NY 169: The EPIC XD Mafia Game of Greatness (Game Over)

geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3225 (ISO) » Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:38 am

Post by geists »

In post 3224, Sakura Hana wrote:
In post 3221, geists wrote:
In post 3215, Sakura Hana wrote:Because my read on SC is meta related, my read on you and Casso is based on interactions with my scumread and myself overall and the reactions to my reaction tests.

And I already explained why I went for SC some posts ago:
In post 3084, Sakura Hana wrote:SC has more votes.
No he doesn't.
SC has 5.
Casso has 3.
You had none.

Tho now Casso is pointless, as Mara convinced me otherwise.
You had F16 down as my scumbuddy. How quickly you forget your own reads.
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #3226 (ISO) » Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:41 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

Uhh No?
In post 3063, Sakura Hana wrote:On further re-read, geists still hasn't done what i'd expect them to be doing by now, Also i'm retracting my townread on Casso and flipping it over. Nacho doesnt give easy townreads like that and it's bothering me like hell all.

Current reads:
Town: Maracabd, goodmorning, Bert, DOMO.
Leaning Town: Korean BBQ.
Leaning Scum: geists
Scumreads: Casso, SC.

Everyone else is null.
In post 3063, Sakura Hana wrote: Leaning Scum: geists
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3227 (ISO) » Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:46 am

Post by geists »

In post 3161, Sakura Hana wrote:
In post 3151, Bert wrote:And yes I'm still scumreading geists. Did you notice Falcon's reluctance to vote geists at all despite agreeing with my points? And their distancing early in the game, and Ffery's reluctance to vote Falcon at all.
I guess you do have a point there
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3228 (ISO) » Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:47 am

Post by geists »

Not that I want you to vote F-16. Pointing this up for future reference.
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3229 (ISO) » Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:48 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

1) That only means im getting suspicions on them, not scumreading them overall.
2) That happened after I had made that post where i mentioned SC having more votes.

And you wonder why I think you're scum?

PEd: Oh well >_>
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3230 (ISO) » Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:49 am

Post by pieguyn »

In post 2988, Casso the King of Seals wrote:I'm not voting Stuffed Crust for a lot of reasons.

For one, when Mac opened the game he seemed fairly light, casual, smooth, confident. I don't feel his openings come across like that when he is scum. He also engaged us on our townread of him early, and followed up on it later which is a forwent sign since scum usually aren't bothered by townreads in them, especially when they are getting wagoned.

Varsoon was pretty easy and confident in his towniness and defiant as hell, don't remember seeing that in Xenogears. I mean, sure, he had fun with Charles Barkley and all that jazz but this confidence isnt centered around his slam dunk case bullshit; it's centered around how he is town with a holy mission and he will pour his soul into that mission. I especially liked his Dat Ass posts and his red tie posts; we have seen Varsoon as scum under pressure situations before, and he never manages to come out quite the same. What is lacking in what Varsoon has posted so far is his conspiracy theories and his crazy crazy brand of towniness, but I still think that it is closer to his normal town game than his scum game.

I like Macs confidence and the way that he goes about his pushes. I can't ever remember seeing a Mac scum game where he went after a hard to reach target as confidently as he's doing here, and I like the way he's handling geists voting him.

What I realized when retreading is that there's not as much as I'd like in the Iso from Mac, but I still think that him making the pushes he's been making under the pressure he's been under makes him more town than anything.

So, Sakura. Shoot again.
what hte fuck?

why should I believe any of this when
a. you're scum
b. SC is scum
c. you just
said in a previous post that you know how to disband wagons with "meta"

and
GIF's scumread on Varsoon is based on what he knows of Varsoon (read: meta)?

I'm not going to question the actual meta bc bolded, but this is making me worry
In post 2995, Stuffed Crust wrote:what a load of shit, why are you discrediting his town case on us so easily?
this is scummy as fuck. Generic is this that tell you were talking about? bc it feels like it. it feels like he's pissed off bc sakura is blatantly ignoring Casso's "towncase", as opposed to bc she's misreading him
In post 3063, Sakura Hana wrote:Current reads:
Town: Maracabd, goodmorning, Bert, DOMO.
Leaning Town: Korean BBQ.
Leaning Scum: geists
what happened to your townread on me and why the flip flop on Casso?

also is it just me or is this THE SAME THING AS AA:MFA? there she attacked the fuck out of her scumbuddies and put them both in her scum pile. she said postgame that she hates that tactic and probably wouldn't do it again, but it seems like a really hard habit to break. attacking your scumbuddies is a nice way to appear town and not take too much responsibility bc you KNOW they're scum. so if she rolled scum immediately after that game, she wouldn't have very much time to adjust her scumgame

the thing that's giving me reservations is that in that game she did it from the get go. here she was townreading Casso. however, giving a random flip flop with no explanation doesn't make me feel any better 0.0

this is all WIFOM anyway so I'm not sold
In post 3064, Bert wrote:Sakura has just been a lurker most of this game, but I'm not one who can say I have luck reading her. And does her game here resemble AA-Sakura at all? If so, how?
hi
also, see our 1v1 when I replaced in
In post 3074, Sakura Hana wrote:That was pretty awkward of you.
But no, you're not going to make me change my mind about either of you.

