Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Fri Mar 30, 2007 4:56 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

Stoofs, I just got you on deliberately weak argument. I'm not sure if that makes you scum or not.
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:58 am

Post by al_kohaulec »

Thestatusquo wrote:Stoofs, I don't see anything scummy in the way I reacted to the DoS, TJM thing. Three things.
1) I didn't defend TJM. I posted a case against DoS, because I thought he was clearly scum. Doesn't it make sense that I would be more inclined to believe my own research on DoS?

2) Pointing out a flaw in an argument against someone is not defending that person, it is only pointing out a flawed argument. Not only that, you AGREED with my analysis in your VERY NEXT post. So if you're using that as offense, you might as well vote yourself.

3) It is not my fault you read my role wrong. Voting me because you thought I was a cop when I wasn't is hardly a reason to vote someone.

Seeing as I'm two from lynch, I'd appreciate some unvotes for the moment. I don't see significant reason for me to claim right now.
1.) You did defend TJM. You also apparently posted the case against DoS and forced a roleclaim from him it sounds like (I haven't seen it, but I'll check it out later). But you did have posts that clearly were defending TJM.

2.) I'm not sure what flaw you're talking about. Since this was a response to Stoofer's post, the only thing I can see you'd be talking about is Stoofer's quotes from you talking about how scum wouldn't fake claim such a terrible claim, which isn't really a flaw. So I'm assuming you're referring to something else, if so, please point out to me what you were referring to.

3.) Players can deliberately try to give off power role tells to other players. So if you did do this, then it can be your fault. As Stoofer already mentioned, he's not voting you because he misinterpreted you as the cop, but because when he realized you weren't the cop and read over your posts, he found you incredibly scummy.
AIM account: DolusDeceit [s]not al_kohaulec[/s]
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Fri Mar 30, 2007 7:23 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

1) My posts were not defensive of TJM. They were offensive towards DoS, which seemed like I was defending TJM because the fact that there were two wagons, of which I was clearly in support of one.

2) Yes, it is. There was the clear attack that LG should be voted because he had heavily defended TJM. I pointed out a flaw in that logic, which stoofer agreed with in his next post.

3) That was the deliberately weak argument. Stoofer fell for it, you did not. A DWA is something that I picked up from reading seols games. You insert a diliberately weak claim amongst stronger ones, and see which one gets attacked, and by whom, and in what combination.

Stoofer completely ignored the valid points I made, and attacked the one that was easy to score a point on. This leads me to believe that he's not actually interested in determining whether I am scum or not, but rather is just trying to win the argument.

You on the other hand addressed everything substantively, which leads me to believe you're a pro town player putting pressure on me.

I am not sure if this makes stoofer scum or not. But it certainly makes him look bad in my eyes.
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Fri Mar 30, 2007 4:56 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

Also, N1 there were no deaths, and N2 there was what seemed to be a delayed death and an immediate death. Does anybody think it's likely that since there was no death last night, that it was another slow acting poison one?
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:02 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

It's possible, but I have never found speculating about deaths without something concrete (I.E. I am a RB and I blocked XYZ last night kind of speculation) to be anything other than a distraction.

Specifically, why do you bring it up, Alko?
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Sat Mar 31, 2007 3:41 am

Post by al_kohaulec »

Because I haven't finished reading through the thread yet. I wasn't sure if there was some hint in the DPs at a delayed death, or if it just happened, or maybe if you guys discovered something a while ago that I haven't read yet.
Zindaras
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Mr(s) Popularity

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Sun Apr 01, 2007 5:38 am

Post by Zindaras »

StallingChamp
has been prodded. If you feel anyone else should be, please tell me.
Show
Finished: 159 (120 Town, 33 Mafia, 5 Other, 1 Cult, 4 Cultivated)
68 Wins, 71 Losses
Town: 52 Wins, 54 Losses (2 Wins as Cult)
Mafia: 13 Wins, 15 Losses (1 Win as Cult)
Other: 3 Wins, 1 Loss (1 Win as Cult)
Cult: 0 Wins, 1 Loss
Cultivated: 4 Wins, 0 Losses
59 Survived, 31 Lynched, 60 Killed
StallingChamp
StallingChamp
Goon
StallingChamp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Sun Apr 01, 2007 6:05 am

Post by StallingChamp »

Yeah, I managed to replace into a game then forget about it.

