NY 169: The EPIC XD Mafia Game of Greatness (Game Over)

Empire
Empire
Mafia Scum
Empire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4100 (ISO) » Sat Dec 28, 2013 8:37 pm

Post by Empire »

Day 2, Votecount 8
Ser Arthur Dayne (3)
-
Casso the King of Seals, Bert, Desperado

Bert (2)
-
KoreanBBQ, Ser Arthur Dayne

pieguyn (1)
-
DOMO

zMuffinMan (1)
-
goodmorning

Not Voting (11)
-
geists, MC Maraca, F-16_Fighting_Falcon, MafiaSSK, pieguyn, BROseidon, Norlkaz, Sakura Hana, zMuffinMan, Cephrir, Generic

With 18 alive, it takes 10 to lynch! Deadline is on January 11th at 10:10 AM EST (expired on 2014-01-11 11:10:12)

Mod Notes
-
BROseidon is V/LA until January 3rd. Generic is V/LA until Monday.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4101 (ISO) » Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:32 pm

Post by F-16_Fighting_Falcon »

Cephrir, a few questions:
1) Explain your reversal of read on me. Everything you quoted in your catch up post seemed like you found it scummy.
2) Are you serious about the posts of Sakura that you quoted saying that you agreed why she was run up?

As for your , I thought you were probably scum through POE but I wasn't hardcore scumreading you until your post about the frequency of my readslists. It smacks of scum painting null things as scummy. It was the final straw in a list of catchups I didn't like.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4102 (ISO) » Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:36 pm

Desperado, how have your reads changed since the point you mentioned SC, Geists, Maraca, DOMO, and Dayne as your suspects? What are your reads on DOMO and Geists now? Do you have any other strong reads?
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4103 (ISO) » Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:39 pm

In post 4035, MC Maraca wrote:And for the record, there's an internal fight going on about f16 and casso in our Skype area. Cabd (me, hi) says f16 town after last few irl days of day 1. Mara thinks opposite. flip respectively for nachothor.
Awesome. Looks like we can catch scum together after all. What are your thoughts about the players in my leftovers pile?
MC Maraca
MC Maraca
Mafia Scum
MC Maraca
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4104 (ISO) » Sat Dec 28, 2013 11:12 pm

Post by MC Maraca »

He's lying about our fight over you :(

though the nachothor one is pretty legit
Cabd: "hell, mc maraca is a two lady hydra of justice"
MC Maraca
MC Maraca
Mafia Scum
MC Maraca
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4105 (ISO) » Sat Dec 28, 2013 11:17 pm

Post by MC Maraca »

In post 4019, Cephrir wrote:I see someone voting Bert. They should probably stop that.

Continuation of catchup incoming.
tell me why

also tell me what problems do you have over my T/S list.

other than Falcon/tammy being scum
MC Maraca
MC Maraca
Mafia Scum
MC Maraca
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4106 (ISO) » Sat Dec 28, 2013 11:25 pm

Post by MC Maraca »

In post 3983, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:Leftovers:
14) BRO
15) Norlkaz
16) Cephrir
17) Arthur
I like Arthur and Bro (for scum) from this list the most I think
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4107 (ISO) » Sun Dec 29, 2013 1:35 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

geists wrote:zmuffin who else are you scumreading?
hmm, you're probably not going to like this. i'm going to have to take a rain check on giving a proper answer. i'm thinking of scrapping all my current reads and starting over because i'm not confident about any of my scum reads atm (or at least nowhere near as confident as i'd like to be). and i actually have a little time on my hands over the next few days so i can do some reading.

at the start of today i woulda said casso, norlkaz, maybe desp, maybe domo, maybe mafiassk. but really, i don't have strong reasons for any of those that aren't essentially poe from townreads and not liking some of the things they've written. and most of my town reads are basically gut because i haven't been paying close enough attention to this game so far

so yeah. i'll prob start going through ISOs when i wake up because i can't be fucked reading ISOs tonight
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4108 (ISO) » Sun Dec 29, 2013 1:49 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

goodmorning wrote:I do not think I am comfortable with his posting
*shrug* i'm not comfortable with my posting either, so join the club, i guess?
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4109 (ISO) » Sun Dec 29, 2013 3:29 am

Post by Desperado »

