Mafia Scum
NJAC
He/His/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/His/Him

Post Post #1101 (ISO) » Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:23 am

Post by NJAC »

Ok people, this is the thing: RL has been hectic but I think I finally have some time to fully catch up this game and start contributing. I have to start from the end of D2, so it's going to take like 3-4 days. However I'll post my thoughts the way they're coming.

More coming...
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1102 (ISO) » Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:59 am

Post by Garmr »

In post 1100, Slandaar wrote:I'm town.

Link this Pokemon game.
Sure but it's changed quite allot since 2 years ago they renovated the system and there's all new player playing it every so often I go back on there. It's even more animated and robotic than before ever since they introduced that disgusting theme system. I never see any of the old players anymore and no one but a few mods remember me :( .

http://pokemon-online.eu/
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1103 (ISO) » Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:30 am

Post by Slandaar »

In post 1091, Garmr wrote: Only interaction ever involving or mentioning maxous and is a subtle redirect. (Side note yuni was on the ball with fire scum.)
Subtle Redirect is a bit of a stretch, her post is a waffly mess I questioned her on someone else to see if the same would happen or not.
In post 1091, Garmr wrote:
In post 219, Maxous wrote:
Matias wrote:I don't have any clue how you came to this conclusion, and if this is scummy for him, then you should find both mastin and I scummy as well.
no no, no

It's not that Toomai called TSO town (which he is), it's that he said nothing BUT that.
Look at his ISO - he is posting just enough not to be called lurking with just enough content not be fluff posting. He gives like 1 new read per post. His pushes are weak (if existent?)
It's textbook coasting scum.

- Garmr: His first post was really comfortable(tonally), no sign of scum caution or nerves to it - and was a big difference to his early play in a mini normal I was in with him recently (in which he was scum). There is a massive difference here between this game and that game.
-Slandaar: I don't feel like he would of written #18 as scum, not a strong read but eh. (since then, his play has been ok)

- ArcAngel: What I was suspecting about Arc was that she delayed starting the game because she was strategising with her buddies pre-game first (since I happened to see her post elsewhere without confirming here) but her complete lack of activity since has blown that theory out of the water.
- Desperado: I liked how he was pro-active and agressive in pushing the Yuni wagon early, as I think scum would of voted and sat back at the point.

- Aptil: Yeah, his post being weak was the reason I was meh on him.
- JKLM: I liked him early because his posts were full of aggression and conviction
Out of those reads which ones seem thrown together (the desp and the slandaar one.)
Uh, no. It looks like you just took my name out of the blue to force this 'connection'
In post 1091, Garmr wrote: Explains most of the reads mentioned except sland and desp in the spoilers. Also desp explantion is rushed (another proven connection)
Uh no. He explains maybe 5 of them he left you out too.
In post 1091, Garmr wrote: Also after maxous flip Slandaar doesn't go back to see if there's any connection between him and someone else. He doesn't even mention him at all.
I didn't with EPM either. Playstyle.
In post 1091, Garmr wrote: Coach coach coaching
Coaching doesn't really exist because any interaction can be perceived as it. For example;

A vote B

Could be called coaching.
In post 1091, Garmr wrote: Is saying desp could be scum while saying no to everyone else except PV which he handled in a less wifomy way and didn't need to explain himself.
Is saying that Desp isn't at the top of my townlist but is in it where PV was more meh. If you had looked at my reads post you would see how everything makes sense.
In post 1091, Garmr wrote: This here is a passive defense of desps
TSO: This wagon is moving fast let me find who is bussing!
Sland: Uh it doesn't matter who is bussing if you are assuming the person in question is scum.

This is called scumhunting, not passive defending.
In post 1091, Garmr wrote: And here's a hard defense of desps now this is wierd from someone who has been calling him maybe scum unsure of.
Sure, I haven't called him scum though, I still think if he were town he would think the same as he did. Don't see how this is relevant to anything I defend lots of people.
In post 1091, Garmr wrote: His main concern here seems to be not looking like fire scum as he doesn't care bout looking town
My main concern while talking from a firescum POV about how they would perceive the game is to not look like firescum?

What?
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1104 (ISO) » Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:49 am

Post by Garmr »

In post 1103, Slandaar wrote:
In post 1091, Garmr wrote: Only interaction ever involving or mentioning maxous and is a subtle redirect. (Side note yuni was on the ball with fire scum.)
Subtle Redirect is a bit of a stretch, her post is a waffly mess I questioned her on someone else to see if the same would happen or not.

