NY 169: The EPIC XD Mafia Game of Greatness (Game Over)

F-16_Fighting_Falcon
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6575 (ISO) » Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:16 pm

Post by F-16_Fighting_Falcon »

I think Proph is probably scum. I looked through Proph-games and saw that he was more active as town. I saw Generic mention the lurking and I wish you hadn't because if we let him be, we could have a larger sample of evidence to develop a read from. By letting him know that you'll be looking for lurking, it makes it easier for him to change that aspect of it.

Assuming Geists die tonight, Pieguyn, Generic, and KBBQ are solidly in my townbloc and I feel that we can agree on reads as well. Other town: GM, Mara, Sakura. Casso is in no man's land. I am thinking probably 5 scum. 4 with a vig seem too little. So, 4 scum from Norl, Titus, SAD, RC, Muffin, Proph.

Still waiting for Nachyllt make-up session. Hopefully it will be entertaining.
Empire
Empire
Mafia Scum
Empire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6576 (ISO) » Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:24 pm

Post by Empire »

Day 3, Votecount 24
MafiaSSK (7)
-
RadiantCowbells, Norlkaz, Ms Marangal, Titus, Ser Arthur Dayne, Casso the King of Seals, KoreanBBQ

Titus (2)
-
goodmorning, pieguyn

Not Voting (7)
-
F-16_Fighting_Falcon, MafiaSSK, zMuffinMan, geists, Prophylaxis, Generic, Sakura Hana

With 16 alive, it takes 9 to lynch! Deadline is on January 26th at 4:30 PM EST or in (expired on 2014-01-26 17:28:18)

Mod Notes
-
N/A
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6577 (ISO) » Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:40 pm

Post by geists »

In post 6566, KoreanBBQ wrote:
In post 6446, geists wrote:
In post 6441, KoreanBBQ wrote:
In post 6327, geists wrote:
Town

MC Maraca/Ms Marangal
Good Morning
Casso the King of Seals (Nachomamma8 + Thor665)
KoreanBBQ (GuyInFreezer + Nero Cain) (stronger ffery read, lean town for Nati)

Lean Town

Generic
Sakura Hana
pieguyn

Limbo

F-16_Fighting_Falcon (ffery is lean-town, Nati is null)
Bert/Proph - More content from Proph will change this
zMuffinMan (Nati is lean-town, ffery is null)
Ser Arthur Dayne
Norkalz (Nati really doesn't like this version of llamarble. ffery is null and kinda likes that post that just popped up in p-edit)

Scum

BROseidon/Radiant Cowbells (close to null but his below-the-radar play on day 2 scares both of us. ffery is thinking really hard about xenoblade about now.
Ceph/Titus (fell from null-town in part due to argument with generic and in part due to titus entrance and subsequent horrible pushes.)
MafiaSSK - confscum
Mara/GM, Casso, KKB, Gen, Hana, pie, f-16, Proph, Muffin, SAD, Norl, RC, Titus, SSK<-that would be your list laid out.
In post 6308, KoreanBBQ wrote:Town<<<kbbq, Gen,f-16, geists, Mara/GM, Casso, Pie, muffin, Bro, proph, SAD, Norl, Titus, SSK>>>scum
Our lists seem pretty similar.

Do you think that you and Norl's reads converging makes him town?
My list isn't seriatim so the layout differences are kinda meh.

The one that jumps out to me is that you have RC/Bro more in the null range and I have them in my scumpile. Radiant Cowbells could change that, but not by disappearing.

I'm liking Norl better the last few days.
I had posted said list in our QT before I posted it here, he agreed with it so if he has anything different then he can tell you.

Our null group is more along the lines of Casso, Muffin, Pie and anyone to the right is a scumread. I'm thinking along the lines of a 4/16 game. 5/15 is plausible as well. So 3-4 scum in RC, proph, SAD, Norl, Titus.

SSK is scum and we agree that Titus needs to die before lylo. SAD hasn't done like anything today and his vote on SSK could easily be a bus. Proph was Bert and that could go either way. What did you think of 6241? Still don't really like Norl. All those "I'm sorry for getting scumread" and "Hey guys, I'm going to town it up." when I don't really feel like he has. Perhaps it being a Brian Skies slot and the fact he defended conf scum is clouding my judgment. I know this is an alt and I know he's going to play differently but the Llamarble I remember was pretty active so him being fairly lurky doesn't help my opinion. What has he posted recently that made you feel better? And like I said, RC is mainly POE (GIF may have better reasoning) though I do remember him asking me what I felt was a super strange question but you are correct that he's not off to a good start.
You have the pleasure of talking with bourbon-ffery tonight. This could be a more rare occurance than it is, but not by much.

