NY 169: The EPIC XD Mafia Game of Greatness (Game Over)

MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5575 (ISO) » Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:47 am

Post by MafiaSSK »

FiVE FuN FACTS

1. The reason why Swiss cheese has holes is because the cheese curds fart when they're still babies.
2. The oldest cheese EVAR was found in Egypt said to be around FOUR THOUSAND years old.
3. When anyone calls someone like Natirasha, THE BIG CHEESE, it's supposed to mean that they're wealthy enough to buy A WHOLE WHEEL of cheese.
4. You know that BIG WHEEL OF CHEESE I posted earlier? Well, apparently the volume of milk it would take to make it would be 10X BIGGER.
5. The first cheese factory, much like a famous meth maker, was started by a Jesse, in Rome, New York in 1851.

CHEESE FACTS OUT.
Call me "SSK, or "ssk". Mafia is my father.
KoreanBBQ
KoreanBBQ
Goon
KoreanBBQ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5576 (ISO) » Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:53 am

Post by KoreanBBQ »

In post 5567, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:I am surprised more people aren't commenting on SAD's wierd defense of SSK considering we now know for sure that SSK is scum.
Why are you so fixated on SAD's defense but Norl's isn't a big deal?

Why do ya'll think SSK decided to give himself up today?
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5577 (ISO) » Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:57 am

Post by F-16_Fighting_Falcon »

In post 5574, zMuffinMan wrote:i don't see it. it's possible but it seems convoluted from SAD to defend him that hard only to eventually vote him and have him claim doc. it looked more like SAD was fighting against what he thought was a policy lynch that garnered no information if mafiassk was town. your argument there is essentially "he didn't want to lynch someone we now know is scum."

"meh," is all i have to say about that
I wouldn't have cared if he defended scum using good reasoning. The one he provided was incredibly shaky. I agree that it is convoluted but I don't think it makes sense from a town POV but I could see him as scum giving in to the pressure. I find his "so what will you do if he flips scum" to be troubling because it is ignoring the fact that a scum lynch by itself is cause for celebration.
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #5578 (ISO) » Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:58 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

In post 5570, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:I don't this is true. Can you substantiate it.
If you refer to marketplace, Natirasha (The other head of the Harakiri hydra, and coincidentially the other head of geists) can tell you all about my apathetic feelings with that game in our hydra QT. If not then tell me what you're refering to.
In post 5570, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:Also, when confronted by evidence that ffery doesn't do trajectory analysis always as town, you qualify that statement saying now that she does it in solo games. So, why were you scumreading her in thisgame where she isn't playing solo?
Back then the only other hydra of ffery i had played with was MTC, who always rolled scum for a long while, on AA I was scum and I already knew her alignment, and you could ask Cabd that I really thought one of the factors of ffery scum was that she didnt use trajectory analysis on that one newbie game when he asked me who i thought the scum was when i was NK'd.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5579 (ISO) » Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:59 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

Oh yeah also
Vote: SSK

FoS: Bert
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5580 (ISO) » Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:01 am

In post 5576, KoreanBBQ wrote:
In post 5567, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:I am surprised more people aren't commenting on SAD's wierd defense of SSK considering we now know for sure that SSK is scum.
Why are you so fixated on SAD's defense but Norl's isn't a big deal?

Why do ya'll think SSK decided to give himself up today?
I explained in detail why SAD's defense was scummy. I hadn't gotten to sorting Norl yet but I don't find his defense as scummy because he was defending a townread. I am null on him. SAD's was far more unnatural. Explain to me why you think Norlkaz's defense is scummy. I only saw you state that it was in post .
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5581 (ISO) » Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:10 am

In post 5578, Sakura Hana wrote:If not then tell me what you're refering to.
I was asking you to substantiate your statement that as far as you knew ffery had done trajectory analysis almost every solo game except on that one game where she was actually scum.
In post 5578, Sakura Hana wrote:Back then the only other hydra of ffery i had played with was MTC, who always rolled scum for a long while, on AA I was scum and I already knew her alignment, and you could ask Cabd that I really thought one of the factors of ffery scum was that she didnt use trajectory analysis on that one newbie game when he asked me who i thought the scum was when i was NK'd.
This really doesn't answer my question. Firstly, you are saying that ffery does trajectory analysis in all of her solo town games (implying that she doesn't do it in her town games as a hydra). She is in a hydra now so why were you scumreading her based off lack of trajectory analysis?

