NY 169: The EPIC XD Mafia Game of Greatness (Game Over)

Empire
Empire
Mafia Scum
Empire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3775 (ISO) » Wed Dec 25, 2013 6:23 pm

Post by Empire »

Day 1, Votecount 72
Stuffed Crust (7)
-
Cephrir, geists, Tammy, Desperado, Bert, Sakura Hana, MafiaSSK

MafiaSSK (3)
-
Casso the King of Seals, Ser Arthur Dayne, pieguyn

Casso the King of Seals (3)
-
zMuffinMan, goodmorning, Generic

Desperado (1)
-
MC Maraca

KoreanBBQ (1)
-
KoreanBBQ

Sakura Hana (1)
-
DOMO

F-16_Fighting_Falcon (1)
-
BROseidon

goodmorning (1)
-
Norlkaz

Not Voting (2)
-
F-16_Fighting_Falcon, Stuffed Crust

With 20 alive, it takes 11 to lynch! Deadline is on December 26th at 3:45 PM EST or in (expired on 2013-12-26 16:44:27)

Mod Notes
-
Varsoon head of Stuffed Crust V/LA until January 25th. F-16_Fighting_Falcon is V/LA until the 31st. goodmorning is V/LA until the 26th. DOMO is V/LA until the 27th. Generic is V/LA until the 26th.
Last edited by Empire on Wed Dec 25, 2013 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3776 (ISO) » Wed Dec 25, 2013 6:24 pm

Post by F-16_Fighting_Falcon »

In post 3721, Sakura Hana wrote:I can provide links were i self-vote as scum, i cant remember where I asked to be lynched or AtE'd as I dont remember any of those =/
Glad if you can provide them tho
Yeah, providing them would be awesome.
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3777 (ISO) » Wed Dec 25, 2013 6:25 pm

Post by geists »

In post 3774, Cephrir wrote:
In post 3771, geists wrote:Players of concern are Bro, zmuffin, domo and to a lesser extent Ceph and Sakura. I'm not totally buying in to the blacklist tell variant.

I have no idea how to read SAD or llamarble at this point.
How did I fall down your scumlist in the intervening 40 pages without doing a single thing?
It's not a scum list so much as a hellifino list. You really haven't put enough into the thread for me to feel confident about your alignment. If I die on night 1, then I want it on record that day 2 figuring you out would have been one of my projects.

I should have added pieguyn to that list. I feel better about him sometimes, and his completely unabashed thread-skimming at this point is probably more of a town thing than a scum thing. But...his casso vote earlier today blew me away.
MC Maraca
MC Maraca
Mafia Scum
MC Maraca
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3778 (ISO) » Wed Dec 25, 2013 6:27 pm

Post by MC Maraca »

In post 3602, MC Maraca wrote:I don't wanna lynch anyone in my town-tiers so Domo is out of the question, but I
could
go onto SAD
I lied, I personally wouldn't cry over Pie-lynch or Domo lynch but I might be a little bit more opposed to the Domo lynch. I had them there because Cabd had a strong town-read on them both.
Cabd: "hell, mc maraca is a two lady hydra of justice"
Bert
Bert
Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra
Bert

Post Post #3779 (ISO) » Wed Dec 25, 2013 6:29 pm

Post by Bert »

In post 3771, geists wrote:Players of concern are Bro, zmuffin, domo and to a lesser extent Ceph and Sakura. I'm not totally buying in to the blacklist tell variant.

this will be useful. I'm actually starting to think you're town, but ehh...

I got blasted for my "reads list" but really at this point without looking back, I'd go with Pie as scum [that would be who I'd lynch], and guessing any of the rest without me doing more work is nothing more than a crapshoot and a blind shot (unfortunately).

I also have a terrible habit of scumreading people who scumread me when I'm town (looks at Maraca, GIF), so I'm not even going to comment on them for a while
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3780 (ISO) » Wed Dec 25, 2013 6:34 pm

I wouldn't mind going with DOMO or BRO either. I still like the StuffedCrust wagon. I feel that is mostly town at the moment combined with the fact that it didn't go through earlier. The thing that makes me hesitate is Nacho's certainty that SC is town.
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3781 (ISO) » Wed Dec 25, 2013 6:38 pm

Post by geists »

In post 3780, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:

