Open 538: Diffusion of Power (Game Over)

Lucky2u
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 4:04 am

Post by Lucky2u »

In post 121, aptil wrote:#98 is so bad Lucky . There is enough content for you to comment on . Instead you go and do a random vote .
Your taking that wholly out of context and THAT is bad. Are you just trying to misrep me or did you skim the interaction between me and ETL instead of reading it?
The bunny knight reigns supreme!
Get to know me! Here! and now Here too!
Lucky2u
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 4:11 am

Post by Lucky2u »

In post 122, Wake1 wrote:Give him time.

Lucky, I'm assuming you do plan to get into this game.
Your defending me an awful lot wake, like more than seems warranted. I don't quite get the motivation. Are you the secret Night 0 cop?
Lucky2u
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 4:13 am

Post by Lucky2u »

In post 120, Cheery Dog wrote:
In post 98, Lucky2u wrote:VOTE: Aptil

Because the dice said so.

There, am I doing it right?
You're doing it even more wrong.
All the posts I made and you chose to snipe at the heavily sarcastic vote? Find something else in the twenty posts between yours and that quote to comment on that has substance please.
Lucky2u
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 4:19 am

Post by Lucky2u »

In post 114, gamsimbre wrote:Wow, lots of posts since I checked last time!
In post 78, Wake1 wrote:Yeah, I don't like this from you two. His first post wasn't serious, and was a playful poke at MS for its problems. I'd do the same. Your reason for voting him is nonexistent.having an unserious post isn't Scummy, and you know that, so what are you doing?
I agree with this, I assumed lucky's vote was just a joke and he'd eventually get around to something. However, lucky's next post completely disregards the whole BB gambiting Wake thing, and doesn't haven't any feelings about whether or not about if it's scummy or not. Lucky, do you have anything else to say about what happened then?
Ignoring your terrible vote in the post following this one and responding to your question. I take gambits like that with a grain of salt. The rules don't leave much to the imagination so a night 0 cop is a bit ridiculous. He could have done it in an attempt to seem town because there is a stereotype that only town players make reaction test gambits. It doesn't sway my opinion of either player since wake didn't give anything away during the gambit. The only knowledge I really gleemed from it is that if BB is scum, wake probably isn't on his team. I don't think BB would have targeted a scum mate for that gambit if it was a fake.
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 4:44 am

Post by Wake1 »

*Reveals
Annihilator Beam
"It's wise to be... cautious... with Wake."
— House*
"What Wake lacks in charisma, he makes up for it in pure analytic power."
— Nosferatu*
Does Bo Know
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 5:24 am

Post by Does Bo Know »

In post 124, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:
In post 114, gamsimbre wrote:Wow, lots of posts since I checked last time!
In post 78, Wake1 wrote:Yeah, I don't like this from you two. His first post wasn't serious, and was a playful poke at MS for its problems. I'd do the same. Your reason for voting him is nonexistent.having an unserious post isn't Scummy, and you know that, so what are you doing?
I agree with this, I assumed lucky's vote was just a joke and he'd eventually get around to something. However, lucky's next post completely disregards the whole BB gambiting Wake thing, and doesn't haven't any feelings about whether or not about if it's scummy or not. Lucky, do you have anything else to say about what happened then?
@Bo: something about this post really pings me. The waffly nature he took by agreeing with wake about me, asking lucky for input, but then voting him anyway is weird.

VOTE: gam
Ehhhhhhhh

I don't agree. People vote other people to pressure while questioning. I actually find his post pretty townie.
Town: 11-12; Scum: 10-4; Third-party 1-0
Does Bo Know
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 5:24 am

Post by Does Bo Know »

In post 129, Wake1 wrote:
*Reveals
Annihilator Beam
The fuck is this?
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 5:31 am

Post by EspeciallyTheLies »

In post 130, Does Bo Know wrote:Ehhhhhhhh

I don't agree. People vote other people to pressure while questioning. I actually find his post pretty townie.
That's not what I'm talking about. I'm talking about the motivation behind his comments. He agrees with Wake who has been clearly argumentative, in an attempt to appease him, and cast doubt on me and my reads. He asks Lucky for comments on BB's claim and results thereof, with the intention of seeming productive townie, and despite agreeing with Wake about Lucky, he puts him at L2.

