NY 169: The EPIC XD Mafia Game of Greatness (Game Over)

Empire
Empire
Mafia Scum
Empire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2325 (ISO) » Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:18 pm

Post by Empire »

Day 1, Votecount 47
Stuffed Crust (5)
-
Sakura Hana, DOMO, Desperado, Cephrir, KoreanBBQ

zMuffinMan (3)
-
Casso the King of Seals, Ser Arthur Dayne, MC Maraca

Casso the King of Seals (3)
-
zMuffinMan, goodmorning, pieguyn

MC Maraca (1)
-
Tammy

DOMO (1)
-
BROseidon

KoreanBBQ (1)
-
Bert

Desperado (1)
-
Stuffed Crust

Not Voting (5)
-
Brian Skies, MafiaSSK, Generic, F-16_Fighting_Falcon, geists

With 20 alive, it takes 11 to lynch! Deadline is on December 22nd at 3:45 PM EST or in (expired on 2013-12-22 16:44:27)

Mod Notes
-
Casso the King of Seals is V/LA until the 22nd. Varsoon head of Stuffed Crust V/LA until January 25th. Cephrir is V/LA until the 22nd. DOMO is V/LA for 48 hours. goodmorning is V/LA until Wednesday. Tammy is V/LA until the 23rd.
Last edited by Empire on Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2326 (ISO) » Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:18 pm

Post by F-16_Fighting_Falcon »

I'll tell you who I think is town if that helps.
Bert
Bert
Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra
Bert

Post Post #2327 (ISO) » Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:19 pm

Post by Bert »

ffery said "you are in luck because I am town" in our newbie together 1436, so that sounds town in my skewed logic ways FWIW lol...

im totally doodling but i am about to skim

P-edit yes that would help
Bert
Bert
Bert

Post Post #2328 (ISO) » Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:20 pm

Post by Bert »

oops wait no that was 1415, bad number memory
In post 489, fferyllt wrote:
In post 488, Bert wrote:FFERY I WANT YOU TO BE TOWN SOOOOOOOOO BAD. Oh and Popcorn and Masons/Monks aren't games I'm fond of haha but you modded it so that made the games much more interesting than they would have been!
You're in luck! I hope I am.

(I only modded the masons and monk game. Human Destroyer was the Popcorn mod)
Bert
Bert
Bert

Post Post #2329 (ISO) » Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:21 pm

Post by Bert »

since you don't really know who is scum, if you're town then I guess scum would logically be playing well and probably be strong players, of which there are a ton in this game, so...BRR
Bert
Bert
Bert

Post Post #2330 (ISO) » Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:24 pm

Post by Bert »

quoted in my own ISO for reference:

Spoiler:
In post 1966, geists wrote:THIS IS NOT A SERIATIM LIST

Town

1. Tammy - p much strongest town read.
4. MC Maraca (Cabd + Ms Marangal) - lots of footnotes but we're here for now. Would like to hear what the point of the crumb gambit was.
5. F-16_Fighting_Falcon - Nati feels stronger about this read than ffery does, but both are pretty comfortable at this point.
9. Stuffed Crust (Mac + Varsoon) - unless GiF says otherwise.
13. KoreanBBQ (GuyInFreezer + Nero Cain) - this read could go stale fast, though. Right now, they're almost on a par with Tammy as far as ffery is concerned.
18. DOMO - for ffery this read weakened a little. Listening to Mara for now.

Maybe Town

3. Casso the King of Seals (Nachomamma8 + Thor665) - both of us are happier with Nacho's posts over the last couple of days, particularly the strong flashes of sincerity. But, as ffery mentioned in an earlier post many of the subjects where sincerity shined through are alignment neutral. ffery maintains some caution.
7. Ser Arthur Dayne
pitoli
- we had pitoli in scumpile, but replace-out moves her/SAD up considerably. We really liked his opening. Should probably move him to top tier, but ffery wants more data first.
11. BROseidon - we can see town and scum motivations for going along with the gambit, and feel like he's coasting a bit on the perceived boost in townread
14. goodmorning - somebody else sort her please :/
15. Sakura Hana - could see a scum team with Sakura and pieguyn actually. Nati would move her to not so town.
19. Cephrir - both of us are seeing more scumrir flickers than cephtown flickers as the day has progressed. Would consider moving him down a grouping.

Not so Town

6. Generic - engagement, comments on game state seem meh to me. Will go with what Nati thinks.
10. pieguyn
SonOfZeus
- for ~reasons~. Want to see how this develops.
12. Brian Skies - almost in not enough data, but his edgy tone concerns me. I can see it coming from a town place, maybe, kinda, but not convinced.
20. Desperado - such a huge and intentional meta change feels town, but I dunno. ffery might go for the maybe town group based on the unabashed playstyle change-up. Nati believing des-posts for a second right now

Null or Not enough data

REPLACEMENT
roflcopter
- ffery has one prior game, which was also fast moving. He was town. If he bitched about the thread speed and length, it certainly wasn't the bulk of his input.
17. zMuffinMan
talah
- This doesn't look like his town game so far. Also doesn't look at all like his replace-in scum game. Still evaluating.

