- NJAC

Desperado [1]
- PeregrineV

Not Voting [4]
-T S O, penguin_alien, Yunichikawowwow, RachMarie

With 16 alive, it takes
9[/i]
votes to lynch.

Deadline is in (expired on 2014-01-22 11:25:02).
Last edited by ElectricSavages on Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #701 (ISO) » Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:30 am

Post by Slandaar »

In post 698, Garmr wrote:-places hand over my face and shakes head-

Really I mean really.
Really Garmr Really!
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #702 (ISO) » Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:36 am

Post by Garmr »

In post 701, Slandaar wrote:
In post 698, Garmr wrote:-places hand over my face and shakes head-

Really I mean really.
Really Garmr Really!
Not happy and It's not the fact JKLM replaced out it's who replaced in can't discuss to much because it involves ongoing games. But for fuck sake I thought I was free of this shit.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #703 (ISO) » Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:19 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 682, RachMarie wrote:wait a minute did you posts posts from an ONGOING game Pere :facepalm:

I am still alive but having trouble staying up at the computer due to the superflu.

Trying to catch up in this game and that stood out to me.

DO NOT POST OR LINK TO OR TALK ABOUT ONGOING GAMES.
Not in any way. Clicking on the post shows user's posts they made.

My point still stands.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #704 (ISO) » Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:53 am

Post by Slandaar »

In post 702, Garmr wrote:Not happy and It's not the fact JKLM replaced out it's who replaced in can't discuss to much because it involves ongoing games. But for fuck sake I thought I was free of this shit.
I don't know what you are talking about, but, it doesn't actually matter. Whatever Penguin did I am sure it wasn't with bad intentions as from what I have seen of her she is completely innocent and harmless. Mafia is a game that will always cause tensions between people due to the nature of it so try to let the grudge go, forgive and move on.
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #705 (ISO) » Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:18 am

Post by Desperado »

That game was awesome!

Looking forward to penguin's entrance.
;)
penguin_alien
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #706 (ISO) » Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:57 am

Post by penguin_alien »

:good:

Hey people, I should be caught up soon. Let me know if there's anything in particular you want me to address.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #707 (ISO) » Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:15 am

Post by Garmr »

In post 704, Slandaar wrote:
In post 702, Garmr wrote:Not happy and It's not the fact JKLM replaced out it's who replaced in can't discuss to much because it involves ongoing games. But for fuck sake I thought I was free of this shit.
I don't know what you are talking about, but, it doesn't actually matter. Whatever Penguin did I am sure it wasn't with bad intentions as from what I have seen of her she is completely innocent and harmless. Mafia is a game that will always cause tensions between people due to the nature of it so try to let the grudge go, forgive and move on.
Fine I get the point :igmeou:
YuniChikako
YuniChikako
Goon
YuniChikako
Goon
Goon

Post Post #708 (ISO) » Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:03 pm

Post by YuniChikako »

In post 674, PeregrineV wrote:
In post 673, aptil wrote:
In post 671, PeregrineV wrote:
Vote: Desparado

Sorry you got a scum role this game.
How did you come to that conclusion ?
http://forum.mafiascum.net/search.php?a ... 9&sr=posts
A better explanation for your vote would be nice.
evilpacman18
evilpacman18
Mafia Scum
evilpacman18
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #709 (ISO) » Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:00 pm

Post by evilpacman18 »

Is it time to start playing this game again?
I play piano and competitive Smash 4 under the tag EPM
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #710 (ISO) » Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:31 pm

Post by Bulbazak »

In post 655, PeregrineV wrote: Go look at just his first 11 posts and get back to me with thoughts.
Mastin starts off by faking ignorance of the game being multiball. How do I know it was fake? Two things: He was asked by the mod to play, and he mentions the game advertisement. Both stem from the same reasoning. The game advertisement had the game name in great big letters:
Fire and Ice
, and I would assume the mod would tell him the game name when asking him to sign up (Heck, I have people ask questions about upcoming games before they even pre-in, there's no way the most basic of information didn't get across.). Fire and Ice. The freaking title tells you it's multiball! I looked at the title when signing up and said, "Hey, look, a multiball game.". To be ignorant of this after having been both asked by the mod AND seeing the game advertisement means that Mastin would be incapable of putting even the most basic of conclusions together. Mastin's pretty clever, so I doubt this is the case.

