orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #750 (ISO) » Sat Apr 05, 2014 3:41 am

Post by orcinus_theoriginal »

I definitely don't remember f16 posting this prolifically so either whatever meta I'm using is just completely off or f16 is excited about drawing scum

Also a reminder that hawk is boringly not-town

I'm caught up
We are lazy people on an adventure, flirting with life but too shy to go all the way.
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #751 (ISO) » Sat Apr 05, 2014 3:43 am

Post by orcinus_theoriginal »

Actually I take what I just said about f16 back

I mixed up f16 and fourtrouble in my head

Everything commences as usual
We are lazy people on an adventure, flirting with life but too shy to go all the way.
Titan
Titan
Mafia Scum
Titan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #752 (ISO) » Sat Apr 05, 2014 4:59 am

Post by Titan »

ORC YOU ARE TOWN RIGHT?
Half troll/Half wall.

I'm (Arthur) the wall. Don't let Tammy fool you. She trolls you w/o you even knowing! It's like you're in a constant state on mindfuck. RUN WHILE YOU CAN.
CarbonFiber
CarbonFiber
Mafia Scum
CarbonFiber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #753 (ISO) » Sat Apr 05, 2014 5:06 am

Post by CarbonFiber »

In post 701, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:
In post 640, CarbonFiber wrote:Also, Tammy I feel there is something missing from your play so far.

~ F-16
i'll pay attention

pedit: serious vote?
I think Tammy feels town overall. Maybe a weaker townread than I've had on her in other games but still town. I am looking for a few other things but that should be obvious as the day goes on.

~ F-16
CarbonFiber
CarbonFiber
Mafia Scum
CarbonFiber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #754 (ISO) » Sat Apr 05, 2014 5:15 am

Post by CarbonFiber »

Orc feels town too.
~ F-16
CarbonFiber
CarbonFiber
Mafia Scum
CarbonFiber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #755 (ISO) » Sat Apr 05, 2014 5:36 am

Post by CarbonFiber »

Tammy, here's who I think is town (will provide reasons later): Titan, Kagura, Mac, Fox, Breakfast, Orc, Red Gyarados, Lord Business
Scum are among: Rancid, MastinSSK, JustSheepUs, Cupcake, Clyton, ElementalHawk, Yukari, PereV

I need to refine this list a little and I'll re-read each of them to make sure.
~ F-16
Titan
Titan
Mafia Scum
Titan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #756 (ISO) » Sat Apr 05, 2014 6:06 am

Post by Titan »

Ill comment on the reads list in a bit. I'm heading out and want to read through Arthur's thoughts.

But! I just realized I've played with fourtrouble before. I thought I hadn't but something was bugging me so I checked it out this morning, and we were in jeebus' abandoned misaligned game together! I've been thinking that was GiF all this time, so whoa I've had a different view of GiF's scum game, which is funny because I actually replaced GiF in that game. Okay I feel a bit back to normal. (Fourtrouble wasn't scum in that game but was in f11 which is how I knew ft was town in jeebus' game, but yeah)
Half troll/Half wall.

I'm (Arthur) the wall. Don't let Tammy fool you. She trolls you w/o you even knowing! It's like you're in a constant state on mindfuck. RUN WHILE YOU CAN.
CarbonFiber
CarbonFiber
Mafia Scum
CarbonFiber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #757 (ISO) » Sat Apr 05, 2014 6:17 am

Post by CarbonFiber »

Updating my reads. NotScience and LB sort of faded out so I don't really feel confident in those reads so I'll wait to see what they post after they come back.

I felt that
Orcinus's
confusion over FT and me and desire to sort FT felt genuine and the things he picked up on are accurate enough differentiators of our playstyles. The way he handled it didn't feel like it had an agenda as well. His reaction to MastinSSK in Post felt fairly natural and his trying to sort Breakfast, then Kagura, then Titan (and then maybe FT and I) makes sense with what I would expect from Orc.

BreakfastWithStalin's
interaction with me felt slightly town and I felt the point about discussing reads more in-depth after NY169 made sense and is exactly the way I'd expect ffery as town to go about sorting differences in meta from game to game. I also think the pro-active, yet reserved manner comes across as townish and it feels like she has thoughts that she is holding back but in a natural way.

