The Fox and the Hound
The Fox and the Hound
Goon
The Fox and the Hound
Goon
Goon

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:20 pm

Post by The Fox and the Hound »

In post 291, Red Gyarados wrote:I'm townreading beliffery because I've liked what they've posted so far even if it's kinda devoid of too much content. Scum-ffery has different undertones that I don't really smell (granted we're on P11 but lol).
Pray tell?
The Fox and the Hound
The Fox and the Hound
Goon
The Fox and the Hound
Goon
Goon

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:21 pm

In post 298, Titan wrote:I did like that he responded to Mastin that he's not getting lynched this game though. I'm not sure if I see a brazen statement like that coming from him as scum, but.
You have enough experience to know this isn't how it works.
Titan
Titan
Mafia Scum
Titan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:28 pm

Post by Titan »

In post 302, The Fox and the Hound wrote:
In post 298, Titan wrote:I did like that he responded to Mastin that he's not getting lynched this game though. I'm not sure if I see a brazen statement like that coming from him as scum, but.
You have enough experience to know this isn't how it works.
For some people sure, I'm not sure for Falcon though. It's not a slam-dunk tell, but it's something I liked.
Half troll/Half wall.

I'm (Arthur) the wall. Don't let Tammy fool you. She trolls you w/o you even knowing! It's like you're in a constant state on mindfuck. RUN WHILE YOU CAN.
Rancid Broderick Drake
Rancid Broderick Drake
Goon
Rancid Broderick Drake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:43 pm

Post by Rancid Broderick Drake »

Tammy, ye are very wrong,
About my read on ye in previous games,
While my ability to read ye might not be strong,
It's not as bad as ye claim

In Titans, I didn't ask Nati to replace,
Because I had trouble reading ye,
Nati will tell ye I just wanted space,
Ye weren't even a scum read for me

And in Too Many Heads I never wavered,
But I backed off to work with someone,
For the situation was not one I favoured,
I wanted the town to become one

But the read on ye here be Nati, not me,
And I'm not interfering,
I have no strong feelings about you from what I've seen,
All ye be doing is jeering
Titan
Titan
Mafia Scum
Titan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:48 pm

Post by Titan »

In post 304, Rancid Broderick Drake wrote:Tammy, ye are very wrong,
About my read on ye in previous games,
While my ability to read ye might not be strong,
It's not as bad as ye claim

In Titans, I didn't ask Nati to replace,
Because I had trouble reading ye,
Nati will tell ye I just wanted space,
Ye weren't even a scum read for me

And in Too Many Heads I never wavered,
But I backed off to work with someone,
For the situation was not one I favoured,
I wanted the town to become one

But the read on ye here be Nati, not me,
And I'm not interfering,
I have no strong feelings about you from what I've seen,
All ye be doing is jeering
Well that's disappointing that it's Nati.

And you're wrong about all I'm doing is jeering. I entered this game pretty damn strong, relaxed and happy, that's super duper obvious. I let scum bait me, again, because I suck and never learn to not let them bait me and frustrate me.
Half troll/Half wall.

I'm (Arthur) the wall. Don't let Tammy fool you. She trolls you w/o you even knowing! It's like you're in a constant state on mindfuck. RUN WHILE YOU CAN.
CarbonFiber
CarbonFiber
Mafia Scum
CarbonFiber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:49 pm

Post by CarbonFiber »

In post 291, Red Gyarados wrote:I'm townreading beliffery because I've liked what they've posted so far even if it's kinda devoid of too much content. Scum-ffery has different undertones that I don't really smell (granted we're on P11 but lol).
You usually interact with her much more before you nail down a read as evidenced by We're on a Boat and OCRemix. How did this read come by so quickly without much interaction?
~ F-16
Titan
Titan
Mafia Scum
Titan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:51 pm

Post by Titan »

ALTERNATIVELY Mastin is scum and nachobork are town and his laser focus on jumping all over me for my post to NachoBork is an attempt to get Nacho to look favorably on him, which Nacho probably will since I think he's scum and Nacho is allergic to actually listening to my reads.
Half troll/Half wall.

