CarbonFiber
CarbonFiber
Mafia Scum
CarbonFiber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2100 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:19 pm

Post by CarbonFiber »

In post 2095, Breakfast With Sandy wrote:I don't think you realized how you came off in the early game, with the obvtown declaration on relatively thin soup, and how weakly supported your 180 on Titan looked. Probably the only reason I gave it the credence I did was because of your reaction test of me in 169, which also looked objectively weak to me, and raised some questions about your alignment that I harbored for a good while afterwards.
Yeah, I can tell when I make an "off" entrance that is my fault. I enter games in a variety of ways, sometimes well, occasionally badly. This was one of the latter times. There was enough information in the thread for me to have easily townread Titan when I entered the game but I didn't absorb all of it to develop a read. I only did upon being asked so that was an "off" note and I understood that the initial suspicion was justified. Also, Titan's push on me made them obvtown and it wouldn't have been incredibly productive to continue pushing. It was similar to my push on ETL in There is No Doctor where I instantly facepalm at myself and realize that the person was town all along. I think the suddenness of the realization makes it difficult for people to follow.

It would be much, much easier for me as scum to just say that Titan is town and leave it at that since if they are town, they would become obvtown anyways. I wouldn't want to develop an unnecessarily complicated read.

At this point, I think there is enough in the thread to realize that everything I am doing is to advance the town wincon even if it didn't originally become clear. I am developing and posting my reads and POE and arguing for lynches while keeping the noise level in the thread to a bare minimum by moving away from back-and-forths that I don't think will help or benefit the town. I also doubt I would pour this much genuine effort to work with not just a few players but with everyone.

~ F-16
The Fox and the Hound
The Fox and the Hound
Goon
The Fox and the Hound
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2101 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:23 pm

Post by The Fox and the Hound »

In post 2099, MastinSSK wrote:
In post 2098, The Fox and the Hound wrote:^posts like that make me die on the inside and you just keep doing them
Explain. I'm curious.
I can't stand the "let me personally appeal (but not very well) to everyone in some group" posts. It's, like... not mafiascum scummy, but the conventional definition of scummy. I need a synonym for that. That one in particular was also painfully formulaic.
Just Sheep Us
Just Sheep Us
Goon
Just Sheep Us
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2102 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:25 pm

Post by Just Sheep Us »

In post 1967, AngryPidgeon wrote:
In post 1963, Clyton wrote:@AP: earlier you said that Mastin is clearly Town, but due to recent developments, you are inclined to believe she is scum based on her behavior and actions towards you. Let me ask: is she your strongest scumread and therefore, you are voting her based on that? (Also, is this scum level stronger than she is town level?) Or do you just want to lynch her because she is the "weakest link" to the town and that there is no other viable scummy options at the moment?
No, I think Kagura is probably my favorite pick for scum right now. A side of Carbon and PV. Id probably rather lynch any of these 3 than mastin, but Ive long since given up on wagoning CF and Kagura. Mastin seems determined to accuse me of bussing PV and then not actually do anything when I suggest we wagon PV, so ya. Mastin is a fine place to vote unless people want to lynch my other picks.
Y u no lynch RBD with me :(
Just Sheep Us
Just Sheep Us
Goon
Just Sheep Us
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2103 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:29 pm

Post by Just Sheep Us »

In post 1983, CupcakePanda wrote:Interesting.

It does feel like CupcakeTown is one of those "popular" reads this game though.
Probably because I've yelled about it a lot.

Sometimes me yelling about things works.
Just Sheep Us
Just Sheep Us
Goon
Just Sheep Us
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2104 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:30 pm

Post by Just Sheep Us »

In post 1986, MastinSSK wrote:Know what?

Fuck this.

It's not like I'm going to get nightkilled at this point anyway.

AP's going to get total revenge. Total revenge because not only am I right, not only is he scum, but also because he gets to lynch the one player he wouldn't be able to nightkill.

Claim: Ruca Milda, Reincarnated God

I am essentially a modified treestump. It's not called that. And is broken into two halves, but is the best description for my role. I'm not just nightkill immune. I'm immune to ANY form of death except lynch. That's the death-immune part. The no vote part you've already seen. I am a child from innocence from Naraka (which, yes, means I'm an innocence child :P), but thanks to this trope (actually, a cousin trope, but it's the actual name of the ability, so I'm not sure I can claim that), I'm classified as both male AND female for abilities dependent on gender.

You can find my iso literally filled to the brim with things about this.
Like why this is a strong ability, why I wasn't afraid to hint at it, why I wanted to be investigated (because a scum who is both kill-immune AND investigation-immune is horribly overpowered), and why I said that it's a role that would either conftown me or get me speedlynched. (Depending on how it's perceived.)
So wait, you're a
shittier
tree stump.

And you're calling it the most powerful role ever?

