NY 169: The EPIC XD Mafia Game of Greatness (Game Over)

Empire
Empire
Mafia Scum
Empire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3525 (ISO) » Tue Dec 24, 2013 9:14 am

Post by Empire »

Day 1, Votecount 69
Sakura Hana (10)
-
Tammy, Casso the King of Seals, DOMO, Ser Arthur Dayne, Sakura Hana, geists, Desperado, KoreanBBQ, MC Maraca, Bert

Casso the King of Seals (3)
-
zMuffinMan, goodmorning, Generic

Stuffed Crust (2)
-
Cephrir, pieguyn

F-16_Fighting_Falcon (1)
-
BROseidon

goodmorning (1)
-
Norlkaz

Not Voting (3)
-
MafiaSSK, F-16_Fighting_Falcon, Stuffed Crust

With 20 alive, it takes 11 to lynch! Deadline is on December 26th at 3:45 PM EST or in (expired on 2013-12-26 16:44:27)

Mod Notes
-
Varsoon head of Stuffed Crust V/LA until January 25th. F-16_Fighting_Falcon is V/LA until the 31st. goodmorning is V/LA until the 26th. DOMO is V/LA until the 27th. Generic is V/LA until the 26th.
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3526 (ISO) » Tue Dec 24, 2013 9:33 am

Post by geists »

In post 3518, Sakura Hana wrote:but suddenly a wagon pops out of nowhere for me, no case no nothing, just votes popping out on the basis of "she's scum"
That's not the basis of the votes.

Your case on me is "lol no trajectory analysis" despite MS being littered with games in which I posted no formal trajectory analysis as town. And despite your own experience with me not doing trajectory analysis on demand as town.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #3527 (ISO) » Tue Dec 24, 2013 9:53 am

Post by fferyllt »

Happy Birthday Ceph!
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3528 (ISO) » Tue Dec 24, 2013 9:53 am

Post by geists »

In post 3527, fferyllt wrote:Happy Birthday Ceph!
oops
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3529 (ISO) » Tue Dec 24, 2013 10:30 am

Post by Tammy »

In post 3501, Casso the King of Seals wrote:
In post 3498, MC Maraca wrote:ALSO NACHO
I still maintain there being a scum between Tammy and F-16, and I have a really hard time seeing F-16 scum so some light on the matter might help
I'm not Nacho but I'll field this one anyway because I know where you're coming from in not seeing Tammy town. Here's the situation;

Tammy is apparently utterly incapable of faking emotion as scum.

Yeah...that's pretty much the case, and, yeah, kinda mind-blowing innit? But people will defend this one, and the *really* screwy part is if you go and look at enough of the meta YOU START BUYING INTO IT. I really don't get it, myself, and apparently she's either a really bad actor (or I'm fething amazing and magical) and/or
she's decided to permanently shoot her scum game in the foot in order to have an easier and lazier time when being town.
But...yeah, that's the case. There isn't really an appropriate smilie icon to represent how I feel about that, so I'll just post this one because I don't see it used often. :idea:
For someone who actually thinks they're capable of reading me, you're making an outstanding show of demonstrating an incapability of reading me.

The hydra dissonance on this feels really fake btw. And I direct you to the bold. That's where you start getting dicey and veering off into really scummy wtf land because sure what I'm known for is being lazy when town. That's um no there's not an appropriate smilie icon to represent how stupid that statement is.

You're suffering from the same superficial and simplistic outlook on that though that Cabd is.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3530 (ISO) » Tue Dec 24, 2013 10:32 am

Post by Tammy »

In post 3498, MC Maraca wrote:AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

WHY

WHAT HAPPENED TO MY WAGON

AND OUR VOTE

DESPERADO WHY ARE YOU NOT ANSWERING MY QUESTION
In post 3247, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:Mara, I don't agree with your reasoning for pushing Tammy and I assumed that it was scum motivated.
earlier you stated that you didn't know what to make of my push on tammy. You said that you had no way of knowing if I was town making a stupid move, or scum doing so blatant to "help my wincon"

and then...

and then...

and then...

you still say I'm the towniest ON YOUR WAGON and that I obv-towned myself when you don't even
know
what town-mara looks like and spent... all day trying to say that I was scum without really calling me scum

and? your scumlist is shiiiiiiiiiiitttttt

You do nothing all day BUT try to discredit my play and you only try to work with us because we claimed Mason....

but, as for why you think my case on Casso is wrong
In post 3252, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:Suspecting you and pushing for your lynch isn't a scumtell. Saying that you are town isn't a towntell. Town can be wrong and scum will townread townies.
I'm very well aware of this, I town-read people all the time as scum. this is a far to simplistic version of my case on Casso, and it DOES NOT take into consideration what he knows about me, what I know about him, his knowledge on the kinds of things that make me squeamish, the kind of things that I don't hesitate to push on but completely disregarding that, anyway.