I wouldn't mind going with DOMO or BRO either. I still like the StuffedCrust wagon. I feel that is mostly town at the moment combined with the fact that it didn't go through earlier. The thing that makes me hesitate is Nacho's certainty that SC is town.
If Mac had done something more than drunkpost after he got the reprieve I'd probably feel better about him. But he basically did another fade after the governor signed his pardon, so to speak.
MC Maraca
MC Maraca
Mafia Scum
MC Maraca
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3782 (ISO) » Wed Dec 25, 2013 6:40 pm

Post by MC Maraca »

In post 3710, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:@ : Mara, I haven't worked with you because you seemed very unapproachable. You barely engaged me and simply re-posted your case for the lurkers (which you didn't update after my responses). So, I reacted instinctively by trying to work with others as opposed to you. If you do want to work with me or actually try to sort me, I am more than happy to engage you so we can stop this pointless distraction and lynch scum. The "
but that is not what you said before
" arguments aren't things I can address for you because the statements themselves are accurate. But it isn't scummy to change my viewpoint.
I'm not exactly the most hospitable person when it comes to my scum-reads, that's pretty much true.

that being said, I don't think engaging with you will do much good. I'm liable to go back down in that spiral if I try to sort you out myself, and Nacho's effort in making sure I stop tunneling town will have all been for naught.

you are more then welcome to talk to me about my null-list though.
MC Maraca
MC Maraca
Mafia Scum
MC Maraca
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3783 (ISO) » Wed Dec 25, 2013 6:42 pm

Post by MC Maraca »

or, better yet

talk to me about my other scum-read and/or place a vote there.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3784 (ISO) » Wed Dec 25, 2013 6:45 pm

Post by Tammy »

In post 3764, geists wrote:
In post 3746, KoreanBBQ wrote:Geists: fery has been awfully waffly today. I don't even remember if I've ever seen her this waffly. As Nero pointed out, her claim to follow my read on SC when I already had a read on him before then was weird. I didn't bother reading nati. Ultimately town, but with little bit of reservation.
I absolutely am waffly and I'm not making any bones about that. I thought this player list would necessarily lead to strong day 1 reads. That mostly hasn't been the case. My reads have veered and reversed course again and again.

What I am not is hedgy.
Funny how that works sometimes.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3785 (ISO) » Wed Dec 25, 2013 6:49 pm

Post by Tammy »

I don't get why sad defending ssk is a point in his favor. Scum *do* defend people and the way he went about it was really weird. The don't accuse me of bussing if he comes back scum was weird too.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3786 (ISO) » Wed Dec 25, 2013 6:50 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 2780, MC Maraca wrote:
In post 2625, Empire wrote:MC Maraca (3) - Tammy, BROseidon, Desperado
Plus F16'
Plus Stuffed Crust

At least one scum in that list of five. If it's not F16 who is it?
GEE I DUNNO

I CAN'T FIND ANY POSSIBLE SCUM IN THAT LIST!!!!

Seriosuly though why do you essentially clear both sc and desperado here? Bro is a stretch too.
In post 2836, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:I doubt Maraca are a viable wagon today after the claim. I am open to lynching Geists. Not at all confident in the read but I dislike the other wagons although I am not entirely sure about SC.

Key points:
1) Pie read doesn't make sense. That they continued pushing it rather than engaging after I posted a pile of evidence to prove them wrong is unsettling. I don't feel ffery as town would be as hardheaded or unresponsive to alternative viewpoints.
2) Reads on me and MC don't make sense. They condone MC's anti-town play while acting as if I'm "fanning the flames." Even if MC are town, I doubt town would blame anyone for attacking them. Mara's "gambit" was probably the most useless, anti-town one I ever saw.
3) I don't like ffery's attack on Bert for "
testing the waters.
" Seems to be a tactic straight out of scum-ffery's playbook in response to accusations.

VOTE: Geists
Uh, don't you call them obvtown like 2 seconds after this?
In post 2886, Casso the King of Seals wrote:
In post 2490, Bert wrote:Oops last post I meant *townreading me*, not *townreading*

OK, so basically I think Casso/Nacho usually like can't resist buddying or some kind of charm/charisma exuding out naturally

I don't feel anything but robotic walls this game
People generally don't find me convincing until I find them something to convince them of. I occasionally drift through a day 1 similar to this day and unfortunately no one finds waffle nacho as charming or dashing as conviction nacho.
Interestingly, this was why Nacho was lynched in Hard Boiled.

Nonetheless I liked the response here.
In post 2901, Norlkaz wrote:The scumteam is:
Goodmorning
Bert
Cephrir
Tammy
Casso

I was going to make a scumteam A and a scumteam B, but these 5 are all together.
VOTE: Bert
This scumlist is so bad that I might actually be the best scumread on it.

