NY 169: The EPIC XD Mafia Game of Greatness (Game Over)

pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1975 (ISO) » Sat Dec 14, 2013 7:32 pm

Post by pieguyn »

no I'm in the not so town pile :cry:

still wanna know why but it seems they won't explain it yet ._.

@geists:
sry, forgot. can you also explain the Cephrir read?
MC Maraca
MC Maraca
Mafia Scum
MC Maraca
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1976 (ISO) » Sat Dec 14, 2013 7:35 pm

Post by MC Maraca »

That should be appended to "reasons for pie" because I'd like more than ~reasons~ and if ffery is obvtowning me she has plenty of ways to tell me whats up one to one in code of sorts.
Cabd: "hell, mc maraca is a two lady hydra of justice"
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1977 (ISO) » Sat Dec 14, 2013 7:35 pm

Post by geists »

In post 1968, zMuffinMan wrote:what strong flashes of sincerity from nacho?

why is goodmorning in your maybetown list with "somebody else sort her please"?

also you left mafiassk out of that list?
I doubt it would be meaningful to you. It's mostly stuff about how nacho and I read each other from game to game. So, lots of meta, and acknowledgement that in our recent games meta isn't nearly as useful as it once was. Every game seems to start considerably below ground zero lately.

MafiaSSK should be in the maybe town group, though I think we'd like to move him up, we just...can't atm.
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1978 (ISO) » Sat Dec 14, 2013 7:44 pm

Post by geists »

In post 1970, MC Maraca wrote:
In post 1966, geists wrote:14. goodmorning - somebody else sort her please :/
She's my mason buddy dontchaknow?

Nah but really; there's certain things I equate with GM scum and she's done none of them so far, so you can call it a weak town read from me.
Good.
MC Maraca wrote:
In post 1966, geists wrote:20. Desperado - such a huge and intentional meta change feels town, but I dunno. ffery might go for the maybe town group based on the unabashed playstyle change-up. Nati believing des-posts for a second right now
You'll have to clarify this one; it sounds conflicted and not like he's in the scumpile.
I somehow mangled some words in that. Nati is not believing his posts right now. I have this bias about meta-changes, that players are more likely to own them up front as town than as scum, but it's a weak bias. It's more of a hydra conflict than an internal one, and I'm weighing Nati's opinions here pretty strongly.
pieguyn wrote:what do you like about SAD's opening?
It felt strong and assertive. Much easier for town to replace in on a strong footing IMO.
can you explain your read on KoreanBBQ plz?
It's a meta read. If I need to explain it, that will have to wait until tomorrow because my ability to string words together has taken a hit in the last couple hours.
geists wrote:You took my word for it? really?
?
"I'm town as fuck because I never do xyz as scum."

"Ok."
puts player on town list
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1979 (ISO) » Sat Dec 14, 2013 7:49 pm

Post by geists »

At least nobody's calling our reads a consensus list. Image
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1980 (ISO) » Sat Dec 14, 2013 7:53 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 1975, pieguyn wrote:
@geists:
Would you accept an answer from me? Because I can provide one.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1981 (ISO) » Sat Dec 14, 2013 7:57 pm

Post by geists »

In post 1975, pieguyn wrote:no I'm in the not so town pile :cry:

still wanna know why but it seems they won't explain it yet ._.
I wrote that this morning when I was hoping either someone else would notice what I was noticing or you would step it up. I wound up giving away part of the ~reasons~ in a reply to F16.
@geists:
It's a growing sense of unease about his stances, pushes and votes. I don't like some of the targets. That's true of other players' targets as well, but there's just something scummy and (yeah I'm using this word) opportunistic about his pushes.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1982 (ISO) » Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:02 pm

Post by pieguyn »

In post 1978, geists wrote:It's a meta read. If I need to explain it, that will have to wait until tomorrow because my ability to string words together has taken a hit in the last couple hours.
on GIF or nero?
In post 1978, geists wrote:"I'm town as fuck because I never do xyz as scum."

"Ok."
puts player on town list
it's kind of weird. in AA:MFA, you were surprised that I hadn't read you as town by a certain point. and then at that point, I felt I gained a better understanding of your playstyle, of the kinds of things you'd be more likely to do as town than scum, since you were legitimately surprised after some of the stuff you did in that game I wouldn't be townreading you. it's kind of hard to explain, but some of the stuff you've done in this game feels similar to what you did in that game, and so I'm inclined to believe you're town for it. for example, the trying to get people off DOMO wagon seems similar to your confidence in breaking up the me vs Kaze 1v1, and also fits under the model of someone who doesn't like playing scum as much as town. then F-16 came in and said you were probably town due to your push on Nacho and that did a lot to help my confidence in my read
In post 1980, Cephrir wrote:Would you accept an answer from me? Because I can provide one.
I could but ffery answered it already
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1983 (ISO) » Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:06 pm

