Mini 1531 ~ Mafia Pinnipedum (Game Over!)

Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1100 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:50 pm

Post by Magua »

In post 1094, Natirasha wrote:Well since part of my reasoning for being on your wagon is policy, not really much.
Ok. So:

- You think I'm a policy lynch? y/n

- You think Selkies is my partner? y/n
walked into a bar wrote:Enlighten me, what's so town about Penguin? Also Penguin is a she.
Oh, man, I dunno, something about the posts just seems towny. Can't put my finger on it.

Though I can say how disappointed I am that since my replace in, this is the only thing you can come up to say? I mean, I enjoy a good troll
more than
as much as the next person, but if you'd read the last three pages at all you'd have to know I already know the answer because it was mentioned *on that page*.

So either you're being trollish with no content, or you're being obtuse.

How about you answer the same question I asked Syryana and Natirasha. How will your reads change when I flip town?
Selkies
Selkies
Mafia Scum
Selkies
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1101 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:09 pm

Post by Selkies »

Magua not questioning me makes me feel unloved :(
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1102 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:17 pm

Post by Magua »

You're already providing content.

Whereas Natirasha is "lol I read Twilight" and walked into a bar is "Imma be ambiguous about whether I got the joke or not, but I'm sure as shit not going to talk about anything else"
walked into a club
walked into a club
Goon
walked into a club
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1103 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:26 pm

Post by walked into a club »

Oh I got the joke. I think I would know better than you ;)

How about we see what you flip first rather than useless speculation of "what if" scenarios? Not that I think you will be flipping town at all because your slot has been reading scummy to me before the replace out, then him fleeing after he got cornered didn't help my read either and your posts aren't so hot either. [inb4confbais]
Selkies
Selkies
Mafia Scum
Selkies
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1104 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:38 pm

Post by Selkies »

what don't you like about mag's posting
Selkies
Selkies
Mafia Scum
Selkies
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1105 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:39 pm

Post by Selkies »

your test is retired, cabd.
penguin_alien
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1106 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:19 pm

Post by penguin_alien »

Magua, if you're town, claim before the battery runs so low we have no choice but to lynch you to avoid a no-lynch irrespective of your claim.
In post 1095, Selkies wrote:
In post 1090, penguin_alien wrote:I'm aware, but I disagree. What do you think of it?
I think it's contrived.

Also fery thinks syry is town and I trust her ability to read her hydra partners. Despite whatever I dislike about her play.

What policy is this?
So Syryana's not knowing I was a claimed and effectively confirmed mason was contrived in your opinion, which I assume you think comes from scum. But ffery thinks Syryana is town, so you're going with that. Even though you don't like ffery's play, despite having chosen to hydra for this game?

I genuinely do not get your read. What I am getting is that you-orcinus think he's scum, but you're going to ignore this in favor of your-ffery's read. Which means you can pull out your scum read at your convenience.

What's the benefit for scum-Syryana to pretend not to know I was a mason?
In post 1085, Selkies wrote:Yes. You are conftown. I never suggested otherwise. Which means that I value your reads as one that I know to be coming as from town. Given that I'm still trying to get my reads sorted as a result of not being in the game, yours would be helpful to give me something to build on.

I want to work with you, not be your goddamn lap dog. And I've laid down quite clearly that I want to see Magua-scum before I'm willing to vote the slot. That's not rolling over. That's refusing to do so.
I actually had documented my opinions on several other players, including Syryana, Natirasha, and kayne. My ISO is still pretty short. If you really wanted to put your head together with mine without reading the whole game, why not just read my D2 posts and work from there? I'm not interested in lap dogs either, and I've put enough out there for anyone who wants to to meet me partway.

