NY 169: The EPIC XD Mafia Game of Greatness (Game Over)

zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4875 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:44 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

bro wrote:I still have a gut-scumread on Ceph.
:/ was kinda hoping for more here. i like ceph for town mostly because the lack of confidence in his posts and the way he's responding to people looks townish. i also liked some of the stuff he was saying in the quote walls at some point earlier in the game when he was playing catch-up
koreanbbq wrote:I asked for a bullet case earlier on them to see if I agreed or not on the case
i don't really have a case, just things i don't like about nacho. mostly to do with the way he's been forming his reads and the way he's been responding to me (and a lot of this has to do with the awkward way he's approached reading me this game after being scum with me twice recently)

why do you wanna lynch bert over casso or ssk?
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
Empire
Empire
Mafia Scum
Empire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4876 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:26 am

Post by Empire »

Day 2, Votecount 28
Casso the King of Seals (5)
-
goodmorning, DOMO, Norlkaz, BROseidon, Generic

MafiaSSK (5)
-
geists, Desperado, Casso the King of Seals, Sakura Hana, Cephrir

Bert (2)
-
KoreanBBQ, Ser Arthur Dayne

Desperado (1)
-
MC Maraca

Ser Arthur Dayne (1)
-
pieguyn

Cephrir (1)
-
F-16_Fighting_Falcon

Not Voting (3)
-
MafiaSSK, zMuffinMan, Bert

With 18 alive, it takes 10 to lynch! Deadline is on January 11th at 10:10 AM EST (expired on 2014-01-11 11:10:12)

Mod Notes
-
fferyllt head of geists is V/LA until the 8th. goodmorning is V/LA until Tuesday. GuyInFreezer head of KoreanBBQ is V/LA until Friday.
DOMO
DOMO
Mafia Scum
DOMO
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4877 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:32 am

Post by DOMO »

Interesting that SSK is not voting for the other wagon. Surely town doc doesn't give a crap who gets lynched so long as it's not him, right?

SSK entered the game with an insta read lists, claiming to have been reading the game because awesome playerlist. Yet as soon as he claims doc he goes into hiding, popping up to vote SC, a town read of his, because deadline, and then emergin today to occasionally make some half arsed defence and then back into hiding. Obvious scum is obvious.

So why isn't he on the casso wagon guys?
DOMO
DOMO
Mafia Scum
DOMO
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4878 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:35 am

Post by DOMO »

Also, huge props to empire for the relentless VC updates. Best mod I've seen so far.
Ser Arthur Dayne
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4879 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:48 am

Post by Ser Arthur Dayne »

In post 4843, Cephrir wrote:
In post 4836, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:
In post 4829, Bert wrote:This will support the notion that I'm "deciding" which of my "partners SSK and NACHO" to bus.
Good point.

We can start by lynching you since you're obviously dragging your team down by being so obvious.
A) Elaborate; why is Bert scum?
B) You still haven't explained your sudden flip on me and it's not OK. It has also conincided with pressure on me decreasing/it becoming clear I am unlikely to be lynched today.
A) I've already did this. And like his most recent posts that isn't him complaining about how long the game is are all trash.
B) Oh, it actually is perfectly okay. Also there was literally never enough pressure for you to actually get lynched (at least not before I started attacking you?) so the latter point is stupid and silly.

Basically if you haven't noticed yet I like to reaction test people. A lot. Feel free to ask Tammy, she's pretty familiar with my meta ;)
vezokpiraka: If you are playing on EUNE we can duo.
chesskid3: I play on NA because i enjoy my freedom.
DOMO
DOMO
Mafia Scum
DOMO
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4880 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:50 am

Post by DOMO »

In post 4879, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:Feel free to ask Tammy, she's pretty familiar with my meta
vomit
DOMO
DOMO
Mafia Scum
DOMO
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4881 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:53 am

Post by DOMO »

Oh god I think to myself "hey let's finish a casso ISO" and then I see I'm only 1/4 of the way through. Can we just lynch him and save me the bother? He's fucking scum, otherwise SSKscum would be on his wagon like a bad rash.
Bert
Bert
Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra
Bert

Post Post #4882 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:23 am

Post by Bert »

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

GUESS WHO'S BACK WITH HIS LAPPY AND INTERNET ACCESS ON CAMPUS AFTER A MONTH AWAY JUST IN TIME BEFORE HE GETS LYNCHEDDDDDDDD

THIS DUMMY YESSSSSSSSSSS CATCHUP POSTS COMING TONIGHT

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Bert
Bert
Bert

Post Post #4883 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:24 am

Post by Bert »

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

do you know how I have longed for this moment

how I have yearned to be in your presence
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4884 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:06 am

Post by F-16_Fighting_Falcon »

In post 4870, Generic wrote:Pie, that's not a ringing endorsement from you.