You also aren't interpreting the Nacho/generic interaction the way I did... it had nothing to do with Nacho admonishing him for scum-reading me

AND SPEAKING OF MY NACHO/THORCASE (mostly nacho)

In our game together, I was calling Nacho town for reasons FAR more useless than the ones I used here, I also called molla town for something super duper menial and you? you were all "oh, I'm glad you caught that" and didn't bother either of them, period. I was wrong on Nacho/andy, sure but you still trusted my read on them and you definitely didn't call them shit. Something I would expect from someone like, nero maybe but you?

it's pretty fucking weird. kinda like you're looking for a new way to discredit me since you can't call us scum anymore.

ALSO NACHO
I still maintain there being a scum between Tammy and F-16,
and I have a really hard time seeing F-16 scum so some light on the matter might help
Holy shit I missed this the first time around. Why are you wa-wa-waing about your wagon on falcon disappearing and then in the VERY SAME POST say the bold?
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3531 (ISO) » Tue Dec 24, 2013 10:34 am

Post by Tammy »

In post 3512, MC Maraca wrote: I've also spent all day explaining why I think Tammy is scum.

it mostly was her not scum-hunting, her not understanding why I would be paranoid when she's duped me TWICE (not once, but twice) and one of those times, she has used emotion to do such.

granted, she is doing better now, but...
If you actually believe what you posted here you legit are not reading my posts. And you wonder why I think everything you've said is fake.
KoreanBBQ
KoreanBBQ
Goon
KoreanBBQ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3532 (ISO) » Tue Dec 24, 2013 10:36 am

Post by KoreanBBQ »

In post 3503, MC Maraca wrote:
STILL TOWN

Casso the King of Seals (Nachomamma8 + Thor665)
MC Maraca (Cabd + Ms Marangal)
KoreanBBQ (GuyInFreezer + Nero Cain)
Muffin
Stuffed Crust (Mac + Varsoon)

TOWN

goodmorning
Cephrir
geist
Generic

TOWN?

DOMO
Tammy/F-16_Fighting_Falcon*
pieguyn

UHHH....

MafiaSSK roflwaffles
BROseidon
Norlkaz Brian Skies
Sakura Hana
Bert
Ser Arthur Dayne
Is this in any type of order?
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3533 (ISO) » Tue Dec 24, 2013 10:43 am

Post by Tammy »

Nati head of Geists - You're familiar with Sakura and her behavior getting lynched. Is this her town reaction or her scum reaction?
KoreanBBQ
KoreanBBQ
Goon
KoreanBBQ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3534 (ISO) » Tue Dec 24, 2013 10:53 am

Post by KoreanBBQ »

oh poop.

I think Hana just town told but its also Hana and I don't want 7646345436475685335688565667 pages so I don't really care enough to stop said wagon.

Tammy, help me lynch the fuck out of Mara and her "uhhh" list.
Casso the King of Seals
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3535 (ISO) » Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:22 pm

Post by Casso the King of Seals »

In post 3534, KoreanBBQ wrote:oh poop.

I think Hana just town told but its also Hana and I don't want 7646345436475685335688565667 pages so I don't really care enough to stop said wagon.

Tammy, help me lynch the fuck out of Mara and her "uhhh" list.
:(
Part of me wants to ignore this game and wait for Sakura to get hammered, but I know that's not how responsible adults behave.
Casso the King of Seals
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3536 (ISO) » Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:27 pm

Where I stand on Sakura now:

1) In early game, Sakura didn't really provide much content except for an interaction with Pieguy that felt like a par for the course type of deal. She also made a comment to the effect of "I'm surprised more people aren't voting me for lurking", which is weird considering some things several players in this game should understand. She also dismissed Cabd pretty quickly, and not because they were doing anything but because everyone else called them obvtown.

2) First interaction with our slot, Sakura asked why you were voting KoreanBBQ, you explained, and then she was like "oh, obvtown!" and started sheeping us. I think but am not confident that this coincides with Open 534 (the game that was so horrible Sakura said she wouldn't sheep me ever again), but at the time, it felt like an easy reason to townread us and wasn't really consistent with her "eh, Nachos doing good enough, I'll give him a sheep for now".

3) I found the static vote on SC was weird for someone who had no scumread and instead some townreads and a bunch of nulls. I didn't like her calling me scum for easy townreads, because those are kind of my thing, and I don't like how she backed off ago quickly after Mara posted her town case. Expecting me to be harsher on the lurkers is also emoticon worthy,

4) Agreeing with the town lurk theory that BRO originally presented seems disingenuous because that sort of lurk theory is a BRO original, I haven't seen it anywhere else, and yet Sakura looks at that reasoning and calls it her own? Not likely.