Next he tries to get early towncred by essentially saying "Oops. I townslipped.". That is an incredible obvious plant. If you point out your own townslip, it means it should no longer be trusted, especially if you call it a townslip. Town tends to be pretty ignorant of when they slip, and if they realize their mistake, they don't point it out in the manner Mastin did. His "Oops..." was meant to be seen, because he wanted the towncred early and didn't want to work for it in a game with multiple scum factions. Continuing off of this, he sets his standard of play very low in the exact same post. He doesn't want anyone to have high expectations for him this game, because he doesn't want to put himself out there too much. Why not? Again, it's multiball, and he doesn't want to make himself a night target for the other scumteam. If there was only 1 team in this game, he'd be towning it up, but he's playing it careful, which is why he's using contrived methods to gain towncred.

Then you have his interactions with Maxous. Do I think they're on the same team? Absolutely. He's the first to identify Maxous as scum, In fact, he actually identifies him correctly as fire scum. His voting of him straight off the bat is distancing. He's not bussing. Mastin doesn't bus, not in the traditional sense. He's smart about it. He doesn't want anyone to draw a connection between him and Maxous, and while he's going to call Maxous scum, he doesn't intend to keep his vote on him for very much longer. In fact, once someone gives him an out, JKLM in this case, Mastin immediately moves his vote off his so called strongest scum read. In fact, his vote stays off Maxous, all the while, Mastin continues to call him scum while not acting upon his read.

Finally, we end with Mastin's scumread of Aptil. Where did that come from? Well, it seems Aptil actually questioned one of Mastin's moves. Mastin immediately calls her scum. Although he answers her question, he doesn't do so completely, in fact, he ignores the very thing that Aptil had suspected about him.

All in all, Mastin's posts are meant to look impressive more than anything else. In reality, they are fluff containing very little content. Mastin has lacked conviction in his posts and has always given himself outs through verboseness. His posts are words for the sake of words, and he really could have said what he needed to in much less, but he wanted to create an impenetrable maze. This is careful Mastin. This is sly Mastin. This
is not
town Mastin.

@PeregrineV: I've been thinking lately of a FEA block of much towniness. Thoughts?
In post 657, T S O wrote: Bulba, I tried, but pretty sure you're incorrect here.
After rereading what PV wanted me to, I think I'm right on the money concerning my Mastin read.
In post 666, T S O wrote: Mastin analysed Maxous' readlists and came up with conclusions. To test his mindset, I did it myself before looking at his conclusions. We had the same ones.

Whether that's good or bad, idk, but it indicates Mastin-town.
Just because someone's reads match your own or they echo your thoughts back to you, that doesn't mean they're town. I fell into that pitfall with my family. Don't do the same in this game.

Talk to me.

Unvote
Bulbazak is so town that everytime someone votes him Mastin coughs blood.
- Nachomamma8, Maniacal Street Mafia

V/LA during weekends. Now leave me alone!
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #711 (ISO) » Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:59 pm

Post by Bulbazak »

Vote YuniChikako

Slandaar, you know you want to join me on this.

Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #712 (ISO) » Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:49 pm

Post by Bulbazak »

@Mod: I'll be V/LA until the 18th. I'm getting my upper wisdom teeth removed, and I'll be spending most of the week recovering.

Matias
Matias
Mafia Scum
Matias
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #713 (ISO) » Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:26 am

Post by Matias »

In post 711, Bulbazak wrote:
Vote YuniChikako

Slandaar, you know you want to join me on this.
Thank you, I've been waiting pages for someone else to do this.
Formerly DemonHybrid. I play mafia extremely occasionally. I run the Song Contest. You can find me there.
My GTKAS
My old account
Toomai
Toomai
Goon
Toomai
Goon
Goon

Post Post #714 (ISO) » Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:22 am

Post by Toomai »

I approve of that mastin case you have there, but why follow it with a YC vote? Yeah I know you've had it as scum for a while (and I don't exactly disagree), but it seems like an odd time to give it a vote.
This should be required reading for...everyone for anything, really.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #715 (ISO) » Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:01 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 708, YuniChikako wrote:

Deparado's last post in this game at the time I posted that was 5 days 5 hours prior.
Over the course of that time he made 41 posts in 5 other game threads, and 2 non-game threads.
One of those threads is also in New York.

So either he "forgot" about this game over the course of one day, or he ignored the thread because he's scum and is hoping to not post.

