NY 169: The EPIC XD Mafia Game of Greatness (Game Over)

Empire
Empire
Mafia Scum
Empire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5100 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:43 pm

Post by Empire »

Day 2, Votecount 33
Casso the King of Seals (5)
-
goodmorning, BROseidon, zMuffinMan, Desperado, Bert

Desperado (5)
-
MC Maraca, Casso the King of Seals, Sakura Hana, Generic, geists

Bert (2)
-
KoreanBBQ, Ser Arthur Dayne

Generic (1)
-
Cephrir

Ser Arthur Dayne (1)
-
pieguyn

Cephrir (1)
-
F-16_Fighting_Falcon

Not Voting (3)
-
MafiaSSK, DOMO, Norlkaz

With 18 alive, it takes 10 to lynch! Deadline is on January 11th at 10:10 AM EST (expired on 2014-01-11 11:10:12)

Mod Notes
-
fferyllt head of geists is V/LA until the 8th. GuyInFreezer head of KoreanBBQ is V/LA until Friday.

Prodding KoreanBBQ.
MC Maraca
MC Maraca
Mafia Scum
MC Maraca
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5101 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:27 pm

Post by MC Maraca »

In post 4910, DOMO wrote:
In post 3403, Casso the King of Seals wrote:
In post 3298, Bert wrote:But falcon, lynching a lurker/useless one gives us little to no info to work off
The only information lynching strong town gives us is that we're a bunch of idiots, which is not something I'm prepared to learn so early in the game.
In post 3133, Casso the King of Seals wrote:
In post 3125, MC Maraca wrote:Pedit: why don't you all lynch F-16
Unvote: Stuffed Crust
Vote: F-16

Done.
I don't even have a case on him. I don't care.
Right, so have you played f16 before?
In post 3283, Casso the King of Seals wrote:5. F-16_Fighting_Falcon Townish.
In post 3308, Casso the King of Seals wrote:Looking at some things that I am not allowed to admit exist, I would just like to clarify that I really like the idea of Pie getting lynched.
What the fuck is this?
In post 3346, Casso the King of Seals wrote:
In post 3343, Bert wrote:Are you sure as heck that Falcon and Ffery are town
I am.
I'm also sure as heck that Stuffed Crust is town and the two top wagons suck quite a bit. Do you want to move your vote Sakura with us so the Day 1 lynch doesn't suck?
note - vote is still on f16
In post 3354, Casso the King of Seals wrote:
In post 3353, Bert wrote:Why are you spending time now just tunneling Sakura?

Why now, why not earlier on during my stay here

P-edit: ok...
So do I have your vote yet?
note - yes, still
In post 3430, Casso the King of Seals wrote:I was hoping that I would be able to attract more votes than Tammy's, but with ffery and Bert liable to join soon we can make this at least as big as the F-16 wagon.

Mac, please don't stop posting.

VOTE: Sakura Hana
And finally he shifts, and showing an awareness that he's been on f16 for so long.

What the fuck is this?
In post 3593, Casso the King of Seals wrote:DOMO if Nati says no on SSK.
Oh yeah he tried to talk town into panic lynching me while I was on V/LA. No case, just higher chance of scum in a group containing me and SAD. And this was after I said lynching him on d1 was a huge mistake because it's nachothor. This is the same hydra that said earlier he hates lynching strong town players early. And they're happy to pick me off without me being able to claim or defend myself, because of a random unsubstanciated read.

I'm convinced he's scum.
You do realize that

1: Nacho and Thor are two different people in that hydra
2: Nacho has been hard defending f-16 and the only reason their vote was on him was because Thor had put it there
3: Nacho didn't wanna move the vote without finding a common ground, first and F-16 wasn't in danger of getting lynched at the point of where the wagon was sitting in that state
4:Hydra diss. is a real thing
Cabd: "hell, mc maraca is a two lady hydra of justice"
MC Maraca
MC Maraca
Mafia Scum
MC Maraca
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5102 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:43 pm

Post by MC Maraca »

In post 4911, DOMO wrote:Gonna focus on BBQ after some food. I've seen enough of casso. Solid scum read. This is nothing like town nacho or town thor, except in glimpses, ie when they realise they need to town the fuck up. Less scumhunting and more reactionary posts, asking qeustions rather than pointing fingers, trying to get votes on someone he's reading town. I mean wtf is this? How is it so difficult to lynch this slot?