You knew my strongest read going into this and yet had no interest in it despite Garmr scum-claiming via his replace-out post. Because he got replaced, whoopee. It's like going to see a production of Hamlet, being disappointed at the massive casualties, and coming back to see it with a new actor in the lead role with the hope that it'll end differently this time. Spoiler alert: everyone's still going to die. Doesn't matter who's playing Hamlet, the character's still an idiot. And so it is here: Garmr was scum, so Magua, genuinely amusing though he is, is still scum.
Selkies
Selkies
Mafia Scum
Selkies
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1107 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:30 pm

Post by Selkies »

In post 1025, Selkies wrote:I think Bo needs more suspicion
No he doesn't.
In post 1034, Selkies wrote:
In post 1031, penguin_alien wrote:
In post 914, Selkies wrote:
In post 912, walked into a club wrote:
In post 909, Garmr wrote:Yeh PA your completely wrong you should know my scum game I completely smashed you with it in the past.
Yeah i agree with Cabd/PA you need rope.

I don't like this at all.
i concur with this sentiment

i like nati's 904. although it's pretty absurd premise (depeding on how you arrive at it), it's something I found myself doing in large normal.
orcinus, if this was you, what changed?
Ugh

Ok so I fucking hate how waffly this sounds but I didn't like garmrs posting, but I think Magua is town and I think that if I were up for a garmr vote I'd have to be convinced Magua is scum.
I'll take remedial mafia classes if garmr flips scum.
In post 1065, The Purple Plague wrote:I am particularly dissatisfied with the disappearance of two people whose input I value very much.
I'd like to think I'm one of them. I'll be around tomorrow.
In post 1064, penguin_alien wrote:
In post 1047, Selkies wrote:
In post 1042, penguin_alien wrote:
In post 1040, Selkies wrote:Also I have debate prep like 5 minutes ago but can you shoot me a reads list with a short sentence explanation for each
How do you see this helping you?
Gives me people to look at. Do you see withholding this particularly protown
Blergh, I suppose you're right. See the following (although I don't have the energy to add the explanations) and tell me what you think:

T -> S: TPP, kanye, WIAC, Selkies, LLD, DDD, Syryana, Magua, Natirasha
Your posts to date don't really reflect this ranking. What has changed your mind?
penguin_alien
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1108 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:50 pm

Post by penguin_alien »

In post 1107, Selkies wrote:
In post 1040, Selkies wrote:Also I have debate prep like 5 minutes ago but can you shoot me a reads list with a short sentence explanation for each
Blergh, I suppose you're right. See the following (although I don't have the energy to add the explanations) and tell me what you think:

Your posts to date don't really reflect this ranking. What has changed your mind?
In post 1075, Selkies wrote:

i dropped fery a quick note last night and she confirmed what i thought

i feel midly insulted by this
???
Selkies
Selkies
Mafia Scum
Selkies
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1109 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:00 pm

Post by Selkies »

My impression of your reads is that you have garmr and us as scumbuddies. And you're suspicious of Nati. Also, TTP is higher in that list than your posts indicate.

Trajectory is a thing.
penguin_alien
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1110 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:09 pm

Post by penguin_alien »

What did you confirm for orcinus?
Selkies
Selkies
Mafia Scum
Selkies
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1111 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:14 pm

Post by Selkies »

I told him I thought you are scumreading us.

Your list doesn't reflect that. I think he felt like his intelligence was being insulted.
penguin_alien
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1112 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:17 pm

Post by penguin_alien »

What did you think of TPP's response to the reads list? Which yes, was strategically faked BS. And it wasn't an insult to his intelligence, but rather me taking advantage of the situation to garner other reactions. If he really wanted to discuss some of my reads, he could have gotten them from my ISO, so I don't feel badly about it.
Selkies
Selkies
Mafia Scum
Selkies
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1113 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:27 pm

Post by Selkies »

They didn't respond directly to it that I recall.
Selkies
Selkies
Mafia Scum
Selkies
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1114 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:28 pm

Post by Selkies »

And yeah, looking through their ISO, I see discussion of their own reads and a push on Syr about his DDD read.
penguin_alien
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1115 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:32 pm

Post by penguin_alien »

In post 1073, The Purple Plague wrote:Peng: why are we at the top of your reads list? above whatever living mason-partner you may have left?

also explain Magua and Syry
Here ya go.
Selkies
Selkies
Mafia Scum
Selkies
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1116 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:36 pm

Post by Selkies »

Ah.

