Breakfast With Sandy
Breakfast With Sandy
Goon
Breakfast With Sandy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Tue Apr 01, 2014 3:44 am

Post by Breakfast With Sandy »

In post 400, Titan wrote:After the game empire pointed out a couple of reasons I should never had read ffery as scum past like the second page anyway.
I'm not giving you those reasons this game.

btw do you remember Nati scumreading you in NY 169? There was one hilarious geists crosspost where he and I reacted completely differently to one of your posts. I dunno if that does or should factor in to your RBD read.
User formerly known as Sc*mf*ck.
Hydra of fferylt and Belisarius; clever signature line to be decided later
Kagura
Kagura
Goon
Kagura
Goon
Goon

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Tue Apr 01, 2014 3:48 am

Post by Kagura »

ffery wrote:Although I think I might be able to fool bork as scum, I don't think as scum I'd interact with him in quite the same way I've done here. It's a subtlety, but I think it's something that players who know me well probably pick up on.
Attempting to cut past the self-awareness stuff: yes, you probably can fool me. I don't actually have a lot of practice having to read you (generally when I play with you I'm occupying the same slot as you or you die early or I'm scum). I think maybe Walking Dead is the only notable exception to all of those that I can really think of offhand.

In what way have you really interacted with me so far other than to put forth a cursory read on me? That just strikes me as an odd angle to even develop at this point in the game.

-b
Kagura Houyaisan - drinking until we forget our name
Breakfast With Sandy
Breakfast With Sandy
Goon
Breakfast With Sandy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Tue Apr 01, 2014 3:53 am

I was thinking of where I called your post 87 town. If I were scum, that was not the post I would have called you town for because it cuts a little close to the bone in terms of my feelings about town players when I'm scum.
Titan
Titan
Mafia Scum
Titan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:02 am

Post by Titan »

In post 402, Breakfast With Sandy wrote:
In post 400, Titan wrote:After the game empire pointed out a couple of reasons I should never had read ffery as scum past like the second page anyway.

btw do you remember Nati scumreading you in NY 169? There was one hilarious geists crosspost where he and I reacted completely differently to one of your posts. I dunno if that does or should factor in to your RBD read.
Why aren't you giving me those reasons this game?

Also, I do remember that in NY169, and incidentally I feel so much like I did that game but I'm trying to not get as frustrated. What I figured, at the time and couldn't say, was that Red Wine was happening at the same time and I figured that Nati was a little more suspicious of me than he would have normally been due to him being my partner in that game. Red Wine was one of my better scum games, so it made a bit of sense to me that he would be a bit more cautious then.

There's been that game and three more since then, and him even mentioning Too Many Heads doesn't make any sense. I still refuse to believe that's Nati. Not after how easily he was able to differentiate between my actual frustration in Attack on Titan and my fake attempt at frustration in Too Many Heads, and how easily he was able to read me as town in Tales of Vesperia.

I don't even know what my read on them is this game.
Half troll/Half wall.

I'm (Arthur) the wall. Don't let Tammy fool you. She trolls you w/o you even knowing! It's like you're in a constant state on mindfuck. RUN WHILE YOU CAN.
Kagura
Kagura
Goon
Kagura
Goon
Goon

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:03 am

Post by Kagura »

Nacho just told me that he's been posting early reads in our old Hydra QT from Legend of Zelda and I had no idea

He's got Tammy early town from (paraphrasing) genuine vesperia frustration + early reaching to/sorting of notscience head
LB/MastinSSK/RG are all early town reads for him too and I don't object to any of them (although I might still call LB null).

