NY 169: The EPIC XD Mafia Game of Greatness (Game Over)

zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5525 (ISO) » Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:19 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

geists wrote:"doesn't preclude the possibility" does not equal "scum".

You're not making a case. You're yelling I'M RIGHT LYNCH HIM.

Plz come up with something more convincing than this
if goodmorning came up with a case on casso, would it convince you? because other people have brought up points against casso and you've shrugged them off saying you still think he's town for reasons you can't really (or don't want to) explain

do you think domo was just way off base in all the points he brought up about casso?
pieguy wrote:I'm working on VCA atm and I'm really not sure if it makes sense for casso to be scum here
if you think nacho isn't capable of manipulating this sort of thing, you're sadly mistaken
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #5526 (ISO) » Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:34 pm

Post by goodmorning »

<insert obligatory comment about VCA IS STUPID here>
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5527 (ISO) » Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:38 pm

Post by pieguyn »

In post 5525, zMuffinMan wrote:if you think nacho isn't capable of manipulating this sort of thing, you're sadly mistaken
says the guy who had to do damage control on the VCA I did in imperishable night
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5528 (ISO) » Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:49 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

:>

but even in imperishable night there was VCA manipulation from nacho (and BRO; see mafiassk wagon there, for example), so yeah
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
MC Maraca
MC Maraca
Mafia Scum
MC Maraca
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5529 (ISO) » Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:49 pm

Post by MC Maraca »

Ffery. There was a good case on casso made by GM, and I for one am quite trusting it, and as for mara, well, SHE made that vote, not me.
Cabd: "hell, mc maraca is a two lady hydra of justice"
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5530 (ISO) » Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:51 pm

Post by geists »

In post 5524, MC Maraca wrote:Hi

V/laish for a week

I'll let C do the steering for now, I guess

VOTE:casso
So you think we should leave SSK for later?

In post 5525, zMuffinMan wrote:
geists wrote:"doesn't preclude the possibility" does not equal "scum".

You're not making a case. You're yelling I'M RIGHT LYNCH HIM.

Plz come up with something more convincing than this
if goodmorning came up with a case on casso, would it convince you? because other people have brought up points against casso and you've shrugged them off saying you still think he's town for reasons you can't really (or don't want to) explain
That's an interesting characterization of my stance.
do you think domo was just way off base in all the points he brought up about casso?
He made points about a lot of players.

I thought his VCA of the casso and SSK wagons without flips was pretty strange. I agreed with some of his reads.

I dunno. I don't think I'm beyond reason here. I also don't think I'll be around all that much longer, and my stance won't matter so much after that, unfortunately.
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5531 (ISO) » Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:53 pm

Post by geists »

In post 5529, MC Maraca wrote:Ffery. There was a good case on casso made by GM, and I for one am quite trusting it, and as for mara, well, SHE made that vote, not me.
And you're thinking that we should lynch casso rather than SSK today?
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5532 (ISO) » Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:54 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

geists wrote:That's an interesting characterization of my stance
i'm going off what i remember

correct me if i'm wrong
MC Maraca
MC Maraca
Mafia Scum
MC Maraca
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5533 (ISO) » Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:55 pm

Post by MC Maraca »

In post 5531, geists wrote:
In post 5529, MC Maraca wrote:Ffery. There was a good case on casso made by GM, and I for one am quite trusting it, and as for mara, well, SHE made that vote, not me.
And you're thinking that we should lynch casso rather than SSK today?
No, but the vote on them is symbolic. We're obviously still lynching the confirmed scum today. It being on casso or being in "not voting" makes no large issue.
Cabd: "hell, mc maraca is a two lady hydra of justice"
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5534 (ISO) » Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:29 pm

Post by pieguyn »

ok here's what I have so far. it's a big wall of text but I highly suggest you read it cause it seems p telling
Spoiler: TEXTWALL
I'm assuming MC and goodmorning are town, as well as geists bc gunsmith clear