BECAUSE THEY ARE SCUM.
how many times have you played with both of them, and how many times where you correct in reading them?

More Desperado votes would be nice

and people not on a big wagon need to get on one, right now
Bert
Bert
Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra
Bert

Post Post #5103 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:46 pm

Post by Bert »

Is this Mara
Norlkaz
Norlkaz
Goon
Norlkaz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5104 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:27 pm

Post by Norlkaz »

In post 1106, Desperado wrote:why on earth are you treating me like town right now
Desp is not an excellent lynch either, on first pass.
VOTE: Cephrir
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #5105 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:54 pm

Post by Cephrir »

Brilliant deduction!
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
MC Maraca
MC Maraca
Mafia Scum
MC Maraca
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5106 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:13 pm

Post by MC Maraca »

In post 5103, Bert wrote:Is this Mara
Yes, Dear

how does that one quote make Desp townish? (I mean, I know it has a subtle paranoia vibe, but... that kind is not that hard to fake)
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5107 (ISO) » Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:41 am

Post by Generic »

It was also about 4000 posts ago... Got anything more recent you want to use to reason that theory with? Cos even that doesn't mean why and it's from day 1.
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5108 (ISO) » Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:43 am

Post by Generic »

*that doesn't mean shit

I have absolutely no idea why my phone changed the word to why... Maybe I used up all my allowable swear words on this device! :o
DOMO
DOMO
Mafia Scum
DOMO
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5109 (ISO) » Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:08 am

Post by DOMO »

In post 5101, MC Maraca wrote:You do realize that

1: Nacho and Thor are two different people in that hydra
2: Nacho has been hard defending f-16 and the only reason their vote was on him was because Thor had put it there
3: Nacho didn't wanna move the vote without finding a common ground, first and F-16 wasn't in danger of getting lynched at the point of where the wagon was sitting in that state
4:Hydra diss. is a real thing
1. Yes I do.
2. And why did thor put it there when nacho is hard towning?
3. And?
4. Hydra diss can be faked.
In post 5102, MC Maraca wrote:how many times have you played with both of them, and how many times where you correct in reading them?
A handful between then, don't recall either being scum so we're talking a small sample of town games, thus I'm still learning their games.
In post 5102, MC Maraca wrote:More Desperado votes would be nice
No.
In post 5102, MC Maraca wrote:and people not on a big wagon need to get on one, right now
Yes.

vote casso
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5110 (ISO) » Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:17 am

Post by Generic »

Hydra diss. is particularly unreliable in terms of how genuine it is when the heads don't sign their posts.
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5111 (ISO) » Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:12 am

Post by geists »

F-16 your level of participation this game day worries me a little.
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5112 (ISO) » Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:13 am

Post by geists »

Also, casso did I miss your post asoiaaf write up on Ceph?
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5113 (ISO) » Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:48 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

casso wrote:Why isn't Muffin stepping up?
i'm not feeling very confident this game. "stepping it up" would just involve me waffling about things a lot more than i am

i'm reading, i'm giving my meager thoughts here and there, nobody is really asking me any questions about anything, and i kinda just want some flips to sort out where i'm right or wrong atm
casso wrote:Where is Muffin, who spent pages and pages yelling at how upset he was that I wasn't getting lynched in Xenogears? Last time I was his #1 scumread everyone knew about it, everyone was complaining about it
you have a very skewed view of my towngame. xenogears was an entirely different ballpark. there i was worried because the only two still-living players scumreading you at the time were me and ghostlin, who were fairly obviously going to be killed off consecutively on the following nights (and we both did end up dying consecutively on the following nights). i was worried there that you'd talk yourself out of a lynch because nobody else who wanted you dead would be around to really push you

here i don't have any of the same concerns. i'm not exactly a priority kill in the current gamestate, i'm not particularly worried about there being too few people who want to lynch you, and i don't see you being able to bullshit your way through the game much longer (although you seem to be doing an OK job of making people waver on you atm).

