NY 169: The EPIC XD Mafia Game of Greatness (Game Over)

MC Maraca
MC Maraca
Mafia Scum
MC Maraca
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3350 (ISO) » Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:50 pm

Post by MC Maraca »

In post 3348, Casso the King of Seals wrote:
In post 3075, geists wrote:
In post 3069, Casso the King of Seals wrote:
Unvote: Sakura
Vote: Stuffed Crust

Pretty sure he's town.
Discuss.
If this turns into another NY 164 my haiku-writing will start a hell of a lot earlier this time.
I'm a little afraid to start writing haikus again.
Your read on sakura. What kind of strength does it have behind it?
Cabd: "hell, mc maraca is a two lady hydra of justice"
Casso the King of Seals
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3351 (ISO) » Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:53 pm

Post by Casso the King of Seals »

In post 3113, Sakura Hana wrote:
In post 3110, KoreanBBQ wrote:P-Edit: Nothing. My vote's moving back there eventually but this looks fun.
What do you expect to achieve then?

@Nacho/Thor: I have never played against Scum Nacho, but i dont remember Nacho ever handing out easy townreads like that, and i'd also expect him to be harsher on the lukers. Thor I was once a partner of his in a scumgame but i replaced in and my predecessor was obvtown so i don't really know whether he'd do that as scum, but I'm not ruling it out.
Why would you expect me to be harsher on the lurkers? What lurkers am I being easy on?
Calling us stronger scum after we vote someone who you think is scum while calling them town and saying that it's something each of us would likely do as scum is not anything I think you actually believe; you're just making up shitty reasons to call us scum.
Casso the King of Seals
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3352 (ISO) » Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:55 pm

In post 3349, Bert wrote:Are you sure Sakura is scum? Ffery's answer of three reasons how Sakura could be town made me nervous

And to people who are like wth Bert you're interacting the most with the four people youve voted today,

My reads suck and I'm easily manipulated
I havent gotten to ffery's reasons for calling Sakura maybe town, so I might change my view when I get to it. But right now I know that current wagons suck, I have a lot of mostly town reads but this is the first read that I've had today and been able to keep through one exchange and go "okay, this person is probably going to flip scum".
Bert
Bert
Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra
Bert

Post Post #3353 (ISO) » Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:56 pm

Post by Bert »

Why are you spending time now just tunneling Sakura?

Why now, why not earlier on during my stay here

P-edit: ok...
Casso the King of Seals
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3354 (ISO) » Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:58 pm

In post 3353, Bert wrote:Why are you spending time now just tunneling Sakura?

Why now, why not earlier on during my stay here

P-edit: ok...
So do I have your vote yet?
Bert
Bert
Bert

Post Post #3355 (ISO) » Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:59 pm

Post by Bert »

you're not done reading, get on with it

If it's someone I might wanna lynch, maybe
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3356 (ISO) » Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:59 pm

Post by geists »

In post 3352, Casso the King of Seals wrote:
In post 3349, Bert wrote:Are you sure Sakura is scum? Ffery's answer of three reasons how Sakura could be town made me nervous

And to people who are like wth Bert you're interacting the most with the four people youve voted today,

I havent gotten to ffery's reasons for calling Sakura maybe town, so I might change my view when I get to it. But right now I know that current wagons suck, I have a lot of mostly town reads but this is the first read that I've had today and been able to keep through one exchange and go "okay, this person is probably going to flip scum".
You have no idea how pissed off I was to move my vote and follow you on this read and then have Thor yank that wagon out of consideration.

That's actually what I meant by comparing this game to NY 164. Repeatedly in that game I supported your reads, even before I had you solidly in my townpile. And I'd work up a head of steam on your read just in time for you to change your vote.
Bert
Bert
Bert

Post Post #3357 (ISO) » Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:01 pm

Post by Bert »

What vote has Thor yanked here?
Casso the King of Seals
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3358 (ISO) » Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:03 pm

In post 3164, Bert wrote:OK so your comment about your meta, I'll try not to take that at face value.

Assuming you flip town, then I need to reset I think and trust your read on him. But still since when has Falcon ever attracted this much suspicion as town. EVER?

I haven't seen a vote on him before like this.

Problem is last game you left us your recommendation to lynch Marquis the next day (AA), and in Hard Boiled you left us reads hoping we would lynch SalmonellaDoctorPepper next....you know I have sheeped your reads after your flip before

I would go with your reads some if you somehow flip town
You should know that just because someone normally don't suspect is garnering suspicion means that they are scum. Who here can read Falcon like a book? <---- this guy, ffery. Are we calling him scum? No. Is he producing a good bit of content? Yes! Don't just lynch him just because the motley crew is on his wagon.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3359 (ISO) » Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:03 pm

Post by Tammy »

In post 2762, MC Maraca wrote:Because it makes things make more sense to the rest of the players; and hopefully it allows people to make connections that they might not have made assuming nightchat only. Mara and I fully believe there is one scum in the first three to four slots on our wagon. We agreed our reads aren't great this game, and like it or not, outing as mason is gonna shake this entire game back up and at 'em. We believe that one scum is F-16.
Daychat isn't as powerful as you think it is; in fact, I think it has some serious draw backs.

You decided that outing yourself as masons, or outing it at the beginning of the game, when you're not actually high profile night-kill targets is actually the smart thing to do? And because your reads are shit? OHKAY. Your reads don't have to be great as masons; all you need to do is figure out a way to stay alive without too much notice and try to make it to end game or near it to be a benefit for town.