I still believe you were firmly trying to redirect because even if yuni vote was waffley it still mentioned all the scum and they way you worded it makes me think you wanted attention on toomai. It was like a sarcastic tone to push scum in that direction. This point stays
In post 1091, Garmr wrote:
In post 219, Maxous wrote:
Matias wrote:I don't have any clue how you came to this conclusion, and if this is scummy for him, then you should find both mastin and I scummy as well.
no no, no

It's not that Toomai called TSO town (which he is), it's that he said nothing BUT that.
Look at his ISO - he is posting just enough not to be called lurking with just enough content not be fluff posting. He gives like 1 new read per post. His pushes are weak (if existent?)
It's textbook coasting scum.

- Garmr: His first post was really comfortable(tonally), no sign of scum caution or nerves to it - and was a big difference to his early play in a mini normal I was in with him recently (in which he was scum). There is a massive difference here between this game and that game.
-Slandaar: I don't feel like he would of written #18 as scum, not a strong read but eh. (since then, his play has been ok)

- ArcAngel: What I was suspecting about Arc was that she delayed starting the game because she was strategising with her buddies pre-game first (since I happened to see her post elsewhere without confirming here) but her complete lack of activity since has blown that theory out of the water.
- Desperado: I liked how he was pro-active and agressive in pushing the Yuni wagon early, as I think scum would of voted and sat back at the point.

- Aptil: Yeah, his post being weak was the reason I was meh on him.
- JKLM: I liked him early because his posts were full of aggression and conviction
Out of those reads which ones seem thrown together (the desp and the slandaar one.)
Uh, no. It looks like you just took my name out of the blue to force this 'connection'
Nope it's similar between you and desp because of the way it written it was like he was forcing a town read on you which would be dangerous to do as scum in a multi scum game unless they are on your team. Desp is also forced because I don't really see him as a big contributor to the yuni wagon.
In post 1091, Garmr wrote: Explains most of the reads mentioned except sland and desp in the spoilers. Also desp explantion is rushed (another proven connection)
Uh no. He explains maybe 5 of them he left you out too.
Incorrect he mentions me in the spoilers but instead of reinforcing a read he begins to question me. But you are correct about there only being 5 so You take this point.
In post 1091, Garmr wrote: Also after maxous flip Slandaar doesn't go back to see if there's any connection between him and someone else. He doesn't even mention him at all.
In post 1091, Garmr wrote: Coach coach coaching
Coaching doesn't really exist because any interaction can be perceived as it. For example;

A vote B

Could be called coaching.
Ok lets just say this is a interaction I find scummy and also if if you just pretend coaching does exist in your world of theory why wouldn't this be the case?
Can't argue with you here.
In post 1091, Garmr wrote: Is saying desp could be scum while saying no to everyone else except PV which he handled in a less wifomy way and didn't need to explain himself.
Is saying that Desp isn't at the top of my townlist but is in it where PV was more meh. If you had looked at my reads post you would see how everything makes sense
You left room to change your read and that what my main point was still I consider you been a bit wifomy on him.

Is saying that Desp isn't at the top of my townlist but is in it where PV was more meh. If you had looked at my reads post you would see how everything makes sense.
In post 1091, Garmr wrote: This here is a passive defense of desps
TSO: This wagon is moving fast let me find who is bussing!
Sland: Uh it doesn't matter who is bussing if you are assuming the person in question is scum.
Your correct on the passive defense thing strike that off the list.
In post 1091, Garmr wrote: And here's a hard defense of desps now this is wierd from someone who has been calling him maybe scum unsure of.
Sure, I haven't called him scum though, I still think if he were town he would think the same as he did. Don't see how this is relevant to anything I defend lots of people.
Doesn't matter you were waffling on him and then popped the hard defense out I don't like that.
In post 1091, Garmr wrote: His main concern here seems to be not looking like fire scum as he doesn't care bout looking town
My main concern while talking from a firescum POV about how they would perceive the game is to not look like firescum?

What?

Exactly what I said If you can avoid not looking like fire scum you are less likely to get lynched because as you said It is less likely you are ice scum with the attack between you and aptil.
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1105 (ISO) » Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:30 am

Post by Slandaar »

What is scummy about trying to get someone to unvote someone who was town?
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1106 (ISO) » Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:52 am

Post by Garmr »

In post 1105, Slandaar wrote:What is scummy about trying to get someone to unvote someone who was town?
Which part are you referring to.
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1107 (ISO) » Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:15 am

Post by Slandaar »

In post 1104, Garmr wrote: Ok lets just say this is a interaction I find scummy
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1108 (ISO) » Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:26 am

Post by Garmr »

In post 1107, Slandaar wrote:
In post 1104, Garmr wrote: Ok lets just say this is a interaction I find scummy
the scummy interaction is you pushing desp away from the convo and saying your both right.
In post 368, Slandaar wrote:
Alternatively you can keep dodging me.
In post 359, Desperado wrote: "As town I have argued that being hypocritical isn't scummy, therefore my hypocritical push on Yiley isn't scummy."
Desp in fast and fiurious Majiffy was correct on you from his POV, from your POV he was wrong but you had no clue how to explain things properly and never did hence Majiffy was correct. Here;
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1109 (ISO) » Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:47 am

Post by Slandaar »

That was an example of a very similar situation to show him why he was wrong. The example was; sometimes people cannot explain properly what they mean.