Ser Arthur Dayne (6) - Casso the King of Seals, Bert,
Desperado
, Cephrir,
DOMO
pieguyn

pieguyn
(1) - Norlkaz
Cephrir (1) - Ser Arthur Dayne
Bert (1) - KoreanBBQ
Desperado
(1) - Sakura Hana

Not Voting (8) -
geists
MC Maraca
, F-16_Fighting_Falcon,
MafiaSSK
, zMuffinMan, Generic,
goodmorning
, BROseidon

-------------------------

MafiaSSK
(8) - zMuffinMan,
geists
Desperado
, Casso the King of Seals, Sakura Hana, Bert, Generic, Cephrir
Casso the King of Seals (3) -
goodmorning
DOMO
, Norlkaz
Bert (2) - KoreanBBQ, Ser Arthur Dayne
Desperado
(1) -
MC Maraca

Ser Arthur Dayne (1) -
pieguyn

Cephrir (1) - F-16_Fighting_Falcon

Not Voting (2) -
MafiaSSK
, BROseidon

Casso the King of Seals (7) -
goodmorning
, Norlkaz, BROseidon, Generic, zMuffinMan,
geists
Desperado

Desperado
(3) -
MC Maraca
, Casso the King of Seals, Sakura Hana
Ser Arthur Dayne (3) -
pieguyn
, Cephrir, Bert
Bert (2) - KoreanBBQ, Ser Arthur Dayne
Cephrir (1) - F-16_Fighting_Falcon

Not Voting (2) -
MafiaSSK
DOMO

Desperado
(8) -
MC Maraca
, Casso the King of Seals, Sakura Hana, Generic,
geists
, Cephrir, Bert, Ser Arthur Dayne
Casso the King of Seals (5) -
goodmorning
, BROseidon, zMuffinMan,
Desperado
DOMO

Cephrir (2) - F-16_Fighting_Falcon, Norlkaz
Bert (1) - KoreanBBQ
Ser Arthur Dayne (1) -
pieguyn

Not Voting (1) -
MafiaSSK

Desperado
(10)(LYNCH) -
MC Maraca
, Casso the King of Seals, Sakura Hana, Generic, Cephrir, Ser Arthur Dayne,
geists
, KoreanBBQ,
pieguyn
, Bert
Casso the King of Seals (4) -
goodmorning
, BROseidon, zMuffinMan,
Desperado

Cephrir (3) - F-16_Fighting_Falcon, Norlkaz,
DOMO

Bert (1) -
MafiaSSK

Not Voting (0) - N/A

first off
EVERYONE: who do you think bussed SSK?

if we intersect that SSK wagon with the SSK deadline wagon at D1 we get {Casso, Sakura, Bert}. I'm calling Sakura town bc fuck it, and I'm hoping Bert is town. just hoping, not entirely sure, but oh fking well. leaving just Casso. looking through his ISO there's really not much interaction with Casso, just a small amount of questioning that doesn't really go much of anywhere (although that may be typical for SSK). now let's go back and look at D1

MafiaSSK (7) - Casso the King of Seals, Sakura Hana, KoreanBBQ, Bert, MC Maraca, Ser Arthur Dayne, pieguyn
Sakura Hana (3) - Tammy, DOMO, Desperado
Casso the King of Seals (3) - zMuffinMan, goodmorning, Generic
Stuffed Crust (1) - Cephrir
F-16_Fighting_Falcon (1) - BROseidon
goodmorning (1) - Norlkaz

Not Voting (4) - MafiaSSK, F-16_Fighting_Falcon, Stuffed Crust, geists

then there's this
In post 3730, MafiaSSK wrote:But I mean, let's check out the reasons why everyone are voting for me, because I think we'll all find that they're all made up
In post 3701, Empire wrote:
Day 1, Votecount 71
MafiaSSK (7)
-
Casso the King of Seals
In post 3581, Casso the King of Seals wrote:
In post 3578, Bert wrote:Pick someone else to take down.