-b

p-edit: why did you use the term 'that was not
the
post I would have called you town for' (emphasis mine) as if you knew beforehand there was going to be one (but not necessarily which one).
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:21 am

Post by fferyllt »

In post 405, Titan wrote:

Well, not yet anyway. My base mood and involvement are different in this game. I hadn't really thought about the first few pages of Vesperia until I read this post, but you wound up eliciting a sort of kneejerk tell from me. That kind of town tell comes at a cost, and there aren't that many players at MS who see it for what it is anyway.
Also, I do remember that in NY169, and incidentally I feel so much like I did that game but I'm trying to not get as frustrated. What I figured, at the time and couldn't say, was that Red Wine was happening at the same time and I figured that Nati was a little more suspicious of me than he would have normally been due to him being my partner in that game. Red Wine was one of my better scum games, so it made a bit of sense to me that he would be a bit more cautious then.
Yeah, that makes a little more sense of both of your reads/behaviors in early NY169.

There's been that game and three more since then, and him even mentioning Too Many Heads doesn't make any sense. I still refuse to believe that's Nati. Not after how easily he was able to differentiate between my actual frustration in Attack on Titan and my fake attempt at frustration in Too Many Heads, and how easily he was able to read me as town in Tales of Vesperia.

I don't even know what my read on them is this game.[/quote]
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
Breakfast With Sandy
Breakfast With Sandy
Goon
Breakfast With Sandy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:22 am

In post 407, fferyllt wrote:
In post 405, Titan wrote:

Well, not yet anyway. My base mood and involvement are different in this game. I hadn't really thought about the first few pages of Vesperia until I read this post, but you wound up eliciting a sort of kneejerk tell from me. That kind of town tell comes at a cost, and there aren't that many players at MS who see it for what it is anyway.
Yeah, that makes a little more sense of both of your reads/behaviors in early NY169.

I don't even know what my read on them is this game.
me.
Lord Business
Lord Business
Townie
Lord Business
Townie
Townie

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:23 am

Post by Lord Business »

Has cupcake panda left the game?
Breakfast With Sandy
Breakfast With Sandy
Goon
Breakfast With Sandy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:27 am

In post 406, Kagura wrote:Nacho just told me that he's been posting early reads in our old Hydra QT from Legend of Zelda and I had no idea

He's got Tammy early town from (paraphrasing) genuine vesperia frustration + early reaching to/sorting of notscience head
LB/MastinSSK/RG are all early town reads for him too and I don't object to any of them (although I might still call LB null).

-b

p-edit: why did you use the term 'that was not
the
post I would have called you town for' (emphasis mine) as if you knew beforehand there was going to be one (but not necessarily which one).
If I were scum, I'd be on the lookout for a post I could call town, but I would have passed on that one more because of the reasons I'd call it town than anything.

There absolutely would be more posts I could confidently call town as scum. There have been several since 87 that are probably stronger townposts than that one. You bleed town copiously as town and you're well aware of it.
Breakfast With Sandy
Breakfast With Sandy
Goon
Breakfast With Sandy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:28 am

VOTE: Yukari
Kagura
Kagura
Goon
Kagura
Goon
Goon

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:39 am

Post by Kagura »

In post 410, Breakfast With Sandy wrote:There absolutely would be more posts I could confidently call town as scum. There have been several since 87 that are probably stronger townposts than that one. You bleed town copiously as town and you're well aware of it.
Therein was the root of my question I suppose: were you actually seeing the bleed-iness of my posting, because your comment really only makes sense in the context where you are seeing that. I just don't see any other reaction to my posts other than the one you did comment on.

flurgh. I'll admit I don't know where to go with this.

-b
Titan
Titan
Mafia Scum
Titan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:47 am

Post by Titan »

In post 397, Titan wrote:also, the above post was brought to you by the word literally, apparently.
TAMMY THAT'S LITERALLY MY WORD D:
Half troll/Half wall.

I'm (Arthur) the wall. Don't let Tammy fool you. She trolls you w/o you even knowing! It's like you're in a constant state on mindfuck. RUN WHILE YOU CAN.
Titan
Titan
Mafia Scum
Titan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:48 am

Post by Titan »

this game isn't going fast enough

hint: if i can keep up with the game then there's something inherently wrong going on.
Half troll/Half wall.

