AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #1550 (ISO) » Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:56 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 1548, Clyton wrote:Although my posts are somewhat opinionated, it does not mean I am prideful about such matters. Why do I open myself to be corrected then? Why do I wish to engage other people in thoughtful dialogue? Is it not natural for any town member to engage others in dialogues so that they can understand one another when their perspective contains no sure-tell of who's part of which alignment?

Also, while it is a great skill for scum to be manipulative, I disagree with towns wanting to see results they want to see. Unlike the mafia as a collective team, the townie can only make things happen by him/herself. It will be a great jump to assume things can go according to what you want. Ideally, a town should analyze the options and choose the most favorable one while making the most out of dire situations.

I will be taking a look back at the recent updates since my last post. But, I will declare V/LA again at least until Saturday hopefully. I have two exams and one due essay coming up tomorrow, and once I finish those, I'll be done my school year aka more time to spend here!
There is nothing wrong with being prideful, I think thats a town sign? Maybe "prideful" was the wrong word in this instance, but only kind of.

-Interjection: Im a little perturbed you didnt talk about me pointing out I havent defended SheepUs and was in fact pushing them, but ok-

I didn't say you are railroading lynches and closing yourself off. To the contrary, you seem quite interested in interjecting into the main CF that is going on and parsing said CF. By pride I mean you have some certainty to your reads that looks genuine even if misguided (once again, Im town and I dont know where you got the impression I was defending BRO when you posted this..). And you are showing fairly independent thought by acknowledging the Fox/Hound wagon but deciding to stick with your vote (more example of what I mean by pride).
In post 1548, Clyton wrote:most out of dire situations.
What do you qualify as a dire situation?
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1551 (ISO) » Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:24 am

Post by PeregrineV »

20 pages? :evil:
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Red Gyarados
Red Gyarados
Goon
Red Gyarados
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1552 (ISO) » Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:32 am

Post by Red Gyarados »

I'll have a lot more time to devote to this during the weekend and I can start finishing my catch-up later today.

Just. so. many. words. to. read. through.

~Brian
Breakfast With Sandy
Breakfast With Sandy
Goon
Breakfast With Sandy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1553 (ISO) » Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:00 am

Post by Breakfast With Sandy »

In post 1549, Mac wrote:
In post 1351, Breakfast With Sandy wrote:
In post 1345, The Fox and the Hound wrote:
If anyone reads a single one of my posts this game, make it this one.

Muffin. There is a chance you are town. You were in 169. Does this not look exactly, and I mean EXACTLY like what happened to me in that game.
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... &start=400

I am not hard to win arguments against. Because I very often can't back up my actions. My stances sometimes don't make sense, and even when they do, I hardly know why I have the opinions I do.

If you really think it looks more like my tunnel on bulbafenix in 165, I can't help you. Because it doesn't. I actually won that argument because I got to make up nice-sounding reasons.
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... &start=200

I can't make those links work properly. But it really is worth bothering to look at them.

All that is required for evil to triumph is for good men to stand by and do nothing. It's seeming as though the people who normally prevent me from being a free mislynch are not interested. This bothers me, but whatever. Scum appear to have figured this out. Without them I'm little better than 2008 consistent day 1 lynch cephrir. Maybe it's not the people I think it is, but they will be on this wagon. That's not a threat, it's a promise.

I feel like the gang up on me here feels exactly like 169, and I think the people I'm fighting with are going to turn out to be scum again. Please actually think about this and make this the one time you all don't completely ignore someone posthumously if I am indeed lynched today. That is all.
This is town as fuck.
I think I second this, and have retracted my scumread on Fox at the minute. They're still null because I think their reasons for pushing RBD are poor, but that post was good.

UNVOTE:

I hope you don't mind being drafted into my townbloc.
User formerly known as Sc*mf*ck.
Hydra of fferylt and Belisarius; clever signature line to be decided later
CupcakePanda
CupcakePanda
Goon
CupcakePanda
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1554 (ISO) » Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:44 am

Post by CupcakePanda »

Hmm...

