NY 169: The EPIC XD Mafia Game of Greatness (Game Over)

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #6425 (ISO) » Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:50 am

Post by Titus »

In post 6424, Sakura Hana wrote:Ok, so can we get back to lynching SSK?
Never left his wagon.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Empire
Empire
Mafia Scum
Empire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6426 (ISO) » Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:57 am

Post by Empire »

Day 3, Votecount 22
MafiaSSK (6)
-
Sakura Hana, RadiantCowbells, Norlkaz, Ms Marangal, Titus, Ser Arthur Dayne

Titus (2)
-
goodmorning, pieguyn

Norlkaz (1)
-
KoreanBBQ

Not Voting (7)
-
F-16_Fighting_Falcon, MafiaSSK, zMuffinMan, geists, Prophylaxis, Casso the King of Seals, Generic

With 16 alive, it takes 9 to lynch! Deadline is on January 26th at 4:30 PM EST or in (expired on 2014-01-26 17:28:18)

Mod Notes
-
N/A
Norlkaz
Norlkaz
Goon
Norlkaz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6427 (ISO) » Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:30 pm

Post by Norlkaz »

People who are probably town:
Me
SH
F16
Geists
Mara?
GM?

IONO:
Pieguy
Generic (Haven't really looked at; slightly sketched out but can he fake his mad?)
SAD (don't remember)
Muffin
BBQ (just did round 1; inconclusive)

Probably a decent number of scum here:
Casso
Prophylaxis
Titus
COWBELL
SSK

But yeah, let's just do SSK. It will probably be easier for me to read for real when an actual choice is being made.
Ser Arthur Dayne
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6428 (ISO) » Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:38 pm

Post by Ser Arthur Dayne »

In post 6373, zMuffinMan wrote:
pieguy wrote:what do you think of the associatives between SAD and zmuffin?
regardless of
SAD's
muffin's alignment, i'm town here. so get over your boner for me, i don't swing that way, tia
vezokpiraka: If you are playing on EUNE we can duo.
chesskid3: I play on NA because i enjoy my freedom.
Ser Arthur Dayne
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6429 (ISO) » Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:41 pm

Post by Ser Arthur Dayne »

In post 6367, Generic wrote:The desire to push through the day
Yes.
In post 6367, Generic wrote:the soft defence of Titus with a qualifier that he was townreading ceph...
And yes.
In post 6367, Generic wrote:Not a fan of that post at all.
I don't see how either of the former two statements lead to this conclusion but ummm... rock on?
vezokpiraka: If you are playing on EUNE we can duo.
chesskid3: I play on NA because i enjoy my freedom.
KoreanBBQ
KoreanBBQ
Goon
KoreanBBQ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6430 (ISO) » Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:45 pm

Post by KoreanBBQ »

In post 6427, Norlkaz wrote:People who are probably town:
Me
Why are you only probably town?
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #6431 (ISO) » Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:12 pm

Post by goodmorning »

In post 6409, Titus wrote:Yeah, come on. Look at it from an outsider's perspective...

Suspect claims scum drove up wagon... suspect clears all but the tail end as scum and the weakest player is scum. Suspect claims facts inconsistent with their own theory. The suspect's wagon was skipped by the suspect's own scumread in favor of another townread. It doesn't pass the smell test. Scum didn't drive up your wagon. Town did.
This is actually not the worst case ever.

Ofc, Casso is Scum, but other than that, not horrible.

I approve of Norl's most recent readslist.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #6432 (ISO) » Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:16 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 6431, goodmorning wrote:
In post 6409, Titus wrote:Yeah, come on. Look at it from an outsider's perspective...

Suspect claims scum drove up wagon... suspect clears all but the tail end as scum and the weakest player is scum. Suspect claims facts inconsistent with their own theory. The suspect's wagon was skipped by the suspect's own scumread in favor of another townread. It doesn't pass the smell test. Scum didn't drive up your wagon. Town did.

I approve of Norl's most recent readslist.
I'm actually town so yeah, it takes me awhile to get moving but once I get moving I sound a lot smarter. Let's talk and hash some things out.

First, your post implies that there's a problem with thinking Casso is scum and that you think I like Casso as town. This is partially accurate, as I like his playing but not his votes on day 1. Care to elaborate to help me figure out which is more likely Casso?

Second, if you think Casso being is scum as horrible, why would you approve of Norl's readlist? ~confused~
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6433 (ISO) » Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:28 pm

Post by geists »

In post 6427, Norlkaz wrote:People who are probably town:
Me
SH
F16
Geists
Mara?
GM?