Da fuq?
Just Sheep Us
Just Sheep Us
Goon
Just Sheep Us
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2105 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:34 pm

Post by Just Sheep Us »

In post 2011, Titan wrote:All it takes is one of you. Just one of you to realize that you've made all the points you're going to make. Just one of you to realize that you're drowning out the game. Just one of you to realize that it's two days to deadline and this isn't helping. Just one of you to walk away.

One of you should.

Taking a couple days away from mafia did some good and I don't actually think I'll dip out of the rest of the day phase like I thought yesterday. However, I have shit ton of grading to finish tonight, so I probably won't be back until tomorrow unless I get a good chunk of this done or just need a break.

It would be nice if one of you would disengage.
This is also fixable by lynching one of them.

Preferably the one who's scum who somehow thought that a shittier version of a tree stump was somehow a god-role.
Just Sheep Us
Just Sheep Us
Goon
Just Sheep Us
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2106 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:36 pm

Post by Just Sheep Us »

In post 2023, AngryPidgeon wrote:WE'RE LYNCHING PV TODAY, EVERYONE VOTE IT UP PLEASE.
No
Breakfast With Sandy
Breakfast With Sandy
Goon
Breakfast With Sandy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2107 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:36 pm

Post by Breakfast With Sandy »

In post 2102, Just Sheep Us wrote:
In post 1963, Clyton wrote:@AP: earlier you said that Mastin is clearly Town, but due to recent developments, you are inclined to believe she is scum based on her behavior and actions towards you. Let me ask: is she your strongest scumread and therefore, you are voting her based on that? (Also, is this scum level stronger than she is town level?) Or do you just want to lynch her because she is the "weakest link" to the town and that there is no other viable scummy options at the moment?
No, I think Kagura is probably my favorite pick for scum right now. A side of Carbon and PV. Id probably rather lynch any of these 3 than mastin, but Ive long since given up on wagoning CF and Kagura. Mastin seems determined to accuse me of bussing PV and then not actually do anything when I suggest we wagon PV, so ya. Mastin is a fine place to vote unless people want to lynch my other picks.
reads that would be relatively easy become conflicted messes when players I kinda think are town scumread each other so doggedly.

why do you think RBD is scum?

and ask desp if he thinks scum-nati would spend the Song uPick trust card today.
User formerly known as Sc*mf*ck.
Hydra of fferylt and Belisarius; clever signature line to be decided later
CarbonFiber
CarbonFiber
Mafia Scum
CarbonFiber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2108 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:42 pm

Post by CarbonFiber »

Also, ffery I am not really seeing why you have trouble following my thought process or play in this game. Compared to Mastin, Muffin/Nati, and AP who have literally buried this thread under an avalanche of back-and-forths that bear no purpose to the thread other than make it difficult for the other players to catch up and post, I think the scum motivation is rather obvious here. Nati complaining about the game state and blaming it on me (and Titan) isn't something that actually makes sense considering he also commended Mastin and AP for their "brevity." Sure, he also commended you and your posts aren't noise by any means, but his overall representation of the gamestate is hugely off. Whether it makes him scummy is debatable but it is clear to me who has an interest in progressing the game and who is trying to bury it. Since you've been pretty cagey about your thoughts, I am not sure how you are viewing this game or where you are coming from and I'd like to see it. I also want to know if you think Nati's complaints about the game have any merit whatsoever considering the stuff he and Muffin are posting, and their choices in who and what to engage and how. At this point in time, you're the only player here that I trust has read every post written in this game and has read what I read and seen what I saw. What do you want to do with the rest of this day? How can we optimize the remaining time we have and help the town the most?

~ F-16
Just Sheep Us
Just Sheep Us
Goon
Just Sheep Us
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2109 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:47 pm

Post by Just Sheep Us »

In post 2107, Breakfast With Sandy wrote:
reads that would be relatively easy become conflicted messes when players I kinda think are town scumread each other so doggedly.

and ask desp if he thinks scum-nati would spend the Song uPick trust card today.
This read really shouldn't be that hard.

They've done nothing all game but make or support shit pushes. From the onset, with mastin attacking Tammy for... no good reason, they were immediately buddied up. There's a quote from Mean Girls that's pretty apt here:

There's also the whole burying the thread in noise thing and the alt-slipping and pretending to be each other to obfuscate who is thinking what, but that's more "icing on the cake" than "needed to demonstrate their scumminess"
Breakfast With Sandy
Breakfast With Sandy
Goon
Breakfast With Sandy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2110 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:51 pm