It is not saying he is right.
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1110 (ISO) » Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:27 am

Post by T S O »

I struggle to see how my Desp interactions are scum-scum, but go ahead Garmr.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1111 (ISO) » Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:50 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 1086, Toomai wrote:I protected Slandaar last night FYI; he's a weaker townread for me and so seemed like a decently more unexpected choice.

Mod: Considering how all previous kills were flavoured as belonging to a team, can you be more specific than "killed" for penguin_alien?

Sorry Mod is sleepy and Forgetful ~JS
In post 1089, Garmr wrote:well that means fire and ice shot the same person.
I is confused. Please to clear up post 1089.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1112 (ISO) » Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:55 am

Post by T S O »

We can assume Toomai isn't Fire, and we can assume Desp thought he was Town, not Ice.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1113 (ISO) » Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:03 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 1092, RachMarie wrote:I have Slaan as a town read could someone please explain their scum read on him?

However I still think Aptil and Pere are scum. Since we are waiting for Aptil's replacement,

VOTE: Pere

Going to look at the flipped scumz and see if I can narrow it more to which team they are on.
Interesting.
In post 1049, PeregrineV wrote:
In post 1047, RachMarie wrote:Why are you white knighting Aptil so much Slaan?

That is not what he said. Yes I did talk about hammers but I did not only complain about hammers. I also did one of the hammers.

Meanwhile I still think Aptil is scum I also think Pere is scum.

Pere as for who is fire and who is ice I really dont know that yet, other than the flipped read. I am just trying to find scum cause whether they are fire or ice they are still scum and we need them gone. Do you have anything else besides Rach is scum and asking me about Des?
I have to find scum one at time.

I suspect one of them might be you.

I suspect another might be Desp.

I'd like to hear what you think about Desp.
In post 1052, RachMarie wrote:He might be, I am not sure because I have misread him every time I have played with him save for the time we were both scum together, then I knew his alignment.
In post 1057, PeregrineV wrote:
In post 1052, RachMarie wrote:He might be, I am not sure because I have misread him every time I have played with him save for the time we were both scum together, then I knew his alignment.
So, when you are scum together, you knew he was scum, so didn't have to read him.

And otherwsie, you are saying he was the opposite of whatever you read him?

Then, problem solved! You give us your Desp read and we will assume the opposite. :D

Unless of course his play matches the time you were scum together.
In post 1063, RachMarie wrote:Then push that tomorrow Bulb we do not have time and a NL is bad juju. ESPECIALLY with two potential kills a night.

Town

TSO
Bulb
PA
Slaan

Scum

Des (light read)
Pere
Aptil

The rest I am not sure of because I was gone and then so sick I did not get a chance to do in depth ISO research and VCA.

However please look at VCA and look for patterns, I am sure there is at least one scum on my wagon and one off of it maybe one from each team but not positive on that.

GOOD LUCK town you will need it.

Ok you can hammer me now and I will join the dead thread (if there is one).
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1114 (ISO) » Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:04 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 461, RachMarie wrote:That being said, it is probably a town derp hammer. Though it is multiball so by itself is not enough to be a solid town read. uggh

Well will work on catching up more while we are on night I guess.

Was going to let all my games know I would not be on much at all tomorrow since we will be flying to TN for the holiday, and to look at some houses. We may end up moving there.
In post 962, RachMarie wrote:I am fine with voting for Aptil

VOTE: Aptil

@Rach- talk me through Point A to Point B.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1115 (ISO) » Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:06 am

Post by T S O »

Peregrine, I don't think Rach was bussing Desp.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1116 (ISO) » Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:07 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 1112, T S O wrote:We can assume Toomai isn't Fire, and we can assume Desp thought he was Town, not Ice.
I don't get this either. Are we assumign Toomai isn;t fire because we are assuming he's the doc?