*brb reading*
Show
[color=red][b][i]GO SENS GO[/b][/i][/color]

[url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5295]Mini 441[/url] - Night 2

High School Mafia coming soon to a Mini Theme Queue near you!
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Sun Apr 01, 2007 12:33 pm

Post by Save The Dragons »

Thestatusquo wrote:EBWODP:

Std, do you do anything besides sit on the fence?
Nope!
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Sun Apr 01, 2007 12:47 pm

Post by Save The Dragons »

DragonsofSummer wrote: 1. I knew Frozenstein is actually in Diablo II, having played it myself.
And I know Robert Paulson is in Fight Club but that doesn't mean I am Robert Paulson if I say I am.
DragonsofSummer wrote:2. Remus who has said Diablo II is is favorite game knew Frozenstein was in Diablo, and believed that he would be aligned that way. This second reason may be misguided, but I feel that remus is town and so am willing to believe him, especially based after yesterdays actions.
1) You believe his opinion because he is town? Please tell me you also believe it on grounds that it is logical.
2) Once again. Robert Paulson's not really a bad guy. I could probably convince you as such in a game of Fight Club Mafia. Doesn't make it true.

Did you have any reason to trust Skruffs after he edited wikipedia to incorporate his claim and then claimed something else?
remussaidow wrote:TSQ has, on the other hand, made a good point on StD. His playstyle is often fairly aggressive as town and sitting-on-the-fence-ish as scum.
That's not what he said!
Thestatusquo wrote:hiya. People get your votes of TJM, theres a better case on DoS:
This is the only instance I can find of anything close to a defense of TJM, if I'm wrong someone find it for me.

This is why I'm on the fence; I air on the side of caution. Most of the time.
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Sun Apr 01, 2007 8:47 pm

Post by Mr Stoofer »

Thestatusquo wrote:Stoofs, I just got you on deliberately weak argument. I'm not sure if that makes you scum or not.
No I didn't. As alko has already said:
As Stoofer already mentioned, he's not voting you because he misinterpreted you as the cop, but because when he realized you weren't the cop and read over your posts, he found you incredibly scummy.
Save The Dragons wrote:
hiya. People get your votes of TJM, theres a better case on DoS:

This is the only instance I can find of anything close to a defense of TJM, if I'm wrong someone find it for me.
Go back and read my post and follow the links I gave.
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Mon Apr 02, 2007 3:30 am

Post by remussaidow »

[quote="Save The Dragons]
1) You believe his opinion because he is town? Please tell me you also believe it on grounds that it is logical.
remussaidow wrote:TSQ has, on the other hand, made a good point on StD. His playstyle is often fairly aggressive as town and sitting-on-the-fence-ish as scum.
That's not what he said!

This is why I'm on the fence; I air on the side of caution. Most of the time.[/quote]

Agree, I hope that he's agreeing with me because its logical as well. HOWEVER

No, but it is an extrapolation of what he said. It's what I'm saying based on what he said.

StD, from my playing with you, you only err on the side of caution as scum. Are you claiming that you are scum most of the time?
Not sure if was this game or not that I directed poeple to Star Wars mafia on Magic4you.nu. Read it, I'm sure you'll see my point. Or just read the post differences between std 1.0 and std 2.0.
Now, life is civilized. Once there was a city, barbaric in its ways. Yet, they were an empire. But even before that, they were two brothers. They fought. Remus said ow, and it all began.
DragonsofSummer
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Mon Apr 02, 2007 8:06 am

Post by DragonsofSummer »