Then there's a bunch of town looking tone bits and now the genuine frustration bit.
I think Sakura has a good chance to be scum; better than SC and F-16 even with the town sounding bits.
And yet, I don't want to mislynch her if she's as frustrated with the game state as she is; I don't want me spearheading a deadline lynch on her to be the reason she stops playing forever, and I'd like to believe that Sakura wouldn't make me feel as shitty as I do right now if she were scum who just got pegged to shit

This is the post I dropped off in the QT before I went to bed last night.
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #3537 (ISO) » Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:31 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

In post 3536, Casso the King of Seals wrote:Agreeing with the town lurk theory that BRO originally presented seems disingenuous because that sort of lurk theory is a BRO original, I haven't seen it anywhere else, and yet Sakura looks at that reasoning and calls it her own? Not likely.
I agreed with GM being town, not the "townlurk" theory.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Casso the King of Seals
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3538 (ISO) » Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:31 pm

Unvote

Sakura, come back, respond to case, talk to me.
There's no reason to shut down now just because you got deadline wagoned.
There have been cases put out against you; you didn't respond to most of them.

I will be back later but I have no ideas outside of eternal compromise lynch of SSK.
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3539 (ISO) » Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:34 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

In post 3536, Casso the King of Seals wrote:1) In early game, Sakura didn't really provide much content except for an interaction with Pieguy that felt like a par for the course type of deal. She also made a comment to the effect of "I'm surprised more people aren't voting me for lurking", which is weird considering some things several players in this game should understand. She also dismissed Cabd pretty quickly, and not because they were doing anything but because everyone else called them obvtown.

2) First interaction with our slot, Sakura asked why you were voting KoreanBBQ, you explained, and then she was like "oh, obvtown!" and started sheeping us. I think but am not confident that this coincides with Open 534 (the game that was so horrible Sakura said she wouldn't sheep me ever again), but at the time, it felt like an easy reason to townread us and wasn't really consistent with her "eh, Nachos doing good enough, I'll give him a sheep for now".

3) I found the static vote on SC was weird for someone who had no scumread and instead some townreads and a bunch of nulls. I didn't like her calling me scum for easy townreads, because those are kind of my thing, and I don't like how she backed off ago quickly after Mara posted her town case. Expecting me to be harsher on the lurkers is also emoticon worthy,
And interestingly enough, the other 75% of your case is from when i was getting pressured in real life and was skimming pages here so I decided to just screw it and sheep one of my townreads that wasn't you at the end.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Casso the King of Seals
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3540 (ISO) » Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:38 pm

In post 3537, Sakura Hana wrote:
In post 3536, Casso the King of Seals wrote:Agreeing with the town lurk theory that BRO originally presented seems disingenuous because that sort of lurk theory is a BRO original, I haven't seen it anywhere else, and yet Sakura looks at that reasoning and calls it her own? Not likely.
Why did you think GM was town?
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3541 (ISO) » Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:42 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 3536, Casso the King of Seals wrote: 2) First interaction with our slot, Sakura asked why you were voting KoreanBBQ, you explained, and then she was like "oh, obvtown!"
and started sheeping us.
In post 3012, Sakura Hana wrote:
In post 3010, Casso the King of Seals wrote:Because that's not what your initial response to the town case seemed like. And if that was the case, why aren't you telling me to get someone for you to sheep and instead are settling for the largest wagon?
Because I'm done sheeping you after Open 534.
This is what made me worry about Hana town but I think her refusal to claim is probs a towntell. But its Hana who just makes me want to pull out my hair and not someone I'd really want with me in end game. If Hana wants to hate me, fine.

If we don't lynch Hana, lynching from any of the lurking minimal posters and/or players that want to make me bang my head against the wall

SSK
Muffin
Norlkaz
GM
SC

are all acceptable lynches. As an added bonus there's likely scum in that group.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
KoreanBBQ
KoreanBBQ
Goon
KoreanBBQ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3542 (ISO) » Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:44 pm

Post by KoreanBBQ »

In post 3541, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 3536, Casso the King of Seals wrote: 2) First interaction with our slot, Sakura asked why you were voting KoreanBBQ, you explained, and then she was like "oh, obvtown!"
and started sheeping us.
In post 3012, Sakura Hana wrote:
In post 3010, Casso the King of Seals wrote:Because that's not what your initial response to the town case seemed like. And if that was the case, why aren't you telling me to get someone for you to sheep and instead are settling for the largest wagon?
Because I'm done sheeping you after Open 534.
This is what made me worry about Hana town but I think her refusal to claim is probs a towntell. But its Hana who just makes me want to pull out my hair and not someone I'd really want with me in end game. If Hana wants to hate me, fine.