Rancid Broderick Drake
Rancid Broderick Drake
Goon
Rancid Broderick Drake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:58 pm

Nati, please don't impersonate me,
It's not a nice thing to do,
I know it brings ye a lot of glee,
But please take things seriously, too

-Muffin
Rancid Broderick Drake
Rancid Broderick Drake
Goon
Rancid Broderick Drake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:59 pm

-Nati*
Rancid Broderick Drake
Rancid Broderick Drake
Goon
Rancid Broderick Drake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:59 pm

No, wait, I was right the first time

-Muffin
Breakfast With Sandy
Breakfast With Sandy
Goon
Breakfast With Sandy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:08 pm

Post by Breakfast With Sandy »

In post 306, CarbonFiber wrote:
You usually interact with her much more before you nail down a read as evidenced by We're on a Boat and OCRemix. How did this read come by so quickly without much interaction?
~ F-16
Do you think he's wrong?
User formerly known as Sc*mf*ck.
Hydra of fferylt and Belisarius; clever signature line to be decided later
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:15 pm

Post by orcinus_theoriginal »

VOTE: breakfast
We are lazy people on an adventure, flirting with life but too shy to go all the way.
Rancid Broderick Drake
Rancid Broderick Drake
Goon
Rancid Broderick Drake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:16 pm

In post 296, Breakfast With Sandy wrote:I'm pretty terrible at reading muffin. I think I have a useful nati-model but so far, there aren't any unequivocally nati-posts for me to think about. I like their interaction with Mac. To me, that level of playfulness usually looks town, but it's not very useful for content-based reading.
I am super obvtown, though,
Anyone could see that,
But if you really don't know,
We can have a nice chat
CarbonFiber
CarbonFiber
Mafia Scum
CarbonFiber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:22 pm

Post by CarbonFiber »

In post 299, Titan wrote:Falcon - What are your thoughts on Mastin?
Nothing in SSK's posts pinged for me and on a re-read I felt that he was natural and relaxed in his interactions with NotScience and his insistence on voting RBD didn't come across as fake.

I don't like Mastin's choice of targets who he calls scum and town in Post . He townreads RBD who are persuasive players. He scumreads Cephrir (which I guess I can relate to), he leans scum on Clyton who is a newish player and potentially someone that can be lynched. He scumreads us. FT doesn't play on mafiascum a lot and I haven't played as many games with this playerlist as some others have so he could be thinking of us as a potential mislynch down the road. Cupcake Panda (Katsuki) seems to not know a lot of people in this playerlist and is also a scumread. But, Mastin and Katsuki hydra'd together so that one is probably a joke. If NotScience is town, he has already started buddying with him. The entire post came across as calculated. I don't like the not trusting Nacho part in Post and the vague townread on Mac while not committing to a position could be Mastin planning a late game mislynch on Mac the way he did in Anything Goes. He follows up with in Post with an obvtown read on Nacho, GIF, and Orc (although the latter two hadn't posted but if they are town, they are not going to be mislynches since they know the playerlist very well). He feels the towniness in ffery and Beli which is again odd and nothing that ffery has posted is unfakable for her as scum. But ffery and Beli are not going to be mislynched in this playerlist so he needs to get on their side. The only thing that sticks out of this pattern of townreading the stronger players is his scumread on you. He mentioned that as scum, he sheeps you and Nacho and keeps on your good sides so the attack on you could be an effort to get Nacho to townread him. The push on us makes sense if you are misreading us because you misreading us would make our slot a viable mislynch. I also don't like his push on me for not having solid reads. It was page 7 in a large game so implying that it was scummy is a bit of a stretch.

Although everything I pointed out is possible for him to do as town, I think it is less likely than him manufacturing reads because of who he is reading as town and who he is reading as scum and the amount of information with which he developed those reads seems unlikely to be natural.

~ F-16
CarbonFiber
CarbonFiber
Mafia Scum
CarbonFiber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:24 pm

Post by CarbonFiber »

In post 311, Breakfast With Sandy wrote:
~ F-16
Do you think he's wrong?
I am not sure. I want to hear his thought process. Do you think you did anything in this game that you would be unable to fake if you were scum?

~ F-16
Breakfast With Sandy
Breakfast With Sandy
Goon
Breakfast With Sandy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:25 pm

In post 312, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:VOTE: breakfast
I wondered where you were!
Rancid Broderick Drake
Rancid Broderick Drake
Goon
Rancid Broderick Drake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:30 pm

I do not like the posts,
Of the Fox and the Hound,
I would like to have them both,
Be put down at the pound.
Breakfast With Sandy
Breakfast With Sandy
Goon
Breakfast With Sandy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:37 pm

In post 315, CarbonFiber wrote:
~ F-16
Do you think he's wrong?
I am not sure. I want to hear his thought process. Do you think you did anything in this game that you would be unable to fake if you were scum?

