Open 538: Diffusion of Power (Game Over)

EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 9:48 am

Post by EspeciallyTheLies »

In post 148, Lucky2u wrote: Curious. What's the difference between null/nothing/and the unnamed category for me and cherry?
Hi Ninja.
Art is cool.
Zebe
Zebe
Goon
Zebe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 9:52 am

Post by Zebe »

Well, Gam has been posting, we'll see if he returns. Kalimar has only one super short post. I don't want to stay in RVS too long and I've seen some players who skip RVS return when they're mentioned/suspected.
Does Bo Know
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 9:57 am

Post by Does Bo Know »

In post 151, Zebe wrote:Well, Gam has been posting, we'll see if he returns. Kalimar has only one super short post. I don't want to stay in RVS too long and I've seen some players who skip RVS return when they're mentioned/suspected.
You don't want to stay in RVS too long?

If you ask me, we were out of RVS long before you got here.

Also do you think Gam or Kalimar is scummier and why?
Town: 11-12; Scum: 10-4; Third-party 1-0
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 10:03 am

Post by Wake1 »

In post 142, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:
In post 141, Wake1 wrote:
In post 140, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:Whoa I get a special post. :P
I have a special place in my heart for intelligent females. :D
In post 140, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:
In post 139, Wake1 wrote:
EspeciallyTheLies

———✹
Who's your top Town and Scum reads?
BB as town. Gam as scum.
OK. Why? :)
You didn't ask that! :wink: I really liked BB's reaction test, despite the lame results. I am not discounting that scum may do it to, but in my opinion, reaction tests are dangerous for scum because it reveals a lot about a lot of people, depending on the result. I think BB would stay away from that as scum.

Gam I explained. He needs to post more. I don't have anything else on him at the moment other than what I noticed in his pre-vote post.
Wake wrote:
Wake wrote:
———✹
Say your gut is strongly telling you someone is Scum, but there was no logic or evidence behind it. Is anyone here that person so far?
Gut scum read with no evidence or logic... um... I haven't had one of those yet. I need a bit more from everyone.
Fair enough. With time I will ask you this again.
Wake wrote:
———✹
What's your read on DBK, Lucky, and Aptil?
I like DBK so far. I feel he's going to be a bit more difficult for me to read, the same way ffery is hard to ready, because they are both such calm posters it's hard not to equate it with towniness on a gut level.

Lucky is leaning more town. I am waiting to see his reactions to other wagons besides his own. So far I like what he's done since getting the sillies out of his system.

Aptil, I don't know. I don't like her posts yet, but I've seen her style in other games. She tends to be lynch bait.
Aptil's a he, and he regrets sounding like April.

Interesting on DBK. Do you consider me calm as well? Just curious. Does your gut say he's leaning a little Town or Scum?
(I have always thought Aptil was April because his avatar was April from TMNT... )

Gut tells me Bo is leaning town.