IONO:
Pieguy
Generic (Haven't really looked at; slightly sketched out but can he fake his mad?)
SAD (don't remember)
Muffin
BBQ (just did round 1; inconclusive)

Probably a decent number of scum here:
Casso
Prophylaxis
Titus
COWBELL
SSK

But yeah, let's just do SSK. It will probably be easier for me to read for real when an actual choice is being made.
It looks like our reads are converging.

@KBBQ do you guys have thoughts about the reads list I posted yesterday?
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6434 (ISO) » Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:35 pm

Post by pieguyn »

In post 6373, zMuffinMan wrote:regardless of SAD's alignment, i'm town here. so get over your boner for me, i don't swing that way, tia
why so defensive? I don't even have you on the table today. like at all. I'm waiting for SAD to flip before going after you bc if he somehow flips town that screws up the whole SAD-zmuffin theory (and a lot of my case on you is based on associatives to him). are you in shock that I'm not actually townreading you :wink:

in the meantime, can you explain why I moved up a tier in your townlist?
In post 6393, Sakura Hana wrote:P.Ed: My take on that is buddying, and speaking of Bert, perhaps you should check what happened during the last few pages of Day 2 with regards to voting, or ISO me and look for my case on Bert and his awful response to it.
walk me through this. first off, do you think his erratic voting is necessarily bc he's scum? if he gets lost in large games then I'd think this could be attributed to that instead

second, which posts exactly looked fake? I'm inclined to agree his interaction with you was kind of fake and/or forced, but I suck at figuring out if posts are fake or not. and if the best way to judge Bert is based off sincerity, then that should be p telling. does town Bert usually respond differently to cases on him?
Empire
Empire
Mafia Scum
Empire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6435 (ISO) » Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:38 pm

Post by Empire »

Prodding Casso the King of Seals.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6436 (ISO) » Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:41 pm

Post by pieguyn »

In post 6371, geists wrote:I have a relatively small sample of scum-Bert games, between what I've played and what I've read. None of his scum games have been exactly like the others, but the sincerity and transparency seem hard for him to fake.

Something else that has characterized his recent scum games (the ones I was in) is that I die on night 1 (or maybe my first night in the game). Now that I've said that out loud I wouldn't assume that surviving a night or two in future games indicates he's town.
do you think he'd be able to fake the way he was acting when he replaced in?

I'm basically in the same position as you. I had a town-as-fuck read on him when he came in and then it's gotten weaker and weaker bc he's not doing anything. but I still wanna call him town bc his replace in seemed town as fuck. but on the other hand what Generic said about Proph is making me hesitate a whole fking lot 0.0

and what are your thoughts on his interactions with Sakura and ATE? does he usually act like that as town?
KoreanBBQ
KoreanBBQ
Goon
KoreanBBQ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6437 (ISO) » Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:46 pm

Post by KoreanBBQ »

To be fair to Hana, these are the day 1 major wagons in FEA. (sans the wagon on scum)
PeregrineV 7 (chesskid3, Thirdkoopa, talah, ActionDan, Saki, Ellibereth, notscience)

only one team scum on this wagon

Makiavel 6 (Nero Cain, chesskid3, Ellibereth, GoodCop_BadCop, Rift Adrift, notscience)
one scum

Sakura Hana 7 (chesskid3, Ellibereth, T S O, GoodCop_BadCop, ActionDan, Nero Cain, Nat
no scum

talah 6 (BulbaFenix, Maestro, Nero Cain, Natirasha, Makiavel-slot, Sakura Hana)
one scum

This limited data suggests (and I personally have the same theory) that town are more responsible for running up a wagon than scum. I think its a totes natural town reaction to think a wagon is scum lead.

Hana is prob town unless you think she's faking the whole "I quit mafia!"/edit signature thing. I think someone called that the blacklist tell.
Do you think she is faking?
KoreanBBQ
KoreanBBQ
Goon
KoreanBBQ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6438 (ISO) » Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:48 pm

Post by KoreanBBQ »

In post 6433, geists wrote: @KBBQ do you guys have thoughts about the reads list I posted yesterday?
Why are you asking this? I'll have to iso to find it and get back to you.

We are a null read to you?
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6439 (ISO) » Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:51 pm

Post by geists »

In post 6436, pieguyn wrote:
In post 6371, geists wrote:I have a relatively small sample of scum-Bert games, between what I've played and what I've read. None of his scum games have been exactly like the others, but the sincerity and transparency seem hard for him to fake.