That's the one thing that worries me about Norl, but I kinda wonder if I'm color-blind in that range. Because In the Red Wine game I kept thinking whoa when is llamarble going to solve this game?

And fact is, he did pretty much solve it, but because we differed on one key read I didn't trust his reads.

F-16's description of his approach to groupscum-hunting on the basis of one or two strong town reads makes sense to me. Once in a while a game will fall into that sort of shape for me, but usually I just go after my top scum read and then evaluate based on how that flip falls.

Other than that, I think we mostly agree except for a couple of issues.

Do you guys think Mara/goodmorning could be fakeclaiming and scum? Because that's the only reason I can think of to not have them at the top of the townpile. Mara is making sense to me. GM sometimes makes sense but we're totally, totally at odds about Casso.
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6578 (ISO) » Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:44 pm

Post by geists »

^^ paragraph 4 should read "on the basis of one or two strong scum reads" instead of town reads.
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6579 (ISO) » Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:49 pm

Post by geists »

In post 6575, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:I think Proph is probably scum. I looked through Proph-games and saw that he was more active as town. I saw Generic mention the lurking and I wish you hadn't because if we let him be, we could have a larger sample of evidence to develop a read from. By letting him know that you'll be looking for lurking, it makes it easier for him to change that aspect of it.

Assuming Geists die tonight, Pieguyn, Generic, and KBBQ are solidly in my townbloc and I feel that we can agree on reads as well. Other town: GM, Mara, Sakura. Casso is in no man's land. I am thinking probably 5 scum. 4 with a vig seem too little. So, 4 scum from Norl, Titus, SAD, RC, Muffin, Proph.

Still waiting for
Nachyllt make-up session
. Hopefully it will be entertaining.
Made me laugh.

The make-up happened sometime on day 1. I don't know if the moment of reconciliation actually spawned a post, though. Maybe the one where I yelled at pieguyn for scumreading Nacho after he dismantled a wagon that he started in the first place.
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6580 (ISO) » Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:56 pm

Post by geists »

Also, F-16 why are goodmorning and mara not in your townbloc?
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6581 (ISO) » Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:08 pm

Post by F-16_Fighting_Falcon »

Townbloc = people I can bounce reads off of and agree with.
Other townies = all other people that I think are town.

Doesn't have anything to do with strength of my read.
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6582 (ISO) » Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:14 pm

Post by geists »

In post 6581, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:Townbloc = people I can bounce reads off of and agree with.
Other townies = all other people that I think are town.

Doesn't have anything to do with strength of my read.
Sweet! A point of correspondence!

Now I'm going to get paranoid as fuck because I've posted exactly that concept somewhere, somewhen.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #6583 (ISO) » Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:32 pm

Post by RadiantCowbells »

Can we lynch the claimed scum now?
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6584 (ISO) » Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:57 pm

Post by geists »

In post 6583, RadiantCowbells wrote:Can we lynch the claimed scum now?
Always the best from RadiantCowbells.

Varsoon, can you lend me your gun?
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6585 (ISO) » Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:45 am

Post by Generic »

In post 6575, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:I think Proph is probably scum. I looked through Proph-games and saw that he was more active as town. I saw Generic mention the lurking and I wish you hadn't because if we let him be, we could have a larger sample of evidence to develop a read from. By letting him know that you'll be looking for lurking, it makes it easier for him to change that aspect of it.

Still waiting for Nachyllt make-up session. Hopefully it will be entertaining.
A couple of reasons f16, because inactivity alone would not be a good nor accurate scumtell, as he could genuinely be busy. And also I'm deliberately keeping him in focus and putting him on the spot because I know he hates being scum and therefore can be cornered into mistakes.

Right now I have a feeling which is all warm and fuzzy for the following scum team:

SSK, Titus, Proph and RC.

RC is a new addition due to the opening posts, especially given SSK has never claimed anything. He has self destructed but RC talks far too knowingly, is keen to see the day end and is not offering any other insight.

