Yulia Jue
Goon
Yulia Jue
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2700 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:35 pm

Post by Yulia Jue »

Votecount 1-26

With 17 players alive, it will take 9 votes to lynch or nolynch.

PeregrineV (4): Kagura, AngryPidgeon,
MastinSSK
, Mac, Clyton,
MastinSSK (2): CupcakePanda, Yggdra Union
Just Sheep Us (3): orcinus_theoriginal, Red Gyarados, Rancid Broderick Drake
AngryPidgeon (1): Lord Business
Rancid Broderick Drake (4): CarbonFiber, Just Sheep Us, PeregrineV, The Fox and the Hound

Not Voting (2): Titan, Breaskfast with Stalin

With 17 players alive, deadline is set for 18 days: (expired on 2014-04-18 00:01:39)

Mod note: Please note the deadline.

Last edited by Cabd on Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #2701 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:37 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Can we lynch Cabd today?
Red Gyarados
Red Gyarados
Goon
Red Gyarados
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2702 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:38 pm

Post by Red Gyarados »

I'd prefer not to. This game re-motivated me to purchase Tales of Xillia this past Friday and I think it's going to be the first JRPG I complete since Dark Cloud 2.
Yulia Jue
Yulia Jue
Goon
Yulia Jue
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2703 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:40 pm

Post by Yulia Jue »

In post 2702, Red Gyarados wrote:I'd prefer not to. This game re-motivated me to purchase Tales of Xillia this past Friday and I think it's going to be the first JRPG I complete since Dark Cloud 2.
Make sure to play the Jude route first or shit won't make any sense, and enjoy!
CarbonFiber
CarbonFiber
Mafia Scum
CarbonFiber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2704 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:41 pm

Post by CarbonFiber »

In post 2577, Breakfast With Sandy wrote:I'm about ready to say fuck it and yolo Beli's mastin read.
Is this still a thing? I'm voting Rancid right now but if you are willing to go for Mastin, I'll switch over. Tl;dr, I think they are both scum but will settle for the lynch that is more achievable and that at least one of your heads is fully behind as opposed to continuing pushing Rancid with you pushing a compromise wagon.

As for Rancid and I agreeing, I was really, really transparent with my thought process over the course of the game. I have 11 very strong townreads. Rancid isn't going to push AP, Mastin is specifically trying to get out of lynching AP like I predicted all along.

~ F-16
MastinSSK
MastinSSK
Goon
MastinSSK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2705 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:43 pm

Post by MastinSSK »

In post 2690, Yggdra Union wrote:says the person who generally treats objectively bad play from an objectively good player as a decent scumtell?
Umm. That's AP's saying. Not mine.

I used it against AP at a time where I thought AP was scum.
if you're not trying to manipulate him, what are you trying to do here?
Rant, of course. It's just that my caps lock and exclamation mark quota has been exceeded for the gameday, meaning that my rants are more subtle. (Only half-joking.)
from your in-thread actions, one can figure out what your motivations are, and by doing so figure out your alignment.
Then why the fuck am I not a townread?
what exactly is the point of this?
Ranting at you for repeating Xenosaga without a second of pausing to think about how you're misreading me.
you do know you were scum in that game right
Doesn't change the fact that it was a good question to ask.
I don't see where you're going with any of your questions to F-16
Well, at the time I asked the question, I hadn't given up hope, so the point at the time was to hopefully inspire a whammy in him when he realized he had nothing if I was town. I also wasn't entirely sure he was town, and was hoping for some sort of answer. But eh. Him scumreading me stubbornly at this point is on him, not me.
In post 2675, MastinSSK wrote:Sort-of, yes. I'm pointing out that if his words of working with others actually carried any weight he would. I'm saying that if he actually believed himself not to be arrogant, he'd be listening to what they're saying. I don't expect him to townread me for it. But if he was town-that's-not-arrogant, I'd expect him to be at least hesitant to scumread me.
what the actual fuck is this?
Exactly what it sounds like. There's no attempt to scumread him. Nor any attempt to discredit him, unless him being arrogant inherently discredits him. (In which case, sure, it counts as discrediting.) There is simply pointing out that he's lying to himself about not being arrogant.