PEd: Glad someone agrees with me on GM.
wow nice discredit. votes Sakura -> she tries to discredit her attacker by calling her awkward
In post 3102, KoreanBBQ wrote:VOTE: giests
explain plz
In post 3108, Casso the King of Seals wrote:I'll also accept any explanation of what Stuffed did to look more town.
Because otherwise it is beyond fail that you just unvoted.
nacho is apparently townreading him. but I'm not even going to bother with this bc "omg hydra dissonance"
In post 3119, KoreanBBQ wrote:Nope. Sak is my townread and I intend to keep it.
explain plz
In post 3147, Sakura Hana wrote:And apparently you're scumreading geists but willing to follow Mara on F-16 what is this?
this logic is bad
you know why considering TNE used it in AA:MFA
In post 3185, MC Maraca wrote:AND NEITHER IS VARSOON

Pedit: Thor's never been this freaking town, ever.

Nacho's thoughts are super freaking transparent

I can never see where Nacho is going with this stuff when he's scum, I can see them now. I know what he's thinking, and his explanations are AHMAYZING

how he's defending his reads, how he is forming his reads is just so good that I would feel completely safe in his embrace

like, no joke.
do you think Thor wouldn't play the not-caring card as scum?

also Nacho apparently has a townread on me and idr where it came from 0.0 so I don't see how his thoughts are "super freaking transparent"
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3231 (ISO) » Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:50 am

Post by pieguyn »

HEY GUYS THE F-16 WAGON IS BAD AND YOU SHOULD FEEL BAD GET THE FUCK OFF HIM. QUIT FUCKING SHEEPING MARA JUST BC SHE'S "CONFIDENT" IN HER READ. I'M CONFIDENT IN MY CASSO SCUMREAD WHY AREN'T YOU ALL SHEEPING ME INSTEAD. SURE MARA IS SUPPOSEDLY A MASON BUT WHO FUCKING CARES

EVERYTHING HE'S DONE MAKE SENSE FROM A TOWN MOTIVATION AND FROM A TOWN MODEL

EVERYTHING

AND I CAN'T SEE HOW APPARENTLY THERE'S SO MUCH SCUM MOTIVATION IN HIS ACTIONS FOR HIM TO BE LYNCHED

AS SOON AS GEISTS SAID THIS
In post 3205, geists wrote:In the Harry Potter game he and I played he said afterwards that he regretted not defending his town reads more vigorously than he did.
I FELT ESPECIALLY CONFIDENT THAT HE'S TOWN HERE

if he's WK'ing me then I'll accept defeat bc I'm 100% confident he's town >_<//

vote: SC

WE'RE LYNCHING THIS TODAY
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3232 (ISO) » Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:50 am

Post by pieguyn »

town
1. Tammy
2. geists (fferyllt + Natirasha) <- back to where I was before about her
4. MC Maraca (Cabd + Ms Marangal) <- lolmason
5. F-16_Fighting_Falcon
7. Bert roflcopter <- feeling p confident about Bert. sealed it for me. I find myself wanting to do that a lot and given he looks town I'm going with him town here
10. pieguyn SonOfZeus
11. BROseidon <- I was thinking about him a bit bc he hadn't done any town-as-fuck things in a while, but he was feeling town as fuck at game start and I still think it's p strong how lost he was. on a gut level it didn't feel faked either
13. KoreanBBQ (GuyInFreezer + Nero Cain)
14. goodmorning

null-town
6. Generic <- I'm starting to feel paranoid of him. when I townread him I wasn't aware how good his scumgame was. looking back at my townread on him, and especially the "town-as-fuck post" that made me sure of my read on him I don't necessarily think he couldn't fake it as scum. I'll have to look at him more later
17. zMuffinMan talah <- yeah that's right I'm ending the day with a townread on zmuffin idgaf how good his scumgame is. I think he's been really logical in what he's said so far. sure he can do this as scum but like he feels infinitely more like the town zmuffin who owned the shit out of me in touhou upick than IN zmuffin. so it's mostly gut but w/e

null
8. MafiaSSK roflwaffles
12. Norlkaz Brian Skies
16. Ser Arthur Dayne pitoli
18. DOMO
20. Desperado

scum
3. Casso the King of Seals (Nachomamma8 + Thor665)
9. Stuffed Crust (Mac + Varsoon) <- GIF's read
15. Sakura Hana <- hi AA:MFA sakura
19. Cephrir

out of time lynch sc plz
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3233 (ISO) » Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:52 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

In post 3230, pieguyn wrote:wow nice discredit. votes Sakura -> she tries to discredit her attacker by calling her awkward
Actually the "That was awkward" was referring to Casso's unvote of me and vote of SC saying that they were voting a townread.

