Yulia Jue
Goon
Yulia Jue
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2950 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:05 pm

Post by Yulia Jue »

Votecount 1-30

With 17 players alive, it will take 9 votes to lynch or nolynch.

PeregrineV (5): Kagura, AngryPidgeon, MastinSSK, Mac, Rancid Broderick Drake
MastinSSK (1): CupcakePanda
Just Sheep Us (3): orcinus_theoriginal, Red Gyarados, Breakfast With Stalin
AngryPidgeon (1): Lord Business
Rancid Broderick Drake (6): CarbonFiber, Just Sheep Us, PeregrineV, The Fox and the Hound, Yggdra Union, Clyton

Not Voting (1)

With 17 players alive, deadline is set for 18 days: (expired on 2014-04-18 00:01:39)

Mod note: Deadline is soon.

Last edited by Yulia Jue on Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CarbonFiber
CarbonFiber
Mafia Scum
CarbonFiber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2951 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:05 pm

Post by CarbonFiber »

I think both BRO and Desp are really, really incredibly town.
MastinSSK
MastinSSK
Goon
MastinSSK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2952 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:05 pm

Post by MastinSSK »

In post 2947, Mac wrote:Is there anywhere I should shift my vote that's not fucking bleeding town in an effort to save those that are bleeding town?
Sadly not. We've been trying to figure that out, but no such luck.
Natirasha
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2953 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:06 pm

Post by Natirasha »

F-16 the fact we are sitting here doing our damndest to keep you from lynching us and you literally are sitting in a goddamn echo chamber is so bothersome.

You pride yourself in being a well-read player, but you ignore the facts.

Scum Nati doesn't bitch and moan when caught.

Or how about who you are trusting on the read.

Nacho ffery mastin(ssk) mac

Vs

Gif desperado broseidon cephrir

Here's a hint: one of those groups has played a fuckton of games more with me than the other. And you know what they are saying?

VOTE: DespBRO because this is the wagon i actually want.
Natirasha is just a vestige, it's Contessa now.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #2954 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:06 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

K so I'm on my phone for the foreseeable future and I'm struggling to read posts as they come so ya. I'm here but only sort of.
MastinSSK
MastinSSK
Goon
MastinSSK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2955 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:06 pm

Post by MastinSSK »

In post 2951, CarbonFiber wrote:I think both BRO and Desp are really, really incredibly town.
Incredibly town would be a stretch.
Could be town is not, though.

Which is one reason I hesitate to support the wagon, there.
Kagura
Kagura
Goon
Kagura
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2956 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:07 pm

Post by Kagura »

In post 2955, MastinSSK wrote:
In post 2951, CarbonFiber wrote:I think both BRO and Desp are really, really incredibly town.
Incredibly town would be a stretch.
Could be town is not, though.

Which is one reason I hesitate to support the wagon, there.
I don't.

Vote: Just Sheep Us
Kagura Houyaisan - drinking until we forget our name
MastinSSK
MastinSSK
Goon
MastinSSK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2957 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:08 pm

Post by MastinSSK »

In post 2954, AngryPidgeon wrote:K so I'm on my phone for the foreseeable future and I'm struggling to read posts as they come so ya. I'm here but only sort of.
Apparently the wind has blown onto DesBRO.

This seems sub-optimal, but it's more optimal than Rancid I guess.

VOTE: Just Sheep Us.
Since I guess I should support the CW to Rancid even if I think that it's not a great one.
Breakfast With Sandy
Breakfast With Sandy
Goon
Breakfast With Sandy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2958 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:08 pm

Post by Breakfast With Sandy »

[quote="In post 2951, CarbonFiber"]I think both BRO and Desp are really, really incredibly town.[/quote

Did bro tell you he was going to telegraph the presence of your neighborhood to me?