Same as with you.
there is literally no way in hell F-16 is ever going to be lynched this game.
Him having multiple times been a leading wagon with traction implies otherwise. Sure, he's probably not going to get lynched, but saying he never could be lynched? Nah. He could be. He just won't be.
the rest of his posting is very transparent which is smth scum F-16 can't fake.
To those who have the neighborhood, yes. But I don't see it off of his in-thread posting. I see him as town, because the connection's there, loosely enough that I can connect the dots and see the picture form, even though the picture forming is mostly of arrogance beyond what I was hoping a town-him could muster.
so yeah I would expect you to be worried about a possible mislynch on F-16 not working
If I'm worried about a mislynch not working, I never bother to push the mislynch. I defend the player instead. You'd know this by basically researching any of my scumgames where I do anything even resembling WKing.
You're just trying to ask a bunch of smokescreening questions and cause enough confusion to derail the lynch off yourself.
...Except the lead wagon, PV, is precisely who I'm aiming to get lynched. There's no smokescreen, no derailing. The players doing the derailing are you, F-16, and DesBro, because the wind has blown onto PeregrineV.
srsly, where the fuck are you actually going with any of these angles?
If you actually bothered to read, you'd know the answer already. A scum me has an angle, has a plan, in place for victory. The very fact that you think that there are multiple angles in my posting shows why I'm not scum. Because multiple angles means that I'd lack direction. Lack clarity. Something a scum me never does. (Though I can fake it, admittedly.)
until you can come up with some actual legitimate points, I won't bother responding to any of your posts, as there's no need to. get rekt ~
Okay, so normally, I'd say "At least when I'm arrogant, I have the decency to admit I'm arrogant", which was true early-game, but I can't say that with a straight face after arguing with AP and about Fox/Hound. But at least when I'm arrogant, I
generally
am willing to accept that, yes, I'm arrogant. If you actually said this out loud, you'd realize what I mean.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #2706 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:45 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

@Brian: So why it does make you think Bork is townish for that? You actually talked about how it made more sense for town him AND scum him in general, so where is this read coming from?

@Mastin: Ya BRO pointed that out to me in thread after the neighborhood got outed. That Bork WAS probably subconsciously slipping about the neighborhood. Weren't you one of the people telling me tht my semantics argument was a reach though :S

So I really dunno what to make of Ceph's posts recently. The mastin read is weird and the flop onto RBD feels uninspired?
Just Sheep Us
Just Sheep Us
Goon
Just Sheep Us
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2707 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:50 pm

Post by Just Sheep Us »

In post 2701, AngryPidgeon wrote:Can we lynch Cabd today?
Why aren't you voting the slot that claimed scum.

That question really applies to everyone not voting RBD.
Just Sheep Us
Just Sheep Us
Goon
Just Sheep Us
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2708 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:51 pm

Post by Just Sheep Us »

In post 2706, AngryPidgeon wrote:@Mastin: Ya BRO pointed that out to me in thread after the neighborhood got outed. That Bork WAS probably subconsciously slipping about the neighborhood. Weren't you one of the people telling me tht my semantics argument was a reach though :S
fwiw everyone in the neighborhood also called it a reach.

I think we're both just kind of crazy :/
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #2709 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:51 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Just Sheep Us
Just Sheep Us
Goon
Just Sheep Us
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2710 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:52 pm

Post by Just Sheep Us »

You want a p5 lynch over the scum who scum claimed.