~ F-16
Although I think I might be able to fool bork as scum, I don't think as scum I'd interact with him in quite the same way I've done here. It's a subtlety, but I think it's something that players who know me well probably pick up on.

It's one of the reasons I roll my eyes a little when people talk about "yeah but that can be faked". There's a tremendous amount of context, tone, timing, etc., that nuances player behavior. The under and overtones are a lot harder to fake than the base behavior stripped of all that context.
Clyton
Clyton
Goon
Clyton
Goon
Goon

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:38 pm

Post by Clyton »

Disclaimer: My reads are based on posts I find noteworthy. No RVS posts (obviously), no null-read posts considered. If there is a post that any of you would like to direct me to and want me to give an opinion of (because no one knows which posts I actually skipped merely based on a reads list), then let me know. I will sort this from most Town to the most Scum.

Red Gyarados: Townish to me. First page, they already declared their attempt to sort people, specifically targeting the "elites" because they have the most potential to influence the game based on prior meta knowledge/past games.

Lord Business: Townish in regards to going against CupcakePanda's scummish posts. However, it can be easily be scum making that comment too (agreeing with Mac therefore for pointing that out). Good defense against Titan, which I agree with. Probably settle with him leaning Town in the end. Good points on the state of Day 1 on what it should be and what it should not be.
Note: We may think alike in some regards, so this may not be an accurate read for any of you.

Mac: Leaning Townish for now. Good informational exchange between him and Rancid through a bunch of pirate gibberish.

Titan: Leaning Townish. Decides to use Nacho to prove everyone of his Town alignment (refer to post 74/I do not know how to reference ISO posts). The two could be in cahoots as scum, or Titan is a very paranoid Townie and does not want what happened in a past game (scum ganging up on her and eliminate all her credibility), therefore needing immediate support in fear of that happening (MastinSSK did mention something similar to my thinking).

Rancid: Leaning Townish, but can easily be scum. He has good points about CarbonFiber's OP in response to Mac's metadive.

PeregrineV: Null but slightly leaning Townish too. Gives off that certain vibe I know of.

The Fox and the Hound: Null. Need more info on something with more substance (not posts regarding who's side you are taking)

Breakfast With Stalin: Null

Kagura: Null

Yukari Yakumo: :3 aka Null

ElementalHawk: N/A

MastinSSK: Seems scummish to me. Attacks Titan for a reason that also does not seem confrontational to me. Also attacks Fox for taking a stance with Titan. However, with how they are approaching this, it is Town natured, and not only in this mini-battle, but also in their responses and questions to everyone else.

CarbonFiber: Leaning scummish. Makes valid points in his posts, but that should be enough to take action. Instead, he brings out the "I'm not sure yet so I'll hold off." However, understandably, my meta has some similarities to this line of action. Therefore, I will hold it off and could potentially see CF as Town too.

Just Sheep Us: Leaning scummish. Their vote against me does not warrant a response from me.

orcinus_theoriginal: Leaning scummish just for the random, no-reason vote.

CupcakePanda: Scummish to me. Feigning ignorance? Deliberately posting a notice of a lack of flavor knowledge in order to build up a naive appearance? If I was a Townie coming into a game with no flavor knowledge, I wouldn't be doing that unless I'm contributing and need some flavor knowledge in order to build up stronger yet applicable contributions. So far, Panda isn't contributing yet.

Other notes:

Nati/SSK dynamics always happen in the early stages of Day 1.

Mac notes that MastinSSK's style of opening has a strong correlation to a scum (was this scum also MastinSSK?) who did the same opening in the Touhou game.

Rancid claims that MastinSSK's posts have not appeared scummy yet. However, he has yet to comment on the updated posts MastinSSK did after that comment. Do they still not appear scummy after all those updated posts?

Titan vs MastinSSK:

- It wasn't confrontational because Titan was asking Kagura for a read on the former in a forceful manner. Kagura hasn't even stated anything; Titan "requested" a read. But I understand Mastin's sentiments on it being confrontational. I think the right words are "forceful" (why the pressure vote then?)

- Titan's responses however are very OMGUS natured; unfortunately, it is indeed what she feared in regards to a previous game.

- Likewise, Mastin is not any better. Immediately attacks Fox for taking a stance with Titan with a vote.

