Raffles
Raffles
Mafia Zcum
Raffles
Mafia Zcum
Mafia Zcum

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Fri Mar 30, 2007 1:34 am

Post by Raffles »

I'm lazy, I want to catch scum as easily as I can. I keep notes of scummy characters/actvities, wait for a bit to see if it repeats, or person shows further scummy activities. It doesn't help me if the people I got marked is alerted to their mistakes too early.
Woof!
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Fri Mar 30, 2007 2:49 am

Post by Battle Mage »

not to mention the fact that your comments almost sound like
instructions to your buddy

:o

Raffles wrote:Fair enough. It's just that I was slightly ticked because I noted it but was planning on to see how PBuG behaves a bit more.
XReyoX
XReyoX
Goon
XReyoX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Fri Mar 30, 2007 3:02 am

Post by XReyoX »

Battle Mage wrote:not to mention the fact that your comments almost sound like

Instructions? Unless you have an IQ of 1000. I guess it would almost be
impossible
to figure out scums who are sending out instructions to each other.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Fri Mar 30, 2007 4:19 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Lazy is not good. But, so many people are being lazy in this game that I don't feel it's worth switching my vote off of OTU right now. Tomorrow, though...
Retired as of October 2014.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:30 am

Post by Battle Mage »

huh? thats like saying you have to have an IQ of 1000 to work out who got a role pm saying 'Mafia' out of a selection of 12 people. Its not impossible, its just difficult. Nonetheless, the whole point of this game is to try and catch scum. This is what i am doing.

XReyoX wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:not to mention the fact that your comments almost sound like

Instructions? Unless you have an IQ of 1000. I guess it would almost be
impossible
to figure out scums who are sending out instructions to each other.
Phoebus
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Hall Monitor

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:30 am

Post by Phoebus »

Vote count:

1 Battle Mage (~N9V~)
1 Kison (Akbar)
8 OverTheUnder (Battle Mage, DrippingGoofball, Fuldu, Kison, Mastermind of Sin, Mr Flay, remussaidow, Raffles)

1 PBuG (OverTheUnder)
2 remussaidow (PBuG, theopor_COD)
1 Raffles (Scarecrow)

7 not voting

11 to lynch
XReyoX
XReyoX
Goon
XReyoX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:59 am

Post by XReyoX »

Battle Mage wrote:huh? thats like saying you have to have an IQ of 1000 to work out who got a role pm saying 'Mafia' out of a selection of 12 people. Its not impossible, its just difficult. Nonetheless, the whole point of this game is to try and catch scum. This is what i am doing.
No. I mean it's impossible to tell if a scum is trying to hide an instruction for his buddy to do something.
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Fri Mar 30, 2007 7:44 am

Post by Kison »

Well, OTU still looks good for today, but I think there's more going for remussaidow.

Unvote

Vote : remussaidow
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Fri Mar 30, 2007 9:21 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

as i have said, it is certainly not impossible. Just difficult, and certainly not something you can be certain of. Noobs who are about to die, will occassionally pass on info to their buddies before they go. Similarly, experienced players may be forced to issue instructions to a noob buddy who isnt doing as they should.

XReyoX wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:huh? thats like saying you have to have an IQ of 1000 to work out who got a role pm saying 'Mafia' out of a selection of 12 people. Its not impossible, its just difficult. Nonetheless, the whole point of this game is to try and catch scum. This is what i am doing.
No. I mean it's impossible to tell if a scum is trying to hide an instruction for his buddy to do something.
Raffles
Raffles
Mafia Zcum
Raffles
Mafia Zcum
Mafia Zcum

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Sat Mar 31, 2007 2:37 am

Post by Raffles »

BM wrote: as i have said, it is certainly not impossible. Just difficult, and certainly not something you can be certain of. Noobs who are about to die, will occassionally pass on info to their buddies before they go. Similarly, experienced players may be forced to issue instructions to a noob buddy who isnt doing as they should.
And again, this is where your theory fails. Assuming your theories are true, and I am a scum, I am under no pressure for the time being and therefore have no need to pass on any information. Regarding of which, I am curious to know what you thought was the information I was trying to pass on, and who I was passing it onto.
Woof!
Akbar
Akbar
Goon
Akbar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Sat Mar 31, 2007 2:18 pm

Post by Akbar »

This is my 2nd multi-team mafia game played. In my other game, by page 25 we lynched 3 of our own townies, including a power role that fell asleep with a wagon on him. I think we faulted by not considering how quick the mafia teams would support a mislynch. Knowing that, makes we weary of why OTU is not lynched yet. Either, he’s scum and doesn’t have the votes of his team, or the players in this thread are much more calculated in who they vote for. I haven’t voted him because I couldn’t find much scummy about him, with exception to the already mentioned opportunism.