Are you fucking kidding me.
MastinSSK
MastinSSK
Goon
MastinSSK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2711 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:53 pm

Post by MastinSSK »

In post 2704, CarbonFiber wrote:Tl;dr, I think they are both scum but will settle for the lynch that is more achievable and that at least one of your heads is fully behind as opposed to continuing pushing Rancid with you pushing a compromise wagon.
The problem with this is that thinking zMuffin is town necessitates thinking I am town.

Sure, yeah, sadly not vice-versa.

And, sure, yeah. zMuffinman scum means nothing for my alignment.

But if there's doubt about zMuffinman being scum, they're not going to vote either Rancid or me because of that.
In post 2706, AngryPidgeon wrote:Weren't you one of the people telling me tht my semantics argument was a reach though :S
I thought painting them as being scum for it was itself scummy. Painting them as being town for it, however, makes sense now that we know about the neighborhood. Circumstances are everything, and all that.
So I really dunno what to make of Ceph's posts recently. The mastin read is weird and the flop onto RBD feels uninspired?
Why is it that when you're beginning to actually be suspicious of them, I'm beginning to
not
be suspicious of them? >_<
(That made more sense in my head.)
MastinSSK
MastinSSK
Goon
MastinSSK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2712 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:59 pm

Post by MastinSSK »

In post 2700, Yulia Jue wrote:
Votecount 1-26

With 17 players alive, it will take 9 votes to lynch or nolynch.

PeregrineV (4): Kagura, AngryPidgeon,
MastinSSK
, Mac, Clyton,
MastinSSK (2): CupcakePanda, Yggdra Union
Just Sheep Us (3): orcinus_theoriginal, Red Gyarados, Rancid Broderick Drake
AngryPidgeon (1): Lord Business
Rancid Broderick Drake (4): CarbonFiber, Just Sheep Us, PeregrineV, The Fox and the Hound

Not Voting (2): Titan, Breaskfast with Stalin

With 17 players alive, deadline is set for 18 days: (expired on 2014-04-18 00:01:39)
There does need to be scum on Rancid, by the way, though the question is whether it's one or two. And if only one, which it is and where off the wagon to look.

Kinda thinking Lord Business actually is scum, here, though, but I've got nothing. It goes against my read on LB having been a townread, but with POE as it currently is, it's a real possibility.
The thing making me doubt one/both of orc/DesBro being scum would be orc's vote there, though bussing wouldn't be out of the equation, especially since orc's vote was a throwaway vote and he hasn't done much.

/lazy half-hearted VCA.
MastinSSK
MastinSSK
Goon
MastinSSK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2713 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:02 pm

Post by MastinSSK »

I am looking forward to something, though.

I mean.
When I'm proven wrong.
I'm honest enough to admit it, and recognize my screwup.

I'm deeply.
Deeply.
Interested to see what F-16 and pie do.

If they're men enough to man up and admit they've fucked up, or if they pin the blame on the player they just mislynched. Which applies regardless of whether they'd get a Muffin or Mastin mislynch.
Red Gyarados
Red Gyarados
Goon
Red Gyarados
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2714 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:07 pm

Post by Red Gyarados »

In post 2706, AngryPidgeon wrote:@Brian: So why it does make you think Bork is townish for that? You actually talked about how it made more sense for town him AND scum him in general, so where is this read coming from?
I did point to both possible alignments for him. But I'm leaning towards the townish narrative. I think it's more likely his defense of JSU was town-motivated unless you think he was planning on outing his neighborhood at some point.
MastinSSK
MastinSSK
Goon
MastinSSK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2715 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:08 pm

Post by MastinSSK »

('Course, obviously, I'm advocating PV be lynched.
But if one of us two was to be lynched, I am deeply curious to see what type of reaction it is. If it's "*lynchedplayer*, what the fuck.", maybe with optional blacklisting, or maybe they press on to mislynch the other. Or if they admit that yes, they were full of shit.