I'm going to reread the thread and Swagtown to solidify my Fox read and see what RG and LB produce when they come back.
Spoiler:
Town (S->W): Titan, Kagura, Mac, Orc, Breakfast, Fox <gap> RedGyarados, LordBusiness

~ F-16
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #758 (ISO) » Sat Apr 05, 2014 7:29 am

Post by PeregrineV »

Saturday post!
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Just Sheep Us
Just Sheep Us
Goon
Just Sheep Us
Goon
Goon

Post Post #759 (ISO) » Sat Apr 05, 2014 7:58 am

Post by Just Sheep Us »

Prod received. Cabd annoyed with me and Desp. He and I are still having trouble connecting, and I haven't made a chunk of 1-2 hours to catch up on this shit.
CupcakePanda
CupcakePanda
Goon
CupcakePanda
Goon
Goon

Post Post #760 (ISO) » Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:09 am

Post by CupcakePanda »

I know who I'm shooting tonight.

SCUMZ CANT LURK AND HIDE 4EVA

SERIOUSLY GUIZ
BRO SCUM GG
Lord Business
Lord Business
Townie
Lord Business
Townie
Townie

Post Post #761 (ISO) » Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:48 am

Post by Lord Business »

Are you townreading me cold f16, or is meta involved there?
CarbonFiber
CarbonFiber
Mafia Scum
CarbonFiber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #762 (ISO) » Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:22 am

Post by CarbonFiber »

In post 762, Lord Business wrote:Are you townreading me cold f16, or is meta involved there?
Honestly, I am not sure how I want to approach this read. I'll try to respect your decision to want to be read cold but I can't just forget what I know of your meta. I won't say it in the thread though, it'll all be in my head. I do have a question: why did you make a case on our slot and conclude that our later posts are town? You even asked me why in post why I was posting anything if I had nothing solid and am waffling so I assumed if you were waffling on me, by that logic you wouldn't want to post anything.
~ F-16
MastinSSK
MastinSSK
Goon
MastinSSK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #763 (ISO) » Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:02 am

Post by MastinSSK »

In post 674, Elementalhawk wrote:I am extremely lost in this game, and I blame the overabundance of meta-references that I don't understand/have time to go research. I feel like I am playing a game with a gazillion inside jokes.

Someone talk to me.
Strongly feel like this post comes from scum.
In post 685, Titan wrote:VOTE: just sheep us
Valid point.
In post 717, Titan wrote:I think if I were completely left to my own devices I'd have mastin as more than likely scum.
What is
with
people reading my play as scum, yet concluding town from reputation, others, and whatnot? I don't see it. Like. Normally. I see it. If I'm not obvtown, I know I'm not obvtown and call tell. But...well. I'm obvtown.
In post 725, Yulia Jue wrote:Carbon Fiber (2): [/color]
MastinSSK
, Rancid Broderick Drake, Mac
Oh, shit.

So
that's
how it works. (And here I was hoping we could pull a fake-hammer gambit.)

It's only about a third of our claim (eh, more like 2/5ths), but I might as well fullclaim that aspect of our role. I'm not going to randomly fullclaim everything, but part of our role dictates that our vote doesn't count when on the lead wagon until there are nine or less players alive, akin to Saki being hated while there's more than five alive.

So basically, we can vote, but our vote won't count towards the lynch of a player (since lynching requires a player to BE the lead wagon) until 9 players. Thus, why I believe that we have four scum, since that's the cutoff point.
Lord Business
Lord Business
Townie
Lord Business
Townie
Townie

Post Post #764 (ISO) » Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:06 am

Post by Lord Business »

Because I had made a commitment to explain what I had found off about you but then during that isolated reread I found a turning point in your posts where I wasn't feeling he suspicion of you over.

I'm not going to twist your points or make the argument fit the read I want to see, so I had to call it as I saw it.

Part of joining this game without prejudice was to also attempt to extend the same courtesy to everyone in this I'm reading. I am playing without bias as much as possible.

But I fear I'm losing sight of the game, and I may have to focus on one or two people for his day. Cupcake panda intends to troll their way through, and so unless I see a reason to consider another wagon my vote can stay there indefinitely.
Lord Business
Lord Business
Townie
Lord Business
Townie
Townie

Post Post #765 (ISO) » Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:07 am

Post by Lord Business »

That was a response to carbon fiber
Lord Business
Lord Business
Townie
Lord Business
Townie
Townie

Post Post #766 (ISO) » Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:10 am

Post by Lord Business »

In post 764, MastinSSK wrote:
In post 674, Elementalhawk wrote:I am extremely lost in this game, and I blame the overabundance of meta-references that I don't understand/have time to go research. I feel like I am playing a game with a gazillion inside jokes.

Someone talk to me.
Valid point.
In post 717, Titan wrote:I think if I were completely left to my own devices I'd have mastin as more than likely scum.
What is
with
people reading my play as scum, yet concluding town from reputation, others, and whatnot? I don't see it. Like. Normally. I see it. If I'm not obvtown, I know I'm not obvtown and call tell. But...well. I'm obvtown.
MastinSSK
Oh, shit.