I wonder what gambits Cabd has done hmm to make you all so suspicious of him
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2331 (ISO) » Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:25 pm

Okay, Tammy is obvtown. Pieguyn is town. Stuffed are town (I think). Not sure about Arthur but Tammy reads him as town so I am not too worried. MC was annoying and I scumnread them for a while but I really don't have a read on them now that I think about it. Geists are town but don't sheep ffery because she is wrong about me. Nacho and I made a peace treaty to not nightkill each other if one of us is scum. I don't have a proper read on his and Thor's hydra. Brian is acting much like he did in Mentor and Mentee. DOMO looks town. KBBQ are also annoying and not engaging although I don't think it is alignment indicative. They pretty much scumread Stuffed and assume that if they were wrong, I would be scum for townreading them aka "whiteknighting." Cephrir looks town. I don't like the muffin wagon either.
Bert
Bert
Bert

Post Post #2332 (ISO) » Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:28 pm

Post by Bert »

In post 2169, KoreanBBQ wrote:Who played in Hrry otter with me? Did Tammy get defensive/upset like this?
Whoever wrote this makes me feel weird
In post 2203, Casso the King of Seals wrote:So you do believe that the scumteam is formed of "Nacho and a bunch of lurkers"? Meaning if you're wrong on me, your scumteam is... "a bunch of lurkers"?
this is like totally a valid concern but it's weird of a person named Nacho to ask something like that

Sorry skimming randomly at this point guys cuz idk what's going on

also is it just me or is Broseidon's ISO pretty underwhelming...it's almost like Empire lurking as scum or something and doing as little as possible
Bert
Bert
Bert

Post Post #2333 (ISO) » Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:29 pm

Post by Bert »

In post 2331, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:Nacho and I made a peace treaty to not nightkill each other if one of us is scum.
that's silly
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2334 (ISO) » Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:30 pm

Post by geists »

In post 2330, Bert wrote:quoted in my own ISO for reference:

Spoiler:
In post 1966, geists wrote:THIS IS NOT A SERIATIM LIST

Town

1. Tammy - p much strongest town read.
4. MC Maraca (Cabd + Ms Marangal) - lots of footnotes but we're here for now. Would like to hear what the point of the crumb gambit was.
5. F-16_Fighting_Falcon - Nati feels stronger about this read than ffery does, but both are pretty comfortable at this point.
9. Stuffed Crust (Mac + Varsoon) - unless GiF says otherwise.
13. KoreanBBQ (GuyInFreezer + Nero Cain) - this read could go stale fast, though. Right now, they're almost on a par with Tammy as far as ffery is concerned.
18. DOMO - for ffery this read weakened a little. Listening to Mara for now.

Maybe Town

3. Casso the King of Seals (Nachomamma8 + Thor665) - both of us are happier with Nacho's posts over the last couple of days, particularly the strong flashes of sincerity. But, as ffery mentioned in an earlier post many of the subjects where sincerity shined through are alignment neutral. ffery maintains some caution.
7. Ser Arthur Dayne
pitoli
- we had pitoli in scumpile, but replace-out moves her/SAD up considerably. We really liked his opening. Should probably move him to top tier, but ffery wants more data first.
11. BROseidon - we can see town and scum motivations for going along with the gambit, and feel like he's coasting a bit on the perceived boost in townread
14. goodmorning - somebody else sort her please :/
15. Sakura Hana - could see a scum team with Sakura and pieguyn actually. Nati would move her to not so town.
19. Cephrir - both of us are seeing more scumrir flickers than cephtown flickers as the day has progressed. Would consider moving him down a grouping.

Not so Town

6. Generic - engagement, comments on game state seem meh to me. Will go with what Nati thinks.
10. pieguyn
SonOfZeus
- for ~reasons~. Want to see how this develops.
12. Brian Skies - almost in not enough data, but his edgy tone concerns me. I can see it coming from a town place, maybe, kinda, but not convinced.
20. Desperado - such a huge and intentional meta change feels town, but I dunno. ffery might go for the maybe town group based on the unabashed playstyle change-up. Nati believing des-posts for a second right now

Null or Not enough data

REPLACEMENT
roflcopter
- ffery has one prior game, which was also fast moving. He was town. If he bitched about the thread speed and length, it certainly wasn't the bulk of his input.
17. zMuffinMan
talah
- This doesn't look like his town game so far. Also doesn't look at all like his replace-in scum game. Still evaluating.