Something else that has characterized his recent scum games (the ones I was in) is that I die on night 1 (or maybe my first night in the game). Now that I've said that out loud I wouldn't assume that surviving a night or two in future games indicates he's town.
do you think he'd be able to fake the way he was acting when he replaced in?

I'm basically in the same position as you. I had a town-as-fuck read on him when he came in and then it's gotten weaker and weaker bc he's not doing anything. but I still wanna call him town bc his replace in seemed town as fuck. but on the other hand what Generic said about Proph is making me hesitate a whole fking lot 0.0

and what are your thoughts on his interactions with Sakura and ATE? does he usually act like that as town?
Bert and I both replaced into this newbie game: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 2#p5320762

He was scum.

My impression is that he can't fake the sincerity as scum, but he can throw enough chaos into his gameplay that you don't notice it's missing unless you're looking for it. That seemed to be true of Mala's Castle mini, which I meta'd. I described his play in that game as a burlesque of his town game.
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6440 (ISO) » Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:53 pm

Post by geists »

In post 6438, KoreanBBQ wrote:
In post 6433, geists wrote: @KBBQ do you guys have thoughts about the reads list I posted yesterday?
Why are you asking this? I'll have to iso to find it and get back to you.
Because if we disagree I want to learn why and see if I think I'm wrong or I think you're wrong.
We are a null read to you?
Nope!
KoreanBBQ
KoreanBBQ
Goon
KoreanBBQ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6441 (ISO) » Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:58 pm

Post by KoreanBBQ »

In post 6327, geists wrote:
Town

MC Maraca/Ms Marangal
Good Morning
Casso the King of Seals (Nachomamma8 + Thor665)
KoreanBBQ (GuyInFreezer + Nero Cain) (stronger ffery read, lean town for Nati)

Lean Town

Generic
Sakura Hana
pieguyn

Limbo

F-16_Fighting_Falcon (ffery is lean-town, Nati is null)
Bert/Proph - More content from Proph will change this
zMuffinMan (Nati is lean-town, ffery is null)
Ser Arthur Dayne
Norkalz (Nati really doesn't like this version of llamarble. ffery is null and kinda likes that post that just popped up in p-edit)

Scum

BROseidon/Radiant Cowbells (close to null but his below-the-radar play on day 2 scares both of us. ffery is thinking really hard about xenoblade about now.
Ceph/Titus (fell from null-town in part due to argument with generic and in part due to titus entrance and subsequent horrible pushes.)
MafiaSSK - confscum
Mara/GM, Casso, KKB, Gen, Hana, pie, f-16, Proph, Muffin, SAD, Norl, RC, Titus, SSK<-that would be your list laid out.
In post 6308, KoreanBBQ wrote:Town<<<kbbq, Gen,f-16, geists, Mara/GM, Casso, Pie, muffin, Bro, proph, SAD, Norl, Titus, SSK>>>scum
Our lists seem pretty similar.

Do you think that you and Norl's reads converging makes him town?
KoreanBBQ
KoreanBBQ
Goon
KoreanBBQ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6442 (ISO) » Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:59 pm

Post by KoreanBBQ »

Also I'm going to watch part 3 of Klondike so we can disscuss more later.
KoreanBBQ
KoreanBBQ
Goon
KoreanBBQ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6443 (ISO) » Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:59 pm

Post by KoreanBBQ »

Also I'm going to watch part 3 of Klondike so we can disscuss more later.
KoreanBBQ
KoreanBBQ
Goon
KoreanBBQ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6444 (ISO) » Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:02 pm

Post by KoreanBBQ »

I like that icecream.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #6445 (ISO) » Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:13 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 6437, KoreanBBQ wrote:

To be fair to Hana, these are the day 1 major wagons in FEA. (sans the wagon on scum)
PeregrineV 7 (chesskid3, Thirdkoopa, talah, ActionDan, Saki, Ellibereth, notscience)

only one team scum on this wagon

Makiavel 6 (Nero Cain, chesskid3, Ellibereth, GoodCop_BadCop, Rift Adrift, notscience)
one scum

Sakura Hana 7 (chesskid3, Ellibereth, T S O, GoodCop_BadCop, ActionDan, Nero Cain, Nat
no scum

talah 6 (BulbaFenix, Maestro, Nero Cain, Natirasha, Makiavel-slot, Sakura Hana)
one scum

This limited data suggests (and I personally have the same theory) that town are more responsible for running up a wagon than scum. I think its a totes natural town reaction to think a wagon is scum lead.