Breakfast With Sandy
Breakfast With Sandy
Goon
Breakfast With Sandy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:54 am

In post 412, Kagura wrote:
In post 410, Breakfast With Sandy wrote:There absolutely would be more posts I could confidently call town as scum. There have been several since 87 that are probably stronger townposts than that one. You bleed town copiously as town and you're well aware of it.
Therein was the root of my question I suppose: were you actually seeing the bleed-iness of my posting, because your comment really only makes sense in the context where you are seeing that. I just don't see any other reaction to my posts other than the one you did comment on.

flurgh. I'll admit I don't know where to go with this.

-b
I'm not sure about the timing you're asking about here. We exchanged a few comments before your 87, and I think it's evident in my posts before 87 that I hadn't nailed down a town read prior to that.

I wanted you guys to be town this game, and I was damn glad I didn't necessarily have to sort Nacho in order to figure out your alignment.
The Fox and the Hound
The Fox and the Hound
Goon
The Fox and the Hound
Goon
Goon

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:27 am

Post by The Fox and the Hound »

In post 378, MastinSSK wrote: But Ffery's hydra's a minor townread. (Overall fferyness just seems town.) Just Sheep Us is *probably* town. (Yes, a guess.) Orc, in spite of basically just stopping in to say "hello", is a decent townread, too. (Content
could
be strong scumplay, but I don't think so.) PV's a very minor townread. (His attitude is sending off all kinds of townbells.)
This paragraph is just really bizarre. I wish you could stop with the "[player who has literally not posted] is town" crap, I'm trying to give you a fair chance here but that isn't helping. The cogdis of your read on PV is also disconcerting.
In post 398, Breakfast With Sandy wrote:
In post 375, Red Gyarados wrote:Also @wheover asked me about ffery-

It sounds different. Like, the hatred of the role pm seeps into her being.
I, conversely, strongly prefer scum. What makes you so sure that wouldn't affect our tone?

Ffery may think you're town, but getting townread for no goddamn reason sets off a lot of klaxons in
my
skull.
Good. It should.
This seems like oddly good posting to me?

~Copper
The Fox and the Hound
The Fox and the Hound
Goon
The Fox and the Hound
Goon
Goon

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:34 am

CarbonFiber, I just found your reversal to be kind of sudden- but IIRC you did the same thing in 169, didn't you?
So to answer Tod's implicit question, I /think/ so. Especially because of a particular reason for reading someone that was brought up in private and has pretty much never occurred to me before. I think I'm beginning to see the appeal of hydras as vehicles for learning to scumhunt.

Also, my second quote stripe in 416 is not intended to say anything about RG specifically.
Mac
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:46 am

Post by Mac »

In post 411, Breakfast With Sandy wrote:
I'm curious. I know Yukari has been a non-presence so far, but why him over orcinus for example?
CarbonFiber
CarbonFiber
Mafia Scum
CarbonFiber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:48 am

Post by CarbonFiber »

In post 417, The Fox and the Hound wrote:CarbonFiber, I just found your reversal to be kind of sudden- but IIRC you did the same thing in 169, didn't you?
So to answer Tod's implicit question, I /think/ so. Especially because of a particular reason for reading someone that was brought up in private and has pretty much never occurred to me before. I think I'm beginning to see the appeal of hydras as vehicles for learning to scumhunt.

Also, my second quote stripe in 416 is not intended to say anything about RG specifically.
I change my mind a lot although I don't remember anything specific from 169. My read here was more of FT going "The Fox and the Hound are so town" and asking me why I am not seeing it, then I re-read the thread again and realize that your thoughts processes match mine very closely. Upon the first read, I was focussing more on your tone and less on the content.
~ F-16
The Fox and the Hound
The Fox and the Hound
Goon
The Fox and the Hound
Goon
Goon

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:51 am

Hydra partners are a reasonable explanation, and FT did post that we were town before you did. And Tod thinks you're town anyway. So, sure.