I wonder what gambits Cabd has done hmm to make you all so suspicious of him
Generic is in the wrong place in that list. He should be in the next group up. Other reads have changed since then. I'll probably post an updated reads list before nightfall.
Bert
Bert
Bert

Post Post #2335 (ISO) » Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:30 pm

Post by Bert »

yeah, KoreanBBQ's ISO feels fake as heck. I just looked at who that hydra is.

GIF what is wrong with you, hope all those posts were Nero or else we will have issues?
Bert
Bert
Bert

Post Post #2336 (ISO) » Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:32 pm

Post by Bert »

Just skimmed that Stuffed Crust hydra person too. That person is melodramatic or overdramatizing sorta

Quoted for Bert's reference:
Spoiler:
In post 1632, Stuffed Crust wrote:I stole this from a guy.

Town:

Generic- Purty town.
Stuffed Crust (Mac + Varsoon) - I'm town.
MafiaSSK - Has dropped off the face of the planet. Town due to wagon interaction (his wagon feels scum-motivated, etc)
geists (fferyllt + Natirasha) - Super chill, strong-town read from Mac and I.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon - Coherent and stuff. Feels town. Isn't taking advantage of the latest wagons.
BROseidon - Strong town from Mac and I.
Cephrir - Don't like him. He's maybe town.
DOMO - Thought he was scum for awhile, but he feels pretty town now.

Meh:

roflcopter - Very meh, hasn't done anything worth noticing.
goodmorning - Occasionally gets pretty sassy, but feels less involved.
zMuffinMan- Isn't taking all the risks I usually associate with town-muffin. Dunno.
Casso the King of Seals (Nachomamma8 + Thor665) - Looking back at our QT, Mac's warming to the idea of Casso being town, but I think they're too carefully poised to be town. Scum-reading this, personally.

Not so Town:

pieguyn - reeks of the town pieguyn I remember, but his vote patterns are awkward.
Sakura Hana - Pretty scummy due to votes, interaction, lurkdom, etc.
MC Maraca (Cabd + Ms Marangal) - Feels scum. Hung up on the reads thing.
KoreanBBQ (GuyInFreezer + Nero Cain) - Has taken too much of a back seat. GiF hasn't danced with me yet. Probably scum.
Desperado - Lacks Desperation, reeks of scum-desp, weird voting patterns.

In this game?

Brian Skies - Who?
Tammy - Who the fuck is Tammy?
pitoli - wait, who?

My problem with MC Maraca's list is that it didn't shake up the status quo. It was milquetoast and read, to me, more like a reflection of the game so far and less like an independent reads-list.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2337 (ISO) » Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:34 pm

In post 2305, geists wrote:I dunno what I see, but the jump on mara felt opportunistic, and that bit about not starting a wagon because there was no support bothers me. Someone has to start every wagon. Where it goes from there is up to other players.
How is it opportunistic? That was probably the wagon least likely to go through. I had plenty of opportunities to jump onto a ffery-approved wagon and avoid those alarm bells going off.

MC are doing the same thing. They haven't voted for me at all - merely looked for support.
Bert
Bert
Bert

Post Post #2338 (ISO) » Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:37 pm

Post by Bert »

In post 2177, MC Maraca wrote:Tammy:

I'm voting who I think is scum; not who I think is getting way too hot and bothered because "omfg how dare they read me wrong don't they know I'm innocent child" You can take your burden of proficiency at reading you onto your plane with you. And lose it in the luggage sorting area. In the great words of andrius, "The only innocents are bodies"

I won't pretend to understand exactly what mara did with you; and I personally think it was a bit over the top; but this is a game. Anything and everything that helps me, or my partner, get a read is fair game to me so long as it falls in the game's rules.
hey look, this is pretty sincere sounding from this hydra.

but also it's like in their ISO they are trying hard to be like endearing or something, a cute way or charming way to interact with people. It's a side I don't usually see from Mara/Cabd as much, which makes me feel a little weird too

weird is my cliché word of the day, sorry guys, and yeah i will tone down the spam once i feel like im in the game yeahhhhh....
Bert
Bert
Bert

Post Post #2339 (ISO) » Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:38 pm

Post by Bert »

Hi cabd and Mara!!!

It's your favorite lynchbait here.

Vote: MC MARACA

Gutshot, looks like Falcon isn't helping me by telling me who's scum. Bert was eager and now is disappointed. Also, does anyone feel Mara has been like...not here, which... bah humbug

And so I continue reading!
KoreanBBQ
KoreanBBQ
Goon
KoreanBBQ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2340 (ISO) » Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:39 pm

Post by KoreanBBQ »

In post 2335, Bert wrote:yeah, KoreanBBQ's ISO feels fake as heck. I just looked at who that hydra is.

GIF what is wrong with you, hope all those posts were Nero or else we will have issues?
A lot of posts were made by me.