It's one thing to apply pressure, but to do so after the fact is just bad scum trying to blend in.

Also the "wow lots of posts" comment is just unnecessary and fishy, like he's trying to give the impression he hasn't been active lurking.
Art is cool.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 5:33 am

In post 131, Does Bo Know wrote:
In post 129, Wake1 wrote:
*Reveals
Annihilator Beam
The fuck is this?
Art is cool.
Does Bo Know
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 5:36 am

Post by Does Bo Know »

Okay thanks ETL, I get what you're saying now.

I'm not done with this wagon yet though.
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 5:54 am

Post by Wake1 »

DBK/ETL, it's not trolling. In five games right now. Working on this one at the moment. Whatever you think it is, it's not trolling. You can trust me on that.
— House*
— Nosferatu*
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 5:57 am

I'm just making jokes, Wake.
Art is cool.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 5:58 am

By the way, Lucky's posts and make me feel better about him.
Art is cool.
Does Bo Know
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 5:59 am

Post by Does Bo Know »

In post 135, Wake1 wrote:DBK/ETL, it's not trolling. In five games right now. Working on this one at the moment. Whatever you think it is, it's not trolling. You can trust me on that.
Are you going to reveal this:
- At the end of this game?
- Ever?
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 6:04 am

Post by Wake1 »

EspeciallyTheLies

———✹
Who's your top Town and Scum reads?

———✹
Say your gut is strongly telling you someone is Scum, but there was no logic or evidence behind it. Is anyone here that person so far?

———✹
What's your read on DBK, Lucky, and Aptil?

———✹
I just don't see the case on Lucky, and I'm not buddying him, either. You're basically voting for him because he made some fluffy posts instead of getting serious all up in this bitch. I usually make at least one unserious post within the first few pages, just for fun and, well, sometimes I have fun mid and late game, too. :D

———✹
Garmr, if memory serves, has at least one Scum game and a few Town games. However, I may be wrong.

———✹
I sorta kinda see your point in #124, but I'm not sold on it yet. Anything else that makes you suspect them?

———✹
What are all the points you have against Lucky and Garmantz for reference' sake, please.

———✹
This is my signature. My method of Scumhunting. I'm better able to play using this technique. Suffering from ADD, I can better gather my thoughts this way. You can check Mini 1516: Mafia in Space to see the inception and progression of my gameplay.
— House*
— Nosferatu*
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 6:18 am

Whoa I get a special post. :P
In post 139, Wake1 wrote:
EspeciallyTheLies

———✹
BB as town. Gam as scum.
Wake wrote:
———✹
Say your gut is strongly telling you someone is Scum, but there was no logic or evidence behind it. Is anyone here that person so far?
Gut scum read with no evidence or logic... um... I haven't had one of those yet. I need a bit more from everyone.
Wake wrote:
———✹
I like DBK so far. I feel he's going to be a bit more difficult for me to read, the same way ffery is hard to ready, because they are both such calm posters it's hard not to equate it with towniness on a gut level.

Lucky is leaning more town. I am waiting to see his reactions to other wagons besides his own. So far I like what he's done since getting the sillies out of his system.

Aptil, I don't know. I don't like her posts yet, but I've seen her style in other games. She tends to be lynch bait.
Wake wrote:
———✹
I just don't see the case on Lucky, and I'm not buddying him, either. You're basically voting for him because he made some fluffy posts instead of getting serious all up in this bitch. I usually make at least one unserious post within the first few pages, just for fun and, well, sometimes I have fun mid and late game, too. :D
I did it to sort him, and now he's mostly sorted for me. :cool: But I'm also no longer voting him (I'm voting gam).
Wake wrote:
———✹
Garmr, if memory serves, has at least one Scum game and a few Town games. However, I may be wrong.
Ok?
Wake wrote:
———✹
I sorta kinda see your point in #124, but I'm not sold on it yet. Anything else that makes you suspect them?
Nope. I explained it a bit further a couple posts ago, you may have missed.
Wake wrote:
———✹
What are all the points you have against Lucky and Garmantz for reference' sake, please.
I am not suspecting Lucky at this time. See my for the answer to this question.
Wake wrote:
———✹
This is my signature. My method of Scumhunting. I'm better able to play using this technique. Suffering from ADD, I can better gather my thoughts this way. You can check Mini 1516: Mafia in Space to see the inception and progression of my gameplay.
Ok. :P
Art is cool.
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 6:46 am