I don't know who there will be enough votes on (potentially) to make this work and avoid a NL.

You don't like the SC or Falcon wagon, so who else would you compromise on that's actually likely to go well with your other townreads?
VOTE: Mafia SSK

I feel guilty as hell doing it, but.
Gives no reason for the vote. Neither before or after. Just keeps lumping me in with scum for really, no good reason.
Day 1, Votecount 71
MafiaSSK (7)
-
Sakura Hana,
In post 3582, Sakura Hana wrote:I guess so
Unvote
Vote: SSK
Woo. Look at this, another baseless vote. And you know, I thought Sakura was being obvtown, but this was just a weird vote for her.
Day 1, Votecount 71
MafiaSSK (7)
-
KoreanBBQ
In post 3580, KoreanBBQ wrote:Does anyone townread mafiassk?
We can flashlynch that.
In post 3583, KoreanBBQ wrote:VOTE: SSK
I've been scumreading KoreanBBQ for a while now, but come one! A flashlynch? How could you get more scummy? You know what? It is scummy and bullshit.
So
VOTE: KoreanBBQ
Day 1, Votecount 71
MafiaSSK (7)
-
Bert
In post 3586, Bert wrote:
Vote: MafiaSSK
In post 3693, Bert wrote:I'm just voting him because Nacho is

Yeah.
Yeah. Bert pretty much always screws up my radar but this is one of the worst votes. Blatantly admits to sheeping Nacho. Buddying, sheeping, whatever you want to call it, it's not a real vote. Bert is voting off of how good Nacho is when Nacho/Thor didn't even put up a reason themselves. Bert is looking for easy votes. Ugh.
Day 1, Votecount 71
MafiaSSK (7)
-
MC Maraca
In post 3620, MC Maraca wrote:
In post 3605, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:Like literally there is no way to analyze anything of his wagon no matter the flip when he's lynched in half a day.
Bert somehow managed to coast, and still be called town in the most recent white flag, though.

VOTE: MafiaSSK
Oh come on Cabd, I expect more from you.
A. I go from null to scum in less than post.
B. You don't even give a reason for the vote!
Come on now people, my wagon is freaking meaningless!

But I digress.
Day 1, Votecount 71
MafiaSSK (7)
-
Ser Arthur Dayne
In post 3653, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:I'll be out the whole day tomorrow, and
might
check in before the deadline on the 26th, but in case I don't.

Unvote
Vote: MafiaSSK

Feel free to call this bussing if he flips town. That's likely to be the only piece of information you'll get from the wagon *shrug*
Yeah? You see how bad this vote is too? This just keeps happening.

But alas, there's one more vote to analyze. Let's see here
Day 1, Votecount 71
MafiaSSK (7)
-
pieguyn
In post 3685, pieguyn wrote:holy crap my miss
sry, I don't have enough time/energy atm to follow what's going on >_<//I basically just saw "sakura wagon -> L-1 -> massive AtE/outburst/w.e happened -> it got disbanded -> SSK wagon" 0.0

how many votes are on SSK?
In post 3687, pieguyn wrote:ok thx
vote: SSK
Nope. More sheeping.

So that's it folks, all seven votes, all completely reasonless. If you go and advance this lynch more, just know that. No one knows why they're voting me. They just want to.
now this one is interesting bc he votes BBQ. however, from what I can tell, there's nothing in his ISO indicating he has a townread on casso and casso is a bigger wagon. and in fact he was pissed off that casso was following Nati as indicated by this
In post 1038, MafiaSSK wrote:
In post 1018, Casso the King of Seals wrote:
In post 1014, geists wrote:How do you feel about SSK?
He seems like a good choice for common ground. Does Nati have a read on him yet?
I don't like the vagueness of this post. It feels like they're just ready to sheep Nat. I know that Nat and I have played together a while, but form your own opinions and have your own ground.
In post 1019, geists wrote:We haven't had a chance to talk about the game since SSK started to worry me.
Ffery, what am I doing that is worrying you?