But this is all I'm going to say on the matter because I've already said what I think about masons outing themselves early on day one for no reason.

(Oh but sure, me wanting someone who is bloating the game to die regardless of alignment is me not playing properly. Glass houses and all that shit.)
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3360 (ISO) » Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:04 pm

Post by Tammy »

In post 3358, Casso the King of Seals wrote:Who here can read Falcon like a book? <---- this guy.
:?
Casso the King of Seals
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3361 (ISO) » Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:04 pm

In post 3356, geists wrote:
In post 3352, Casso the King of Seals wrote:

You have no idea how pissed off I was to move my vote and follow you on this read and then have Thor yank that wagon out of consideration.

That's actually what I meant by comparing this game to NY 164. Repeatedly in that game I supported your reads, even before I had you solidly in my townpile. And I'd work up a head of steam on your read just in time for you to change your vote.
I'm essentially shifting my play to sorting things out, trying to snag the best lynch to strong arming the hell out of any lynch that actually has a better than shit chance of hitting scum.
Casso the King of Seals
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3362 (ISO) » Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:05 pm

In post 3360, Tammy wrote:
In post 3358, Casso the King of Seals wrote:Who here can read Falcon like a book? <---- this guy.
Do you think F-16 is scum? Do you think this is a wonderful lynch for today?
Bert
Bert
Bert

Post Post #3363 (ISO) » Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:06 pm

Post by Bert »

So who on the motley crew on Falcon's wagon is scum, Nacho?

Thor was on it himself btw
Casso the King of Seals
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3364 (ISO) » Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:06 pm

Because if the answer is no and you give me a tiny bit of credit to be able to read Mac, then help me find a wagon that doesn't suck. I am sorry for forgetting your Falcon expertise.
Casso the King of Seals
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3365 (ISO) » Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:07 pm

In post 3363, Bert wrote:So who on the motley crew on Falcon's wagon is scum, Nacho?

Thor was on it himself btw
Have I mentioned Sakura Hana yet?
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3366 (ISO) » Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:09 pm

Post by Tammy »

In post 3362, Casso the King of Seals wrote:
My emoticon isn't about Falcon and my read on falcon; it's about your statement that you read him like a book.
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3367 (ISO) » Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:09 pm

Post by geists »

In post 3357, Bert wrote:What vote has Thor yanked here?
The Sakura vote.
Bert
Bert
Bert

Post Post #3368 (ISO) » Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:10 pm

Post by Bert »

Vote: Sakura
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3369 (ISO) » Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:10 pm

Post by Tammy »

In post 3364, Casso the King of Seals wrote:Because if the answer is no and you give me a tiny bit of credit to be able to read Mac, then help me find a wagon that doesn't suck. I am sorry for forgetting your Falcon expertise.

Oh this is to me. Give me a minute. I'm hitting a stride and don't think I'll take too much longer to catch up.
Casso the King of Seals
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3370 (ISO) » Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:10 pm

In post 3189, Sakura Hana wrote:
In post 3185, MC Maraca wrote:Thor's never been this freaking town, ever.
He was more town in the game where i was his partner and i was scumreading him before replacing in.

[quote="In post 3185Nacho's thoughts are super freaking transparent
No they are not, they feel faked, he keeps saying he wants to sort me then just leaves and forgets, his "sorting" of SC looks like an easy handout of a townread, and considering you've fooled him as scum you should know that it isn't something easy to do.[/quote]
I never said that I wanted to sort you and forgot, where are you getting this from?
Casso the King of Seals
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3371 (ISO) » Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:11 pm

In post 3366, Tammy wrote:
In post 3362, Casso the King of Seals wrote:
My emoticon isn't about Falcon and my read on falcon; it's about your statement that you read him like a book.
I do. We read him correctly in HoH even though he replaced a slot we thought was pretty strongly scum, plus additional experience with him elsewhere. Do you think he's particularly hard to read?
Casso the King of Seals
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3372 (ISO) » Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:13 pm

In post 3210, Sakura Hana wrote:Dear Bert,

Please take a look at this: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=29913
Read Varsoon's posts, he was in danger multiple times.
He was lynched in the end by derp hammer from me.
He kept saying he was obvtown even during twilight.
He flipped Mafia Roleblocker.

With Love,
Sakura
What do you think of him constantly spamming there and him totally not doing that here?
And why didn't you comment on my observation that his reads were a hell of a lot more static there than they were here?
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3373 (ISO) » Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:14 pm

Post by Tammy »

In post 2767, MC Maraca wrote:Oh and while i'm at it; @tammy.

I figured out what pisses me off so much about your play style. Your "I am only elated as town" shit pisses me off because it's essentially discrediting your own scumgame and or saying you as a player refuse to play to the best of your ability by faking that elation as scum as the rules of the game would suggest.
Too simplistic. Way, too, simplistic. To say this is to not understand anything about how I think or play this game, which makes the earlier attempt to get a read on my slot in the way your slot did it, even more wrong-minded. I gave you a town tell; you're missing the why's of the town tell.

(I do, however, think my scum game sucks.)
Casso the King of Seals
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3374 (ISO) » Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:15 pm

In post 3223, Generic wrote:My vote is wasted where it is for today.
unvote

Will give it some thought. Casso still looks the best option of the three main wagons but mara seems confident on the read.
You could also read our posts and figure out that we are town and sheep me into voting Sakura?

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”