If we don't lynch Hana, lynching from any of the lurking minimal posters and/or players that want to make me bang my head against the wall

SSK
Muffin
Norlkaz
GM
SC

are all acceptable lynches. As an added bonus there's likely scum in that group.
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3543 (ISO) » Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:07 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

In post 3540, Casso the King of Seals wrote:
In post 3537, Sakura Hana wrote:
Why did you think GM was town?
It was gut from the way she posted when I was doing my catch up of the first or so 25 pages (since i had forgotten to bookmark this game), now with the Mason claim being real it all makes sense and i had had a townread on that slot so it didnt change much for me.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3544 (ISO) » Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:00 pm

Post by Tammy »

I didn't have much time cuz family is here and Christmas, but I looked through xenologue to see if it's similar. I don't really get how it is. There there was this build up of pressure, in which Sakura thought there was no way around her lynch because Nacho was scum reading her. She claimed and then hammered herself because she wanted everyone to know that she was telling the truth about her claim and her reads. When she hammered herself she gave final reads.

That doesn't really match up to here where she was the 5th vote on her wagon and she included the bit about the *ragequit* and then decided not to claim and say that she was going to troll instead.

I've never seen Sakura!scum so I don't know how her reaction matches up to her scum game and how she responds. And I don't have the time to look it up.

I still think there's something up with Pie, but I'm going to go with Falcon's town case right now.

If there's a move away from Sakura, I'd probably join the Stuff Crust wagon even though I don't have great feelings of that coming back scum to avoid getting Falcon lynched.

But I'd probably move to most people or anyone that I don't have an inkling of a town read on, which is most people because this noise is insane.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3545 (ISO) » Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:11 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

read the last few pages. i don't want to lynch sakura.

also knowing that i make nero want to bang his head against a wall is the best christmas present i've gotten today. thanks
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
Casso the King of Seals
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3546 (ISO) » Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:11 pm

In post 3539, Sakura Hana wrote:
In post 3536, Casso the King of Seals wrote:1) In early game, Sakura didn't really provide much content except for an interaction with Pieguy that felt like a par for the course type of deal. She also made a comment to the effect of "I'm surprised more people aren't voting me for lurking", which is weird considering some things several players in this game should understand. She also dismissed Cabd pretty quickly, and not because they were doing anything but because everyone else called them obvtown.

And interestingly enough, the other 75% of your case is from when i was getting pressured in real life and was skimming pages here so I decided to just screw it and sheep one of my townreads that wasn't you at the end.
Fair enough as far as early activity goes.
It doesn't address:
Why did you call Cabd town early?
Why were you sheeping Thor and I when open 534 was still going on and it was clear i was playing like shit? Also, I don't like how you said you weren't sheeping me because Open 534 and then you said you weren't sheeping me because you didn't know where else to go. Could you explain that?

Why is me giving early townreads scummy? The first game content post in our QT has me producing 4 easy townreads, I can't remember a time where I didn't give early townreads.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3547 (ISO) » Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:13 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

actually, to clarfy, i'd vote sakura just to end this fucking day because it really needs to end, but i don't currently think sakura's scum
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
Casso the King of Seals
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3548 (ISO) » Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:17 pm

In post 3474, geists wrote:
In post 3430, Casso the King of Seals wrote:I was hoping that I would be able to attract more votes than Tammy's, but with ffery and Bert liable to join soon we can make this at least as big as the F-16 wagon.

Mac, please don't stop posting.

VOTE: Sakura Hana
I figured you would say something about my 3324 and why at least one of those reasons to rethink my waffle was bad.

VOTE: Sakura
If wonky stake in the ground referred to me, I missed the reference.

I think your point on tone is a good one.

Re: GiF point: I thought he was scumreading Sakura?
Casso the King of Seals
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3549 (ISO) » Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:18 pm

In post 3479, Bert wrote:I'm just gonna vote Sakura, although the last two posts of hers are really bothersome AtE. Problem is I've seen her pull that kind of stunt as scum.

Vote: Sakura Hana

If she flips scum, I might start to feel slightly better about Ffery and/or Nacho.

Also, it feels like Desp is trying to distract from the game by bothering DOMO, when DOMO has been doing illogical stuff all game long, and he waits till now to call him/her out. I don't see what he hopes to achieve with a vote on DOMO who has no votes, what with 2 days left until deadline. So minus points for Desp.
The I quit mafia forever stunt as scum?

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”