NY 169: The EPIC XD Mafia Game of Greatness (Game Over)

Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2575 (ISO) » Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:23 am

Post by Desperado »

In post 2545, MC Maraca wrote:I had a huge wall going and then the server decided I don't need to wall.

Desp, why call me scum and then leave GM out of the "partner" discussion when I've spent a shitton of time calling her town to anyone that asks?
lol what

1) didn't you just get done telling me how sooper awsum you are at leaving fake partner tells?
2) why do you think my scumteam has anything to do with your interactions with the other people in it?

Unvote
Vote: MC Maraca
;)
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2576 (ISO) » Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:24 am

Post by Desperado »

Unvote
Vote: MC Maraca
;)
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2577 (ISO) » Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:26 am

Post by Desperado »

In post 2568, Tammy wrote:That would involve me posting their entire iso.

But in a nutshell, their entire iso is off. Mara is trying to affect an "I'm a badass" image, which actually started with her response to my statement that everyone with a start date within the last year was new. It was fake, she was all pfft you're saying I'm new, which is true, but whatevs. Then every single thing she has posted has been her trying to create an affect like she's in control of the game, which some people can't help but do when they're scum. (If on the slight chance she's not scum, I suppose it could be her trying to show off for her hydra partner and create this atmosphere of something she's not, however it more lines up with her scum).

Anyway read their iso, there's a smugness that's there that denotes not one ounce of town trying to figure out the game but scum posturing every chance they get.
fucking BINGO

bingo, baby

maraca is scum
;)
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2578 (ISO) » Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:27 am

Post by Desperado »

In post 2571, Tammy wrote:Desperado am I drunk or did you tell broseidon he should vote maraca whirl you're voting stuff crust?
they're both scum
;)
Empire
Empire
Mafia Scum
Empire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2579 (ISO) » Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:49 am

Post by Empire »

Day 1, Votecount 53
Casso the King of Seals (5)
-
zMuffinMan, goodmorning, pieguyn, Generic, Bert

MC Maraca (3)
-
Tammy, BROseidon, Desperado

Stuffed Crust (3)
-
Sakura Hana, DOMO, Cephrir

zMuffinMan (3)
-
Ser Arthur Dayne, Brian Skies, KoreanBBQ

F-16_Fighting_Falcon (1)
-
MC Maraca

Desperado (1)
-
Stuffed Crust

Not Voting (4)
-
MafiaSSK, F-16_Fighting_Falcon, geists, Casso the King of Seals

With 20 alive, it takes 11 to lynch! Deadline is on December 24th at 3:45 PM EST or in (expired on 2013-12-24 16:44:27)

Mod Notes
-
Casso the King of Seals is V/LA until the 22nd. Varsoon head of Stuffed Crust V/LA until January 25th. Cephrir is V/LA until the 22nd. Tammy is V/LA until the 23rd.

Norlkaz replaces Brian Skies. 24 hours have been added to the deadline due to site downtime.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2580 (ISO) » Fri Dec 20, 2013 5:10 am

Post by F-16_Fighting_Falcon »

In post 2569, Tammy wrote:Falcon - you're not disappointed in me at all for having a meltdown and getting pissed? You don't think it's awful of me at all to be voting mc maraca for what from an outside view could be omgus?
I wish you hadn't but I understand why you did. I skimmed through your ISO in Mafia behind the Maiden after seeing it being referenced in Black Flag to get a perspective of your playstyle. It seems to be a darker side of your play that rarely resurfaces now and MC's attack was likely a trigger either intentional or unintentional.

If I had a townread on them, I would've tried to get you to stop but I don't.

On another note, I've been wanting to play a game with Norlkaz for a while so looking forward to what he has to say.
KoreanBBQ
KoreanBBQ
Goon
KoreanBBQ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2581 (ISO) » Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:04 am

Post by KoreanBBQ »

In post 2565, Tammy wrote:
In post 2349, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:Tammy you can read Nero right?

Because I'm just gonna sheep your read on him.
Unfortunately I don't think Nero has been doing much of the posting.
There's something i remembered liking awhile back, but it was minor.
Nero can get in here and start yelling at people for being stupid any second now.
There is, however, something I'm interested in but won't bear much fruit right this second so I have to wait and see. They were meh-null last I read though.
Nope. I'm not really emotionally invested yet. There's still a large chunk of this game I haven't read (p72-p96?) But don't worry Tammy, I still think you are a crazy lady.

In post 2566, Tammy wrote:
In post 2558, KoreanBBQ wrote:This is really really really really pathetic guys. I know that more conversation is usually considered pro-town but at some point it becomes anti-town. There's likely scum cluttering things up. (geists?) Lynching from SC/Muffin seems like the safest bet regardless of alignment.

I'm also a lil' worried about Pie 'cause he seems like he's on every major wagon.

