Mafia Scum
NJAC
He/His/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/His/Him

Post Post #600 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:12 am

Post by NJAC »

I apologize for not being active (year end holidays got in the way). I'll be as active as possible from now on.
In post 530, mastin2 wrote:Also, random note. NJAC, I realize I misread you last game, but I'm reading you scum this game, too, through a combo of Antihero's (lack of) posting and your entrance lacking...hmm, not sure what's the word.
Well, you're misreading me again, and I'm again disagreeing with some of your reads. That doesn't make you scum in my eyes though, just null. If you're town you really need to turn on that switch you mentioned, because you're doing bad.
Heart? Best word I've got--your posting lacks the heart I'd expect from a town player.
I see :neutral:. Here you go: <3. Better now?

I'd appreciate if you elaborate on TSO being town, that guy is almost unreadable IMO and his playstyle somehow irks me. Also, I don't buy that TSO "townslipped" in 166 as you mentioned. And I'm waiting for your explanation of "TSO's handling of the situation is much better than Slandaar's."

I'm also interested in your case on Bulbazak, I saw some kind of OMGUS on D1 from your part and it's not clear to me why you think Bulba's vote on aptil makes him scum, but Garmr and Yuni's votes on aptil go unobserved to you.
NJAC
NJAC
He/His/Him
Mafia Scum
NJAC
He/His/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #601 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:24 am

Post by NJAC »

529, 546, 547... too many lazy players in this game :neutral:. Not to mention all the lurkers (me included, I know, sorry again), bad thing.

@Matias: I do expect you to answer my questions in 525.

@Mod: Is there some prodding/replacing taking place now?

Not as far as I know, but I have pretty much just returned and haven't really spoken to Jacob yet, so I have no idea whether he's been looking for replacements/prodding people. - City
Last edited by ElectricSavages on Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
aptil
aptil
Mafia Scum
aptil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #602 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:35 am

Post by aptil »

In post 601, NJAC wrote:529, 546, 547... too many lazy players in this game :neutral:. Not to mention all the lurkers (me included, I know, sorry again), bad thing.

@Matias: I do expect you to answer my questions in 525.

@Mod: Is there some prodding/replacing taking place now?
That is true . Both sides are playing it extremely safe .
NJAC
NJAC
He/His/Him
Mafia Scum
NJAC
He/His/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #603 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:43 am

Post by NJAC »

I'm reading Slandaar as town, I really like his effort to keep this game moving. Toomai and maybe Garmr are null leaning town. I'm having a hard time reading TSO and Yuni. There's a lot of null reads to me. I'm leaning to lynch this lurker who were on the Dry wagon and went quickly over aptil at the start of D2, namely PV:

VOTE: PeregrineV
NJAC
NJAC
He/His/Him
Mafia Scum
NJAC
He/His/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #604 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:19 am

Post by NJAC »

In post 582, Bulbazak wrote:
In post 524, NJAC wrote: BTW: this is my first multiscum game so I'm still trying to understand if typical scumhunting works or not. I also have the impression that multiscum games are a bit easier for us the town, I mean someone (mastin IIRC) mentioned a game where town won because the scum groups killed each other. So that should give us some advantage because scum are trying to get rid of each other. Am I right? Of course I understand there's a balance so this is not going to be that easy, but at least the ice group already helped us to get rid of one scum.
^Worst. Disguise. Ever.
:neutral: I know that wasn't a great post, I was just catching up and assimilating all this, but I use to be very honest and that's why I was letting you all know that I'm not familiar with multiscum games. I also try to share my thoughts the way they're coming, and that came at that time. Also I don't like soft accusations so if you think I'm scum disguising my entrance post say it clear.
In post 526, NJAC wrote: Do you think is it possible he's playing safe to avoid being NKed? I mean he says he is a likely target on N1 or N2 in multiscum games, what do you think?
I don't see why he'd be playing it safe, especially since he didn't play it safe when he was IC, and especially since he voiced that he might be killed. Besides, why would he prioritize survival over scumhunting? Even as a PR, that's more dangerous and anti-town than just scumhunting while keeping a low profile.
In post 526, NJAC wrote: Also, is it possible he hasn't had enough time to engage in this game properly?
Know something I don't? Why the strong defense of Mastin?
The thing is in the last RL days, with all the year end holidays, it was a bit harder to completely engage in the game, so I can somehow understand all the flaking/lurking and lack of good content in some posts. Part of that could be the case on mastin.