HMM
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1555 (ISO) » Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:53 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 1127, AngryPidgeon wrote:PV, you think one of KAgura/Yakumo is scum but not both?
The names blur. I initially liked one for town, and one less so.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1556 (ISO) » Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:58 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 1147, The Fox and the Hound wrote:PV, I am confused as to how quoting the post helped at all?
If you mean the playerlist its because there are a shitload of hydras and I use my ISO like a QT thread to keep my thoughts. At some sorry point I'll have to crack through the hydra heads and look for tells, and isoing the mod+me+another player just for playerlist is a pain.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Lord Business
Lord Business
Townie
Lord Business
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1557 (ISO) » Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:05 am

Post by Lord Business »

Prod dodge post. Sorry, but I have no input because I haven't been reading recent events
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1558 (ISO) » Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:06 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 1219, Just Sheep Us wrote:I'D QUOTE YOU THE FUCKING POST, BUY TURNS OUT YOU CAN'T QUOTE FROM LOCKED THREADS WITH THE QUOTE BUTTON.
PM it, then copy it from the PM into the thread. or link to it.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1559 (ISO) » Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:08 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 1223, Rancid Broderick Drake wrote:PV is totally disengaged from the game in a way that he usually isn't when he's town. There's no signs of effort. There's no signs of analysis. There's no signs of anything that he does when he's town. The way he's disengaged from the game here reminds me of how he was playing in the recently finished mafiassk large. It's the same lack of analysis. The same lack of effort. I'm pretty sure PV is scum here and I know he looks like scum in every single fucking game but this is so blindingly obvious that I don't know how others cannot see it, let alone think he's town.
I used to be "hard town". What happened?
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Breakfast With Sandy
Breakfast With Sandy
Goon
Breakfast With Sandy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1560 (ISO) » Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:08 am

GiF!

What are your reads?
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1561 (ISO) » Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:11 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 1242, MastinSSK wrote:PeregrineV: I want you in the game analyzing. Even if you're town, I wouldn't cry at your death at this point, which is bad for you.
13 pages to see if there is any *actual* information.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1562 (ISO) » Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:13 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 1246, Rancid Broderick Drake wrote:Hey BRO

Just so we're clear

You think we claimed Hated Miller Gladiator out the gate because... we're scum who decided claiming an extremely negative utility role that was easily provable was a gooooooooood idea because... DERP DERP DERP I'M BRO AND I'M HOPING NOBODY THINKS ABOUT THIS AND THIS MISLYNCH GOES THROUGH WITHOUT ME LOOKING OBVSCUM
Since you are REALLY sticking with this, when you gladiate, if it take 8 to lynch the other guy, does it take only 7 to lynch you? Or, is your hated modifer "always on", as it it ALWAYS takes one less than normal to lynch you?
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Yukari Yakumo
Yukari Yakumo
Goon
Yukari Yakumo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1563 (ISO) » Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:19 am

Post by Yukari Yakumo »

Town

Fox
Mac
CF
JSU
Kagura
fery
notsci
Kat bc everyone said so
clyton
LB
Titan

town but due to doublecheck bc holy hell so much opposition
AP

scum
mastin

rest I have no memory of them
Svenskt Stål (12:21) you are pur evil hell spawn
Modding Account.
Yukari Yakumo
Yukari Yakumo
Goon
Yukari Yakumo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1564 (ISO) » Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:19 am

Post by Yukari Yakumo »

Oh and RBD in AP pile
Svenskt Stål (12:21) you are pur evil hell spawn
Modding Account.
Breakfast With Sandy
Breakfast With Sandy
Goon
Breakfast With Sandy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1565 (ISO) » Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:29 am

What do you think is your most controversial read?
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #1566 (ISO) » Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:38 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Obviously me and RBD?
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1567 (ISO) » Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:41 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 1418, AngryPidgeon wrote:This game does not look like town PV btw.
Ahh good. Praytell, what does town PV look like?
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Breakfast With Sandy
Breakfast With Sandy
Goon
Breakfast With Sandy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1568 (ISO) » Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:45 am

In post 1567, AngryPidgeon wrote:Obviously me and RBD?
muttering under my breath about tromping through my lines of questioning.
The Fox and the Hound
The Fox and the Hound
Goon
The Fox and the Hound
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1569 (ISO) » Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:57 am

Post by The Fox and the Hound »

In post 1455, Kagura wrote:
In post 872, Rancid Broderick Drake wrote:Do ye think
That I be town?
Please let it be so, Nacho
Don't let me down

-Nati
I was gonna vote you before I was pinged by the Fox!
Oh, so you really were... um, okay... that makes me go back to feeling conflicted again, I guess it would have been really easy for you to take bork's explanation if it wasn't true, but I don't really see any reason for this even though I'm trying to.
In post 1456, Kagura wrote: Mastin's claim needs to be a fakeclaim unless you think the weird thing he's going to claim is going to be his real role as scum, in which case it seems pretty useless in what's bound to be a power heavy game. Do you disagree with that?
Pretty sure DV already said this but yes.
In post 1508, Kagura wrote:BUT I ACTUALLY THINK DV MIGHT ACTUALLY BE TOWN
AND IM STILL NOT DONE READING BUT I ALSO LIED TO MY GIRLFRIEND ABOUT BEING CAUGHT UP
Are you deliberately ignoring me? I couldn't blame you for that strategy on some level but if that's the case I'd like to hear you say it. Perhaps it would be intelligent for me to do the inverse/converse, whichever of those is the right one
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1570 (ISO) » Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:57 am