Why (heists) and not mc maraca here?
I like Mara and Cabd better than I do Nat and Fery. :)

I was a tad worried about Mara earlier 'cause at one point I don't think she was town reading me. This seemed off to me 'cause in the past she's used Nero being humorous and joking around as a town tell. So why wasn't she doing it this game? In she finally gets around to it. Though I guess you could say that it seemed forced like she didn't really want to call me town. In that same post she tells me to stop making fun of Gen which makes me think of Walking Dead were she told me to stop arguing with Matt P. I also kinda like her slot wanting to go ahead and lynch. Do you think she's talking out of both sides of her mouth? Could she manipulate me? Sure. Could she be scum and play to a town meta? Sure.

Giests has 298 posts, they've had plenty of time to decide who they want dead. I mean, on one had, I've gotten after Fery about this before. I forgot what game it was but she did this whole posting/not voting anyone yet and it just drives me bananas. On the other hand its anti-town what she's doing. PERIOD.
Also a bit worried about how tame Nat is. + I felt this was pretty odd
Like GIF has been scumreading SC long before this post so she seems rather detached and maybe an unwillingness to push SC...idk but its really weird.
KoreanBBQ
KoreanBBQ
Goon
KoreanBBQ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2582 (ISO) » Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:20 am

Post by KoreanBBQ »

In post 2562, pieguyn wrote:
In post 2558, KoreanBBQ wrote:I'm also a lil' worried about Pie 'cause he seems like he's on every major wagon.
In post 1057, pieguyn wrote:you've got a fair point about my blatant wagon hopping. I blame the fact that I suck at larges :cry: with so many players I have no idea what the hell to do with my vote so I hop on wagons and hope for the best \o/ I'm trying to figure out a fix but fuck it
Yea ok. I don't buy this explanation at all. I don't think being in a large is any different than any other game. Like in a theme game you might have some p difficult mechanics but THIS. IS. NEW. YORK!! So really the only difference is...more players.
In post 2559, Bert wrote:
In post 2558, KoreanBBQ wrote:There's likely scum cluttering things up. (geists?) Lynching from SC/Muffin seems like the safest bet regardless of alignment.
Why Geists? And also, why is lynching SC/Muffin the safest bet regardless of alignment?
I explained Giest above. I'm not town reading either of Muffin/SC, town needs a lynch ASAP and they are the biggest wagons (other than Thorcho). Even if they are town I do not think they will help. Both are also distractions. Also kinda annoyed that the hydra went V/LA the rest of Day 1 when they were a viable lynch.
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2583 (ISO) » Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:49 am

Post by Generic »

One more addition to the deadline and it will end on Xmas day!

I'm limited access all the way through to the new year guys, I have three kids so my time will be focused on the family.

My vote seems in a good place still as I haven't seen anyone standing out more or casso suddenly becoming obvtown like some players are claiming.
Bert
Bert
Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra
Bert

Post Post #2584 (ISO) » Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:25 pm

Post by Bert »

Site was down today

Hope to be here tomorrow with a site that's up :)

Bert
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2585 (ISO) » Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:50 pm

Post by pieguyn »

In post 2573, Tammy wrote:Also, if maraca is somehow town, ^ this is probs scum.
care to explain why?

ftr I've been wondering about mara for a while now
In post 2582, KoreanBBQ wrote:So really the only difference is...more players.
yeah. since there's more players I feel overwhelmed trying to sort everyone =A= so often I have no idea what to do and I get lost easily. hence wagon hopping
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #2586 (ISO) » Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:55 pm

Post by BROseidon »

In post 2558, KoreanBBQ wrote:I'm also a lil' worried about Pie 'cause he seems like he's on every major wagon.
Why is this indicative of scum-pie?
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2587 (ISO) » Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:56 pm

Post by pieguyn »

I'll hop onto maraca if need be

still prefer casso. not sure about SC 0.0 SC's wagon is giving me bad vibes, but I'm willing to trust GIF's read if need be (plus it'd make sense if they chose to bus considering GIF is known for reading Varsoon correctly all the time). there's too many small wagons and IMO some people need to start merging to get some better wagons going
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #2588 (ISO) » Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:57 pm

Post by BROseidon »

In post 2563, Tammy wrote:Hi!

I'm drunk...I have five minutes, and you know what I think?

Let's lynch mc Maraca.

Because holy fucking shit not only are they fake as shit, but they have 340 posts. On day one. They are drowning out the game in noise.

So everyone should join me on the protwn, let's do shit for town and let's get rid of bloating the game scum wagon.

EVERYONE WITH ME!!!!!!!
I don't really like using post count as a gauge for scumminess.