In post 4102, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:Desperado, how have your reads changed since the point you mentioned SC, Geists, Maraca, DOMO, and Dayne as your suspects? What are your reads on DOMO and Geists now? Do you have any other strong reads?
the only one i'm looking to lynch right now is dayne

i don't understand why everyone is conftowning domo for being super-paranoid, as if voting someone for townreading you is a difficult scum move or something. i don't think paranoia is as rocksolid of a towntell as some others do

geists is still scum, maraca is still a mason

pie, generic, bro, bert are town
;)
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #4110 (ISO) » Sun Dec 29, 2013 3:30 am

Post by BROseidon »

In post 4041, Cephrir wrote:Bro: Not playing the way I've seen him play scum, and when he does bother to grace us with his presence I like him.
My apologies for having a normal post count in this spamfest of a game.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #4111 (ISO) » Sun Dec 29, 2013 3:40 am

Post by BROseidon »

A few points:

1) You fuckers need to slow the fuck down. I have ~120 posts by early day 2 and that's considered lurking.

2) Ceph/DOMO spat is weird as, especially given their day 1 interactions that looked like potential buddies. Could be some sort of a distancing play? Someone who's not on vacation should probably look at that.

3) Has Norlkaz done anything this game?

I'm off to the beach. Cheers!
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #4112 (ISO) » Sun Dec 29, 2013 3:46 am

Post by Cephrir »

VOTE: Arthur

Sheeping Casso because I also agree with them.

Responses later, rushing out door.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Ser Arthur Dayne
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4113 (ISO) » Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:23 am

Post by Ser Arthur Dayne »

In post 4089, Desperado wrote:there is no purpose to this statement other than for dayne to remind you that he's town for rlz
Yeah haha lolz I'm totes not town for rlz you got me on that one statement in the after game discussion and/or dead queue plz try to explainz without looking like a complete moron how you felt when I flipped town after lynching me on that statement lolz.
vezokpiraka: If you are playing on EUNE we can duo.
chesskid3: I play on NA because i enjoy my freedom.
Ser Arthur Dayne
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4114 (ISO) » Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:24 am

Hmm it can't be possible that the whole scumteam (minus nacho) is jumping on my wagon can it.

Hmmm.
Ser Arthur Dayne
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4115 (ISO) » Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:25 am

I'll get back to you on that, V/LA on Sundays.
Casso the King of Seals
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4116 (ISO) » Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:25 am

Post by Casso the King of Seals »

In post 3922, DOMO wrote:
In post 3921, KoreanBBQ wrote:Nobody cares about my vote on ssk and y'all only comments on gen's vote
It hurts my already scarred feelings :(
Yeah but you unvoted didn't you? Plus you claimed vanilla and tried to sacrifice yourself to avoid a PR mislynch. I have no interest in pressing you. You'r town as fuck.
I agree with this. The "fuck it, nobody is lynching my top scumread anyways" attitude in particular was also something extremely unlikely to be coming from GiF scum as a gambit when he could probably swing the wagon anywhere he liked in the name of deadline panic.
Casso the King of Seals
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4117 (ISO) » Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:26 am

In post 3927, KoreanBBQ wrote:
In post 3911, Casso the King of Seals wrote:
In post 3909, Generic wrote:That's a point. SSK claimed doc by lived through the night? When does that EVER happen?

vote mafiaSSK
It happens when he's scum or incredibly mislynchable.
Do you think he's incredibly mislynchable even with the doc claim?
Considering at least 3 people have said "SSK survived the night? Hmmm.", yes.
Casso the King of Seals
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4118 (ISO) » Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:28 am

In post 3929, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:
In post 3900, Casso the King of Seals wrote:
In post 3609, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:So who's good enough to analyze mafiassk's whopping 34 posts for scum-relationship tells if he flips scum?
Tammy responded to this defense as if this wasn't something you cared about normally, which alarmed me. Why did you start caring about them here?

VOTE: SAD
Umm, I actually always cared about them?
In post 3707, Tammy wrote:
In post 3634, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:
In post 3628, KoreanBBQ wrote:R u kidding me
We don't need associate tells to hunt scum
Okay feel free to go hunt by magic but I'd MUCH prefer a wagon that actually yields info.
When did you become a big ol information lynch person? I'm pretty sure I remember that once when I was scum and lurked and trolled, you declared that were going to travel to everyone's houses and type my name in to ensure my lynch when there was literally no information to be gained from my lynch because i didn't do anything.