And specifically talking about mastin I finished a newbie game recently where he was the IC, and when the game ended he was on V/LA. In fact I'm still waiting for his feedback of that game, so I can imagine of him not being properly engaged in his games. This could explain why his posts in this game are not as expected from town-mastin.

I'm not defending him, I'm just saying that your "case" on him may have another explanation. As I said I disagree with some of mastins reads and I don't like the way he uses to throw us some crap in his posts (he did that in the other game too), but that's not alignment indicative IMO.

Now, if you think this is scum-mastin who is posting, why are you voting aptil over mastin?
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #605 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:13 am

Post by Slandaar »

Even if JKLM hates scum this is multiball.

The parts most people dislike as scum don't really apply; he can still scumhunt he doesn't have to be manipulative etc because he can talk genuinely about his actual reads.
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #606 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:11 pm

Post by mastin2 »

In post 572, T S O wrote:2. Explain how I handled the necromancy-cum-accusation better than Slandaar.
Simply, really. Your attitude towards the whole thing?

"What's done is done. I was wrong, okay?!? Let's move on."

Slandaar's attitude? Goad you into the necromancy war. And despite ultimately knowing it's a bad idea, he succeeded. Falling to the temptation was another sign of the town attitude, and your frustration throughout the whole ordeal was apparent. Slandaar was provoking you into a losing battle. A necromancy war will never end well for the town player, because the town player entering it has already been proven wrong by the flip, and wants to move on.

Basically, you reacted reasonably and sensibly to the whole affair, but were baited into going further by Slandaar, whose entire request was unreasonable. Yes, giving reasons on the day is good, and yes, not giving them before the flip is bad. But entering into a necromancy war about the reasons after the player the reasons are on has flipped town is beating a dead horse, and a town-Slandaar would know better than to do that.

Thus, your frustration makes you town; Slandaar's manipulation makes him scum. He wasn't entering that debate in an attempt to scumhunt. He was entering that debate with the intention of painting you badly to mislynch you.
In post 576, Slandaar wrote:
In post 100, ElectricSavages wrote:
Yunichikawowwow [8]
- Garmr, Slandaar, Desperado, Bulbazak, Dry-fit, Yiley, JKLM, PeregrineV
Who is scum on the wagon?
The only truly town names on the wagon are Garmr and JKLM, plus the flipped Dry-fit. Any of the remaining five, I can see being scum. I lean against Yiley being scum because I've liked Yiley's posting. (Heck if I remember why.) I sorta lean against Desperado, though I'll probably need to investigate his multiscum play some more to confirm. Leaving?
{Slandaar, Bulbazak, PeregrineV}. And, yes. You're scum. Bulb's scum. PV's someone I think is quite likely Ice-scum. So there's the scum on the wagon.
In post 577, aptil wrote:
In post 475, ElectricSavages wrote:
JKLM [5]
- Bulbazak, Garmr, Toomai, evilpacman18, Maxous
This wagon has at least 3 scum.
I'm not sure about the number, but you're right, it sucks. The only truly town name on there is Garmr. Evil's null to me; I don't really remember him as being town or scum either way. Toomai was a townread D1, but I'm leaning scum off of D2. Bulbazak's scum, and so is Maxous.
In post 582, Bulbazak wrote:Know something I don't? Why the strong defense of Mastin?
Actually, yes, he does; NJAC was made aware of what I was going through in a recently-completed Newbie. (To keep a long story short--limited access during vacation, a grandmother who said vacation was for visiting being put in the hospital, and realizing I was suffering from depression even before the vacation.) But no, that doesn't justify his strong defense of me; there's a damn-good reason I'm scumreading NJAC.
In post 595, Slandaar wrote:This game is so slow. Ugh.
Admittedly a bit concerning at such low activity levels (the holidays are over, so things should be picking up, but aren't yet), but rushing the day as you seem so eager to do is also bad.
In post 600, NJAC wrote:Well, you're misreading me again, and I'm again disagreeing with some of your reads. That doesn't make you scum in my eyes though, just null.

I'm also interested in your case on Bulbazak, I saw some kind of OMGUS on D1 from your part and it's not clear to me why you think Bulba's vote on aptil makes him scum, but Garmr and Yuni's votes on aptil go unobserved to you.
Oh, really? I'm null, despite your heavy defense of me? Yeah, not buying it.

