NY 169: The EPIC XD Mafia Game of Greatness (Game Over)

Casso the King of Seals
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4125 (ISO) » Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:49 am

Post by Casso the King of Seals »

In post 4068, DOMO wrote:
In post 3283, Casso the King of Seals wrote:2. geists (fferyllt + Natirasha) - Scum-ish.
So geists is scummy, yet you're willing to lynch me if nati says no to SSK?

Why are you willing to sheep a scumread of yours?

vote casso
Thor.
Casso the King of Seals
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4126 (ISO) » Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:55 am

Post by Casso the King of Seals »

In post 4081, DOMO wrote:Casso can go today, currently my favoured lynch. I'm not liking hydra dissonance, and there's plenty other reason for concern.
Hydra dissonance is going to happen when you have two very very different players in one slot and both players are very opinionated (look at Korean BBQ, for example). I don't think that disagreeing on certain small stances should be scummy at all to you considering I have obviously been the primary posting head of this hydra and as a whole, most major things that this hydra has done have been done by me. And, if you look before in my ISO, you will notice that the Nacho head has treated geists as town for the majority of the game and has not budged a bit in that respect.

Feel free to post your other reasons for concern, though.
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #4127 (ISO) » Sun Dec 29, 2013 5:36 am

Post by goodmorning »

Dissonance is one thing. Using the dissonance like you've been using it is a bit different.

unvote
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #4128 (ISO) » Sun Dec 29, 2013 5:37 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 4111, BROseidon wrote:2) Ceph/DOMO spat is weird as, especially given their day 1 interactions that looked like potential buddies. Could be some sort of a distancing play? Someone who's not on vacation should probably look at that.
Getting tired of this naive viewpoint though.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
DOMO
DOMO
Mafia Scum
DOMO
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4129 (ISO) » Sun Dec 29, 2013 5:44 am

Post by DOMO »

In post 4124, Casso the King of Seals wrote:
In post 4062, DOMO wrote:ceph is in my null pile, in case anyone wanted to know.
Then why did you stop the push on him?
idk, maybe because I'd rather push a scum read than a null read?
In post 4126, Casso the King of Seals wrote:Feel free to post your other reasons for concern, though.
I already have, that was mostly in reference to your push at me and SAD yesterday.
In post 4109, Desperado wrote:
In post 4102, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:Desperado, how have your reads changed since the point you mentioned SC, Geists, Maraca, DOMO, and Dayne as your suspects? What are your reads on DOMO and Geists now? Do you have any other strong reads?
the only one i'm looking to lynch right now is dayne

i don't understand why everyone is conftowning domo for being super-paranoid, as if voting someone for townreading you is a difficult scum move or something. i don't think paranoia is as rocksolid of a towntell as some others do

geists is still scum, maraca is still a mason

pie, generic, bro, bert are town
desp is no longer leaning town.
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #4130 (ISO) » Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:18 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

Vote: Desperado

Vote has no relation with what DOMO just said, but i find it odd that he was super convinced I was scum yesterday and stopped the push today.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Ser Arthur Dayne
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4131 (ISO) » Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:25 am

Post by Ser Arthur Dayne »

In post 4118, Casso the King of Seals wrote: Why did you bring up the argument about SSK being a bad lynch even if he were scum then?
I'll be honest I just didn't want that lynch to go through when there were better ones.
vezokpiraka: If you are playing on EUNE we can duo.
chesskid3: I play on NA because i enjoy my freedom.
Ser Arthur Dayne
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4132 (ISO) » Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:27 am

And like I still maintain that it the lynch was purely random at that point, but you probably guessed right since I hate his claim and the way he claimed (and he's now risen on my scumradar).

So props to you for guessing correct on something that had complete random probability? Go you!
Ser Arthur Dayne
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4133 (ISO) » Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:32 am

Here, I made tiers, enjoy!

Bert, Desperado
MafiaSSK, geists, Cephrir
pieguyn, BROseidon, KoreanBBQ, Norlkaz, zMuffinMan
goodmorning, Sakura, DOMO, Generic
Casso, F-16, MC Maraca

Top -> Down - Scummiest to least. People within a tier are arranged most to least also.

