NY 169: The EPIC XD Mafia Game of Greatness (Game Over)

Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5050 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:31 am

Post by Generic »

In post 5048, Casso the King of Seals wrote:Eventually, the tide will win. Every post I make is a wave crashing against the beach of the scumteam; I guarantee there will be a hell of a whiplash against all the silence that's currently around me because no one is going to look at this lynch and go "meh, he deserved it".
THIS is the nacho I used to love. Why have I had to request his presence to see that attitude come through?

And as for your point about people not stepping up lkike you would have wanted, that's why I have been wanting this. Twice I have tried to engage with you to see what you have in you, and twice circumstance stopped any interaction. As for the rest that's part of what feels off, I haven't seen the rutting stags checking eachother out in this beyond my own little bubble, so are you blaming them rather than you?

BRO has recently shown he will throw out a wide vague net to allow him to point a finger of suspicion on someone yet not get his hands dirty to do it. That's leaves a shitty taste in the mouth.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #5051 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:47 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 4959, DOMO wrote:I suppose. I wish you'd have let him answer that. But I still find it weird because I don't feel like I benifitted from tammy's death, we'd be better off if she were still alive, so I don't see how that mindset is town.
As has been pointed out this is roughly 10 million miles from being a slip; in fact I almost like it b/c I'd expect scum to avoid that wording slash think more carefully about it.
In post 4967, Casso the King of Seals wrote:
In post 4897, Cephrir wrote:UNVOTE:
VOTE: Ser Arthur Dayne

Not as confident as I once was here, but I like it better than anything else.
Why not Desp, Cephrir?
I had a light townread on him but would vote him over you if that's what it comes down to. However, from my experience with him this game is so out of character that I have to think apathetic town. I'd be more likely to lynch Muffin, his counterpart, who I've seen be apathetic elsewhere.
In post 4983, Casso the King of Seals wrote:
In post 4978, Bert wrote:Do you see parallels between his hydra play in Faraday's uPick and this game as a solo? If so, how
I see more parallels to his normal scum game than I do to his hydra play in ASOIAF. In both games I remember playing against Desp as scum (Wingate and Xenogears), he's had fits of activity but eventually fell completely below the surface. Here it's fairly similar; he's still pushing cases and he still has cases, but there's no effort to sort anything out or step it up at all even though a few people he feels are scum are completely under the radar in the consensus.
I actually literally don't think Desp could be playing less like he did in ASOIAF... making Bert's post kind of weird...
In post 4986, Generic wrote:
In post 4950, Desperado wrote:
In post 4949, pieguyn wrote:fwiw if Casso is town then SAD is scum

also, if Tammy is good at reading casso that might explain the tammy kill 0.0
tammy is good at reading 75% of this playerlist. we all benefitted from her death.

Wow.

Just, wow.

That's one hell of a slip.

vote desperado
You've just jumped from a decent townread to almost deserving a bus.jpg
In post 4989, Casso the King of Seals wrote:
In post 4925, pieguyn wrote:
In post 4890, Casso the King of Seals wrote:He's been creating a theory where I coach SSK into intentionally acting scummy in order to take the heat off me (instead of reiterating the original push on him) and his entire case on me is based on that and how more people aren't currently voting me. And then when I point out that the basis of his case (scum aren't jumping on Nacho, thus Nacho is scum) is wrong, he accuses me of not scumhunting and doesn't actually address anything that I brought forward.
afaik he had more on you than this. iirc he did before and he certainly does now. someone tell me if I'm wrong plz
If he had more on me, what is it?
also, explain your zmuffin read? I don't get it. looking through your ISO I remember stuff like this
In post 4394, Casso the King of Seals wrote:I measured to the 26th. Site downtime hasn't affected anyone else incredibly significantly, so I didn't think that it affected you that horribly. I think the difference is still important even when considering holidays.
but now it say his excuses for apathy are valid, and then also say it's "not what you'd expect from town muffin", when said apathy was iirc p much the whole reason for this. explain why the flip flop plz. and if that's not it then what other reservations are you having about him?
I agree that I was probably being a little bit too harsh in 4394 with Muffin earlier apathy. I have explained why I don't really think that an apathetic Muffin in this playlist is a townMuffin, but basic reasoning is that he usually enjoys town more than scum unless he has VIs to sort through, which frustrate him. In this game, there are no VIs and so I would expect him to enjoy sorting through all of this, but there's no sign of anything in his ISO. Where has Muffin actively scumhunted in this game? What has he contributed? Nothing, nothing. And I am completely aware that he can contribute more as either alignment, but I don't see why he hasn't contributed more here considering the usual complaints and obstacles aren't in place. Before, it was site downtime and holidays which is an "okay, fair enough". Now site downtime is done with, holidays are over... Why isn't Muffin stepping up?
Yes, this. On the other hand he was pretty apathetic in Fire Emblem too.
In post 5001, Bert wrote:Nachos to disingenuous in the past few pages