I don't trust you altogether, much like you KBBQ will post something very town and then go the other way. His current defence on casso now he is lead wagon is a concern.

In fact, several of you have now come out in defence of casso, I have thrown it out there but give me the best alternative. I don't want a town casso lynched but this feels like a scum hydra. But that is not a certainty read because it relies on others being scum...

Fuck this game, I will wait got responses from casso/KBBQ/pie/anyone else defending casso right now.

In fact, f16, I want you to talk to me here, give me what you are seeing from the game state at this moment in time, I want guidance and you have yet to have input with me.
I am not seeing any progression of gamestate and feel somewhat tuned out at the moment. I have a strong scumread on SSK and am fairly certain he is scum. I have concerns about Casso as well that I put forth. Nacho has been addressing the suspicion on him but I don't see Nacho doing what Nacho does as town: wreck scumteams. He is just not as engaged in scumhunting. I don't find his posts to be similar to the Perpetual Mylo game that Geists linked earlier. But it is not as obvious to me that they are scum as it is SSK. Plus, I'll spend several sleepless nights if I help lynch a Nacho hydra and he flips town after he spent a ton of effort getting MC and I to stop tunneling and get the game back on track. So, what if he is scum? He'll still be here tomorrow as will all of us other than DOMO. We can persue it then. I see no reason to let SSK live another day based off of speculation that he may be protecting a buddy. I get DOMO's point that Casso could be a more important PR for scum but it is speculation and I am not convinced.

I am just waiting for DOMO to post all of the analysis he can before we move onto lynch.
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4885 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:16 am

Post by MafiaSSK »

In post 4877, DOMO wrote:Interesting that SSK is not voting for the other wagon. Surely town doc doesn't give a crap who gets lynched so long as it's not him, right?

SSK entered the game with an insta read lists, claiming to have been reading the game because awesome playerlist. Yet as soon as he claims doc he goes into hiding, popping up to vote SC, a town read of his, because deadline, and then emergin today to occasionally make some half arsed defence and then back into hiding. Obvious scum is obvious.

So why isn't he on the casso wagon guys?
Do you just ignore my posts? I don't get why the wagon on Casso is even happening in the first place. There's been no case on him.

If there were anyone I could maybe get behind, it'd be Bert, bu that vote would be sort of hypocritical.
Call me "SSK, or "ssk". Mafia is my father.
DOMO
DOMO
Mafia Scum
DOMO
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4886 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:09 am

Post by DOMO »

In post 4884, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:I am just waiting for DOMO to post all of the analysis he can before we move onto lynch.
I'll have a two hour dive tonight and try to match that tomorrow, then we should probably decide. My concern isn't just that casso is more important to scum, indeed that is speculation, but on the other hand, if both are town, ssk is probably more important to town.
DOMO
DOMO
Mafia Scum
DOMO
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4887 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:09 am

Post by DOMO »

SSK, who do you think is more likely to be scum? You or casso?
Casso the King of Seals
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4888 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:17 am

Post by Casso the King of Seals »

In post 4839, DOMO wrote:nacho, SSK was at L-2 when it collapsed, and you're showing me the state of votes now?

And they'd want a lame duck doc dead because there's an outed gunsmith operating.

You're not this bad nacho. You reaching hard here.
I notice that there wasn't really a wagon on me until your latest push; the 4 man wagon earlier consisted of goodmorning (who is generally voting me for absolutely no reason), Norlkaz (because my reads list was doing work just to do work), Bert (???), and you (for you thinking certain Thor posts didn't make sense coming from me). That wagon dismantled by one and one exactly by the SSK wagon, which was caused by him not claiming to protect the claimed mason. People who have added onto the wagon are: BRO (sheeping you) and Generic (???). You keep wondering why there isn't a larger wagon on me and keep using that as something to push against me, but I don't have a bigger wagon on me because my wagon doesn't have legs. I'm sure scum will be happier to shuffle on to my wagon when deadline looms and my wagon actually has a chance of going through before then, but I doubt the numbers you're looking for will show up before then.
Casso the King of Seals
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4889 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:19 am