Don't ever touch anything in the last two tiers unless they claim scum (I mean or something nearly as bad or PoE?). The middle tier should actually be split into two with the first two being higher (and Ceph maybe joining them?), but w/e I like the symmetry of 5 tiers. If you're keen you'll also notice I've developed a scumread on geists!
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4134 (ISO) » Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:35 am

Post by MafiaSSK »

In post 4133, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:Here, I made tiers, enjoy!

Bert, Desperado
MafiaSSK, geists, Cephrir
pieguyn, BROseidon, KoreanBBQ, Norlkaz, zMuffinMan
goodmorning, Sakura, DOMO, Generic
Casso, F-16, MC Maraca

Top -> Down - Scummiest to least. People within a tier are arranged most to least also.

Don't ever touch anything in the last two tiers unless they claim scum (I mean or something nearly as bad or PoE?). The middle tier should actually be split into two with the first two being higher (and Ceph maybe joining them?), but w/e I like the symmetry of 5 tiers. If you're keen you'll also notice I've developed a scumread on geists!
Any chance you could explain those tiers? Because I disagree with nearly everything right there.
Call me "SSK, or "ssk". Mafia is my father.
DOMO
DOMO
Mafia Scum
DOMO
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4135 (ISO) » Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:44 am

Post by DOMO »

In post 4133, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:If you're keen you'll also notice I've developed a scumread on geists!
Any reason why I'm in the "don't touch" group, but you're ignoring my hard towning of geists today?
Ser Arthur Dayne
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4136 (ISO) » Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:50 am

In post 4134, MafiaSSK wrote: Any chance you could explain those tiers? Because I disagree with nearly everything right there.
Well, we can start with you posting what you disagree with, and I will reply with either "gut" or "either terrible or scum". But srsly feel free to post what you disagree with.
In post 4134, MafiaSSK wrote: Any reason why I'm in the "don't touch" group, but you're ignoring my hard towning of geists today?
Because you're town, and I have a scumread on geists? I only actually sheep my townread's reads when I have a null.
DOMO
DOMO
Mafia Scum
DOMO
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4137 (ISO) » Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:59 am

Post by DOMO »

In post 4136, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:Because you're town, and I have a scumread on geists? I only actually sheep my townread's reads when I have a null.
But I've been hinting that I got night info, did you not notice or do you just not believe me? And if you don't believe me, why am I town?
Ser Arthur Dayne
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4138 (ISO) » Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:01 am

Also MafiaSSK are you actually keeping up with the thread or are you having your scumbuddies posting summaries for you in the scum QT of what's happening?

Because oddly enough you look like you're either keeping up with this thread and hardcore lurking or not actually keeping up with the thread and getting epiphanies or something about what's happening.
Ser Arthur Dayne
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4139 (ISO) » Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:14 am

In post 4137, DOMO wrote:
In post 4136, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:Because you're town, and I have a scumread on geists? I only actually sheep my townread's reads when I have a null.
But I've been hinting that I got night info, did you not notice or do you just not believe me? And if you don't believe me, why am I town?
I believe that once you are ready to fully out what info you have or may not have I will make my decision about whether and where to move geists. I also believe that if you do not have night info you are likely to call someone town based on logic that you think makes sense to you in your head, but actually turns out wrong.

I mean no offense to you by this but I think you can be easily emotionally manipulated based on the open we played together and you're very tunneled to small things and make them out to be bigger than they actually are. Thus, you spin stories in your head and forge events that relate to someone's alignment that were actually minuscule in size, but were made monumental by your illusions.
DOMO
DOMO
Mafia Scum
DOMO
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4140 (ISO) » Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:46 am

Post by DOMO »

In post 4139, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:I mean no offense to you by this but I think you can be easily emotionally manipulated based on the open we played together and you're very tunneled to small things and make them out to be bigger than they actually are. Thus, you spin stories in your head and forge events that relate to someone's alignment that were actually minuscule in size, but were made monumental by your illusions.
There's some truth to this, but I recognise this and as such I'm totally willing to hard reset if I think I'm way off on my reads.

That said, I'm convinced geists is town. Either because I know, or due to her reaction to today's events. She caught me lying and has not pushed that as a scum tell. I can't see any scum motivation in that at all.

So geists is untouchable afaic.
DOMO
DOMO
Mafia Scum
DOMO
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4141 (ISO) » Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:55 am

Post by DOMO »

Assuming SSK is town, he should totally be tossing a coin between me and geists tonight.