CarbonFiber wrote:Also, ffery I am not really seeing why you have trouble following my thought process or play in this game. Compared to Mastin, Muffin/Nati, and AP who have literally buried this thread under an avalanche of back-and-forths that bear no purpose to the thread other than make it difficult for the other players to catch up and post, I think the scum motivation is rather obvious here. Nati complaining about the game state and blaming it on me (and Titan) isn't something that actually makes sense considering he also commended Mastin and AP for their "brevity." Sure, he also commended you and your posts aren't noise by any means, but his overall representation of the gamestate is hugely off. Whether it makes him scummy is debatable but it is clear to me who has an interest in progressing the game and who is trying to bury it. Since you've been pretty cagey about your thoughts, I am not sure how you are viewing this game or where you are coming from and I'd like to see it. I also want to know if you think Nati's complaints about the game have any merit whatsoever considering the stuff he and Muffin are posting, and their choices in who and what to engage and how. At this point in time, you're the only player here that I trust has read every post written in this game and has read what I read and seen what I saw. What do you want to do with the rest of this day? How can we optimize the remaining time we have and help the town the most?

~ F-16
You're talking about post ?

That post was not long after AP replaced in, and before most of the shit hit the fan.

I understood where he was coming from, but I also know how 169 was getting to him and killing his interest in the game at times.

I'm part of the problem, though, when it comes to the extinction of <30 page day 1s.
Rancid Broderick Drake
Rancid Broderick Drake
Goon
Rancid Broderick Drake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2111 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:53 pm

Post by Rancid Broderick Drake »

In post 2108, CarbonFiber wrote:I also want to know if you think Nati's complaints about the game have any merit whatsoever considering the stuff he and Muffin are posting
What do you mean he
and
Muffin

It is quite obvious that only one head is using the RBD account at the moment, and that's been the case for like a week now.

I am the one who is burying the thread. I'm playing YOUR shitty game because you fucknuts wouldn't stop, I even made it quite clear that's what I'd be doing
because
you fucknuts wouldn't stop

Get a taste of your own shitty medicine
Rancid Broderick Drake
Rancid Broderick Drake
Goon
Rancid Broderick Drake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2112 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:54 pm

The first 50 pages of this thread are nothing but noise from you so don't play the "OMG I'm so town not creating noise" card, F16
Breakfast With Sandy
Breakfast With Sandy
Goon
Breakfast With Sandy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2113 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:57 pm

In post 2109, Just Sheep Us wrote:
In post 2107, Breakfast With Sandy wrote:

This read really shouldn't be that hard.

They've done nothing all game but make or support shit pushes. From the onset, with mastin attacking Tammy for... no good reason, they were immediately buddied up. There's a quote from Mean Girls that's pretty apt here:

There's also the whole burying the thread in noise thing and the alt-slipping and pretending to be each other to obfuscate who is thinking what, but that's more "icing on the cake" than "needed to demonstrate their scumminess"
the alt-slipping and pretending to be each other has become a running gag, and has (sadly) been one of the more enjoyable things in what has turned out to be a serious pain of a game. The "noise" they've contributed pales in comparison to some of the other noise.

And keep in mind that despite the fact that mastin and AP have dominated this game in recent days, earlier today Titan was still 100 posts ahead of the next most prolific poster.

I own some of the blame because I disengaged rather than yelling about how helpful to scum that kind of thread-noise is.
CarbonFiber
CarbonFiber
Mafia Scum
CarbonFiber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2114 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:00 pm

Post by CarbonFiber »

In post 2110, Breakfast With Sandy wrote:You're talking about post ?

That post was not long after AP replaced in, and before most of the shit hit the fan.

I understood where he was coming from, but I also know how 169 was getting to him and killing his interest in the game at times.

I'm part of the problem, though, when it comes to the extinction of <30 page day 1s.
The thing about 169 is that I could tell that Maraca were a bad push even as I pushed them. That's why I jumped off so easily. Me and Mara/Cabd both got too involved in pushing each other and I could see why Nati would say that my posts were bad at that point because the overall push was just bad from both sides. But I don't any of my pushes in this game were "bad" or something I would regret and apologize at endgame for. I get the 180 on Titan but it is what it is and I explained it as well as I could and it is up to others to figure it out.

Nati and I didn't have any trouble bouncing thoughts off of each other in later days in 169 either.

I didn't understand where he was coming from in Post . It didn't make sense to me. What's the background, i.e. where is he coming from with regard to this game?

~ F-16
Rancid Broderick Drake
Rancid Broderick Drake
Goon
Rancid Broderick Drake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2115 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:02 pm

In post 2113, Breakfast With Sandy wrote:the alt-slipping and pretending to be each other to obfuscate who is thinking what
THREE EASY STEPS TO FIGURING OUT WHO WROTE THE POST:

(1) DID NATI SIGN IT? IF SO, HE DIDN'T WRITE IT
(2) DID MUFFIN SIGN IT? IF SO, HE DIDN'T WRITE IT
(3) DID NOBODY SIGN IT? FIGURE IT THE FUCK OUT FOR YOURSELF BECAUSE OUR POSTING STYLE ISN'T AT ALL SIMILAR
Breakfast With Sandy
Breakfast With Sandy
Goon
Breakfast With Sandy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2116 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:04 pm

In post 2114, CarbonFiber wrote:
In post 2110, Breakfast With Sandy wrote:You're talking about post ?