Like, when I read my posts, I can tell they were arrogant. When reading their posts, I can also tell they're arrogant. If they actually pulled off a mislynch, then I've got a vested interest in learning if they deserve to be called students of mine.)
MastinSSK
MastinSSK
Goon
MastinSSK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2716 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:12 pm

Post by MastinSSK »

(And of course pie's going to call that manipulative.
Don't give a damn.
It's the truth.

Sure, truth is the most powerful weapon of a scum player, but it still stings sharply when utilized by a rambling town player.
F-16 is being arrogant. pie is being arrogant. They claim not to be at the top of the world, yet their actions don't match those words.
So I need to ramble about it.)
MastinSSK
MastinSSK
Goon
MastinSSK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2717 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:21 pm

Post by MastinSSK »

Oh, and while we're on the subject of me rambling,
I have the third-highest post count this game.

Tammy's a beast who has the highest, with a slight aid from SAD.

AP's a beast, who at second place in spite of being a replacement is truly impressive.

There are two players close to me, Stalin and Rancid, both hydras. (Yes, I realize I'm also a hydra, but SSK's basically done something like ten posts. I guess I could ping him again, though I'm not sure he'd have much to say other than "DON'T LYNCH RANCID YOU MORONS" which I'm already doing plenty of myself. :P) Both also with one head dominant, but still. Fairly impressive overall.

I basically never get this high in games. I typically only get into the lower-hundreds. So there's that to also be somewhat proud of. (Granted, having a high post count isn't exactly something to be bragging about, given that it makes isoing a pain. But I can't help but feel that pride anyway that, yes. I got that much typed, and it was basically all content. Even if content not valuable to the me in the now.)
Just Sheep Us
Just Sheep Us
Goon
Just Sheep Us
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2718 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:22 pm

Post by Just Sheep Us »

Hey mastin, shut up and let your buddy fall on his sword already.

Seriously.

It's pissing me off.
MastinSSK
MastinSSK
Goon
MastinSSK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2719 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:25 pm

Post by MastinSSK »

In post 2718, Just Sheep Us wrote:It's pissing me off.
Like I care about pissing you off.

You're town, you've earned it.
You're scum, it's good for me.
Just Sheep Us
Just Sheep Us
Goon
Just Sheep Us
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2720 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:27 pm

Post by Just Sheep Us »

blah blah mist mist mist.

Is all I see from you.

Shut up and lose already.

(in b4 people tell me to stop being so mean despite the bullshit muffinz and you have been pulling all game)
MastinSSK
MastinSSK
Goon
MastinSSK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2721 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:28 pm

Post by MastinSSK »

I do hope that if you're town (big if at this point), your right to read me has been revoked.
MastinSSK
MastinSSK
Goon
MastinSSK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2722 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:30 pm

Post by MastinSSK »

*Do hope you realize
Just Sheep Us
Just Sheep Us
Goon
Just Sheep Us
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2723 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:31 pm

Post by Just Sheep Us »

:roll:

You've never read me correctly, even when you've been scum, so...
MastinSSK
MastinSSK
Goon
MastinSSK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2724 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:40 pm

Post by MastinSSK »

In post 2723, Just Sheep Us wrote:You've never read me correctly, even when you've been scum, so...
Yes, I have.
Oh, I read you wrong in the same games I read you right.

But unlike you, my read actually evolved. Because I'm not an arrogant asshole that has too high an opinion of myself. So I managed to get the right read, in spite of the initial misread.

I kinda wish that I could summon the calmness I have right here and now in post-game. Because come post-game, be it mental health or time constraints, I'm not going to be like this. I'll either be unavailable or will be available in such a bad mood that all I do is rant and chastise without focusing on the constructive half of my criticisms. But needless to say, the town in your little trio, be it one, two, or all three (two most likely), would be the receiver(s) of a rather massive one. In massive part because actual students of mine would listen to my teachings and realize they were ignoring them, rather than (as they thought) using them. In massive part because players who I held immense respect for would have deeply damaged it by having discarded that all.

But oh well. Fair warning to them that I will be ranting post-game should be good enough.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”