i'm also slightly worried because all the major wagons being considered atm (aside from SAD) are wagons on my scum reads, and generally that means i'm really, really wrong somewhere and i dunno where
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5114 (ISO) » Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:51 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

well SAD isn't exactly a major wagon anymore, but he was a short while back
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
KoreanBBQ
KoreanBBQ
Goon
KoreanBBQ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5115 (ISO) » Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:08 am

Post by KoreanBBQ »

Nero has the flu so Nero is V/la
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #5116 (ISO) » Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:20 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

In post 5113, zMuffinMan wrote:i kinda just want some flips to sort out where i'm right or wrong atm
What do you make of SC's flip and the people that were voting them?
What do you make of Tammy's flip and her interactions in general?
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Casso the King of Seals
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5117 (ISO) » Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:21 am

Post by Casso the King of Seals »

In post 5098, Desperado wrote:
In post 5035, Sakura Hana wrote:
In post 5034, Bert wrote:Sakura, Desperado is an asset to town if town too.
I disagree.

Or at least i never seen him do anything useful here or in Oz.
hahahahaha

a game i replaced out of voluntarily n1

no wonder nacho felt like he needed to come up with something to obvtown you; left to your own devices you might as well flash a giant red sign and call it a game
In post 5045, Casso the King of Seals wrote:Where the hell is Desperado? He usually thrives in atmospheres like this and I sure as hell can't see him apathy lynching me when he's worked together extremely closely with me in the past;
every time one of us has had an incorrect read on the other it's been loud and it's been angry:
do you really think town-Desperado would be happy to let me die without any sort of interaction with me at all even though he apparently has plenty of other scumreads he's completely content with?
i'm not "happy to let you die" i'm "happy to kill you"

re: bold, refresh my memory? maniacal and....?
HoH.
Casso the King of Seals
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5118 (ISO) » Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:26 am

In post 4969, Casso the King of Seals wrote:#4910 - The vote on F-16 was Thor. Thor came into the game frustrated because the only wagons that were gaining any traction whatsoever were townreads, and the reason that was happening is because there were too many alpha personalities clashing with each other and pushing through vanity wagons in order to get anything decent through.
Hence compromise and dramatic "I'm voting this player even though I think he's town and also I don't have a case"; he wanted to shake things up and he did.
I came into the QT, essentially said that I would just start strong arming whatever lynch looked good and wasn't a townread; that lynch was Sakura. I kept my vote on F-16 while engaging him in order to pressure him to step it up and help me find a good scumread to strongarm, but I ended up finding Sakura without his help at all.

The Thor quote talking about things he's not supposed to pretend exists is an ongoing games reference we were warned for - would rather not talk about that.
DOMO. Added stuff in bolded but most of this quote still applies.
Casso the King of Seals
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5119 (ISO) » Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:26 am

In post 5112, geists wrote:Also, casso did I miss your post asoiaaf write up on Ceph?
Nope, forgot to do it.
Casso the King of Seals
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5120 (ISO) » Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:37 am

In post 5113, zMuffinMan wrote:
casso wrote:Why isn't Muffin stepping up?
i'm not feeling very confident this game. "stepping it up" would just involve me waffling about things a lot more than i am

i'm reading, i'm giving my meager thoughts here and there, nobody is really asking me any questions about anything, and i kinda just want some flips to sort out where i'm right or wrong atm
casso wrote:Where is Muffin, who spent pages and pages yelling at how upset he was that I wasn't getting lynched in Xenogears? Last time I was his #1 scumread everyone knew about it, everyone was complaining about it
you have a very skewed view of my towngame. xenogears was an entirely different ballpark. there i was worried because the only two still-living players scumreading you at the time were me and ghostlin, who were fairly obviously going to be killed off consecutively on the following nights (and we both did end up dying consecutively on the following nights). i was worried there that you'd talk yourself out of a lynch because nobody else who wanted you dead would be around to really push you

here i don't have any of the same concerns. i'm not exactly a priority kill in the current gamestate, i'm not particularly worried about there being too few people who want to lynch you, and i don't see you being able to bullshit your way through the game much longer (although you seem to be doing an OK job of making people waver on you atm).

