Mini 1531 ~ Mafia Pinnipedum (Game Over!)

penguin_alien
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1125 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:12 am

Post by penguin_alien »

Magua, if we're wrong about you, there will be reevaluation happening. Not sure why you'd think otherwise.

kanye's town for other reasons right now.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1126 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:11 pm

Post by Magua »

Because experience has shown me this:

Player A says "lol Player B is scum, and Player C is obvtown because of interactions with B"

B is lynched, flips town.

C is continued to be treated as town because of confirmation bias.

You know, that thing were people don't want to admit that they were wrong?

I can't say you're wrong about kanye. He hasn't posted a goddamn thing in the last two days, so. But since I know I'm town, I gotta stop you from going down the "Well, if Magz is scum kanye is town" road because lol false premise.
penguin_alien
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1127 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:28 pm

Post by penguin_alien »

If you flip town and we lose multiple townies overnight, the remaining pool is going to be reduced enough that if I'm alive there's no way I'd be able to afford taking anything for granted.

While we're waiting for people to join us, which of these things is not like the other, Magua?

{Sealy Mattress, Sealshells, Sealed With A Kiss, Glass Sealing, Seal Books UK, Sealsar's Palace, Seal No Evil, Navy Seal}
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1128 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:50 pm

Post by Magua »

Your chance of living until tomorrow is approximately 0%. So all there's going to be to go on is "lol penguin_alien thought kanye was town" or whatever and people will go with that. It's what they do.

So if you think kanye is town, fine. But don't be all "kanye is town because Magua is scum."

(Also, not to be too much of a dick, but since you're 100% dead wrong about me, I'm not enthused about your ability to correct your mistakes down the line.)

---
penguin_alien wrote:While we're waiting for people to join us, which of these things is not like the other, Magua?

{Sealy Mattress, Sealshells, Sealed With A Kiss, Glass Sealing, Seal Books UK, Sealsar's Palace, Seal No Evil, Navy Seal}
If this is a setup spec question: Be aware that my (paraphrased) response to Sixty when I received my Role PM was "I hate your flavor."

That said, my gut answer is Navy Seal because it doesn't begin with Seal like all the rest. But, be advised that my rolename doesn't begin with Seal either, so.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1129 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:51 pm

Post by Magua »

Oh, Glass Sealing doesn't begin with Seal either. Oh well.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1130 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:53 pm

Post by Magua »

It's not "ones that aren't altered" -- Sealed With A Kiss, Navy Seal, and Sealy Mattress are all legitimate.

It's not "ones that aren't things" -- Sealed With A Kiss and Seal No Evil.

Ah.

Sealshells is the only one that's one word.
penguin_alien
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1131 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:05 pm

Post by penguin_alien »

(anyone else is welcome to jump in here, BTW) (and no, this isn't bullshit like my reads list was; I have a point)
Selkies
Selkies
Mafia Scum
Selkies
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1132 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:17 pm

Post by Selkies »

In post 1120, Magua wrote:
penguin_alien wrote:Magua, if you're town, claim before the battery runs so low we have no choice but to lynch you to avoid a no-lynch irrespective of your claim.
No.

If I'm going to get lynched, claiming my role will not stop me from being lynched.
If I'm not going to get lynched, claiming my role helps scum because then, you see, they know my role.

So since there's no benefit in claiming, not going to.
walked into a club wrote:Oh I got the joke. I think I would know better than you ;)

How about we see what you flip first rather than useless speculation of "what if" scenarios? Not that I think you will be flipping town at all because your slot has been reading scummy to me before the replace out, then him fleeing after he got cornered didn't help my read either and your posts aren't so hot either. [inb4confbais]
I honestly don't give a shit if you got the joke. It was a throwaway joke.

I give a shit that of everything that was posted, that was the *only* thing you bothered to respond to. Which makes your post thought process, as near as I can tell, "La la la, pages of stuff, la la la, content, la la la, oh, look, Magua made a joke, let's ask him about that! Welp, there, posted a one liner, time for bed!"

You know what I do give a shit about? You classifying this speculation as "useless" when the WHOLE FUCKING POINT is to get you to illuminate your thought process and, here's the key part, show where your thought process will take you AFTER I FUCKING FLIP TOWN.

I simply cannot believe that you do not understand this.

It's very simple, so I'll use small words.

You say what
you'll
you will think when I flip town.

If I flip scum, as
you're
you are sure
I'll
I will do, THEN IT DOESN'T FUCKING MATTER AND HOLY SHIT TOWN GOT SOME MORE CONTENT SO HOORAY.

The only reason *not* to do it is if you don't want to tie yourself down to reads you know you're going to have to own up to, and you want to keep your strategic wagon options open.

Oops, sorry, I used some bigger words there. Let me know if you have trouble.

Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:I'm curious as to why people are townreading kanye. I'll admit to not knowing his meta other than by reputation he's a much better player than typist but I see a player who was on the mislynch yesterday and who mostly today has sat back and asked questions, voted me which is a bad vote and voted Syr and while I don't consider that a bad vote there's been no serious push in that direction and the one point brought up about Syr is pretty dodgy and feels like a lame application of LAL and nothing more.
To be utterly frank, why do you care about whether people are townreading kanye or not when you're not even getting off your ass enough to vote him yourself?

If you think he's scum, say he's scum. Don't pull this weak-assed crap.

Perhaps you could also go that extra mile and say what you think about me, because that would also be grand.

---

Seriously, what the fuck is it with everyone aside from penguin, Selkies, and half of Syryana in terms of actively trying to avoid providing content here? Half of y'all are barely posting and the other half post while specifically avoiding providing content.
PA, who would you be willing to lynch today aside from Magua
Selkies
Selkies
Mafia Scum
Selkies
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1133 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:26 pm

Post by Selkies »

In post 1106, penguin_alien wrote:Magua, if you're town, claim before the battery runs so low we have no choice but to lynch you to avoid a no-lynch irrespective of your claim.
In post 1095, Selkies wrote:
In post 1090, penguin_alien wrote:I'm aware, but I disagree. What do you think of it?
I think it's contrived.

Also fery thinks syry is town and I trust her ability to read her hydra partners. Despite whatever I dislike about her play.

What policy is this?
So Syryana's not knowing I was a claimed and effectively confirmed mason was contrived in your opinion, which I assume you think comes from scum. But ffery thinks Syryana is town, so you're going with that. Even though you don't like ffery's play, despite having chosen to hydra for this game?

I genuinely do not get your read. What I am getting is that you-orcinus think he's scum, but you're going to ignore this in favor of your-ffery's read. Which means you can pull out your scum read at your convenience.

What's the benefit for scum-Syryana to pretend not to know I was a mason?
In post 1085, Selkies wrote:Yes. You are conftown. I never suggested otherwise. Which means that I value your reads as one that I know to be coming as from town. Given that I'm still trying to get my reads sorted as a result of not being in the game, yours would be helpful to give me something to build on.

I want to work with you, not be your goddamn lap dog. And I've laid down quite clearly that I want to see Magua-scum before I'm willing to vote the slot. That's not rolling over. That's refusing to do so.
I actually had documented my opinions on several other players, including Syryana, Natirasha, and kayne. My ISO is still pretty short. If you really wanted to put your head together with mine without reading the whole game, why not just read my D2 posts and work from there? I'm not interested in lap dogs either, and I've put enough out there for anyone who wants to to meet me partway.

You knew my strongest read going into this and yet had no interest in it despite Garmr scum-claiming via his replace-out post. Because he got replaced, whoopee. It's like going to see a production of Hamlet, being disappointed at the massive casualties, and coming back to see it with a new actor in the lead role with the hope that it'll end differently this time. Spoiler alert: everyone's still going to die. Doesn't matter who's playing Hamlet, the character's still an idiot. And so it is here: Garmr was scum, so Magua, genuinely amusing though he is, is still scum.
This hydra has a history of me deferring certain reads to fery. Sven was one in our first game. This is one.

I don't like syrys play, not ferys. If fery town reads syry, that would be what I am going along with, since I am absolutely confident in her ability to figure syry out. I didn't know about the strength of the syry town read when I first got back into this game (fery was vla).

I know your strongest read. I disagree with it. We've been through this. Just because I disagree with your strongest read doesn't mean that I'm somehow unwilling to work with you.

Like I said, I dislike playing catchup. I fail to see how you couldn't have quoted a few posts for me that we're of particular importance. I don't see what you're trying to prove (orcinus is scum because of laziness? Hah. )
Selkies
Selkies
Mafia Scum
Selkies
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1134 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:38 pm

Post by Selkies »

In post 1112, penguin_alien wrote:What did you think of TPP's response to the reads list? Which yes, was strategically faked BS. And it wasn't an insult to his intelligence, but rather me taking advantage of the situation to garner other reactions. If he really wanted to discuss some of my reads, he could have gotten them from my ISO, so I don't feel badly about it.
I would've expected this slot to have stayed away from it. It was obvious enough of a reaction test, even for someone who hasn't really been here. The reaction itself seemed to be taking your list at face value, which I didn't really expect.