Post by pieguyn »

In post 1981, geists wrote:It's a growing sense of unease about his stances, pushes and votes. I don't like some of the targets. That's true of other players' targets as well, but there's just something scummy and (yeah I'm using this word) opportunistic about his pushes.
did you notice Cephrir had me in his town pile and then the suspicion started shifting my way and said he was starting to agree with me-scum?
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1984 (ISO) » Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:06 pm

Post by Generic »

In post 1966, geists wrote:THIS IS NOT A SERIATIM LIST

Town

1. Tammy - p much strongest town read.
4. MC Maraca (Cabd + Ms Marangal) - lots of footnotes but we're here for now. Would like to hear what the point of the crumb gambit was.
5. F-16_Fighting_Falcon - Nati feels stronger about this read than ffery does, but both are pretty comfortable at this point.
9. Stuffed Crust (Mac + Varsoon) - unless GiF says otherwise.
13. KoreanBBQ (GuyInFreezer + Nero Cain) - this read could go stale fast, though. Right now, they're almost on a par with Tammy as far as ffery is concerned.
18. DOMO - for ffery this read weakened a little. Listening to Mara for now.

Maybe Town

3. Casso the King of Seals (Nachomamma8 + Thor665) - both of us are happier with Nacho's posts over the last couple of days, particularly the strong flashes of sincerity. But, as ffery mentioned in an earlier post many of the subjects where sincerity shined through are alignment neutral. ffery maintains some caution.
7. Ser Arthur Dayne
pitoli
- we had pitoli in scumpile, but replace-out moves her/SAD up considerably. We really liked his opening. Should probably move him to top tier, but ffery wants more data first.
11. BROseidon - we can see town and scum motivations for going along with the gambit, and feel like he's coasting a bit on the perceived boost in townread
14. goodmorning - somebody else sort her please :/
15. Sakura Hana - could see a scum team with Sakura and pieguyn actually. Nati would move her to not so town.
19. Cephrir - both of us are seeing more scumrir flickers than cephtown flickers as the day has progressed. Would consider moving him down a grouping.

Not so Town

6. Generic - engagement, comments on game state seem meh to me. Will go with what Nati thinks.
10. pieguyn
SonOfZeus
- for ~reasons~. Want to see how this develops.
12. Brian Skies - almost in not enough data, but his edgy tone concerns me. I can see it coming from a town place, maybe, kinda, but not convinced.
20. Desperado - such a huge and intentional meta change feels town, but I dunno. ffery might go for the maybe town group based on the unabashed playstyle change-up. Nati believing des-posts for a second right now

Null or Not enough data

REPLACEMENT
roflcopter
- ffery has one prior game, which was also fast moving. He was town. If he bitched about the thread speed and length, it certainly wasn't the bulk of his input.
17. zMuffinMan
talah
- This doesn't look like his town game so far. Also doesn't look at all like his replace-in scum game. Still evaluating.
That's such a wishy washy list. Cant even bring yourself to have actual scum reads?

Whats the matter? scared of drawing focus through the conflict?

vote geists

Should never have left this vote in the first place. scum is scum
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1985 (ISO) » Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:07 pm

Post by geists »

In post 1982, pieguyn wrote:on GIF or nero?
I have more well rounded experiential meta with GiF. Nero and I have a few games together but we've both been town in all our completed games. So, it's both, but I'm leaning harder on the GiF meta because of more games played when he was scum.
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1986 (ISO) » Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:08 pm

Post by geists »

@generic "not so town" is our scumpile.
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1987 (ISO) » Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:09 pm

Post by geists »

Also...just realized. generic is supposed to be in the "maybe town" group. I thought I moved him up after Nati and I talked.
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1988 (ISO) » Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:11 pm

Post by Generic »

In post 1986, geists wrote:@generic "not so town" is our scumpile.
Why the hell call it something so ambiguous?

And loving the OMGUS from you, have you ever explained your scum read on me?
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1989 (ISO) » Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:13 pm

Post by pieguyn »

In post 1985, geists wrote:So, it's both, but I'm leaning harder on the GiF meta because of more games played when he was scum.
I think we might be seeing the same thing about him. not sure though bc I don't have very much data, especially of his towngames (I only have one towngame with him and it was offsite and I was scum)
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1990 (ISO) » Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:14 pm

Post by Generic »

Also, could you be more on the fence?