Vote: Casso

Kaboom. Lollapalooza
What? How? Bert why are you making me doubt you =(
In post 5020, Generic wrote:
In post 5013, BROseidon wrote:

tammy is good at reading 75% of this playerlist. we all benefitted from her death.

Wow.

Just, wow.

vote desperado
I want to lynch this now :/
Get in line.

And such a bold statement without the fucking vote. Never had you down as a pussy bro. Testing the water to see who will join you?
This reaction sucks. Get in line? There wasn't a line until this post. That makes this whole post sound like fake aggression to me.
In post 5041, Generic wrote:
In post 5038, Sakura Hana wrote:Why don't you trust casso then? I've had a fairly strong townread on them that only faltered like once.
Read my response to nacho. This isn't the nacho I expect, with a swagger and determination to see a scum read swing. And I couple that with the 'thor said it' get out clause to any inconsistency to be rather convenient, along with the timing of the SSK wagon against theirs.

But I still have doubts. I just find his lack of bite even when I exchange words with him a bit shitty.

Tell me why he is town
Oh please. You think they're lying about who posted what in a game with several players who can very easily tell them apart? Please.
In post 5047, Bert wrote:Heh.

Nacho deserves a gold star for effort this game, that's for sure. Regardless of alignment or whether he dies or not.
Oddly enough, I've only seen this much effort from him once before! I wooooonder what game you've apparently read I could poooosssibly be referring to?
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Bert
Bert
Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra
Bert

Post Post #5052 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:48 am

Post by Bert »

I didn't read Faraday's game. I kept up super casually
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5053 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:49 am

Post by pieguyn »

In post 5046, Casso the King of Seals wrote:
In post 5032, pieguyn wrote:I read the "slip" as "we all benefit from her death on the assumption we're scum", so not really a slip

either way, I'm fine with this, although I still prefer SAD. but it's mostly bc of a tinfoil hat theory I'm working on so I'll join if need be
Have you reread Desperado yet, or are you still clearing him town based on hazy feelings?
no I'm fine with lynching Desp if it comes down to it. I agree he's not much of a presence in this game and he's not really doing much of anything or pushing anyone. the only experience I have with him is fast and furious but I was scum in there (plus he was mason and buddied his partner hard in thread) so I don't have any experience pesonally reading him, but the fact that so many other people agree with this and agree it's a scumtell for him makes me feel p good about lynching him. however, I still prefer SAD
Bert
Bert
Bert

Post Post #5054 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:50 am

Post by Bert »

It's okay Ceph, we are both doubting each other.
Casso the King of Seals
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5055 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:01 pm

Post by Casso the King of Seals »

In post 5050, Generic wrote:
In post 5048, Casso the King of Seals wrote:Eventually, the tide will win. Every post I make is a wave crashing against the beach of the scumteam; I guarantee there will be a hell of a whiplash against all the silence that's currently around me because no one is going to look at this lynch and go "meh, he deserved it".
THIS is the nacho I used to love. Why have I had to request his presence to see that attitude come through?