Is your gimmick on this account doing the opposite of anything that makes sense?
In post 2938, BROseidon wrote:
In post 2728, MC Maraca wrote:Hi!

Guess what. I'm back and about to piss off a few people~

Mara's cool with it so whatever.

I wifomed the mason retract but
I am seriously a mason
. (Yes tammy you get to fucking get over yourself) No, not with broseidon. Who I'm partnered with should be obvious but we're not talking about it in any way shape or form today.

The real main reason I'm claiming is this, though.

We have daychat

This means scum has daychat too, most likely not as a part of a role, but merely granted by the setup mechanics. (I just checked, you don't have to have an encyptor to allow daychat in normal games) I decided my lifespan shortening a day or two is worth the info this grants; because hey, I'm pretty shit for reads this game anyways.
k

UNVOTE: MC
I don't think I have to comment on how weird it is that you back off here without saying a single thing but it's pretty weird.

It's also weird that only one person proceeds to call you out on this post.
In post 2960, MC Maraca wrote:because, he is literally the only one, who has had people suspecting who hasn't had a wagon grown on him.
A) Not literally true
B) Who would care if it was, I get what you're saying but these things only trike me as significant when they become a consistent pattern.
In post 2971, Norlkaz wrote:Tammy is town.
VOTE: Goodmorning
OK, confirmation, your gimmick is ridiculously stupid.
In post 2992, Sakura Hana wrote:Heh, just kidding
Unvote
Vote: SC
:biggreentowncheckmark:
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
MC Maraca
MC Maraca
Mafia Scum
MC Maraca
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3787 (ISO) » Wed Dec 25, 2013 6:53 pm

Post by MC Maraca »

In post 3786, Cephrir wrote:Seriosuly though why do you essentially clear both sc and desperado here? Bro is a stretch too.
?

cabd didn't clear anyone in that list?
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3788 (ISO) » Wed Dec 25, 2013 7:21 pm

In post 3614, MC Maraca wrote:Sakura Hana
Norlkaz
Ser Arthur Dayne
BROseidon
MafiaSSK/Bert

these are my null's in the order of towniest --> scummiest
I bought the "blacklist tell" that Nacho and Bert brought up and I don't think that Sakura would go so far as to say that she is quitting mafia while complaining about her lynch. I lean town on her. However, one thing that bothered me was her post in response to Bert:
In post 3567, Bert wrote:I've never seen her go 'I quit' and then change her signature as well

:/

That's just *shrug*

That's low if it's scum, and I don't see her going to these depths
In post 3568, Sakura Hana wrote:Except i thought i said im quitting Mafia because it's not fun for me anymore?
This seemed as though she is trying to subtly backtrack on the blacklist tell because she is scum and feels guilty that people have used a blacklist tell to get off her wagon and spare her today. It could be nothing and I am not positive so I want to check the extent to which she will go as scum in order to avoid a lynch by looking through her other games. Probably won't happen today though so it is on the to-do list for tomorrow. Do you have any previous experiences with Sakura as scum self-voting/using ATE?

The rest of these players are in my YET TO BE SORTED pile. I think it is possible one or more of them are scum.

Norlkaz - Possibly scum due to the low amount of content. Llamarble as town is very active and very sharp with his reads so the low activity is concerning.

Ser Arthur Dayne - I don't like his defense of SSK based purely on the basis of SSK having low content and that his scum flip won't give us many associatives. It is far more important to actually lynch scum - the associatives will work themselves out. I am not sure if this is scum-motivated though.

BROseidon - He doesn't really seem to be in the game. He voted you, then voted me in quick succession. I find the fickleness scummy and he isn't engaged with the game. But I re-read through another of his towngames which I had read previously and he got mislynched for not being engaged there.

MafiaSSK - Claimed doc so we are not lynching him today.

Bert - I think he is town. The biggest tell I noticed was his buildup of suspicion on Geists and subsequent vote. His vote on me also looked town-motivated. He initially holds back his suspicion of me (I can tell because he was working to undermine DOMO's towntell on me without saying that he thought I was scummy), and once the repressed suspicion builds up and breaks the surface, he votes me. It matches up with Bert as town pretty well. Bert is generally paranoid of players he can't read, waffles hard, sometimes keeps his suspicions to himself, and if a player he thinks is fairly good gets wagoned or if he is paranoid, he hops right on. It is recurring trend in his towngames. Newbie 1415 and Newbie 1436 are examples of his town paranoia.