Right now I’m concerned with PBug and Kison. I had suspicions of Kison on page 8. But, I recently noticed a voting pattern with PBug and Kison.

PBug and Kison combo votes:
Pages 1&2 on XReyoX, after the XReyoX wagon fizzles, page 6&7 hop on Raffles, both attack raffles for his “End of Story” argument on page 7&8. By page 16 both were on OTU, after OTU’s wagon lost momentum, both shifted to Remus 17&18.

That being said, I think either PBug and Kison are extremely aggressive townies, one of them is scum latching onto a townie, or they are on the same team.

Unvote:Vote PBug
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Sat Mar 31, 2007 2:25 pm

Post by Kison »

If you were suspicious of me regardless of the voting patterns, then why did you choose to hop onto PBuG?
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Sat Mar 31, 2007 2:35 pm

Post by remussaidow »

Read his points again Kison, he's suspicious of both of you.
Now, life is civilized. Once there was a city, barbaric in its ways. Yet, they were an empire. But even before that, they were two brothers. They fought. Remus said ow, and it all began.
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Sun Apr 01, 2007 2:11 am

Post by Kison »

remussaidow wrote:Read his points again Kison, he's suspicious of both of you.
I did read his points. And he said that he was
already
suspicious of me before he noticed any voting patterns.
Akbar wrote:I had suspicions of Kison on page 8.
My question is, why go after PBuG when I'd be the stronger case?
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Sun Apr 01, 2007 3:47 am

Post by Battle Mage »

if you are referring to the game i think you are, the reasoning behind our failure was that we went under the false assumption that the scum teams would attack each other after gaining a big advantage on the town.
I also agree that the lack of movement on the OTU wagon is very suspicious. Whilst it is possible that the scum dont want to put the last vote on, i think it is more likely that his scumbuddies are trying to avoid the wagon, and the entire other scum group is already on it!
BM

Akbar wrote:This is my 2nd multi-team mafia game played. In my other game, by page 25 we lynched 3 of our own townies, including a power role that fell asleep with a wagon on him. I think we faulted by not considering how quick the mafia teams would support a mislynch. Knowing that, makes we weary of why OTU is not lynched yet. Either, he’s scum and doesn’t have the votes of his team, or the players in this thread are much more calculated in who they vote for. I haven’t voted him because I couldn’t find much scummy about him, with exception to the already mentioned opportunism.

Right now I’m concerned with PBug and Kison. I had suspicions of Kison on page 8. But, I recently noticed a voting pattern with PBug and Kison.

PBug and Kison combo votes:
Pages 1&2 on XReyoX, after the XReyoX wagon fizzles, page 6&7 hop on Raffles, both attack raffles for his “End of Story” argument on page 7&8. By page 16 both were on OTU, after OTU’s wagon lost momentum, both shifted to Remus 17&18.

That being said, I think either PBug and Kison are extremely aggressive townies, one of them is scum latching onto a townie, or they are on the same team.

Unvote:Vote PBug
Akbar
Akbar
Goon
Akbar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Sun Apr 01, 2007 3:55 am

Post by Akbar »

Kison wrote:If you were suspicious of me regardless of the voting patterns, then why did you choose to hop onto PBuG?
If you and PBug are a scum team, it doesn't matter who gets lynched first. PBug has OTU's vote on him. Perhaps OTU saw something else in PBug that I haven't. Either way, 2 votes on 1 scum is better than 1 vote on 2 scum.
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Sun Apr 01, 2007 4:51 am

Post by Kison »

Akbar wrote:
Kison wrote:If you were suspicious of me regardless of the voting patterns, then why did you choose to hop onto PBuG?
If you and PBug are a scum team, it doesn't matter who gets lynched first. PBug has OTU's vote on him. Perhaps OTU saw something else in PBug that I haven't. Either way, 2 votes on 1 scum is better than 1 vote on 2 scum.
Well, you answered my question, even if you didn't understand what I was trying to ask.

