NY 169: The EPIC XD Mafia Game of Greatness (Game Over)

Ser Arthur Dayne
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4300 (ISO) » Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:21 am

Post by Ser Arthur Dayne »

In post 4257, pieguyn wrote:there was plenty of discussion about SC so I'd imagine you should be going back and looking at his wagon and people's stances on him etc.
You want me to analyze a wagon that formed in a half a day for who's scum on it? Are you serious? I'm sorry for not being that good? :|
vezokpiraka: If you are playing on EUNE we can duo.
chesskid3: I play on NA because i enjoy my freedom.
Ser Arthur Dayne
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4301 (ISO) » Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:23 am

In post 4257, pieguyn wrote:and instead you ATTACK THE GUY WHO'S SCRUTINIZING HOW YOUR NULL READ HAMMERED?
I "attack". If you think that's me "attacking" then are you in for a surprise. That was me pointing at something that irked me and found silly.
Ser Arthur Dayne
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4302 (ISO) » Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:27 am

In post 4260, DOMO wrote:
In post 4256, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:
In post 4247, DOMO wrote:I think F-16 is giving me most concern right now.
In post 4172, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:
In post 4168, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:Arthur, can you explain your townread on me?
You benefit literally 0 from the Tammy kill, and in fact, lose a lot.
SAD, I'm interested why this is so. You're saying that he benefits 0 from it, yet here you are insisting that it makes him town. Do you not see why your logic is flawed here? He's benefitted from the tammy kill just because you're towning him for it.
And yes, because the scum knew this, they killed Tammy to frame F-16 because they knew people would think she would never kill her and then when she actually dies people will think that F-16 is then scum because she killed Tammy so people would think she is scum because she tried to make herself town!

Do you see how we can keep going in circles and WIFOM?

I'll choose to follow occam's razor for now.
Ser Arthur Dayne
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4303 (ISO) » Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:31 am

In post 4270, Generic wrote:Now I can easily speculate why these two are excempt from suspicion but I want SADs reasons and his thoughts on their connection to the SC wagon.
Please abort any thought of analyzing the SC wagon THAT GOT HIM LYNCHED and instead look for who was pushing him earlier in the day (which I want to do when I have a bit of time).
Ser Arthur Dayne
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4304 (ISO) » Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:33 am

In post 4271, DOMO wrote:I like muffin's wall there too.
Oh good. We're thinking the same exact opposite.

Muffin can start raking up some scumpoints for his recent posts.
Ser Arthur Dayne
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4305 (ISO) » Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:35 am

In post 4290, MafiaSSK wrote:I don't like the way the Arthur wagon looks...
Lynch this after you lynch me.

Also:
In post 4304, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:
In post 4271, DOMO wrote:I like muffin's wall there too.
Oh good. We're thinking the
same
exact opposite.

Muffin can start raking up some scumpoints for his recent posts.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #4306 (ISO) » Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:56 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 4296, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:
In post 4289, Cephrir wrote:
In post 4268, zMuffinMan wrote: - the way he parked his vote on you D1, followed by parking his vote on me for a majority of the rest of the day. the one with me irked me a bit because i prodded him about it, and he said he wanted me to do something, and then i never did it and he backed off of me and now i'm apparently on the townier side of his middle-tier reads. i can maybe sorta understand it if something i'd done had changed his mind about me? but he hasn't mentioned me at all, really, so i dunno how that happened
This looks like textbook crowd folowwing not that I'm not guilty of that as well
I think I finally nailed what irks me so much about you. It's that you don't read the game, then shamelessly proceed to think you can analyze things you probably haven't even looked at.

Here, I'll help ya out:

1) Do you know what "crowd following" actually is.
2) ISO the mod and tell me the highest number the Pie wagon and the Muffin wagon ever go to while I was on them.
3) Figure out my position on the wagon.

Combine 2 and 3, and then compare them with 1. I think you'll find the results rather fascinating!
Fuck you, I'm reading the game. I just don't fact check minute accusations against people other than me; that's their job.

I don't care about votes as much as most people do. I care about words. If you'd like to argue your suspicions didn't shift with convenient timing, I would consider it a reasonable rebuttal if you could produce evidence, but I don't care nearly enough to look for it myself.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #4307 (ISO) » Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:50 am

Post by BROseidon »

In post 4259, geists wrote:Anyways, ive been deliberately not reading because after FEA and Marketplace my patience for huge fast moving games is at an all-time low. That said, I find Gunsmith not suspect in the least. I had a strong feeling this game would be influenced by the MTGS crossover game which had a similar setup(doc+vig+gunsmith vs Jailor+2 goons). So, I dunno. Working through this.
You should probably swap doc and gunsmith alignments.

Scum have a doc this game, 100%, which then implies a non-doc town PR (JK being more common than BG)

I'm thinking setup looks something like:

Gunsmith
Mason
Mason
JK (BG)
JOAT
Vig
Maybe town BP if the designer/reviewer understand that Vig is an anti-town role, but probably not b/c people are generally under the impression that Vig is a pro-town role because it allows town to do things at night.