i'm also slightly worried because all the major wagons being considered atm (aside from SAD) are wagons on my scum reads, and generally that means i'm really, really wrong somewhere and i dunno where
I don't understand how "not being confident on anything" means that you've gone completely silent; I have a tendency to get loud when I'm trying to figure things out, and I doubt you'd be any different since shuffling your feet quietly generally does nothing to bring you closer to figuring out the scumteam.

I also don't get how you not understanding what is going on equates to you sitting with your vote on me and doing nothing else; if you have scumreads on Desperado and I, why not vote Desperado? It's not like you've made a particularly poignant effort to sort me out (which I don't understand because still here, still posting) and you haven't acted like you have shit for conviction in your read on me so it's not a "he's going to get away if we let him live" situation. There's a pretty simple answer for what's currently going horribly wrong in your read of the gamestate, and I'm surprised you're not even coming close to seeing it, considering who is following you onto the wagon and who isn't.
Casso the King of Seals
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5121 (ISO) » Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:15 am

In post 1336, Cephrir wrote:Yes, it is not possible I was addressing those sentences to two different targets.

Go ahead, lynch me for my fucking word choice. Let me know when you're ready to play mafia instead.
There's a significant difference between Cephrir attitude when being pushed for bad reasons here and his attitude when being pushed in ASOIAF. There, he got pissed because people were pushing him for shitty reasons and it has a very "no way in hell you're getting me lynched over this bullshit" attitude while here he's pretty much prematurely accepting death and calling Generic for how bad he will look later and emphasizing on how bad he will look later. One thing that I've noticed about Cephrir pushes as scum (in ASOIAF, at least) is that the majority of his pushes are on lynchbait or people who he has a lot of meta experience with (and pushes on them serve a certain purpose). The push on Generic wouldn't really serve either of these purposes (but this is just a theory, I haven't even made it through Cephrir Day 1 posts yet).
Casso the King of Seals
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5122 (ISO) » Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:27 am

In post 1138, Cephrir wrote:Syr-

This game got serious a lot faster than the other one did. I've already established that I believe I'm allowed to agree with people without thinking the argument I'm agreeing with is town.

I don't need to interact with people a ton to get a townread on them. Did you see me interacting with Bert a lot in that game beforehand? Not really, I thought the slot was scum until he switched accounts and then I decided he was mega absurdly town. The only difference is that Nacho isn't surprised by this.

It's kind of a relief to hear you actually have solid reasons, but as Nacho said in that game, I was playing atypically in some regards. I don't expect any of that to convince you though ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
And thisis what an example of what faked defeatism looks like; here, Ceph pretty thoroughly addresses Syryana's points on him and then is like "but I don't expect any of this to convince you (shrug)" which is a bit different from the "nope I'm gonna die but then you will look bad" defeatism here.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #5123 (ISO) » Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:29 am

Post by Cephrir »

VOTE: Desperado

Well, at least the stupidity has given me some scum reads, but alas, it seems I shan't get to vote them today, on principle or otherwise.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Casso the King of Seals
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5124 (ISO) » Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:34 am

In post 1894, Cephrir wrote:
In post 1872, Casso the King of Seals wrote:
In post 1783, Cephrir wrote:I have been justifying it.

I'm not as convinced as I started out (shhhh its a secret) but still think it's the best wagon by a longshot. If you'd prefer I move to you though perhaps that could be arranged (not really).

It disturbs me that you're scumreading me here after correctly scumreading me in my other two games with you ever (I think my play is pretty different here). I guess you just think I'm scum all the time and I've been giving you too much credit!
Thor managed to read someone correctly???
UNVOTE:
VOTE: Casso

Thanks for making this easy for me
Cephrir, was this post genuine?

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”