Remus
: Mind providing a list of who you think is scum, neutral, town, and why?
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Mon Apr 02, 2007 5:14 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Waiting on more answers from people. I'm about this > < far from asking to bail out of this game, if we can't keep up participation any better than this.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Mon Apr 02, 2007 5:17 am

Post by Battle Mage »

answers to what exactly?

Mr. Flay wrote:Waiting on more answers from people. I'm about this > < far from asking to bail out of this game, if we can't keep up participation any better than this.
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Mon Apr 02, 2007 5:26 am

Post by remussaidow »

Sorry Kison, I missed that post last time through.

I don't have the time right now, I'll try to get to it in the next copule of hours.
Now, life is civilized. Once there was a city, barbaric in its ways. Yet, they were an empire. But even before that, they were two brothers. They fought. Remus said ow, and it all began.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Mon Apr 02, 2007 5:35 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Remus, mostly, though I'm not really satisfied with XreoX's explanation of the "it's impossible to see scum passing messages", especially since I've
been
that scum a couple of times, and had to try to do it without getting caught, and you generally do get spotted. People here are very sharp, usually.

Raffles' explanation of telling people to hold their cards close to their vest is shady too. But I doubt seriously that any other bandwagon is going to gain speed today, so if OTU is not going to offer anything further in his defense, I would like to see more people vote for
someone
, and end this Day to have something to talk about D2.
TBuG
TBuG
they/them
I win
TBuG
they/them
I win
I win
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Mon Apr 02, 2007 5:36 am

Post by TBuG »

Akbar, if you read any game that I've been mafia in, you will find it very hard to cnnect me to anyone. I primarily point you to SSBM Mafia, in which I advocated the lynches of my scummates. I try to play scum as if I am a Serial Killer.
rolandofthewhite (5:40:28 PM): It would be weird living with Thesp. All the hookers murdered and skin lying around. :(
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Mon Apr 02, 2007 5:44 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

And for those who don't know what I mean about the lack of participation, here's what I see as people's last post, and the content therein with respect to moving the game forward:

4/2/2007 remussaidow
4/2/2007 PBuG
4/2/2007 Mr. Flay
4/2/2007 Battle Mage
4/1/2007 Kison
4/1/2007 Akbar
3/31/2007 Raffles
3/30/2007 XReyoX
3/29/2007 theopor_COD
3/28/2007 Mastermind of Sin, negligible
3/26/2007 OverTheUnder
3/26/2007 IH, negligible
3/26/2007 bird1111, negligible
3/25/2007 Zindaras, negligible, after replacing Der Hammer who last posted on 3/17
3/25/2007 Fuldu
3/25/2007 DrippingGoofball, negligible
3/25/2007 al4xz
3/24/2007 Wizardcat, very little
3/24/2007 ~N9V~, very little
3/22/2007 Scarecrow, very little
3/19/2007 spectrumvoid

Shameful.
Raffles
Raffles
Mafia Zcum
Raffles
Mafia Zcum
Mafia Zcum

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Mon Apr 02, 2007 5:59 am

Post by Raffles »

What, I only left a couple of days!

I think people are just scared of putting OTU too close on lynch -1 and the subsequent hammer. It's simply that everyone knows he's scummy, but he hasn't acted scummy enough to deserve a lynch. But nobody has the balls to say it. What the hell, I'll wait until something more interesting appears. Certainly Pbug - Kison theory is interesting, and I'll look over that in my next long free time. It's also interesting that OTU kinda seem to have given up on the game. Meanwhile, I'll
unvote
Woof!
TBuG
TBuG
they/them
I win
TBuG
they/them
I win
I win
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:07 am

Post by TBuG »

Mod, could you prod, oh, everyone who hasn't posted in over a week?
rolandofthewhite (5:40:28 PM): It would be weird living with Thesp. All the hookers murdered and skin lying around. :(

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”