Post by PeregrineV »

Ok softball game to go to. Not liking Fox/Hound wagon at this point.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
The Fox and the Hound
The Fox and the Hound
Goon
The Fox and the Hound
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1571 (ISO) » Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:36 pm

In post 1528, MastinSSK wrote:
In post 1400, The Fox and the Hound wrote:Trying to explain why I am not scum is not alignment indicative and never will be
Again, it's the way it was done. This is something a bit difficult to describe, since it kinda ties into the magic-town stuff, about a player who either is or isn't scum. And that's part of it. A town player generally has a good idea of why they're town...
but can't (or if they can, won't) point to specific things that make them town, especially not things tied to the difference/similarities between games.
This is just not true. I know when I feel a way I've felt before and when something happens to me that's happened before.
In post 1445, MastinSSK wrote:
Cephrir, Xenogears, dead QT wrote:Mastin wasn't a threat, she was a mislynch I thought I could get. And I would have gotten away with it too if it weren't for you meddling kids.
^Ceph's take on me last game.
Posting quickly, be back much later.
And now that I am back, I can elaborate. Basically, this is how Cephrir viewed me last game. Someone who, in spite of scumreading him, was no threat, and in fact, he thought I was mislynchable. He's got the exact same read of me this game. He doesn't think I'm a threat. He doesn't think that my scumread on him is problematic. He thinks he can actually get a lynch on me. And this attitude towards me is, again, a large part of the reason I think he's scum. (I had better wording in my head at the time, but I can't pull past-me's reasoning up.) Basically...he's playing a con game. Again. Like he was in that game. There were a multitude of comments about him being townread, and at least one or two of them were from meta if memory serves me. Because that's what he wanted them to see.

And this game, he's doing the same thing. There are a fair number of people townreading him, a LOT from meta, because that's what he wants them to see. Instead of him actually being town, he's made himself look like town. That's basically the main reason AP's scum, too, because AP's done the same damn thing. Yes. They look good, because they put effort into looking good. No, they aren't actually good. Because that wasn't their goal. They aren't aiming to be town; they're aiming to do a good job of looking town. That's my read of them, of their posting, of their situation.[/quote]
In post 1530, MastinSSK wrote:
In post 1451, Titan wrote:Would you like me to post your take on players when you were scum?
No, but I can fake my thoughts of scum on each of the players, as they originally were and as their replacements come. (Obviously, has the same problem as last game in that I don't actually know who would be scum.)
See this is great and all, but none of it works unless you've already decided AP and I are scum. When you start scumreading me for playing like town, I start to walk out.
The Fox and the Hound
The Fox and the Hound
Goon
The Fox and the Hound
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1572 (ISO) » Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:37 pm

Quote tags are SO HARD
The Fox and the Hound
The Fox and the Hound
Goon
The Fox and the Hound
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1573 (ISO) » Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:38 pm

In post 1530, MastinSSK wrote: But I am getting really. fucking. sick. and. tired. of. people. comparing. every. damn. game. to. anything. fucking. goes. EVERY. DAMN. GAME. I was scum. I played well, in spite of seeming obvscum to others. I won. Get over it. And read me in the now. Not the then.
Oh please, you just want meta to go away because it doesn't benefit you.
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #1574 (ISO) » Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:38 pm

Post by Cabd »

Votecount 1-16

With 17 players alive, it will take 9 votes to lynch or nolynch.

PeregrineV (2): Breakfast With Stalin, Kagura
MastinSSK (4): CupcakePanda, Carbon Fiber, The Fox and the Hound, Yukari Yakumo
Just Sheep Us (1): Titan
Rancid Broderick Drake (1): Just Sheep Us
AngryPidgeon (2): Lord Business, Clyton
The Fox and the Hound (3): orcinus_theoriginal,
MastinSSK
, Rancid Broderick Drake, Red Gyarados
Kagura (1): AngryPidgeon

Not Voting (2): Mac , PeregrineV

With 17 players alive, deadline is set for 18 days: (expired on 2014-04-18 00:01:39)
Last edited by Yulia Jue on Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Currently in COVID hell, population: Entire Household

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”