Secondly, I buy that during the Newbie game, you genuinely believed that you caught ffery on a scumtell of not providing trajectory analysis. But AA hapenned after the Newbie game. Did this alter your perception and make you update your meta tells? If not, why not? If so, why the scumread here? I see that you pointed out that you were scum in AA. Why would this stop you from updating the meta-tells you have?
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5582 (ISO) » Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:17 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

In post 5581, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:Secondly, I buy that during the Newbie game, you genuinely believed that you caught ffery on a scumtell of not providing trajectory analysis. But AA hapenned after the Newbie game. Did this alter your perception and make you update your meta tells? If not, why not? If so, why the scumread here? I see that you pointed out that you were scum in AA. Why would this stop you from updating the meta-tells you have?
Because as I said, I made a mistake in thinking that's a tell, I was going entirely off that newbie game that i didnt bother to check anything else.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5583 (ISO) » Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:19 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

In post 5581, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:I was asking you to substantiate your statement that as far as you knew ffery had done trajectory analysis almost every solo game except on that one game where she was actually scum.
There was this one game where she said that it's how she scumhunts but she always got scumread for keeping it to herself, or something like that.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5584 (ISO) » Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:31 am

Post by MafiaSSK »

This is a story about
S
teak
S
auce
K
irby (as in MafiaSSK)
Spoiler: SSK
. Now, SSK really liked cheese. So one day he found some cheese on the other side of a
Spoiler: picture.
And so he walked along to the center of the picture, until he ran into an
Spoiler: obstacle.
. It freaked SSK out. It was all big and scary and two headed. And of course when SSK got scared, he'd turn into
Spoiler: cheese
. And so he ate himself.

THE END.
Call me "SSK, or "ssk". Mafia is my father.
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5585 (ISO) » Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:44 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

wrt Bert, not only does his voting pattern this game look awkward but he's seen me AtE plenty of times before and he's always treated it like a super town tell, it's normally I who end up saying that I'd totally do it as scum and have to discredit it at least to a null tell due to me being unable to control my emotions regardless. In this game it seems i haven't had to do that since both Bert and ffery seem intent on trying to discredit, which makes me happy that people arent taking me as town for granted, but worries me because Bert never did that before, Cabd did it once as scum on We the purple and i dont recall if ffery did it or not but they are currently conftown, so it adds to my paranoia.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Bert
Bert
Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra
Bert

Post Post #5586 (ISO) » Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:10 am

Post by Bert »

Well, Sakura, you went AtE in AA and flipped scum.
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5587 (ISO) » Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:11 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

In post 5586, Bert wrote:Well, Sakura, you went AtE in AA and flipped scum.
And what do you think of F16's analisis of my AtE here and there?
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5588 (ISO) » Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:49 am

Post by geists »

In post 5584, MafiaSSK wrote:This is a story about
S
teak
S
auce
K
irby (as in MafiaSSK)
Spoiler: SSK
. Now, SSK really liked cheese. So one day he found some cheese on the other side of a
Spoiler: picture.
And so he walked along to the center of the picture, until he ran into an
Spoiler: obstacle.
. It freaked SSK out. It was all big and scary and two headed. And of course when SSK got scared, he'd turn into
Spoiler: cheese
. And so he ate himself.

THE END.
Oh god I remember googling SteakSauceKirby when you told me that's what it meant, but I never saw that picture.

