NY 169: The EPIC XD Mafia Game of Greatness (Game Over)

DOMO
DOMO
Mafia Scum
DOMO
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4750 (ISO) » Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:48 am

Post by DOMO »

I think bert is scum too, those recent posts are weird. Yesterday he was on the attack and making sense, now he's on the defence and rambling. I'm starting to think casso is really important to them, it looks to me like both SSK and bert would rather die than see casso die. Maybe casso is encryptor. Either that or bert is just cracking under the pressure. But for sure bert's #4742 does not come across as natural, when compared to his posts yesterday.
Bert
Bert
Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra
Bert

Post Post #4751 (ISO) » Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:03 am

Post by Bert »

I'm still technically on limited access and haven't caught up. My mind changed about SSK.

Let's say I'm scum then, Domo. Let's talk this through.

Why wouldn't Casso and/or SSK bus me? Weaker scumgame here, more lynchbait, while they would have a chance to go very, very far in this competition. It's pedigree, and the past is the best predictor of the present.
Bert
Bert
Bert

Post Post #4752 (ISO) » Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:04 am

Post by Bert »

Weird is more how I am in this kind of zone during the school year, so that's probably what you'll get from me for the remainder of my time alive here starting tomorrow...unfortunately.
DOMO
DOMO
Mafia Scum
DOMO
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4753 (ISO) » Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:29 am

Post by DOMO »

In post 4751, Bert wrote:Why wouldn't Casso and/or SSK bus me?
Because casso is trying to bus SSK and SSK is missing? I'm just guessing here, obviously.
I'm still technically on limited access and haven't caught up. My mind changed about SSK.
Why would you change your mind if you're not caught up? Wouldn't you reserve judgement until you've had chance to read what you've missed? You're backtracking.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #4754 (ISO) » Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:33 am

Post by Cephrir »

I'm actually starting to wonder about this, myself. Those posts were hella weird.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Bert
Bert
Bert

Post Post #4755 (ISO) » Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:43 am

Post by Bert »

In post 4753, DOMO wrote:Why would you change your mind if you're not caught up? Wouldn't you reserve judgement until you've had chance to read what you've missed? You're backtracking.
I judged SSK based on his claimed night actions.

Not on his play. I think if everyone thinks about how scum would probably not claim such a controversial night action, especially SSK-lurker scum, then it makes sense that he's likely town.

Good news is I gotta leave to watch a football game, so I shall see you all tomorrow night. <3
DOMO
DOMO
Mafia Scum
DOMO
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4756 (ISO) » Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:20 am

Post by DOMO »

Looking at SSK's action claim, both him and geists were online together and were involved in discussion.
In post 4453, MafiaSSK wrote:I don't think geists should be given the trust as being such an official town leader. Natirasha is very reactive, and that's really not good when deciding on a very rushed or heated lynch.
Here he says that nat is reactive and geists shouldn't be trusted as town leader, even though ffery is the main head and ffery is a very good town leader.

Geists asks ssk who he protected, he then claims geists because they are an asset when town.

This is so contradictory that I can't help feel that it must be deliberate. It took over 20 minutes for him to post this reply, so plenty enough time to consider how to respond.

This looks to me fake as fuck. I think it looks bad for geists if SSK and casso flips scum. It looks like a deliberate attempt to sacrifice SSK to save casso. That's how it looks to me.

It's entirely possible that I looked at the scum doc n1. If I did that, my d2 claim is a nightmare for geists because it's too early for it to allow her to coast to an easy victory, it would be much better for her if I claim d3 or later. But it gives her influence, she will be in better position to lead the village, and thus if she is scum doc then no question she will look to use her influence to divert wagons.

ffery's responses to me today have done the opposite of comfort me. I'll admit I'm highly amused that I'm scumreading my gunsmith clear, that's not gonna happen often. But I was suspicious of her d1, hence the look up, and she's not filling me with confidence today, even as near confirmed town.

I am not suggesting we lynch her. I'm suggesting you take my comments seriously if we get three scum flips from casso bert and ssk, with no scum doc. That would show that I'm reading this game well. And if she is scum doc, I'm gonna brag that shit for ever, regardless of who wins, because that's sick soulread territory.