And as for your point about people not stepping up lkike you would have wanted, that's why I have been wanting this. Twice I have tried to engage with you to see what you have in you, and twice circumstance stopped any interaction. As for the rest that's part of what feels off, I haven't seen the rutting stags checking eachother out in this beyond my own little bubble, so are you blaming them rather than you?

BRO has recently shown he will throw out a wide vague net to allow him to point a finger of suspicion on someone yet not get his hands dirty to do it. That's leaves a shitty taste in the mouth.
I don't know why you haven't seen the Nacho factor than you've been looking for because it's certainly been there.

I do "blame them rather than me" because I've been omnipresent in this game and there's really no reason why people wouldn't engage with me. Did you have problems picking a fight with me as soon as you were able?
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5056 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:11 pm

Post by Generic »

When I have ever had problems fighting?

But I take exception to 'picking' a fight. Just because someone acts like a fucking idiot doesn't mean I set out to throw down.
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #5057 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:15 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

I've seen the Nacho factor in this game before, so idk what Generic's going on about.

He might as well be the one who's busing Des and depcting you as busing so he can easily trade Desp for you in a way to take down a strong town player.

Tho first i'd need to see Desp flip.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5058 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:20 pm

Post by Generic »

In post 5051, Cephrir wrote:
In post 4959, DOMO wrote:I suppose. I wish you'd have let him answer that. But I still find it weird because I don't feel like I benifitted from tammy's death, we'd be better off if she were still alive, so I don't see how that mindset is town.
As has been pointed out this is roughly 10 million miles from being a slip; in fact I almost like it b/c I'd expect scum to avoid that wording slash think more carefully about it.
In post 4967, Casso the King of Seals wrote:
In post 4897, Cephrir wrote:UNVOTE:
VOTE: Ser Arthur Dayne

Not as confident as I once was here, but I like it better than anything else.
Why not Desp, Cephrir?
I had a light townread on him but would vote him over you if that's what it comes down to. However, from my experience with him this game is so out of character that I have to think apathetic town. I'd be more likely to lynch Muffin, his counterpart, who I've seen be apathetic elsewhere.
In post 4983, Casso the King of Seals wrote:
In post 4978, Bert wrote:Do you see parallels between his hydra play in Faraday's uPick and this game as a solo? If so, how
I see more parallels to his normal scum game than I do to his hydra play in ASOIAF. In both games I remember playing against Desp as scum (Wingate and Xenogears), he's had fits of activity but eventually fell completely below the surface. Here it's fairly similar; he's still pushing cases and he still has cases, but there's no effort to sort anything out or step it up at all even though a few people he feels are scum are completely under the radar in the consensus.
I actually literally don't think Desp could be playing less like he did in ASOIAF... making Bert's post kind of weird...

Wow.

Just, wow.

vote desperado
You've just jumped from a decent townread to almost deserving a bus.jpg
In post 4989, Casso the King of Seals wrote:
In post 4925, pieguyn wrote:
In post 4890, Casso the King of Seals wrote:He's been creating a theory where I coach SSK into intentionally acting scummy in order to take the heat off me (instead of reiterating the original push on him) and his entire case on me is based on that and how more people aren't currently voting me. And then when I point out that the basis of his case (scum aren't jumping on Nacho, thus Nacho is scum) is wrong, he accuses me of not scumhunting and doesn't actually address anything that I brought forward.
afaik he had more on you than this. iirc he did before and he certainly does now. someone tell me if I'm wrong plz
If he had more on me, what is it?
also, explain your zmuffin read? I don't get it. looking through your ISO I remember stuff like this
In post 4394, Casso the King of Seals wrote:I measured to the 26th. Site downtime hasn't affected anyone else incredibly significantly, so I didn't think that it affected you that horribly. I think the difference is still important even when considering holidays.
but now it say his excuses for apathy are valid, and then also say it's "not what you'd expect from town muffin", when said apathy was iirc p much the whole reason for this. explain why the flip flop plz. and if that's not it then what other reservations are you having about him?
I agree that I was probably being a little bit too harsh in 4394 with Muffin earlier apathy. I have explained why I don't really think that an apathetic Muffin in this playlist is a townMuffin, but basic reasoning is that he usually enjoys town more than scum unless he has VIs to sort through, which frustrate him. In this game, there are no VIs and so I would expect him to enjoy sorting through all of this, but there's no sign of anything in his ISO. Where has Muffin actively scumhunted in this game? What has he contributed? Nothing, nothing. And I am completely aware that he can contribute more as either alignment, but I don't see why he hasn't contributed more here considering the usual complaints and obstacles aren't in place. Before, it was site downtime and holidays which is an "okay, fair enough". Now site downtime is done with, holidays are over... Why isn't Muffin stepping up?
Yes, this. On the other hand he was pretty apathetic in Fire Emblem too.
In post 5001, Bert wrote:Nachos to disingenuous in the past few pages