SAD and Norlkaz are in the 2nd for suspicion. Pieguyn through my listening to others steps to tier three with Casso and the muffinman. KBBQs handling of the Titus argument has me feeling a lot better about him.
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6586 (ISO) » Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:47 am

Post by Generic »

* 2nd tier (as in levels of suspicion)
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6587 (ISO) » Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:27 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

geists wrote:What about BRO's play seemed town to you?
tone and attitude. i think i touched on this earlier in the game. i might go into a bit more detail after sleep (assuming game thread is still open)
pieguy wrote:care to explain why?
tbh, i don't remember specifically why (if you had a problem with it, why not bring it up at the time?). it was partially from reading and considering things overnight. the way you approached the VCA was one of the things i liked today (the conclusion you came to re: casso being in line with my own read was just a bonus). as above, i'll go through your ISO when i wake up if you want me to be more detailed here.
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #6588 (ISO) » Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:17 am

Post by Titus »

Generic, I asked you a question in 6510 that got spammed out. I feel like you are going to scumread me solely for Cephir no matter what I do. Suppose for a moment I am town and that I would vig crumb in the same manner that Korean did (note no signed posts so it gives deniability), what would you expect me to do? Roll over and be disingenious about my read?
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6589 (ISO) » Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:30 am

Post by Generic »

In post 6510, Titus wrote:
In post 6507, Sakura Hana wrote:
In post 6506, Titus wrote:Rather than the melodrama, what about giving hard positions that are consistent with the fcts?
I already gave many stances
Casso, SAD, gm, geists, Mara are town.
You, SSK and Proph are scum.
Then, you seriously need to relook here. The scum team you are suggesting makes no plausible sense. We both came in and scumread each other immediately (well he is scum you are right on that). Would scum orchestrate a double replace bus? That doesn't make sense unless the scum team was boned. Given the mislynches and shots, that's far from the case. You are running from all signs shots and deaths point to SH scum and are trying to link m with your byddies.

Generic, it sounds like no matter what I would do, you were just going to scumread me for what Ceph did.

There wasn't a question there, merely a gripe that I may be tunnelling.

Lets have the chat though, I will stay open minded. Can you rephrase the question please, I don't understand what you are asking.

And KBBQ and hana, with the greatest respect stfu while Titus has her say to me. If you want to comment after then I will have that debate too, but for now she has requested my opinion.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #6590 (ISO) » Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:37 am

Post by Titus »

Sorry I didn't put in the form of a question. It wasn't a question in that sense but I did want a response. I wasn't scumreading you for it anyway since I figured it was drowned out.

A lot of your posting is about what Ceph did. I cannot get into his head and determine what he was thinking. Obviously, it was poor form to interrupt you as prior slots are relevant, but I feel you have said little regarding the VCA I put up on days 1 and 2 and what if anything that might have to do with my alignment.

Lastly, Kbbq has been griping about my view was he was softclaiming vig. I disagree and a couple people say no. I don't feel there reasons as persuasive. What am I supposed to do? Play dead on that point?
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Norlkaz
Norlkaz
Goon
Norlkaz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6591 (ISO) » Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:11 am

Post by Norlkaz »

Can we proceed with the lynch?
It's very hard not to ignore things that are being posted right now.
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6592 (ISO) » Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:28 am

Post by geists »

VOTE: SSK
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #6593 (ISO) » Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:28 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

In post 6591, Norlkaz wrote:Can we proceed with the lynch?
It's very hard not to ignore things that are being posted right now.
Still waiting on the ffery/Nacho talk

PEd. Well nevermind then.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6594 (ISO) » Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:29 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

So fferyasha I assume you're ok with the day ending now?
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6595 (ISO) » Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:29 am

Post by geists »

We are.
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6596 (ISO) » Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:30 am

Post by geists »

And good hunting!
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6597 (ISO) » Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:44 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

Vote: SSK

===[]
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6598 (ISO) » Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:04 am

Post by MafiaSSK »

Bye everybody!

So long and thanks for all the cheese! :D
Call me "SSK, or "ssk". Mafia is my father.
Empire
Empire
Mafia Scum
Empire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6599 (ISO) » Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:08 am

Post by Empire »

Day 3, Final Votecount
MafiaSSK (9)(LYNCH)
-
RadiantCowbells, Norlkaz, Ms Marangal, Titus, Ser Arthur Dayne, Casso the King of Seals, KoreanBBQ, geists, Sakura Hana

Titus (2)
-
goodmorning, pieguyn

Not Voting (5)
-
F-16_Fighting_Falcon, MafiaSSK, zMuffinMan, Prophylaxis, Generic

With 16 alive, it takes 9 to lynch! Deadline is on January 26th at 4:30 PM EST or in (expired on 2014-01-26 17:28:18)

Mod Notes
-
N/A

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”