Until we get those three scum flips, I'm just making noise. I'm gonna be dead soon so it's important I share my concerns. This exchange between ffery and ssk supports my thinking, so I'll post it.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #4757 (ISO) » Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:29 am

Post by BROseidon »

In post 4686, Cephrir wrote:Just because it's out of character, or...?
I don't get what you're asking here.
DOMO
DOMO
Mafia Scum
DOMO
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4758 (ISO) » Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:30 am

Post by DOMO »

geists = doc
casso = encryptor
ssk = RB
bert = goon
ceph = goon

I'm not happy just trying to soulread the scum team, I want their roles too.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #4759 (ISO) » Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:31 am

Post by BROseidon »

In post 4690, geists wrote:I remember vividly how being alive 3 days after claiming tracker in the NY 165 game affected the remaining town players.
I remember most of the game treating you with conf-town status b/c of outing Cabd->Orc and being incredibly frustrated that we couldn't shoot you.

Also, remember that you were protected during that entire interval AND there were missing NKs all over the place that game because FUCKING STUPID WHITE MAGE AG:LKDHG:LAHSGKL:AHGKAHDJG":LAHGKL:AJG:LAHGJ:LASHGKL:AJGSJG:
DOMO
DOMO
Mafia Scum
DOMO
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4760 (ISO) » Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:33 am

Post by DOMO »

Actually replace ceph with SAD.

pedit - god yeah that white mage. Greatest mislynch ever. AP became my hero as I wacthed that unfold.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #4761 (ISO) » Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:34 am

Post by BROseidon »

In post 4713, DOMO wrote:I'm practically confirmed townie and so far I've mustered up generic's vote and arguably bro's. Does that not say something about how willing scum are to lynch casso? If he's town, then those already on him are likely to be scum, and I'm as scum as empire is.
I'm sticking with you as long as we're both alive.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #4762 (ISO) » Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:34 am

Post by BROseidon »

In post 4760, DOMO wrote:pedit - god yeah that white mage. Greatest mislynch ever. AP became my hero as I wacthed that unfold.
AP is a god among men.

Okay back to catchup spamming.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #4763 (ISO) » Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:38 am

Post by BROseidon »

In post 4736, zMuffinMan wrote:
bro wrote:I also put Ceph in here, in the order of like Casso-Ceph-Bert-Desp.
i'm more like casso-bert-desp-ceph of those 4, but i still don't really see ceph as scum here

when/why did you start scum reading ceph, btw?
My first instance of a scum-Ceph read was on day 1, based on associative stuff from DOMO. Since DOMO's obvtown now, a lot of that early logic doesn't apply, but I've also cued in on scum buddying town early and dual-scumread the interactions before (Katsuki/DGB in Anything Goes in particular. Scumread both for how they were interacting (among other reasons), but the awkwardness I was reading in the interaction ultimately was driven by katsuki-scum). I still have a gut-scumread on Ceph.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #4764 (ISO) » Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:39 am

Post by BROseidon »

In post 4737, zMuffinMan wrote:
domo wrote:Yes but the difference is nero and casso. Here it's casso on the ropes. Why aren't scum seizing on a fistpump mislynch? Because they're scared to? Or because it's not a mislynch?
mm, i think casso is scum here, but this line of thinking got me into a sort of confirmation bias in xenogears with nacho in an almost identical situation. and i'm still unsure why scum weren't all over his lynch in that game. *shrug*
They were too busy bussing each other into the ground.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #4765 (ISO) » Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:40 am

Post by BROseidon »

Can we put ThorCho out of their misery yet?
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #4766 (ISO) » Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:46 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 4757, BROseidon wrote:
In post 4686, Cephrir wrote:Just because it's out of character, or...?
I don't get what you're asking here.
Why is it strange that they were being the voice of reason and saying things you agreed with?
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
MC Maraca
MC Maraca
Mafia Scum
MC Maraca
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4767 (ISO) » Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:00 am

Post by MC Maraca »

In post 4765, BROseidon wrote:Can we put ThorCho out of their misery yet?
This is where I'm at and mara is flailing wildly at me to stop but i don't wanna it feels so goooooood
Cabd: "hell, mc maraca is a two lady hydra of justice"
alienBRO
alienBRO
Goon
alienBRO
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4768 (ISO) » Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:07 am

Post by alienBRO »

In post 4766, Cephrir wrote:Why is it strange that they were being the voice of reason and saying things you agreed with?
Oh.

I'm just naturally paranoid about anyone that I deem as being "too reasonable"
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #4769 (ISO) » Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:08 am

Post by BROseidon »

In post 4768, alienBRO wrote:
In post 4766, Cephrir wrote:Why is it strange that they were being the voice of reason and saying things you agreed with?
Oh.