Conclusion: Titan and MastinSSK, as described in my reads above, can be easily Town or Scum for a multitude of reasons. We cannot dismiss this confrontation so easily. We must determine if there is legitimately a scum between the two, or if it is a Town vs Town. On the other hand, we use some role abilities to aid us in this investigation and focus on lynching someone else.

My suggestions on those who should be lynched today? Only CupcakePanda honestly. However, we need more info not only from Panda, but from everyone with vague actions and posts (like orcinus, Just Sheep Us and PeregrineV).
MastinSSK
MastinSSK
Goon
MastinSSK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:42 pm

Post by MastinSSK »

In post 268, CarbonFiber wrote:Tammy will see me as obviously town as she's never yet been wrong. So you might as well find a better vote.
Odd that she hasn't, then, no?

(Also, worthy of note: there's one thing this game has in common with Vesperia: my role is such that I'm either never going to get or am going to get speedlynched the moment I claim it*. Sadly, I'm leaning towards the latter. Again. Let's just say it's the best role I could have but also the absolute utter total worst role I could have. Depending on the day. And in this game, it's more worse than best.)

*Also depends on the handling of the role.
In post 282, Red Gyarados wrote:I don't get where mastin's coming from at all regarding you being scum.
Mainly SSK's read at this point. On my end, I didn't like their posting; it felt artificial, and as I said, Tammy's post was bluntly put confrontational. She keeps insisting it was a polite request, but I see just an immediate face-to-face direct, well, confrontation (there's quite literally no other word to describe it) with Nacho to look good without actually being good.

I'm a real big sucker for her later more logical posts, though. Still suspicious, I guess, but it's not going to be my half pushing there. (I just won't stop SSK.)
In post 288, Clyton wrote:Alright something to post for now as a response. RG, I ask you elaborate on your reasoning. What comparison do you have that you can use to compare to the posts I'm doing here regarding my authenticity? If you are uncertain about me being genuine, I can easily clear that up for you now.

On the other hand, I will be compiling and posting my full list reads very soon, and my opinion regarding the debacle between Titan and MastinSSK.
In post 295, Clyton wrote:

Clyton, I have no meterstick to judge with, only my gut. Your selfvote and then your response to Brian sounded artificial in nature. Like you were going through the motions (say, going to an ex's wedding and pretending you're happy for them)
My self-vote is a random vote as part of the RVS, and my response was all jokes and games until the /End JnG portion of my response post. This is because I realized the fact that MastinSSK is not fond of self-votes. Speaking of that, I forgot to unvote.

/Unvote

Now, continuing on, this is obviously not how I genuinely act, at least nothing compared to the outside sites where I played Mafia. I will not redirect the suspicion on myself, for I deserve it for such experimental meta actions. But do not misunderstand, I will not be bluntly giving a self-meta of myself. As stated before, I will let my actions speak for themselves, and I will let you and all the rest judge me accordingly to my actions.
This is town.
The Fox and the Hound
The Fox and the Hound
Goon
The Fox and the Hound
Goon
Goon

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:46 pm

In post 318, Breakfast With Sandy wrote:
~ F-16
Do you think he's wrong?

~ F-16
Although I think I might be able to fool bork as scum, I don't think as scum I'd interact with him in quite the same way I've done here. It's a subtlety, but I think it's something that players who know me well probably pick up on.
v.v
I know no one's going to give a damn about my opinion but I think any better-than-slight townreads on you at this point are pretty ridiculous.

I think I like the Clyton reads wall, despite its ending sounding like a 5 paragraph essay.

p-edit: oh dang I agree with mastin what is this even
Titan
Titan
Mafia Scum
Titan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:47 pm

Post by Titan »

In post 314, CarbonFiber wrote:
In post 299, Titan wrote:Falcon - What are your thoughts on Mastin?
Nothing in SSK's posts pinged for me and on a re-read I felt that he was natural and relaxed in his interactions with NotScience and his insistence on voting RBD didn't come across as fake.