As for Bulbazak. Timestamps are important. I was scumreading him before he scumread me. :P If anyone's OMGUS'ing, it's him to me, not me to him.
My academy.
"...You have a blog?!?" (Yes, I do. Click.)
Agnigi
, 13p Mini Theme sequel to Gistou, is in design and could use reviewers!
evilpacman18
evilpacman18
Mafia Scum
evilpacman18
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #607 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:48 pm

Post by evilpacman18 »

In post 574, Slandaar wrote:
In post 569, evilpacman18 wrote: Yeah see we definitely define it differently. I might be wrong on how I think of it, cuz it seems like nobody agrees on the term so I should probably just stop saying it but white knighting to me is generally faking one's interest in the good of the town. People who preoccupy themselves with attacking anti-town instead of scumhunting. It's been so long and I've been so out of this game that I don't even remember what you did that I accused you of white knighting for though. I'll have to go back later.
So, if I were scum I wouldn't know if Dry is town or scum, so how can I fake the interest of the town?

I still want you to tell me what I wasn't posting my opinion on too, you probably should refresh your memory about that when you check what you said I was white knighting.
oh! yes see it doesn't matter what Dry flipped, I'm talking about the opportunity you took when he was at L-1 to feign concern and appeal to someone authoritative:
L-1

Someone get off now.

Mastin I am looking at you.
be back later tonight with other stuff.
I'm still down for a JKLM wagon but has he even posted this day?
I play piano and competitive Smash 4 under the tag EPM
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #608 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:51 pm

Post by mastin2 »

In post 24, Maxous wrote:
vote: ArcAngel9

What took you so long to get in here?
I could be wrong, but I vaguely remember TSO inheriting AA9's slot.
At the very least, TSO isn't fire-scum. Look at Maxous's interactions with the slot; that is
not
scum bussing a scumbuddy.

Edit:
Nevermind; TSO started with the game. However, statement stands--both RachMarie (AA9's actual replacement)
and
TSO are unlikely to be partners, because Maxous's later TSO posts don't look like a scum interacting with a scumbuddy anyway. So, statement stands.
In post 83, Maxous wrote:Speaking of, Bulba gives me a bad gut feeling in general, #63 especially seems disingenuous.
This, however, is quite possibly scum distancing a scumbuddy. :P

For what it's worth--don't think Maxous is scum with Matias, either. Toomai is possible, but neither probable nor improbable.
In post 219, Maxous wrote:- Garmr: His first post was really comfortable(tonally), no sign of scum caution or nerves to it - and was a big difference to his early play in a mini normal I was in with him recently (in which he was scum). There is a massive difference here between this game and that game.
-Slandaar: I don't feel like he would of written #18 as scum, not a strong read but eh. (since then, his play has been ok)

- ArcAngel: What I was suspecting about Arc was that she delayed starting the game because she was strategising with her buddies pre-game first (since I happened to see her post elsewhere without confirming here) but her complete lack of activity since has blown that theory out of the water.
- Desperado: I liked how he was pro-active and agressive in pushing the Yuni wagon early, as I think scum would of voted and sat back at the point.
- Aptil: Yeah, his post being weak was the reason I was meh on him.
- JKLM: I liked him early because his posts were full of aggression and conviction
I'm also considering Slandaar being fire for this, but it's something I need to analyze some more in detail to figure out for sure.
In post 404, Maxous wrote: T S O - going nullish, not explaining Dry-Fit scum is getting tiresome and little other commentary. #281 comes across as towny though
Bulbazak - seems town sans dodgy vote on JKLM(early push was weak)
Antihero (Lawrencelot) - ??
Matias - leaning scum
Desperado - town I think. Only hard-pusher of Dry-Fit. Putting his neck on the line.
evilpacman18 *- leaning town
JKLM - not so sure atm :igmeou:
OhGodMyLife *- ??
mastin2 - leaning scum. Bad Dry-fit push, bad attack on Bulba and way too much fluff. Memories of Town!Mastin being more purposeful and direct with his posting.
PeregrineV *- felt like he was townish earlier but bad dry-fit vote.
Garmr - town
aptil - pfft ??
YuniChikako - town
ArcAngel9 *- ??
Slandaar - town
Yiley - town-ish? he should post thoughts on something.
Toomai - scummy
Dry-fit - idk?
Here's another one. Bulbazak is not someone I'd think he'd have as a townread off of the content he posted, which is one reason I'm thinking Bulbazak might be a buddy. I'm thinking that
if
Toomai is scum, it's opposite-faction (Ice) to him. Same goes for Matias. PeregrineV for that matter.

But I'm actually really liking that Slandaar-Bulbazak conspiracy theory of mine right now.