Pedit: Cephrir, stop.
so why BBQ over casso here? is it bc your scumread on BBQ is so strong that you wanna start an entirely new wagon, despite making a deal over casso's sheeping of Nat earlier, when it's this close to deadline? or is it bc you don't wanna risk lynching your scumbuddy who'd a p good scumplayer

hint: it's bc you don't wanna risk lynching your scumbuddy who'd a p good scumplayer

so yeah Casso is scum. also here's the question again for clarity/convenience
EVERYONE: who do you think bussed SSK?

I might do more later but I dunno how much I can really get out o this. VCA is way harder in large games > <//
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5535 (ISO) » Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:30 pm

Post by pieguyn »

oh also the wagons on casso seem p town driven (Generic is town as fuck and I'm thinking zmuffin is town although I dunno how many agree with me on that). so the idea that scum wouldn't bus casso as a counterwagon to SSK is invalid, given the wagons were town driven
Casso the King of Seals
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5536 (ISO) » Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:25 pm

Post by Casso the King of Seals »

Vote: MC Maraca

Call this vote on you symbolic because the GM case on me is shit and everyone knows it.
Casso the King of Seals
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5537 (ISO) » Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:31 pm

In post 5521, pieguyn wrote:

@Casso:
where's Thor?

I don't remember seeing any Thor posts D2. this reminds me of marketplace how both Faraday and Empire disappeared without any warning at all and they were both scum. both times I've seen this happen the slot ended up being scum and I don't see any specific reason why half of a town slot would disappear and not explain why

about flashlynching SSK I think it's possible casso-scum wanted to lead a lynch on his partner so no one would get paranoid of him. but then the problem is why would SSK even claim doctor in the first place. but then I guess it might set off a red flag if SSK flips scumdoc and didn't claim doc or anything like that? I'd guess a scumdoc wouldn't just claim vanilla
Thor is around. I've taken full control of posting because it was closer to how Thor wanted this hydra to function and I've had time to do it.
Casso the King of Seals
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5538 (ISO) » Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:32 pm

Pie, I will also point out that SSK joined 1 major wagon (stuffed crust near deadline). His reaction to every other wagon has been "why is this wagon happening? I don't like it.". I don't know how you have a townread on Muffin.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5539 (ISO) » Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:35 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

because i'm town
Casso the King of Seals
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5540 (ISO) » Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:49 pm

I was thinking about Cephrir's move on my walk today. It would be a hell of a scum move because the emotional manipulation is pretty fucking potent; when I read that post, I broke out in a massive smile and wanted to give Cephrir a big hug because he was a wonderful person. I know that there's a belief that good scum players can do anything, but it's the type of thing that I want to say feels too good to be coming from scum even though that lacks any sort of logic at all.
Casso the King of Seals
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5541 (ISO) » Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:57 pm

Sakura's funny because I have next to no experience with her scumgame and yeah perhaps she can fake the fatalism and the frustration and all of that but really how fast do people's scumgames evolve? Ffery still struggles with faking the conviction part of her meta as scum even though she's played longer than I have, Tammy didn't call herself obvtown as mafia until Chosen, mollie is still transparent as hell...

We can drive ourselves crazy going "is this the one? is this the one?", but we all know this isn't the one.
KoreanBBQ
KoreanBBQ
Goon
KoreanBBQ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5542 (ISO) » Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:00 am

Post by KoreanBBQ »

I have. Scumsakura can't fake frustration as much.
KoreanBBQ
KoreanBBQ
Goon
KoreanBBQ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5543 (ISO) » Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:03 am

Post by KoreanBBQ »

Well, about the fatalism part she can do that as scum but the reason for it is obv
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5544 (ISO) » Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:28 am

Post by Generic »

In post 5479, Casso the King of Seals wrote:
In post 5416, Generic wrote:Oh I see, PoE
This was reasonable to you?
I haven't decided yet what SADs tactics are and with SSK trolling the thread, bert AtE posting and the reading back I'm doing I was putting that one in the 'for later scrutiny' category.
I also began to pick at it by questioning why pie is obvtown to him, and this was before I got to cephrir. So I didn't accept it as it was no, I just merely wasn't ready for tearing deeper into it.

