?
This is the last post I'm making today. I'm calmed myself down enough to do this, but I can't stay in this game while it's like this. Desp might come in if he wants to.

I have issues with anxiety. Like, severe issues. I also have major issues with failure, especially that, for most of my life, I've been pretty to very successful in most things I've done.

It wasn't until college, when the rules changed pretty suddenly about what "success" meant, that I started falling flat on my face.

I can get into more detail about it with you on Skype later (I'm not posting this shit in a mafia game), but starting about 2 years ago, I started having issues with anxiety because of what I perceived to be a series of failures on my part. This got progressive worse through about a year ago, where I started getting panic attacks that were debilitating to the point that I couldn't even do basic school work.

I saw a therapist through last summer, and he helped me deal with a lot of that shit.

This game has caused me a lot of stress. RBD's been obvscum all game. it's not just the claim. It's been their entire approach to the game. From how they've been moving in lockstep with mastin, how they've trolled, how they've aggressively adhommed me and F-16 to hell and back (I've requested Cabd to warn them multiple times via Skype), and how they've dealt with the claim. All of it. It's beyond obvious to me, and it's been like running my cock through a meat grinder trying to get everyone else to see the same thing I'm seeing.

mastin's participation and constant emotional manipulation/borderline abuse towards things she knows make me tick and AP being strangely disconnected from me haven't helped, either.

Seeing the last few pages, seeing that this is going to be another Anything Goes where I'm fucking right but I'm basically losing to a popularity contest and a load of bullshit b/c I up certain aspects of my personality when I argue sent me into a major anxiety attack. I had to leave a social event (where I was reading from my phone) to try to get something down, but as I was posting, I was losing my ability to type. I told Cabd to put me V/LA through the rest of the day, and I've collected myself a bit, but my heart rate is still above what it is when I lift.

Nacho saying I caused this carnival of lunacy when I've been the one trying to cut through it is a load of bullshit.

You using a limited sample of my games to try to figure out what I'm doing here, when I'm an incredibly emotionally and gut driven player is bullshit.

Everything RBD/mastin has posted in thread about the gamestate is bullshit.

F-16 and GiF/Pie feel like my only allies in this game. They're the only ones I've been able to connect with all game. It feels like everyone else is ganging up on me, and even if they're not calling me names outright, they're implicitly siding with muffin calling me mentally retarded by not calling him out on it and calling him town for it.

Everyone in this game is implicit in mastin's immense emotional harassment of me. The shit she's pulled on me in this game, if we were dating IRL, would constitute emotional abuse. it's part of the game, but it's stressful to deal with.

I get that I put on the facade that I'm a badass, but I'm a very protective person. I'm a huge softy, and I feel bad trying to lynch people I'm close to.

Maybe it's fucked with my read on AP.

It's probably why I can't read penguin for shit.

And I'm alone in my room, almost in tears for the first time in about a year because I can't deal with this shit anymore.

I'm out. If you lynch me, you're lynching a more valuable role than a gladiator, especially one that belongs to scum.
Titan
Titan
Mafia Scum
Titan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3021 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:31 pm

Post by Titan »

In post 3014, Breakfast With Sandy wrote:
gut?

Elaborate? I have I'm as town, but I don't know if it's just because he feels so different from vesperia.
Half troll/Half wall.

AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #3022 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:32 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Discrediting is not scummy. Fed up town does it all the fucking time.
Kagura
Kagura
Goon
Kagura
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3023 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:32 pm

Post by Kagura »

I see emotional meltdowns everywhere and I don't think any of them are coming from scum.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #3024 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:33 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Bro when have we ever been on the same page? Certainly not most of street racers or that micro.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”