I agree with 418- if anything I got a little bit of a townvibe from their one post.

~Copper
Breakfast With Sandy
Breakfast With Sandy
Goon
Breakfast With Sandy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:56 am

In post 418, Mac wrote:
I'm curious. I know Yukari has been a non-presence so far, but why him over orcinus for example?
We thought about both of them.

Orcinus actually took a stance and invited interaction by putting down a vote.

Our vote is an invitation to Yukari-GiF.
Breakfast With Sandy
Breakfast With Sandy
Goon
Breakfast With Sandy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:58 am

In post 418, Mac wrote:
Why the Christ would we vote Orci? For saying hi with a vote? That's not weird.

Yukari's lack of engagement, however, is.

Both heads agreed on our vote before it was cast.

Pedit : jinx
Kagura
Kagura
Goon
Kagura
Goon
Goon

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:25 am

Post by Kagura »

In post 415, Breakfast With Sandy wrote:I'm not sure about the timing you're asking about here. We exchanged a few comments before your 87, and I think it's evident in my posts before 87 that I hadn't nailed down a town read prior to that.
Nah I'm not objecting to that - that's what I would expect from town-you.

I'm having trouble articulating what I want to say here - I couldn't really tell if you were saying "If I were scum there were plenty of other reasons to call you town (either before or after 87 because the posts are clearly there) that were easier to point at" (fine) or "If I were scum I know I'd have found something else to call you town about (because I actually already know that you're town)" (not fine because that would not be an actual sorting of my slot)

Hence my question about how you got to where you did with us besides 87.

-b
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:38 am

Post by PeregrineV »

Back from VLA. I'll catch up on the game before it gets out of my control.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
MastinSSK
MastinSSK
Goon
MastinSSK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:49 am

Post by MastinSSK »

So my meds really aren't working, but for a different reason; my mind's still racing, this time with creative juices.
In post 333, MastinSSK wrote:Like, seriously. ESPECIALLY in hydra-heavy games, I really don't reference the past; I reference the here and now.
Remember this? Well, as it turns out, thinking more on this was a key breakthrough to the article I've been meaning to write since AP's game has been over. Not this, precisely, but basically, I discovered the fundamental human drive behind the forces I want to describe, loosely put as being our ability to intuitively pick up on correlations, even though we often erroneously make causations of said correlations. (In site terms, seeing meta but using it wrong.) So having that breakthrough means that I've finally got what I need to write a good, solid, powerful article. Which is where I'm disappearing to for a while.

I'll catch up on the game later; I wanna write this while the inspiration is at its strongest, so I don't forget.

(Also, side-note, but related to the article: what I said here isn't technically true. I figured out at the same time as the above that what I really do is reference people. Not games, as others using meta do. You see it from me all the time: I'll explain a trait I do as *alignment*, and how I see that trait in another player, and how that leads me to believe said player is *alignment*, in spite of them not being me. I'll also plenty of times, say, call someone an "alt" not necessarily because I think that they're that player in disguise, so much as it is that the playstyle of that player is in line with that of a more recognizable name: AP, Nacho, ffery, and the like. But what I'm really going to get at in the article is referencing the person as they are a person. For instance, Tammy is Tammy. Nacho is Nacho. I don't go "anything. fucking. goes." *coughcoughbroseidonyousoowemeonecoughcough*. I will describe a trait of the player, perhaps that they displayed from a game like Anything Goes, but not specific to it. And then when asked for elaboration, I will try my best to explain my thought process. Linking to a specific game makes that easier, because it's basically saying, "something akin to this", in that it lets people know where I'm coming from. Which is also why I frequently have trouble explaining it in terms people understand. Because people EXPECT there to be a specific game. But while the trait I'm thinking of might be strongest IN a specific game, it's not something that I call up easily.)

Soyeah, see you after I finish doing MD stuff.
(Yes, my priorities are skewed. I know.)

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”