I don't like Mastin's choice of targets who he calls scum and town in Post . He townreads RBD who are persuasive players. He scumreads Cephrir (which I guess I can relate to), he leans scum on Clyton who is a newish player and potentially someone that can be lynched. He scumreads us. FT doesn't play on mafiascum a lot and I haven't played as many games with this playerlist as some others have so he could be thinking of us as a potential mislynch down the road. Cupcake Panda (Katsuki) seems to not know a lot of people in this playerlist and is also a scumread. But, Mastin and Katsuki hydra'd together so that one is probably a joke. If NotScience is town, he has already started buddying with him. The entire post came across as calculated. I don't like the not trusting Nacho part in Post and the vague townread on Mac while not committing to a position could be Mastin planning a late game mislynch on Mac the way he did in Anything Goes. He follows up with in Post with an obvtown read on Nacho, GIF, and Orc (although the latter two hadn't posted but if they are town, they are not going to be mislynches since they know the playerlist very well). He feels the towniness in ffery and Beli which is again odd and nothing that ffery has posted is unfakable for her as scum. But ffery and Beli are not going to be mislynched in this playerlist so he needs to get on their side. The only thing that sticks out of this pattern of townreading the stronger players is his scumread on you. He mentioned that as scum, he sheeps you and Nacho and keeps on your good sides so the attack on you could be an effort to get Nacho to townread him. The push on us makes sense if you are misreading us because you misreading us would make our slot a viable mislynch. I also don't like his push on me for not having solid reads. It was page 7 in a large game so implying that it was scummy is a bit of a stretch.

Although everything I pointed out is possible for him to do as town, I think it is less likely than him manufacturing reads because of who he is reading as town and who he is reading as scum and the amount of information with which he developed those reads seems unlikely to be natural.

~ F-16
Hmm…Mastin said she sheeps me when scum? That…doesn't make sense. In Good v. Evil, she called me confirmed scum when she was scum and she pushed me and tried to get me lynched a good portion of the game, even made up this dream he had where I the queen bee had everyone doing my bidding and it was her job to save everyone from my scum self, or some shit like that. It wasn't until endgame that he made a weird maneuver and started push Nacho as confirmed scum that Nacho realized she was wrong about Mastin and we lynched him for the game. The other time when Mastin was scum was when he took over your slot in Attack on Titan, and he certainly didn't sheep me; he mostly just tried to frustrate the hell out of me when I correctly scum read him and she was telling me I needed to do better blah blah blah. The other times I've seen him as scum, we were partners.

That's why this attack makes no sense to come from town!Mastin. It doesn't look like either of them are trying to figure me out. They've decided they were going to push me as scum and are framing everything I've said to fit some scum narrative that makes no sense whatsoever. There's like literally no way I'm scum here, so it's just baffling. It makes a hell of a lot more sense that she watched how frustrated the entire scum team coming after me in Vesperia made me and that it made them look town. They're trying to look busy, they're not trying to find scum.

Also also I really really don't like his pointing out that he's not going to trust Nacho's read on me. He knows Nacho will town read me, and he knows that if Nacho is town he's not going to just let a lynch go through on me when I'm obviously town, so his predetermining that he's going to ignore it is awful.
Half troll/Half wall.

Rancid Broderick Drake
Rancid Broderick Drake
Goon
Rancid Broderick Drake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:47 pm

In post 305, Titan wrote:I let scum bait me, again, because I suck and never learn to not let them bait me and frustrate me
Ye say scum were baiting ye,
But just to be clear,
Do ye mean MastinSSK and me?
Or who do you think is scum here?

I be as town as can be,
And while not definitely true,
As far as I can see,
MastinSSK be town, too
In post 305, Titan wrote:I entered this game pretty damn strong, relaxed and happy, that's super duper obvious.
So ye do claim,
But from what I've seen,
Your start to this game,
Did not look that green
The Fox and the Hound
The Fox and the Hound
Goon
The Fox and the Hound
Goon
Goon

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:49 pm

I may see if I can't solidify that a bit.
In post 319, Clyton wrote:Rancid: Leaning Townish, but can easily be scum. He has good points about CarbonFiber's OP in response to Mac's metadive.

PeregrineV: Null but slightly leaning Townish too. Gives off that certain vibe I know of.
Can you go into further detail on these?
In post 319, Clyton wrote:The Fox and the Hound: Null. Need more info on something with more substance (not posts regarding who's side you are taking)
I'm getting there.
Breakfast With Sandy
Breakfast With Sandy
Goon
Breakfast With Sandy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:53 pm

In post 321, The Fox and the Hound wrote:
In post 318, Breakfast With Sandy wrote:
~ F-16
Do you think he's wrong?

~ F-16
v.v
I know no one's going to give a damn about my opinion but I think any better-than-slight townreads on you at this point are pretty ridiculous.

I think I like the Clyton reads wall, despite its ending sounding like a 5 paragraph essay.

p-edit: oh dang I agree with mastin what is this even
If you ever townread me early day 1 of a game I'll freak the fuck out.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”