Mr(s) Popularity
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Mr(s) Popularity

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Sun Apr 08, 2007 10:11 pm

Post by Zindaras »

Battle Mage wrote:
FOS: Zindy
. After OTU has had a big wagon for ages, which stuttered and started more than any other i have seen, you made a conscious decision not to vote. Now the decision has been made without your help, you claim to support it, in the hope that you wont be suspected tomorrow. Its a commendable plan-far more subtle than bussing your scumbuddy, but if OTU comes up scum, i will be keeping a very close eye on you tomorrow.
I only started actually reading the thread yesterday.
Show
Finished: 159 (120 Town, 33 Mafia, 5 Other, 1 Cult, 4 Cultivated)
68 Wins, 71 Losses
Town: 52 Wins, 54 Losses (2 Wins as Cult)
Mafia: 13 Wins, 15 Losses (1 Win as Cult)
Other: 3 Wins, 1 Loss (1 Win as Cult)
Cult: 0 Wins, 1 Loss
Cultivated: 4 Wins, 0 Losses
59 Survived, 31 Lynched, 60 Killed
Phoebus
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Hall Monitor

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Mon Apr 09, 2007 4:53 am

Post by Phoebus »

My apologies. Unforeseen lack of access.

Update shortly.
Your happiness is intertwined with your outlook on life.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Mon Apr 09, 2007 5:55 am

Post by Battle Mage »

so you say, however this makes little sense considering your high activity in other games. :?

Zindaras wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:
. After OTU has had a big wagon for ages, which stuttered and started more than any other i have seen, you made a conscious decision not to vote. Now the decision has been made without your help, you claim to support it, in the hope that you wont be suspected tomorrow. Its a commendable plan-far more subtle than bussing your scumbuddy, but if OTU comes up scum, i will be keeping a very close eye on you tomorrow.
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:08 am

Post by Kison »

Battle Mage wrote:so you say, however this makes little sense considering your high activity in other games. :?

Zindaras wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:
You should probably hold off on that kind of speculation. We don't even know if OTU was scum or not.
Phoebus
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Hall Monitor

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:58 am

Post by Phoebus »

Things have finally come to a head in Lupieri and the local populace has decided to take matters into its own hands. No long arm of the law will reach the supernatural villains plaguing the people here.
A council of the surviving villagers is set up to decide what needs to be done about the problem at hand.
Suspicions are thrown around. No one is spared. Not the old residents of the village and certainly not the newer ones.

Discussion goes on for a long while until it is decided that the behaviour of
OverTheUnder
is sufficiently suspicious enough to put him under scrutiny. However, the more he is put under pressure, the quieter he gets. It's almost as if he's under a spell and refuses to say anything until finally, he disappears altogether.

OverTheUnder
was a
Retired Cop
, newly moved to the village and a natural target for suspicion. It is with a bittersweet feeling that the villagers retire to another restless night, having put up notices about the banishment of
OverTheUnder
after his disappearance, all over the village.
Phoebus
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Hall Monitor

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:59 am

Post by Phoebus »

OverTheUnder - Retired Cop - banished - Day 1

Night choice deadline:
Friday the 13th
1700 GMT.

There will be a 24 hour delay between choice deadline and dawn. Please make a note of this. Choices sent in after the above deadline will be forfeit. Day may dawn if all choices come in early.
Phoebus
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Hall Monitor

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Wed Apr 18, 2007 10:40 pm

Post by Phoebus »

If anyone happens to have a cached copy of the night scene, I'd appreciate it if they sent it my way.

Hunting for one myself. Or will have to rewrite :(
Phoebus
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Hall Monitor

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Fri Apr 20, 2007 6:40 am

Post by Phoebus »

The villagers returned to their homes, after a long day of discussion. The banishment of
OverTheUnder
had been taxing on all the people and as soon as the people got home, they shut their doors, some even boarding them up. Most sane people did this.

There are always those, however, who are not quite completely sane, and who have business which is entirely their own.
al4xz
was one of those people and he was out and about in the evening. He knew the risks of what he was doing and the risk was what made him do it. A shiver of excitement ran along his spine as he crossed the village green, on his way to the river. He hoped for a rendezvous there, and if that didn't happen, he could always help himself.