And right now I consider you calm which is not very similar to your town games, but I've never seen one of your scum games so I have you as "fucking weird, need to sort". It's also not the same kind of calm from Bo. There's a difference between logical calm and creepy forced calm.
Wake wrote:What if people thought you and Lucky were Scumbuddies, and you two just did a distancing act? Crazy, right?
lol... not something I considered. It's one theory I suppose, though it's incorrect. This would mean you find both of us scummy independently, but I actually feel you think I'm scummy, and Lucky by association. That's a little weird to me.
Wake wrote:Aptil's lynchbait because he's not very intimidating. "Oh my God, it's Aptil." "Oh my God, it's Bob." "Eddie." 'April." Whenever I read his name I think spring, flowers, and chocolate eggs. Aptil, put a zombie dragon in your avatar immediately.
Wake wrote:
———✹
I just don't see the case on Lucky, and I'm not buddying him, either. You're basically voting for him because he made some fluffy posts instead of getting serious all up in this bitch. I usually make at least one unserious post within the first few pages, just for fun and, well, sometimes I have fun mid and late game, too. :D
I did it to sort him, and now he's mostly sorted for me. :cool: But I'm also no longer voting him (I'm voting gam).
Uh huh. And what did you learn? Maybe you shifted towards Gam too quickly, considering your earlier show of tenacity? (PSST~It means I suspect you a little. Don't worry.)
I wanted to see his reaction to pressure. It took him a moment, but like I said, his post 126 and 127 make me lean more town on him. I don't understand what you mean, "shifted to Gam too quickly"? In whose opinion? If that is
your
opinion, then explain why. I obviously don't think so. Right now I'm not using my vote to lynch people, if you hadn't noticed.
Wake wrote:
Wake wrote:
———✹
Garmr, if memory serves, has at least one Scum game and a few Town games. However, I may be wrong.
Ok?
You gave me a bland muffin when I wanted a delicious cupcake. Don't do this. Ever. Clearly this segment pertained to your mention of Gam possible being Newb Scum.
You made a bland statement and did not ask me for anything. Am I supposed to read your mind? Come on now. That's not really fair, is it? To set someone up to fail and then chastise them for it when they do? If you want to know something, ask me what you want to know. Don't just throw out random statements and expect me to instantly know what you want.

The newbie scum comment came from the general feel of his posts and his join date.

Did you really need to me to actively explain that to you?
Wake wrote:
Wake wrote:
———✹
I sorta kinda see your point in #124, but I'm not sold on it yet. Anything else that makes you suspect them?
Nope. I explained it a bit further a couple posts ago, you may have missed.

Hm...
Wake wrote:
———✹
What are all the points you have against Lucky and Garmantz for reference' sake, please.
I am not suspecting Lucky at this time. See my for the answer to this question.
Out of curiosity, should your newfound target flip Town, how would you like your neck broken? Lengthwise or crosswise?
What the hell are you talking about? It would be nice if people would just apply some fucking pressure on him so I can see what happens.
Wake wrote:
Wake wrote:
———✹
This is my signature. My method of Scumhunting. I'm better able to play using this technique. Suffering from ADD, I can better gather my thoughts this way. You can check Mini 1516: Mafia in Space to see the inception and progression of my gameplay.
Ok. :P
I don't know why, but I sense a sort of apprehension from you. Maybe it's the chili I ate earlier.
It must be. Define apprehension and how you imagine I would manifest it via my posts. Then go find a common example from any of my other games to support this statement.
I'm inclined to agree with that bit on BBMolla. You vote Lucky for fluff, and you vote Gamsimbre for lack of posting.
How do you reconcile that with the fact that Gamsimbre has 10 posts, and Zebe, Mr. Blonde, Aptil, Cheery Dog, SMudger, and Kalimar
all
have
less
than 10 posts?

Wanna delve into why your gut tells you Bo is Town? Also, me being weird and in need of sorting out? Well then. What exactly screams "weird"?? You and Lucky could very well be Scum doing the distancing act. I do that a lot as Scum.

Hm...
"It's wise to be... cautious... with Wake."
— House*
"What Wake lacks in charisma, he makes up for it in pure analytic power."
— Nosferatu*
Lucky2u
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 10:04 am

Post by Lucky2u »

In post 150, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:
In post 148, Lucky2u wrote: Curious. What's the difference between null/nothing/and the unnamed category for me and cherry?
Hi Ninja.
Shhh... You'll give away that we are lovers with day talk.
The bunny knight reigns supreme!
Get to know me! Here! and now Here too!
anorway
anorway
Goon
anorway
Goon
Goon

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 10:07 am

Post by anorway »

Keybladewielder has been prodded.
Does Bo Know
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 10:10 am

Post by Does Bo Know »

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Gam

If you guys want reasons, wait until later, but there is one reason I'm hiding, no questions asked. The rest of the reasons are basically outlined by ETL in his further explanation, I'm too lazy to go back and look.