Like, the AP/me hydra backends games faster than they move when we're at full force, so we end up with like 30-50% more posts than anyone else+another like 60% in our QT.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #2589 (ISO) » Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:00 pm

Post by BROseidon »

@mod can we get an extension deadline to compensate for the site being down. Again
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2590 (ISO) » Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:16 pm

Post by Generic »

In post 2585, pieguyn wrote:
In post 2573, Tammy wrote:Also, if maraca is somehow town, ^ this is probs scum.
care to explain why?

ftr I've been wondering about mara for a while now
In post 2582, KoreanBBQ wrote:So really the only difference is...more players.
yeah. since there's more players I feel overwhelmed trying to sort everyone =A= so often I have no idea what to do and I get lost easily. hence wagon hopping
Oh dear lord that was bad Pieguyn. Someone tries to make a point about you linked to mcmaraca and you now have suspicions of them?

And your explanation for being on all the major wagons is sheeping the majority? :no:
In post 2587, pieguyn wrote:I'll hop onto maraca if need be

still prefer casso. not sure about SC 0.0 SC's wagon is giving me bad vibes, but I'm willing to trust GIF's read if need be (plus it'd make sense if they chose to bus considering GIF is known for reading Varsoon correctly all the time). there's too many small wagons and IMO some people need to start merging to get some better wagons going
So you complain about too many small wagons but open the door to moving your vote to mcmaraca?

Also the comment about SC is atrocious. You are happy on the casso wagon, don't like the SC wagon yet are willing to trust GIF over it, which could be GIF bussing them?!?

Where do I start with THAT!? You trust scum on a wagon you have bad vibes for, you prefer the casso wagon but are ready to move onto two other wagons and you don't want indecision anymore but are open to a new push on mcmaraca....

You are scum aren't you Pieguyn.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2591 (ISO) » Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:24 pm

Post by pieguyn »

I've been wondering about mara for a while now. there's some things she's said that seem off, but I didn't investigate further. now that more people are saying she's scum I'm way more interested. I can elaborate if you want
In post 2590, Generic wrote:Also the comment about SC is atrocious. You are happy on the casso wagon, don't like the SC wagon yet are willing to trust GIF over it, which could be GIF bussing them?!?
o I meant scum bussing SC, not GIF. sry for confusion
In post 2590, Generic wrote:Where do I start with THAT!? You trust scum on a wagon you have bad vibes for, you prefer the casso wagon but are ready to move onto two other wagons and you don't want indecision anymore but are open to a new push on mcmaraca....
essentially I'm fine with all 3 of them, yeah. we need some better wagons and IMO projecting that I'm happy with all 3 could make people more inclined to hop off their respective wagons to form a better wagon
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2592 (ISO) » Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:26 pm

Post by pieguyn »

*better as in larger
wow I shouldn't post when I'm tired as fuck =.=
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2593 (ISO) » Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:38 pm

Post by pieguyn »

oh btw can you answer my question plz
In post 2561, pieguyn wrote:
@generic:
do you think after wingate Mara would necessarily use the same strategy as scum? especially given you two seem familiar with each other, I don't see why she can't switch it up here
KoreanBBQ
KoreanBBQ
Goon
KoreanBBQ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2594 (ISO) » Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:48 pm

Post by KoreanBBQ »

In post 2586, BROseidon wrote:
Why is this indicative of scum-pie?
I don't know what a scumpie looks like, do you?

Though vote hoping like that is just scummy/crappy play. I mean, wouldn't you be worried if I were vote hopping like that?
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2595 (ISO) » Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:55 pm

Post by pieguyn »

In post 2594, KoreanBBQ wrote:I don't know what a scumpie looks like, do you?
yeah you do

have you like erased that game from your memory? LOL
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2596 (ISO) » Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:55 pm

Post by Generic »

I will come back to the GIF thing later because if you are tired i am not likely to get much further here without it seeming like I'm punching an unconscious man, but to answer your question it would require her to stay in control if her play and not react emotively.

And when someone does that it's noticeably fake. She has neither seemed fake in the responses to me nor has she bitten on the antagonism. It's a two way street remember, she could quite easily call me scum for what I did and play up to her own knowledge of me... She has done that before and earnestly because she believed me to be on an opposing scum team.

But she hasn't here, she has recognised I'm doing what I usually do and maintained the read. She hasn't attempts to latch on to me or suck up to me, she merely town read me and moved on with her reads. Town mara in my eyes.

Only way it would be fake is if she knew what I was up to which is plausible and knew what I was looking for from her which is the implausible bit. And cabd could be pretending to be her but again that would show through to me

I don't play the meta card around here cos I only know you guys from a few games. But with mara I will play it vid I mentored her for a time and we have played numerous games together. I don't profess to be 100% on her but I think I can tell when she is genuine.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2597 (ISO) » Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:56 pm

Post by pieguyn »

wait was that Nero or GIF
KoreanBBQ
KoreanBBQ
Goon