Post by Wake1 »

In post 140, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:Whoa I get a special post. :P
I have a special place in my heart for intelligent females. :D
In post 140, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:
EspeciallyTheLies

———✹
BB as town. Gam as scum.
OK. Why? :)
Wake wrote:
———✹
Gut scum read with no evidence or logic... um... I haven't had one of those yet. I need a bit more from everyone.
Fair enough. With time I will ask you this again.
Wake wrote:
———✹
I like DBK so far. I feel he's going to be a bit more difficult for me to read, the same way ffery is hard to ready, because they are both such calm posters it's hard not to equate it with towniness on a gut level.

Lucky is leaning more town. I am waiting to see his reactions to other wagons besides his own. So far I like what he's done since getting the sillies out of his system.

Aptil, I don't know. I don't like her posts yet, but I've seen her style in other games. She tends to be lynch bait.
Aptil's a he, and he regrets sounding like April.

Interesting on DBK. Do you consider me calm as well? Just curious. Does your gut say he's leaning a little Town or Scum?

What if people thought you and Lucky were Scumbuddies, and you two just did a distancing act? Crazy, right?

Aptil's lynchbait because he's not very intimidating. "Oh my God, it's Aptil." "Oh my God, it's Bob." "Eddie." 'April." Whenever I read his name I think spring, flowers, and chocolate eggs. Aptil, put a zombie dragon in your avatar immediately.
Wake wrote:
———✹
I did it to sort him, and now he's mostly sorted for me. :cool: But I'm also no longer voting him (I'm voting gam).
Uh huh. And what did you learn? Maybe you shifted towards Gam too quickly, considering your earlier show of tenacity? (PSST~It means I suspect you a little. Don't worry.)
Wake wrote:
———✹
Ok?
You gave me a bland muffin when I wanted a delicious cupcake. Don't do this. Ever. Clearly this segment pertained to your mention of Gam possible being Newb Scum.
Wake wrote:
———✹

Hm...
Wake wrote:
———✹
Out of curiosity, should your newfound target flip Town, how would you like your neck broken? Lengthwise or crosswise?
Wake wrote:
———✹
I don't know why, but I sense a sort of apprehension from you. Maybe it's the chili I ate earlier.
— House*
— Nosferatu*
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 7:08 am

In post 141, Wake1 wrote:
In post 140, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:Whoa I get a special post. :P
I have a special place in my heart for intelligent females. :D
EspeciallyTheLies

———✹
BB as town. Gam as scum.
OK. Why? :)
You didn't ask that! :wink: I really liked BB's reaction test, despite the lame results. I am not discounting that scum may do it to, but in my opinion, reaction tests are dangerous for scum because it reveals a lot about a lot of people, depending on the result. I think BB would stay away from that as scum.

Gam I explained. He needs to post more. I don't have anything else on him at the moment other than what I noticed in his pre-vote post.
Wake wrote:
Wake wrote:
———✹
Fair enough. With time I will ask you this again.
Wake wrote:
———✹

Aptil's a he, and he regrets sounding like April.

Interesting on DBK. Do you consider me calm as well? Just curious. Does your gut say he's leaning a little Town or Scum?
(I have always thought Aptil was April because his avatar was April from TMNT... )

Gut tells me Bo is leaning town.

And right now I consider you calm which is not very similar to your town games, but I've never seen one of your scum games so I have you as "fucking weird, need to sort". It's also not the same kind of calm from Bo. There's a difference between logical calm and creepy forced calm.
Wake wrote:What if people thought you and Lucky were Scumbuddies, and you two just did a distancing act? Crazy, right?
lol... not something I considered. It's one theory I suppose, though it's incorrect. This would mean you find both of us scummy independently, but I actually feel you think I'm scummy, and Lucky by association. That's a little weird to me.
Wake wrote:Aptil's lynchbait because he's not very intimidating. "Oh my God, it's Aptil." "Oh my God, it's Bob." "Eddie." 'April." Whenever I read his name I think spring, flowers, and chocolate eggs. Aptil, put a zombie dragon in your avatar immediately.
Wake wrote:
———✹
Uh huh. And what did you learn? Maybe you shifted towards Gam too quickly, considering your earlier show of tenacity? (PSST~It means I suspect you a little. Don't worry.)
I wanted to see his reaction to pressure. It took him a moment, but like I said, his post 126 and 127 make me lean more town on him. I don't understand what you mean, "shifted to Gam too quickly"? In whose opinion? If that is
your
opinion, then explain why. I obviously don't think so. Right now I'm not using my vote to lynch people, if you hadn't noticed.
Wake wrote:
Wake wrote:
———✹
Ok?
You gave me a bland muffin when I wanted a delicious cupcake. Don't do this. Ever. Clearly this segment pertained to your mention of Gam possible being Newb Scum.
You made a bland statement and did not ask me for anything. Am I supposed to read your mind? Come on now. That's not really fair, is it? To set someone up to fail and then chastise them for it when they do? If you want to know something, ask me what you want to know. Don't just throw out random statements and expect me to instantly know what you want.