Yeah the Lucky wagon probably wasn't going to make anything else come out. That and I'm bored with it.
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 10:18 am

Post by Wake1 »

Why exactly is DBK and ETL voting Gamsimbre?
— House*
— Nosferatu*
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 10:20 am

In post 153, Wake1 wrote:I'm inclined to agree with that bit on BBMolla. You vote Lucky for fluff, and you vote Gamsimbre for lack of posting. How do you reconcile that with the fact that Gamsimbre has 10 posts, and Zebe, Mr. Blonde, Aptil, Cheery Dog, SMudger, and Kalimar all have less than 10 posts?
Is it more effective push in all directions at once or it more effective to push until something falls out? Does it look like I'm done with gam yet? Does it look like I appreciate you making my push on gam completely fucking worthless by discussing it? Where is the town motivation in what you are doing?
Wake wrote:Wanna delve into why your gut tells you Bo is Town?
Sure. When you can explain why we wouldn't call it something else if it could be delved into. If I could explain my gut feelings on Bo, it would not be gut.
Wake wrote:Also, me being weird and in need of sorting out? Well then. What exactly screams "weird"??
How about the fact that you seem completely unwilling to allow pressure votes to exist without nullifying them. Why is that? Or maybe that you are trying to insinuate that I'm somehow distancing from Lucky, when that is
literally impossible given my role/alignment.

Wake wrote:You and Lucky could very well be Scum doing the distancing act. I do that a lot as Scum.
I think we've established that I am not you. But since you don't quite seem convinced that people act differently, let me direct you to Chaos Omega's Double Day unlimited. Anti and I were scum, and I continually called him my strongest town read, all the way to end game. I never wavered on that. Wanna know why? Because it fucking works.
Hm...
Hm indeed.

Where is your vote and why are you voting there?
Art is cool.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 10:21 am

In post 157, Wake1 wrote:Why exactly is DBK and ETL voting Gamsimbre?
You are annoying me very quickly.

RTFT.
Art is cool.
Lucky2u
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 10:23 am

Post by Lucky2u »

In post 159, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:
You are annoying me very quickly.

RTFT.
Keep calm and keep hunting ETL
The bunny knight reigns supreme!
Get to know me! Here! and now Here too!
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 10:24 am

Post by BBmolla »

In post 141, Wake1 wrote:
In post 140, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:Whoa I get a special post. :P
I have a special place in my heart for intelligent females. :D
I'm not okay with this fwiw. Not game related, just wanted to say something.

Wake, ETL, DBK, and Lucky are all more than likely town, at the very least not lynchworthy today. Scum is in lurkers.

I see what was wrong with Gam's post, but I still kind of like him. I don't want to go that route atm
@thesupertriomusical on Instagram, come see it if you’re in LA area, I wrote it!
Does Bo Know
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 10:28 am

Post by Does Bo Know »

I'm pretty sure I'm just sheeping ETL right now, so anything she's said this far I basically agree with.

Shut up and let us wagon. Join in if you want.

I like ETL's 158. I'm just starting to get a solid town read on her.
Zebe
Zebe
Goon
Zebe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 10:40 am

Post by Zebe »

@Lucky and ETL:
To clarify:
Null is 'no useful or very useless activity'
Nothing is 'no activity to even start with'
And the uncategorized category is 'a slight idea, but nothing major'

I'm sorry if this confuzzles you, but that just happens sometimes. I'm not sure if it's me giving more mainstream names to my obscure categories, translation mistakes or something completely different.

@DBK: I don't feel this is 100% out of RVS yet. Half of the players are under 10 posts and something. I consider RVS more than just "random" stage of the game (None of the votes are
never truly
random). My "RVS" is can be described as the time to get the game rolling properly. Like in the scum/null/nothing/wth case above, lines I draw are never straight.