I didn't catch it at the time, but that's what he did.
User formerly known as Sc*mf*ck.
Hydra of fferylt and Belisarius; clever signature line to be decided later
Kagura
Kagura
Goon
Kagura
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2959 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:08 pm

Post by Kagura »

In post 2945, CarbonFiber wrote:
In post 2895, Titan wrote:You're not asking me to vote for your scum reads though, and you're not trying to get to the bottom of why I might be hesitant though I'm pretty sure I said why yesterday. You got after me for voting and unvoting last night, though anyone who's ever played with me before should be able to follow that, and then you're saying you don't understand my hesitancy and I've voted being less certain before. Sure, I have but that doesn't really have much bearing on right now.

I am much more okay to vote somewhere I don't feel great about when there is some semblance of town cohesion or direction. There is none here, at all. This game has fractured into factions who are just yelling and fist pumping they're right and right now I can't tell if it's a bunch of town silently being egged on by scum who are benefitting or if it's scum yelling the loudest. This game doesn't make any gorram sense to me right now, and I can't figure out who I'll be helping with m vote.

I don't think you have the game figured out as solidly as you think you do because it doesn't feel like the game makes sense that way.
Okay. My question about hesitancy was more of why you were trying to be absolutely certain before placing a vote as opposed to going with someone who has a decent chance of being scum. For instance, I remembered in PYP, you voted for PowerOfDeath even though you thought that you weren't sure and even though you actually thought there was a pretty good chance that he was town. Now, it seems like you need to be absolutely certain beyond 100% doubt that RBD is scum and if you have even the slightest doubt that they may be town, you'd default to not voting them or voting an unnamed counterwagon even though the same principle should apply to everyone you are voting for (i.e. you can't be absolutely certain PV is scum either, but you are not going to use that standard before you vote him.

I think it should be fairly obvious to you that I am town and Pieguyn is town even if nothing else. You'd obviously be helping us push our wagon. There is a good chance RBD is scum, that AP is scum, and that Mastin is scum. Because you can't be certain isn't a reason to vote a lurker because you can't be certain about that lurker being scum as well. RBD is no more an asset to the game than PV. Their primary contribution to the game has been yelling, insulting, and spamming and burying the thread.
I've talked about my big glaring town tell for RBD.
Why are you ignoring it?
The Fox and the Hound
The Fox and the Hound
Goon
The Fox and the Hound
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2960 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:09 pm

Post by The Fox and the Hound »

In post 2910, MastinSSK wrote:
In post 2899, The Fox and the Hound wrote:I think scum are much more likely to play according to past town meta (unless they don't like scum/are very transparent), while a town player's play is likely to be evolving such that their townplay
will
change.
You realize you argued earlier in the game that this game resembling your past townplay and not your scumplay made you town, right?

(Nullscum moves to weakscum.)
As DV has pointed out, this is apparently based on DV expressing one viewpoint while I expressed another.
In post 2921, Kagura wrote:
In post 2913, The Fox and the Hound wrote:
In post 2902, Kagura wrote:
In post 2734, Rancid Broderick Drake wrote:
mastin wrote:Getting myself lynched first, watching as the town lynches my strongest townread, and secretly hoping the town loses is my thing. Don't go stealing it!
*shrug*

If Nati doesn't want to be lynched, he won't be lynched. I asked him to do something that could probably be considered against the spirit of the game, but since it's not a rule violation (I don't think) it will basically conftown us

In case it wasn't already obvious, I've asked him to paraphrase our entire hydra QT re: this game (200~ish posts so far, almost entirely me) - from the pre-game receiving role reactions to current, in order
I once again remind all people wagonning RBD of the post that should be enough to yank them out of their tunnel stupors.
If they do it and it looks genuine, I'd probably be swayed, but otherwise not by this alone.
They can't do it because it's a massive rules violation.
The way that this situation has come about is incredibly town and I really want you to think about if this comes from scum or not. Do you really think tha Muffin and Nati's frustration is fake, bullshitted, come up out of the blue? Because we have all seen Muffin fight lynches before. Has he ever fought a lynch like this at all?
Somehow I didn't get that 'rules violation' was the conclusion. I thought that the conclusion was 'meh, I don't feel like it', which wouldn't do much for me. Also, we asked if we could paraphrase or even quote parts of our hydra QT earlier in the game and it was fine, is that totally different?