Vs.
Goon
Goon/Traitor
Goon/x-shot Strongman
Doc
RB
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #4308 (ISO) » Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:53 am

Post by BROseidon »

In post 4268, zMuffinMan wrote:i kinda agree with him that the stuffed crust wagon is difficult to analyse because of the way it happened, so i don't have a problem with the fact he hasn't put much effort into analysing it
You and SAD both ignoring the buildup on the SC wagon is strange. Yes, the flash wagon at the end is hard to analyze, but you have the entire day leading up to it where SC was constantly under pressure to look at.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #4309 (ISO) » Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:54 am

Post by BROseidon »

Hey everyone in marketplace quick question:

Did muffin aggressively bus one or more of his scum mates there early?
Ser Arthur Dayne
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4310 (ISO) » Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:32 pm

In post 4306, Cephrir wrote:I don't care about votes as much as most people do.
Really? Interesting...
In post 4289, Cephrir wrote:This looks like textbook crowd folowwing not that I'm not guilty of that as well

In post 4306, Cephrir wrote:Fuck you, I'm reading the game. I just don't fact check minute accusations against people other than me; that's their job.
Really? Interesting...
In post 4268, zMuffinMan wrote: - the way he parked his vote on you D1, followed by parking his vote on me for a majority of the rest of the day. the one with me irked me a bit because i prodded him about it, and he said he wanted me to do something, and then i never did it and he backed off of me and now i'm apparently on the townier side of his middle-tier reads. i can maybe sorta understand it if something i'd done had changed his mind about me? but he hasn't mentioned me at all, really, so i dunno how that happened
The accusation here that was made is that I camped my vote. You then proceeded to ACCUSE me of "crowd following". What the fuck do you mean "it's their job". Nothing he said was freaking wrong. THE ACCUSATION YOU MATERIALIZED OUT OF THIN AIR IS. STOP. SCAPEGOATING.

In post 4306, Cephrir wrote:If you'd like to argue your suspicions didn't shift with convenient timing, I would consider it a reasonable rebuttal if you could produce evidence, but I don't care nearly enough to look for it myself.
Ei incumbit probatio qui dicit, non qui negat

Not to mention that statement is terrible for other reasons (for example the fact that you expect me to defend myself when you yourself HAVE NOT PRESENTED A CASE OR ANYTHING FOR ME TO DEFEND AGAINST. In the words of The Hound, "Bugger that. Bugger him. Bugger you.")
Ser Arthur Dayne
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4311 (ISO) » Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:37 pm

Unvote
Vote: Ceph

Hi Jason. I'm not falling for you again!

Before anyone asks, this is falling under the "either extremely terrible or scum". Again, I assume anyone playing mafia and it's not their first time has some competence, so...
Ser Arthur Dayne
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4312 (ISO) » Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:39 pm

In post 4308, BROseidon wrote: You and SAD both ignoring the buildup on the SC wagon is strange. Yes, the flash wagon at the end is hard to analyze, but you have the entire day leading up to it where SC was constantly under pressure to look at.
In post 4308, BROseidon wrote: Please abort any thought of analyzing the SC wagon THAT GOT HIM LYNCHED and instead look for who was pushing him earlier in the day (which I want to do when I have a bit of time).
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4313 (ISO) » Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:41 pm

Post by F-16_Fighting_Falcon »

Arthur, you agreed with me that a Tammy nk shouldn't necessarily make you town but you townread me based on it, why? Wouldn't the same reasoning apply to me?
Ser Arthur Dayne
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4314 (ISO) » Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:47 pm

In post 4313, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:Arthur, you agreed with me that a Tammy nk shouldn't necessarily make you town but you townread me based on it, why? Wouldn't the same reasoning apply to me?
Your scum-partners could agree better with you when you say "I don't want to kill Tammy because she's townreading me and we're bouncing off ideas off each other and I feel I can influence her when we need" rather than were I to say "Hi I don't want to kill Tammy because I'm enjoying playing with her".

Cmon bro. Too ez.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4315 (ISO) » Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:48 pm

Post by Cephrir »

what the fuck is even that post?????????????????
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4316 (ISO) » Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:51 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 4310, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:
Really? Interesting...
In post 4289, Cephrir wrote:This looks like textbook crowd folowwing not that I'm not guilty of that as well

In post 4306, Cephrir wrote:Fuck you, I'm reading the game. I just don't fact check minute accusations against people other than me; that's their job.
Really? Interesting...
The accusation here that was made is that I camped my vote. You then proceeded to ACCUSE me of "crowd following". What the fuck do you mean "it's their job". Nothing he said was freaking wrong. THE ACCUSATION YOU MATERIALIZED OUT OF THIN AIR IS. STOP. SCAPEGOATING.

In post 4306, Cephrir wrote:If you'd like to argue your suspicions didn't shift with convenient timing, I would consider it a reasonable rebuttal if you could produce evidence, but I don't care nearly enough to look for it myself.