In post 100, ElectricSavages wrote:
Yunichikawowwow [8]
-
Garmr
Slandaar
, Desperado,
Bulbazak
Dry-fit
, Yiley,
JKLM
, PeregrineV

Bulbazak [3]
- ArcAngel9, mastin 2, Yunichikawowwow

Yiley [1]
- Toomai

Toomai [1]
- Maxous

JKLM [1]
- Matias

Desperado [1]
- aptil

Not Voting [4]
- T S O, Lawrencelot, evilpacman18, OhGodMyLife
Keep coming back to this. The Bulbazak wagon I'm quite certain is all town. The Yunichika wagon is going to have two or three scum on it, most likely. Which leaves 3-4 off. Of those voting, we've got one confirmed in Maxous. Matias I need a reread on, aptil's town, and Toomai's a mild scumread. Which leaves anywhere from 0-2 scum in the Not Voting pile. (Depending on Matias and Toomai's alignments.) TSO's town, OGML's confirmed to be town, which leaves Lawrencelot (Antihero/NJAC) and Evilpacman18.

Basically, I'm looking at Bulbazak and Slandaar for fire-scum on the wagon, PV as Ice-scum on the wagon, and two ice-scum off the wagon--focusing on NJAC and Toomai, with a need to analyze Matias and evilpacman18. (Also a need to analyze Desp and Yiley, despite townreading both.)

In other words, a scumteam callout of
{Maxous, Bulb, Slandaar}
and
{PeregrineV, Toomai, NJAC}

However, this is just from the one wagon analyzed to death and a general outlook on the gamestate. I still need to look at the other wagons and cross-reference with isos of other players. (For instance, I haven't isoed Bulb or Slandaar to see if the Maxous connection is a probable pairing, or for that matter, if their interactions with one another make for a probable pairing. Off the top of my head, however, I don't recall any interaction which makes the pairing look doubtful.)
In post 234, ElectricSavages wrote:
Dry - Fit[5]
-Desperado, Matias, Yiley, mastin2, T S O

Yunichikawowwow [4]
- Slandaar, JKLM, PeregrineV, OhGodMyLife

Yiley [2]
- Toomai, Garmr

Toomai [2]
- Maxous, Dry-fit

Bulbazak [1]
- ArcAngel9

Desperado [1]
- aptil

JKLM [1]
- Bulbazak

Maxous [1]
- Yunichikawowwow

Not Voting [2]
- Antihero, evilpacman18,
This, for instance, needs to be addressed. TSO's town. But both Desperado and Yiley were on this Dry-fit wagon AND the Yunichika wagon before it. They're townreads, but I'm concerned about them from this alone, and the lack of obviously-visible scum. Matias is, again, someone I need to analyze, because he looks like the most probable name for scum, and I need to re-evaluate my read on him to be sure.

Also, there's probably one or two scum lingering on the Yunichika wagon, which again is why I'm looking at Slandaar and PeregrineV.
In post 275, ElectricSavages wrote:
Dry - Fit[6]
-Desperado, Matias, Yiley, mastin2, T S O, Toomai

Yunichikawowwow [4]
- Slandaar, JKLM, PeregrineV, OhGodMyLife

Toomai [2]
- Maxous, Dry-fit

JKLM [2]
- Bulbazak, Garmr

Bulbazak [1]
- ArcAngel9

Desperado [1]
- aptil

Maxous [1]
- Yunichikawowwow

Not Voting [2]
This as the first peak of the wagon gives a potential answer in Toomai, but it's again something I need to follow through on.
In post 375, ElectricSavages wrote:
Dry - Fit[8]
-Desperado, Matias, Yiley, mastin2, T S O, OhGodMyLife, PeregrineV, JKLM

JKLM [3]
- Bulbazak, Garmr, Toomai

Toomai [2]
- Maxous, Dry-fit

Yunichikawowwow [1]
- Slandaar

Bulbazak [1]
- ArcAngel9

Desperado [1]
- aptil

Maxous [1]
- Yunichikawowwow

Not Voting [2]
Here's another concern. While there are potential Ice-scum on the Dry-fit wagon, I don't really see anyone on the wagon that I've got as a realistic Fire-scum candidate. I can take another look at Maxous's reads and crossreference nulls/towns to be sure of things, but basically, this is one of my main concerns as far as my Bulb/Slandaar theory goes. I seriously will need to look at this area, in-context, to see how things were going down at that point.
In post 421, ElectricSavages wrote:
Dry - Fit[8]
-Desperado, Matias, Yiley, mastin2, T S O, OhGodMyLife, PeregrineV, JKLM