Not so Town
6. Generic - engagement, comments on game state seem meh to me. Will go with what Nati thinks.
10. pieguyn SonOfZeus - for ~reasons~. Want to see how this develops.
12. Brian Skies - almost in not enough data, but his edgy tone concerns me. I can see it coming from a town place, maybe, kinda, but not convinced.
20. Desperado - such a huge and intentional meta change feels town, but I dunno. ffery might go for the maybe town group based on the unabashed playstyle change-up. Nati believing des-posts for a second right now

"Generic = meh, but its what the other head thinks im going with, not me
Pieguyn = 'resaons'
Brian skies = edgy tone but that could be town
Desperado = meta change feels town"

Woe, such a definitive scum list. vote stands.
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1991 (ISO) » Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:15 pm

Post by Generic »

In post 1987, geists wrote:Also...just realized. generic is supposed to be in the "maybe town" group. I thought I moved him up after Nati and I talked.
convenient
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1992 (ISO) » Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:21 pm

Post by geists »

In post 1983, pieguyn wrote:
In post 1981, geists wrote:It's a growing sense of unease about his stances, pushes and votes. I don't like some of the targets. That's true of other players' targets as well, but there's just something scummy and (yeah I'm using this word) opportunistic about his pushes.
did you notice Cephrir had me in his town pile and then the suspicion started shifting my way and said he was starting to agree with me-scum?
yes.
Generic wrote:
In post 1986, geists wrote:@generic "not so town" is our scumpile.
Why the hell call it something so ambiguous?
I goof around and change my list section titles from time to time. Right now, I'm riffing on my own tendency to focus on town reads and town blocs.
And loving the OMGUS from you, have you ever explained your scum read on me?
Post 1987. Nati's pretty comfortable with you as town atm, so we moved you up. I missed that change when I made the revisions to the reads list.

zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1993 (ISO) » Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:44 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

@nosfferati

ok. i'm actually kinda meh about my ability to read nacho, but the main reason i don't like them at the moment is that it feels a lot like they're coasting along and content with not creating any friction while doing not a lot of anything. kinda hypocritical coming from me given the start i've had this game, but meh, i'm still getting my bearings in this game.

i also don't like the way they're forming their reads. it doesn't look like what i'd expect from them as town. e.g. i'm not really sure what's going on with their read on me. i've never seen nacho use meta as a primary means for reading me, not to mention how horribly half-assed that meta read on me is - granted i don't have much content yet to go on, but this just felt like him trying to push the idea that i'm not playing to some concept of my town meta he apparently has and calling me scum without properly analysing. and thor's read on me in just completely ignored nacho's analysis, which makes me go, "wtf?" the other reads i've seen from them haven't been any more impressive

btw, if you're having trouble sorting me, why not, you know, ask me stuff?
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1994 (ISO) » Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:50 pm

Post by geists »

mostly because reading, isoing, researching and posting on this tiny slow-ass netbook is a huge disincentive to staying engaged. I will probably piss everyone off with a shitton of posts sometime tomorrow or Monday after I acquire a shiny new laptop.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1995 (ISO) » Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:00 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

i forget, have you seen pieguy scum before, ffery? what's nati said about it?

because i'm thinking pieguy town here and i was expecting nati to be thinking along the same lines i am about him
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1996 (ISO) » Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:09 pm

Post by geists »

Yeah I talked about Touhou with her. I distinctly said that the ease of which we caught him that game is giving me second thoughts here.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1997 (ISO) » Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:55 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

nati, what stuff did you personally like about casso?

also, who are you thinking about voting? the only scum read you guys have that i really agree with is brian
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1998 (ISO) » Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:04 pm

Post by geists »

I'll get to that sometime I'm not on my phone.

As for my vote, I'm legit not sure. I told ffery vote for whoever and I'll support it. If I had to pick a name, probably Desperado though.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1999 (ISO) » Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:19 pm

Post by Tammy »

So. I'm like 35 pages behind in this game. I'm not reading those 35 pages. From what I've skimmed here and there it's mostly just self-important blather and spam that really does nothing. Also, it's filled with posts by people who are annoying me, so. If I'm alive in a couple days I'll read it when I re-read the game, but other than that no thank you. I suppose there's a slight possibility I'll finish grading and packing and have extra time to read the bloat but as I'd prefer not to beat myself upside the head with a baseball bat probably not.

I think that one of the people in a oh let's talk about Tammy's meta and discuss how it makes her more likely town because she can't, no can she, fake emotions as scum is probably scum. I haven't decided who; I don't have good feelings about any of them.
In post 1882, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:goodmorning is probably town.

Why is goodmorning the first person you iso'd?
In post 1883, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:Tammy is highly town too unless she started being able to imitate her town aggressiveness? Idk someone who recently played with her can link me to something like that.
If you feel even slightly unsure about me why don't you address me directly? Save Nacho, you probably know my meta better than anyone here, and know how to get a read on me. (Also if you're going to hang out at the gold saucer, could you get an avatar that is more pleasing to me?)

Geists - Assertive is not a town tell for Arthur. I *kinda* like his posting so far, but we'll see.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”