Why we would assume Desp thought Tommai was town and not scum-Ice doc?
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1117 (ISO) » Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:09 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 1115, T S O wrote:Peregrine, I don't think Rach was bussing Desp.
Well Desp was a town read until questioned about it, then he was an "I can't read him", then he was a light scumread when he was about to be lynched.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1118 (ISO) » Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:12 am

Post by T S O »

In post 1116, PeregrineV wrote:
In post 1112, T S O wrote:We can assume Toomai isn't Fire, and we can assume Desp thought he was Town, not Ice.
I don't get this either. Are we assumign Toomai isn;t fire because we are assuming he's the doc?

Why we would assume Desp thought Tommai was town and not scum-Ice doc?
We're assuming Toomai isn't Fire because Desp was pushing him like a mad cunt.

And I think Desp thought he was Town because a Town Doctor makes more sense for this set-up, and it's more dangerous to scum.

Though now you mention it, it's maybe possible that Toomai, as the last Fire, nk'd last night to confirm himself. But the again, I'm pretty sure he's not Fire.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1119 (ISO) » Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:19 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 1111, PeregrineV wrote:
In post 1086, Toomai wrote:I protected Slandaar last night FYI; he's a weaker townread for me and so seemed like a decently more unexpected choice.

Mod: Considering how all previous kills were flavoured as belonging to a team, can you be more specific than "killed" for penguin_alien?

Sorry Mod is sleepy and Forgetful ~JS
I is confused. Please to clear up post 1089.
@TSO-
If we believe the doc claim, why does Garmr say ?
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1120 (ISO) » Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:30 am

Post by T S O »

I think JS's kill flavour is incredibly ambiguous. I myself think it's Ice alone, but I could see how Ice Burn is Fire & Ice.
Toomai
Toomai
Goon
Toomai
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1121 (ISO) » Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:39 am

Post by Toomai »

In post 1116, PeregrineV wrote:Why we would assume Desp thought Tommai was town and not scum-Ice doc?
To have a scumdoc on one side, you'd need something of reasonably equivalent power on the other side. As firescum he would know that they don't have that equivalence.

Ice Burn is an Ice-type attack that can set targets on fire in the Pokémon series, there's no way it stands for anything but "killed by both teams".
This should be required reading for...everyone for anything, really.
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1122 (ISO) » Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:40 am

Post by T S O »

I know what Ice Burn is, but in Pokemon it's Ice-based, so I wasn't sure did it involve Fire.
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1123 (ISO) » Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:47 am

Post by Slandaar »

In post 1120, T S O wrote: I think JS's kill flavour is incredibly ambiguous. I myself think it's Ice alone, but I could see how Ice Burn is Fire & Ice.
Why then are you voting me?
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1124 (ISO) » Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:01 pm

Post by Garmr »

In post 329, T S O wrote:Desperado, continue pushing. I grant you permission to do so.
It a slight itch but it's the lack of interaction.
In post 695, T S O wrote:Desp's start attacking YC makes him Town.

Can't figure out the other three, though - they all interacted with Maxous. You guys should look at them.
I thought this was a bad reason to make desp town and a bit artificial. Beside you go straight back to calling desp possible scum after
In post 523, T S O wrote:
In post 220, Dry-fit wrote:I would like mastin to explain his read on me at some point.
In post 203, Desperado wrote: Don't like apologizing for looking scummy, don't like buddying Mastin, and I really don't like the hypocritical, voteless mudsling on Yiley.
It doesn't even end with looking scummy. I haven't gotten any scumreads better than marginal and only a couple townreads I would consider solid.
I don't see how my post is buddying mastin.
I should point out that I've made the case that being hypocritical can be legitimate multiple times as town.
Being hypocritical isn't scummy, therefore my hypocrisy is okay.

Just because something isn't scummy doesn't mean it's right.
The fact you never mentioned desp doing it.

The main fact

The main fact is you called desp possible scum and him on his scum to lynch lists 4 times and never voted him once and when tso had his chance to vote either rach marie or desp he did neither. This suggest to me he was hesitant about doing either action which is weird because he was scum reading them both.

In post 871, T S O wrote:
In post 870, evilpacman18 wrote:btw fire guys, aim for town, we will too, cross-kills hurt us both right now.

vote: evilpacman18
How dumb do you think the Fire team is? They shoot Town and you shoot at them? lmao
In post 884, T S O wrote:But your team isn't aiming for Town. They're aiming for Fire. So while Fire kill Town, you kill them, allowing you to win.

You assume the Fire team are morons, which to follow your plan which is biased towards an Ice win, they would have to be.

Put the noose around your neck and stop trying to manipulate, EPM. It's done.
Tso is interacting with epm I feel he is speaking on the fire teams behalf but trying to get town cred by doing it.

At the moment I am 55% sland and 45% TSO

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”