Vote: Casso

Kaboom. Lollapalooza
What? How? Bert why are you making me doubt you =(
In post 5020, Generic wrote:
In post 5013, BROseidon wrote:

Wow.

Just, wow.

vote desperado
I want to lynch this now :/
Get in line.

And such a bold statement without the fucking vote. Never had you down as a pussy bro. Testing the water to see who will join you?
This reaction sucks. Get in line? There wasn't a line until this post. That makes this whole post sound like fake aggression to me.
In post 5041, Generic wrote:
In post 5038, Sakura Hana wrote:Why don't you trust casso then? I've had a fairly strong townread on them that only faltered like once.
Read my response to nacho. This isn't the nacho I expect, with a swagger and determination to see a scum read swing. And I couple that with the 'thor said it' get out clause to any inconsistency to be rather convenient, along with the timing of the SSK wagon against theirs.

But I still have doubts. I just find his lack of bite even when I exchange words with him a bit shitty.

Tell me why he is town
Oh please. You think they're lying about who posted what in a game with several players who can very easily tell them apart? Please.
In post 5047, Bert wrote:Heh.

Nacho deserves a gold star for effort this game, that's for sure. Regardless of alignment or whether he dies or not.
Oddly enough, I've only seen this much effort from him once before! I wooooonder what game you've apparently read I could poooosssibly be referring to?
Same tired old shit cephrir.

Sounds fake? Come back when you have something original.

And yet another fucking pussy post. You got a vote, threatening to wave it at me does little more than make me point out you are a pussy.

I literally don't care what you think of my reaction to desperado. The fact it came AFTER several of you lost your mind that anyone would dare put pressure on desp over it didn't bother me and I still made that call, so now you and bro want to see who else might want to wagon me before commiting to a fucking action and I'm supposed to do what? Apologise? Row the line wih the wagon you prefer? Lol.

Crawl back under your rock cephrir.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5059 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:22 pm

Post by Cephrir »

VOTE: generic
Bartleby the Scrivener
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5060 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:23 pm

Post by Generic »

In post 5057, Sakura Hana wrote:I've seen the Nacho factor in this game before, so idk what Generic's going on about.

He might as well be the one who's busing Des and depcting you as busing so he can easily trade Desp for you in a way to take down a strong town player.

Tho first i'd need to see Desp flip.
Who's the he and the you there?
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5061 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:23 pm

Post by Generic »

In post 5059, Cephrir wrote:VOTE: generic
At last you grew some balls.

Your turn bro.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5062 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:24 pm

Post by Cephrir »

If you think no one is allowed to suspect you unless they're voting you, you may need to go back to the road to rome

Alternatively, you're trying really hard to look like emotional/aggressive town. Yeah I'm gonna go with that one.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5063 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:25 pm

Post by Cephrir »

By the way, if you say you were reaction testing, I'm calling bullshit and voting you more.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5064 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:27 pm

Post by Generic »

In post 5063, Cephrir wrote:By the way, if you say you were reaction testing, I'm calling bullshit and voting you more.