JKLM [5]

Toomai [2]
- Dry-fit

Bulbazak [1]
- ArcAngel9

Desperado [1]
- aptil

Maxous [1]
- Yunichikawowwow

TSO [1]
- Slandaar

Not Voting [1]
- Antihero
Honestly, this begs the question. Dry-fit wasn't scum. Why was there a counter-wagon to him forming? My best guess is that one or more of the other wagons in the previous votecount (Toomai/Yunichika/Bulbazak/Desperado/Maxous) was on scum, and that they wanted to ensure that the lynch was guaranteed to--if not on town--at least not be on their faction of scum. In particular, I'm thinking about the Toomai and Bulbazak wagons. Probably not for the same faction, but both having a significant chance of being FROM a faction.

As previously-stated, the JKLM wagon is quite likely to have more than one scum on it. Bulbazak/Toomai are my best guesses. Bulb as Fire and Toomai as Ice.
In post 475, ElectricSavages wrote:
Dry - Fit[10]
-Desperado, Matias, Yiley, mastin2, T S O, OhGodMyLife, PeregrineV, JKLM, Yunichikawowwow, aptil
[LYNCH]

JKLM [5]

Toomai [1]
- Dry-fit

Bulbazak [1]
- RachMarie

TSO [1]
- Slandaar

Not Voting [1]
- Antihero
My main concern is the utter lack of Fire candidates on the wagon, not to mention, how I've only got one strong Ice candidate on there. I'm not going to arbitrarily assume the wagon must have some number of scum; it's fully possible the scum wanted to avoid it (or if not, coincidentally ended up mostly/entirely avoiding it anyway), and assuming there must be some number of scum on the wagon is bound to fail. However...at the same time? Assuming there
isn't
some number of scum on the wagon is equally as naive, when generally, there will be. This is where circumstances become really, REALLY important, and basically, this is a wagon that I'm going to be continually coming back to and re-analyzing as we get new pieces of info. Right
now
, off of what I've got, my best guess is that, yes, against the odds, this wagon was mostly town. But I still need to investigate all the same.
In post 513, ElectricSavages wrote:
Yunichikawowwow [4]
- Bulbazak, Garmr, Toomai, PeregrineV,

Toomai [2]
- aptil, Yiley

Bulbazak [1]
- mastin2

Yunichikawowwow [1]
- Matias
This is a scum-driven wagon, too. I realize that it might be a bit unlikely for the majority of the wagon to be scum, but that wagon on Yunichika is not town. I'm going to need to look to see all the people who voted her, since I don't entirely trust the VCs to have all of them.

This is all preliminary analysis. As is evident, it's basically phase one; I need to put a lot more work into it to form a better conclusion. It'll have to do for now, though, because I've got other obligations to attend to.
My academy.
Agnigi
NJAC
NJAC
He/His/Him
Mafia Scum
NJAC
He/His/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #609 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:00 pm

Post by NJAC »

There's the crap again. What conclusion have you reached? NONE. I just see you constantly saying that you need to reread, reanalyze, do ISOs and the like. Instead of that why don't you just go and reread, reanalyze and do the ISOs before posting? It's like you are pretending to be scumhunting, but that post is actually a waste of time to read.
In post 606, mastin2 wrote:
In post 600, NJAC wrote:Well, you're misreading me again, and I'm again disagreeing with some of your reads. That doesn't make you scum in my eyes though, just null.

What do you expect me to say? That you're town to me? You're null. Period. My "defense" on you, as you put it, is just me not buying the case Bulba made on you. But it doesn't inmediately clears you man. Should another sound case arise on you and I'll still consider it.
Toomai
Toomai
Goon
Toomai
Goon
Goon

Post Post #610 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:17 pm

Post by Toomai »

In post 608, mastin2 wrote:Honestly, this begs the question. Dry-fit wasn't scum. Why was there a counter-wagon to him forming? My best guess is that one or more of the other wagons in the previous votecount (Toomai/Yunichika/Bulbazak/Desperado/Maxous) was on scum, and that they wanted to ensure that the lynch was guaranteed to--if not on town--at least not be on their faction of scum. In particular, I'm thinking about the Toomai and Bulbazak wagons. Probably not for the same faction, but both having a significant chance of being FROM a faction.
I don't get this. Dry-fit was already a strong lynch candidate that both teams knew was either town or opposite. Why would they move to form a counter-wagon on someone else? That doesn't seem to accomplish anything.
This should be required reading for...everyone for anything, really.
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #611 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:46 pm