Pieguyn, can you show me one occurrence of any scum player ever telling another one to deliberately contradict themselves in order to push the wagon through?
Casso the King of Seals
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4890 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:21 am

In post 4846, pieguyn wrote:
@SER ARTHUR DAYNE:
you ignoring me TWICE is noted. I'll even link for your convenience

@zmuffin:
where are you currently at with SAD?
In post 4831, Casso the King of Seals wrote:I'm not "distracting you", I'm shutting down your case on me because it gets any farther.
Stand behind your case and defend it; stop trying to pick at how I'm defending myself and instead try sorting me.
oh god this is bad. I don't even know why but this first line feels fkin evil. probably just gut but w/e. and as for the second line, what do you think he's been doing for the last 10 pages? it seems like discrediting bc you're trying to imply he hasn't actually sorted you and he very clearly did. plus he's practically conftown so I don't get why you'd have reservations about him "not sorting" you
In post 4843, Cephrir wrote:I am suddenly getting paranoid about SSK being town (and Nacho still being town) in part because Domo is making a little sense but also because Norlkaz is (surprisingly?) making some sense. I'm not sure that I want to do this anymore. Someone please talk me back into it.
what the fuck
you think he's making some sense although you agree his case is p much entirely fakeable? explain plz
He's been creating a theory where I coach SSK into intentionally acting scummy in order to take the heat off me (instead of reiterating the original push on him) and his entire case on me is based on that and how more people aren't currently voting me. And then when I point out that the basis of his case (scum aren't jumping on Nacho, thus Nacho is scum) is wrong, he accuses me of not scumhunting and doesn't actually address anything that I brought forward.
Casso the King of Seals
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4891 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:25 am

Generic: A scum meta change on the part of BRO wouldn't have to be a self-aware one, based on his scum meta that muffin and us are aware of; it could be a result of generally having less time to posture, less time to post. There are a few small things other than that from differ from his scumgame, but, like I said earlier, no smoking guns.

My pie guy townread is pretty thoroughly explained; why do you have an issue with it? It's a pretty definitive meta read, pie isn't self-aware slash able to change his scum meta, so why do you have a problem with this read being town full stop?
Casso the King of Seals
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4892 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:27 am

In post 4866, Generic wrote:Oh, and koreanBBQ as strong town?

Curveballs are one thing, I can't understand the mindfuck you are pulling with that one though.
What wasn't clear about my read on him?
Casso the King of Seals
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4893 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:30 am

Vote: Desperado

I think this wagon probably never should've died. SSK's geists protect and not picking up on the mason claim seems like the type of town tell that he dropped in Tales, and scummy looking people keep defending him in sketchy looking ways that make scumbuddy suspicions far too blatant.
Bert
Bert
Bert

Post Post #4894 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:02 am

Post by Bert »

Back at school just now, and I am going to dive into this game after dinner.

I am going to do a dribble drive and get an AND 1

Well, before I get knocked to the ground and called scum and foul out. Lol
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #4895 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:08 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

ftr, i think both SSK and Desp are scum.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Bert
Bert
Bert

Post Post #4896 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:15 am

Post by Bert »

In post 4860, MafiaSSK wrote:No. This game is literally moving 5 pages a day. Too much content. I post when I feel like it.
Yes, I know you're a lurker and you post when you feel like it. This game's alright I guess.
In post 4850, MC Maraca wrote:and why godtown and Doc Claim have the two biggest wagons