I thought it could be. But I am feeling pretty good about you being town at this point (pretty much no thanks to you, but all the same) and I do trust towncho's reads more than my own. I don't know. If you can come up with a decent compromise lynch I might be okay with it but I'm not gonna go totally against my own reads either.

I haven't actually seen Muffin fight a lynch before that I recall?

~Ceph
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #2961 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:09 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Wow what a shock. This has nothing to do with their reads matching yours I'm sure.

Pedit: wind blown? He was scum in my game!!
MastinSSK
MastinSSK
Goon
MastinSSK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2962 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:09 pm

Post by MastinSSK »

Though this of course raises the slight concern that the DesBRO wagon goes through, is town, and F-16 uses it to launch a crusade against Rancid/myself.
The Fox and the Hound
The Fox and the Hound
Goon
The Fox and the Hound
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2963 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:10 pm

Addendum: I started writing that post before everyone started voting despbro and I am not a huge fan of that wagon :S
Just Sheep Us
Just Sheep Us
Goon
Just Sheep Us
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2964 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:10 pm

Post by Just Sheep Us »

In post 2958, Breakfast With Sandy wrote:
In post 2951, CarbonFiber wrote:I think both BRO and Desp are really, really incredibly town.[/quote

Did bro tell you he was going to telegraph the presence of your neighborhood to me?

I never did this.

You're blatantly lying and so obviously trying to misdirect a mislynch onto me it hurts.
Just Sheep Us
Just Sheep Us
Goon
Just Sheep Us
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2965 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:10 pm

Post by Just Sheep Us »

Holy shit what the fuck did I just read.
Titan
Titan
Mafia Scum
Titan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2966 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:10 pm

Post by Titan »

In post 2945, CarbonFiber wrote:
In post 2895, Titan wrote:You're not asking me to vote for your scum reads though, and you're not trying to get to the bottom of why I might be hesitant though I'm pretty sure I said why yesterday. You got after me for voting and unvoting last night, though anyone who's ever played with me before should be able to follow that, and then you're saying you don't understand my hesitancy and I've voted being less certain before. Sure, I have but that doesn't really have much bearing on right now.

I am much more okay to vote somewhere I don't feel great about when there is some semblance of town cohesion or direction. There is none here, at all. This game has fractured into factions who are just yelling and fist pumping they're right and right now I can't tell if it's a bunch of town silently being egged on by scum who are benefitting or if it's scum yelling the loudest. This game doesn't make any gorram sense to me right now, and I can't figure out who I'll be helping with m vote.

I don't think you have the game figured out as solidly as you think you do because it doesn't feel like the game makes sense that way.
Okay. My question about hesitancy was more of why you were trying to be absolutely certain before placing a vote as opposed to going with someone who has a decent chance of being scum. For instance, I remembered in PYP, you voted for PowerOfDeath even though you thought that you weren't sure and even though you actually thought there was a pretty good chance that he was town. Now, it seems like you need to be absolutely certain beyond 100% doubt that RBD is scum and if you have even the slightest doubt that they may be town, you'd default to not voting them or voting an unnamed counterwagon even though the same principle should apply to everyone you are voting for (i.e. you can't be absolutely certain PV is scum either, but you are not going to use that standard before you vote him.

I think it should be fairly obvious to you that I am town and Pieguyn is town even if nothing else. You'd obviously be helping us push our wagon. There is a good chance RBD is scum, that AP is scum, and that Mastin is scum. Because you can't be certain isn't a reason to vote a lurker because you can't be certain about that lurker being scum as well. RBD is no more an asset to the game than PV. Their primary contribution to the game has been yelling, insulting, and spamming and burying the thread.

You are misremembering the circumstances of pyp. I never voted power of death and never had any intention to. I said he was town but was a fine lynch because just about everyone was suspicious of him and he kept disappearing and when he did show up he was barely helpful. It didn't look like that was going to change, so he was dead weight that just about everyone wanted lynched. I don't fight those lynches.
Half troll/Half wall.