As
al4xz
lay down on the soft grass under the willows which grew along the river bank, another one of those people was flitting about in the shadows. Presently, they went up to
al4xz
and put their hands around his neck.
al4xz
smiled a little, until the hands choked further.
"Uncle." said
al4xz

He was replied by silence.
"Uncle!" he said, a little more urgently.
More silence.
"UNCLE!" was his last word.
Followed by more silence.
Broken only by the noises made by the river as it flows past.
A serene silence.
Until it is broken by the scream of a girl, out and about for an early dip.
Always on the lookout for trouble in this days, it is not long until one of the village folk come to investigate the source of the trouble.
They find
al4xz
paler than the girl who found him, his face twisted in a grisly snarl.

The body is taken back to the village and while the girl is being revived, a search is carried out of
al4xz
's house. It reveals a disturbing assortment of things like ropes, whips, handcuffs, knives and rolls of linen.
A search of the body reveals a card in it with
ESE Member
written on it in blood red colour.

The discovery is grim.
What will you do about it?
Phoebus
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Hall Monitor

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Fri Apr 20, 2007 6:41 am

Post by Phoebus »

al4xz - ESE Member - strangled - Night 1

With 19 people alive on day 2, it is 10 to lynch.
Raffles
Raffles
Mafia Zcum
Raffles
Mafia Zcum
Mafia Zcum

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Fri Apr 20, 2007 7:03 am

Post by Raffles »

Two scum groups, one night kill. Thoughts, anyone?
Woof!
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Fri Apr 20, 2007 7:14 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

To reiterate my lost post: I believe ESE is a cult of sadomasochists, and that is all that al4zx's "Uncle", "he could help himself", and the like is about. I don't believe they are the Werewolves or the Mafia, and I believe this is also responsible for the "delay between deadline and dawn".

I'm more curious about why any scum group would target him though; is it possible al4zx targeted scum and that's why he died? If so, that would mean probably two other roleblockers/doctors, which would be a good setup with so many anti-town groups IMO.
Retired as of October 2014.
XReyoX
XReyoX
Goon
XReyoX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Fri Apr 20, 2007 7:47 am

Post by XReyoX »

the "Uncle" should be someone al4 was expecting. No clue about whether he one who has killed him was the person he wanted to meet tho. I believe that he was targetted for the NK. The chance of both NK failing on the first day is very small.
Raffles
Raffles
Mafia Zcum
Raffles
Mafia Zcum
Mafia Zcum

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Fri Apr 20, 2007 8:16 am

Post by Raffles »

Mr. Flay wrote:To reiterate my lost post: I believe ESE is a cult of sadomasochists, and that is all that al4zx's "Uncle", "he could help himself", and the like is about. I don't believe they are the Werewolves or the Mafia, and I believe this is also responsible for the "delay between deadline and dawn".

I'm more curious about why any scum group would target him though; is it possible al4zx targeted scum and that's why he died? If so, that would mean probably two other roleblockers/doctors, which would be a good setup with so many anti-town groups IMO.
I thought only cult leaders could recruit? That would eliminate that al4xz was trying to recruit someone.

Also, cults in a game where there is already two scum groups? That would tip the scale even further from townie then it already is.

I would say ESE is our lovely mafia group we have to hunt out. I'm guessing the word "mafia" just didn't quite fit the flavour, what with werewolves roaming in the game.
Woof!
Zindaras
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Mr(s) Popularity

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Fri Apr 20, 2007 10:24 am

Post by Zindaras »

Rawr.

The kill doesn't make sense from our perspective, but I don't think we should mull over it. I'm pretty sure that whoever killed al4xz had a good reason. That's how it always goes. Point of view, really.

What I find more interesting than the target of the kill is the target's role and the amount of kills we've seen. ESE Member can really be anything. The fact that he came up red implicates scum. I'd say that Cult would be purple...that's the Cult's colour (or, well, it's what I think the Cult's colour is...). He can't be SK, because a Member implies that there are other people in this ESE-crap. So my guess would be that he's Mafia, because Werewolves aren't, well, human, and al4xz was. So he'd be the Werewolves' kill, and the Mafia's probably failed.