someone tell me why Desp wagon hasn't gone off

someone explain Pie town, because I don't see it
Mara I miss when you are really tunnely on someone. You're kinda giving Cabd the steering wheel
In post 4833, DOMO wrote:casso = town, ssk = town - I can see ssk being scum's preferred mislynch due to his claim
casso = town, ssk = scum - why did your wagon collapse in favour of ssk?
casso = scum, ssk = town - well now I'd see why ssk is easier to lynch
casso = scum, ssk = scum - well if I was on that scum team I'd sooner bus ssk than you
I know you are considered universal town and likely to die soon, but really all the associations are too much at times. It masks what is going on in the game, and I feel like you're now in your own world making associations that are too large and that rely on too many chips to fall in certain places before these paragraphs become that valuable. You're trying to do too much IMO. But yes looks very town.
In post 4841, geists wrote:I think Sakura is scum on the wagon.
I don't have much recollection of her D2 play at all, but I'm looking through it and going backwards through this game atm.
In post 4814, KoreanBBQ wrote:I also want to lynch Bert over SSK. Its possible that Norl could defend him buddy but I think scum are a tad bit more likely to defend town.
In post 4815, DOMO wrote:Bert is preferable to SSK from my pov, sure.
Pros: I'm useless as a player in this large of a game. I'm likely scum to others' perspectives, and its a utility lynch. I'm also a good distraction for scum to divert to, but the thing is I'm scummy to townies and easy to pick on because of my style.

Cons: Doesn't give much info since I haven't interacted with people enough, and it seems people are torn about me. Half think I'm town based on meta, and are just casting me aside as town. The other half thinks I'm scum and is tunneling. I think there's enough support on the wagon to make my wagon happen and work.

I also think people thinking I'm bussing my teammates is not realistic. I'm the weakest player remaining in this game, regardless of alignment. That is a fact, and no one will dispute that.

Will work on the past 20 pages in an hour or two, as I let this game sink in - I'm not even in engaged yet.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #4897 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:17 am

Post by Cephrir »

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Ser Arthur Dayne

Not as confident as I once was here, but I like it better than anything else.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Bert
Bert
Bert

Post Post #4898 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:22 am

Post by Bert »

In post 4888, Casso the King of Seals wrote:I notice that there wasn't really a wagon on me until your latest push; the 4 man wagon earlier consisted of goodmorning (who is generally voting me for absolutely no reason), Norlkaz (because my reads list was doing work just to do work), Bert (???), and you (for you thinking certain Thor posts didn't make sense coming from me).
You won't like to hear this, but I voted you because it was a feel thing. Your walls about reads, especially about me, I thought they were too wordy without the content to match. There's not that much to my game, and to add so many layers in your read on me is very icky. However, I have a terrible track record of reading you. You know that.
In post 4884, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:We can persue it then. I see no reason to let SSK live another day based off of speculation that he may be protecting a buddy.
Leaving him alive doesn't make the cop less likely to die. There's always the element of roleblockers. The action is so unbelievable (to protect Ffery), that I think SSK is smarter than that as scum. In my last game, he was a scum tracker and tracked Geists N1, yes, as scum. Would he do the exact same thing as a fake doctor this time??? THAT is the 1 million dollary question. He could easily be a scum doctor. I just talked myself into being unsure, but I feel like it's a coin-toss with him. He's also easy to lynch because of his lurker tendencies. Gut-wise, I'm not feeling this lynch now that I have time to be looking over this game.
Bert
Bert
Bert

Post Post #4899 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:29 am

Post by Bert »

In post 4750, DOMO wrote:I think bert is scum too, those recent posts are weird. Yesterday he was on the attack and making sense, now he's on the defence and rambling.
My only defence is I was buying time until my full return to this game. I'm going to be here for the remainder of this game, however long I survive. That means 100% here for the next few days. It was a month long holiday break at home.

In post 4770, KoreanBBQ wrote:You act like you being scum is dependent on Casso/SSK. Its not. A lot of folks think Casso/SSK/you ARE scum so its natural to want to group you guys together. I think you are scum independently 'cause your play is scummy. And this "I'm only scum if they are scum" 'tude you give off in this post is p dumb.
I'm not saying it's dependent. I'm saying people have lumped me with them before they know my alignment or their alignments. Thank you for helping me understand why I'm lumped with them. Yes, my play is scummy. I never said I'm only scum if they are scum. That is my point.

You've basically said I'm scum like 50 times this game. You can try to interact with me more instead of just sitting there pointing a finger at me and coasting on that "scumread." Look ahead an realize that I may not get lynched in time befoer the deadline. You should be convincing other people of the case on me. Yet you're not doing that, you're just pointing an empty finger.
In post 4770, KoreanBBQ wrote: I'm still pretty 50/50 on SSK. Yeah, his claiming to protect Giests after fussing about them being a town leader is p derpy but I get jumped over all the time for "actions that make no sense" so maybe I'm just being empathic here?
You haven't been empathetic with me at all. So no, you're not being empathetic vibe-wise with anyoen this game from the eyes I see this game through.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”