Save The Dragons wrote:
DragonsofSummer wrote: 1. I knew Frozenstein is actually in Diablo II, having played it myself.
And I know Robert Paulson is in Fight Club but that doesn't mean I am Robert Paulson if I say I am.
This is true, but the fact that I knew the character was in the game made it more believable for me than if I didn't know it to be true. Through the same train of thought I would be more inclined to believe a Robert Paulson claim in Fight Club Mafia than say a claim of Marv (from Sin City).
Save The Dragons wrote:
DragonsofSummer wrote:2. Remus who has said Diablo II is is favorite game knew Frozenstein was in Diablo, and believed that he would be aligned that way. This second reason may be misguided, but I feel that remus is town and so am willing to believe him, especially based after yesterdays actions.
2) Once again. Robert Paulson's not really a bad guy. I could probably convince you as such in a game of Fight Club Mafia. Doesn't make it true.
1. Yes, the fact that it was logical played into it.
2. I already addressed this point.
Save The Dragons wrote:Did you have any reason to trust Skruffs after he edited wikipedia to incorporate his claim and then claimed something else?
That was scummy of him I have to agree with you, but still just because a Wiki page doesn't exist for something doesn't mean it doesn't exist (he should not have made his own for it though). I never believed his second claim was serious. I thought it was a joke from the beginning and treated it as such.
"I want you to hit me as hard as you can."
-Tyler Durden
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Mon Apr 02, 2007 7:45 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

Mr Stoofer wrote:
Thestatusquo wrote:Stoofs, I just got you on deliberately weak argument. I'm not sure if that makes you scum or not.
No I didn't. As alko has already said:
As Stoofer already mentioned, he's not voting you because he misinterpreted you as the cop, but because when he realized you weren't the cop and read over your posts, he found you incredibly scummy.
Save The Dragons wrote:
hiya. People get your votes of TJM, theres a better case on DoS:

Go back and read my post and follow the links I gave.
And stoofer continues to fall for the deliberately weak argument. I KNOW thats not why you're voting me. That isn't the point the fact that you ignored the valid points I made, and went after the one that I made up, that was weak, and threw in there just to see if it got attacked is the point. Now, you've continues to attack me on that one point, ignoring not only the other valid points I made, but also my explanation of what the point I made that you are attacking meant in relation to everything else.

I can't buy you as pro town right now. You're not trying to find scum, you're trying to score points in an argument.

Vote: Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Mon Apr 02, 2007 9:32 pm

Post by Mr Stoofer »

Thestatusquo wrote:And stoofer continues to fall for the deliberately weak argument. I KNOW thats not why you're voting me. That isn't the point the fact that you ignored the valid points I made, and went after the one that I made up, that was weak, and threw in there just to see if it got attacked is the point. Now, you've continues to attack me on that one point, ignoring not only the other valid points I made, but also my explanation of what the point I made that you are attacking meant in relation to everything else.
I thought I had responded to the points which did not amount just to saying I was wrong. I don't like get into arguments which just go "You are wrong" / "No I'm not" / "Yes you are"...

If you would repeat your "valid points", please, I will respond to them individually.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Mon Apr 02, 2007 11:57 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

Thestatusquo wrote:Stoofs, I don't see anything scummy in the way I reacted to the DoS, TJM thing. Three things.
1) I didn't defend TJM. I posted a case against DoS, because I thought he was clearly scum. Doesn't it make sense that I would be more inclined to believe my own research on DoS?

2) Pointing out a flaw in an argument against someone is not defending that person, it is only pointing out a flawed argument. Not only that, you AGREED with my analysis in your VERY NEXT post. So if you're using that as offense, you might as well vote yourself.

3) It is not my fault you read my role wrong. Voting me because you thought I was a cop when I wasn't is hardly a reason to vote someone.

Seeing as I'm two from lynch, I'd appreciate some unvotes for the moment. I don't see significant reason for me to claim right now.
The biggest things, which you completely ignored are a) The fact that my 'defense of TJM' was actually just me thinking the case was stronger on someone else. STD has already posted to that effect as well.

You will notice about this, also, that the posts you quote of mine do not actually showcase me defending TJM, but instead:

1) Saying my opinion on a claim
2) VOTING HIM(WTF!)
3) Saying I don't like either of our current lynch candidates.

I do not see how any of this could be even remotely seen as defending someone.

And point b) Where you quote a post I made in reference to livingod's claim, and cite it as evidence that I was defending him, ignoring the fact THAT YOU AGREED WITH THAT POST after it was made. I expect to see you FOSing yourself sometime soon.