I'm (Arthur) the wall. Don't let Tammy fool you. She trolls you w/o you even knowing! It's like you're in a constant state on mindfuck. RUN WHILE YOU CAN.
Just Sheep Us
Just Sheep Us
Goon
Just Sheep Us
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2967 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:11 pm

Post by Just Sheep Us »

Like, seriously, fuck you guys.

I wasn't lying when I said this game was giving me an aneurysm.

I'm having an anxiety attack right now. It's the first one in about a year.

I seriously hate all of you
Breakfast With Sandy
Breakfast With Sandy
Goon
Breakfast With Sandy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2968 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:11 pm

In post 2960, The Fox and the Hound wrote:I haven't actually seen Muffin fight a lynch before that I recall?
You've missed some amazing and successful fights. Day 2 of Death's Diner. Day 2 and well beyond of GiF's touhou upick, where he fought off a cop guilty even after the cop flipped.
The Fox and the Hound
The Fox and the Hound
Goon
The Fox and the Hound
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2969 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:11 pm

In post 2964, Just Sheep Us wrote:
In post 2958, Breakfast With Sandy wrote:
In post 2951, CarbonFiber wrote:I think both BRO and Desp are really, really incredibly town.[/quote

I never did this.

You're blatantly lying and so obviously trying to misdirect a mislynch onto me it hurts.
What is this post going on about?
Kagura
Kagura
Goon
Kagura
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2970 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:11 pm

Post by Kagura »

In post 2921, Kagura wrote:
In post 2913, The Fox and the Hound wrote:
In post 2902, Kagura wrote:
In post 2734, Rancid Broderick Drake wrote:
mastin wrote:Getting myself lynched first, watching as the town lynches my strongest townread, and secretly hoping the town loses is my thing. Don't go stealing it!
*shrug*

If Nati doesn't want to be lynched, he won't be lynched. I asked him to do something that could probably be considered against the spirit of the game, but since it's not a rule violation (I don't think) it will basically conftown us

In case it wasn't already obvious, I've asked him to paraphrase our entire hydra QT re: this game (200~ish posts so far, almost entirely me) - from the pre-game receiving role reactions to current, in order
I once again remind all people wagonning RBD of the post that should be enough to yank them out of their tunnel stupors.
If they do it and it looks genuine, I'd probably be swayed, but otherwise not by this alone.
They can't do it because it's a massive rules violation.
The way that this situation has come about is incredibly town and I really want you to think about if this comes from scum or not. Do you really think tha Muffin and Nati's frustration is fake, bullshitted, come up out of the blue? Because we have all seen Muffin fight lynches before. Has he ever fought a lynch like this at all?
You can also talk about this, F-16.
MastinSSK
MastinSSK
Goon
MastinSSK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2971 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:11 pm

Post by MastinSSK »

In post 2961, AngryPidgeon wrote:Pedit: wind blown? He was scum in my game!!
What's your reasoning for not being on the DesBRO wagon, AP?
Breakfast With Sandy
Breakfast With Sandy
Goon
Breakfast With Sandy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2972 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:12 pm

In post 1516, Just Sheep Us wrote:So, ffery, given your current read-state, how to you view the narrative of mastin/Titan/RDB/CF/FoxHound/AP/myself based on your reads (i.e., who's doing what in terms of actions?)
Right here - you posted this to the same goddamn player you crumbed the dethy to in Death's Diner.
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #2973 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:13 pm

Post by Cabd »

Bumps
Show
Have retired for good; Life is too busy to have time or energy for mafia. It was fun~

And then, a Miracle, a Dance Game and a flight of fancy struck, one more game into the abyss
Just Sheep Us
Just Sheep Us
Goon
Just Sheep Us
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2974 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:13 pm

Post by Just Sheep Us »

Like, I'm trying to be logical to address points.

But I just can't/

I can't do anything right now.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”