The thing about 169 is that I could tell that Maraca were a bad push even as I pushed them. That's why I jumped off so easily. Me and Mara/Cabd both got too involved in pushing each other and I could see why Nati would say that my posts were bad at that point because the overall push was just bad from both sides. But I don't any of my pushes in this game were "bad" or something I would regret and apologize at endgame for. I get the 180 on Titan but it is what it is and I explained it as well as I could and it is up to others to figure it out.

Nati and I didn't have any trouble bouncing thoughts off of each other in later days in 169 either.

I didn't understand where he was coming from in Post . It didn't make sense to me. What's the background, i.e. where is he coming from with regard to this game?

~ F-16
I said where he's coming from in that post:
In post 2110, Breakfast With Sandy wrote:the extinction of <30 page day 1s.
Breakfast With Sandy
Breakfast With Sandy
Goon
Breakfast With Sandy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2117 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:05 pm

I think you screwed that quote up. I didn't say it was obfuscating. I said it was a running gag.
Rancid Broderick Drake
Rancid Broderick Drake
Goon
Rancid Broderick Drake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2118 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:07 pm

That was meant to be a JSU quote, dunno how it pulled up your name
Rancid Broderick Drake
Rancid Broderick Drake
Goon
Rancid Broderick Drake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2119 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:10 pm

Also both the last posts were me.

-Nati
CarbonFiber
CarbonFiber
Mafia Scum
CarbonFiber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2120 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:10 pm

Post by CarbonFiber »

In post 2116, Breakfast With Sandy wrote:the extinction of <30 page day 1s.
That wasn't as in-depth as I hoped but okay. If I stretch, maybe I can buy he wanted numerically lower number of posts and were complaining about the most prolific posters. But what's the big picture? Why are Rancid town?

~ F-16
Just Sheep Us
Just Sheep Us
Goon
Just Sheep Us
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2121 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:11 pm

Post by Just Sheep Us »

In post 2112, Rancid Broderick Drake wrote:The first 50 pages of this thread are nothing but noise from you so don't play the "OMG I'm so town not creating noise" card, F16
I got plenty of useful stuff from 1-24, and AP replaced in on page 40ish.
Rancid Broderick Drake
Rancid Broderick Drake
Goon
Rancid Broderick Drake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2122 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:13 pm

FYI, ffery, Nati wants F16's blood, and I'm not at that point yet but I have zero interest in interacting with him in any way except to go, "Dawwww that's adorable, he thinks he's people"

So whatever hopes you have of your town reads working together are not going to happen in this game
Just Sheep Us
Just Sheep Us
Goon
Just Sheep Us
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2123 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:14 pm

Post by Just Sheep Us »

In post 2113, Breakfast With Sandy wrote:the alt-slipping and pretending to be each other has become a running gag, and has (sadly) been one of the more enjoyable things in what has turned out to be a serious pain of a game. The "noise" they've contributed pales in comparison to some of the other noise.

And keep in mind that despite the fact that mastin and AP have dominated this game in recent days, earlier today Titan was still 100 posts ahead of the next most prolific poster.

I own some of the blame because I disengaged rather than yelling about how helpful to scum that kind of thread-noise is.
It's not enjoyable. Do you know what's enjoyable? Scum getting lynched. Not scum doing stupid schticks because they feel like it.

Look at the interactions that lead Tammy to spam-post as hard as she did. She was the central figure in this game for a very long time. Why was that the case?

Because mastin and RBD started attacking her relentlessly for no good reason.

And yelling about how helpful thread-noise is to scum does jack shit; fixing the problem
by removing the scum who are causing it
it how to deal with it.
Just Sheep Us
Just Sheep Us
Goon
Just Sheep Us
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2124 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:15 pm

Post by Just Sheep Us »

In post 2115, Rancid Broderick Drake wrote:
In post 2113, Breakfast With Sandy wrote:the alt-slipping and pretending to be each other to obfuscate who is thinking what
THREE EASY STEPS TO FIGURING OUT WHO WROTE THE POST:

(1) DID NATI SIGN IT? IF SO, HE DIDN'T WRITE IT
(2) DID MUFFIN SIGN IT? IF SO, HE DIDN'T WRITE IT
(3) DID NOBODY SIGN IT? FIGURE IT THE FUCK OUT FOR YOURSELF BECAUSE OUR POSTING STYLE ISN'T AT ALL SIMILAR
How about you don't rely on stupid schticks and play the fucking game.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”