Not to mention that statement is terrible for other reasons (for example the fact that you expect me to defend myself when you yourself HAVE NOT PRESENTED A CASE OR ANYTHING FOR ME TO DEFEND AGAINST. In the words of The Hound, "Bugger that. Bugger him. Bugger you.")
1) that's not a contradiction

2) Your read magically changed because everyone else's did; it's their job mean if you have a problem with that assertion then you need to argue with it

3) I don't care whether I have presented a case or not despite this being a massive double standard
Bartleby the Scrivener
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4317 (ISO) » Tue Dec 31, 2013 1:04 pm

Post by F-16_Fighting_Falcon »

In post 4314, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:
In post 4313, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:Arthur, you agreed with me that a Tammy nk shouldn't necessarily make you town but you townread me based on it, why? Wouldn't the same reasoning apply to me?
Your scum-partners could agree better with you when you say "I don't want to kill Tammy because she's townreading me and we're bouncing off ideas off each other and I feel I can influence her when we need" rather than were I to say "Hi I don't want to kill Tammy because I'm enjoying playing with her".

Cmon bro. Too ez.
Okay, I like that your read reversal is internally consistent. It seems like you re-evaluated your reads based on the nk. matches up with that theory.

Cephrir, I'd like a response to my questions in .
KoreanBBQ
KoreanBBQ
Goon
KoreanBBQ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4318 (ISO) » Tue Dec 31, 2013 1:41 pm

Post by KoreanBBQ »

In post 4295, goodmorning wrote:
In post 4258, pieguyn wrote:looking back on his D1 play, I'm not sure if I see the scum motivation in it. first off we had SC who practically had a death note signed thx to GIF scumreading him. instead nacho made a town case and stood by it. and now that he flipped town we know he wasn't trying to defend a buddy, so why would scum nacho directly stand against GIF and everyone who was supporting him (most of the player list)? especially bc he had every opportunity to mislynch SC and he didn't take it 0.0 he could be scum faking, but idk
I feel like you are describing WKing here. Am I wrong?
That's not white knighting.
In post 4309, BROseidon wrote:Hey everyone in marketplace quick question:

Did muffin aggressively bus one or more of his scum mates there early?
Kinda. Nacho bussed Doctor Pepper, who was on Muffins team.
Ser Arthur Dayne
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4319 (ISO) » Tue Dec 31, 2013 1:57 pm

In post 4316, Cephrir wrote:
In post 4310, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:
Really? Interesting...

Really? Interesting...

1) that's not a contradiction

2) Your read magically changed because everyone else's did; it's their job mean if you have a problem with that assertion then you need to argue with it

3) I don't care whether I have presented a case or not despite this being a massive double standard
1) Yes, "textbook crowd following" has NOTHING to do with votes. Dear me, where did I ever get the idea that it does?

2) What the fuck. No. Literally. WHAT. THE. FUCK. You're saying you're going to accuse me of something I didn't do and that IT'S MY JOB OF THEN FIGURING OUT IF IT'S TRUE OR NOT/FACT CHECKING IT? Are you going to keep fucking denying you're scum? "Hi I'm going to spew shit at you and I give no fucks if it's actually true or not that's your job of figuring out! Oh also I'm town!"

3) Yeah I'm done this please die scum.
Ser Arthur Dayne
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4320 (ISO) » Tue Dec 31, 2013 1:59 pm

In post 4316, Cephrir wrote:2) Your read magically changed because everyone else's did; it's their job mean if you have a problem with that assertion then you need to argue with it
My favorite part about this statement is how it subtly implies that he knows he's wrong yet continuing the argument, whereas a town would've admitted he's wrong right away.
Ser Arthur Dayne
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4321 (ISO) » Tue Dec 31, 2013 2:09 pm

In post 4317, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
In post 4314, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:

Cmon bro. Too ez.
Okay, I like that your read reversal is internally consistent. It seems like you re-evaluated your reads based on the nk. matches up with that theory.

Cephrir, I'd like a response to my questions in .
Hi, you seem like a reasonable fellow in this town of crazies please tell me you see where I'm coming from with Ceph and that I'm not just seeing everything he does as scum and it's an ad hom attack.
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4322 (ISO) » Tue Dec 31, 2013 2:12 pm

Post by geists »

Also, Nacho, why is bert in the angels in waiting pile?
KoreanBBQ
KoreanBBQ
Goon
KoreanBBQ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4323 (ISO) » Tue Dec 31, 2013 2:15 pm

Post by KoreanBBQ »

In post 4258, pieguyn wrote:
@anyone with a scumread on bert:
explain
Bert is scum 'cause he was pushing on the SSK wagon but didn't join it.
bc I'm thinking zmuffin might be town here. sure he just owned the fuck out of me in marketplace 3 but there's some things I'd expect scum zmuffin to do that he hasn't done here.
Do you not think Muffin would have the foresight to realize that Mp3 would be fresh on our minds and that he might need to switch up his "meta" to fool us?
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #4324 (ISO) » Tue Dec 31, 2013 2:26 pm

Post by BROseidon »

In post 4310, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:Ei incumbit probatio qui dicit, non qui negat
Tammy being dead means I'm pretty sure I'm the only one who reads Latin.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”