Oh look, closing the door. Why am I not surprised.

You are atypical cephrir, I've seen your species before. Thanks for playing.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5065 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:30 pm

Post by Cephrir »

I have no idea what the fuck you're going on about
Bartleby the Scrivener
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5066 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:36 pm

Post by Generic »

I didn't think you would understand. It's mafia game theory, you have shown nothing to make me believe you have a clue.

Closing the door - to pre empt what the person you are arguing with will post next to spin such a response as scummy. Generally seen as a scum tactic because of the nature of its purpose, to promote your opponent as scummy by creating a supposed template of how a scum player would respond.

In other words, trying to paint me into a corner for your own personal gain in the arguement.

Maybe you need a mentor cephrir.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5067 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:51 pm

Post by Cephrir »

Please, tell me more about how you're so good at this game while calling something a town player is doing a scum tactic.

You can babble about scum tactics all you want, and since I seem to have guessed your response correctly I suppose that's pretty much all you felt you could do. At the end of the day, I have a town role PM, so I don't care and in fact have only confirmed my suspicions that you're an idiot.

Of course, I made that guess because your response was to patently retarded I couldn't imagine what else you would say except "lol jk backing out". I daresay you probably made the original post in the hopes you would get to say exactly what you've said thus far. My only question is why you'd make this random attack in presumably an attempt to lynch me (a very lynchable player, especially now that Nacho won't be as likely to stand up for me after the conclusion of asoiaf; and anyone can see I'm rather weak at defending myself just from this thread) now, unless it's to stop the desperado wagon.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5068 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:51 pm

Post by Cephrir »

By the way, you can shove your patronizing attitude up your ass.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5069 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:54 pm

Post by Generic »

In post 5067, Cephrir wrote:Please, tell me more about how you're so good at this game while calling something a town player is doing a scum tactic.

You can babble about scum tactics all you want, and since I seem to have guessed your response correctly I suppose that's pretty much all you felt you could do. At the end of the day, I have a town role PM, so I don't care and in fact have only confirmed my suspicions that you're an idiot.

Of course, I made that guess because your response was to patently retarded I couldn't imagine what else you would say except "lol jk backing out". I daresay you probably made the original post in the hopes you would get to say exactly what you've said thus far. My only question is why you'd make this random attack in presumably an attempt to lynch me (a very lynchable player, especially now that Nacho won't be as likely to stand up for me after the conclusion of asoiaf; and anyone can see I'm rather weak at defending myself just from this thread) now, unless it's to stop the desperado wagon.

When did I say it was a reaction test?

I had to goad you into voting me, and when you finally crumbled because you were in focus you attempted to close the foot not once, but twice.

The fact you failed makes it even more pathetic.

But go tell me more about how you are town. It's such a lovely story.
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5070 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:54 pm

Post by Generic »

*close the door.

Love you iphone
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5071 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:56 pm

Post by Generic »

Oh, and the 'woe is me, I'm such a victim' schtick... Lol
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5072 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:57 pm

Post by Cephrir »

Oh, now I'm crumbling. Interesting, I don't feel very crumbly. Apparently you think getting a vote is some sort of victory though. I didn't vote you because you told me to. I voted you because 5058 legitimately convinced me you're scum.

I would preemptively laugh about how certain you apparently are I'm scum (even though you aren't voting me, lol), but you obviously are one of those massive-ego "oh he was bad town and deserved it" types, so I won't bother.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5073 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:57 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 5071, Generic wrote:Oh, and the 'woe is me, I'm such a victim' schtick... Lol
Hi. I'm Cephrir. It seems you've never read any of my posts.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5074 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:58 pm

Post by Cephrir »

But yes, it's pretty obvious you are deliberately trying to make a scapegoat out of me. I'm surprised you're pretending the contrary.
Bartleby the Scrivener

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”