You instead focused on 3, which, as I have already explained, was the deliberately weak argument. I think I've explained what that is at great length.

Carry on.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Tue Apr 03, 2007 12:01 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

"You are wrong" / "No I'm not" / "Yes you are"...
I'd also like to point out the rediculous nature of this statement. All arguments take that form. The difference is that people, you know, support their arguments with proof.

An actual argument goes something like this:

Claim: X/ Claim X is wrong because of Y/ claim y is wrong, irrelevant, because of z

And so on. You've basically just said "If you think I'm wrong, then tough." Which I don't think I have to explain why it's stupid.
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Tue Apr 03, 2007 12:42 am

Post by Mr Stoofer »

Thestatusquo's First Point
:
a) The fact that my 'defense of TJM' was actually just me thinking the case was stronger on someone else. STD has already posted to that effect as well.
I don't agree with this interpretation of your posts. I set out my interpretation in detail, with quotations, in my post 540. At the time, TheJiveMachinescum and DragonsofSummer were both in the firing line. Your posts consistently* tried to push the bandwagon towards DragonsofSummer and away from TheJiveMachine.

[* It wasn't quite consistent; your post 354 went the other way, but you immediately retracted.]
You will notice about this, also, that the posts you quote of mine do not actually showcase me defending TJM, but instead:

1) Saying my opinion on a claim
2) VOTING HIM(WTF!)
3) Saying I don't like either of our current lynch candidates.

I do not see how any of this could be even remotely seen as defending someone.
As to these 3 points:

1) My point is that your opinion was to lynch DoS and not TJM-scum
2) I noted that in my post 540 - I also noted how you immediately retracted
3) That's not a fair reflection, but in any event TJM's claim was lynchworthy, so saying you didn't want to lynch him after his claim is scummy.

Thestatusquo's Second Point
:
And point b) Where you quote a post I made in reference to livingod's claim, and cite it as evidence that I was defending him, ignoring the fact THAT YOU AGREED WITH THAT POST after it was made. I expect to see you FOSing yourself sometime soon.
First, this is evidence, nothing more. I didn't suggest it was conclusive. Secondly, I did
not
agree with you: my next post said that I thought you were mistaken.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Tue Apr 03, 2007 1:21 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

Don't have time to respond to all of that this instant, but I'd like to point out that you called it "A fair point." Last time I checked, a fair point != a scum tell. When will that self FOS be coming down?
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Tue Apr 03, 2007 1:37 am

Post by Mr Stoofer »

:idea: Oh I've finally understood what you have been going on about! I
didn't
agree with the post you said I agreed with: but I
did
say that say a
later
post (which was a correction of your earlier post) was a "fair point".

As it turns out, your point was wrong - livingod was scum after all.

And so this is evidence against you. Making fair points in defence of scum is still evidence of scumminess. It doesn't prove it scumminess; and it's not as bad as making bum points in defence of scum; and I didn't make much of a feature of the point in my post 540 anyway.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:29 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

Exactly. You used it as a means of 'piling on'

In my opinion, making fair points is never a scum tell.
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Tue Apr 03, 2007 4:22 am

Post by Mr Stoofer »

Meh. That's not a key reason why I'm voting you anyway.
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Tue Apr 03, 2007 4:28 am

Post by remussaidow »

Thestatusquo wrote:Don't have time to respond to all of that this instant, but I'd like to point out that you called it "A fair point." Last time I checked,
a fair point != a scum tell
. When will that self FOS be coming down?
Thestatusquo wrote:Exactly. You used it as a means of 'piling on'

In my opinion,
making fair points is never a scum tell
TSQ, explain.
Now, life is civilized. Once there was a city, barbaric in its ways. Yet, they were an empire. But even before that, they were two brothers. They fought. Remus said ow, and it all began.
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Tue Apr 03, 2007 4:43 am

Post by Mr Stoofer »

Thestatusquo wrote:
a fair point != a scum tell
means the same as
Thestatusquo wrote:
making fair points is never a scum tell
!=
means "is not equal to"
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Tue Apr 03, 2007 5:53 am

Post by remussaidow »

ah, ok.

nevermind then

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”