Also I still have my townread of you, but otherwise my crumb wouldnt work.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3234 (ISO) » Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:58 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

In post 3232, pieguyn wrote:15. Sakura Hana <- hi AA:MFA sakura
Hi you still sux at reading me, and I'm still town, and we're never lynching me. Tho since im not being globally townread at least I'll survive a night.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Casso the King of Seals
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3235 (ISO) » Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:00 pm

Post by Casso the King of Seals »

In post 3230, pieguyn wrote:nacho is apparently townreading him. but I'm not even going to bother with this bc "omg hydra dissonance"
I'm also town reading him. So no dissonance is happening there.
Though you are making wonderful strides towards providing "evidence that Pie is skimming and not reading". Huzzah.
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3236 (ISO) » Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:01 pm

Post by geists »

In post 3229, Sakura Hana wrote:1) That only means im getting suspicions on them, not scumreading them overall.
2) That happened after I had made that post where i mentioned SC having more votes.

And you wonder why I think you're scum?

PEd: Oh well >_>
If you're town, you think I'm scum because your town-me model is way too sketchy to be useful and you're overconfident. Bert's read is at least driven by paranoia that he comes by quite honestly.

I kinda hope you are town, because it perversely pleases me any time someone I think is starting to be able to read me winds up with an epic fail.
MC Maraca
MC Maraca
Mafia Scum
MC Maraca
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3237 (ISO) » Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:10 pm

Post by MC Maraca »

Hi. I'm not mara and I'm here now.

Also ffery you've hit my townread on you with a torpedo these past few pages. Shame shame.
Cabd: "hell, mc maraca is a two lady hydra of justice"
Empire
Empire
Mafia Scum
Empire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3238 (ISO) » Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:18 pm

Post by Empire »

Day 1, Votecount 64
Stuffed Crust (6)
-
Cephrir, Desperado, Sakura Hana, KoreanBBQ, geists, pieguyn

F-16_Fighting_Falcon (6)
-
BROseidon, Ser Arthur Dayne, DOMO, MC Maraca, Casso the King of Seals, Bert

Casso the King of Seals (2)
-
zMuffinMan, goodmorning

MC Maraca (1)
-
Tammy

goodmorning (1)
-
Norlkaz

Not Voting (4)
-
MafiaSSK, F-16_Fighting_Falcon, Stuffed Crust, Generic

With 20 alive, it takes 11 to lynch! Deadline is on December 26th at 3:45 PM EST or in (expired on 2013-12-26 16:44:27)

Mod Notes
-
Varsoon head of Stuffed Crust V/LA until January 25th. Tammy is V/LA until the 23rd. F-16_Fighting_Falcon is V/LA until the 31st. goodmorning is V/LA until the 26th. DOMO is V/LA until the 27th. Generic is V/LA until the 26th.
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3239 (ISO) » Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:23 pm

Post by geists »

In post 3237, MC Maraca wrote:Hi. I'm not mara and I'm here now.

Also ffery you've hit my townread on you with a torpedo these past few pages. Shame shame.
Then you need to add some pages to your binder.
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3240 (ISO) » Mon Dec 23, 2013 1:00 pm

Post by Desperado »

this game is an abomination

mara's towncasso case is littered with shitty towntells. casso is town for discussing reads in their qt (that you aren't privy to)? casso is town for miscommunicating and that comes more from town hydras (what??)?

that's your smoking gun? faking hydra interaction is not difficult. why do you think thor and nacho aren't capable of it?

PS i'm townreading both mara and casso right now. but that is literally the only thing i found interesting since the last time i posted

whoever said that mara's case convinced them to change their
;)
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3241 (ISO) » Mon Dec 23, 2013 1:01 pm

Post by Desperado »

opinion on casso is probably scum
;)
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3242 (ISO) » Mon Dec 23, 2013 1:05 pm

Post by Desperado »

In post 3220, Sakura Hana wrote:I'm pretty sure any of the other ones can be faked but this:
In post 3217, MC Maraca wrote:I liked this section of the post as it, yet again shows that they are talking, and not only talking, but scum-hunting withing their QT. this post shows that they are debating reads, and that they are actually trying to find some kind of common ground
I spent 15 minutes thinking "How can i disprove this", I couldn't... hence I concede, Casso is town again.
this guy
;)
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3243 (ISO) » Mon Dec 23, 2013 1:05 pm