So
that's

It's only about a third of our claim (eh, more like 2/5ths), but I might as well fullclaim that aspect of our role. I'm not going to randomly fullclaim everything, but part of our role dictates that our vote doesn't count when on the lead wagon until there are nine or less players alive, akin to Saki being hated while there's more than five alive.

So basically, we can vote, but our vote won't count towards the lynch of a player (since lynching requires a player to BE the lead wagon) until 9 players. Thus, why I believe that we have four scum, since that's the cutoff point.
It seems nine players remaining is a pivotal point in the game for aspects of certain peoples roles.
Clyton
Clyton
Goon
Clyton
Goon
Goon

Post Post #767 (ISO) » Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:12 am

Post by Clyton »

In post 764, MastinSSK wrote:

Someone talk to me.
Valid point.
What is
with
MastinSSK
Oh, shit.

So
that's

It's only about a third of our claim (eh, more like 2/5ths), but I might as well fullclaim that aspect of our role. I'm not going to randomly fullclaim everything, but part of our role dictates that our vote doesn't count when on the lead wagon until there are nine or less players alive,
akin to Saki being hated while there's more than five alive.

I'm a bit confused, so I would like you to clarify for me. Who is Saki? And how did you conclude 4 scum players based on your voting restriction again?
Clyton
Clyton
Goon
Clyton
Goon
Goon

Post Post #768 (ISO) » Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:13 am

Post by Clyton »

OK nevermind, I see the scenario. Makes sense, otherwise, if you can't be on the leading wagon when it is 9 players, it would be a draw assuming 4 scum votes one player and the other 4 (excluding Mastin) vote another player.

[/b]/Unvote[/b]
Clyton
Clyton
Goon
Clyton
Goon
Goon

Post Post #769 (ISO) » Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:13 am

Post by Clyton »

/Unvote
Clyton
Clyton
Goon
Clyton
Goon
Goon

Post Post #770 (ISO) » Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:15 am

Post by Clyton »

Then it leads me to this MastinSSK. Did you not trust what Yulia Jue posted in her first set of posts? Are you saying she's one of those mods who deliberately puts a red herring? Obviously I wouldn't know because this is the first game I'm playing with her as the mod, so I would like some useful background information.
Titan
Titan
Mafia Scum
Titan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #771 (ISO) » Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:16 am

Post by Titan »

Hmmm

Going back to the bois then

VOTE: justsheepus
Half troll/Half wall.

Titan
Titan
Mafia Scum
Titan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #772 (ISO) » Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:18 am

Post by Titan »

Saki was a player in tales of vesperia. He was hated until there were 5 players left, then he became loved.

Hated - takes one less to lupynch, loved takes one more.
Half troll/Half wall.

MastinSSK
MastinSSK
Goon
MastinSSK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #773 (ISO) » Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:21 am

Post by MastinSSK »

In post 735, Clyton wrote:I assumed people read the first set of mod posts and just took mental note of it.
I, uh, really didn't. :oops:

Like, the mods actually telling us how many scum are in the game is news to me. :P I really didn't know. You can tell I didn't, either; look here.
In post 162, mastin2 wrote:Yep, five scumreads. Four
might
be possible (especially given a stronger town, which I can already tell we have), but five? Heck no; I need one or two less.
I was basically saying, explicitly, "I think there's four scum, not five nor three." That, uh. Wasn't me joking around. :P
In post 768, Clyton wrote:I'm a bit confused, so I would like you to clarify for me. Who is Saki? And how did you conclude 4 scum players based on your voting restriction again?
Previous Tales game reference--Saki's role was Hated when more than five players lived, and loved with five or less. This aspect of my role is similar, in that my vote won't count on the lead wagon until there are nine or less players alive. As for how I concluded four scum from that, it's simple, really. Why end my restriction at nine players? The obvious answer is that 9 alive with all scum living would be lylo. And 9p lylo requires...four scum.

As I said, this isn't the entirety of my role. There's a fair bit extra in there. (That negative utility obviously means my role has positive utility, too.) But it's a significant portion of my role.
Clyton
Clyton
Goon
Clyton
Goon
Goon

Post Post #774 (ISO) » Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:21 am

Post by Clyton »

In post 773, Titan wrote:Saki was a player in tales of vesperia. He was hated until there were 5 players left, then he became loved.

Hated - takes one less to lupynch, loved takes one more.
Noted and appreciate the help.

I will be reading the Vesperia game to see how Yulia Jue is thinking in the making of the roles, and if what she posts (as the mod) is consistent with what happened in the game. I want full clarity before something unexpected pops up just because of the possibility that what Yulia Jue posted turns out not to be true.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”