It's terrifying.
MC Maraca
MC Maraca
Mafia Scum
MC Maraca
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5589 (ISO) » Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:01 pm

Post by MC Maraca »

In post 5536, Casso the King of Seals wrote:
In post 5529, MC Maraca wrote:Ffery. There was a good case on casso made by GM, and I for one am quite trusting it, and as for mara, well, SHE made that vote, not me.
Vote: MC Maraca

Call this vote on you symbolic because the GM case on me is shit and everyone knows it.
You know that we're town, and that vote isn't gonna do anything. You also know that I've been defending you, so me placing that vote didn't just come from no where. If you're town, instead of OMGUS'ing and attempting to flail, it'll probably be more conductive if you gave my hydra partner and my mason partner a reason to read you as town
Cabd: "hell, mc maraca is a two lady hydra of justice"
Empire
Empire
Mafia Scum
Empire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5590 (ISO) » Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:11 pm

Post by Empire »

Day 3, Votecount 4
MafiaSSK (4)
-
Generic, Bert, pieguyn, Sakura Hana

MC Maraca (1)
-
Casso the King of Seals

Casso the King of Seals (1)
-
MC Maraca

Bert (1)
-
Ser Arthur Dayne

Not Voting (9)
-
F-16_Fighting_Falcon, MafiaSSK, BROseidon, Norlkaz, goodmorning, zMuffinMan, Cephrir, KoreanBBQ, geists

With 16 alive, it takes 9 to lynch! Deadline is on January 26th at 4:30 PM EST or in (expired on 2014-01-26 17:28:18)

Mod Notes
-
N/A
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #5591 (ISO) » Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:13 pm

Post by BROseidon »

VOTE: SSK
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #5592 (ISO) » Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:37 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 5589, MC Maraca wrote:
In post 5536, Casso the King of Seals wrote:
In post 5529, MC Maraca wrote:Ffery. There was a good case on casso made by GM, and I for one am quite trusting it, and as for mara, well, SHE made that vote, not me.
Vote: MC Maraca

Call this vote on you symbolic because the GM case on me is shit and everyone knows it.
You know that we're town, and that vote isn't gonna do anything. You also know that I've been defending you, so me placing that vote didn't just come from no where. If you're town, instead of OMGUS'ing and attempting to flail, it'll probably be more conductive if you gave my hydra partner and my mason partner a reason to read you as town
Has he not already given you 499 reasons
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5593 (ISO) » Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:53 pm

So, I've been thinking about this and re-evaluating my thoughts. Why not lynch a different player than SSK today? SSK as scum is harmless to us since we already lost the vig. I doubt it makes much difference whether we lynch him now or later. The key reason I feel this way is that as time goes on the skill of the town deteriorates as the competent townies get killed. We should lynch the best scum (the ones capable of talking themselves of out trouble) while the competent townies are still alive. That way, we ensure they don't come up with a crazy way to wiggle their way out of lynches later on. On the other hand, SSK can be lynched anytime. I found it interesting he didn't claim to be roleblocked or anything but scumclaimed right away. Anyone can lynch him anytime. It is a foregone conclusion. On the other hand, the best scum players are usually only lynched when the best townies are still alive and they are far more of a threat. ffery, what are your thoughts about this? Also, Sakura's responses were meh. I didn't really find anything that made me go "well, that explains everything." It is still a matter of weighing whether she genuinely believed in that tell enough to outweigh her ignoring it in two other games.
Bert
Bert
Bert

Post Post #5594 (ISO) » Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:00 pm

Post by Bert »

I've been trying to suggest pushing someone not named SSK, since SSK flip gives us no info, but it went nowhere
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5595 (ISO) » Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:01 pm

I meant lynch a potentially dangerous scum player, not lynch yourself.
Ser Arthur Dayne
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5596 (ISO) » Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:17 pm

Post by Ser Arthur Dayne »

In post 5594, Bert wrote:I've been trying to suggest pushing someone not named SSK, since SSK flip gives us no info, but it went nowhere
lol
vezokpiraka: If you are playing on EUNE we can duo.
chesskid3: I play on NA because i enjoy my freedom.
Ser Arthur Dayne
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5597 (ISO) » Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:18 pm

In post 5595, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:I meant lynch a potentially dangerous scum player, not lynch yourself.
Well tbf he is a scum player, not sure how dangerous his scumplay usually is but not many people are suspecting him this game so obviously at least a bit.
Ser Arthur Dayne
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5598 (ISO) » Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:20 pm

pbpa sucks cmon F-16.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #5599 (ISO) » Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:37 pm

Post by Cephrir »

No. We are lynching SSK today. If we have any remaining investigative roles we give them a night; SSK could be a scum PR; narrows the field for tomorrow though this one is probably not relevant. I see no compelling reason to do anything else.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”