Of course, there are also other reasons, which you may now present as to why the above postings took place elsewhere but not here.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #716 (ISO) » Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:59 am

Post by Slandaar »

In post 711, Bulbazak wrote: Slandaar, you know you want to join me on this.
:cool:

VOTE: Yuni
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #717 (ISO) » Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:06 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 710, Bulbazak wrote:@PeregrineV: I've been thinking lately of a FEA block of much towniness.
My reads were kind of off that game, but if we get to the point we can agree on 4+ more players, then sure.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #718 (ISO) » Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:06 am

Post by Desperado »

In post 706, penguin_alien wrote::good:

Hey people, I should be caught up soon. Let me know if there's anything in particular you want me to address.
Still waiting :D

Yuni and JKLM/penguin probably aren't on the same team given JKLM's sloppy early Yuni defense/follow up vote, so I approve of this counterwagon.
;)
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #719 (ISO) » Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:07 am

Post by PeregrineV »

scum Deparado
scum Yuni
scum Gamerantz

Mastins alignment
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #720 (ISO) » Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:18 am

Post by Garmr »

In post 719, PeregrineV wrote:

scum Deparado
scum Yuni
scum Gamerantz

Mastins alignment
Garmantz ????
I am Garmr.
Garmantz is mantisdreamz and I and that's for another ONGOING game.

Also I'm curious why you wrote scum for the first three. Instead of asking PA what she thinks of them can I ask the reason why?
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #721 (ISO) » Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:37 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 720, Garmr wrote:

scum Deparado
scum Yuni
scum Gamerantz

Mastins alignment
Garmantz ????
I am Garmr.

Also I'm curious why you wrote scum for the first three. Instead of asking PA what she thinks of them can I ask the reason why?
In the course of addressing the scumminess of the above players, I'm sure I'll learn what Penguin thinks of them.
I gave the list so she has the focus she requested in .

re: gamerantz
my bad.

Change that to scum Garmr, then proceed.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #722 (ISO) » Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:58 am

Post by Garmr »

In post 721, PeregrineV wrote:
In post 720, Garmr wrote:

scum Deparado
scum Yuni
scum Gamerantz

Mastins alignment
Garmantz ????
I am Garmr.

In the course of addressing the scumminess of the above players, I'm sure I'll learn what Penguin thinks of them.
I gave the list so she has the focus she requested in .

re: gamerantz
my bad.

Change that to scum Garmr, then proceed.
Also why select the word scum over reads and then use alignment with mastin? This is a little tip for you in the future but pereV using that language is going to taint the reaction.

When a child has been abused you don't say "Where did the woman/man touch you." That implants thoughts into there head you have to work it out them naturally.
your better off asking questions like "What did you do with this person" and "How does that person make you feel." it taints the response.

An example of this is when I was questioning Maxous in post 84. At the time I had a slight town read on him but then post 83 shook it a bit because he ignored the yuni and toonami thing. If you look back at his reaction.
In post 94, Maxous wrote:
unvote, vote: Toomai

Clearly I was sleepy this morning.
Garmr's right, wtf was that comment.
It clearly tripped him up a little as he was trying to predict the answer that would please me most and buddy me up at the same time while a townie would of just said what they thought out right. Through the only mistake was how much I pressed him I should of done it harder.

Also I think asking about certain posts gathers more information as well.
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #723 (ISO) » Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:36 pm

Post by mastin2 »