The newbie scum comment came from the general feel of his posts and his join date.

Did you really need to me to actively explain that to you?
Wake wrote:
Wake wrote:
———✹

Hm...
Wake wrote:
———✹
Out of curiosity, should your newfound target flip Town, how would you like your neck broken? Lengthwise or crosswise?
What the hell are you talking about? It would be nice if people would just apply some fucking pressure on him so I can see what happens.
Wake wrote:
Wake wrote:
———✹
I don't know why, but I sense a sort of apprehension from you. Maybe it's the chili I ate earlier.
It must be. Define apprehension and how you imagine I would manifest it via my posts. Then go find a common example from any of my other games to support this statement.
Art is cool.
Zebe
Zebe
Goon
Zebe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 8:33 am

Post by Zebe »

Bep Boop.

I've read the thread few times now, but I (still) need time to think. I don't have solid reads yet, but DBK, Wake, ETL and maybe BB are leaning town at the moment. Rest are null, scummy or nothing. Anyone can ask questions and whatnot.

VOTE: Kalimar

Let's see what happens.
Does Bo Know
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 8:34 am

Post by Does Bo Know »

Oh crap

I just remembered that Zebe and KBW are like super lurkers, and that Kalimar hasn't done anything yet.

@Zebe: Is there a reason for voting Kalimar besides "just because?"
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 8:44 am

In post 143, Zebe wrote:Bep Boop.

I've read the thread few times now, but I (still) need time to think. I don't have solid reads yet, but DBK, Wake, ETL and maybe BB are leaning town at the moment.
Rest are null, scummy or nothing.
Anyone can ask questions and whatnot.

VOTE: Kalimar

Let's see what happens.
Expand on that please. Who do you think is null, why? Who do you think is scummy? Why? And what is "nothing"?
Art is cool.
Zebe
Zebe
Goon
Zebe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 9:12 am

Post by Zebe »

@DBK: I find interesting. Kalimar is just visiting here to vote Wake (to -2 as he mentioned). It's also nice you remember me... :P

@ETL:
Null: Mr_Blonde, Smudger and aptil because almost nothing to read.
Scummy: Gam and Kalimar leaning scum (more or less) because I cannot see reasoning behind some of their votes except wagoning.
Nothing: KBW, simply no posts...

I didn't include either Cheery Dog or lucky, I'm not decided where to put them yet.
Does Bo Know
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 9:26 am

Post by Does Bo Know »

Oh wait I forgot he posted and I was too lazy to go back.

There's also nothing wrong with wagoning votes in RVS.

Why don't you think pressuring Gam is better than having a sole vote on Kalimar?
Lucky2u
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 9:48 am

Post by Lucky2u »

In post 146, Zebe wrote:@DBK: I find interesting. Kalimar is just visiting here to vote Wake (to -2 as he mentioned). It's also nice you remember me... :P

@ETL:
Scummy: Gam and Kalimar leaning scum (more or less) because I cannot see reasoning behind some of their votes except wagoning.

I didn't include either Cheery Dog or lucky, I'm not decided where to put them yet.
Curious. What's the difference between null/nothing/and the unnamed category for me and cherry?
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 9:48 am

In post 146, Zebe wrote:@ETL:

Ok so... your nulls are:

Blondie, Smudger, aptil, KBW, Cheery Dog, and Lucky.

"Nothing b/c no posts" = null
"I don't know where to put them" = null

So why the distinction instead of, perhaps, a tiered list?
Art is cool.

Return to “Completed Open Games”