Post by mastin2 »

Yep. Fairly certain NJAC's scum.
In post 609, NJAC wrote:There's the crap again. What conclusion have you reached? NONE. I just see you constantly saying that you need to reread, reanalyze, do ISOs and the like. Instead of that why don't you just go and reread, reanalyze and do the ISOs before posting? It's like you are pretending to be scumhunting, but that post is actually a waste of time to read.
In post 606, mastin2 wrote:

What do you expect me to say? That you're town to me? You're null. Period. My "defense" on you, as you put it, is just me not buying the case Bulba made on you. But it doesn't inmediately clears you man. Should another sound case arise on you and I'll still consider it.
I actually
have
reached conclusions. I've got a ton of townreads,
and
a preliminary callout on the entirety of both scumteams:
{Maxous, Bulb, Slandaar} and {PeregrineV, Toomai, NJAC}.

That's anything BUT "no conclusions".

The thing about it is, though, that it's only preliminary. I've already done analysis and iso-work--that's how I've gotten this far. But I need to do more, to get more solid conclusions. I've reached the point where I've gathered enough evidence to have a hypothesis, so to speak. Now comes the testing phase where I gather more evidence to put the hypothesis to the test, carrying the analogy through. I've got a theory, and it seems to work. But I haven't proven it to be true or false, because I don't have enough proof; I don't have enough solid evidence to reach that definitive conclusion that what I've found is right.

And, yeah, I find your overall approach to me to be highly-scummy. Your handling of me simply doesn't seem town at all.
In post 610, Toomai wrote:
In post 608, mastin2 wrote:Honestly, this begs the question. Dry-fit wasn't scum. Why was there a counter-wagon to him forming? My best guess is that one or more of the other wagons in the previous votecount (Toomai/Yunichika/Bulbazak/Desperado/Maxous) was on scum, and that they wanted to ensure that the lynch was guaranteed to--if not on town--at least not be on their faction of scum. In particular, I'm thinking about the Toomai and Bulbazak wagons. Probably not for the same faction, but both having a significant chance of being FROM a faction.
I don't get this. Dry-fit was already a strong lynch candidate that both teams knew was either town or opposite. Why would they move to form a counter-wagon on someone else? That doesn't seem to accomplish anything.
And yet, despite you saying this? The counterwagon existed. Dry-fit
was
a strong lynch candidate that both teams knew was either town or opposite. So why the hell would they form a counter-wagon on JKLM? Yet despite this...
they did
. So it must have accomplished
something
. Which is my point exactly. A counter-wagon doesn't make any sense as far as conventional logic goes with Dry-fit flipping town, but there must be a reason. And my proposed reason is that one or multiple of the secondary wagons were scum, and the scum wanted to ensure not only that the main (Dry-fit) wagon wasn't on them, but ALSO that whatever Dry-fit's counter-wagon would be would also not be them. Basically, that they counter-wagoned JKLM to make the fight be between two town lynches, rather than, say, a fight between Dry-fit and, oh, let's guess Bulbazak.
My academy.
Agnigi
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #612 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:20 pm

Post by Bulbazak »

In post 598, T S O wrote:
In post 589, Bulbazak wrote:I think he's playing it very carefully, because he doesn't have to contend with just town this time. He knows that his normal play would probably result in him being killed, and he knows that would be bad for his team (Remember, he's against bussing for similar reasons.). He's laying low, and I read over his posts, and I know for a fact that we're not dealing with town Mastin this game.
What posts, specifically?
I'm looking at his posts in general. I'm looking at how he's wording his posts, how they're weak and fake. It's not like I saw 1 thing in 1 specific post. It's a cumulative effect.
In post 604, NJAC wrote:Also I don't like soft accusations so if you think I'm scum disguising my entrance post say it clear.
That's what I was saying, although I don't think that anymore.
In post 604, NJAC wrote: Now, if you think this is scum-mastin who is posting, why are you voting aptil over mastin?
Policy.
2 problems with this:

1.) There was never a serious wagon like you were implying on either Toomai or myself. Both of those wagons never really went beyond 3 votes, definitely not when Dry-Fit was scum. They were very minor wagons and never leading wagons, meaning there would have been no reason to create a counter-wagon if either of us were scum.