That's my hypothesis.
Show
Finished: 159 (120 Town, 33 Mafia, 5 Other, 1 Cult, 4 Cultivated)
68 Wins, 71 Losses
Town: 52 Wins, 54 Losses (2 Wins as Cult)
Mafia: 13 Wins, 15 Losses (1 Win as Cult)
Other: 3 Wins, 1 Loss (1 Win as Cult)
Cult: 0 Wins, 1 Loss
Cultivated: 4 Wins, 0 Losses
59 Survived, 31 Lynched, 60 Killed
XReyoX
XReyoX
Goon
XReyoX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Fri Apr 20, 2007 10:37 am

Post by XReyoX »

@raffles: read the first game. There was a vampire cult.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Fri Apr 20, 2007 10:39 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Zindaras wrote:So he'd be the Werewolves' kill, and the Mafia's probably failed.
Except that I'd never expect Werewolves to kill by strangulation, you know? Ripping out the windpipe, sure...

I don't see why the idea of a Cult is so difficult for some people. Multiple scum groups actually decreases their effectiveness, because of the high risk of crosskills.

The big question is, who of whatever allegiance had motivation to kill al4?
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Fri Apr 20, 2007 10:45 am

Post by Kison »

I think al4xz was scum. Red text, out at night, nasty things in his home, doesn't look good. I have to agree that the killer was probably not part of the werewolves group. I had brought the strangulation thing up prior to the crash.
XReyoX
XReyoX
Goon
XReyoX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Fri Apr 20, 2007 11:06 am

Post by XReyoX »

it doesn't matter whether a mafia killed a wolf or a wolf killed a mafia. They are the same. If al4 is in a cult. I don't think he is the cult leader. a) he is a "member" b) there was only 1 kill. The situation where both groups failed to kill AND al4 targetted a scum to recruit, resulting in his death, is very slim.

Perhaps he was killed because someone in a scum group thinks that he is a scum in the other group. The title Mafia v wolves probably means that each groups have to eliminate the other as well as the town.

Unless phoebus is very mean and use red text to describe al4's role and put those nasty tools in his home for the sole purpose to misslead the town. I think al4 is a scum/cult member.
Raffles
Raffles
Mafia Zcum
Raffles
Mafia Zcum
Mafia Zcum

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Fri Apr 20, 2007 12:08 pm

Post by Raffles »

I have no idea why Al4xz was the decision for the kill... he voted Reyo first then was wavering over whether to kill OTU or not... and he only made 7 posts, suggesting a plain lurker in sight. I think it was a random kill to throw us off. Or the wolf scum group was hunting for mafias and they hit a lurker.
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Fri Apr 20, 2007 3:35 pm

Post by Fuldu »

Raffles seems to be pushing pretty hard on a theory of scum that, to me at least, seems to defy reason. ESE is mafia (maybe, but his suggestion that mafia would be inappropriate flavor in a game called Mafia v. Wolves seems odd) who was killed by wolves (wolves that strangle? The flavor inconsistency of that doesn't both him?) and there's no cult, because that would be unbalanced (even though there was a cult in the first game). The best reason I can think of for this is that he's trying to draw attention away from some aspect of this conversation that is correct, and dangerous to him, and my inclination is toward his being another ESE, whatever it is.
vote: Raffles
It takes a village to raise a lynch mob.
Raffles
Raffles
Mafia Zcum
Raffles
Mafia Zcum
Mafia Zcum

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Fri Apr 20, 2007 10:50 pm

Post by Raffles »

I'm not particularly reading that deep into the night scene. I've been told it's dangerous to do so. Strangle? Uncle? Naaah.

As far as I see, there's a group called ESE. One of it's members had been NKed. There was only one nightkill. I'm using these three solid facts as a basis of my investigation.

I don't know what colour cults turn up in. Does anyone actually know? I've been looking around and there's not a single game where it's colour coded and there is a cult. This is probably the last piece of information I could get to determine if ESE is a scum or (still) could be a scum.

If he's a scum, he was very likely killed by canine group. And role block/doc prevented the mafia kill. If he's a cult, then he could have been killed by either canine or mafioso, and the other group has been blocked of NK by some way. That's how I see it.
Woof!
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Sat Apr 21, 2007 12:24 am

Post by theopor_COD »

Vote DGB

Pretty inactive day one, aside from voting OTU with little reason, posted no content. Worthy of a vote.