And until we get a doc cc, SSK is also untouchable.

SAD, why is BBQ in the same group as pie and BRO? How is BBQ less town than I am? BBQ claimed vanilla and self voted in an attempt to sacrifice himself. If that's a scum move, it's a very good one.
DOMO
DOMO
Mafia Scum
DOMO
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4142 (ISO) » Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:13 am

Post by DOMO »

Fuck it I'm gonna claim, I think it's pretty obvious that I'm an important PR. My crumb got messy and I tried to WIFOM my way out of it, I don't think scum are all that fooled and clarifying the situation makes it more likely I get protection and people can back the fuck off geists.

crumb -
In post 3825, DOMO wrote:I've gotta say I think geists is town.
I'm gunsmith, geists is clean. I checked her out because I wasn't able to get a solid read off her through d1 and I didn't want any distrust between us, ffery is good to work with when she's town.

SSK should protect me tonight. A town watcher should be watching SSK in case he's blocked or targetted. If geists goes, well I hope she's not a cop or watcher. And if she's scum with no gun, then SSK is legit.

I like that the vig got killed on d1, fwiw. It means no town massacre, and I can be sure that those with a gun are not town.

So SSK protect me, watcher keep an eye on SSK. If we have a cop, quietly go about your business and hopefully between us we can wrap this up on d3 or d4. I'm going to provide a list of people I might look up tonight, so if we have a cop he should look elsewhere.
DOMO
DOMO
Mafia Scum
DOMO
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4143 (ISO) » Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:23 am

Post by DOMO »

In post 4093, DOMO wrote:SAD muffin ceph pie BRO
This is where we should be lynching today. This is going to be my target group tonight.
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #4144 (ISO) » Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:27 am

Post by goodmorning »

In post 4142, DOMO wrote:I'm gunsmith, geists is clean. I checked her out because I wasn't able to get a solid read off her through d1 and I didn't want any distrust between us, ffery is good to work with when she's town.
But there are all kinds of Scummy things that can come up clean to a Gunsmith - most notably Mafia Doctor and SK.
SSK should protect me tonight. A town watcher should be watching SSK in case he's blocked or targetted. If geists goes, well I hope she's not a cop or watcher.
And if she's scum with no gun, then SSK is legit.
And how would you propose we discover this?
I like that the vig got killed on d1, fwiw. It means no town massacre, and I can be sure that those with a gun are not town.
Cop, some JOATs, another Gunsmith...?
DOMO
DOMO
Mafia Scum
DOMO
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4145 (ISO) » Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:32 am

Post by DOMO »

In post 4144, goodmorning wrote:But there are all kinds of Scummy things that can come up clean to a Gunsmith - most notably Mafia Doctor and SK.
Doesn't look like we have a SK, and yeah I'm aware a scum doc shows up clean.
In post 4144, goodmorning wrote:And how would you propose we discover this?
The assumption is that if SSK is scum, he's scum doc. So if geists is scum doc, then SSK isn't.
In post 4144, goodmorning wrote:Cop, some JOATs, another Gunsmith...?
I have a gun? And yes I realise I'm not as strong as a cop, that there are some town roles who have guns. But I can at least force a claim, and scum are likely to default fakeclaim cop to try and draw a real cop out. If there's a cop who I'm scumreading, he should probably get on my good side so I don't force his claim.
DOMO
DOMO
Mafia Scum
DOMO
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4146 (ISO) » Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:59 am

Post by DOMO »

I think if there's a town doc who's not SSK, he should claim. Docs are not all that powerful, but a cc would give us an easy lynch in SSK, while ensuring a town watcher, if we have one, watches a town doc instead of scum doc.

I don't want to see an immdeiate claim, I'd like to see discussion, the pros and cons.
MC Maraca
MC Maraca
Mafia Scum
MC Maraca
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4147 (ISO) » Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:05 am

Post by MC Maraca »

Cabd: "hell, mc maraca is a two lady hydra of justice"
MC Maraca
MC Maraca
Mafia Scum
MC Maraca
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4148 (ISO) » Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:06 am

Post by MC Maraca »

As in "doc usually serves as the godfather for a gunsmith; especially when there's a full vig in the setup"
Cabd: "hell, mc maraca is a two lady hydra of justice"
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #4149 (ISO) » Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:06 am

Post by Cephrir »