I mean I get it if you're town reading SSK, but other than that when did you do big associative tells for scum hunting?
The difference between the game she mentioned here and this one is in that one I had a SCUMREAD on her. I have no problem with lynching one of my scumreads when it will yield no information. I do, however, have a problem with lynching a completely null read that will yield no information, especially when there were so many better lynch options. In the particular game she mentioned, I believe she was by far the best lynch option of the day, and again, I was scumreading her.
Why did you bring up the argument about SSK being a bad lynch even if he were scum then?
Casso the King of Seals
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4119 (ISO) » Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:30 am

In post 3935, Bert wrote:
Vote: Ser Arthur Dayne

Scummiest statement I've read today.
In post 3946, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:
In post 3934, Bert wrote:
In post 3930, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:Also I quite enjoy playing with Tammy so even had I been scum I wouldn't have supported a kill on her this early, but etc.
:lol:

I call BULL-****

lynch this
You do realize part of the reason I replaced into this game was because Tammy was playing and I hadn't played a game with her in so long and I finally had some free time? (And the other reason was because of Empire-mod).
This argument seems pretty genuine.
Casso the King of Seals
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4120 (ISO) » Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:34 am

In post 3953, DOMO wrote:I accuse you of being scum because you push me in a manner that ignores the idea that I could be a town PR.

ffery is town because she has been given cause for alarm, effectively catching me lying to explain my townread on her, yet doesn't push me further because I suspect she knows what I'm doing.

You're scum because town should stop pushing me and wait to see if I get NK'ed. Your motivation is scum motivated. If you're actually town, you're doing them a favour here, because by lynching me, you answer the question of my role without them having to NK.

And what the fuck has carbon monoxide got to do with anything? It sucks that IRL is dealing you shit cards for the time being, but that has nothing to do with this game. We all have IRL problems, I'm not going to bring my problems to the game. You're not tearing me a new arsehole, I'm not a moron, I'm just playing this game and trying to determine people's alignments, as you should be doing. But you're not, you're pressing me, after I soft claim and admit I'm trying to WIFOM scum. You're ignoring the massive amount of town motivation in my actions, and focussing on my attack on you. Even if I'm wrong about you, that doesn't make me scum. But that isn't your thought process.
I don't like the "maybe I'm PR" bit that much simply because it's so out in the open and blatant: if you really thought it was scummy for people to talk about it or pursue it, then you're comment at the beginning of the day would be more than enough to get the crumb out (not to mention there aren't many people who think geists-scum anyways, so). The proper scum play when seeing PR crumbs is to shut up and investigate them during the night, not launch a full-frontal attack on them.
Casso the King of Seals
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4121 (ISO) » Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:39 am

In post 4011, BROseidon wrote:I've like, super power skimmed most of what I'm behind on.

If SSK is around for too long, I'm PLing that shit. I'll leave "too long" ambiguous for now. Only concern I have is that he's a strong scum PR gambiting to stay alive as long as possible.

Also, if anyone expects me to remotely keep up with this spamfest while I'm V/LA, they can go eat some durian. Or something.
I agree with this.
Casso the King of Seals
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4122 (ISO) » Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:40 am

In post 4015, MC Maraca wrote:Regardless, I am ok with lynching bert but I am not at all interested in laying down a vote at this moment when the day has just started and I can still talk to nqcho about stuff.

We aren't going to last forever
:igmeou:
Why would you lynch Bert?
Casso the King of Seals
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4123 (ISO) » Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:47 am

In post 4052, MC Maraca wrote:
In post 3841, Casso the King of Seals wrote:
In post 3769, MC Maraca wrote:
In post 3711, Casso the King of Seals wrote:
In post 3614, MC Maraca wrote:Sakura Hana
Norlkaz
Ser Arthur Dayne
BROseidon
MafiaSSK/Bert

these are my null's in the order of towniest --> scummiest
I think Sakura is town.
Norlkaz is pure null.
SAD is null leaning town right now. Bert point on why SAD is unlikely to defend SSK as scum is actually a pretty good point.
BRO was town before, but I have less faith in that read than I did before.
SSK, no clue.
Bert, town.
you thought Bert was town in the Open game.
I did.
then why are you so confident in your read on him this game when he completely fooled you there?
My play there was some of the shittiest town play that I've put into a thread in a very, very long time. I'm pretty aware where I went wrong in my Bert-town assertion there, just like where I went wrong in my you-town and NS-town assertions (posting? town!). I think that the Bert has a certain something that he never really came close to having in BRO-game.

What is Cabd-read on Bert?
Casso the King of Seals
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4124 (ISO) » Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:48 am

In post 4062, DOMO wrote:ceph is in my null pile, in case anyone wanted to know.
Then why did you stop the push on him?

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”