I'm just naturally paranoid about anyone that I deem as being "too reasonable"
:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:
KoreanBBQ
KoreanBBQ
Goon
KoreanBBQ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4770 (ISO) » Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:58 am

Post by KoreanBBQ »

In post 4751, Bert wrote:My mind changed about SSK.
What made you change your mind?
Why wouldn't Casso and/or SSK bus me? Weaker scumgame here, more lynchbait, while they would have a chance to go very, very far in this competition. It's pedigree, and the past is the best predictor of the present.
You act like you being scum is dependent on Casso/SSK. Its not. A lot of folks think Casso/SSK/you ARE scum so its natural to want to group you guys together. I think you are scum independently 'cause your play is scummy. And this "I'm only scum if they are scum" 'tude you give off in this post is p dumb.

I'm pretty null on Casso, mainly 'cause I haven't really read them in detail. Nothing has stuck out as "scummy". Is that why they are scum, 'cause they haven't done anything useful? I asked for a bullet case earlier on them to see if I agreed or not on the case. Why was this ignored? Is there no "case" on Casso? They are "scum" 'cause Nacho makes you want to bang your head against the wall? If so I understand that feeling completely.

I'm still pretty 50/50 on SSK. Yeah, his claiming to protect Giests after fussing about them being a town leader is p derpy but I get jumped over all the time for "actions that make no sense" so maybe I'm just being empathic here?
KoreanBBQ
KoreanBBQ
Goon
KoreanBBQ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4771 (ISO) » Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:02 am

Post by KoreanBBQ »

In post 4755, Bert wrote:
In post 4753, DOMO wrote:Why would you change your mind if you're not caught up? Wouldn't you reserve judgement until you've had chance to read what you've missed? You're backtracking.
I judged SSK based on his claimed night actions.

Not on his play. I think if everyone thinks about how scum would probably not claim such a controversial night action, especially SSK-lurker scum, then it makes sense that he's likely town.
BUT YOU VOTED SSK FOR HIS CLAIM!!!

no, I think this is scum backtracking.
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4772 (ISO) » Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:04 am

Post by geists »

In post 4756, DOMO wrote:Here he says that nat is reactive and geists shouldn't be trusted as town leader, even though ffery is the main head and ffery is a very good town leader.

Geists asks ssk who he protected, he then claims geists because they are an asset when town.

This is so contradictory that I can't help feel that it must be deliberate. It took over 20 minutes for him to post this reply, so plenty enough time to consider how to respond.

This looks to me fake as fuck. I think it looks bad for geists if SSK and casso flips scum. It looks like a deliberate attempt to sacrifice SSK to save casso. That's how it looks to me.

It's entirely possible that I looked at the scum doc n1. If I did that, my d2 claim is a nightmare for geists because it's too early for it to allow her to coast to an easy victory, it would be much better for her if I claim d3 or later. But it gives her influence, she will be in better position to lead the village, and thus if she is scum doc then no question she will look to use her influence to divert wagons.

ffery's responses to me today have done the opposite of comfort me. I'll admit I'm highly amused that I'm scumreading my gunsmith clear, that's not gonna happen often. But I was suspicious of her d1, hence the look up, and she's not filling me with confidence today, even as near confirmed town.

I am not suggesting we lynch her. I'm suggesting you take my comments seriously if we get three scum flips from casso bert and ssk, with no scum doc. That would show that I'm reading this game well. And if she is scum doc, I'm gonna brag that shit for ever, regardless of who wins, because that's sick soulread territory.

Until we get those three scum flips, I'm just making noise. I'm gonna be dead soon so it's important I share my concerns. This exchange between ffery and ssk supports my thinking, so I'll post it.
Now, listen, friend.

First off, you're building this entire case on us being a doctor.

With a claimed doctor.

If you think this is the case, don't you think it'd be wise to, you know, get the claimed doctor flipped?

The last I checked, ffery and I really liked roflcopter's play regarding this game, felt it was similar to his behavior in Death's Diner. I haven't actually read though.

Additionally, your suggested play is like, nearly identical to last goodmorning scumteam's stupid gambit. Do you really think ffery would let me do that again(because, let me tell you, I'd be the one in this hydra to actually do such a gambit!)?
KoreanBBQ
KoreanBBQ
Goon
KoreanBBQ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4773 (ISO) » Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:09 am

Post by KoreanBBQ »

SSK replaced ROLFwaffles

Bert replaced Rolfcopter
geists
geists