2.) You are discounting the possibility that JKLM could have been a town created wagon, mainly because said players didn't like the Dry-Fit wagon. That's actually a very big oversight Mastin, and one I don't think you would make as town.
In post 611, mastin2 wrote:I actually
have
reached conclusions. I've got a ton of townreads,
and
a preliminary callout on the entirety of both scumteams:

That's incorrect actually. You had already reached your conclusions before you ever did your "reread" or "analysis". Anybody who has been paying attention will notice that your reads have never changed. All you really did was go back to the VCs and come up with ways to justify those reads, which tells me they were fake in the first place. In other words, NJAC is right (and saying what I have been) in that your scumhunting is fake, simply meant to look like the real thing.
Bulbazak is so town that everytime someone votes him Mastin coughs blood.
- Nachomamma8, Maniacal Street Mafia

V/LA during weekends. Now leave me alone!
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #613 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:14 am

Post by Desperado »

In post 612, Bulbazak wrote:2.) You are discounting the possibility that JKLM could have been a town created wagon, mainly because said players didn't like the Dry-Fit wagon. That's actually a very big oversight Mastin, and one I don't think you would make as town.

In post 611, mastin2 wrote:
I actually have reached conclusions. I've got a ton of townreads, and a preliminary callout on the entirety of both scumteams:

That's incorrect actually. You had already reached your conclusions before you ever did your "reread" or "analysis". Anybody who has been paying attention will notice that your reads have never changed. All you really did was go back to the VCs and come up with ways to justify those reads, which tells me they were fake in the first place. In other words, NJAC is right (and saying what I have been) in that your scumhunting is fake, simply meant to look like the real thing.
dingdingding

The JKLM wagon even had Maxousscum on it at the end. JKLM scum getting wagoned by town countering Dryfittown's mislynch makes a lot more sense than Mastin's overcomplicated justification.
;)
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #614 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:00 am

Post by Slandaar »

In post 606, mastin2 wrote: Slandaar's attitude? Goad you into the necromancy war. And despite ultimately knowing it's a bad idea, he succeeded. Falling to the temptation was another sign of the town attitude, and your frustration throughout the whole ordeal was apparent. Slandaar was provoking you into a losing battle. A necromancy war will never end well for the town player, because the town player entering it has already been proven wrong by the flip, and wants to move on.

Basically, you reacted reasonably and sensibly to the whole affair, but were baited into going further by Slandaar, whose entire request was unreasonable. Yes, giving reasons on the day is good, and yes, not giving them before the flip is bad. But entering into a necromancy war about the reasons after the player the reasons are on has flipped town is beating a dead horse, and a town-Slandaar would know better than to do that.
:(

Those are not very nice words Mastin.

Let us put this into perspective now; the wagon was bad, the main reason used for voting Dry was nullified, just like yours was. TSO failed to give any reason to vote Dry yesterday after I asked him at least twice which I wanted so I could show why it is wrong and move him off Dry.

Now I know it is hard to believe, but I am town, so think about it from my perspective, coming into today as town would you expect me to say 'well thats OK TSO you don't need to explain your vote now because that would be unfair'? No.

What would you expect? exactly what happened.

I dislike very much how you have ignored why I asked him today you make it sound like I started a necromancy war out of nowhere which is simply untrue, I didn't actually argue any of his reasoning and it very clearly wasn't out of the blue.

Why is TSO town?
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #615 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:07 am

Post by Slandaar »

In post 607, evilpacman18 wrote: oh! yes see it doesn't matter what Dry flipped, I'm talking about the opportunity you took when he was at L-1 to feign concern and appeal to someone authoritative:
It was very obvious dry was town so feigning concern is actually just genuine concern.

I 'appealed' to Mastin because his vote was actually bunk so his vote should have been removed.

I can tell you are scum.
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #616 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:25 am

Post by T S O »

V/La for short while.
evilpacman18
evilpacman18
Mafia Scum
evilpacman18
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #617 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:21 pm

Post by evilpacman18 »

I'm in the process of rereading the whole game, I'm paying attention to Maxous and the second time around the "JLKM feels town" comment in , with no explanation and at a time where JKLM was putting out some really grimy-sounding posts that made me want to lynch him, it's incriminating.

In fact I'm feeling Maxous, Slandaar and JKLM fire scum team. See the relation between and for instance. ("clearly I was sleepy this morning" is some bullshit)

As far as other scum on that early YungChicago wagon, I'm thinking Yiley. Everyone else on that wagon I'm reading null to town (Garmr, Bulbazak, PeregrineV look town, Desperado idk)
A lot of people early in the game were reading Slandaar as town apparently, idk why I got so shut down when I made the same call a bit later.
Right, I was scum reading aptil, he must be ice. Along with Yiley? Don't remember seeing anything I thought were connections between the two.