Post by Desperado »

"how can i disprove this thing that you can't even prove yourself, welp, guess they're town"

barf
;)
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3244 (ISO) » Mon Dec 23, 2013 1:09 pm

Post by geists »

I take back all the mean things I've been thinking about you this game Desp.
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3245 (ISO) » Mon Dec 23, 2013 1:13 pm

Post by Desperado »

it was only a matter of time
;)
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3246 (ISO) » Mon Dec 23, 2013 3:01 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

And suddenly people stop posting.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3247 (ISO) » Mon Dec 23, 2013 3:14 pm

Post by F-16_Fighting_Falcon »

Mara, I don't agree with your reasoning for pushing Tammy and I assumed that it was scum motivated. Naturally, I pushed you for it. The reasoning I provided was much the same that Tammy did. I agreed with her reasoning and conclusions. I pointed this out before. She explains it in her . We were clearly both wrong about your affiliation.

I also want to respond to this:
In post 3067, geists wrote:I haven't noticed anyone do more than handwave about the past 20 pages or so. I totally TOTALLY disagreed with his push on Maraca, and I thought he made too much of a deal about Tammy being some delicate flower whose day 1 effectiveness could be completely destroyed by a scumread. She's capbable of taking that kind of thing in stride and using it to advantage. I've seen her do it.
I think you misread my intentions because I certainly think Tammy is a big girl that is capable of using things like this to a town advantage. I merely agreed with her assessment of herself that scum would want to throw her off-balance and connected it with past experience. She elaborates on it in . This isn't something I deduced by myself.

@ BERT, I never agreed with your read on Geists. I thought it made you town because it came from a town place. Unless you are claiming that I should believe town are always correct, it doesn't follow that I should follow your vote on them. I think you are both town.

@ Generic, I find your stance very scummy. You seem to posturing yourself to vote me based on Mara's certainty despite earlier saying that you were townreading me. Mara and I have played one game together and we didn't interact a lot in it either. You and I played in one game where we interacted a lot. Why would you trust her read over your own?

So, far out of the people that voted me, I find MC the most townish - even without the Mason claim, I think Mara obvtowned herself. I am inclined to believe GoodMorning is the other mason as it matches with MC's read on her and other's thoughts about it. I find Casso extremely scummy. Partly because Nacho is hanging back while Thor troll-votes anyone and everyone without regard to who is town or scum or has any reads at all. Most of his posts are alignment neutral but the fundamental difference is that I believe town-Thor would play to win. As of now, it doesn't seem like they are helping town win. The others on the wagon are null besides Bert who is town. Off the wagon, I am even more confident in my read on Geists. I am getting slightly paranoid that GIF thinks ffery is scum and he has lot more experience playing with her but I evaluated their slot to the best of my ability and still read them as town. Pieguyn's latest posts also re-affirm my previous townread as do Desperado's and Korean BBQ's.

TOWN
:
1) Tammy
2) Geists
3) Desperado
4) Pieguyn
5) Bert
6) GoodMorning
7) MC Maraca

YET TO BE SORTED
:
8) zMuffinMan - Leaning town
9) KoreanBBQ - Leaning town
10) MafiaSSK - Null
11) DOMO - Null
12) BROseidon - Null
13) Norlkaz - Null
14) Cephrir - Null
15) Sakura Hana - Null
16) Ser Arthur Dayne - Null
17) Generic - Leaning scum

SCUM
:
18) Stuffed Crust
19) Casso the King of Seals

I think Casso is scum likely with Stuffed Crust, and possibly a couple of people in my null pile, Generic being a person of concern at this moment. Casso's vote on me is especially suspicious because Nacho knows how to read me really well. He's played plenty of games with me, I've asked for his advice on how to improve my game both in PMs and in public etc. If that slot has a read on me, it would be Nacho's and if they had a scum read, he would attack me extensively. Nacho sitting back and letting Thor throw in a troll vote doesn't match up with his town meta. Nacho also wouldn't be indifferent to having a read on me or let Thor take the lead.
KoreanBBQ
KoreanBBQ
Goon
KoreanBBQ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3248 (ISO) » Mon Dec 23, 2013 3:23 pm

Post by KoreanBBQ »

If it helps, its nero who's scumreading fery.
I'm ultimatively townreading her and whenever I see something off from the post, its apparently nati's post so I quietly withdraw my suspicion time to time.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3249 (ISO) » Mon Dec 23, 2013 3:26 pm

Post by Cephrir »

SC is still scum and still very much needs to be lynched.

I hate myself for continuing to ignore this game.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”