I'd rather not speculate out loud on the first part. I was surprised that Syr was that low in your list, too. As far as Magua goes, neither of your stances surprise me.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1117 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:42 am

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

I'm curious as to why people are townreading kanye. I'll admit to not knowing his meta other than by reputation he's a much better player than typist but I see a player who was on the mislynch yesterday and who mostly today has sat back and asked questions, voted me which is a bad vote and voted Syr and while I don't consider that a bad vote there's been no serious push in that direction and the one point brought up about Syr is pretty dodgy and feels like a lame application of LAL and nothing more.
penguin_alien
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1118 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:46 am

Post by penguin_alien »

In post 1117, Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:I'm curious as to why people are townreading kanye. I'll admit to not knowing his meta other than by reputation he's a much better player than typist but I see a player who was on the mislynch yesterday and who mostly today has sat back and asked questions, voted me which is a bad vote and voted Syr and while I don't consider that a bad vote there's been no serious push in that direction and the one point brought up about Syr is pretty dodgy and feels like a lame application of LAL and nothing more.
--Both the major wagons at the end of yesterday were mislynches. Pointing fingers for being on one rather than the other is rather useless.

--What's the purpose behind kanye having hammered Smudger to end the TPP-Selkies convo as scum?

--If Syryana isn't a bad vote in your opinion, what reasons do you think would justify it, since you find kanye's point dodgy?

--Garmr-Magua is scum.

--Following from that, why would kanye help provoke Garmr into his meltdown/flounce and let him utterly destroy the slot if he could have been coaching him from inside their scum QT in real time instead?

--Why aren't you voting?
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1119 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:53 am

Post by Syryana »

Unexpectedly busy today, will catch up as soon as able
In the timeless words of a great and revered man: "Blow it out your ass."
A hydra of Rift Adrift, Oil Tycoons and Trust Fund. "In the Oil Rift we Trust."
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1120 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:35 am

Post by Magua »

penguin_alien wrote:Magua, if you're town, claim before the battery runs so low we have no choice but to lynch you to avoid a no-lynch irrespective of your claim.
No.

If I'm going to get lynched, claiming my role will not stop me from being lynched.
If I'm not going to get lynched, claiming my role helps scum because then, you see, they know my role.

So since there's no benefit in claiming, not going to.
walked into a club wrote:Oh I got the joke. I think I would know better than you ;)

How about we see what you flip first rather than useless speculation of "what if" scenarios? Not that I think you will be flipping town at all because your slot has been reading scummy to me before the replace out, then him fleeing after he got cornered didn't help my read either and your posts aren't so hot either. [inb4confbais]
I honestly don't give a shit if you got the joke. It was a throwaway joke.

I give a shit that of everything that was posted, that was the *only* thing you bothered to respond to. Which makes your post thought process, as near as I can tell, "La la la, pages of stuff, la la la, content, la la la, oh, look, Magua made a joke, let's ask him about that! Welp, there, posted a one liner, time for bed!"

You know what I do give a shit about? You classifying this speculation as "useless" when the WHOLE FUCKING POINT is to get you to illuminate your thought process and, here's the key part, show where your thought process will take you AFTER I FUCKING FLIP TOWN.

I simply cannot believe that you do not understand this.

It's very simple, so I'll use small words.

You say what
you'll
you will think when I flip town.

If I flip scum, as
you're
you are sure
I'll
I will do, THEN IT DOESN'T FUCKING MATTER AND HOLY SHIT TOWN GOT SOME MORE CONTENT SO HOORAY.

The only reason *not* to do it is if you don't want to tie yourself down to reads you know you're going to have to own up to, and you want to keep your strategic wagon options open.