BROs response was also interesting because he seemed to just shrug it off. As you elude to the reason to being rather flimsy and heavily reliant on other factors he seemed less concerned than me.
Casso the King of Seals
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5545 (ISO) » Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:42 am

Sometimes I don't quite understand what you're saying but don't want to ask you to clarify because you're town as shit and I don't want to clutter up the thread.

This wasn't a specific case of that, but I just thought you should know so I can get it off my chest.
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5546 (ISO) » Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:21 am

Post by MafiaSSK »

In post 5521, pieguyn wrote:

@Casso:
where's Thor?

I don't remember seeing any Thor posts D2. this reminds me of marketplace how both Faraday and Empire disappeared without any warning at all and they were both scum. both times I've seen this happen the slot ended up being scum and I don't see any specific reason why half of a town slot would disappear and not explain why

about flashlynching SSK I think it's possible casso-scum wanted to lead a lynch on his partner so no one would get paranoid of him. but then the problem is why would SSK even claim doctor in the first place. but then I guess it might set off a red flag if SSK flips scumdoc and didn't claim doc or anything like that? I'd guess a scumdoc wouldn't just claim vanilla
IT'S STORY TIME.

This one is from the interesting, Percy Jackson and the Olympians fic, "Epic Title Here":

"Hey, Leeodammer!" Piperjack called, poking her head into Bunker 9, "Where are you?"
"I'm up here, give me a sec", I yelled as I tightened a screw on one of the new catwalks I was installing. I climbed down the main ladder and ran to the doors, carefully making my way around the other project I was working on. I wasn't entirely sure what it was supposed to do yet, I was kind of just messing around, but I could tell I almost had it figured
out.
"What's up?" I asked as I made it to where Piperjack was standing. "New Camembert", she said, "We want her to meet all the Head Counsellors, I'll explain more on the way. Let's go!"
"Wait, like, now?" I complained, "I'm kind of busy right now!" Piperjack smiled and grabbed my arm. "Not anymore!
As we came out of the woods, Piperjack started dragging me over to where Applewoodabeth stood in the middle of the cabin area next to a young girl. I remembered what Piperjack had told me
about her. She had run away from a boarding school in New Orleans, and somehow made her way to New York. She had grown up in Canada, but sent to multiple boarding
schools far away from the small town that she lived in, getting kicked out or running away from the small town that she lived in, getting kicked out or running away from a total of 17 different schools in 7 years. No idea who her parent might be, No idea how old she was, and Piperjack didn't know what her name was. This girl sounded interesting.
Call me "SSK, or "ssk". Mafia is my father.
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5547 (ISO) » Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:26 am

Post by MafiaSSK »

Anddddd everyone here has been subscribed to CHEESE FACTS. For every 5 posts here, I'll post a mildly interesting fact about cheese.

First one: Nearly no cheese is actually yellow, instead they're actually white, because you know that's the color of milk. But cheesemakers want to dye them yellow because that used to be a sign of high quality cows.
Call me "SSK, or "ssk". Mafia is my father.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5548 (ISO) » Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:52 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

Godly One wrote:maraca, geists,
domo
, goodmorning*
f16, bro
bbq, generic, pieguy, sakura, sad, cephrir
norlkaz
desperado
, bert
casso, mafiassk
pieguy, generic up, norlkaz down

rest of this list unchanged
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #5549 (ISO) » Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:15 am

Post by goodmorning »

In post 5536, Casso the King of Seals wrote:
Vote: MC Maraca

Call this vote on you symbolic because the GM case on me is shit and everyone knows it.
oh nacho

it's not the greatest case ever and is no thing of beauty but you two are good players, there's not likely a good case to be had on you

but you are scum.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”