Also I don't really like how the slot was complaining about town apathy and then when I showed up they left

What do you think about it
Selkies
Selkies
Mafia Scum
Selkies
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1135 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:44 pm

Post by Selkies »

In post 987, Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:I swear I posted this yesterday, ugh, rewriting...
In post 966, Syryana wrote:I don't want to lynch you anymore! Why was the Smudger wagon a bad wagon, in your opinion (other than he's a dead townie, obv)
Because he claimed before anyone asked him to claim and his claim was that of a vanilla townie; there's absolutely no benefit to that for scum other than maybe a bit of WIFOM and Smudger didn't seem like the type to be playign the WIFOM game. Furthermore his tone was defeatist through the end of the day but he kept posting, again there's slight WIFOM potential but caught scum are more likely to either clam up completely or say crazy shit to either force claims or to just give their scum partners more information and again his path was the path of a (bad) town player.
Why doesn't he seem like the type to play WIFOM? Seems like that got pulled out of your ass.
kanyeknowsbest
kanyeknowsbest
mafi ascum
kanyeknowsbest
mafi ascum
mafi ascum

Post Post #1136 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:18 pm

Post by kanyeknowsbest »

In post 1131, penguin_alien wrote:(anyone else is welcome to jump in here, BTW) (and no, this isn't bullshit like my reads list was; I have a point)
believe its seal books.
add me on snapchat and vine and twitter and instagram : ]
The Purple Plague
The Purple Plague
Goon
The Purple Plague
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1137 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:21 pm

Post by The Purple Plague »

Kanye who are you voting right now
And can you please make it Danny
kanyeknowsbest
kanyeknowsbest
mafi ascum
kanyeknowsbest
mafi ascum
mafi ascum

Post Post #1138 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:23 pm

Post by kanyeknowsbest »

think im voting syro still but theres a bunch of pages i need to read here b4 i do anything really
The Purple Plague
The Purple Plague
Goon
The Purple Plague
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1139 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:25 pm

Hey, I have to read a lot too!
Let's just end up voting the same person and pushing that lynch through because I like when we do that.
kanyeknowsbest
kanyeknowsbest
mafi ascum
kanyeknowsbest
mafi ascum
mafi ascum

Post Post #1140 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:26 pm

Post by kanyeknowsbest »

yah same lol i also like that usually

either way tho i want lambda to catch up and give some input.
Selkies
Selkies
Mafia Scum
Selkies
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1141 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:28 pm

Post by Selkies »

Hi nacho
The Purple Plague
The Purple Plague
Goon
The Purple Plague
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1142 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:30 pm

Hi!
Selkies
Selkies
Mafia Scum
Selkies
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1143 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:32 pm

Post by Selkies »

I'm glad we're not the only ones not liking magua as a lynch.

talk to me about your reaction to PA's readslist though. did you think that was a real list? as well as your reaction to magua's vote on syry--is that diminishing your read on mag or what
The Purple Plague
The Purple Plague
Goon
The Purple Plague
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1144 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:33 pm

In post 1134, Selkies wrote:
In post 1112, penguin_alien wrote:What did you think of TPP's response to the reads list? Which yes, was strategically faked BS. And it wasn't an insult to his intelligence, but rather me taking advantage of the situation to garner other reactions. If he really wanted to discuss some of my reads, he could have gotten them from my ISO, so I don't feel badly about it.
I would've expected this slot to have stayed away from it. It was obvious enough of a reaction test, even for someone who hasn't really been here. The reaction itself seemed to be taking your list at face value, which I didn't really expect.

Also I don't really like how the slot was complaining about town apathy and then when I showed up they left

I find battery deadlines don't inspire the same deadline fear as a definite deadline does because I continuously look at this game and it's always like 30 something percent and decide to post in other games for other reasons.
The Purple Plague
The Purple Plague
Goon
The Purple Plague
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1145 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:33 pm

In post 1143, Selkies wrote:I'm glad we're not the only ones not liking magua as a lynch.

talk to me about your reaction to PA's readslist though. did you think that was a real list? as well as your reaction to magua's vote on syry--is that diminishing your read on mag or what
Mara thought it was a real reads list, yeah.
I don't give a shit about Magua vote on Syr, he still seems town.
The Purple Plague
The Purple Plague
Goon
The Purple Plague
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1146 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:34 pm

Like I find we're at odds because of the vote but I've learned sometimes Magua and I don't click as far as scum suspects go and what we find scummy and what we find town. I don't see why he would choose Syr as the chosen mislynch and it doesn't particularly seem like bussing, so I let Magua be.
Selkies
Selkies
Mafia Scum
Selkies
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1147 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:37 pm

Post by Selkies »

In post 1144, The Purple Plague wrote:
In post 1134, Selkies wrote:

I find battery deadlines don't inspire the same deadline fear as a definite deadline does because I continuously look at this game and it's always like 30 something percent and decide to post in other games for other reasons.
yeah well could you stay here please :( we're not doing so well and i don't think our conftown is onto scum
In post 1145, The Purple Plague wrote:
In post 1143, Selkies wrote:I'm glad we're not the only ones not liking magua as a lynch.

Mara thought it was a real reads list, yeah.
I don't give a shit about Magua vote on Syr, he still seems town.
lol ok

VOTE: DDD
Selkies
Selkies
Mafia Scum
Selkies
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1148 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:39 pm

Post by Selkies »

Do you have meta on nati?
Natirasha
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1149 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:49 pm

Post by Natirasha »

No cuz he's trying to push a case that doesn't exist.
Natirasha is just a vestige, it's Contessa now.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”