Oops, sorry, I used some bigger words there. Let me know if you have trouble.

Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:I'm curious as to why people are townreading kanye. I'll admit to not knowing his meta other than by reputation he's a much better player than typist but I see a player who was on the mislynch yesterday and who mostly today has sat back and asked questions, voted me which is a bad vote and voted Syr and while I don't consider that a bad vote there's been no serious push in that direction and the one point brought up about Syr is pretty dodgy and feels like a lame application of LAL and nothing more.
To be utterly frank, why do you care about whether people are townreading kanye or not when you're not even getting off your ass enough to vote him yourself?

If you think he's scum, say he's scum. Don't pull this weak-assed crap.

Perhaps you could also go that extra mile and say what you think about me, because that would also be grand.

---

Seriously, what the fuck is it with everyone aside from penguin, Selkies, and half of Syryana in terms of actively trying to avoid providing content here? Half of y'all are barely posting and the other half post while specifically avoiding providing content.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1121 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:47 am

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

In post 1118, penguin_alien wrote:--Both the major wagons at the end of yesterday were mislynches. Pointing fingers for being on one rather than the other is rather useless.
Yeah, but the Smudger wagon sucked and your wagon was fine for reasons already detailed by me; it's not that they were both probably mislynches it's that the Smudger wagon sucked and your wagon was justified it was just probably wrong.
In post 1118, penguin_alien wrote:--What's the purpose behind kanye having hammered Smudger to end the TPP-Selkies convo as scum?
I can start with A) to make sure a mislynch happens and B) why does he have to care about that at all, not everything is connected to everything.
In post 1118, penguin_alien wrote:--If Syryana isn't a bad vote in your opinion, what reasons do you think would justify it, since you find kanye's point dodgy?
He isn't a bad vote because he's not me and he's not a town read; if I felt he was a good vote my vote would be on him.
In post 1118, penguin_alien wrote:--Following from that, why would kanye help provoke Garmr into his meltdown/flounce and let him utterly destroy the slot if he could have been coaching him from inside their scum QT in real time instead?
Why are we assuming scum have daytalk, that seems an unneeded and strange assumption.
In post 1118, penguin_alien wrote:--Why aren't you voting?
Because the people I'd be most tempted to vote are either widely viewed as town or simply not here; that means there's basically no chance they achieve a critical mass and my vote is no better than not voting at that point. I guess I could point at it and pretend I'm "doing something" but again I feel absolutely no need to posture right now and play for style points.
penguin_alien
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1122 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:02 am

Post by penguin_alien »

I'm assuming scum have daytalk because the masons do, as I think I've hinted quite clearly. If we have three masons with daytalk against three Mafia without daytalk, I feel very sad for Mafia.

Can you please read Garmr's replace-out post and see why it does not come from town? I'd explain, but I think it's reasonably apparent.

LLD and kanye are absent at present, but I'd be up for discussing your reads on those slots--they're among the least certain for me. Which universal town read(s) do you think are scum?
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1123 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:14 am

Post by Magua »

penguin_alien, look.

You're wrong about my slot, but it's cool. I've been wrong on slots too, so I'm not worked up on you, because you're putting in effort and stuff.

But holy shit, you really need to stop basing reads on other people (eg kanye) based on me being scum, because that's going to confbias all the rest of your reads, and then wjhen I flip town you're going to keep on to those reads.

@DDD:
And with the battery at 32%, so we're like, what, 3-4 rl days out from deadline, when do you plan on either commenting on my wagon or trying to create a counterwagon? I have no idea who the people in your "the people I'd be most tempted to vote are either widely viewed as town or simply not here" are. I'm assuming you think kanye is scum but not voting him, although you do seem to be trying to get others (eg penguin) to vote him.

What catalyst, really, are you waiting for before you do something?
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #1124 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:27 am

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

Hello friends, I am now home.

I will be spending the next two days getting whatever toxic shit I have out of my system in addition to reading the game.
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”