In post 710, Bulbazak wrote:Mastin starts off by faking ignorance of the game being multiball. How do I know it was fake? Two things: He was asked by the mod to play, and he mentions the game advertisement. Both stem from the same reasoning. The game advertisement had the game name in great big letters:
Fire and Ice
, and I would assume the mod would tell him the game name when asking him to sign up (Heck, I have people ask questions about upcoming games before they even pre-in, there's no way the most basic of information didn't get across.).
Except Jacob didn't. It's a bit further back in my inbox, and I'm not sure I'm allowed to directly quote it, but I can paraphrase. A PM that seemed a lot like it was from an artist rather than a mod. "You want to join mine and CityElectric's Large Normal". (With something that could have, but probably didn't, reference my other online identity, the one that's an artist.) I can, however, pull up for surez my immediate response to this:
In post 653, mastin2 wrote:JacobSavage asked me to /in to his game, soyeah, doing so.
Do I mention Fire and Ice in the title? No. Because I didn't know. He asked me to play. I went there and said to sign me up. I didn't even remember I did. The first indication I had of the game beginning was receiving my role PM, seeing it said to confirm in-thread, having no link, going to the second PM which had the link, and then...bluntly saying this exact same thing. "Whoops. Totally forgot I signed up. But I'm confirming, and will get to you guys with content later."
He doesn't want anyone to have high expectations for him this game, because he doesn't want to put himself out there too much.
This basically directly contradicts the majority of your other points, by the way. I put myself out there. Painted a giant freakin' target on me. Directly acted in a way that was meant to be a bit antagonistic. Directly made it obvious I was town. Directly tried to provoke scumreads of mine. That's anything but not putting myself out there. Yes, I didn't expect much of me. Still don't. That I wasn't nightkilled means that I've basically failed to be a threat. But the two are entirely different things.
His voting of him straight off the bat is distancing. He's not bussing. Mastin doesn't bus, not in the traditional sense. He's smart about it. He doesn't want anyone to draw a connection between him and Maxous, and while he's going to call Maxous scum, he doesn't intend to keep his vote on him for very much longer.
This is true...of my single-scum game. In multiscum? Fuck no, I'm not even going to do distancing. I'm going to townread my scumbuddies, no matter how damn scummy I think they are, SPECIFICALLY BECAUSE I DON'T WANT THEM DEAD. Distancing draws attention to opposite-scum. Bussing draws attention to town. Townreading? Doesn't. Simple stuff.
Finally, we end with Mastin's scumread of Aptil. Where did that come from? Well, it seems Aptil actually questioned one of Mastin's moves. Mastin immediately calls her scum.
Nice narrative, but exactly that--a story fabricated. I said exactly what I meant:
IF Bulbazak is scum, it'd be
possible
for aptil to be scum. Basically my exact damn words. Two qualifiers, there. TWO. That's anything but a scumread. The explicit implication here is that in any other scenario, aptil would be town. Basically?
If Bulbazak is town, aptil is town.
If Bulbazak is scum, it's possible aptil's scum. (But not definitely. Just possible.)
If Bulbazak is scum, aptil could still be town. (My current belief.)
None of these are what Bulbazak is painting my aptil reaction to be. Bluntly, he's lying; this is right there in my damn iso spelled out as clearly as can be.
All in all, Mastin's posts are meant to look impressive more than anything else.
Yep! Look impressive. Seems like that'd be drawing attention to myself, no? They're meant to look impressive because I've been trying to get scum to nightkill me.
Just because someone's reads match your own or they echo your thoughts back to you, that doesn't mean they're town.
Yes, but it's a fine indicator that maybe they're coming from the same mindset as you are.
In post 714, Toomai wrote:I approve of that mastin case you have there, but why follow it with a YC vote? Yeah I know you've had it as scum for a while (and I don't exactly disagree), but it seems like an odd time to give it a vote.
Yep. Toomai's scum. Good question, very bad way of stating it.

In other news, hard to say for sure (need to check his scumgame in multiball), but PV's potentially town. Desp, not so much. Think I had him as a townread; that's faded. Severely.
My academy.
"...You have a blog?!?" (Yes, I do. Click.)
Agnigi
, 13p Mini Theme sequel to Gistou, is in design and could use reviewers!
YuniChikako
YuniChikako
Goon
YuniChikako
Goon
Goon

Post Post #724 (ISO) » Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:51 pm

Post by YuniChikako »

In post 715, PeregrineV wrote:
In post 708, YuniChikako wrote:

Deparado's last post in this game at the time I posted that was 5 days 5 hours prior.
Over the course of that time he made 41 posts in 5 other game threads, and 2 non-game threads.
One of those threads is also in New York.

So either he "forgot" about this game over the course of one day, or he ignored the thread because he's scum and is hoping to not post.

Of course, there are also other reasons, which you may now present as to why the above postings took place elsewhere but not here.
I don't see that to be sufficient enough to vote him. If I were trying to keep up with five other games, and considering this game's movement right now, I would most definitely forget to post here. Then again, that's
me
...you know, the one who forgets about homework that was assigned that very day until I suddenly remember four minutes before that very class starts. Still, with life, mafia, and the internet I wouldn't think about it too much, it probably just slipped his mind.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”