Here's a quick recap about what happened to GIF:
1. He first struggled to stay with the game's flow.
2. He felt like now he ditched the desync phase and started to do something
3. Got depressed by ppl not recognizing it
4. Got drunk
5. Ditched his self-expectation
5. Went on long V/LA
6. Currently in "Fuck the world I'm just gonna do what my subconcious tells me to do" mode
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #2341 (ISO) » Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:39 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

Hi Bert!
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Bert
Bert
Bert

Post Post #2342 (ISO) » Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:41 pm

Post by Bert »

In post 2340, KoreanBBQ wrote:
In post 2335, Bert wrote:yeah, KoreanBBQ's ISO feels fake as heck. I just looked at who that hydra is.

A lot of posts were made by me.

Here's a quick recap about what happened to GIF:
1. He first struggled to stay with the game's flow.
2. He felt like now he ditched the desync phase and started to do something
3. Got depressed by ppl not recognizing it
4. Got drunk
5. Ditched his self-expectation
5. Went on long V/LA
6. Currently in "Fuck the world I'm just gonna do what my subconcious tells me to do" mode
Thank you so much. what was Cabd's gambits? And lemme take one wild guess - Sakura did some wild gambit too didnt she.... i would totally not be surprised

P-edit: HI SAKURA! I forgot you're in this game!
Bert
Bert
Bert

Post Post #2343 (ISO) » Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:45 pm

Post by Bert »

In post 1999, Tammy wrote:So. I'm like 35 pages behind in this game. I'm not reading those 35 pages. From what I've skimmed here and there it's mostly just self-important blather and spam that really does nothing.
wow you make me feel so much better dude I came in today like 93 pages behind,

maybe this is Masons and Serona 514 kinda bad D1 spam-wise and I won't stand out so much here hmmmm :eek:
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2344 (ISO) » Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:47 pm

Post by geists »

In post 2337, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
In post 2305, geists wrote:I dunno what I see, but the jump on mara felt opportunistic, and that bit about not starting a wagon because there was no support bothers me. Someone has to start every wagon. Where it goes from there is up to other players.
How is it opportunistic? That was probably the wagon least likely to go through. I had plenty of opportunities to jump onto a ffery-approved wagon and avoid those alarm bells going off.
It's a relative thing, and maybe it's because I missed the significance of some of your stances in our earlier games due to knowing your alignment.
MC are doing the same thing. They haven't voted for me at all - merely looked for support.
For that matter so have I, though I voted you for a short while. I have more to say on this topic, but first I want to know why what I am doing is different from what Cabd is doing.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2345 (ISO) » Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:48 pm

In post 2339, Bert wrote:Hi cabd and Mara!!!

It's your favorite lynchbait here.

Vote: MC MARACA

Gutshot, looks like Falcon isn't helping me by telling me who's scum. Bert was eager and now is disappointed. Also, does anyone feel Mara has been like...not here, which... bah humbug

And so I continue reading!
You know I catch scum through POE right? This game is large enough that I haven't been able to do it yet. I'll try and formulate a reads-list before the end of the day though.
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2346 (ISO) » Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:49 pm

Post by geists »

In post 2343, Bert wrote:
In post 1999, Tammy wrote:So. I'm like 35 pages behind in this game. I'm not reading those 35 pages. From what I've skimmed here and there it's mostly just self-important blather and spam that really does nothing.
wow you make me feel so much better dude I came in today like 93 pages behind,

maybe this is Masons and Serona 514 kinda bad D1 spam-wise and I won't stand out so much here hmmmm :eek:
The gambit was soft-claiming mason during RVS.

F-16 is calling Mara's reaction test of Tammy a gambit, I think.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2347 (ISO) » Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:51 pm

In post 2344, geists wrote:It's a relative thing, and maybe it's because I missed the significance of some of your stances in our earlier games due to knowing your alignment.
What do you mean by "relative" in this context? How is it relative?
In post 2344, geists wrote:For that matter so have I, though I voted you for a short while. I have more to say on this topic, but first I want to know why what I am doing is different from what Cabd is doing.
I am not sure what this is in reference to.
Ser Arthur Dayne
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2348 (ISO) » Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:52 pm

Post by Ser Arthur Dayne »

In post 2341, Sakura Hana wrote:Hi Bert!
Hi I noticed you post here and there but you have no content since I entered the game.

Do you like... have scum reads and can you switch off SC kthx.
vezokpiraka: If you are playing on EUNE we can duo.
chesskid3: I play on NA because i enjoy my freedom.
Ser Arthur Dayne
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2349 (ISO) » Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:53 pm

Post by Ser Arthur Dayne »

Tammy you can read Nero right?

Because I'm just gonna sheep your read on him.
vezokpiraka: If you are playing on EUNE we can duo.
chesskid3: I play on NA because i enjoy my freedom.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”