As for the nightkill as I said before the crash I'm not sure who/what Al4xz was but he's got a partner out there and some bizzare bondage equipment, I'd guess he was either mafia or some kind of cult, maybe even a traitor although I'm not overly sure how that role works.
XReyoX
XReyoX
Goon
XReyoX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Sat Apr 21, 2007 12:48 am

Post by XReyoX »

Although OTU has already been banished. I somehow want to hear the reasons why people have voted for him. This includes "Battle Mage, DrippingGoofball, Fuldu, Mastermind of Sin, Mr Flay, remussaidow, PBuG, Scarecrow, al4x, theopor_COD and IH." Some of the people didn't actually give their reasons.

@theopor_COD: You were pointing at remus before the end of D1. Do you not think he is a scum now?
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Sat Apr 21, 2007 1:26 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Raffles doth protest too much.
Vote: Raffles

XreyoX, you're going to have to be more specific than that fishing expedition. Many of us
did
give our reasons...
XReyoX
XReyoX
Goon
XReyoX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Sat Apr 21, 2007 2:58 am

Post by XReyoX »

I'm not sure how you define
Many
. But these are all the reasons I could find. If I've missed any of the, Pls add them back. Just read. If you think OTU was the right one to be lynch, I guess so are many players in this list.

Battle Mage, DrippingGoofball, Fuldu, Mastermind of Sin, Mr Flay, remussaidow, PBuG, Scarecrow, al4x, theopor_COD and IH

IH

#110. You just don't lynch someone for "being a nuisance". Thats a horrible reason/excuse. FOS
#515. Trying to keep a dying wagon alive while staying off of it just in case it does. This is uncommittal scum.(quoting OTU’s reasons for his unvote).
Vote

Fuldu

#124. His behavior does look scummy for all the reasons described.
Vote

MoS

#130. OTU's vote was still way opportunistic.
Vote

#413. it doesn't look like OTU has done anything to convince us that he's not scum.

BM

#145. OTU look alot worse than anyone else.
#202. OTU seems very scummy at the moment.
vote

#207. Not only did u commit the major scumtell of voting me for no reason, you have also been acting very scummy in this game so far.
#439. I also agree that the lack of movement on the OTU wagon is very suspicious.

DGB

#153. let's explore this avenue.
Vote

Theopor_COD

#211. OTU's vote is opportunisitc but again I'd be just as wary as the early ppl on Reyox's early wagon. OTU's assesment on Battle Mage is just as scummy. I don't really like the way OTU has unvoted Reyox and then turned his attention on BM for supposed lurking.
#383. still not sure if OTU's the right lynch, will re-read asap.
#494. I'd guess THIS was a lie? Being as four days have passed since. “THIS = OTU saying -ACK! I had my whole post written up and I closed the window on accident. I'll re-write it in a bit I've gotta go for now.”
vote

Remus

#289. I think that he is the slightly scummier of the two candidates. this vote is very likely to come off though.
vote

#381. I still think OTU is the scummiest, as nothing has swayed my opinions yet with any of the nearly non existant new evidence.
#400. I think that OTU isn't lynched yet because his scum group doesn't want to bus him

Mr Flay

#311. I like this wagon much better than the Raffles one. OTU has contributed very little actual content, while posting enough to stay off the lurker list.
Vote

#398. It's curious to me that OTU has sat so close to lynch for so long.
#488. This is the second time OTU is at lynch-2, I want a claim.

PBuG

#318. That post is hideously flamingly scummy.
Vote

#320. Highlight bits of OUT’s post. Saying” "HAY I'M NOT A HYPOCRITE I'M JUST VOTING SOMEONE FOR DOING WHAT I'M DOING."
#333. OTU, if I wasn't already voting you for a specific reason that you ignored, I would so OMGUS vote you. Especially because you're OMGUS suspecting me right now.
#335 Replace voting with attacking. (for #320) (after OUT pointed that out.)
#351. He didn't readdress my correction (for #335). I'm getting more tired of OTU.
#455. Vote
#509. OTU, general scumminess

Alex

#323. Strikes me as scummy. Way to aggresive.
Vote

Scarecrow

#457.
Vote
( no reasons)

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”