Hana is prob town unless you think she's faking the whole "I quit mafia!"/edit signature thing. I think someone called that the blacklist tell.
Do you think she is faking?
If someone is aware of a tell, you have to be considering the possibility of a fake.

I LOVE fucking with tells as scum. It was my main drive in Fire and Ice.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6446 (ISO) » Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:39 pm

Post by geists »

In post 6441, KoreanBBQ wrote:
In post 6327, geists wrote:
Town

MC Maraca/Ms Marangal
Good Morning
Casso the King of Seals (Nachomamma8 + Thor665)
KoreanBBQ (GuyInFreezer + Nero Cain) (stronger ffery read, lean town for Nati)

Lean Town

Generic
Sakura Hana
pieguyn

Limbo

F-16_Fighting_Falcon (ffery is lean-town, Nati is null)
Bert/Proph - More content from Proph will change this
zMuffinMan (Nati is lean-town, ffery is null)
Ser Arthur Dayne
Norkalz (Nati really doesn't like this version of llamarble. ffery is null and kinda likes that post that just popped up in p-edit)

Scum

BROseidon/Radiant Cowbells (close to null but his below-the-radar play on day 2 scares both of us. ffery is thinking really hard about xenoblade about now.
Ceph/Titus (fell from null-town in part due to argument with generic and in part due to titus entrance and subsequent horrible pushes.)
MafiaSSK - confscum
Mara/GM, Casso, KKB, Gen, Hana, pie, f-16, Proph, Muffin, SAD, Norl, RC, Titus, SSK<-that would be your list laid out.
In post 6308, KoreanBBQ wrote:Town<<<kbbq, Gen,f-16, geists, Mara/GM, Casso, Pie, muffin, Bro, proph, SAD, Norl, Titus, SSK>>>scum
Our lists seem pretty similar.

Do you think that you and Norl's reads converging makes him town?
My list isn't seriatim so the layout differences are kinda meh.

The one that jumps out to me is that you have RC/Bro more in the null range and I have them in my scumpile. Radiant Cowbells could change that, but not by disappearing.

I'm liking Norl better the last few days.
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #6447 (ISO) » Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:45 pm

Post by goodmorning »

In post 6432, Titus wrote:
In post 6431, goodmorning wrote:

I'm actually town so yeah, it takes me awhile to get moving but once I get moving I sound a lot smarter. Let's talk and hash some things out.

First, your post implies that there's a problem with thinking Casso is scum and that you think I like Casso as town. This is partially accurate, as I like his playing but not his votes on day 1. Care to elaborate to help me figure out which is more likely Casso?

Second, if you think Casso being is scum as horrible, why would you approve of Norl's readlist? ~confused~
I'm saying you eliminated Casso for case purposes as Sakura townreads them, and that they're obviously Scum but that doesn't change the fact that's not a horrible case to make.

Mara and to some extent ffery disagree with me, so I'm going back over them tonight and will post what I come up with in QT just in case I die.

I'm not going over them today because I'm too lazy.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6448 (ISO) » Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:53 pm

Post by pieguyn »

In post 6439, geists wrote:Bert and I both replaced into this newbie game: viewtopic.php?p=5320762#p5320762

He was scum.

My impression is that he can't fake the sincerity as scum, but he can throw enough chaos into his gameplay that you don't notice it's missing unless you're looking for it. That seemed to be true of Mala's Castle mini, which I meta'd. I described his play in that game as a burlesque of his town game.

talk to me about this chaos. his opening seemed really chaotic and p much no one had any idea what the hell he was doing, so do you think that's what's he was doing here?

I'm really undecided bc I think his town game is chaotic too and there were some parts that looked really sincere like and . what do you think?

actually looking through Bert's ISO I'm relatively certain he's town. if he's scum I'll feel outright trolled
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6449 (ISO) » Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:41 pm

Post by geists »

In post 6448, pieguyn wrote:
In post 6439, geists wrote:Bert and I both replaced into this newbie game: viewtopic.php?p=5320762#p5320762

He was scum.

talk to me about this chaos. his opening seemed really chaotic and p much no one had any idea what the hell he was doing, so do you think that's what's he was doing here?

I'm really undecided bc I think his town game is chaotic too and there were some parts that looked really sincere like and . what do you think?

actually looking through Bert's ISO I'm relatively certain he's town. if he's scum I'll feel outright trolled
Yes, he's chaotic as town, too. I didn't mean to imply chaotic means scummy.

I'll look at his ISO again, but after the Red Wine game I'm not likely to give a replacement a free town card on the basis of their predecessor. The replacement will have to town it up also.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”