I'm not gonna re-review the whole game, just the parts I was more absent for. On to the end of D1…

Yiley, JKLM, Desperado, and PV are notable mainstays of both the Yuni and Dryfit wagons yesterday. Of the four, I'm reading the first two strongly scum, and the latter two weakly town.

Slandaar had one reason for considering me scum, (it was OMGUSy) and I already dismissed it as a difference in the way we define what I accused him of. He is now more certain that I am scum than before. That's pretty backwards and so I will go forward in saying I am more certain he is scum than before.

AH HAH. 487 is just the kind of connection between aptil and Yiley I was hoping to run across.

So we have tentatively
Fire:
Maxous
Slandaar
JKLM

Ice:
Yiley
aptil
????

Bulba, what are you seeing in Yuni? Do you think aptil and Yuni are scum buddies?
mastin might be scum… it's interesting that he seems to have forgotten he's already labeled himself conftown from that "townslip" in his first post
Also Slandaar going after TSO who actually HAS townslipped several times irks me. and have sooooo much of him putting words in TSO's mouth, assuming intentions that can't be rightly assumed, and strawman.
Garmr is doing the Lord's work in , I'm glad we see the same relationship between Maxous and JKLM. do you have an idea of teams yet? and how do you feel about Slandaar?

vote: Slandaar
evilpacman18
evilpacman18
Mafia Scum
evilpacman18
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #618 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:22 pm

Post by evilpacman18 »

I have more time to put into this game now, I think next I'll probably go back and iso all my scum reads and make a post with specific cases.
Toomai
Toomai
Goon
Toomai
Goon
Goon

Post Post #619 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:53 pm

Post by Toomai »

In post 613, Desperado wrote:JKLM scum getting wagoned by town countering Dryfittown's mislynch makes a lot more sense than Mastin's overcomplicated justification.
In post 617, evilpacman18 wrote:
things
I never liked the JKLM slot anyway.

Vote: JKLM
This should be required reading for...everyone for anything, really.
evilpacman18
evilpacman18
Mafia Scum
evilpacman18
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #620 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:06 pm

Post by evilpacman18 »

woah deja vu
In post 378, evilpacman18 wrote:either is fine.
vote: JKLM
vote: JKLM
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #621 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:50 pm

Post by Bulbazak »

In post 617, evilpacman18 wrote: Bulba, what are you seeing in Yuni? Do you think aptil and Yuni are scum buddies?
Yuni is scum. I doubt she's scum with Aptil, though. In fact, replace Slandaar with Yuni, and I think you have a winner. Maxous was heavily defending Yuni, as was JKLM, who was actively seeking a counter wagon. That leaves Aptil as Ice if she is scum. Slandaar and Yiley are both town.

evilpacman18
evilpacman18
Mafia Scum
evilpacman18
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #622 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:30 pm

Post by evilpacman18 »

After that near quicklynch yesterday I'm pretty convinced Yuni is town. Yiley is the read I'm most open on other interpretations with so I'll consider it. Slandaar... well he'll really have to step it up while we deal with lynching JKLM for that read to change.
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #623 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:33 pm

Post by Bulbazak »

Wagon speed means nothing. Yiley's play is reminding me of his town play in his first Newbie game, only without him being so shy.

Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #624 (ISO) » Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:26 am

Post by Slandaar »

In post 376, evilpacman18 wrote: Just checked his iso: Slandaar is avoiding posting anything by complaining about other peoples' posts. JKLM can wait

vote: Slandaar
In post 386, Slandaar wrote:What exactly am I avoiding posting my opinion on Pacman?
In post 453, Slandaar wrote: Don't worry too much about it, wait for him to explain what I was avoiding posting my opinion on then things will be obvious.
In post 520, Slandaar wrote: I think you also meant to say what I was avoiding posting my opinion on.
In post 574, Slandaar wrote: I still want you to tell me what I wasn't posting my opinion on too, you probably should refresh your memory about that when you check what you said I was white knighting.
At least pretend you are town Pacman.
In post 617, evilpacman18 wrote:TSO who actually HAS townslipped
I assume you mean this only looking for one team. Scum only have one team to scumhunt... This after it had been posted about 3 times in thread and was clear it was multiball.

So, what you are telling me is he is town who skipped huge portions of the game?
(hes scum with Yuni and Max it all fits beautifully)

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”