NY 169: The EPIC XD Mafia Game of Greatness (Game Over)

Empire
Empire
Mafia Scum
Empire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5250 (ISO) » Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:37 pm

Post by Empire »

Day 2, Votecount 37
Desperado (6)
-
MC Maraca, Casso the King of Seals, Sakura Hana, Generic, Cephrir, Ser Arthur Dayne

Casso the King of Seals (6)
-
goodmorning, BROseidon, zMuffinMan, Desperado, Bert, DOMO

Bert (2)
-
KoreanBBQ, MafiaSSK

Cephrir (2)
-
F-16_Fighting_Falcon, Norlkaz

Ser Arthur Dayne (1)
-
pieguyn

Not Voting (1)
-
geists

With 18 alive, it takes 10 to lynch! Deadline is on January 11th at 10:10 AM EST (expired on 2014-01-11 11:10:12)

Mod Notes
-
KoreanBBQ is V/LA until Friday.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #5251 (ISO) » Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:58 pm

Post by BROseidon »

@mod V/LA through Saturday
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5252 (ISO) » Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:08 pm

Post by geists »

In post 5246, Desperado wrote:
In post 5200, geists wrote:
In post 5195, Desperado wrote:
In post 5192, Casso the King of Seals wrote:Nothing ffery has done has given you any sort of townread?
not really no
Did you always read the other head when we've played?
dunno, but i'm not so much reading nat over you as i am finding something nat did really scummy and then you not doing anything obviously town to counterbalance it
The reason I asked was because if you're not seeing anything obviously town in my game it's quite possibly because you never have. But, I really thought that it was you townreading me on your own in the Space game. Not you reading Empire. And Not Mollie reading me. So, I can't really get wholeheartedly behind the premise.
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5253 (ISO) » Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:12 pm

Post by geists »

In post 5244, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
In post 4629, geists wrote:
In post 4471, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:Can you link those scumgames where Sakura gave up and self-voted? I think I might be able to do a compare and contrast with her towngames to see if there are underlying motivations that can be spotted.
Here are a few games, scum and town.

As town: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 9#p5222069 This was a self-hammer

As scum not faking it (I think) - http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 9#p5154079 This was L-1

This game is a twofer: As scum faking it (I think) http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 7#p5088017. As scum in the same game self-hammering: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 8#p5103138

As town: this one seemed mostly frustration. http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 5#p5161695 and this one looked like pure fatalism. http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 6#p5215726

As town, to avoid a no lynch at deadline: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 1#p5474281

As scum, self-hammer: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 7#p5505567

As town, over a supposed scumslip: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 1#p5266921
So, I've had a chance to look through all this and I am actually surprised you are still considering that Sakura could be scum. Her intent and motivation has always looked different as both affiliations.

I found the first self-hammer as town to be out a rather misguided sense that town will look into her reads when they see her flip.

The second town one was done hoping to get Wisdom to shut up with the self hammer being out of sheer frustration and anger at the town. That is what feels most similar to here.

The third town game, the deadline self-hammer was accompanied by a reads list. This was probably the most productive self-vote since she gave her thoughts and hammered in a calculated way to avoid a no lynch.

The last town game showed a sense of giving up and wanting out of the game.

Comparing with her scum games:

The first one is a bet meant to create scum theater with her scumbuddy Generic possibly. It carried a threatening tone.

The second one was an implicit threat to you saying that you should be lynched the next day upon her townflip, possibly meant to create doubt.

Both scum self-hammers seemed to be because she didn't think she would survive.

Overall, I am seeing that Sakura self-votes as town when she gets frustrated with everyone and generally doesn't try to wiggle her way out of trouble. As scum on the other hand, her self-votes (minus the self hammers) are more manipulative meant to subtly threaten, cast doubt and cause people to feel pity. As scum, she seems to be expecting a response whereas as town, she merely expects to get lynched and get out of the game.

In this game, he ragequit while being flashwagoned at deadline seems overwhelmingly of the town variety of getting frustrated and wanting to give up. I expect Sakura-scum in the same situation would have said something like "lynch Casso tomorrow when I flip town."

She has completely different mindsets as town and scum. Thanks for posting the links. I am now a lot more sure Sakura is town. Your thoughts?
My qualm is that this is manipulable, and she's been manipulating her play/meta in other ways.

Nacho was right about Mac. I'd much rather lynch someone he's totally behind lynching today.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5254 (ISO) » Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:47 pm

Post by F-16_Fighting_Falcon »

You think she is aware of those specific differences that I pointed out?

@ Sakura, do you believe my analysis of your meta is accurate? What are your thoughts about it?
Bert
Bert
Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra
Bert

Post Post #5255 (ISO) » Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:50 pm

Post by Bert »

Falcon, why did you pick Sakura to analyze in your limited free time?

Also,

UNVOTE:
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5256 (ISO) » Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:52 pm

She was one the people to analyze on my to-do list. I wanted to verify if we were right about her /quit being a town-motivated one.