Kalimar & gam, who's scummier? With only 1 post from K, I have to choose gam. That contradiction with and .
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 10:41 am

Post by Wake1 »

Her reasoning for voting Gam has no grounding, because over five people have posted less than he has.

Pardon me for unearthing inconsistencies. Gotta keep people honest and busy here.
— House*
— Nosferatu*
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 10:48 am

Right. That is what you are doing wake. :roll:

Zebe, I understand translation issues but it doesnt matter what you think null means or what rvs means. Look in the wiki.

Null is a definition of your
read on the person
, not how many posts they have. And RVS is "random voting stage" where people
vote randomly
until they have a better idea of who they think is scum. It is no longer RVS and you continuing to treat the game state as such is just avoiding making any actual commitments.
Art is cool.
Does Bo Know
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 10:53 am

Post by Does Bo Know »

In post 164, Wake1 wrote:Her reasoning for voting Gam has no grounding, because over five people have posted less than he has.

Pardon me for unearthing inconsistencies. Gotta keep people honest and busy here.
It's more than lack of posting. Read again.
Zebe
Zebe
Goon
Zebe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 11:13 am

Post by Zebe »

@ETL: There is no such definition as "null" in the wiki, so I've defined the meaning of "null" from the definition of the word itself. No useful activity = No useful reads. The definition of RVS, well, is pretty loose sometimes, even person-specific. I'm still a newb in MS and it's use of definitions, this is only my 4th game on this site.

---

DBK, what is your read on ETL and why?
Does Bo Know
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 11:18 am

Post by Does Bo Know »

Town.

Because her thought processes seem town, I guess. I got a much better feeling she was town from though.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 11:31 am

Fair enough, Zebe.

Tell me a bit more about your vote on Kalimar.
Art is cool.
Zebe
Zebe
Goon
Zebe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 11:56 am

Post by Zebe »

Ok, DBK.

My Kalimar vote was pretty much summed up in . Just poking to see if he's present. I've said that few times by now, I don't doubt it works. If it doesn't work at least Kalimar knows I've said it and voted him. I'm not sure what to expect though, as his participation to that early Wake-wagon can be dismissed as RVS.

ETL, what is your read on DBK and why.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 11:59 am

I find his easy town read of me unsettling. I think he's leaning town, but that is kind of weird.
Art is cool.
Does Bo Know
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:00 pm

Post by Does Bo Know »

I personally think your vote on Kalimar isn't very useful. An FOS or something similar to let him know he should play, sure, but not a vote.
Does Bo Know
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:01 pm

Post by Does Bo Know »

In post 171, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:I find his easy town read of me unsettling. I think he's leaning town, but that is kind of weird.
I had a "weird town" read on you too for a while, trying to decipher you vs. Wake. But I just really liked post 158. A lot. More than I should probably, lol
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:07 pm

Post by Wake1 »

It's my nature to question things that I don't understand. I suppose there are a few things to mull over regarding ETL and Gamsimbre. After questiong you ETL for voting Lucky for fluff, you then turned your attention to Gamsimbre because he agreed with me, asked lUcky for input, and then voted him. You're saying his post pinged his gut, and that there was a waffly nature to it. I don't quite understand it, because I'm not having those same feelings. What I'm trying to do is understand your actions and motivations, because you've been tripping my gut, ETL. It's not a bad thing to place pressure on other players, but does that mean I can't question your posts? The answer, in my opinion, is "no."

One thing that I know cannot be counted is you voting Gamsimbre for having few posts, because at least 5 people have posted less than him. On that ground alone, there's no solidity. If you're going after him to apply pressure, I've got no problem with it. Just don't derp or quick hammer. If I haven't made it apparent, I'm very leery of mislynches, and take issue when I see one forming. Who here has ever been on the receiving end of a bad wagon? I know I have, and it's not fun. Let's try to avoid that here if we can.
— House*
— Nosferatu*

Return to “Completed Open Games”