I assume your scumread is Desperado:

Desperado - I initially read him as town based on how he picked up on things to attack me that make sense from his POV very well. For instance, in Big Brother: HoH Mafia, I spent a ton of time accusing him of being scum because he had an early townread on another player. It made sense for him to attack me based on that. When I pointed out a few counter-examples, he quickly dropped it and went after SC instead and it felt very genuine. My townread is stronger now since he is picking up on a lot of things that I thought too - like his late push on DOMO, and his push on Sakura for retracting her scumread on Casso very easily.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3789 (ISO) » Wed Dec 25, 2013 7:47 pm

TOWN++
:
1) Tammy
2) Geists
3) Desperado
4) Pieguyn
5) Bert
6) GoodMorning
7) MC Maraca

POSSIBLY TOWN

8) Sakura Hana - Pending meta-dive
9) MafiaSSK - I thought his analysis of his wagon looked town. If town, he'll probably be nk'd soon anyways based on doc claim
10) Casso the King of Seals - Pending Nacho showing off his awesomeness by wrecking the scum
11) KoreanBBQ - Mostly gut. Some paranoia of GIF for his very good scumgame
12) zMuffinMan - Same as KBBQ
13) Generic - Back to thinking he could be town but not sure

YET TO BE SORTED
:
14) BROseidon
15) Norlkaz
16) Cephrir
17) Ser Arthur Dayne
18) DOMO
19) Stuffed Crust

I am pretty sure there are no scum in the top group. There could be 1, maybe 2 scum in my possibly town pile. The rest I think are in the bottom pile.
MC Maraca
MC Maraca
Mafia Scum
MC Maraca
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3790 (ISO) » Wed Dec 25, 2013 7:58 pm

Post by MC Maraca »

Explain Pie
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3791 (ISO) » Wed Dec 25, 2013 7:59 pm

Post by Tammy »

How did you miss his meta read on pie?
MC Maraca
MC Maraca
Mafia Scum
MC Maraca
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3792 (ISO) » Wed Dec 25, 2013 8:00 pm

Post by MC Maraca »

I'm gonna crash, and I don't think I'll be back before deadline but I don't really want SC lynched :/

VOTE: Bro
MC Maraca
MC Maraca
Mafia Scum
MC Maraca
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3793 (ISO) » Wed Dec 25, 2013 8:01 pm

Post by MC Maraca »

what meta read on Pie?
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3794 (ISO) » Wed Dec 25, 2013 8:01 pm

F-16_Fighting_Falcon
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3795 (ISO) » Wed Dec 25, 2013 8:04 pm

Tammy, what do you think about my reads? Where do yours differ?
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3796 (ISO) » Wed Dec 25, 2013 8:11 pm

Post by Tammy »

I'll respond to that in a little while when family goes to bed. I'm supposed to be paying attention to them right now :p
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3797 (ISO) » Wed Dec 25, 2013 8:33 pm

In post 3781, geists wrote:
In post 3780, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:

If Mac had done something more than drunkpost after he got the reprieve I'd probably feel better about him. But he basically did another fade after the governor signed his pardon, so to speak.
I agree with this and I am going to go with Stuffed Crust.

VOTE: Stuffed Crust
Bert
Bert
Bert

Post Post #3798 (ISO) » Wed Dec 25, 2013 8:53 pm

Post by Bert »

Mara's scum hunting for sure, I just hope she's not third party

Falcons strong town, Nacho probably town, ffery strong town, Domo gut town, Sakura probably town

Bro gut scum, Arthur gut scum

SSK reaction pinged after wagon, memories of AA, but claimed Pr

Pie and Ceph weird because my memory of feelings from their meta don't match up. Same with Generic.

Gif I truly don't know how to read. His play is naturally scummy, but that doesn't mean scum.

Tammy pretty town.

Desp too much toxicity in his responses to me so I'm always clouded by bias in judgment

That is my moment of clarity. Wish I had my laptop. Never thought Id miss that thing so much late at night. I miss caffeine too, helps me post and skim.
Bert
Bert
Bert

Post Post #3799 (ISO) » Wed Dec 25, 2013 8:56 pm

Post by Bert »

Muffin style unreadable very TIPsy, Varsoon can't read - too manipulative and calculating - almost like Yates...no idea how to read

Llamarble doesn't match up with my meta, no idea what he's doing here, beig purposefully scummy

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”