Was there anyone else you wanted to go over with me?
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5257 (ISO) » Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:53 pm

Post by geists »

In post 5254, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:You think she is aware of those specific differences that I pointed out?
Yes to most of it. Maybe all. It's not like some of these links haven't been plopped into other games and discussed before when she's gone fatalistic or threatened to replace out.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5258 (ISO) » Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:54 pm

Do you have links to where this was discussed? I'd like to see how much self-awareness there is.
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #5259 (ISO) » Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:55 pm

Post by goodmorning »

Guys I am disappoint
Bert
Bert
Bert

Post Post #5260 (ISO) » Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:14 pm

Post by Bert »

why, GM? :C

I like seeing you happy
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #5261 (ISO) » Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:27 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

In post 5254, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:@ Sakura, do you believe my analysis of your meta is accurate? What are your thoughts about it?
You've pretty well managed to decipher what my feelings and plans were when i made those actions im impressed.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5262 (ISO) » Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:04 pm

Post by geists »

In post 5258, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:Do you have links to where this was discussed? I'd like to see how much self-awareness there is.
There was a huge discussion about it in the FEA game right after she self-voted and then said she was replacing out. I think my earlier link is very close to that. I think I was the first to say whoa hold on a bit this could be town fatalism. Cabd later agreed, but he was thinking it was scum-motivated at first.

There's also a discussion in one of my scum games where I defended the heck out of her apparent fatalism related to offering to be lynched in Cabd's place. She later said it was fake - she wasn't townreading him that hard until after he reacted to a fake inno crumb she left on day 2. This is where my defense started: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 9#p5347879
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #5263 (ISO) » Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:31 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

This kind of discussion is really unsettling, if you want to find out my alignment then why not just lynch me and find out? It's not like I'm doing anything to convince you otherwise.

I am aware of my meta, but my emotions just go high wire in discussions like these, which is why I initially tried to become less emotional, with that failing and the trust tell becoming stronger i pretty much have no other option other than to quit mafia so I stop ruining games for others...

The other option would have been to break the trust tell by doing it as scum, unfortunately it was too late, I tried something already in Ace Attorney but i couldnt get my feelings to come out believable, all in all it's better for me to just stop.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5264 (ISO) » Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:06 pm

Post by Desperado »

In post 5248, DOMO wrote:
In post 5246, Desperado wrote:dunno, but i'm not so much reading nat over you as i am finding something nat did really scummy and then you not doing anything obviously town to counterbalance it
Can you expand on this scummy thing nat did? A simple "no" and I'll assume it's out of bounds.
no
In post 5249, Sakura Hana wrote:So Desp, what are your thoughts on F16's analysis of my meta and him saying I'm super town?
it's good analysis
In post 5252, geists wrote: The reason I asked was because if you're not seeing anything obviously town in my game
it's quite possibly because you never have.
But, I really thought that it was you townreading me on your own in the Space game. Not you reading Empire. And Not Mollie reading me. So, I can't really get wholeheartedly behind the premise.
probably so
;)
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #5265 (ISO) » Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:24 pm

Post by goodmorning »

In post 5260, Bert wrote:why, GM? :C

I like seeing you happy
Casso's not dead

seriouslyyyyyy
Bert
Bert
Bert

Post Post #5266 (ISO) » Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:25 pm

Post by Bert »

awwwwwwwwwww

Vote: Casso

I wanna see a happy GM

or I'll be disappoint

bummed outta my mind
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5267 (ISO) » Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:27 pm

Post by Generic »

My vote will move if bert (or GM now) can sell me casso as scum over desperado.

Bert ignored this request to my knowledge. But desperado appears to be on shutdown. Last game I accused him of being scum I think we argued for two pages. Here? He seems to have given up.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5268 (ISO) » Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:30 pm

Post by pieguyn »

vote: Desp
DOMO
DOMO
Mafia Scum
DOMO
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5269 (ISO) » Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:32 pm

Post by DOMO »

In post 2700, Generic wrote:
In post 2684, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:Generic, which of the players in this game have you played with before besides Mara? Do you have any strong reads on any of them?
Played with bert (town read), nacho (scum read), natirasha (scum lean), tammy (town read), GIF (slight scum lean), F16 (town lean), mafiaSSK (scum lean), Pieguyn (scum lean), Sakura hana (town lean), desperado (town lean, but unsettled by his lack of involvement).

I think I've also played in a game with BROseidon but he is null in this one to me.
Generic, why don't you sell it yourself? What has changed since this stage of the game to make desp scum and casso not?

fwiw I like this post, these reads look legit and solid.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #5270 (ISO) » Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:38 pm

Post by Cephrir »

Why. Anyone can attach designations to players.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
DOMO
DOMO
Mafia Scum
DOMO
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5271 (ISO) » Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:51 pm

Post by DOMO »

In post 5270, Cephrir wrote:Why. Anyone can attach designations to players.
Yes, well anyone can do [enter every town tell here]. Shall I just ask random.org to give me a list of reads?

generic reads as sincere. If he's scum, he's amazing at faking pissy rants, and he's very natural with his responses to people. Yes he could be scum. I do not think so.

I feel strongly enough about generic being town that I'm more worried about you trying to slap down other people's townread on him.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5272 (ISO) » Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:56 pm

Post by Cephrir »

Slap. Slap. Slap.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5273 (ISO) » Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:57 pm

Post by Cephrir »

I can't imagine why that would worry you?

People are going to argue with others' townreads.

For instance, there is a Casso wagon, and I'm pretty sure *everyone* on his wagon can't be scum.
Bartleby the Scrivener
DOMO
DOMO
Mafia Scum
DOMO
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5274 (ISO) » Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:33 pm

Post by DOMO »

In post 5273, Cephrir wrote:I can't imagine why that would worry you?
It worries me because generic has given reason to at least have those scumreading him to reconsider, but you seem unwilling. Looks to me like you're keeping your mislynch options open. I must've said three times during your little discussion with generic that it's town-town, but you showed no sign of relenting. I could understand you being cautious if I were looking dodgy, but I'm as conftown here as I was in xenoblade. I might be wrong, of course, but you should at least consider my comments sincere.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”